Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5432165 times)

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Re: Marianne Williamson |OT| An Uprising of Decency
« Reply #41160 on: August 06, 2019, 04:18:43 PM »
We have our orders, gravelanchers

https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1158739504829779969
People that like Gravel and Sanders is a circle that completely overlaps. :-[

Also - is fattie so terrible that he'll make blue Texas actually happen?
https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1158789058744770560
Hi

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #41161 on: August 06, 2019, 04:31:23 PM »
So at what point do we start to get antsy?

Warren + Bernie > Biden

It's fine

what about Biden + Harris + Buttchug + Beto + Booker + Klubba + Gillibrand + Castro?

I will never forgive Biden, Warren, Harris, Buttichug, Beto, Booker, Klober, Gillibrand, Castro, Yang, Williamson, De Blasio, and Delaney for standing in the way of a Bernie presidency.

Never. 
:O

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #41162 on: August 06, 2019, 04:38:50 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/06/magazine/mayor-bill-de-blasio-2020-campaign.html
The outing bore few markings of a nascent presidential campaign — no posters, no stickers, no volunteers collecting voter information — and not everyone seemed pleased to see him. Though de Blasio had arranged to address members of the state’s Democratic black caucus, he was piggybacking on an event already scheduled by another candidate in the polling-circa-1-percent subdivision, the former tech executive Andrew Yang. When Yang concluded a planned speech to about two dozen activists, de Blasio slid in behind him, as perhaps 20 people lingered. “I live in New York,” Yang said as he left. “You have to come to South Carolina to meet your New York mayor.”
On the eve of his intended rollout, the news was scooped by a Missouri high schooler scrolling through Facebook after an A.P. exam. The teenager, Gabe Fleisher, who writes a popular political newsletter, noticed an Iowa Democratic group’s invitation to see “Bill di Blasio” on his kickoff tour. The mayor had carefully prepared a Trump-baiting insult for his debut: “I call him ‘Con Don,’ ” he told reporters, urging social media followers to adopt the hashtag. Social media informed him that “condón” means “condom” in Spanish.

Virtually none of de Blasio’s former top advisers, including those who engineered his 2013 mayoral upset, joined his cause this time. One of them, John Del Cecato, had his own 2020 decision revealed by Politico the night before de Blasio’s: He was going to work for his former boss’s Democratic rival Pete Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Ind., a city smaller in population than the Brooklyn neighborhood of Bushwick.

Privately, according to three people who heard the pitch, de Blasio suggested he could resonate with voters “as a unit” alongside his wife, Chirlane McCray, who is black, running on both his unyielding progressivism and the “incredibly successful” interracial marriage
Several months later, with the 2016 presidential election looming, the mayor established a nonprofit that seemed intended to position him as the contest’s liberal gatekeeper. He planned to lead a forum on income inequality in Iowa, but the event was scrapped amid a lack of interest from candidates. The mayor worried (correctly) that Sanders’s insurgent challenge to Hillary Clinton was making his task irrelevant. “What am I supposed to do?” he asked privately, citing Sanders’s success in moving the conversation as he had hoped to. By the time de Blasio endorsed Clinton, his former boss, after months of public vacillation, he had antagonized her campaign enough to dampen any enthusiasm for his help. He went to Iowa anyway.
And after repeatedly testing the letter and spirit of campaign finance laws while in office, the mayor has engaged in the kind of creative (and ethically dubious) accounting that prompted this recent Politico New York headline: “Amid murkiness over spending, de Blasio team says campaign launch video was not a campaign expense.”
In mid-July, when a blackout hit large chunks of Manhattan’s West Side, de Blasio was off in Waterloo, Iowa. He initially equivocated when asked by reporters if he would return home. By the time he did the next day, the power was back, and The Post was working up a front-page editorial demanding the mayor’s ouster: “DE BLASIO MUST GO!”

That Monday, during de Blasio’s weekly appearance on NY1, a local television station, the host, Errol Louis, raised a hypothetical: The mayor is trying to reach a city official during an emergency. And the official is out of town applying for a new job. “You wouldn’t be happy about that, right?” Louis asked.

The mayor’s eyes narrowed a bit. He shook his head slightly. “I don’t understand the analogy,” he said.

agrajag

« Reply #41163 on: August 06, 2019, 04:41:20 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #41164 on: August 06, 2019, 04:47:18 PM »

more Kamala Kollapse

benjipwns

« Reply #41165 on: August 06, 2019, 04:53:14 PM »
from the Quinnipac poll:
• Biden gets 47 percent of black Democrats, with 16 percent for Sanders, 8 percent for Warren and 1 percent for Harris;
• Women Democrats go 31 percent for Biden, 24 percent for Warren, 10 percent for Sanders and 7 percent for Harris;
• Very liberal Democrats go 40 percent for Warren, 20 percent for Sanders, 19 percent for Biden and 7 percent for Harris;
• Somewhat liberal Democrats go 28 percent for Biden, 20 percent for Warren, 14 percent for Sanders and 10 percent for Harris;
• Moderate/conservative Democrats go 43 percent for Biden, 11 percent for Warren, 9 percent for Sanders, and 4 percent each for Harris and South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg.

james

« Reply #41166 on: August 06, 2019, 04:58:42 PM »
Biden gets 47 percent of black Democrats,

:comeon

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41167 on: August 06, 2019, 05:00:28 PM »
the biden blacks gonna give us 4 more years of trump  :neogaf
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:11:50 PM by filler »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #41168 on: August 06, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

more Kamala Kollapse

Bernie's growing out of his sheath.

benjipwns

« Reply #41169 on: August 06, 2019, 05:14:12 PM »
Mike Pence going after the crucial The Bire vote:
Mr. Pence said that as a politician he faces a lot of attacks, and had several pieces of advice.

“No. 1 is, spend more time on your knees than on the internet,” he said.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41170 on: August 06, 2019, 05:30:58 PM »
pence and his wife have a BBC bull  :lawd

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #41171 on: August 06, 2019, 05:33:14 PM »
There was a politico article last month that basically said that Sanders and Warren supporters are from different parts of the party.

In poll after poll, Sanders appeals to lower-income and less-educated people; Warren beats Sanders among those with postgraduate degrees. Sanders performs better with men, Warren with women. Younger people who vote less frequently are more often in Sanders’ camp; seniors who follow politics closely generally prefer Warren.

Sanders also has won over more African Americans than Warren: He earns a greater share of support from black voters than any candidate in the race except for Joe Biden, according to the latest Morning Consult surveys.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/12/sanders-warren-voters-2020-1408548

By my estimation despite coming from different parts of the party, Sanders and Biden's supporters share more in common with each other than Sanders and Warren, if only because a large chunk of Sanders and Bidens supporters are poorer and have less education than Warren supporters. In my opinion, the current stale break we have right now is when one of Sanders and Biden drops out, not when any of the 2nd and 3rd tier candidates drop out, and I don't think that question gets answered until after the Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada primaries/caucuses.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #41172 on: August 06, 2019, 05:37:12 PM »
biden v trump
going to be an awareness campaign about dementia or whatever

benjipwns

« Reply #41173 on: August 06, 2019, 05:46:14 PM »
from the Morning Consult poll:
BIDEN SUPPORTERS
Second Choice Selections
Bernie Sanders 24%
Elizabeth Warren 20%
Kamala Harris 15%

SANDERS SUPPORTERS
Second Choice Selections
Joe Biden 31%
Elizabeth Warren 26%
Kamala Harris 8%

WARREN SUPPORTERS
Second Choice Selections
Bernie Sanders 25%
Kamala Harris 22%
Joe Biden 17%

HARRIS SUPPORTERS
Second Choice Selections
Elizabeth Warren 26%
Joe Biden 24%
Bernie Sanders 12%

BUTTIGIEG SUPPORTERS
Second Choice Selections
Elizabeth Warren 21%
Kamala Harris 18%
Joe Biden 17%

Tripon

« Reply #41174 on: August 06, 2019, 05:58:14 PM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #41175 on: August 06, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41176 on: August 06, 2019, 06:29:23 PM »

Tripon

Occam

« Reply #41178 on: August 06, 2019, 06:44:05 PM »
Has been deleted. What did it say?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41179 on: August 06, 2019, 06:44:43 PM »
Biden is like Romney 2012, the flavors of the week are cancelling each other so you'll end up with the inevitable choice no one is excited about.
The VP selection will be important and could either get him over the line or completely sink him.

Trump will be happy if Sleepy Joe is his opponent.
The easiest target for him to take down.
🤴

Tripon

« Reply #41180 on: August 06, 2019, 06:55:52 PM »

Wapo story about which candidates shared which donors. Not surprisingly, Bernie Sanders was the candidate that shared the least donors out of all the candidates.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #41181 on: August 06, 2019, 07:20:49 PM »

Wapo story about which candidates shared which donors. Not surprisingly, Bernie Sanders was the candidate that shared the least donors out of all the candidates.

Why throw money down the drain when we all know Bernie is inevitable.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #41182 on: August 06, 2019, 07:21:01 PM »
Biden is like Romney 2012, the flavors of the week are cancelling each other so you'll end up with the inevitable choice no one is excited about.
The VP selection will be important and could either get him over the line or completely sink him.

Trump will be happy if Sleepy Joe is his opponent.
The easiest target for him to take down.

apparently biden tends to lead in a head-to-head poll with trump
the debates will be comedy gold though

Tripon

agrajag

benjipwns

« Reply #41185 on: August 06, 2019, 08:36:20 PM »
Nate makes a good point, I bet those Bernard scrooges aren't even donating the maximum allowed either, let alone spreading it around to the other candidates.

Tripon

« Reply #41186 on: August 06, 2019, 08:43:44 PM »
Nate makes a good point, I bet those Bernard scrooges aren't even donating the maximum allowed either, let alone spreading it around to the other candidates.

Nate should take his own advice and not just donate mind space but actual dollars to Bernie et al.  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #41187 on: August 06, 2019, 09:05:51 PM »
GR spotted with skin crawler:

agrajag

« Reply #41188 on: August 06, 2019, 09:23:32 PM »
GR is smaller than I imagined  :doge

Tripon

« Reply #41189 on: August 06, 2019, 09:51:37 PM »
A congressman doxxing.  :wag
https://twitter.com/Castro4Congress/status/1158576680182718464
Joaquin Castro, a Democratic congressman from Texas and chairman of the presidential campaign of his twin brother, Julián, fired back on Tuesday after being castigated on social media for tweeting the names and occupations of his constituents who’d maxed out their donations to President Donald Trump.

His tweet contained a graphic titled “Who’s funding Trump?” and listed the names of 44 people who purportedly contributed the maximum amount allowed by campaign finance laws. Their occupations, which, like donor names, are public record, were also listed. Close to a dozen of the donors shown are retirees.

“Sad to see so many San Antonians as 2019 maximum donors to Donald Trump,” Castro wrote, naming local businesses whose owners were on the list. “Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as ‘invaders.’”

The graphic, which Castro indicated had originated with a Democratic activist group, was blasted out to the more than 27,000 followers of his congressional campaign account on Tuesday afternoon. It came as politicians’ loaded rhetoric has come under closer scrutiny after a mass shooting over the weekend in El Paso that killed 22 and wounded dozens of others. Trump’s anti-immigrant rhetoric, which mirrored language used by the suspected shooter in a racist manifesto, has loomed over the tragedy in the days since.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/06/joaquin-castro-trump-donors-1450672 :doge
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 10:58:37 PM by Great Rumbler »

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #41190 on: August 06, 2019, 10:44:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1158896220309512192

Is Carlson’s program advertised as a legitimate news source?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #41191 on: August 06, 2019, 10:45:51 PM »
We calling public campaign finance info doxxing now?

james

« Reply #41192 on: August 06, 2019, 10:49:15 PM »

Yes.

But also the yellow pages are doxxing too

Tripon

« Reply #41193 on: August 06, 2019, 10:51:40 PM »

Yes.

I wasn't being serious. I'll put the  :doge emote to it next time.

james

« Reply #41194 on: August 06, 2019, 11:04:05 PM »

Yes.

I wasn't being serious. I'll put the  :doge emote to it next time.

I assumed you were a NYT editor

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #41195 on: August 07, 2019, 02:22:59 AM »
Between Oct. 1 and July 29, the State Department denied 5,343 immigrant visa applications for Mexican nationals on the grounds that the applicants were so poor or infirm that they risked becoming a “public charge,” according to the statistics. That’s up from just seven denials for Mexican applicants in fiscal year 2016, the last full year under former President Barack Obama.
"They should leave first and come back in the right way!"
每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41196 on: August 07, 2019, 08:21:42 AM »
Now that hipster culture, video games and comic book movies have gone mainstream and Google Assistant and Siri can help with computer problems, they no longer have need of the nerds.

The nerds will be mass incarcerated and executed, it is inevitable.
 :neo
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41197 on: August 07, 2019, 08:57:13 AM »
I love how annoyed and disgusted every reporter that has to do a segment on 8chan/message boards in general looks. None of them on any network are able to hide their disdain on this nerd shit.

Multiplied when they have footage of any of the people involved and they look/sound exactly like what you'd imagine them to look/sound like.

To be fair, I'd probably have the same expression after digging through the darkest depths of 8chan.
dog

Tripon

Tasty

« Reply #41199 on: August 07, 2019, 10:15:37 AM »
https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/8/7/20757705/elizabeth-warren-broadband-digital-divide-broadband-access

Warren again with another "duh this is common sense, why hasn't this been done before / why isn't anyone else proposing or talking about this" proposal.

james

« Reply #41200 on: August 07, 2019, 10:20:17 AM »
 :drudge :drudge :drudge

10-year yield drops under 1.6%, 30-year yield nears record low as collapse in rates accelerates

why the fuck dont we have a Ron Paul emoticon

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #41201 on: August 07, 2019, 10:21:37 AM »
 :paul

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #41202 on: August 07, 2019, 10:56:21 AM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge

10-year yield drops under 1.6%, 30-year yield nears record low as collapse in rates accelerates

james, stop talking about 10-year olds, jesus christ
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41203 on: August 07, 2019, 11:20:24 AM »
Don't panic, the Fed is already asking Zero Hedge to provide them with updates on the situation

:doge
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #41204 on: August 07, 2019, 12:02:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/1159117721369530368

Right now it's not even a ratio, cause there's no denominator.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41206 on: August 07, 2019, 12:47:41 PM »
🤴

EightBitNate

« Reply #41207 on: August 07, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »
“Him or her”

Damn Yang lobbying hard for that alt-right vote

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #41209 on: August 07, 2019, 01:01:15 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #41210 on: August 07, 2019, 01:20:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1158841864000327680

Isn't this a good reason for Bernie to be a VP pick?  Are any of these candidates VP picks that pull in states that otherwise would go to GOP?

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #41211 on: August 07, 2019, 01:21:58 PM »
vin

agrajag

« Reply #41212 on: August 07, 2019, 01:40:15 PM »
Michael Brooks just jogged my memory.

Remember when Trump said this

You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #41216 on: August 07, 2019, 03:07:33 PM »
lol bernie you're gonna be dead in 2028
püp

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #41217 on: August 07, 2019, 03:11:03 PM »
presidents should be under 70, ideally under retirement age too
maybe even younger, a president should be able to kick another world leader's ass

EightBitNate

« Reply #41218 on: August 07, 2019, 03:13:02 PM »
lol bernie you're gonna be dead in 2028

His casket will be occupied