Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1413816 times)

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #1200 on: April 28, 2017, 10:26:00 PM »
I just think it's dumb for girls to care so much, especially because of that Tinder stuff Atra wrote. Nothing wrong with being tall though, or shorter anyway. Having preferences is fine, but having height  requirements is shallow.

I don't get it too, but I've replied to profiles like that and made the most of fulfilling the height requirement (ditto for race) so I'm not going to try and take the moral . . . high ground now.
If it works for you, you might as well go all the way. ┐(´~`)┌

How does it work if you're tall as fuck, and have sex with a tiny 4'11" girl btw? Does the dick go in and come out of her mouth?

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1201 on: April 28, 2017, 10:42:29 PM »
Girls prefer height because they don't have self-assurance. Don't date a girl like that?

I just think it's dumb for girls to care so much, especially because of that Tinder stuff Atra wrote. Nothing wrong with being tall though, or shorter anyway. Having preferences is fine, but having height  requirements is shallow.

I don't get it too, but I've replied to profiles like that and made the most of fulfilling the height requirement (ditto for race) so I'm not going to try and take the moral . . . high ground now.
If it works for you, you might as well go all the way. ┐(´~`)┌

How does it work if you're tall as fuck, and have sex with a tiny 4'11" girl btw? Does the dick go in and come out of her mouth?

Short girls have normal vajayjanes....one foot or more difference and you'll only be eating ass during 69 tho.  :shaq2

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1202 on: April 28, 2017, 11:51:01 PM »
Maybe there's something to that though.  When all you get is rejection it can be soulcrushing. Maybe at some point you have to just fucking give up, roll with whatever comes, and otherwise just shrug and sleepwalk through your life until something just falls out of the sky with a bow on it... or doesn't.

I can definitely say I'm in that school of thought for the most part. I'm close to pushing another decade: No degree, no job advancement despite spending years in this job, no career prospects to jump to another one. Relationships are a dice-y subject for me. I've sleepwalked through the past few years of this job hoping something would happen and maybe I'd be able to kick-start the rest of my life. But nope.

I don't think "sleepwalking" for Rah will work. Especially with his high-standards. He needs to find someone way below his "league" to start feeling good and finding what he prefers in relationships more than anything. It's the only way to knock that "sleepwalk" off.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:57:28 PM by thisismyusername »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1203 on: April 29, 2017, 12:28:00 AM »
I really don't know how to prove this to you, but I really don't have high standards. I have preferences obviously, but you make it sound like it's Scar Jo quality or no. I may be a bit more specific and narrow minded look wise. Personality wise I have no idea. Probably someone who is really bossy, independent, willing to call you out on your shit, and focused. Which I guess is what the male is supposed to be, but I'm not.

I mean I don't want to broadcast it in a public forum, but I mean I could show you the kind of girls I've been matched with on Tinder and haven't been into and girls I know that I find attractive and then maybe you can tell me if I have high standards.

And well, "sleep walking" is'nt really going to do anything for me right now. I've sleepwalked through life now and well I guess I did pretty good for myself without ever really applying myself. I guess I need to, but the problem is I never picked up the skills and knowledge to do so in this area. Maybe thats why I'm having hangups that I think I probably should have gotten over during high school or early college. Friendzone and general knowing how to interact with women are stuff I feel I should have figured out a few years ago.

But I can't say I find the idea of finding someone "bellow my league" to boost my confidence. Maybe the problem is that I'm trying to "skip" steps and quickly find someone I genuinely like because I feel like I've "missed" stuff and thats a terrible idea. I just don't want to maybe waste time.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:35:05 AM by Rahxephon91 »

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #1204 on: April 29, 2017, 01:09:14 AM »
Only 5'9"  :crybaby

Same, but:

A. From time to time, when I come across a true manlet, at 5-5 or less, I feel okay about my situation. It could be so much worse.
B. When it comes to dating, your target audience is all that matters. So some girls only date tall dudes? That's fine, they're not my demographic. Why feel bad about things that are beyond your control? Suck it up and move tf on.

Bebpo

« Reply #1205 on: April 29, 2017, 03:33:50 AM »
5'10" is pretty tall! 

I'm 5'4", height definitely has an effect.  I'm pretty sure if I was 5'10" or taller I'd be 10 years married with kids and a total different life at this point.  But those are the cards your dealt.  Some people are born ugly, some guys are born short, eh, life goes on.

But yeah, with my height, to even get a first date with someone, I pretty much have to be at my A++ best all the time and give hundreds of people a message over months.  Generally, no one wants to go out with a guy < 5'5; on something like Tinder I'll go weeks without anyone matching.

imo, short guys usually work hard and put extra effort in because they have to prove themselves constantly.  I see guys shorter than me at like 5'3" or 5'2" and 9 out of 10 times they're amazingly well dressed, well groomed and look confident.  Whereas like 7 out of 10 people I see 6' and over are walking around in a wife beater, balding and half asleep. 

Bebpo

« Reply #1206 on: April 29, 2017, 03:49:20 AM »
Well, when people are like how is a decent looking dude, whose pretty chill good guy and a lawyer single?  There's your answer. It's actually a combination of the height plus extreme shyness/social anxiety, but the combination is killer for a dating buzz-kill.  Only been on 2 dates this year so far in 5 months, but I'm ok with it.  If I try to force dating/relationships by concentrating on it, I get burned out/depressed at the lack of any connections usually, so after concentrating on dating for 3-4 months at the start of the year I'm back to not focusing on meeting people and if it happens, it happens.  I'd rather be happy and enjoy my life than be looking to meet people and down when I don't meet people.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1207 on: April 29, 2017, 04:02:03 AM »
I think I'm 5'7 and really skinny, balding, and well I'm an ethnically ambiguous brown person with a big shinny forehead and crappy hair.

It's not pulling in the hotties.

I don't know I'm sorry, you guys put up with a lot of my shit and I appreciate it. I'm just an angry guy and very bitter and I don't know how to escape that. I can't find the confidence I need and every time I start to feel better I do precvie something or do something that lands me back into the Atticus where I see myself as shit and I can never escape that.

Puppy and even Jaydabuya are right on an aspect where I don't know where to gain confidence but at the same time I think if I were to find someone who did accept me I think it would cure me. Well I disagree with Puppy in that I do think like Jay it would certainly help and be a boost, but I don't share Jay's complete cynical view. In my everyday life I can't help but love the people I like even if some of them don't have those feelings. It hurts me but I can't simply dislike them for that. No matter how bitter I am.

I just thought I was in love with this girl(the Mexican friend, I've talked about her before) and at some points she at least seemed open. Maybe I just wanted to see it that way and she never did, but I've never gotten so much postive feedback from a girl or others in my life and I just found everything about her attractive. But obviously she doesn't share those feelings and it's just driving me insane because it hurts and no I don't want to make her like me, I'm not that kind of douchebag. It just feeds my complete negative logic that I like to use an excuse for everything. It sucks but no matter what I just find reasons to be like that.

Man I know I sound shitty right now and I am, it's just mad everything in my life seems really shitty. Work, home, school, love, whatever. It all feels like things I've never been able to come to grips with and grow into and now they are all collapsing at the same time and I don't have the maturity or know how to handle any of them and so I just become even angrier.

Yes I know seek help, is what I need to do. But I've always been too much of a proud idiot to do that. So I come on here to spread my misery and seem like a shitty person and hopefully be treated like one so it confirms it for me and I don't know I just feel like I'm falling apart these days. Like I really do feel like I would be better off being a hermit so I would never feel like this again, but you know I can't do that. I love people too much.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1208 on: April 29, 2017, 05:22:43 AM »
There is no shame in seeking help. It might sound scary, but it honestly isn't that big of a deal, because it's way more common than you can imagine. You will feel more proud of yourself after it, and wish you had done it sooner. I wouldn't have been here today if I hadn't finally stepped up and talked to a professional. And I'm quite sure I'm not alone on that experience, even on such a small forum.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1209 on: April 29, 2017, 01:02:20 PM »

Some positions become way more trouble than they're worth.

It's a safe assumption that someone who actually wants that kind of height discrepancy either doesn't think about sex as a spectrum or has an extreme fetish.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1210 on: April 29, 2017, 01:04:02 PM »
Also, JW, sorry that you're going through a rough patch in your marriage.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1211 on: April 29, 2017, 01:10:01 PM »
I'm 5' 7"
I've heard variant of, "Puppy, you're funny, brilliant, sweet. It's too bad you're not taller, cause I'd be all over you."....several times. :brazilcry
que

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1212 on: April 29, 2017, 01:41:36 PM »
I'm 5' 7"
I've heard variant of, "Puppy, you're funny, brilliant, sweet. It's too bad you're not taller, cause I'd be all over you."....several times. :brazilcry
Damn, that's cold. :( But see it as bullets dodged.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1213 on: April 29, 2017, 02:38:50 PM »
I'm 5'11.  I don't get asked much about my height because I'm taller than guys who claim to be 6'.  I mentioned it before here but some guy was ready to fight me IRL because he claimed to be 6'1 and I was at least an inch taller than him.  He probably convinced himself that he really was 6'1 and here I said I was 5'11 and apparently it was close to breaking his brain.  Was pretty funny in hindsight.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

« Reply #1214 on: April 29, 2017, 03:07:44 PM »
Yeah I've had many people tell me I don't look 5'4 and others say I should tell people I'm 5'5 or 5'6.
I think people's perception of height is skewed because so many people fib the truth a bit.

Like I met someone at a meetup a few weeks ago, I thought it was cute that she was shorter than me.  If I had to guess I'd say 5'3.  A week later I saw her on a dating site (and messaged her) and her profile said she was 5'5.  Was kinda of odd, because I definitely was taller.

El Babua

« Reply #1215 on: April 29, 2017, 03:21:04 PM »
I think dudes claiming an extra 1 or 2 inches is pretty common.

And I'm not just talking height either. :shaq

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1216 on: April 29, 2017, 03:29:17 PM »
6'3 gang
:rejoice

:umad :umad :umad

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1218 on: April 29, 2017, 06:50:40 PM »
Whops, it turns out I'm taller than most of you.

I'm almost 5'10", and 6ft+ in heels. My husband is 5'6" or 5'7" (I don't speak no Americano) and says he loves the height difference, especially when I wear high heels. Maybe he has a gigantism fetish. :lol

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #1219 on: April 29, 2017, 07:43:52 PM »

I'm almost 5'10", and 6ft+ in heels. My husband is 5'6" or 5'7" (I don't speak no Americano) and says he loves the height difference, especially when I wear high heels. Maybe he has a gigantism fetish. :lol

wow.

Well then.  That is cool, but definitely not the norm.  :lol   ;)
MMA

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1220 on: April 30, 2017, 05:40:43 PM »
I invited the cute brunette I mentioned a few weeks ago to the Sakura Matsuri this weekend, she said that she had other plans, but really likes hanging out with me but just got out of a long relationship and isn't sure what she wants now... I didn't really know how to respond to that so I just wrote that I like hanging out with her too. Safe to say that this isn't going anywhere?

Date I went on Friday was a nice, shy girl but her teeth were pretty crooked  :-\

Just gonna keep looking. I mean there's the fluent Japanese speaker girl but she has a lot of family issues which I don't know if I want to deal with at this moment.
^_^

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1221 on: April 30, 2017, 05:57:22 PM »

That must make for perfect stand up sex. Amazing.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1222 on: April 30, 2017, 08:11:18 PM »
Made myself a "Chad-esque" tinder profile to see how many "Staceys" I can match with.

It's for science.  :doge

Kara

« Reply #1223 on: April 30, 2017, 11:24:05 PM »

I have a soft (hard?) spot for Secret Six era Giganta. :noah

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1224 on: May 01, 2017, 01:41:35 AM »
6'0 here.
püp

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1225 on: May 01, 2017, 02:57:43 AM »
Cervix Killer

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #1226 on: May 01, 2017, 02:11:11 PM »
I'm 6 even and my wife is 5'4". Looks like her height deficiency is rubbing off on my 16 year old as my 13 year old is now taller than her.  :-\
©ZH

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1227 on: May 01, 2017, 02:52:48 PM »
Lol @ listing ones height "in shoes" you cray

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1228 on: May 01, 2017, 03:03:13 PM »
 :confused you gonna fuck with them shoes on?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1229 on: May 01, 2017, 04:47:00 PM »
:confused you gonna fuck with them shoes on?

only chucks when I fucks  :rash
püp

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1230 on: May 01, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »
6'2" and life is on easy mode for me

spoiler (click to show/hide)
middle aged and doughy threw away a gift from god
[close]
rub

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1231 on: May 02, 2017, 12:24:23 AM »
Kara and zomgee, check PMs.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1232 on: May 02, 2017, 11:23:45 AM »
It's for science.  :doge

Don't bullshit a bullshitter, dude.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1233 on: May 02, 2017, 11:31:05 AM »
I'm making this post to remind myself that by this time next year I'll find myself in a good and stable, meaningful relationship. On 12/27/2017 this post will be quoted for either a W on achieving my goal or a massive L.

Just wanted to add a subplot nobody cares about to this season.

:rofl

Pretty much at the "No woman would want to put up with my bullshit" phase of soul crushing dating in the digital age. I think I should probably not even think, or try not to, about a relationship or hook ups because this fucking sucks. Especially in the deserted wasteland that is Saudi(all the best girls my age or younger GTFO and stayed the fuck out). All that's left is very arabic women who expect marriage, or very islamic women who want marriage, and that's the type of bullshit I'm not putting up with. That leaves me with random western chicks which is the most YMMV situation in a place like this considering they don't want to be caught doing shit nor are they ready to risk possibly getting raped and blamed for it.

Sigh, I've been living like a hermit but don't really want to anymore. I blame myself for wasting time on my ex who was never worth it, and believing family when they said they needed help. Guess I have to resign myself to the realization that I won't be in a good dating situation till I'm very far in my late twenties, which then has the baggage of being single and 30 not too long after. Fuck me, I wouldn't be bitching this much if I could cruise bars for the occasional lay.

tl;dr
Saudi Arabia sucks, Islam sucks, internet dating sucks.

That sucks. Can you go to Dubai or something?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1234 on: May 02, 2017, 12:44:28 PM »
This is when you put blinders on and just say fuck it man. If you gotta be a hermit then be the best god damn well read hobby focused hermit ever. Things change. Nothing is forever. It's calm. Drown in the maelstrom that is your head. Bless up.

nudemacusers

« Reply #1235 on: May 02, 2017, 12:49:56 PM »
When u compensate for ur 5'9" height by being beautiful :rejoice
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1236 on: May 02, 2017, 01:00:27 PM »
Wrath, head to the Gold Souk in Dubai while pretending to be interesting in some gaudy jewelry to attract and then bang some sluts. 

At least Dubai has some bomb ass restaurants.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1237 on: May 02, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »
On the bright side, since he's Saudi he won't be imprisoned in their jails or made a slave like us white folks, r-right?

Kara

« Reply #1238 on: May 02, 2017, 09:30:42 PM »
I feel like moving from where you're from in Saudi to Bahrain with your name is a graduation from self-flagellation to self-ownage, Z.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #1239 on: May 04, 2017, 11:20:50 PM »
I dumped a nurse last year because she liked Disney way too much
dur

thisismyusername

« Reply #1240 on: May 05, 2017, 12:24:53 AM »
This is mostly for Kaffir, provided he hasn't wandered off the boards again:

http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2016/06/02/steven-spohn-i-am-not-your-plot-device/

(Related to the PM conversation we're having)

thisismyusername

« Reply #1241 on: May 05, 2017, 10:42:04 AM »
Literally two minutes on Grindr (to browse around and see what the selection is right) and I get an unsolicited dick pic from a guy with no profile information.

Me: ":confused Does that really work for you? With no profile? REALLY?"

thisismyusername

« Reply #1242 on: May 05, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »
The thing is: I don't have a profile set-up either (again, just looking at the app to browse and stuff) and I get it. It's like "really?"

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1243 on: May 05, 2017, 04:03:58 PM »
I wasn't ready for Hispanic ting drama
 :brazilcry

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1244 on: May 05, 2017, 04:59:20 PM »
Assuming their eventual success, there can't BE a fun way.

:jawalrus

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1245 on: May 05, 2017, 11:31:21 PM »
Unprompted, she told me she feels safe and happy around me, then proceeded to tell me her life story including some past abuse I wish I didn't know about now. So I'm starting to think our "oh yea I don't want a relationship either, I just want to chill and have fun" arrangement (no Kara) is over. I'm not looking for a real relationship, I just want to kick it with a chick.
:tocry

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1246 on: May 06, 2017, 12:26:58 AM »
nevermind

top of page and nonsensical
rub

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1247 on: May 06, 2017, 09:25:45 AM »
Unprompted, she told me she feels safe and happy around me, then proceeded to tell me her life story including some past abuse I wish I didn't know about now. So I'm starting to think our "oh yea I don't want a relationship either, I just want to chill and have fun" arrangement (no Kara) is over. I'm not looking for a real relationship, I just want to kick it with a chick.
:tocry
Good thing that you can just cut things off and never have to see her again...oh wait. :neogaf
que

Beezy

« Reply #1248 on: May 07, 2017, 07:58:52 PM »
You guys mind telling stories about when you had to break up with someone? I'm asking because I've never been in a situation until now where I needed to end a relationship. I feel bad about it because I don't dislike her and usually have a good time with her, but I know I'll never actually love her either.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1249 on: May 07, 2017, 08:29:52 PM »
When I broke up with my boyfriend, it was super hard because he was a really nice guy, I just didn't love him anymore + our relationship was very rocky. So I tried to do the whole "let's stay friends" thing to spare his feelings. Did not work out long. It veeery rarely works out. He thought there was a chance we'd get back together so he kept licking ass (metaphorically), but I had absolutely no intentions of it. I wish I were more straight forward about things.

Beezy

« Reply #1250 on: May 07, 2017, 09:11:21 PM »
Did you break up in person or over the phone?

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #1251 on: May 07, 2017, 09:28:33 PM »
If you care about this person at all don't do it over the phone.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1252 on: May 07, 2017, 09:33:27 PM »
Yeah please don't be a coward about this. Barring something crazy like high risk of serious injury if you've been inside someone you owe it to say it to their face.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1253 on: May 07, 2017, 09:50:11 PM »
Play it cool - like boop her gently on the nose with you index finger and a soft smile and say 'I'm out', walk out, then just don't respond to her texts. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #1254 on: May 07, 2017, 09:51:45 PM »
Or if you are really smooth, do the above over the phone and paint the scene with your words to her. 

king of the internet

• 🚽
« Reply #1255 on: May 07, 2017, 10:34:24 PM »
Breaking up with someone is hard af but it's one of those things you just have to force yourself to do. No hesitation, delaying will only make things worse. Take Old Yeller out back behind the barn and blast that fucker. :yeshrug

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1256 on: May 08, 2017, 03:05:24 AM »
Always break up in person. Be prepared to dodge and weave. Be honest with yourself, and as honest as you can be with them – pain you cause them may make it easier for them to move on.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1257 on: May 08, 2017, 09:03:29 AM »
Is she Jamaican? If so do it over the phone so you don't get killed.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1258 on: May 08, 2017, 12:31:17 PM »
Even if she asks, don't get into specifics about why.  Stick with general shit.  Getting into specific why issues only leads to one of two paths: A) I can fix myself for you or B) You're an asshole and here's what's wrong with you. 

etiolate

« Reply #1259 on: May 08, 2017, 01:03:33 PM »
No, explain why. Not explaining why is fucked up.