Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5446712 times)

kingv

Re: US Politics Thread |OT| bombbombomb bombbomb Iran
« Reply #48960 on: January 12, 2020, 04:45:11 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I still love this woman

She’s got the dementia too.

Went outside wrapped in a Persian rug.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48961 on: January 12, 2020, 07:50:49 AM »
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1216054398138376192

TOSS A COIN TO YOUR GRIFTER OH VALLEY OF PLENTY OH VALLEY OF PLENTY
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #48962 on: January 12, 2020, 10:52:38 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/ennzq1/low_unemployment_isnt_worth_much_if_the_jobs/

:kermit

In a recent analysis, we found that 53 million workers ages 18 to 64—or 44% of all workers—earn barely enough to live on. Their median earnings are $10.22 per hour, and about $18,000 per year. These low-wage workers are concentrated in a relatively small number of occupations, including retail sales, cooks, food and beverage servers, janitors and housekeepers, personal care and service workers (such as child care workers and patient care assistants), and various administrative positions.

Just how concerning are these figures? Some will say that not all low-wage workers are in dire economic straits or reliant on their earnings to support themselves, and that’s true. But as the following data points show, it would be a mistake to assume that most low-wage workers are young people just getting started, or students, or secondary earners, or otherwise financially secure:

• Two-thirds (64%) of low-wage workers are in their prime working years of 25 to 54.
  • More than half (57%) work full-time year-round, the customary schedule for employment intended to provide financial security.
  • About half (51%) are primary earners or contribute substantially to family living expenses.
  • Thirty-seven percent have children. Of this group, 23% live below the federal poverty line.
  • Less than half (45%) of low-wage workers ages 18 to 24 are in school or already have a college degree.

These statistics tell an important story: Millions of hardworking American adults struggle to eke out a living and support their families on very low wages.

#BernItDown #FuckYang #FuckShostaForSupportingYang #YangIsAGrifter #FuckCapitalism

PS, just for Glenn-bb: Clinton wouldn't have done shit about this, and you know it.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #48963 on: January 12, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1216435180220620807

Wow even Trumps hopping on the Bernie train

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #48964 on: January 12, 2020, 03:11:19 PM »
Yeah and then he's gonna go on to defeat the nazi party in the general. :rejoice
Hi

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #48965 on: January 12, 2020, 03:51:04 PM »
trump feeling da bern

stay tuned
lmao

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48966 on: January 12, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »
Oath Keepers  :doge their leader has ginormous blue balls for a civil war so he can gun down liberals (he's already on the record preemptively not accepting the 2020 election results if Trump loses).

Alex Jones shit a lot on QAnon but there's maybe a hint of jealousy to that and there's no doubt that a lot of those groups in that flyer feel there's a large demographic of susceptible slacktivists to tap into.
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler

bluemax

« Reply #48968 on: January 13, 2020, 12:43:13 AM »
Is Pete Buttigieg secretly the Hamburglar?
NO

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #48969 on: January 13, 2020, 12:47:09 AM »
the thottiecratic party  :lawd

thottiecrats :pimp

Himu

« Reply #48970 on: January 13, 2020, 12:50:46 AM »
weekend of bernie :rejoice
IYKYK

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #48971 on: January 13, 2020, 01:11:46 AM »
?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216130169477439488
Protests in Tehran and other cities against the regime.

They promised HARD REVENGE and failed to hit anything. Then they shot down a civilian airliner instead so people are pissed.
All eyes and media on them too so they can't just waltz tanks through the protests like usual.
They arrested the UK ambassador and had to immediately release him because of the international backlash and now the US wants them to apologize for that too.

Not even the Ayatollahs are safe from the vortex of fuckery that Donald Trump brings whenever he involves himself with something.
eh, iran has been on edge for some time even before this fuckery. speaking to people there, they've been saying that the country is on the verge of full-on protests and demands for regime change for at least 5 years, and if that happens it won't be religious figures ruling anymore but a big shift to western liberalism

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #48972 on: January 13, 2020, 02:00:12 AM »
On the verge? They were already setting fire to banks and businesses in December. Iraq, Iran, Lebanon... there's a fever spreading.
每天生气

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #48973 on: January 13, 2020, 03:25:49 AM »
On the verge? They were already setting fire to banks and businesses in December. Iraq, Iran, Lebanon... there's a fever spreading.
impression i'm under is that people in iran were expecting something to kick-off at any moment in the last half decade at least, not just in december and the lead up to the fires

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48974 on: January 13, 2020, 05:29:25 AM »
There's been at least two major strings of protests in the last... 15 years in Iran ? I don't know if the regime is that brittle, especially in a national defense fervour.
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #48975 on: January 13, 2020, 10:47:05 AM »
Holy shit whose bright idea was it to inject those blue quotes in the middle of responses.

At least you can collapse them all.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #48976 on: January 13, 2020, 11:23:07 AM »
Sad to see Warrens campaign collapsing like this.

As Bernie once said, when they go low,w e go high. Onwards Bernie bots!
:O

Himu

« Reply #48977 on: January 13, 2020, 11:26:06 AM »

It's collapsing because she has been exposed as a regressive. My opinion. :yeshrug
IYKYK

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #48978 on: January 13, 2020, 11:29:08 AM »
Cory Booker out

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #48979 on: January 13, 2020, 11:31:53 AM »

It's collapsing because she has been exposed as a regressive. My opinion. :yeshrug

white people amirite?
:O

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48980 on: January 13, 2020, 11:54:26 AM »

That's pretty sexist.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/13/politics/cory-booker-ends-presidential-race/index.html

Booker Out.

Let my stonks rise!

Himu

« Reply #48981 on: January 13, 2020, 12:13:15 PM »

That's pretty sexist.

What.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #48982 on: January 13, 2020, 12:15:03 PM »

white people amirite?

White people? No. She walked back her position on Medicare for all and when Iran happened she half defended the assassination and it felt very establishment-esque.

Meanwhile Sanders has surged since the Iran situation by sticking to his guns and has not balked on M4A.
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #48983 on: January 13, 2020, 12:20:35 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/13/opinion/bernie-sanders-nytimes-interview.html

There are some great tidbits in here :lol

Nick Fox: Can I just follow up on that one question? Given what we’ve gone through over the last three years when Democrats hear about the president flying around the country holding rallies, they might cringe. And I’m wondering how you flying around the country in 2021 rallying the people would be different than what Donald Trump has been doing?

Well, I don’t know if I should be insulted by that question. I’ve spent my life fighting against everything that Donald Trump stands for. O.K., but too — as I look at this country right now, what I see, and having been to virtually every state in this country, I think you have a people were very disillusioned with the political process, which is one of the reasons we have the demagogue in the White House right now. And I think the goal of a president who speaks for the American people, who believes in the American people is to rally them around ideas that they already believe in.

So, if I hold a rally, it’s not to attack undocumented people or African-American people, to try to divide the country up. It’s quite the contrary: to bring people together. Now you got in people like Mitch McConnell, somebody who, to his credit, believes that we should cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security and give tax breaks to billionaires. If 10 percent of the people in Kentucky agree with that, I would be surprised.Andy Beshear, a Democrat, was elected governor of Kentucky in November, defeating the incumbent, Matt Bevin, in a race that focused in part on Mr. Bevin’s unpopular cuts to health and social services including Medicaid. And as president of the United States, I would make that clear to the people of Kentucky.

KK: I was just going to ask, how do you respond to studies that show that you have one of the worst records in terms of bipartisan deal-making in the legislature right now?

Since he has been an Independent as a Senator... wouldn’t everything he cosponsors be reaching across party
Lines? I love that he is considered not a real democratic but also a total partisan.

Himu

« Reply #48984 on: January 13, 2020, 12:24:28 PM »
Funny question to ask the week after Sanders sends in legislation asap to stop any funding for a war on Iran that got one of the few republican senators on board.

Lee and Sanders also have had a relationship with bipartisan anti-interventionism in the past.

But let's not talk about Sanders' ability to reach across the aisle without compromising his mission statements.
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #48985 on: January 13, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »
©ZH

Himu

« Reply #48986 on: January 13, 2020, 12:45:48 PM »
One Million Mom's existed far before cancel culture and has always been a group of a thousand sniveling suburbanites. Who cares.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48987 on: January 13, 2020, 12:52:09 PM »
Binyamin Appelbaum: But you don’t think that that exploitation results in lower wages for domestic workers?

Sure it does. Right now, we have people who are being exploited. If you’re undocumented, and you’re being paid five bucks an hour, why am I going to pay her $12 an hour?

BA: I’m confused.

And that’s why the labor law that I am proposing will make sure you pay that worker $15 an hour, as a matter of fact.

BA: What you said on the Lou Dobbs show was that that exploitation lowers wages, and you just said that again. So, I’m confused about what has changed about your position.

What did I just say again?

BA: You said that the exploitation of undocumented workers results in lower wages for domestic workers.

Yeah, if you’re being paid $5 — If you’re being paid $5 an hour, now of course it’s going to lower wages. Why would I hire at a higher wage?

BA: But just a minute ago you said that was no longer your position. Is it your position that immigration, and exploitation ——

I didn’t say “immigration.” I said that if you are paid, anybody is paid, exploited and illegally paid low wages, of course that’s going to lower wage standards in America.

BA: And that’s what’s happening right now?

You said that. I didn’t say that. I don’t know how big a deal it is, but if people are being exploited by their employers, of course it lowers wages in America. Why do I — If I can get you for cheap labor, why do I pay her a living wage? Do you deny that? I mean, I don’t know. That’s ——

BA: I just wanted to understand your position. Thank you.

Do you disagree with that?

BA: I think that there’s a lot of research suggesting that that’s not actually the case, yes.

That if I pay you five bucks an hour, it doesn’t have an impact on her wages.

BA: That immigration ——

I didn’t say immigration.

BA: The immigration under current circumstances, which is substantially under ——

Buh-buh-buh-buh-buh. Hold on. You’re misstating me. All I am saying is that if for whatever reason, I’m paying you $5 an hour, O.K.? You don’t think that’s going to lower the wages that she gets?

This exchange is amazing.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #48988 on: January 13, 2020, 12:54:55 PM »
One Million Mom's existed far before cancel culture and has always been a group of a thousand sniveling suburbanites. Who cares.

I know that. I'm just poking at the fact that when people boycott fox news advertisers it's "cancel culture." When the right boycotts something it's a 'serious matter worth looking into.'
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48989 on: January 13, 2020, 01:25:36 PM »
Don't worry Warren, CNN is on the case.
https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status/1216782522236985344
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #48990 on: January 13, 2020, 01:30:31 PM »
I know that. I'm just poking at the fact that when people boycott fox news advertisers it's "cancel culture." When the right boycotts something it's a 'serious matter worth looking into.'
Same with virtue signaling, or Trump derangement syndrome, etc. Pathologize some aspect of human behaviour, but suggest it's only 'them' doing it. Wham bam, you've got yourself an easy insult to dismiss someone with.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #48991 on: January 13, 2020, 01:30:39 PM »
Don't worry Warren, CNN is on the case.
https://twitter.com/ryanobles/status/1216782522236985344

I love this sharp Bernie

"It is ludicrous to believe that at the same meeting where Elizabeth Warren told me she was going to run for president, I would tell her that a woman couldn't win," Sanders said. "It's sad that, three weeks before the Iowa caucus and a year after that private conversation, staff who weren't in the room are lying about what happened. What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever he could. Do I believe a woman can win in 2020? Of course! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016."

Brent Staples: I think it’s — how about the fact that Trump has touched a chord in 40 to 44 percent of the people? I mean, what about that issue is that Trump is a symptom of a widespread problem. I mean, how do you address that? The problem exists whether Trump is president or not is what I’m saying.

I wish I could give you a great answer, brilliant answer to that. But this is what I will tell you, because that’s, you’re right. What is the issue? How did Trump become president? O.K. And I think it speaks to something that I talk about a lot and that is the fact that the — not everybody, but tens and tens of millions of Americans feel that the political establishment, Republican and Democrat, have failed them. Maybe The New York Times has failed them, too.

Deep Cuts. :punch
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 01:36:29 PM by Cauliflower Of Love »

Himu

« Reply #48992 on: January 13, 2020, 01:41:19 PM »
:rejoice

Bernie
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48993 on: January 13, 2020, 01:43:19 PM »
No wonder Trump couldn't care less about negotiating with Iran, he lives for this drama :lol
Bernie Sander’s volunteers are trashing Elizabeth “Pocahontus” Warren. Everybody knows her campaign is dead and want her potential voters. Mini Mike B is also trying, but getting tiny crowds which are all leaving fast. Elizabeth is very angry at Bernie. Do I see a feud brewing?
🤴

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #48994 on: January 13, 2020, 02:12:36 PM »
No wonder Trump couldn't care less about negotiating with Iran, he lives for this drama :lol
Bernie Sander’s volunteers are trashing Elizabeth “Pocahontus” Warren. Everybody knows her campaign is dead and want her potential voters. Mini Mike B is also trying, but getting tiny crowds which are all leaving fast. Elizabeth is very angry at Bernie. Do I see a feud brewing?

I was about to post that  :lol
So that is what to stay tuned in for. One step closer to a hell in a cell DemDebate, a welcome treat for all those who bothered watching them.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48996 on: January 13, 2020, 03:14:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/sarahlazare/status/1216771835339116547

:trumps
With such greatest hits as
Send Iran $500 billion
Give Putin a plastic button
Allow ISIS to expand
Look at some titties
🤴

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #48998 on: January 13, 2020, 04:35:12 PM »
warren's campaign flailing as they die out  :dobbs

feel the bern, tasty  :pimp

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #49000 on: January 13, 2020, 04:46:54 PM »
I guess the white house just got polling results up against bernie.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #49001 on: January 13, 2020, 04:50:16 PM »
Slightly more American voters say that the killing of a top Iranian general was the right action for the United States to take, with 45 percent saying it was the right action and 41 percent saying it was the wrong action, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll of registered voters released today.

Nearly two thirds of voters, 64 percent, would oppose the United States going to war against Iran, while 26 percent would support going to war. There is again a big difference by party as Democrats say they oppose war against Iran 91 - 7 percent and independents oppose war against Iran 73 - 18 percent, while Republicans would support war against Iran 55 - 31 percent.

I guess it didn't work.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3653

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49003 on: January 13, 2020, 06:09:32 PM »
Slightly more American voters say that the killing of a top Iranian general was the right action for the United States to take, with 45 percent saying it was the right action and 41 percent saying it was the wrong action, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll of registered voters released today.

Nearly two thirds of voters, 64 percent, would oppose the United States going to war against Iran, while 26 percent would support going to war. There is again a big difference by party as Democrats say they oppose war against Iran 91 - 7 percent and independents oppose war against Iran 73 - 18 percent, while Republicans would support war against Iran 55 - 31 percent.

I guess it didn't work.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3653
So plan B it is

https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/1216856079243653126
Including the his promotion of a fake image of Nancy Pelosi wearing a Hijab

absolute beast mode engaged
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49004 on: January 13, 2020, 06:49:25 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49005 on: January 13, 2020, 06:54:18 PM »
Warren: "Well jeebers he said a woman can't be President, now let me tell you something Bernie and all the men here. A Woman can be President. We'd be a pretty darn good President too! YEAH LADIES WOOOOOO SELFIE TIME!!!..."

Bernie: "SENATOR WARREN IS LYING TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE BECAUSE WALL STREET IS MORE AFRAID OF ME THAN THEY ARE OF HER. She should stop with these silly games and drop out like all the other clowns."

Warren: *cries and walks off stage*
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #49006 on: January 13, 2020, 06:57:07 PM »
era is telling me shaun king isn't to be trusted?

When did this happen?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49007 on: January 13, 2020, 06:59:09 PM »
Shaun King sounds like a made up name of a Russian troll bot just sayin
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49008 on: January 13, 2020, 07:04:46 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216755243712643073

good, but missed opportunity to nickname cory booger  :lol

https://twitter.com/JohnathanRoyale/status/1216869854889811969

dat track record  :lawd during the same time periodt warren was out hating the gays, women's rights and the poors  :mueller

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #49009 on: January 13, 2020, 07:10:32 PM »
Hi

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49010 on: January 13, 2020, 07:11:35 PM »
he backed bern dawg, so they came for him!

kingv

« Reply #49011 on: January 13, 2020, 07:14:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1216853812167806976

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1216855032953548802

classic warren  :mueller dumb biiiaaaaaaaatch really can't stop making shit up  :trumps

I don’t believe any of this. The Cherokee tribe are a very honorable people.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49012 on: January 13, 2020, 07:22:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1216437138625003522

it begins  :lol bern dawg vs trump is best for the country, the world and the lol's  :trumps

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1216853812167806976

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1216855032953548802

classic warren  :mueller dumb biiiaaaaaaaatch really can't stop making shit up  :trumps

I don’t believe any of this. The Cherokee tribe are a very honorable people.
https://twitter.com/jamie_agust/status/1216873017797758976

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #49013 on: January 13, 2020, 07:26:35 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #49014 on: January 13, 2020, 07:39:03 PM »

RIP BERNARD SANDER!

shosta

« Reply #49015 on: January 13, 2020, 07:51:38 PM »
"Bernie said a woman can't win the election. I have no interest in discussing this any further."

:lol
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #49016 on: January 13, 2020, 07:52:43 PM »
Yes, Cauliflower of Love told me that "white people never wash their ass". I am sick of the media asking me about this. I will not be answering further questions.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #49017 on: January 13, 2020, 08:11:11 PM »
The shameful and disgusting corporate media have been pursuing a story in an attempt to drive a wedge between me and 213372bu. Yes, during lunch, he did say to me that, "filipinos are the b*aners of Asia", and asked if we "technically qualify as midgets". He also said on several separate occasions that the US should have kept it as a colony. We have much more in common than we have differences. I am not interested in discussing this further.
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #49018 on: January 13, 2020, 08:12:24 PM »
It's implicitly the same analysis as a lot of Hillary's biggest defenders (ie she was treated differently by the media and perceived worse by voters because of her gender). They wouldn't like that framing, but still.

shosta

« Reply #49019 on: January 13, 2020, 08:16:12 PM »
Bernie can't actually elaborate on what it was he said or meant because if he meant "There's a lot of sexism in this country and I don't know if a woman can overcome that yet" he's going to alienate a lot of the white guys who like him for never bringing it up.
每天生气