Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5557354 times)

etiolate

Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| It's Bolton time!!
« Reply #16680 on: April 05, 2018, 05:00:18 PM »
I only check your posts when you're making a ton and it's obvious that it's probably you begging for my attention. If you were at all interesting then you wouldn't be on ignore. I put you on ignore thinking that the silence would put you out of your misery but unfortunately you've gone even further towards obsession.

So please jsut explain what the fuck you're talking about here:  "how Seth Rich got part of the hacked DNC emails to Russia in early 2016, such as a professor representing the Russian government in spring of 2016 could entice Papadopoulos with their existence and eventually set up a meeting in Trump Tower with additional Kremlin representatives to discuss their efforts and coordinating them?"

Because if Rich leaked, then he probably did so to a Wiki ally or via a dropbox of some sort that a wiki member had access to. So I don't know what that sentence is even about. I guess you need to lay out your corkboard on this one.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #16681 on: April 05, 2018, 05:20:06 PM »
You still think that the Fox story's going to be vindicated?

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #16682 on: April 05, 2018, 05:21:25 PM »
Seriously, please refer to: http://g-2.space/

Before you post dumb shit like that again.  Read the timeline.
Can't click this at work, will peep later. But just to be clear, who does it claim the source was?

kingv

« Reply #16683 on: April 05, 2018, 05:30:22 PM »
I can sum up the website for you:

1) download speeds in Russia are not fast enough to hack
2) sometimes guccifer 2.0 posted when it was daytime in the US, so he must be living here.

It sort of ignores the fact that the intelligence agencies actually know his name and have identified him as a Russian agent based off him forgetting to turn on his VPN.

Note that the “Forensicator” has never actually addressed that part at all and hasn’t posted shit since that news dropped.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #16684 on: April 05, 2018, 05:44:07 PM »
Is there a reason you assume any crime would have to be a Rube Goldberg machine?

I don't assume that at all.

I've questioned the competence of the Trump campaign to run a three year long international conspiracy on the grandest stage with zero details of the prestige dropping out.

QED
Is there a reason you assume an international conspiracy has to be some kind of Rube Goldberg machine?!? Especially one run by the Trump campaign?

benjipwns

« Reply #16685 on: April 05, 2018, 05:45:49 PM »
Sean Hannity is arguing against a guy talking about the slippery slope of hate speech by bringing up the Anarchist Cookbook over and over. "Should we do nothing about that? Especially when it's out there and antifa and these other wackos are all using it? It tells you how to build bombs and other weapons!!" :doge

edit: now he's complaining that Wikipedia allows people to post fake news about him without any kind of regulation
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 05:50:26 PM by benjipwns »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #16686 on: April 05, 2018, 05:48:54 PM »
"It would be way too complicated for these guys to pull off and also how dare you say I said it was complicated!"

benjipwns

« Reply #16687 on: April 05, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »
Okay, we get it. You think the Trump campaign was full of international masterminds who have hoodwinked all our heroes in the intelligence agencies with one simple trick THEY don't want us to know about.

And I get called the Trump defender for having a beef with Mueller. :trumps

etiolate

« Reply #16688 on: April 05, 2018, 06:02:11 PM »
Seriously, please refer to: http://g-2.space/

Before you post dumb shit like that again.  Read the timeline.
Can't click this at work, will peep later. But just to be clear, who does it claim the source was?

It's a timeline. Basically, Assange said he had new documents on Clinton. After that, DNC says there was tampering. They mention Trump Opp Research as possibly being taken. After that, Guccifer 2 appears. Gucc eventually drops a handful of Trump Opp Research. G2 begin talking to journalists, making lots of contacts and then claiming to send things to Wikileaks. Wikileaks finally drops what they mentioned on June 12th, but it's not Trump Opp Research. It's the DNC leaks. After Rich's murder, Assange mentions the killing and how dangerous it is for their sources. Gucc claims to have more stuff, but its public info. They then claim to have one more drop that never appears. Wiki never mentions Guccifer as a source. They make one reference to Guccifer's own link and put the word hacker in scare quotes in reference to him.

Basically, G2 only shows up after a narrative is started after Assange reveals he has Clinton docs. However, the docs released were not the ones Guccifer 2 was peddling. The BuzzFeed article you linked also conflates Guccifer's leaks, the DNC leaks and the Podesta leak. All three could have different sources. The article only conflates them to fit it all into a narrative.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #16689 on: April 05, 2018, 06:07:46 PM »
etoilet a page ago "LOL look at these nutty daddy government trusting libs and their russia conspiracy theories LOL"
etoilet this page "yes of course i still believe Seth Rich was murdered. here is some very compelling evidence from some random conspiracy theorist nobgobbler"

etiolate

« Reply #16690 on: April 05, 2018, 06:13:48 PM »
Rich was murdered. The debate was whether he leaked the DNC emails or not. There is no debate that he was murdered.

I mean he didn't back into the bullet fired at him.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #16691 on: April 05, 2018, 06:14:50 PM »
You know what i fuckin meant you jerkoff

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #16692 on: April 05, 2018, 06:17:46 PM »
You think the FBI found the DNC emails on Rich's computer and produced a report to that effect?

Nola

« Reply #16693 on: April 05, 2018, 06:25:27 PM »
I only check your posts when you're making a ton and it's obvious that it's probably you begging for my attention. If you were at all interesting then you wouldn't be on ignore. I put you on ignore thinking that the silence would put you out of your misery but unfortunately you've gone even further towards obsession.

So please jsut explain what the fuck you're talking about here:  "how Seth Rich got part of the hacked DNC emails to Russia in early 2016, such as a professor representing the Russian government in spring of 2016 could entice Papadopoulos with their existence and eventually set up a meeting in Trump Tower with additional Kremlin representatives to discuss their efforts and coordinating them?"

Because if Rich leaked, then he probably did so to a Wiki ally or via a dropbox of some sort that a wiki member had access to. So I don't know what that sentence is even about. I guess you need to lay out your corkboard on this one.
Your incredible obstinance and illusions of grandeur continue to be your more endearing qualities around here.

I'll spoil because its another TLDR post, but I'll make the good faith case(can't help a little snark though), if you can manage to make the good faith case back:

spoiler (click to show/hide)

My sentence refers to the timeline of the hacks that are in the public record. I hadn't realized you were unfamiliar with the context of this story outside of the Seth Rich angle. Honest mistake.

But to go into another long meandering post to break it down, the timeline does not align with any narrative where Seth Rich can adequately explain the events that transpire. Not in my mind anyways. Which is where you come in... That was the snarky point being directed at you. This isn't corkboard crackpottery, it's just basic common sense and logic.

If Seth Rich is the leaker, from a one time grab after May(since that is the last date on the emails), how does Russia come into possession of them in such a capacity that they are having meetings with Don Jr. less than a month later premised on these emails? Before they are ever leaked on Wikileaks? More importantly, how is it a professor with ties to the Kremlin is propositioning Papadopoulos in early 2016 about the Russian government possessing hacked emails? All well before any Seth Rich timeline has him heisting those emails out of the building on his laptop.

So to clarify:

- Early 2014, as revealed in Mueller indictments, the initial groundwork for the hacking campaign was being laid by the Internet Research Company.

- Late 2015, FBI alerts the DNC that at least one computer is compromised by hackers of Russian origin.

- A month later, FBI again informs DNC that their systems have been compromised by hackers of Russian origin.

- Early 2016, Papadoupoulos is contacted by an agent of Kremlin where he is propositioned about having access to emails damaging to the Hillary campaign. Inferring the Russian government has attained hacked documents.

- March 2016, Podesta's password is phished by Russian hackers.

- Late May, the earliest possible date Seth Rich could of conceivably stolen these emails based on the final dates contained within. *Notice all the stuff that has already happened around hacked Democratic emails prior.

- June 3rd, Rob Goldsone contacts Don Jr. about having damaging emails and material about the Hillary campaign. Setting up a meeting to discuss establishing a working relationship and coordination of their dispersal.

- Late June the first DNC leaks are dropped on Wikileaks. Followed by more in July. Podesta's emails would go on to be released in October.

So maybe you can square it for me, but how in the heck does Russia have knowledge and possession of hacked DNC emails as far back as early 2016? How is Don Jr. having meetings, by all indications, premised around these documents that Julian Assange supposedly attained without any coordination with Russia through Gucifer? Who also is asserted to have had no relations? Sorry, but it just doesn't add up Et.

At best you would have to concede someone, Assange and/or Gucifer, is flat out lying(shocking, I know), and they immediately passed off these hacks to the Russians. Which makes them unreliable sources(duh). The more likely scenario though, is that the operation was ongoing and the Russian's had been propositioning this shit and working on it for well over a year. And based on evidence today and a short while ago(the conversations leaked and story about the VPN of Gucifer accidentally not being turned on), Wikileaks was well aware of the origins and they weren't American. And that Seth Rich never had anything to do with this. He was just a lowly staffer that was unfortunately murdered at a convenient time for opportunistic conspiracy theorists and far too eager "free thinkers" to latch onto.

But by all means, try and square it for me.
[close]

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #16694 on: April 05, 2018, 06:27:52 PM »
Okay, we get it. You think the Trump campaign was full of international masterminds who have hoodwinked all our heroes in the intelligence agencies with one simple trick THEY don't want us to know about.

There's a massive investigation with a special prosecutor and a team of 17 lawyers. No one is suggesting they hoodwinked anyone. And the question of "DID THE RUSSIANS WIN THE ELECTION FOR TRUMP?????"is quite different than did the Trump campaign have inappropriate connections with the Russians and did those rise to the level of a prosecutable offense.
vin

etiolate

« Reply #16695 on: April 05, 2018, 06:31:39 PM »
Hersh said his FBI contact claimed they had found email contact with wikileaks on Rich's computer.

I think most people want an independent review with transparency of the "dnc hack" and an actual Rich investigation.

One of the more depressing parts of this is that we've been through these tricks before with both the whitewater investigation and the iraq war, but apparently most people do not learn anything. They take twisting narratives as truth and they believe claims without evidence, then we enact geopolitical policy on them.

Judging by whats being peddled out here in the past two pages, the claim is that Trump and Russia worked together to swing the election by providing wikileaks with what DNC and Clinton were doing? And what they were doing was so bad it cost them the election?  Is that it? Because when I look at that, it sure seems like a country telling itself a lie to cope with getting a hint of what it's upper echelon has been up to. 

Nola

« Reply #16696 on: April 05, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
Hersh said his FBI contact claimed they had found email contact with wikileaks on Rich's computer.

I think most people want an independent review with transparency of the "dnc hack" and an actual Rich investigation.

One of the more depressing parts of this is that we've been through these tricks before with both the whitewater investigation and the iraq war, but apparently most people do not learn anything. They take twisting narratives as truth and they believe claims without evidence, then we enact geopolitical policy on them.

Judging by whats being peddled out here in the past two pages, the claim is that Trump and Russia worked together to swing the election by providing wikileaks with what DNC and Clinton were doing? And what they were doing was so bad it cost them the election?  Is that it? Because when I look at that, it sure seems like a country telling itself a lie to cope with getting a hint of what it's upper echelon has been up to.
No one has said the bolded around here.

The FBI was never investigating the case. Hersh has been on record saying his source was not credible and Butowski, who I will remind you is embroiled in multiple lawsuits for their fabricated story and treatment of the Rich family, has had his story retracted. Hersh contextualized the conversation as Butowski taking 2 and 2 and making 45 out of it. So I continue to be amused that you like to use Hersh as a backbone.

I.E. Hersh does not stand by that source as credible, so why do you?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #16697 on: April 05, 2018, 06:42:00 PM »

Yeah, in that conversation he also said that Rich had submitted DNC documents to a Dropbox that Wikileaks got access to, and this is all coming from an inside source (ie this is something that the FBI had evidence of in late summer 2016).

He's describing some pretty smoking-gun evidence of Rich as the leak, apparently in official FBI records somewhere. Even putting aside that Hersh is a notorious bullshitter*, and putting aside that he's disavowed that story both publicly and to Butowski, it seems extremely unlikely there'd be that sort of bombshell report sitting around, with people aware of it via rumors, and literally no subsequent reporting to validate it. That shit should be the holy grail for conservative media but nobody seems interested.

*Distinct from his published journalism. There was a brouhaha in the blogosphere in the 2000's and a whole-ass magazine article about this.
[close]

etiolate

« Reply #16698 on: April 05, 2018, 06:49:42 PM »
Nola: Whatever dirt Russia may have claimed to have on Hilary isn't ever directly stated to be the wiki DNC emails. You are connecting the two in your mind when there's no evidence of that. You're also assuming a lot based on claims that we should ask be qualified with evidence before going along with the claim.

Nola

« Reply #16699 on: April 05, 2018, 06:57:34 PM »
Etiolate: The FBI was investigating Seth Rich and found smoking gun evidence on his laptop.

Also etiolate: There has been no actual Seth Rich investigation looking into this stuff and the people demand it!

It's almost like none of the concurrent logic and timelines of this Seth Rich stuff makes any sense, and the only way to keep it going or make the broken logic whole is to pile on more conspiracies  :ohhh

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #16700 on: April 05, 2018, 07:05:05 PM »
I wonder if Seth Rich's parents can sue The Bore via etoilet

Cindi tried to warn us.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16701 on: April 05, 2018, 07:06:49 PM »
Assange threatened Clinton long before Trump's campaign became a real thing.
In fact, people act like Trump was the first to talk about those e-mails and leaks but that's not what happened.

It would mostly play out like this:

- On 4chan/Reddit and/or other places rumors would emerge from Wikileaks that something was afoot
- Some cryptic tweeting by Assange / WikiLeaks
- A major release of e-mail dirt
- Scavino, Stone, Flynn, Don Jr. (and other Trumpers) pick it up on the web and probably pass it on to Trump
- Media picks it up, turns it into headlines
- Trump begins his rally with: "Boy, what I just read about Crooked Hillary Clinton"

The only time he beat them to the punch is when he 'asked' the Russians (after it was known they'd hacked the DNC) to release the 30k missing Clinton e-mails.
An episode that doesn't fit into the narrative is that Kushner 'tried' to set-up a back channel after the election. Which would be a complete waste of time if they were in bed with Moscow already.

Now if Manafort was the secret Russian agent totally in cahoots with the Kremlin another strange story appears. Right after the RNC speech the Trump campaign turned into a dumpster fire. Trump was visibly upset and frustrated with his campaign manager. Manafort according to his associates had pretty much given up trying to change or control Trump as he had done with Yanukovich. Trump would simply be Trump and not read the carefully prepared statements. The Trump kids who had brought Manafort on board were deeply worried about where everything was going.

Now imagine that you're Manafort, selected by the Kremlin to influence Trump and make him the puppet leader. Why would you risk losing (Manafort was clearly headed for a loss) and possibly be offed by the GRU. Who have killed for much less. 

And finally. Say you are Hope Hicks and you've been with Trump for 99% of the time and you're interviewed by Mueller. You could say: "I was there when Trump called 'so and so' and said he'd get it done he was clearly influenced by the Russians." In fact any one of them could say that because all people are looking for at this point is the smoking gun that connects Trump to the Russian secret services. However, none of the Trumpers did so. In fact, even the people he fired without pay or he shat on (Sloppy Steve) did not sell-out Trump. They could make shit up and damage his presidency enough that he's forced to resign. But none of them do that.

And after all this is Donald John Trump we are talking about. The guy who has his personal lawyer pay off a porn star. The dude who organizes a cruise missile strike over Ice Cream at the Mar-a-lago and has Lou Dobbs call in on speakerphone during cabinet meetings. This is not someone who is especially careful or stealthy. But we have to accept that guys is able to keep his ties to Russia a secret? The only reason he's under scrutiny is because he failed to keep his prior questionable friends out of the spotlights. Trump was linked to the mob because he went to Baseball games and boxing matches with them. Trump is linked to Russia in part because he stars in the music video of a Russian singer who happens to the son of a influential oligarch.

I mean, if Mueller can't find the smoking gun within a year, either he's not looking good enough or it simply isn't there.
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #16702 on: April 05, 2018, 07:11:20 PM »
Bork is the man to talk to for digital assassinations. Rumbler only does assited digital suicide.

Nola

« Reply #16703 on: April 05, 2018, 07:12:33 PM »
Nola: Whatever dirt Russia may have claimed to have on Hilary isn't ever directly stated to be the wiki DNC emails. You are connecting the two in your mind when there's no evidence of that. You're also assuming a lot based on claims that we should ask be qualified with evidence before going along with the claim.
That is fucking rich, pun intended.  :neogaf

We've went over the specific evidence in detail, remember? The digital footprints, the corroborating evidence shared amongst allied nations in their own hacks, the multitude of outside companies that investigated the hacks, the editing of the documents to cover up Russian operating system origins etc. Since then we now have Gucciefer's VPN foul up and these conversations. And no corroboration on these smoking guns you keep mentioning. You put me on ignore after that, remember. Now I'm trying to square the irregularities in the timeline and I guess see how deep into the obstinance hole you are gonna go.

There's not much assuming, just wanting answers. I'm looking at the evidence we have and asking you to square it with your well evidenced conspiracy. Which you haven't really done.

If Russia is running around claiming to have compromising evidence on Hillary before the Podesta hack, which aligns with warnings of the FBI toward the DNC, and the Podesta hack is the only thing ultimately released in your world on the Russian's end, something doesn't add up still. Where is this compromising information Russia is running around town trying to collude with the Trump campaign on in early 2016? Which happened before the Podesta hacks? Why did the Russians, who clearly had compromised the DNC according to multiple FBI reports, apparently do nothing with it? That last one is a biggie.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 07:28:40 PM by Nola »

Steve Contra

« Reply #16704 on: April 05, 2018, 07:16:03 PM »
I'm curious why Etoilet doesn't ask why there isn't a massive investigation into whether or not Seth Rich was the leak with a Republican controlled House, Senate and White House/DOJ. The FBI investigated Hillary's emails while Obama was in office, why wouldn't they do the same here under an administartion that would gain so much with evidence that Russia wasn't the source of the hack  ???
vin

Nola

« Reply #16705 on: April 05, 2018, 07:26:48 PM »
I'm curious why Etoilet doesn't ask why there isn't a massive investigation into whether or not Seth Rich was the leak with a Republican controlled House, Senate and White House/DOJ. The FBI investigated Hillary's emails while Obama was in office, why wouldn't they do the same here under an administartion that would gain so much with evidence that Russia wasn't the source of the hack  ???
Also this.

On a meta note, this is the sort of problem you run into when you continue on these conspiracies past their shelf life and take them out of the fringe communities they work in. As off-the-rails as etiolate can be, I don't think he is ready to jump into their answer for this.

For anyone curious, in the right-wing sphere, the rationalization for why nothing has happened is that the establishment and the deep state want to bury the truth about Seth Rich because they don't want Trump to succeed. It's insane, hopefully even for etiolate, but I've come across the rationalization before.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #16706 on: April 05, 2018, 07:30:38 PM »

Bingo. There are all the incentives in the world for the FBI to produce exculpatory evidence for the president.

Also if you believe that the story in the Hersh-Butowski tape is true, the FBI has had documented evidence of this for a year and a half. Plus it's eight months since that tape was released, dangling this story out for anyone who wanted to follow up on it. Yet nothing since then.

Nola

« Reply #16707 on: April 05, 2018, 07:34:31 PM »
In other news, on the heels of his advisors trying to calm the waters:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/982038264789061633

etiolate

« Reply #16708 on: April 05, 2018, 07:39:19 PM »
There is massive blowback for pursuing these questions. Most people are cowards who only worry about their next purchase. Our press bows down to power and doesn't really care if the people trust them. They see themselves as crafters of news. There is a destructively close relationship between government, media, and tech.

Also, most of those Repubs would love to stick it to Trump. Most would rather have Pence in charge.  The never Trumpers buy into the Russia narrative well. The neocons are all for it. People like Bill Kristol is getting pub on MSNBC.

You're basically asking why this big corrupt complex doesn't' investigate itself.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #16709 on: April 05, 2018, 07:43:33 PM »
So like Fox News, Breitbart, the Washington Times, Daily Caller, the Federalist, etc?

Also Devin Nunes is out to get Trump?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16710 on: April 05, 2018, 07:43:53 PM »

Just read a piece that John Kelly is no longer being consulted on anything anymore and Trump just does everything on his own. Turning the White House into the 26th floor of Trump Tower.

Another case today. Trump's aides said that the troop thing was still under discussion but Trump right after announced he'd send 4000 troops to guard the border until most of the wall is complete.
🤴

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #16711 on: April 05, 2018, 07:45:54 PM »

you guys ready for a recession?

Gonna be fun when democrats start arguing for repealing the Trump tax cuts because the economy crashed the year they were passed.  :doge

Nola

« Reply #16712 on: April 05, 2018, 07:46:28 PM »
Last thing on my timeline point, pertinent since Marcy Wheeler's twitter feed popped up and linked an old story she wrote that referenced this that I had completely forgotten about:

I’ve posted below the first forty documents that Guccifer 2 leaked on his/her WordPress site between June 15 – June 21, 2016.  What I’ve done is cross reference these leaks, which Guccifer 2 himself/herself said were from the DNC, with Wikileaks’ DNC email publication. My research shows that none of these Guccifer 2 DNC documents are in Wikileaks’ DNC documents. That’s not to say they didn’t show up at all in Wikileaks.  They did.  They showed up in Wikileaks’ Podesta emails, not the DNC emails.  At least almost half of them did.  The other half I was not able to locate at all in Wikileaks.  Please feel free to cross reference this list yourself with Wikileaks (sometimes you have to be creative in your search or use the attachment or filename search) because I’m only human here, folks. Furthermore,  I believe that debunking information only gets us closer to the truth.

https://jimmysllama.com/2017/05/28/9867/

Even an Assange fan, so etiolate should like that.

Heres the other problem etiolate, why and how did Podesta emails end up in Guccifer's DNC leak cache in June? Did Seth Rich have a phishing business on the side?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 07:51:57 PM by Nola »

Steve Contra

« Reply #16713 on: April 05, 2018, 07:46:31 PM »
So like Fox News, Breitbart, the Washington Times, Daily Caller, the Federalist, etc?

Also Devin Nunes is out to get Trump?
Devin Nunes, Trey Gowdy, Jeff Sessions all in the pocket for...Pence?
vin

Nola

« Reply #16714 on: April 05, 2018, 07:48:25 PM »
There is massive blowback for pursuing these questions. Most people are cowards who only worry about their next purchase. Our press bows down to power and doesn't really care if the people trust them. They see themselves as crafters of news. There is a destructively close relationship between government, media, and tech.

Also, most of those Repubs would love to stick it to Trump. Most would rather have Pence in charge.  The never Trumpers buy into the Russia narrative well. The neocons are all for it. People like Bill Kristol is getting pub on MSNBC.

You're basically asking why this big corrupt complex doesn't' investigate itself.

Ok, I take back what I said:

On a meta note, this is the sort of problem you run into when you continue on these conspiracies past their shelf life and take them out of the fringe communities they work in. As off-the-rails as etiolate can be, I don't think he is ready to jump into their answer for this.

For anyone curious, in the right-wing sphere, the rationalization for why nothing has happened is that the establishment and the deep state want to bury the truth about Seth Rich because they don't want Trump to succeed. It's insane, hopefully even for etiolate, but I've come across the rationalization before.

Turns out etiolate is that type. Answering disreputable conspiracies with even more disreputable conspiracies.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16715 on: April 05, 2018, 07:51:58 PM »
The Seth Rich story as it was originally reported didn't seem very believable and that's why these conspiracies showed up.
But later a more clearer version of the truth was presented by authorities and the family asked to be left alone (especially by Hannity and the other nutjobs).

Who knows, Seth may have been involved with Wikileaks but he wasn't killed by a Clinton or DNC hit squad. That's ridiculous.
🤴

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #16716 on: April 05, 2018, 07:53:04 PM »
Nola, why are you spending so much time debating this with etoilet? I don't think you're gonna change his mind, and I don't think you'd dedicate ~1000k words towards convincing someone the earth is round. It is funny that he has you on ignore for some reason despite engaging each one of your posts tho, that unmurder button is gettin a workout

Nola

« Reply #16717 on: April 05, 2018, 07:55:28 PM »
The Seth Rich story as it was originally reported didn't seem very believable and that's why these conspiracies showed up.
But later a more clearer version of the truth was presented by authorities and the family asked to be left alone (especially by Hannity and the other nutjobs).

Who knows, Seth may have been involved with Wikileaks but he wasn't killed by a Clinton or DNC hit squad. That's ridiculous.

Nah, there is literally as much evidence to suggest Cindi was the leaker as there is Seth Rich.

Unless you want to take the etiolate path and start trusting Kim.com and the Butowski's over literally every piece of evidence suggesting Russian origin. I implore you, don't do it my filler-lite friend!

benjipwns

« Reply #16718 on: April 05, 2018, 07:56:28 PM »

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/we-let-our-readers-practice-international-trade-they-started-a-bunch-of-trade-wars/

in the comments somebody helps them by pointing out the obvious fact (if you try the game) that their entire framing of the game provided incentive to produce said results
[close]

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #16719 on: April 05, 2018, 07:58:05 PM »
you guys ready for a recession?

Gonna be fun when democrats start arguing for repealing the Trump tax cuts because the economy crashed the year they were passed.  :doge

I don't know about a recession, but between tax cuts and tariffs it's like Trump's testing whether the government can still manufacture inflation.

kingv

« Reply #16720 on: April 05, 2018, 08:04:13 PM »
What’s the over under on the Dow tomorrow?

I bet it loses 700 pts

benjipwns

« Reply #16721 on: April 05, 2018, 08:06:32 PM »
There's a massive investigation with a special prosecutor and a team of 17 lawyers. No one is suggesting they hoodwinked anyone. And the question of "DID THE RUSSIANS WIN THE ELECTION FOR TRUMP??"is quite different than did the Trump campaign have inappropriate connections with the Russians and did those rise to the level of a prosecutable offense.
Yeah, I don't have any disagreements with any of this.

Nola

« Reply #16722 on: April 05, 2018, 08:07:32 PM »
Nola, why are you spending so much time debating this with etoilet? I don't think you're gonna change his mind, and I don't think you'd dedicate ~1000k words towards convincing someone the earth is round. It is funny that he has you on ignore for some reason despite engaging each one of your posts tho, that unmurder button is gettin a workout
I mean I really wasn't at first, but I did feel like every one piles on him(which, to be fair, I do as well, and he frankly has earned it for his insane obstinance) so I at least felt I should make a good faith effort to explain it to him. Even though the request response from him was prefaced by the usual insults that should of been a warning.

Thought maybe, but you know, etiolate is always gonna etiolate....Also its sort of fun to test where his rationalizations will take him since he can't admit to ever being wrong, no matter how strong the case is made against his points.

benjipwns

« Reply #16723 on: April 05, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »
That's exactly how they would make it appear though. That's the problem. The bullet may have even been fired backwards through time.

benjipwns

« Reply #16724 on: April 05, 2018, 08:40:18 PM »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/bernie-sanders-revolution-needs-black-voters-to-win-but-can
But the time and place for the remark — 50 years to the day after King's assassination, at an event to discuss that legacy — quickly shook loose old frustrations among Democrats who watched the senator struggle in 2016 to connect with black voters and speak to issues of racial justice.
"Bernie's comments were tone deaf and will not help him with communities of color, especially black folks," said Joshua DuBois, a strategist who led Obama's faith-based initiative. "On that hallowed day, our focus should've been on the transformative legacy of Dr. King and how we can come together to continue King's fight against systemic racism and injustice — not attacking the legacy of the first black president, who fought against many of the same things Dr. King fought."
https://twitter.com/Bakari_Sellers/status/981879036291973120
To “dismiss with utter arrogance and lack of self-awareness the first African-African president,” he said on Thursday, is “just the height and epitome of arrogance and lack of self-awareness.”
Sanders, in the months since 2016, has cultivated a closer relationship with leaders like Rev. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

“It’s not Bernie’s fault, but the circumstance he was faced with [in 2016] is that he took on this image as this [exemplar] of progressivism when the progressive community tends to marginalize black concerns,” said Rev. Al Sharpton in an interview last week. “He was the progressive candidate and he incurred some wrath from all of us because of that.”
Still, early in his political career, and at times during the 2016 campaign, Sanders was reluctant to embrace any view of left-leaning politics that did not put class and economic inequality at the forefront. “The real issue is not whether you’re black or white, whether you’re a woman or a man,” he said in a 1988 interview. “The real issue is whose side are you on? Are you on the side of workers and poor people or are you on the side of big money and the corporations?”

This kind of thing is why blacks will finally wake up and be voting GOP in 2018 and 2020.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #16725 on: April 05, 2018, 10:05:18 PM »

Big news if true.  That type of info would make a lot of people look bad and never be able to recover.  :o

To be perma-owned liked that...... damn.
©ZH

« Reply #16726 on: April 05, 2018, 10:33:11 PM »

You can be stupid and still commit international crimes.  :doge

Nola

« Reply #16727 on: April 05, 2018, 10:57:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/982064890310373376

More clarity on why Manafort is so concerned about additional charges in his suit.

Guy is fucked.

benjipwns

« Reply #16728 on: April 05, 2018, 11:02:58 PM »
[In response to Trump deploying the National Guard to the border] Senators in Mexico urged President Enrique Pena Nieto to temporarily suspend cooperation with the U.S. on immigration and security issues. In a nonbinding statement approved unanimously Wednesday, the senators asked Mexico’s government to freeze joint efforts “in the fight against transnational organized crime” until Trump starts acting “with the civility and respect that the people of Mexico deserve.”
Over a hundred years is well past time for another Punitive Expedition to teach them some manners Mr. President, don't let them disrespect MLK Jr.'s assassination and our fighting men and women and transgenders like this :american

« Reply #16729 on: April 05, 2018, 11:23:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/982064890310373376

More clarity on why Manafort is so concerned about additional charges in his suit.

Guy is fucked.

And Mueller doesn't use lube.  :letsfukk :mouf :takei

Nola

« Reply #16730 on: April 05, 2018, 11:33:42 PM »
Unless Manafort cries uncle and flips first  :jawalrus

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #16732 on: April 06, 2018, 12:41:16 AM »
If you just become a neolibcon shill then you'll understand when daddy government tells you all the leaks are tied to Russia then you'll see the light. Even if the timeline doesn't make sense. Even if there is no evidence. Corkboards are for crazy conspiracy theorists. We're not Alex Jones here. We won't show you the idea. We have experts like Mandy Patinkin and Carrie Matheson. And they rely on us, the resistance! (Buy Frito Lay!) Each of us has our own elaborate web---well web is a bad word. Webs have connections. No, we have an elaborate pollack painting of (what will be) two years of investigation in which we randomly cut out a piece here and there and then present it to our gallery of experts. (Who are congressman who need an aide to help open their e-mail.) Yet the experts really already know, but they don't know that you know. We aren't sure you have faith. Faith is what matters.

Gosh.
You forgot to tell us to do all our online shopping at amazon.com :trumps
Hi

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #16733 on: April 06, 2018, 02:28:17 AM »
trey gowdy welcome to the resistance. or was he already part of the resistance? can't keep track

benjipwns

« Reply #16734 on: April 06, 2018, 05:31:18 AM »

lol polls

jorma

« Reply #16735 on: April 06, 2018, 07:50:11 AM »
stormy would be like 14 years old if she banged first term bill clinton

pizzagate might be real after all

Nola

« Reply #16737 on: April 06, 2018, 09:26:37 AM »
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/981970631406186497

https://twitter.com/LOLGOP/status/982233129392922624

Strange how public pressure and a companies support base throwing a fit about hiring a racist is a free speech crisis, but doing the same for black men kneeling over systemic racism is an affront to the public and should remain a fireable offense

Though specifically in Shapiro’s case, his argument is an interesting one, since if you apply it to civil rights as opposed to the alt-right, he’s essentially implying to people that reimposing Jim Crow is the best cure for racism.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #16738 on: April 06, 2018, 09:47:04 AM »
Not surprising. These are the same people who blame Obama for their racism.
©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #16739 on: April 06, 2018, 11:11:30 AM »
Conservatives:”Let the market decide”

*The market decides*

Conservatives: “You’re infringing on my freedom of speech!”
©ZH