Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5454321 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Bring Obama Back Already #boba
« Reply #10980 on: November 15, 2017, 09:56:46 AM »
Remember guys, etoilet doesn't want to believe the country's intelligence agencies, but found Sean Hannity and Kim.com to be credible sources of information during the Seth Rich "investigation."

There are only three possible explanations for etoilet's behavior, in increasing order of likelihood:

1) he's a troll
2) he's an idiot
3) a combo of both

If you engage, I would recommend not doing so as if you're engaging with someone making a good faith effort to argue things that have happened/are happening in this reality. Mocking is the proper treatment.
yar

kingv

« Reply #10981 on: November 15, 2017, 10:05:18 AM »
I read g2 space as well as some of the various VIPS rebuttals and basically the only thing I can agree on is that the metadata alone does not prove that the hack was Russian. And that’s it. It doesn’t disprove anything, nor prove anything about an internal compromise.

But there a lot of other data that says Russia was involved. We know that there was a sustained phishing attack on the dnc and the Hillary Clinton campaign. We know that Papadopoulos said that he had been offered Hillary’s emails by the “Russian professor”. We know that Veselnitskya offered some kind of intelligence information on Hillary Clinton.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10982 on: November 15, 2017, 10:10:12 AM »

:dead :dead :dead :jared
©@©™

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #10983 on: November 15, 2017, 10:17:25 AM »
Remember guys, etoilet doesn't want to believe the country's intelligence agencies, but found Sean Hannity and Kim.com to be credible sources of information during the Seth Rich "investigation."

There are only three possible explanations for etoilet's behavior, in increasing order of likelihood:

1) he's a troll
2) he's an idiot
3) a combo of both

If you engage, I would recommend not doing so as if you're engaging with someone making a good faith effort to argue things that have happened/are happening in this reality. Mocking is the proper treatment.

On one hand etiolate's "sources" are fucking distinguished mentally-challenged, on the other liberals being so eager to believe intelligence agencies shows how gullible and pro-status quo they are. Intelligence agencies didn't have a problem lying to the American people to start wars that killed hundreds of thousands of people, but sure, let's believe them now because they definitely don't have an agenda and would definitely not lie to you.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #10984 on: November 15, 2017, 10:20:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/930815626460921856

When will #FakeMedia report on this foreign trip #win?
©@©™

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #10985 on: November 15, 2017, 11:04:41 AM »
It was a real HOME RUN! #MAGA #lockherup #ripsethrich
rub

etiolate

« Reply #10986 on: November 15, 2017, 11:08:24 AM »
The NSA has lied to the American people before and there was no real consequence for it. They were still violating the constitution up to a year or two ago, got caught again and then dragged out 'corrections'.  So, no, I don't have an issue thinking the NSA or CIA (considering the history of both) would lie to the populace.

You default to tinfoil hat cartoon characters because you keep making the same mistake. You were wrong on the Hilary emails. Didn't self correct. You were wrong about the FBI. Didn't self-correct. You were wrong about the NSA. Still don't look at why you keep getting things wrong. You expect this information to come from a NYT or a WaPo? Those news sources don't do this sort of stuff. They live in a symbiotic relationship with these government agencies. The WaPo is a CIA copywriter. There's not a lot of real investigative journalists left. Several of the major news sits kept repeating the 17 intel agencies myth. Took "questionable" sources to call them out and have any of them correct it. Still some of them repeat the claim. A twitter rant conspiracy from a journalist posted here did it like last week.

Seriously, :lol if you think the characterization of me here is in anyway real.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #10987 on: November 15, 2017, 11:29:04 AM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/11/15/north-korea-trumps-asia-visit-he-deserves-death/865390001/

Turns out Impeachment is unnecessary, DPRK has already sentenced Donald Trump to death. #MKGA
©@©™

agrajag

« Reply #10988 on: November 15, 2017, 11:30:18 AM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/11/15/north-korea-trumps-asia-visit-he-deserves-death/865390001/

Turns out Impeachment is unnecessary, DPRK has already sentenced Donald Trump to death. #MKGA

Why is the short, fat rocketman acting up, Trump just wants to be his friend

:trumps

Nola

« Reply #10989 on: November 15, 2017, 11:37:02 AM »

1) he's a troll
2) he's an idiot
3) a combo of both

On one hand etiolate's "sources" are fucking distinguished mentally-challenged, on the other liberals being so eager to believe intelligence agencies shows how gullible and pro-status quo they are. Intelligence agencies didn't have a problem lying to the American people to start wars that killed hundreds of thousands of people, but sure, let's believe them now because they definitely don't have an agenda and would definitely not lie to you.

So what alternative explanation do you offer up and what is the evidence for it? Because setting aside vague insinuations to be skeptical of the intelligence community, which I think skepticism is pretty innate with anyone on this forum, the evidence is pretty overwhelming with the finger pointing in the same direction. Which fits the profile of what other countries have seen and Russia’s own infrastructure and statements by people that work for these Russian agencies.

Etoilet backed himself into a corner by latching onto Seth Rich and now feeling the need to defend the underlying premise to save face. No need for everyone else to start buying into faux computer experts on a conspiracy site deriving entire arguments from weak assumptions from speedtest data.

kingv

« Reply #10990 on: November 15, 2017, 11:42:34 AM »
The NSA has lied to the American people before and there was no real consequence for it. They were still violating the constitution up to a year or two ago, got caught again and then dragged out 'corrections'.  So, no, I don't have an issue thinking the NSA or CIA (considering the history of both) would lie to the populace.

You default to tinfoil hat cartoon characters because you keep making the same mistake. You were wrong on the Hilary emails. Didn't self correct. You were wrong about the FBI. Didn't self-correct. You were wrong about the NSA. Still don't look at why you keep getting things wrong. You expect this information to come from a NYT or a WaPo? Those news sources don't do this sort of stuff. They live in a symbiotic relationship with these government agencies. The WaPo is a CIA copywriter. There's not a lot of real investigative journalists left. Several of the major news sits kept repeating the 17 intel agencies myth. Took "questionable" sources to call them out and have any of them correct it. Still some of them repeat the claim. A twitter rant conspiracy from a journalist posted here did it like last week.

Are you talking to me? Yes, I was wrong on some ancillary minutia. None of which actually proves any part of your assertion.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

agrajag

« Reply #10992 on: November 15, 2017, 12:12:08 PM »
Hillary should be impeached from having her freedom #lockherup #MAGA

agrajag

« Reply #10993 on: November 15, 2017, 12:19:24 PM »
Benji please add your avatar back

benjipwns

« Reply #10994 on: November 15, 2017, 12:38:23 PM »
i did a few days ago? my version has always been cropped in on the chairman and his new synthesis works

as a result sometimes i've misidentified him as Generalissimo Meow in the past

Generalissimo Meow can be seen originally named "Chairman Meow" in pre-release trailers for Risk: Factions. 
:ohhh

etiolate

« Reply #10995 on: November 15, 2017, 12:49:57 PM »

Are you talking to me? Yes, I was wrong on some ancillary minutia. None of which actually proves any part of your assertion.

You were wrong on those things because you assumed what you've been told is true and you've been lead to think certain ways. My point is to stop placing all this faith in authorities who have lied in the past and start looking for real evidence and data. You said there was other data that said it was Russia? Where? What data? At least the people I link to show their evidence for their findings so I can figure it out for myself. The NSA does not.

agrajag

« Reply #10996 on: November 15, 2017, 12:53:49 PM »
wtf, how did I not notice. I think my brain is fucked

Optimus

« Reply #10997 on: November 15, 2017, 01:48:11 PM »

1) he's a troll
2) he's an idiot
3) a combo of both

So what alternative explanation do you offer up and what is the evidence for it? Because setting aside vague insinuations to be skeptical of the intelligence community, which I think skepticism is pretty innate with anyone on this forum, the evidence is pretty overwhelming with the finger pointing in the same direction. Which fits the profile of what other countries have seen and Russia’s own infrastructure and statements by people that work for these Russian agencies.

Etoilet backed himself into a corner by latching onto Seth Rich and now feeling the need to defend the underlying premise to save face. No need for everyone else to start buying into faux computer experts on a conspiracy site deriving entire arguments from weak assumptions from speedtest data.

I don't have to offer "alternative explanations", I just don't believe these psychopathic scumbags about anything they "leak". When there's real hard evidence that they make public and not six degrees of Kevin Bacon I'll believe them. Liberals have been parroting corporate media and these intelligence community "leaks" for months now and still, you have nothing to show for it. You people make conservatives look like fucking rebels with all that status quo shilling.

And let me make these insinuations less vague. The intelligence community orchestrated a a huge lie about Saddam Hussein having nuclear weapons to start a war that killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. The intelligence community and the American government purposely and methodically hid connections of the 9/11 attacks with the Saudi scum and blamed it on the Taliban to start another pointless war. These are war criminals and fear-mongers so shame to anyone who takes them seriously.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #10998 on: November 15, 2017, 01:54:25 PM »
Why "leaks" with quotes around it?

Optimus

« Reply #10999 on: November 15, 2017, 02:28:43 PM »
Why "leaks" with quotes around it?

Because a leak is something that happens when an individual or a small group of individuals in a large organization risk everything to reveal important info to the public that the specific organization wanted to keep hidden, not when these large organizations reveal info to their corporate media buddies that may or may not be true to push their own agendas.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:41:18 PM by Optimus »

Valhelm

« Reply #11000 on: November 15, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »
Allison Ikley-Freeman's win in a deep-red Oklahoma district is further proof that grassroots campaigning is much more important than expensive data modeling and DC wonkery.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #11001 on: November 15, 2017, 02:43:09 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/930815626460921856

When will #FakeMedia report on this foreign trip #win?
Well thank god he's paying attention to the important things.
que

benjipwns

« Reply #11002 on: November 15, 2017, 02:57:05 PM »
And let me make these insinuations less vague. The intelligence community orchestrated a a huge lie about Saddam Hussein having nuclear weapons to start a war that killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. The intelligence community and the American government purposely and methodically hid connections of the 9/11 attacks with the Saudi scum and blamed it on the Taliban to start another pointless war. These are war criminals and fear-mongers so shame to anyone who takes them seriously.
I think we should be historically accurate here especially with things we've lived through. The intelligence community writ large did not push anything about Saddam having nuclear weapons or blaming the 9/11 attacks on the Taliban. The Bush Administration did not even go that far with Saddam, instead they did everything they could to create that impression without making the exact claim because for one, the intelligence community and their allies were already pushing back against such a claim and were trying to erode even the lower tier WMD claims.

The Taliban were not, to my knowledge, ever blamed directly for 9/11 by any American officials of importance. They were accused of cooperating with and protecting al Qaeda, specifically bin Laden himself. They were also essentially given an ultimatum they could not comply with simply for the show of diplomacy that went much like the Austrian-Hungarian equivalent to Serbia. This relationship wasn't untrue, and was known prior to 9/11, al Qaeda was helping prop up The Taliban as well. There wasn't any need to fake or lie about any of this, it was public knowledge. The Saudi "misdirection" is arguably far less egregious (especially considering they were at war with al Qaeda) than the longer term Pakistan one.

We can point much more easily to things regarding the intelligence communities willingness to lie for nonsensical institutional reasons by looking at James Clapper's repeated perjury to the U.S. Senate regarding something (Snowden's NSA leaks) that was already public knowledge and the entire reason he was being questioned. We don't need to invent elaborate conspiracies that run counter to historical facts when they do it willingly and openly.

Because a leak is something that happens when an individual or a small group of individuals in a large organization risk everything to reveal important info to the public that the specific organization wanted to keep hidden, not when these large organizations reveal info to their corporate media buddies that may or may not be true to push their own agendas.
A leak is simply when information gets out against the "leaked from" organization's desire. E3 leaks are still leaks, even though nobody has "risked everything to reveal important info to the public" and sometimes those are even planted stories, even by competitors. I remember Steve Race when he was at Sony infamously revealed Sega's upcoming price drop they were going to announce at E3 offhand during an interview to somebody the week before. I want to say he did the same thing about the Saturn's early US release, like the night before Sega's E3 press conference.

Optimus

« Reply #11003 on: November 15, 2017, 03:16:20 PM »
I think we should be historically accurate here especially with things we've lived through. The intelligence community writ large did not push anything about Saddam having nuclear weapons or blaming the 9/11 attacks on the Taliban. The Bush Administration did not even go that far with Saddam, instead they did everything they could to create that impression without making the exact claim because for one, the intelligence community and their allies were already pushing back against such a claim and were trying to erode even the lower tier WMD claims.

The Taliban were not, to my knowledge, ever blamed directly for 9/11 by any American officials of importance. They were accused of cooperating with and protecting al Qaeda, specifically bin Laden himself. They were also essentially given an ultimatum they could not comply with simply for the show of diplomacy that went much like the Austrian-Hungarian equivalent to Serbia. This relationship wasn't untrue, and was known prior to 9/11, al Qaeda was helping prop up The Taliban as well. There wasn't any need to fake or lie about any of this, it was public knowledge. The Saudi "misdirection" is arguably far less egregious (especially considering they were at war with al Qaeda) than the longer term Pakistan one.

We can point much more easily to things regarding the intelligence communities willingness to lie for nonsensical institutional reasons by looking at James Clapper's repeated perjury to the U.S. Senate regarding something (Snowden's NSA leaks) that was already public knowledge and the entire reason he was being questioned. We don't need to invent elaborate conspiracies that run counter to historical facts when they do it willingly and openly.

The intelligence community in collaboration with the Bush admin did what they're doing now, "leak" stuff to their corporate media buddies that then spoonfed them to the public. I really don't care that it wasn't a "commit perjury" type of situation, it's still a huge lie that started a war and cost people their lives.

A leak is simply when information gets out against the "leaked from" organization's desire. E3 leaks are still leaks, even though nobody has "risked everything to reveal important info to the public" and sometimes those are even planted stories, even by competitors. I remember Steve Race when he was at Sony infamously revealed Sega's upcoming price drop they were going to announce at E3 offhand during an interview to somebody the week before. I want to say he did the same thing about the Saturn's early US release, like the night before Sega's E3 press conference.

OK, but why are you assuming that these "leaks" are against the intelligence community's desire? If they are the intelligence community sure has a peculiar way of showing how upset they are this time, last time this happened they forced Snowden to hide in Russia. I wonder why there isn't a manhunt for the leakers this time around....

Also, when you break an NDA you risk losing your job even in the videogames industry.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11004 on: November 15, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »
Do you mind if I ask you how old you are/around what time you became politically engaged?

benjipwns

« Reply #11005 on: November 15, 2017, 03:26:38 PM »
Do you mind if I ask you how old you are/around what time you became politically engaged?
Canonically or...

benjipwns

« Reply #11006 on: November 15, 2017, 03:37:07 PM »
Also, when you break an NDA you risk losing your job even in the videogames industry.
Yeah, you risk losing your job. With a toy company.

Chelsea Manning got off amazingly lightly because she was in the spotlight and her treatment alone is still reason enough for Snowden to not come back. Probably especially because he was only a contractor. If you're assuming a malevolent federal government, they have no interest in providing due process for Snowden. The military had its turf to protect as a counterweight in Manning's case which probably worked to her advantage.

Optimus

« Reply #11007 on: November 15, 2017, 03:47:29 PM »
Yeah, you risk losing your job. With a toy company.

Chelsea Manning got off amazingly lightly because she was in the spotlight and her treatment alone is still reason enough for Snowden to not come back. Probably especially because he was only a contractor. If you're assuming a malevolent federal government, they have no interest in providing due process for Snowden. The military had its turf to protect as a counterweight in Manning's case which probably worked to her advantage.

I agree with everything you said. My point though is that these aren't actual leaks, it's info the intelligence community deliberately feeds to corporate media and nothing more. Info we don't even know if true given how many times they've lied before the exact same way.

etiolate

« Reply #11008 on: November 15, 2017, 03:50:41 PM »
So more sanctions and blockage of money into NK, but I doubt China stops funding them.

:lol I need a gif of him drinking the water bottle

Valhelm

« Reply #11009 on: November 15, 2017, 04:01:31 PM »
I unironically think Trump and Xi should meet with Kim Jong-un. That would probably be enough to make Trump de-escalate.

benjipwns

« Reply #11010 on: November 15, 2017, 04:03:21 PM »
Why is Trump not using Plenipotentiary Rodman more?

benjipwns

« Reply #11011 on: November 15, 2017, 04:47:28 PM »
Matthew Yglesias chasing that Alt-Reich money, throws entire Democratic Party and all women to ever live under the bus: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/11/15/16634776/clinton-lewinsky-resigned
Bill Clinton should have resigned

What he did to Monica Lewinsky was wrong, and he should have paid the price.
In Clinton’s case, of course, part of the endgame is that a few months after his acquittal on impeachment charges, his wife launched her first Senate campaign. Once Hillary Clinton threw her hat into the ring, she immediately became America’s presumptive first woman president, creating a kind of reputational vortex that shielded her husband’s behavior from scrutiny. Attacking Bill was, by extension, an attack on Hillary — an attack that most people in leading positions in American progressive politics had no desire to make.

But now that Hillary is out of electoral politics and has emerged as a bigger draw and more potent political force than her husband, there’s no excuse for Democrats not to look back on these events with more objectivity.
awaiting Verrit's debunking of this latest media hit piece on Hillary Clinton's 2020 campaign

benjipwns

« Reply #11012 on: November 15, 2017, 04:50:44 PM »

:rofl

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #11013 on: November 15, 2017, 05:23:48 PM »

:rofl

Jesus gods they're using the ephebophile excuse.

"In other countries..." "Ally has been in other countries." What in gods name?

Why not say she's a 1000 year old dragon?
rub

agrajag

« Reply #11014 on: November 15, 2017, 05:25:19 PM »
that guy reminds me of a really dumb cartoon character but I can't quite put my finger on it

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11015 on: November 15, 2017, 05:31:19 PM »
Looks like things are turning around for Roy Moore. The latest woman to come forward was 28 when he groped her.

edit: "According to Johnson, he asked questions about her young daughters, including what color eyes they had and if they were as pretty as she was." Never mind!

agrajag

« Reply #11016 on: November 15, 2017, 05:34:22 PM »
what, this guy is also a minister

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #11017 on: November 15, 2017, 06:04:16 PM »
Hey, you look like a dirty foreigner-I mean have a diverse background! I'll bet you've got a few child brides back in your exotic home land of Canada? Well here in United States of Alabama of America, we don't cotton to your disgusting foreign ways. Here in America, we ask her mom's permission before sexing her up, you pervert! IF we had sex with them, which we most certainly didn't. But if we did, we would have asked.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #11019 on: November 15, 2017, 06:49:37 PM »
'this mix up could have cost lives'  :dead 

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #11020 on: November 15, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »
Only thing the DPD are good at is murdering strippers and hiding the evidence.

:kwame:

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11022 on: November 15, 2017, 09:13:21 PM »
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/930607056943378432

I actually shouted "FUCK YOU!" at my monitor when Sessions claimed he didn't understand the inference. Sadly, in 2017 there are 5-year-olds who can clearly make that connection, you fucking disingenuous hick.

(Image removed from quote.)

Second diagram needs 45º angle to be a Nazi swastika - Colbert is implying a buddhist conspiracy.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #11024 on: November 15, 2017, 10:31:50 PM »
what, this guy is also a minister

Apparently he's a personal injury lawyer and went to a law school that's not currently accredited by the ABA.

He also got his license suspended for ambulance-chasing in 2014. He appealed the decision to the AL supreme court but lost unanimously.

That means that ROY MOORE VOTED TO UPHOLD THE SUSPENSION OF HIS OWN LAWYER.

zomgee

• We've *all*
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Okay friend let me explain something...
« Reply #11025 on: November 15, 2017, 10:39:30 PM »
So now the story is that the signature in the yearbook is a forgery based on a signature from Ms. Nelson's divorce papers.

And he wasn't a D.A. at the time of the yearbook signing. He was deputy D.A.

And his assistant was Delver Adams at the time of Nelson's divorce.

So, therefore it was a photocopy of his signature from her divorce proceedings, signed Roy Moore, D.A.  in which her divorce papers were actually signed by Delver, so those are Delver's initials.

Except

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevennelson10/status/930921991951081472

But.... I'd say this is enough to get him elected.

Just based on precedence.

Because I mean how've you SEEN those videos of Joe Biden?! How he touches those kids? HE is the one we should be going after am I right?
rub

agrajag

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| Okay friend let me explain something...
« Reply #11026 on: November 15, 2017, 10:46:02 PM »
#lockhimup (Joe Biden)

Boredfrom

« Reply #11028 on: November 16, 2017, 12:24:23 AM »

Maki is the only one that is by Roy Moore age range.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11029 on: November 16, 2017, 12:40:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/MooreSenate/status/930947969012158464

THE STATEMENT

That is some straight up, partisan, Capulet vs. Montague bullshit. Homeboy is calling on his family to defend ALL their honor, even when it's clear Tybalt has brought this fucking shit on himself.

« Reply #11030 on: November 16, 2017, 12:41:18 AM »
He called the school to creep on her.

:kobeyuck :dayum :donot :hhh

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #11031 on: November 16, 2017, 03:35:34 AM »
https://twitter.com/MooreSenate/status/930947969012158464

THE STATEMENT

That is some straight up, partisan, Capulet vs. Montague bullshit. Homeboy is calling on his family to defend ALL their honor, even when it's clear Tybalt has brought this fucking shit on himself.
A plague on both their houses!
que

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11033 on: November 16, 2017, 04:22:21 AM »
Then who are the star-crossed lovers?
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #11034 on: November 16, 2017, 06:19:25 AM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-secret-correspondence-between-donald-trump-jr-and-wikileaks/545738/

Anyway, this shit is why I say fuck Glenn Greenwald like a Brazilian dick.

He’s been carrying water for this crook for like 5 or 6 years. While he is much better at muddying the water than other talking heads, I now understand thst he he is so consumed with his ‘Amerikkka is evil’ narrative that that will always take precedence over any other competing narrative.

I’m pretty sure he’s just still upset that gay marriage wasn’t legal in 2007 and his husband got deported and he had to move to a third world country.

Edit2: mark my words the intercept will lead with some trash about how this really wasn’t all that bad within like a week... or ignore it completely.
https://theintercept.com/2017/11/15/wikileaks-julian-assange-donald-trump-jr-hillary-clinton/

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #11035 on: November 16, 2017, 08:26:37 AM »
Then who are the star-crossed lovers?
Bannon and McConnell McTurtleface.

Optimus

« Reply #11036 on: November 16, 2017, 08:29:05 AM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-secret-correspondence-between-donald-trump-jr-and-wikileaks/545738/

He’s been carrying water for this crook for like 5 or 6 years. While he is much better at muddying the water than other talking heads, I now understand thst he he is so consumed with his ‘Amerikkka is evil’ narrative that that will always take precedence over any other competing narrative.

I’m pretty sure he’s just still upset that gay marriage wasn’t legal in 2007 and his husband got deported and he had to move to a third world country.

Edit2: mark my words the intercept will lead with some trash about how this really wasn’t all that bad within like a week... or ignore it completely.

Assange isn't a crook, he's an admitted chaos agent. If you watched any of his interviews and lectures it's clear that he believes that capitalism must be "aided" to eat itself faster by any means necessary. I don't have it past him to directly collaborate with the Russian government either. What he wants is to turn capitalism and its institutions against themselves, aside from the fact that he has a personal vendetta against Clinton he correctly considered her far more dangerous to his plans than Trump because she represents neoliberal stability just like Obama before her. Sure the capitalist economy would be "stable" but the working class would slowly continue losing its rights, jobs, salaries, pensions, social safety net and so on just like it happened with Obama while neoliberalism would continue getting stronger. On the other hand Trump the buffoon represents neoliberal chaos, incompetence and decay, the working class will be screwed even further but it will serve Assange's plan of sabotaging capitalism.

Tbh I don't completely disagree with his methods, capitalism has overstayed its welcome and is now finishing off the planet, half measures like the Paris agreement won't do shit unless we get rid off the root of the problem, a system that only survives when there's growth, a growth that can only sustain itself by turning humanity into the virus of the planet (and yes I know it's a Matrix reference, couldn't find a better metaphor). Then again I don't agree with them either because he' playing a very dangerous game.

kingv

« Reply #11037 on: November 16, 2017, 09:59:55 AM »

https://theintercept.com/2017/11/15/wikileaks-julian-assange-donald-trump-jr-hillary-clinton/

Glenn must not have too much editorial control over the site, since he was quick to carry water for Assange on Twitter.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #11038 on: November 16, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »
Al Franken :noooo

Keep heroes in 2017, brehs
yar

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub