Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5451726 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| #nytsucks
« Reply #49500 on: January 21, 2020, 02:42:32 PM »
What was the word she used? gobsmacked when she found out?

:rofl

Himu

« Reply #49501 on: January 21, 2020, 02:46:18 PM »
His entire thing was ridiculous. Schiff made a case for establishing the rules of the impeachment. They are not presenting evidence yet but made an entire tirade about "lack of evidence" when that wasn't Schiff's goal.

I'm staring in awe.
IYKYK

Trurl

« Reply #49502 on: January 21, 2020, 02:56:50 PM »
How awesome of him to have some Dasani bottles shipped in after he spent months poisoning the well.
Wasn't Hillary more negative on Obama in the primary while also less helpful of him in the general?  It's as if the difference is that Sanders is an illegitimate contender and had no right to seek the nomination. 

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #49503 on: January 21, 2020, 02:57:49 PM »
What was the word she used? gobsmacked when she found out?

:rofl

No, she said Bill was getting his gobsmacked when she found out.
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #49504 on: January 21, 2020, 03:00:47 PM »
This dude is arguing that the democrats are denying americans the right to vote

In conservative/moron land, holding a politician accountable is trying to negate an election. Unless it's a Dem, they have no rights.
©ZH

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #49505 on: January 21, 2020, 03:04:33 PM »
How awesome of him to have some Dasani bottles shipped in after he spent months poisoning the well.
Wasn't Hillary more negative on Obama in the primary while also less helpful of him in the general?  It's as if the difference is that Sanders is an illegitimate contender and had no right to seek the nomination.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/24/us/politics/24clinton.html

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #49506 on: January 21, 2020, 03:05:27 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/24/us/politics/24clinton.html

:yikes
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #49507 on: January 21, 2020, 03:07:29 PM »
"He was threatened.

He was sent a subpoena."

Still a classic :dead

"He had to get a lawyer. He had to pay for that lawyer. Then he went to court."

:dead
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 03:14:11 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Trurl

« Reply #49508 on: January 21, 2020, 03:20:19 PM »

The main difference is that race wasn't effectively over by Super Tuesday.

If Bald Man had still been in striking distance in May 2016, by all means, fire away, but he had been eliminated for months and was still lobbing missiles while Orange Man was assembling his orc army in Isengard.

Not sure why people defend this when it's really not defensible. Cult of personality I guess.

A lot of us learned about super delegates because Clinton hoped to use them in 2008 as the math started to look impossible for her.  I remember Clinton pushing the primary season way out after Obama had locked up the nomination. 

It was 12 years ago so the memory is pretty hazy, but I've never seen a comparison of the 2016 election to the 2008 that showed that Sanders was categorically more stubborn than Clinton in admitting defeat or threw bombs out later in the process.  Basically whenever Clinton supporters complain about the 2016 primary they sound like amnesiacs to me.

In 2008 I also recall voting for Hillary in the Ohio primary and then instantly regretting it as she just started to look like a spoiler.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #49510 on: January 21, 2020, 03:50:21 PM »
The important thing to remember about Clinton is that the only competitive election she has ever won in her entire life was against a 75 year old communist.

kingv

« Reply #49511 on: January 21, 2020, 03:53:27 PM »
Holy shit, she actually equated the Bernie/Warren armageddon with trump garbage:

Clinton said Sanders' conduct was part of a pattern.
"Then this argument about whether or not or when he did or didn't say that a woman couldn't be elected, it's part of a pattern," she told the THR. "If it were a one-off, you might say, 'OK, fine.' But he said I was unqualified. I had a lot more experience than he did, and got a lot more done than he had, but that was his attack on me.

She continued, "I just think people need to pay attention because we want, hopefully, to elect a president who's going to try to bring us together, and not either turn a blind eye, or actually reward the kind of insulting, attacking, demeaning, degrading behavior that we've seen from this current administration."

she really is abuelita that noone should listen to.

She’s so incredibly petty and sad.

Bernie campaigned more for her in the rust belt than she did for herself.

She is a shitty campaigner. For all of her good qualities, she is bad at actually running for election.

Himu

« Reply #49512 on: January 21, 2020, 04:14:22 PM »
"They are afraid to make a presentation of what they compiled"

The manager just gave a case for why they're doing this and used evidence while doing so.

It's like they're living in another world.

Destroy the two party system. It's the only way.

The two party system should be abolished. Partisanship for partisanships sake.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #49513 on: January 21, 2020, 04:15:04 PM »
A tale of three L's

Himu

« Reply #49514 on: January 21, 2020, 04:16:51 PM »
Good God can we stop talking about that witch woman?

The fact she opens her stupid mouth the day of the impeachment is typical Hillary Clinton.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49516 on: January 21, 2020, 04:17:37 PM »
hillary is the evilor of politic!  :lol

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #49517 on: January 21, 2020, 04:18:05 PM »
Only thing I like about her is that I saw her name misspelled as Clitnon on a news article once.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49518 on: January 21, 2020, 04:24:32 PM »
Hillary Clinton endorses Donald Trump for President

"Look I don't like Trump but I like Sanders less. We can't let Bernie win. He's a horrible person. I know that's how some people feel about Trump but at least he showed up at my wedding"
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #49519 on: January 21, 2020, 04:27:21 PM »
hillary worked harder to get trump elected than anyone else and all she had to do was be herself

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #49520 on: January 21, 2020, 04:36:42 PM »
I like schiff visually grilling everyone voting.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49521 on: January 21, 2020, 04:42:13 PM »
GOP closing the ranks.

No subpoena for the White House to provide documents.  :trumps
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #49522 on: January 21, 2020, 04:46:08 PM »
What's the argument now? Bernie turned a slam dunk election to a 50/50 election and nobody knew 2016?

If Clinton really thought she needed the Bernie voters, maybe she should have made peace and sought his endorsement earlier. There's this implication that Bernie voters would have only voted for Bernie. If that's true, then the obvious solution would have been to make Bernie part of the cabinet somewhere. Co-opt his movement, so to speak. If Clinton really thought she needed the Bernie bro vote, I guess.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49524 on: January 21, 2020, 04:54:35 PM »
:putin

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49525 on: January 21, 2020, 05:01:53 PM »
https://twitter.com/JaredHalpern/status/1219738704618643456

The optics of this trial say it all. The Democrats are sitting behind a table bewildered with mountains of documents as their screeching is ignored.
Meanwhile Team Trump has about 3 binders (probably with sharpie notes) and not even Mittens dares to vote with the Democrats to collect uhm evidence. 
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #49526 on: January 21, 2020, 05:05:28 PM »

The optics of this trial say it all. The Democrats are sitting behind a table bewildered with mountains of documents as their screeching is ignored.
Meanwhile Team Trump has about 3 binders (probably with sharpie notes) and not even Mittens dares to vote with the Democrats to collect uhm evidence.

:sheik

team filler

• filler
  • filler

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #49528 on: January 21, 2020, 05:25:33 PM »
It's gotta be some shit when your whole shtick for 3 years was arguing that your guy was cheated out of his rightful presidential nomination because Evil Pantsuit Woman controlled the DNC, and because he had no name recognition, and now, after the DNC has made every concession possible, and after their guy has more name recognition than just about anyone, dude still can't get within 6 points of a guy who talks about his leg hair.

Like hot damn, if he was really the people's choice who got cheated, wouldn't he be above 20% right now?

it's not an argument, just the facts. no-ones saying he was a lock if the dnc didn't work against him, but they were doing their best and breaking their charter, without breaking actual law, to make sure he wasn't going to be their man. scummy, un-democratic tactics.

Like hot damn, if he was really the people's choice who got cheated, wouldn't he be above 20% right now?

:lol this reads like a ben shapiro take  :brain
◕‿◕

team filler

• filler
  • filler

naff

« Reply #49530 on: January 21, 2020, 05:40:21 PM »
Probably an open secret to people working in the movie industry.

If you don't work in that industry, you're unlikely to follow that shit closely at all.

I don't work in that industry. I don't know anyone that has worked in that industry. I knew about Weinstein rumors going back to at least the early 00s, as well as Cosby rumors that had come up on podcasts multiple times years before Hannibal blew it up. You'd think someone who knew Weinstein for years, had dinners with him, and took money from him and his friends had probably heard some rumors at some point in the decades.

But then again Hillary also defends her sex offender husband and publicly attacks the women he's victimized so :yeshrug

i remember when hearing this why, if it was such an open secret peter biskind didn't pick up on it when researching for down and dirty pictures. sounds like it was floating around as a rumour, but it was still only a fairly privileged group that had any real details.
◕‿◕

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49531 on: January 21, 2020, 05:43:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/alec_sears/status/1219718298247553029

someone explain the picture to mandark  :lucille

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49532 on: January 21, 2020, 05:45:29 PM »

:sheik

Honestly it's just these Democrats moping over and over again for Republicans to do the right thing.
Akin to asking the Call of Duty boycott club not to buy Call of Duty.  :lol
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1219749744085553152

They should've had Bernie do the talking. His loud voice puts the fear of god into those Republicans. Drag them and wreck them.

Instead they all sign for Trump's 700+ billion space force+wall spending bill, make a 'deal' with Mitch to confirm all Trump's judges and then they try to remove Trump by demanding a testimony from John Bolton of all people.
And finally they act all bewildered and disappointed when the man who blocked Obama's supreme court nomination steamrolls their impeachment drive. 
:idont
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #49533 on: January 21, 2020, 05:46:37 PM »
"Open secret" generally mean people within an industry.   

The Clinton's are trash but people who turned out shit donating to them or doing charity causes with them is just a dumb guilt by association thing.
:hmm

i'll take my apology in the form of a like on this post, thanks in advance

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49534 on: January 21, 2020, 05:50:47 PM »
the dirty dems still love polanski  :mueller you expect them to care about uncle harvey  :kermit

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #49535 on: January 21, 2020, 05:51:41 PM »
case closed.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49536 on: January 21, 2020, 05:58:42 PM »
I live in LA, lived in Hollywood for a couple years, was dating a screenwriter, and lived with a production-assistant who became a producer, and I didn't hear anything about Weinstein until the year it came out.

I did hear about the Spacey allegations at a party a couple years earlier though. Singer too.

It's hit or miss, depends on who you know.

Anyway, who fucking cares. We are talking about, at best, a mid-level fundraiser for the Democratic Party. Not some power broker.

The Clintons are dignitaries of the highest level, with most probably dedicated staff and a security cadre, it's not exactly 1:1. However yes, it's possible they might have been oblivious... But the promiscuity of ruling and elite classes, their relative immunity from law enforcement, the bond of wealth and the courting of financial largesse above all else always rub people the wrong way.

And also, you know, Bill not being exactly exemplary on that front.

Possibly unfair ? I guess. But she sought the highest office in the land : if you can't take that heat stay out of etc...
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49537 on: January 21, 2020, 06:02:44 PM »
"Open secret" generally mean people within an industry.   

The Clinton's are trash but people who turned out shit donating to them or doing charity causes with them is just a dumb guilt by association thing.
:hmm

i'll take my apology in the form of a like on this post, thanks in advance

Well at least I researched my own statement proving myself wrong?
dadsplaining to yourself  :lawd

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #49538 on: January 21, 2020, 06:05:55 PM »
riotous sr would be proud

naff

« Reply #49539 on: January 21, 2020, 06:19:50 PM »
his face seems as if it not only looks but feels like a ball sack
◕‿◕

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #49540 on: January 21, 2020, 06:24:33 PM »
poor obama, hounded by racist birther accusations started by hillary clinton (national treasure) :'(

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49541 on: January 21, 2020, 06:29:17 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49542 on: January 21, 2020, 06:36:22 PM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #49543 on: January 21, 2020, 06:37:26 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Is this equally outrageous?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The actual answer is yes, in that in both cases there's no actual scandal. This is a distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed "controvery" ginned up in bad faith by internet babies who hope Bald Man will cancel their student loans.
[close]

Yes because Schumer is cropped out.  :hmph

Himu

« Reply #49544 on: January 21, 2020, 06:41:28 PM »
Omfg please shut the fuck up about Hillary and her 70 year old fat pussy cheeks

IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49545 on: January 21, 2020, 06:42:57 PM »
Omfg please shut the fuck up about Hillary and her 70 year old fat pussy cheeks

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #49546 on: January 21, 2020, 06:49:26 PM »
OMG nobody cares about your decrepit centrist trash cunt hero here or anywhere else hence her having fuck all for a turnout last time. :doge
Hi

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #49547 on: January 21, 2020, 06:55:49 PM »
No Doctor Evil, but calling someone who raised one million troops (wow) dollars a mid-level fundraiser is just wild. My nonprofit clients would kill for that kind of Replacement Player tier personnel.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49548 on: January 21, 2020, 07:02:07 PM »

lmao I got tricked by a Sanders parody account, since when do those exist

To make up for it, here is Hillary Clinton calling Kevin Spacey to have him sign Bill's birthday card
https://twitter.com/Spocks_Brian/status/1219676029914157056
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #49550 on: January 21, 2020, 07:09:25 PM »
wait, hillary knew epstein?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49551 on: January 21, 2020, 07:15:24 PM »

if you don't support me you're a huge piece of shit!  ::)

my rapist husband and his pals are just misunderstood and din du nuffin!  :trumps

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: US Politics Thread |OT| Hillary Clinton revanchists at it again
« Reply #49552 on: January 21, 2020, 07:16:47 PM »
Are we just going to sit here and ignore that Glen tried to claim some kind of inside knowledge because he payed for a prostitute in LA?
:O

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #49553 on: January 21, 2020, 07:17:07 PM »
benji sales competitor

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #49554 on: January 21, 2020, 07:28:02 PM »
The most popular, well-liked politician in the country down by double digits against the vice president to the Drone Striker in Chief who may also be in the early stages of dementia  :neogaf

The most popular, well-liked politician in the country getting blown the fuck out against someone who took bags of money from Weinstein and who is still married to Bill Clinton  :heh

The most popular, well-liked politician in the country in essentially a statistical tie against someone who took a blood test to ultimately establish she was 1/1024th Native American  :dead

The maddest hoe in the room, ladies and gentlemen :lol nothing if not consistent, my friend

naff

« Reply #49555 on: January 21, 2020, 07:43:39 PM »
◕‿◕

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49556 on: January 21, 2020, 07:46:14 PM »
Are we just going to sit here and ignore that Glen tried to claim some kind of inside knowledge because he payed for a prostitute in LA?

I have never paid for a prostitute, and if I had, at least she would have been of age.
you and your abuela need to #growup

https://twitter.com/WMUR9/status/1219761641706926082

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #49557 on: January 21, 2020, 07:49:22 PM »
Everyone stopped caring about cruz and walking away when Koblachur came in to the hall. :rofl

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #49558 on: January 21, 2020, 07:50:24 PM »
glenda is the heel the bernouts need

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #49559 on: January 21, 2020, 08:12:03 PM »

I have never paid for a prostitute, and if I had, at least she would have been of age.

Anyone who would have sex with you would have sex with me for $5
:O