Author Topic: Persona 5 Thread | "Let's call it a day and go to bed."  (Read 88198 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Persona 5
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2017, 01:07:50 AM »
Beat the first dungeon on 4/21 :rock

HOW!? Are you playing on Hard? Because the tutorial "guard" boss is pushing my shit in. I seriously can not see how to beat him without extreme luck on Hard difficulty because even if you do what the tutorial says (guard) he'll punch through your guard to one-shot your party members.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2017, 01:11:33 AM »
Where can you find part time jobs?

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2017, 01:16:09 AM »

Underground walkway (shibuya station), there are a bunch of magazine shelves in that area

Let's Cyber

« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2017, 01:22:05 AM »

Underground walkway (shibuya station), there are a bunch of magazine shelves in that area
Cool, thank you! Found it right away.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2017, 05:18:22 AM »
The evening exploration music w/ vocals...

:preach :preach :preach

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2017, 08:19:07 AM »
They sell some SP drinks in one of the vending machines in the courtyard and at the arcade.

There might be more.

Just become good friends with the clinic lady I forget her name.....
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2017, 10:50:53 AM »
They sell some SP drinks in one of the vending machines in the courtyard and at the arcade.

There might be more.

Only one a week and they restock on Monday's.

The SP regen is brutal this outing. Protip: Don't play on Hard for your fresh playthrough. :doge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2017, 11:02:07 AM »
Make sure to get the s link with the clinic lady asap for some good sp regen accesoires
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2017, 11:31:23 AM »
Make sure to get the s link with the clinic lady asap for some good sp regen accesoires

That's the plan. Though I'm slightly following the GameFAQ's guide to get Max S.Link's/Commu's this playthrough so I don't ever have to worry about that again. :doge

But yeah, I'm kinda pissed that Hard mode gives you less exp and does more damage in even the first dungeon/tutorial dungeon. I had to turn the game down to Easy to beat the first mini-boss
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Archangel
[close]
because the tutorial's "LOL JUST GUARD WHEN HE CHARGES UP!" meant on Hard you'd get one-shotted easy because he'd be doing 140 damage compared to the like... 40 damage on easy. :doge #WTFAtlus #FreshPlaythroughBalanceMatters

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2017, 11:33:45 AM »
Hehe im playing on normal, and not following a guide. I want to be surprised since im new to these games I wanna roll with the punches. That said I think im doing pretty damn well. 50 hours in and about to do the
4th palace calling card mission
[close]
What

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2017, 11:35:59 AM »

HOW!? Are you playing on Hard? Because the tutorial "guard" boss is pushing my shit in. I seriously can not see how to beat him without extreme luck on Hard difficulty because even if you do what the tutorial says (guard) he'll punch through your guard to one-shot your party members.

Yikes. I'm playing on Normal and got tripped up a few times

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2017, 11:37:27 AM »

Gotta get my Guts up to continue  :'(

Burger Place should increase Knowledge and Guts

and I keep forgetting about checking the bookstores for new stuff  >:(

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2017, 12:03:54 PM »
Dont forget you can press the touchpad during school questions!

I forgot that in the beginning lol
What

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2017, 12:08:50 PM »
Knowledge definitely takes the longest but I think that was the case in 3/4 too

Is there a specific day the crossword shows up

Boredfrom

« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2017, 12:50:22 PM »
Man, the kids in the school can be total scumbags too. Spoilers from early Ryuji S Link :

His ex teammates really don't find anything wrong in mocking him because his abusive dad? Creepy coach  abused everyone but that is line to cross.
[close]

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »

I'm playing on Normal because I'm a filthy scrub. I might actually tick it up, though, depending on how the next dungeon goes; I plowed through the first dungeon with ease.

Would have finished two days earlier, but you have to spend a day to send the notice [which reveals the treasure] and then another day to actually go back and get it.
dog

thisismyusername

« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2017, 04:37:12 PM »

I'm playing on Normal because I'm a filthy scrub. I might actually tick it up, though, depending on how the next dungeon goes; I plowed through the first dungeon with ease.

Would have finished two days earlier, but you have to spend a day to send the notice [which reveals the treasure] and then another day to actually go back and get it.

Apparently, Hard cuts your EXP points (so no wonder I was getting 6XP a pop in battles compared to Easy's like 140) and damage. Which is just crazy. Also apparently if you hold up multiple enemies and get items/money from them, you don't get multiple EXP from the party, so you have to defeat every single one but one before you do that to get the most EXP possible.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2017, 05:10:43 PM »
Yikes, sounds like Hard severely hinders your ability to get anything outside of dungeons taken care of. On the other hand, Normal is an absolute breeze [only died once in the whole first dungeon, and it was on account of getting blindsided by an enemy suddenly appearing [2x twilight prostitutes] who used Marin Karen on Morgana who in turn killed the MC before I could heal].

On the easiest difficulty you can probably beat the whole game before the end of April. :lol
dog

thisismyusername

« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2017, 05:45:40 PM »
Yeah, I had to crank the game down to easy to beat the sub-boss. Which was dumb as fuck, but no shame given the state the game is in right now for me. Once I get the SP regen items, it's fucking on for burning my dread on hard.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2017, 05:46:58 PM »
There's no trophies for playing on Hard. #TakeYourTime
©@©™

thisismyusername

« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2017, 05:53:04 PM »
Don't difficulty shame me. :wag :wag :wag I'm a masochist and did Persona Q on Hard until like the last half of the game where I got tired of the EO-ness and cranked that down to beat the story there. Hard isn't necessarily "hard" here as it's still the same "weakness->1-more->All-out attack" system here, but the lack of SP regen (for now) and EXP curve due to them changing that up is doing me in far more than the damage.

Once I get SP regens it's just a matter of S. Link boosting Personae and grinding in dungeons at my leisure to level up to beat the bosses then.

FStop7

« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2017, 06:33:14 PM »
I think I might have already fucked up.  I have 5 days left and I might not be able to beat the first dungeon.  I'm close to the boss but I'm under leveled.  I accidentally fused a persona that I'll probably need.  I can restore it from the registry but that'll cost money that I need for potions and health.

This game is REALLY stingy with the SP.  Annoyingly so.

Hard difficulty here, too.  So far I'd say it's quite a bit tougher than P4 Golden.

The best way to beat the angel boss is to keep using Tarunda on him while the others chip away at his health.  Always guard during turns when he charges up. 

I found decreasing his attacks to be far more helpful than decreasing his defense.  Having Bicorn is pretty important because he has Tarunda and Lunge.

With your MC it's basically Guard, Tarunda, Attack.  Repeat.  You may have to skip attacking in favor of using items or casting heals.  You're basically stuck acting as a support role for the fight. 

Jesus Christ I sound like a weeb
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 07:16:44 PM by FStop7 »

thisismyusername

« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2017, 07:43:35 PM »
^Well, I changed the difficulty to easy. I suggest you do that yourself because the later areas get tough when you're having to do a few more things. Long dungeon is lonnnnnnnnnng. :lol :'(

Got to the treasure "in one day" so now it's a matter of preparing for the boss and then Social Link time to try to get SP recovery items unlocked. :doge

thisismyusername

« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2017, 07:55:12 PM »
Pro tip for playing Hard: always demon negotiate harder enemies.

That's what I did, and I only got 6 EXP from knocking down and talking to them in a group. :doge

archie4208

« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »
lul a shadow one shotted my MC and I lost about 10 minutes of gametime.

:rock Megaten :rock

thisismyusername

« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2017, 08:04:30 PM »
I guess I was doing it wrong, as I ran from the red ones in the early areas because clearly I was going to get curbstomped on them. But the XP gain on Hard after doing "knock-down into all-out attacks" for Persona 3-4 is brutal.

Once I got in the upper areas (on Easy) the red guards weren't so bad as I generally had a weakness for them to be knocked down. But at that point I had no more SP.

Apparently, if you fuse a "Genbu" you can fight the Silky's (or whatever they're called. The women demon's in red dresses) that will Dormina/sleep you. If you get sleeped, you'll recover SP. And since they use Bufu, Genbu will make your PC immune. The problem is, you can't simply guard since they can't Dormina you if you guard. So you have to attack them. And they'll still damage you while you're asleep. It's a bit of a shortcut, but it may work.

And I only had like 2 of two different SP regen items for 5SP each. The vending machines limit those to 1 a week apparently. :'(

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2017, 08:18:27 PM »
Just switch to normal guys
 The game really isnt that hard. Only died once in 55 hours so far

Just use weaknesses and beat the shit outta them monstars. Im new to the series and Im finding it really pretty easy ( unless you have bad persona's ). I have two ppl set up with mediadiorama or whatever thats called good healing spells and then yeah just a bunch of personas with different strengths.

I was even able to fuse a triple fusion persona but he isnt that good lol
What

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »
Let me enjoy my evenings you stupid cat :pacspit

This song though :lawd

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2017, 09:01:27 PM »
Alright, started the 2nd palace. "Take your time" my ass if this is how it's going to be for the rest of the game...you barely have time to really enjoy daily life/build S. Links/raise stats.

I want to say I'll do it like before and beat it ASAP and have like a week or 2 left to kill but apparently there's a mechanic now that you have to essentially move the villain's plot along outside of the palace to progress in it once you reach certain points.

We were truly spoiled before  :'(

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2017, 09:15:36 PM »
FAQ users get fucked LUL

Enjoy the game #TakeYourTime
fat

thisismyusername

« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2017, 11:49:25 PM »
Literally the very first class after the midterms, the teacher asked a question, I answered it correctly, and I ranked up knowledge to Learned.

I needed ONE more freaking point.

Seriously thinking of reloading a save from a few hours earlier.

Do it and follow the GameFAQ's guide. I'm already like Rank 2-3 in various stats following that calendar. Despite them saying they're going to "rework" it for more free days, everything has been pretty bang on. The only thing I want to do is brew more SP restoring Coffee, but since that takes up time, I can't do that while I'm raising my character stats. Not that it's a big deal if I get to rank 5 since I can just get an SP Restore accessory from the medic and never worry about it again.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2017, 11:52:28 PM »
I'm playing on Normal AND letting my AI teammates act freely. Super casul engage. :patel

I need that authentic vanilla Persona 3 experience.  :uguu.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2017, 11:52:43 PM »
Where's the fun in having your schedule decided for you  ???

thisismyusername

« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2017, 11:53:28 PM »

Being able to max out all items and never worry about it for future playthroughs. :doge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2017, 11:58:07 PM »

Being able to max out all items and never worry about it for future playthroughs. :doge

:badass
dog

FStop7

« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2017, 12:19:36 AM »
I just lost an hour in the stupid  tower because of the cover system.  I'm on tilt.  Only thing to do is get back in there. :goldberg

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2017, 12:22:23 AM »
Forced party split, now everyone levels unevenly.

Is no RPG safe from this trope?  :goty2

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2017, 12:31:16 AM »

Persona 5 is because.my peeps who arent in my party just.lvl up anyway it seems
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2017, 12:32:09 AM »

Yeah but following a 100% guide is like someone else telling you how to play from start to finish
What

« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2017, 12:48:42 AM »
Only played for about 45 minutes and it's a great game, but I'm really not digging how your character moves way too fast and wild when going through the town and initial dungeon.
野球

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2017, 12:57:41 AM »
Are you holding r2?
What

« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2017, 01:18:57 AM »
Are you holding r2?

Nope. Controls are just a bit too loose. I'm gonna play some more later tonight and see if I was just high or something.
野球

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2017, 03:15:42 AM »
Fuck the style in this game is real good

Loc is a little bit naff especially coming from Yakuza 0, which is immaculate. I bet it's because Nich is gone :(

FStop7

« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2017, 03:31:37 AM »
Beat the castle on hard.   :rejoice

The boss fight itself wasn't bad but getting there was brutal.  I died because of mistakes a few times and got one shot killed a few more.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2017, 09:50:27 AM »

Persona 5 is because.my peeps who arent in my party just.lvl up anyway it seems

I noticed this when I got the 5th member :leon

Very nice

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »
Just a tip use the maid service a lot so you have more free time
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2017, 10:40:25 AM »
Yea the combat is amazing. Also i hate mishima
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2017, 11:06:50 AM »
Just beat the first dungeon, game is lit. Its cool they brought back demon negotiation in this one. Music isn't as catchy as P3 and 4 so far but still good.
^_^

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »
I love that you keep unlocking new areas even later in the game
What

FStop7

« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2017, 01:30:28 PM »
Morgana's getting on my nerves.  Stop telling me how to live my life, cat.

The battle themes aren't half as good as P4.

The cover system is annoying. 

Otherwise, this game is awesome.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2017, 03:21:19 PM »
"Aren't you pretty tired? You have to wake up early tomorrow!"

:bolo

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2017, 04:57:12 PM »
Second palace complete and now my phone is blowing up with activities

The battle themes aren't half as good as P4.

J-pop/rap  :yuck

Cover system is kind of funky but just make sure you use the right thumbstick to look before you even try to use the left to move. It's a bit too trigger happy

« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2017, 05:14:33 PM »
Turn-based goodness makes me happy.
野球

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2017, 05:45:10 PM »
Fourth dungeon was dope
What

« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2017, 08:23:48 PM »
To everyone who said that turn-based JRPGs were archaic and dead and nothing could be done to revive them, this has sold 1.5 million copies worldwide.

SUUUUUUCK IT.
野球

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2017, 08:49:17 PM »
No one will ever really challenge Chie for Best Girl, but Ann comes close.

Having not played p4 I will say I disagree lol :p
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2017, 09:32:22 PM »
Aww yeaaaa succes

Takemi Confident spoiler

[close]
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2017, 09:57:52 PM »
Thats allright tho.. theres summer vacation you get like a whole month off too

If you are only just at june you are still in the very beginning. Its a 100 hour game so take ur time bro
But its my first time playing these games :p

Guts is easy to get, just do the clinical trials with <3 Takemi

My stats on 9/6 :

60 hrs now
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:09:05 PM by MMaRsu »
What

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2017, 10:15:25 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2017, 10:23:03 PM »
He's always whining out loud about fame and people have to remind him that they're doing it for a good cause.

He's been a scummy liability so far in early/mid June.

Junpei/Yosuke were always great. Except that time sonewhere near the end of P4 where Yosuke makes a really weird, dark comment somewhere out of the blue.

Dude, Yosuke explicitly admits at various points that he is doing all the investigation team shit in part because boredom, he also whined a lot and had way less excuse than Ryuji.