Author Topic: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011  (Read 1414019 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: RELATIONSHIPS: helping wizards deplete their mana since 2011
« Reply #1320 on: May 13, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »
Just steadily continuing to go. I got a new haircut which I think actually worked out great and was a nice boon to my confidence. I was like I really want to try a new style and actually be pro active in that area. I like it...

But then last night I fucked up big time with my group and well there's no going back and it's just I'm a really shitty person and it's never been my looks that kept me back. Sure because of them maybe I had no faith in myself, but it's just my extreme toxic inscucurity that has just ruined me. Seriously fucked me hp and I just don't know how to fix it and it's really damaged me. It's damaged my friends and it really damaged me with someone I actually really cared about. There's. O fixing that situation and right now I'm looking to get away from it.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1321 on: May 14, 2017, 12:05:00 AM »
@Rah: I'm not saying you're 100% that reddit comment, but it's the vibe you gave off months ago. You going to the gym and wanting to change your vibe is a good first step so you're not 1-foot-in the incel thing. Keep going.

How I'm feeling right now (and yes this is relationship related):

(Image removed from quote.)

Update for Wrath: Mindgame is just that, mindgame. There's still drama in regards to schedule, but all systems go. :-[ At least the only thing I have mind-gaming now is crushing depression-anxiety (and one of those has jumped out the window over the past two days).

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1322 on: May 17, 2017, 08:37:54 PM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1323 on: May 18, 2017, 10:21:32 PM »
Went out with a Ukranian girl tonight, she was pretty nice but didn't really pick up any vibes from her. She checks off all the boxes for me but I dunno how into me she was (I'm autistic-level at picking up signals). She's going to Italy next week but I told her I'd like to see her when she gets back, so we'll see. Also been talking to some cute Jewish redhead BBW who plays Japanese dating sims. She's from Massapequa (famous for being the home of Jerry Seinfeld) and I know of a great gastropub there to take her to, so I'll try to set something up for next week.

But I dunno, I was a bit down today since a friend of mine I found out still talks to my ex, and him and his wife want to invite my ex and her bf (!?!?!) to a party and wanted to know if I'd be OK with that. I was like "uhh, no, I don't really want to see her". Also a bit upset that she managed to pair up and I'm still stuck in dating limbo where nothing seems to be clicking.

I also purchased my first anime statue so I'm just about to throw in the towel :uguu
^_^

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1324 on: May 19, 2017, 12:28:58 AM »
what statue was it

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #1325 on: May 19, 2017, 01:18:54 AM »
East Slavic ice queens. :lawd

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1326 on: May 19, 2017, 07:05:52 AM »
what statue was it

This one, pretty g-rated as far as animu statues go:

^_^

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1327 on: May 19, 2017, 10:11:41 AM »
can you see her pantsu? Asking for academic purposes of course.
que

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1328 on: May 19, 2017, 06:17:40 PM »
Saw this and felt like it would be good to post here:

Awww.  :uguu

Someday I'll find the Hila to my Ethan.  :noah

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1329 on: May 20, 2017, 06:43:00 PM »
A while back I went to a pub and met a girl who worked at the NYC Holocaust Museum. Short chubby blonde with curly hair, looks wise EXACTLY what I'm into. Too bad she never responded when I texted her :(

can you see her pantsu? Asking for academic purposes of course.

Well, since you asked, I decided to verify. Yeah there's pantsu if you look up the skirt. :uguu
^_^

thisismyusername

« Reply #1330 on: May 21, 2017, 11:35:23 PM »
WTF is "wild man" supposed to mean? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1331 on: May 21, 2017, 11:48:20 PM »
:confused
que

thisismyusername

« Reply #1332 on: May 22, 2017, 06:47:10 AM »
:confused

Wrong tab, but it's semi-relevant. Sometime told me "he wants to tame you" and I'm like :confused "I don't think that's what he meant by his joke comment." :doge

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1333 on: May 23, 2017, 08:49:24 PM »
So after buying my :uguu statue and joking that I've effectively 'given up', a girl named Rita (seriously!) messages me. And she's pretty cute too.

Also got a date tomorrow with a BBW Jewish redhead who does promotions for a nonprofit, and possibly one with a skinny brunette photographer this weekend.
^_^

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1334 on: May 23, 2017, 10:17:47 PM »
So I had a long sit down conversation with my Mexican friend, pretty much about everything.

In the end well it's not going to happen, which is something I mean I always knew.

But this person is my friend. During the recent incident I mean she reached out like honestly no one else.

While it hurts and is disappointing, I'm not mad or anything. I've come a long way from thinking it won't happen because I'm not muscular enough or not good looking enough or whatever. At this point it's really because we don't connect on that level. Not enough in common or just not at that level and well I understand that as much as I can it still sucks.

She is a good person and I really want her in my life. She really was one of the first people way outside of my general type of person to really see me as someone who you'd want to be around. I never thought a girl like her would want to hang out with me and she does and thats a good feeling. Right now it hurts because she doesn't want more, but our conversation was beyond simple oh it doesnt happen because you're not good enough. And I guess thats something to take solace in.

I don't know what I do now. Hopefully, someone will come a long but I mean at least I've grown from this.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:53:50 PM by Rahxephon91 »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1335 on: May 23, 2017, 10:43:46 PM »
So I had a long sit down conversation with my Mexican friend, pretty much about everything.

In the end well it's not going to happen, which is something I mean I always knew.

But this person is my friend. During the recent incident I mean she reached out like honestly no one else.

While it hurts and is disappointing, I'm not mad or anything. I've come a long way from thinking it won't happen because I'm not muscular enough or not good looking enough or whatever. At this point it's really because we don't connect on that level. Not enough in common or just not at that level and well I understand that as much as it sucks.

She is a good person and I really want her in my life. She really was one of the first people way outside of my general type of person to really see me as someone who you'd want to be around. I never thought a girl like her would want to hang out with me and she does and thats a good feeling. Right now it hurts because she doesn't want more, but our conversation was beyond simple oh it doesnt happen because you're not good enough. And I guess thats something to take solace in.

I don't know what I do now. Hopefully, someone will come a long but I mean at least I've grown from this.

This post is so much more realistic than many of your previous ones, it is both inducing both happiness and relief.

You've just been through a very traumatic sequence of events which are a result of an unhealthy state of mind. You /know/ on some level that you'll need to work on yourself before you can be a good partner to someone else. The fact that she's been active in helping you should be a huge beacon of hope that you're not alone. Even if you were alone, you'd still be a person worthy of love. For now, you are recognizing how much support you have to face the problems in front of you, and that is a good place to be.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1336 on: May 24, 2017, 02:51:09 AM »

While it hurts and is disappointing, I'm not mad or anything. I've come a long way from thinking it won't happen because I'm not muscular enough or not good looking enough or whatever. At this point it's really because we don't connect on that level. Not enough in common or just not at that level and well I understand that as much as I can it still sucks.

Then it's a success. Might not feel like it now. But trust me. It's a raging success.
que

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1337 on: May 24, 2017, 03:51:37 AM »

Sounds like a great friend. Cherish and nurture that, and try to move on from other feelings (easier said than done blabla).

True close friends are more likely to bring more good in your life than attempts at relationships - the likeliness (likelihood? whatevs) of shit hitting the fan is that much lower.

etiolate

« Reply #1338 on: May 24, 2017, 06:06:38 AM »
Rahx

I don't think this is the best place to vent, but it's very good to vent some place.

If you can be a decent, good person, then that's all you can achieve. There is no grander, majestic version of yourself other than you as you are when you wake up and you as you are when you lay down your head upon a pillow. The same is true of every woman and man. We can only be the best of our parts.

I'd actually recommend you continue to interact with girls on a level that is non-romantic and see how much they are as begrudged unto themselves as any other.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has admired or loved you unconditionally as an adult and that is your trouble. If you need that to be recognized then I recognize it. It's tough to explain why you admire a painting that nobody else notices. Realize that admiration is done by accumulation and that every interaction is a part of that accumulation,

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1339 on: May 24, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
goddamn
rub

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #1340 on: May 24, 2017, 12:37:11 PM »
Finally came from a blowjob the other night  :aah

All other times has been from sex.  Mah girl is learning  :lawd
püp

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1341 on: May 24, 2017, 12:39:07 PM »
 :doge

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1342 on: May 24, 2017, 09:13:09 PM »
Went on a date today with the chubby Jewish girl. Really liked her, she was pretty geeky, and hey she was asking me if I knew about Ghost Trick, Professor Layton, and Corpse Party... though the date ended with a handshake which is never a good sign.  :-\
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1343 on: May 24, 2017, 09:34:21 PM »
though the date ended with a handshake which is never a good sign.  :-\

Sounds like you're at the plate with two strikes and no balls.

Better crush it on the next pitch.

The only thing I'm worse at than dating is sports :P
^_^

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1344 on: May 25, 2017, 02:58:28 AM »
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:57:48 PM by Valkyrie »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1345 on: May 25, 2017, 04:23:12 AM »
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:58:00 PM by Valkyrie »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #1346 on: May 25, 2017, 09:09:40 AM »
It's a pretty brave thing to get out, a lot of people just buckle in for unhappiness in that situation -- hope things get better for you!

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1347 on: May 25, 2017, 09:16:03 AM »
Sorry to hear that.

I'm great with kids btw.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1348 on: May 25, 2017, 09:35:27 AM »
Oh hey, why don't the Japanese breed more, how weird...

Hope everything goes well for you.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1349 on: May 25, 2017, 09:44:42 AM »
On the one hand I am sorry for the time and sadness, but on the other hand congratulations. You have a new adventure in your life approaching where you can find your own happiness.

It takes a lot of courage to do what you just did.
rub

thisismyusername

« Reply #1350 on: May 25, 2017, 10:37:16 AM »

Completely different from her situation. Like she posted, he saw it coming. And frankly (and I don't want to sound like an ass) maybe that's what he's wanted for a while. Who knows. It's best for her to leave Japan, though. It's clear the culture wasn't for her.

I dunno how they met, but moving to Japan seemed like the worst thing for her.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1351 on: May 25, 2017, 11:07:25 AM »
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:58:17 PM by Valkyrie »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1352 on: May 25, 2017, 12:24:36 PM »

Completely different from her situation.
Him leaving the house before they're awake and only returning once they're asleep and not being able to afford a daycare sound like big contributing factors and which is what my sarcasm was directed at. Seem plenty applicable.

Add unsupportive in-laws on top.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1353 on: May 25, 2017, 12:55:37 PM »
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:58:30 PM by Valkyrie »

etiolate

« Reply #1354 on: May 25, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »
I think the toughest problem you may face is how your kid starts feel about wanting to see their dad.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1355 on: May 25, 2017, 02:16:21 PM »
Maybe, probably. She'll be meeting him several times yearly, so it's not like he'll avoid us or we'll avoid him and never meet again. That would've been horrible. It should be fine, but it isn't something we can worry about right now.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1356 on: May 25, 2017, 02:53:13 PM »
Hope it's smoother sailing from here on

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1357 on: May 25, 2017, 06:15:31 PM »

Hope everything goes well for you.
Quote from: Butt
The whole gender inequality culture in Japan is disturbing.

These things are linked. With young people becoming more awake to gender equality, it may improve, but the insane work schedule here is so destructive to relationships, it is astonishing that no-one here is acting to change it.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1358 on: May 25, 2017, 08:59:11 PM »
Butt check yo PMs
que

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1359 on: May 26, 2017, 07:42:16 AM »
It's almost as if they like the idea of a waifu/husbando but the hard cold reality of relationships in meat space is that it's a lot of work & time dedicated to keeping things together.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
2D > 3D  :itagaki
[close]

chronovore

• relapsed dev

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1361 on: May 29, 2017, 01:46:01 PM »
Quick question - why do so many women on Match love to show pictures of them doing those mud runs, all covered in mud? As a neat freak with slight OCD that's disgusting :P
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #1362 on: May 29, 2017, 02:49:03 PM »
Butt, just caught up on this thread and that sounds like an incredible difficult situation, but it looks like you made the right decision and things will get better from this point out.

In my experience the 100% dependence on someone else is always going to be problematic no matter the country because it creates feelings like you described and also can create resentment. Like for me, a job is always a requirement for an SO not because the money, but because it's important that the other person is somewhat self-sufficient and can take care of the self.

Also about the work culture in Japan issue, when I met with Troidal he told me that after the 24 year old pop idol killed herself from overwork that it finally started the long change of the country admitting that overworking and work culture is a problem and that the nation is slowly beginning to make some changes to move away from the insane work culture. Whether that happens or not, who knows, but he seemed to think the last year or so was beginning to show some progress. Although yesterday I met with a Japanese woman I know who was visiting LA for a conference and she said her friend is overworking herself (and for a Japanese person to say that it must be bad) and even she was studying for some job field's entrance exam and I asked her if she'd seen any good movies and she said she hadn't seen a movie in a year because she doesn't have time with her work & studying and she'll watch movies after the test. She & her friend are in the Kyoto/Osaka area, so it sounds like things are still just as bad as ever in over-working/studying :\

thisismyusername

« Reply #1363 on: May 29, 2017, 04:52:58 PM »
Because they're trying to make sure they don't get messaged by a neat freak with OCD.

That or they're hinting they're into ass-play. :-*

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1364 on: May 29, 2017, 05:44:49 PM »
Butt, just caught up on this thread and that sounds like an incredible difficult situation, but it looks like you made the right decision and things will get better from this point out.

In my experience the 100% dependence on someone else is always going to be problematic no matter the country because it creates feelings like you described and also can create resentment. Like for me, a job is always a requirement for an SO not because the money, but because it's important that the other person is somewhat self-sufficient and can take care of the self.

Also about the work culture in Japan issue, when I met with Troidal he told me that after the 24 year old pop idol killed herself from overwork that it finally started the long change of the country admitting that overworking and work culture is a problem and that the nation is slowly beginning to make some changes to move away from the insane work culture. Whether that happens or not, who knows, but he seemed to think the last year or so was beginning to show some progress. Although yesterday I met with a Japanese woman I know who was visiting LA for a conference and she said her friend is overworking herself (and for a Japanese person to say that it must be bad) and even she was studying for some job field's entrance exam and I asked her if she'd seen any good movies and she said she hadn't seen a movie in a year because she doesn't have time with her work & studying and she'll watch movies after the test. She & her friend are in the Kyoto/Osaka area, so it sounds like things are still just as bad as ever in over-working/studying :\

I don't get it all, are Japanese people just really slow at work/study because they do everything very methodically? I mean the Swiss work 35 hour weeks and they still do  well in a commodity based economy.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #1365 on: May 29, 2017, 06:21:03 PM »

It's an endemic problem. The only way to avoid it is to not be in Japan. The most recent bandage I've seen applied is the "Premium Friday" movement, where Japanese are encouraged to get out and have a life on Friday evening, told to leave "early" (seems more like "on time") and go enjoy their Friday night. Businesses are benefiting from Happy Hour events and it's likely that having some decompression and social time before the weekend is helpful, will lead to less stress, and maybe even more new Japanese babies being made.

I don't get it all, are Japanese people just really slow at work/study because they do everything very methodically? I mean the Swiss work 35 hour weeks and they still do  well in a commodity based economy.
Despite their frequent claim that Japanese are superior to non-Japanese people, capable of longer life, greater health, more endurance, what-have-you, they're just human. There are studies which have proved that working in excess of 40 hours is increasingly inefficient. This is just as true here, despite the myth of Japanese superhumanity.

In many companies, the problem isn't that there's too much work, but that the perception of working one's share –including overtime– is more important than the actual amount of work accomplished. At my Nissan, my younger BIL worked from before 8AM until 11PM every day, though the last 3~4 hours of every day were just a butts-in-seats scenario in the office. Workers culturally cannot go home before their manager, and the manager wants to be seen to inspiring hard work. It's a kind of arms race, with the hours gradually increasing into ridiculous numbers. When Carlos Ghosn took over and re-vamped the company, he forced everyone to go home by 9PM by cutting off the power. It was said that ONLY a foreigner would be capable of making that kind of change.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1366 on: May 30, 2017, 03:34:54 AM »
Does anyone have friends with benefits experience or stories to tell?

With me, comes down to I do have feelings and love this person, but im not expecting serious or traditional commitment, other person basically feels the same.
OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1367 on: May 30, 2017, 03:58:58 AM »
No, but you should get out of that before you get hurt.

At this point I don't think you can be friends or even a bit more with someone who you have very strong feelings for when they don't.

That is my advice. That is what I am going through right now and all it has done is fuck me up no matter how many times I say I'm ok with it.

mormapope

« Reply #1368 on: May 30, 2017, 04:49:55 AM »
No, but you should get out of that before you get hurt.

At this point I don't think you can be friends or even a bit more with someone who you have very strong feelings for when they don't.

That is my advice. That is what I am going through right now and all it has done is fuck me up no matter how many times I say I'm ok with it.

Ive been completely open about my feelings and attraction with this person from the get go. We both have love for each other. I offered the idea to her and she said she'd think about it. Regardless of sex or intimacy, im commited to her as a friend.

Comes down to the emotional connection I have with this person outweighs all else. Regardless of my attraction, shes gonna have sex with people, same goes for me.

Im also not putting all of my sex eggs in this person's basket.

OH!

mormapope

« Reply #1369 on: May 30, 2017, 05:02:08 AM »
Also, developing strong feelings for a close friend, and those feelings not being mutual, should never be the end of a friendship outright. Does it hurt? Yeah, but if you genuinely love the person, the phase of pain will fade overtime.

I developed feelings for my best friend during highschool, who is a guy. Shit was painful and weird for a couple of weeks. It was weird mainly because I never expected to fall in love with a man. Ive been attracted to some men, but never considered anything romantic.

We only grew closer and closer as friends as time went on.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 05:11:15 AM by mormapope »
OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1370 on: May 30, 2017, 05:06:43 AM »
Well I wish I had your outlook, but at this point I can't really be around my friend and it would probably be better to end the friendship. I know this says more about my insecurity but it's too painful to be friends for me.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1371 on: May 30, 2017, 05:46:51 AM »
A cute, young Waffle House waitress complimented me on my beard this morning when I was picking up my usual cheesesteak omelet. She's usually the one that takes my order at 5am.

what-did-she-mean-by-this.jpeg

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #1372 on: May 30, 2017, 06:21:03 AM »
A cute, young Waffle House waitress complimented me on my beard this morning when I was picking up my usual cheesesteak omelet. She's usually the one that takes my order at 5am.

Don't go full Gaf on this, bro.
She wants the B

or the D
[close]
[close]

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #1373 on: May 30, 2017, 06:21:12 AM »
Does anyone have friends with benefits experience or stories to tell?

With me, comes down to I do have feelings and love this person, but im not expecting serious or traditional commitment, other person basically feels the same.
I've had a few. My wife and I started out that way. Most were pretty drama free, a couple ended when the girl got crazy. The one where I got crazy, we got married.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1374 on: May 30, 2017, 07:10:16 AM »

Don't go full Gaf on this, bro.
She wants the B

or the D
[close]
[close]
M'kay.

But I don't want to make things weird by asking her out and then she's like "thanks but no thanks". 

And then I won't be able to get cheesesteak omelets on Mondays or Tuesdays anymore. :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1375 on: May 30, 2017, 07:38:07 AM »
Friction is a necessary component of fornication.

thisismyusername

« Reply #1376 on: May 30, 2017, 08:18:43 AM »
Friction is a necessary component of fornication.

But more specifically: Don't fuck where you eat.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1377 on: May 30, 2017, 08:38:20 AM »
It also doesn't help that she looks like one of the girls I dated up in Asheville (the one that got raped 7 different times).  :doge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1378 on: May 30, 2017, 10:49:21 AM »
She asks if I feel different now after having sex for the first time and I told her "Totally. I feel like a whole new world has opened up for me." or something along those lines.
fat

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #1379 on: May 30, 2017, 10:51:57 AM »
 :stahp