Author Topic: SE Signs Deal That Will Waste Millions of Man Hours on Western Trash (SExMarvel)  (Read 12051 times)

213372bu

Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix announced today a multi-year, multi-game partnership, leading with the reveal of The Avengers project. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment.

It's been a minute since we got superhero games that aren't fighting or mobile. Can't wait to see something come from this.

Rahxephon91

Shit Nomura designed characters!

Take My Breh Away

I know Square are going to do something idiotic like pull IO Interactive off Hitman Season 3 for this initiative (S2 is already in production so too late to pull them off that). But when?

Also please god don't let any of their Japanese studios near it either.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
No Hawkeye or Black Widow gun/bow and arrow in this trailer. MCU status: Unconfirmed. :doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron

But I really want to see Thor vs Sephiroth in an updated Ehrgeiz engine !  :-\
ὕβρις

Rahxephon91

I know Square are going to do something idiotic like pull IO Interactive off Hitman Season 3 for this initiative (S2 is already in production so too late to pull them off that). But when?

I mean why would they when Crystal Dynamics is free. As is thier close partner Avalanche.  Maybe Square would like to work with Platnium again after Nier.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
I want Life is Strange: Ms. Marvel edition
WDW

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
announced way to early

bet none of these games ever come out
dur

Rahxephon91

announced way to early

bet none of these games ever come out
I bet you most of them do. Crystal Dynamics has been free from Tomb Raider for a while now.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 04:35:52 AM by chronovore »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
Not gonna lie, I’m pretty hyped for this game.  The open beta in 2 weeks is gonna determine if I pick it up day 1 though.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
So like this but with more zippers?
Hi

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
This capeshit prank has been going on long enough guys, it's not funny anymore...  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Deus Ex died for this, so all I can hope for is that Square Enix introduces Marvel characters to Kingdom Hearts and Disney fans have to pretend they enjoy heart to heart scenes between Goofy and Tony Stark about the difficulties of parenting.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
lmao Square Enox
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
I watched someone stream this and they looked absolutely miserable while playing.

10/10

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Title was ironic, but I really feel a disconnect from this game.

I’ll see how it plays out from afar, but from what I can tell there’s really basic combat and the core loop is just bumping your stats?

I’ll hold further judgement until I see more impressions from people who have played it.

The PS4 has an open beta this weekend. Might as well try it yourself.
Margs

Svejk

Everything about this deal is disgusting.  Screw The Avengers.  SE is needing to get someone on Deus Ex follow up FFS.  >:(  This is going to turn out worse that the EA/Star War train wreck.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Title was ironic, but I really feel a disconnect from this game.

I’ll see how it plays out from afar, but from what I can tell there’s really basic combat and the core loop is just bumping your stats?

I’ll hold further judgement until I see more impressions from people who have played it.

The PS4 has an open beta this weekend. Might as well try it yourself.

I might try it after seeing that there's more depth to the combat, but I don't really care much for this game's aesthetic and dunno about the GAAS/grind gameplay.  If I want to play as Marvel characters and go run around beating up bad guys, I already have Ultimate Alliance 3 and its much bigger roster.

I have been underestimating this game in terms of possibilities, for a second or two it definitely felt like I've been playing DMC starring Iron Man and it's been fantastic beyond all fours. I also haven't seen anyone (so far) going for the style that I showcase in this video, I hope it'll spark more interest in exploring the full game when it arrives.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 08:11:11 AM by bork »
ど助平

Svejk

« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 11:26:20 AM by Svejk »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Mickey: "oh no Sora is in Trouble"

Black Widow: "Quick use the Cha-os ex machinum(?) Donald"

Donald: "psyou gotcha BlacksWidows"

Thor: "O no I cannot believe Sepiroth has split the mani.. mana(?) of my soul onto the gust of my conscience I feel my energy draining from my heart"

Iron Man: "Please forgive me Goofy. I cannot open my heart to you. Our love will remain unanswered for I cannot forgive my own sins."

Star Lord: "We really are the last of us"

Mulan: "Now sing everybody!"

****Fly on the winds and pray for my life in the darkness of time with your sooooul..... our love remains darkness of the tiiiiiiides... as we enter the night*****
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
(SEXMARVEL)
©@©™

Akala

• Easy Victor
this looks so terrible  :lol

both this and MVC:I look like Marvel was trying to bring console in line with mobage kusoge  :spiders
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:00:52 PM by Akala »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Beaten by bork
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
this looks so terrible  :lol

both this and MVC:I look like Marvel was trying to bring condole in line with mobage kusoge  :spiders

I still want to check out the open PS4 beta for shits n' giggles.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
:piss GaaS :piss2
dog

paprikastaude

Can't wait for this to battle it out with Suicide Squad  :wow (both should bomb into the same oblivion as Anthem, but unfortunately all the manbabies will embrace the hype like they are told to).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:42:59 PM by Spieler1 »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
this looks like liquid shit :lol glad I had no interest in it anyway :ego
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
We won't reach peak GaaS until the Sonic GaaS  :rejoice
🤴

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Oh it's just their western studios making shitty licensed games and not some crossover thing? :zzz
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Oh it's just their western studios making shitty licensed games and not some crossover thing? :zzz

Every time I see it, I just think that they should have made a Black Widow game that played like Tomb Raider.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
We won't reach peak GaaS until the Sonic GaaS  :rejoice

Gotta go fart fast

:gaas
ど助平

Coffee Dog

I'd play it for free, hell a free version of this is basically Marvel Heroes which I wasted a bunch of time on. Gameplay really doesn't look like it's much better than the ultimate alliance games which have like 5 times as many characters. I'll try the open beta for sure but I'll be waiting a while for it to hit a price I'd jump in on.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
Western Kusoge  :yuck

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
I'm so glad we're getting this instead of a new Deus Ex

Svejk

I'm so glad we're getting this instead of a new Deus Ex
:stahp

Coffee Dog

If anyone's interested, the open beta is up on PS4.

I'm playing on base PS4 so I fully expect a slideshow..

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Square-enix website is getting hammered. Can't link my account to my console so I can't play.  :doge

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
(Image removed from quote.)
'cause it'd look like QWOP.

The real answer is "turn in your nerd gun and badge, because Prof. X is a telepath and does not have telekinesis."

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And currently is walking around with a dumb-looking cerebro-thing on his head because he came back to life in another body or maybe because of the timeline change or maybe both because COMICS.
[close]

:nerds :expert  :rollsafe
ど助平

Let's Cyber

Finally got in. Put in around 3 hours.

This game is super high production value turbo trash. Money is burning on screen in the service of a bad PS2 budget title gameplay.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I just ran through the intro level.  This really is the epitome of a "AAA" game.  Cut scene, cut scene, PRESS BUTTON, cut scene, button mash, more cut scenes, cut scene, do some stuff, cut scene, switch characters, repeat.

Thor seems OK I guess.  Iron Man was kind of boring.  Hulk was pretty fun, Cap was good, although there was a point where it kept prompting to press forward and hold O to vault over shield-bearing enemies, and he wouldn't do it because their backs were to the wall.  Black Widow was also good and had better melee stuff than everyone else. 

Visually it looks good, but also off.  There's something about the character models that makes them look like they're from a high quality big budget PS3/360 game.  I selected the performance option over 4K and it seemed pretty smooth for the most part. 

Also kept getting these "YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE SERVER.  CHECK YOUR CONNECTION" messages every so often.  They cover the middle of the screen and are super-annoying.

Nothing about the way the game plays really stood out to me but Hulk and Widow were the most fun.  Will keep going later.
ど助平

Let's Cyber

Ironman is a bit more engaging and enjoyable, the Anthem flying is fine.

There are bunch of skills to unlock and whatnot so it's difficult to completely write this off but damn the first impression is bad. Maybe it gets deeper later on but I'd rather wait until this is sub $10 and has X-Men.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
it sure as hell wasn't anything amazing, but i did enjoy it in the same way i've like lots of other comic book beat em ups over the years. i'm interested now. tho i gotta say the different faces and mediocre voice actors were giving me uncanny valley vibes, and the character models look almost last-gen.
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Rumor, from a supposed data-leak, on more playable characters:

Ant-Man
    Vision
    Black Panther
    Dr. Strange
    Falcon
    Mar-Vell
    Mockingbird
    Quake
    Winter Soldier
    Scarlet Witch
    Captain Marvel
    Kate Bishop
    She-Hulk
    War Machine
ど助平

Let's Cyber

Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch could be neat but we need lots of X-men. Give me Wolverine, Storm and Magneto cowards.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch could be neat but we need lots of X-men. Give me Wolverine, Storm and Magneto cowards.

Ultimate Alliance 3
:rejoice
ど助平

kingv

Played through the tutorial. It has very good graphics.... and the voiced acting is notably terrible.

Gameplay feels nice and punchy, so they campaign might be fun.

kingv

Also, ms marvel could do a number on the old prostate.

Edit: also for a game that’s supposed to come out in like 2 weeks it’s buggy as shit. Multiple freezes, disappearing hud in less than a hour of playing it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 10:10:42 PM by kingv »

Rahxephon91

Wow the Inhuman aspect of this story feels like a relic. Wonder if it would have featured them had the game started development much later.

Bebpo

The Inhumans are in the game?

kingv

From the demo it seems it’s based on the Terrigen cloud storyline.

Man those were bad times at Marvel.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
Tried to do a mission today, got to a room where I needed to kill 5 enemies to continue and they would just straight up disappear, once while I was in the middle of a takedown :rage

Even when I reloaded the check point 90% of the time there were only 2-4 enemies.

I’ll try again tomorrow and hope it’s not still bugged.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

Adam Jensen died for this
🤴

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

Just give me that Black Widow solo movie for $10 on my own pipe, Disney.

Svejk

Not sure if I'm more angry that they shelved Deus Ex for this crap, or that this crap will still manage to profit due to their asinine Gaas structure and mouth breathing mellenials will keep shoveling them money.  So angry right now.  :ltg