Author Topic: Nier Automata  (Read 36171 times)

Boredfrom

Re: Nier Automata
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2017, 02:23:37 PM »
This game gets wayyyy better in the second playthrough.

Just a tip before you finish Route B, not spoiler but some new consumable  items will become available before the final battle of Route B. You will need some of them but for Route C as will make some stuff less painful. Though you would only needed in two or three fights (if you are in normal difficult, I suppose)

So they show up before the final battle? I'm ok if you just spoil it for me.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are Cure items that remove status effects that you can buy and/or find before the end of Route B, but there are no status ailments until the beginning of Route C (and it only happens one time, at least on Normal, maybe more on higher levels, I dunno)[/spoiler{
[close]
It also happens during
the final boss fight before choosing who to side with. The also appear in the real last fight depending of who you choose as your character.
[close]
At least that was ocurred to me during those battles, but it was easier to deal with than during the beginning of C route.

I also was reading that random mooks have the ability but kind of only happens when they are about to die.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:28:17 PM by Boredfrom »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2017, 06:50:57 PM »
Ok guys, once I'm done with Zelda (who knows when that will be as I'm just enjoying the hell out of it) and then Doom this or Nioh is next on the list. But, should I play Nier to enjoy this one further? Initial feedback was "Nah" but the more I hear that you'll enjoy this more if you had done the first one.
You'll get more out of it if you play at least some of the first Nier or watch a summary of it on YouTube or something.
is it fun to play or should I just catch a stream?
que

Boredfrom

« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2017, 07:10:46 PM »
Ok guys, once I'm done with Zelda (who knows when that will be as I'm just enjoying the hell out of it) and then Doom this or Nioh is next on the list. But, should I play Nier to enjoy this one further? Initial feedback was "Nah" but the more I hear that you'll enjoy this more if you had done the first one.
You'll get more out of it if you play at least some of the first Nier or watch a summary of it on YouTube or something.

Is mediocre as hell. Is not horrible and the story is great but is basically a budget Zelda with RPG elements and a lot of genre mix ups sprinkled. I lost interest at one point and just watched the Super Best Friends lets play. My impression is that if you can get pass the jank, is a great experience, but not a game that gets better gameplay wise.

Beezy

« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2017, 07:49:40 PM »
You should at least try it so that you can experience some of the awesome soundtrack and boar drifting.

The game is obviously low budget and the combat is simple, but I really enjoyed it overall.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2017, 08:30:36 PM »
Watch this and get on with it, life is short:

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2017, 09:22:01 PM »
On to path playthrough number 3.
nat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2017, 02:49:42 AM »
I don't like the original Nier.

You do not need to play it to understand this game. I'm not sure even what you get from it beyond reading some notes about a backstory that is far removed and rather irrelevant to the main story of this new game.

FatalT

« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2017, 04:35:46 AM »
I don't like the original Nier.

You do not need to play it to understand this game. I'm not sure even what you get from it beyond reading some notes about a backstory that is far removed and rather irrelevant to the main story of this new game.

From what I gathered, the whole plot of NieR is
Disconnecting all of humanity from a matrix-like machine where they're happy and in peace. The shadows you fight are real people who are ghosts leftover on the planet or something.
[close]
Then this game takes place thousands of years in the future where there's androids trying to re-build the world and fight robots? I dunno but I just caved and bought it, shit. Persona 5, you gonna have to wait.

I rented the original NieR and fucking hated it, if that means anything to you. The combat was janky and the world traversal was janky. Just read up on the story.

FatalT

« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2017, 07:10:47 AM »
Just finished the demo portion of NieR: Automata but I'm going to watch Ghost in the Shell to prepare for the free tickets I have to see it tomorrow.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2017, 07:33:44 AM »
There's also supposed to be a loose connection to the Drakengard games as well.  I got Drakengard 3 and Nier to prepare for Automata...but I ended up leaving both shelved and just played Automata instead.  It doesn't really matter.

I do want to play both games at some point though.
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2017, 01:12:16 PM »
does it matter if I didn't see the last two ending in nier and didn't understand what the fuck was going on
pcp

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2017, 01:27:57 PM »
does it matter if I didn't see the last two ending in nier and didn't understand what the fuck was going on

dude the game works on it's own legs. if you wanna know more just watch a video or read a wiki
nat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2017, 01:35:15 PM »
The video I linked above explains everything.

Boredfrom

« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2017, 02:39:51 PM »
The video I linked above explains everything.

Not really at detail, just the the basic plot twist in Nier, connection with Drakengard 1, the basic reason for multiple playthroughs  and Automata conection with a Stage Play. Then again, that is the fundamentals to get the kick out it but stuff like Emil or Kaine are not that well explained. A lot of (optional, being fair) of  stuff with Emil will be lost.

Then again, the backstory proper between Drakengard 1 ending and Nier is crazy bonkers in frankly unnecessary way. Stuff like
the lack of night in the world and how the virus worked like a magic pact
[close]
always seemed out of place in Automata and dont exactly contribuite to the story.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2017, 09:55:27 PM »
I really don't understand why this one has the multiple ending type structure. It seems pretty pointless, which I guess is the point maybe?

And wow is the virus part some of the biggest bullshit in a game.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 10:06:11 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2017, 10:03:50 PM »
just kidding guys I don't actually give a fuck about the story
pcp

Rahxephon91

« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2017, 04:37:17 PM »
Well I guess I'm done with the game. It has glitched in a place that dosen't allow me to continue.

The Resource Unit will not trigger a cutscene for me to continue.
[close]

I don't know, the game was ok. Combat was a little too simple, it felt like the story took a while to get going,  and playing as 9s is'nt actually fun. A shame I won't be able to get to the ending, but I'm inot interested in redoing 30hrs.

How does a game have such a major bug?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 05:21:35 PM by Rahxephon91 »

FatalT

« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2017, 05:47:45 PM »
What are you doing that's not triggering a cutscene?

For real, I need to know this so I don't repeat your glitch.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2017, 06:00:14 PM »
Why would I be doing anything special? I went to the mark on the map and nothing happen. As you approach the Recovery Unit, a scene is supposed to trigger. It never did.

I did'nt know that at first, so when I walked past it I did'nt know anything was supposed to happen. So I went into the castle because since the map in this game is garbage it's not like I knew exactly where it is. Then I saved because I got some levels and stuff fighting through the castle and again had no idea what was going on.

But whatever, fuck this pos game. I'm not going to waste 30+ hours replaying it just to see if it dosen't happen again. How can a game even have such a bug? Thats pretty shitty. Thanks for stealing my money Square.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2017, 06:40:16 PM »

Of course I followed the path. I went to the forest straight from the resistance camp, going through the mall and fighting plenty robots towards the bridge. Not knowing what was supposed to happen I thought maybe I should go into the castle.

I've closed the app, transported out and back in, deleted the install, and reinstalled it. The thing wont trigger.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2017, 07:01:13 PM »
LP to me miss the entire point of video games. I'm not going to watch someone else beat and play a game. I don't even know where you report a bug.

Oh well, I guess Square/Platinum already stole my money. Persona 5 comes out next week and I was hoping to have this finished before Tuesday. Not anymore, I'm done with it. How a game has a game breaking patch after being out a month and 3 patches is pretty inexcusable.

Boredfrom

« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2017, 07:58:51 PM »
Why would I be doing anything special? I went to the mark on the map and nothing happen. As you approach the Recovery Unit, a scene is supposed to trigger. It never did.

I did'nt know that at first, so when I walked past it I did'nt know anything was supposed to happen. So I went into the castle because since the map in this game is garbage it's not like I knew exactly where it is. Then I saved because I got some levels and stuff fighting through the castle and again had no idea what was going on.

But whatever, fuck this pos game. I'm not going to waste 30+ hours replaying it just to see if it dosen't happen again. How can a game even have such a bug? Thats pretty shitty. Thanks for stealing my money Square.

You know you are probably 1 of 1000 cases, as many people have finished the game without problems? It sucks, but we are not talking about Fallout 4 here.

If it helps, I remember the cutscene activates when you are crossing the bridge with the giant Recovery Unit, when you are getting close.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2017, 08:02:16 PM »
Sure, but that doesn't make me feel any better that I personally wasted $60 on a game that I can't beat and is broken for me. I could have saved that money and bought Persona 5 already.

Now my options are start over and waste some more time in the hope that it doesn't happen again, wait to simply see if they fix it, and if they do hope it works with my save, so whatever and watch a boring let's play while not completing the game myself and my purchase being a waste.

I'm so happy to have bought Nier Automata.

And you're right we aren't talking about Fallout 4, we're talking about an extremely small scale game compared to a Bethesda game. Which are no doubt buggy, but I've never encountered one that was game breaking and besides they have multiple saves.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:09:53 PM by Rahxephon91 »

FatalT

« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2017, 08:13:40 PM »
That's weird, it even looks like it has the orange glowing parts from post-cutscene.

I'd report the bug and sit on it until a bug fix, there's still a lot more of the game to go through.

You could just watch an LP I guess.

The game just came out recently so I'm sure there'll be many patches to come. Play something else in the meantime?

Boredfrom

« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2017, 08:15:57 PM »
Sure, but that doesn't make me feel any better that I personally wasted $60 on a game that I can't beat and is broken for me. I could have saved that money and bought Persona 5 already.

Now my options are start over and waste some more time in the hope that it doesn't happen again, wait to simply see if they fix it, and if they do hope it works with my save, so whatever and watch a boring let's play while not completing the game myself and my purchase being a waste.

I'm so happy to have bought Nier Automata.

And you're right we aren't talking about Fallout 4, we're talking about an extremely small scale game compared to a Bethesda game. Which are no doubt buggy, but I've never encountered one that was game breaking and besides they have multiple saves.

Lucky you.

You could send the video to one of the Square Enix twitter accounts to at least make them aware of the bug or to their forums. I think they have confirmed to support the game to an extent because DLC.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2017, 04:04:06 PM »
Finished all 5 main endings. What a fucking ride that was.
nat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2017, 09:19:17 PM »
Well Square Enix's reply was " I hope you have another save or you're screwed. Start over".

Well that fucking is a garbage reply.

"Revert to an earlier save"

The game doesn't auto save and leave multiple ones fucktards and since I'm not under the impression the game is a broken pos of course I'm going to keep saving in my 1st save slot. Do these people even know what the game is?

Does anyone want to buy a copy of Nier before I break it in half? Well I'm never buying a Yoko Taro game again. How do you release a simple ass game with such a huge bug?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2017, 09:21:45 PM »
That really sucks, but why don't you wait to see if it gets patched?
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2017, 12:17:15 AM »
This cannot continue.
©@©™

Rahxephon91

« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2017, 01:44:21 AM »
I already traded it in to Gamestop since Square basicly told me to fuck off. Persona 5 will take up most of my time anyway. Im not going to sit here and wait to see if they fix thier pos game that shouldn't have had any issues. Hell even if they fixed it there's no guarantee it would apply to my save.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2017, 06:36:00 AM »
Congrats, you found the super secret [Bu]g ending!
nat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2017, 02:44:36 PM »
Rahx pls tell me how to unlock the canon ending
You save your $60 and don't buy this crap.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2017, 06:19:37 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2017, 07:24:14 PM »
Where Anemone tho?

Where Jackass tho? :lawd
[close]
©@©™

Rahxephon91

« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2017, 02:46:13 AM »
I fixed the issue....

FatalT

« Reply #155 on: April 03, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »
I made it to the machine village and I feel guilty for killing all those machines from before now. At the carnival I was thinking something fishy was going on but dammit, I left them all alone. And what's that? That's a highly dangerous tank? NO THAT'S A ROLLING FIREWORKS LAUNCHER WE'RE CONTINUING ON!

This game is fantastic.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: April 03, 2017, 09:33:24 AM »
©@©™

FatalT

« Reply #157 on: April 03, 2017, 09:35:46 AM »
I already traded it in to Gamestop since Square basicly told me to fuck off. Persona 5 will take up most of my time anyway. Im not going to sit here and wait to see if they fix thier pos game that shouldn't have had any issues. Hell even if they fixed it there's no guarantee it would apply to my save.
I fixed the issue....

I thought you traded it in? Or was trading it in to play Persona 5 instead the fix?

« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2017, 02:45:15 AM »
Finished up the second playthrough tonight. Game is awesome.
野球

FatalT

« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2017, 02:53:41 AM »

I appreciated that everything from the previous play throughs carry over, including side-quest completion. I finished my first earlier today and made it to the desert on my second play-through but with Persona 5 out, I might back-burner it until I hit a lull in P5 so it won't be so tedious going through the same game again with a few changes.

« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2017, 02:50:47 PM »
I've heard each play through is shorter than the last, so I might try to finish up C before starting Persona 5.
野球

Rahxephon91

« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2017, 03:01:08 PM »

I appreciated that everything from the previous play throughs carry over, including side-quest completion. I finished my first earlier today and made it to the desert on my second play-through but with Persona 5 out, I might back-burner it until I hit a lull in P5 so it won't be so tedious going through the same game again with a few changes.
I mean it would be stupid if stuff did'nt carry over. It's not like you are actually starting a new game, you are just continuing the story.

I don't really understand why people call them playthroughs or why the game does this New Game nonsense.

If you stop at Route A you haven't at all played the game.

And unlike Drakengard or Nier 1, Routes C and D are continuations of Routes A/B which are not at all alternative stories.

It's a really dumb thing to continue this Ending ABC nonsense when they are just chapters.

It's not at all like the other games. Nier's other routes where the same story with different angles and expanded information.

Drakengard 1 and 2's other endings were branching alternative stories. Same with 3 I guess, though that was the point.

For Nier Automata. A and B are the same story, but with different character viewpoints. C/D are a continuation of the story and have to be played to even see where the game concludes.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »
I've heard each play through is shorter than the last, so I might try to finish up C before starting Persona 5.

For me, playthrough 2 was about as long, if not longer than 1. I really barreled through the first playthrough and did very few sidequests. Honestly it didn't even seem there were many side quests in the first playthrough but I could have just missed them. Going into playthrough 2 it felt like a ton of stuff suddenly opened up and I spend like 3-4 hours just doing sidequests.

I finished all 5 main endings in about 23 hours, but I didn't do all of the side content.
nat

« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2017, 03:31:34 PM »

For me, playthrough 2 was about as long, if not longer than 1. I really barreled through the first playthrough and did very few sidequests. Honestly it didn't even seem there were many side quests in the first playthrough but I could have just missed them. Going into playthrough 2 it felt like a ton of stuff suddenly opened up and I spend like 3-4 hours just doing sidequests.

I finished all 5 main endings in about 23 hours, but I didn't do all of the side content.

I did a few sidequests during A, but didn't do a single one during B. Cause I don't care.

I really liked the added exposition during B.
野球

Rahxephon91

« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2017, 03:41:12 PM »
The whole point is that you're not supposed to know...
Know what?

That there's more to the game?

The game tells you.

And sadly the don't take anything at face value reveal thing both Nier games do doesn't work this time since the whole multiple endings shtick is known and getting a little old. Or rather I think it doesn't work because this time they aren't really endings. They are the complete game. The other games all used it to change the story or change your perspective. What's this game really use it for beyond "oh because the other games did it".

Sure route B works similar to the Nier 1's route B, but again unlike Nier route B it ends with a clear "hey the end half of the story is around the corner" feeling and literal preview.

And unlike Nier 1. Ending A is in no way close to be satisfying. Nier Route A explains what's going on and is somewhat satisfying. The other routes really just build on that and expand the conflict. But it's not like you don't know the true nature of the shades, gestalts, replicants, and The Shadowlord in ending A. You just get a much better appreciation  for those concepts in the other routes.

In Automata ending A happens before anything really happens in the story. If anything A and B feel more like set up that doesn't pay off unless you continue which you most certainly have to. The structure feels like it's there for the sake of it. It doesn't feel very clever this time.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 03:48:08 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2017, 04:02:07 PM »
I don't mean to say the game isn't clever or good. It certainly is but I guess I don't have same response.

My response wasn't "oh this is clever, it's subverting the first Nier and continuing the story". I mean there's also the fact that I think they are making fun of the ending stuff since there's a lot of them thanks to small dumb things. Rather I guess my reaction was "this is kind of dumb, why even do it this time then".

That's just me.

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #166 on: April 05, 2017, 01:20:32 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2017, 01:34:08 AM »
https://twitter.com/johntv/status/849420533775048704

That's pretty much a first-day purchase for TheBore, home of nouveau-homo.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2017, 09:42:09 AM »
Sounds pretty haute, nouveau homo.
©@©™

« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2017, 02:52:36 PM »
I think I'm close to finishing up the main storyline? Just got
got the Devola and Popola "text adventure" segement.
[close]

Damn good game. Curious how they'll finish it up.
野球

FatalT

« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2017, 08:41:01 PM »
I'm forcing myself to play through this before playing anymore of Persona 5. Working on Route C now!

« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2017, 12:16:37 AM »
Got Ending E late last night. That was really amazing.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2017, 09:20:30 AM »
DLC is coming.  The first batch includes Nier costumes, three new quests, and a colosseum with new bosses to fight.

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/nier-automata-original-nier-costumes-colosseum-dlc-set-announced

The downloadable content, titled “3C3C1D119440927,” will launch on May 2 for 1,500 yen in Japan and is “coming soon” in North America and Europe. It will include three new colosseums to challenge, plus additional sub-quests. Upon completion of these quests, players can earn various rewards, including:

Costumes from the previous Japanese release, NieR: Replicant, for androids 2B, 9S and A2
        “Revealing Outfit” (in the style of Kaine) for 2B
        “Young Man’s Outfit” (in the style of young Nier) for 9S
        “Destroyer Outfit” (in the style of young adult Nier) for A2
    Records that add special music tracks to the players’ jukebox
    New equipment and cosmetic accessories such as hairspray that allows you to change the color of 2B and A2’s hair
    Masks with unique “on equip” effects
    Special bullets that change the appearance of enemy bullets

Enemies confirmed to appear in the Colosseum include Square Enix president and CEO Yosuke Matsuda, and Platinum Games president and CEO Kenichi Sato. Defeating them will get you significantly good items.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2017, 09:35:49 AM »
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: April 17, 2017, 12:01:10 PM »
Sounds pretty boring, but I guess it's hard to offer substantive DLC when the game encourages you to
delete your save after beating it.  :lol
[close]
©@©™

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2017, 12:01:58 PM »
Sounds pretty boring, but I guess it's hard to offer substantive DLC when the game encourages you to
delete your save after beating it.  :lol
[close]

Right, I had to skim through the video. I guess the DLC skirts around that then? Standalone?
nat

Bebpo

« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2017, 02:47:34 AM »
Got back to this after beating Zelda and RE7, finished ending A tonight and was kinda weird.  I thought location/story-wise it felt like about the halfway point and Adam/Eve were the half-way antagonists, but then it ended.  Took me a little under 9 hours.

Started the 2nd playthrough and its ok, seems less interesting than Nier's second playthrough since most of the game (just finished the desert section and besides 1 new cutscene, it was exactly the same) is 100% identical and 9s isn't as fun to play as since he doesn't have the heavy sword attack.  Since the game is so short I'll just speedrun through this 2nd playthrough regardless.  Since the first run took me 9 hours and that was exploring and doing quests, I figure I can probably speedrun it in ~4-5 hours on subsequent runs.

But yeah, if there are multiple playthroughs that add more stuff, but generally that's it for locations/stages...I'm kinda disappointed.  It reminds me of MGR which I also was disappointed in its 4 hour length.  The world in the first playthrough is pretty tiny, with only like 5 stages (Intro, Desert, Carnival, Forest castle, smal flooded bit, and copy & pasta Factory) and a couple towns.  Compared to Nier 1 which wasn't giant either, it feels a bit lacking in size/scope.  Nier 1 felt like a proper rpg world.  Can Platinum not make bigger games?  Even my first run through Nier 1 going at speedrun style ignoring all the quests after boar riding, it still took 15+ hours and then another 5+ for new game+

The combat is good, but not great.  Reminds me of most of Platinum's non-Kamiya games.  It's fairly shallow and just revolves around hitting the dodge button when the enemy flashes and otherwise stringing out a few combos.  The move lists are really tiny, and there aren't many abilities.  Heavy swords seem just too slow in this game to be fun, so I mainly stuck with small swords/spears first playthrough.  Fists are cool too and I'll use them if I get them upgraded to be strong enough to match the other weapons.  It's no Bayonetta or any other character action game, but it's perfectly acceptable for arpg combat (compared to stuff like Ys) and fun.

Music was great, visuals were great.  Story is short, but good so far.  I'm hoping subsequent playthroughs make the story a bit more interesting, fleshed out and well connected to Nier 1.  I really liked Nier 1's story and how it connected to Drakenguard, so hoping the timeline/lore is as fleshed out in this game.

Even if Ending A was it, I'd still like the game a lot.  It's a good game.  Leading up to the ending when I thought I was only halfway I thought it could be a GoTY type game, and everything I wanted in a Nier sequel.  As of now it's not that, it's an ok Nier game at this point and a good 8/10 arpg.  Hopefully the subsequent playthroughs improve the game.

So then, how many times do I need to replay the game outside ending-only changes?  For example, in Nier 1, you only need to play the game twice for endings A/B, then you can just watch endings C/D on youtube since the actual playthrough is 100% identical to your 2nd playthrough from 3rd onwards and the only change is the couple minute ending.  I'm guessing since Nier Automata has 3 characters, there's three unique playthroughs and then a bunch of ending variations? 

Also, eventually does the game end up explaining everything that happened between Nier 1 -> Nier Automata?  I have some theories, so I'm hoping I get to see if they're right or wrong.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:09:12 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2017, 02:58:54 AM »
Ok, read the posts in the thread about how A/B indentical and then C/D continuation and E is the end for 5 runs.

Seems kinda...padding/lame?  That it forces you to run through the entire game again in route B and it's mostly identical just to get to the 2nd half of the story.  Bravely Default kinda thing except at least you can speed run it in 4-5 hours probably.

Ok, well I'll get through B as fast as I can and look forward to C.  If D is the same as C then I'll speedrun through that too to get to E.  Just feels like the game is wasting my time in playthrough B since I gotta play the whole game again with a shittier character and a few changes.  Nier 1 changed every other line in the game on new game+ route B since the enemies didn't have voices but then they all did + added cutscenes & story.  I enjoyed it a lot because it was a very different run.  Would've liked B in Nier Automata to be different to that degree. 

Also I disagree with Rhax saying they shouldn't be called new game+, new game++ routes, but just additional chapters in the main game story because of all that.  If it was A->C sure, but since you gotta replay the entire game again in B, it's definitely a new game+ and another run.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2017, 03:05:13 AM »
I don't consider playing with a new character and seeing diffrent angels and senerios as playing the same game again. Especially since 9S doesn't play exactly like 2B.

Bebpo

« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2017, 03:07:27 AM »
I don't consider playing with a new character and seeing diffrent angels and senerios as playing the same game again. Especially since 9S doesn't play exactly like 2B.

Well, hopefully there are more "different angles" because there was for the intro bit (which I generally liked), but then the desert bit was identical outside a single cutscene you got halfway.  Not a line difference otherwise.  I can see everything after the flooded city diverging, but I'm guessing the carnival and forest is gonna be mostly the same next.  Also I wish I was just playing as 2B since 9S is worse for combat and now the combat is half as fun with very limited movesets thanks to only 1 attack button.  Shouldn't he have like better ranged attacks or something to make up for it?  The hacking is pointless since it takes longer to do the hack -> mini-game than to just kill the enemy with combat.