Author Topic: Persona 5 Thread | "Let's call it a day and go to bed."  (Read 88194 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Persona 5
« Reply #180 on: April 08, 2017, 12:44:00 AM »
Nearly done with May. Finally got the Medic up to rank 5. Haven't checked to see if she has the regen accessories yet as I need to get the cash off the higher level shadows to get them in the first place. :lol :'( At least I'll be able to bump it back up to hard (maybe) and BABY BABY BABY in the dungeons for days. :doge

GAME SPOILER FOR REAL for those that care about spoilers:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

thisismyusername

« Reply #181 on: April 08, 2017, 12:46:13 AM »
I never got the hate for Junpei/Yosuke at all, but Ryuji is  :trash

Disagree. I don't hate Yosuke (outside of his blatant homophobia) but I really prefer Ryuji over him. Junpei da best (after he bros before ho's, anyway), though.

But let's be honest: Akihiko is husbando material.

thisismyusername

« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2017, 01:00:23 AM »
"Aren't you pretty tired? You have to wake up early tomorrow!"

:bolo

(Not an actual spoiler, just image-size'd)
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2017, 10:26:17 AM »
Make sure to s link asap with takemi
What

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2017, 10:29:20 AM »
Need that level 7 discount ASAP

at 5 right now

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2017, 11:17:57 AM »
Yeah I just got her to 6 as of July 1st. I started weeks late because I didn't level up my guts fast enough to do the rank 2 clinical trial. But I should get 7 in plenty of time for the next dungeon.

Temperance is another good one to level. Apparently the level 10 reward lets you do shit at night after dungeon-crawling.

:hyper

Then again, by the time I start hitting level 10 on links, will it even matter anymore? We'll see

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2017, 02:01:51 PM »
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2017, 02:06:24 PM »
What

archie4208

« Reply #188 on: April 08, 2017, 02:07:21 PM »
-1 ammo :lol

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2017, 02:16:06 PM »
Since everyone and their gender pronoun are using guides for this game, is it safe assumption to just do what people did via the Network feature?
fat

Boredfrom

« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2017, 02:30:07 PM »
Woah, Sae really sucks ass. Dojima was never that insensitive...

thisismyusername

« Reply #191 on: April 08, 2017, 03:06:29 PM »

This. I bought the Invigoration 1 SP regen item for $400/40,000¥. Made my 40,000 back just going from the second half point to the treasure in the second dungeon.  :doge (Probably helps that I held up a few Jack Frosts and continiously did
[close]
against them. They'd sometimes get pissed, call reinforcements and then I'd just rinse and repeat the money giving while taking some minor damage. :lol )

AFAIK, you can only "Baton Pass" 3 times. It powers up from the ONE-MORE person to the second person, then GREATLY increases healing and power for the third person. You can't baton-pass past that point and it's only for the ONE MORE turn, so if you play your cards right and Baton Pass GREATLY to a Mediarama person, you'll heal massively for the cost of like 10SP. Nothing to sneeze at.

The "Gimme More" skill you get from... forgetting the S. Link and other things that open up later REALLY show that Atlus shouldn't have gated the game as hard as they did. Unlocking these abilities makes the dungeon grinding WAY more fun. I didn't know I wanted Baton Pass until now, but holy shit where was this in my life for Persona 3-4? :doge

I gotta steal the treasure but I think I'm going to do that the end of May. I'm at 5/25 now.

Since everyone and their gender pronoun are using guides for this game, is it safe assumption to just do what people did via the Network feature?

No, since sometimes a majority of folks went to work instead of buffing their character's social stats that day. Maybe it'll equal out, but I wouldn't trust the Thieves Guild myself.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 03:12:25 PM by thisismyusername »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Persona 5 Thread | "Let's call it a day and go to bed."
« Reply #192 on: April 08, 2017, 06:16:27 PM »
I really don't like that there's a "set deadline" or you get a game over. Really -really- don't like it
fat

FStop7

« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2017, 06:16:30 PM »
You guys weren't joking about May being on rails.  I aced my midterms tho.   

:itagaki

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2017, 06:44:53 PM »
Just lost around an hour of progress. Random mob jumped into a battle already in progress and managed to knock me down 2 times in a row followed up by a strong physical attack to finish me off.

I wanted that authentic P3 experience and now I'm getting it. 

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2017, 06:54:48 PM »
I really don't like that there's a "set deadline" or you get a game over. Really -really- don't like it

Hasnt it always been like that in previous persona games as well? Just do shit before the deadline, you get like 25 days mostly
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2017, 07:02:35 PM »

Hasnt it always been like that in previous persona games as well? Just do shit before the deadline, you get like 25 days mostly

Yes, but I think demi is more complaining about the lack of ability to do whatever you want (I think that's why there's a huge uptick in folks following a guide in general, outside those of us going for max S. Link's fresh so we don't have to worry about non-party ones going forward if we replay outside of certain abilities anyway). Which is completely valid. Morgana blocking you from doing evening activities at times when story wise you didn't do much is a valid complaint that I can understand.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2017, 07:04:22 PM »
I agree but I see it as something set by the designers so Im just rolling with what I get :P. Sure its annoying sometimes even when you have a small story cutscene taking up your afternoon and even in the evning you cant do shit.. but I guess thats how it was conceived
What

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2017, 07:23:24 PM »
Maybe I'm forgetting since it's been forever since I've played P3 and P4, but it just seems like there's WAY more "nope lol go to bed" shit in P5. I feel like it's a legit complaint.

That's probably my only complaint, tho. Game rocks.
yar

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2017, 08:02:33 PM »
Have welcoming party/feast for new member, Cat thinks you're too tired to go out for the evening  :yuck

Use codenames in dungeons but talk recklessly on the phone

June :snoop

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2017, 08:15:49 PM »
I hate morgana.. that cat is so fucking stupid. September stuff
What

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2017, 08:19:33 PM »
I hate morgana.. that cat is so fucking stupid. September stuff

Like...why bring me back into the room in the evening after a story event if I can't do anything other than feed the plant? You get a save point, but that's it? Really? Might as well skip to the next day

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2017, 08:24:43 PM »
I just dislike days where all you get is a cutscene and then your forced to sleep
What

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2017, 08:33:47 PM »
Edit: finally looked like I was going to have control of my character for an afternoon, and then Yusuke showed up and said "I wanted to see the Sayuri, I'll accompany you home," and the timer scrolled from after school to evening, and I almost threw the controller through a wall. June 14th.

This shit is fucking absurd.

I just reached the point. It would've been worth it had it actually started a social link for him.

But nope :trash

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »
My biggest concern is cornering myself in an unwinnable situation. What happens if you dont finish by the deadline? What then?
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2017, 08:47:10 PM »
I read you get sent back a week? Just make sure you have a save from a few days before the deadline id say if you're worried about that. Im finding the game pretty easy so im sure you'll be fine with it too :). What difficulty are you on?

What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2017, 10:04:47 PM »
Bona fide mona fide
What

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2017, 10:13:59 PM »
Oh wow a whole new area :leon

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2017, 10:41:15 PM »

Seriously :jeanluc

Rahxephon91

« Reply #210 on: April 09, 2017, 06:07:30 AM »

Sae is bae

thisismyusername

« Reply #211 on: April 09, 2017, 07:51:43 AM »
It's really dumb that I can't get my MC into a gay relationship with Yusuke. So much potential there.

Atlus will never let us do that. :fbm

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2017, 07:53:03 AM »
I decided to get a part time job at the Beef Bowl place, well jokes on me my fake dad won't let me out of the neighborhood after dark.

I just finished the first dungeon.
nat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2017, 08:00:41 AM »
I decided to get a part time job at the Beef Bowl place, well jokes on me my fake dad won't let me out of the neighborhood after dark.

I think a bit after the first dungeon ( or was it the 2nd? ) you are able to leave at night
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2017, 11:14:33 AM »

Around the beginning of May you'll be allowed out. That's when you can do the evening stuff.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2017, 05:16:53 PM »
Hama/Mudo doesn't insta-kill when the enemy is weak to them?  :jeanluc

3rd palace is catching me slipping crazy

Let's Cyber

« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2017, 05:27:40 PM »
Is Knowledge the most difficult stat to upgrade? I always get the answers correct in class and usually study on rainy days. Been stuck on lvl 2 for a long time.

thisismyusername

« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2017, 05:42:44 PM »
Is Knowledge the most difficult stat to upgrade? I always get the answers correct in class and usually study on rainy days. Been stuck on lvl 2 for a long time.

Yes, it's got the highest amount of points to put in. :doge

They've always been low accuracy. There's buffs (forgetting) that can raise them to hit a bit more often in Persona 3-4, IIRC.

FStop7

« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2017, 05:59:35 PM »
Mid/Late May

i got to a point in the palace where there was a real world obstacle and Morgana made us leave.  Then the party got split up.  Ann and Morgana in reality trying to unlock the door and myself and Ryuji in the metaverse waiting for the door to open.  We passed through the door and the guard on the other side just wipes Ryuji and me out within 3 turns.  I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.  Ann and Morgana were my healers.  I have no health items.  The game literally gave me no chance to buy anything between the time we left the metaverse and when we returned.  At first I thought the guard was supposed to be unbeatable and that dying would trigger a cutscene.   But, it just goes to the game over sequence.  What the fuck?  There's no way I can beat that guard with just me and Ryuji and there is no point in falling back to a recent save since the game forces me to proceed with no opportunities to buy supplies.  Either there is a gimmick weakness I haven't found or the game has completely screwed me.
[close]

Let's Cyber

« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2017, 06:47:57 PM »
Are you on Hard? What is your level? Do you have several personas close to your level? I don't remember that fight being too difficult.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2017, 06:48:10 PM »

Yes, it's got the highest amount of points to put in. :doge

They've always been low accuracy. There's buffs (forgetting) that can raise them to hit a bit more often in Persona 3-4, IIRC.

I know they're low accuracy but I always thought if they were weak to them, it was insta-kill. I swear they were in P3/4 and SMT4 at least.

Momentos is a cool grind spot if you're broke/need loot to sell. My last request was super easy so I kept going lower floors to justify the day wasted. Exp could be better but it's probably for the best that you don't get too much at the moment since you have an actual palace to explore.

thisismyusername

« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2017, 06:51:08 PM »
Mid/Late May

i got to a point in the palace where there was a real world obstacle and Morgana made us leave.  Then the party got split up.  Ann and Morgana in reality trying to unlock the door and myself and Ryuji in the metaverse waiting for the door to open.  We passed through the door and the guard on the other side just wipes Ryuji and me out within 3 turns.  I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.  Ann and Morgana were my healers.  I have no health items.  The game literally gave me no chance to buy anything between the time we left the metaverse and when we returned.  At first I thought the guard was supposed to be unbeatable and that dying would trigger a cutscene.   But, it just goes to the game over sequence.  What the fuck?  There's no way I can beat that guard with just me and Ryuji and there is no point in falling back to a recent save since the game forces me to proceed with no opportunities to buy supplies.  Either there is a gimmick weakness I haven't found or the game has completely screwed me.
[close]

Ann and Morgana were my healers.

Well, there's your problem. You have the "power of the wild-card." Get a Persona with healing to support yourself. Fuse on debuffs (defense, primarily) and/or buffs for your characters.

1. Rakunda from your healing and that skill Persona fused Persona.
2. SKULLCRACKER (or whatever physical you have on Ryuji)
3. PHYSICAL persona (switch if needed, you can switch once per turn) to help Ryuji out. If you/he are critical/damaged heal instead (make your guesses on this).

BAM. Done.

Welcome to SMT, where buff/debuffs help.

NOCTURNE SPOILERS:

[close]

Are you on Hard? What is your level? Do you have several personas close to your level? I don't remember that fight being too difficult.

Also this. If you're playing on Hard, you're probably screwed given the meager EXP given.

and there is no point in falling back to a recent save since the game forces me to proceed with no opportunities to buy supplies.

You should have a save before this point. If you overwrote you being in the dungeon... well... oops? :-\ That said, AFAIK you should be able to go to the Velvet Room outside of the dungeon in May. So if you have a save befored this forced segment, check and see if you can explore the town. Go to Shibuya Central Street (or whatever the mall and movie place is) and the Velvet Room will be right near the gun store. Go in there and fuse.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 07:08:31 PM by thisismyusername »

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #222 on: April 09, 2017, 07:13:54 PM »
Gallows option opened up in the Velvet room and I killed not one but 2 treasure demons instead of talking to them while in Momentos  :snoop

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #223 on: April 09, 2017, 08:10:54 PM »
It's really annoying how on-rails this early game is. I'm about 15 hours in, approaching the second dungeon, and it keeps preventing me from doing stuff. I wanna get some guts to go talk to Tameki but every time I think "Oh I'll go here and do something" NOPE Morgana says I'm too tired and should sleep. Fuck outta here.

I'm enjoying it but I would really like it to give me some freedom.
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #224 on: April 09, 2017, 08:14:58 PM »
That being said, I'm thinking of being a weeb and buying the ZOMG shirt that Ryuji has. I also want his purple hoodie.
nat

Boredfrom

« Reply #225 on: April 09, 2017, 09:39:46 PM »
I like Sojiro a lot, is like a more assholish Dojima, but his
adoptive daughter is super lame, even with the sad backstory and her moe design. Her dungeon being a nest of high level demon's without elemental weakness sucked my enjoyment of her arc.
[close]

Makoto is still the Queen of the game, Ryuji is better than Yosuke and Yusuke is the best male character of the game .

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2017, 09:52:30 PM »
Mementos with that Scooby Doo music complete with Mystery Van. Rofl
fat

thisismyusername

« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2017, 11:06:41 PM »
Gallows option opened up in the Velvet room and I killed not one but 2 treasure demons instead of talking to them while in Momentos  :snoop

You need
Frei/Nuclear
[close]
elements to knock the second dungeon one down. I dunno if that holds the same for Mementos or the other dungeons. Just FYI.

Also you can resummon them from the Compendium AFAIK, which makes the Strength S. Link challenges muuuuuch easier to do.

Also before I forget: If you go to the Velvet Room in the afternoon/outside of dungeons it doesn't pass time (outside of Persona 3-4's infamous S. Links from there). So you can fuse, resummon Personae as you need them for S. Links, provided you're not put on rails for that day/evening. :doge

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #228 on: April 10, 2017, 01:01:32 AM »

You need
Frei/Nuclear
[close]
elements to knock the second dungeon one down. I dunno if that holds the same for Mementos or the other dungeons. Just FYI.

Also you can resummon them from the Compendium AFAIK, which makes the Strength S. Link challenges muuuuuch easier to do.

Also before I forget: If you go to the Velvet Room in the afternoon/outside of dungeons it doesn't pass time (outside of Persona 3-4's infamous S. Links from there). So you can fuse, resummon Personae as you need them for S. Links, provided you're not put on rails for that day/evening. :doge

Morgana also has a physical attack with very light dmg but high crit chance, which is how I got it.
yar

thisismyusername

« Reply #229 on: April 10, 2017, 01:07:03 AM »
That works, too. That's actually how I got mine as well. :lol I wasn't level 19 yet to fuse lower levels with Frei on them.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #230 on: April 10, 2017, 01:27:25 AM »
temperance slink seems like its going to be really useful

Boredfrom

« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2017, 03:37:29 AM »
Palace 4 is lots of Psi weakness enemies. I don't remember many that had no weaknesses.

Such a great dungeon design too.

Anubis. I swear every single shadow encounter in the second half had a Anubis.

Also, I forgot how shitty this games get when you like a character that has a high level attribute requirement early in the social link. I need to max charm to get past Makoto's level 5 SL .
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 03:43:26 AM by Boredfrom »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2017, 06:48:00 AM »

Did the same last night lol gonna have to reload a save

Also sent out a treasure demon for network execution and got a badass back
What

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2017, 01:24:38 PM »
Is it just me or is the 2nd palace much easier than the 1st? I haven't done the boss fight yet but everything leading up to it seemed much easier to me.
yar

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2017, 05:17:22 PM »
Maid confidant  :lawd :lawd :lawd

I can actually maximize my free time now

temperance slink seems like its going to be really useful

VERY useful. And thank the lord this game isn't stingy with money

Let's Cyber

« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2017, 06:37:01 PM »
I just now got my guts high enough to call the maid on the pay phone in mid June (18th).

Am I behind or on schedule?

Also Sojiro never seems to level up. I did two fruitless hangouts and it still says he isn't close to leveling up. Should I just keep grinding anyway?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:45:16 PM by Let's Cyber »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2017, 06:54:38 PM »
The entire game i was wondering where the fuck is the fishing pond

70 hours in I decide to read the fishing magazine i picked up 40 hours back..

New location unlocked

Lol :'(
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2017, 06:56:12 PM »
Beach day  :lol

Ryuji's popsicle stick was gif-worthy.

What

Boredfrom

« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2017, 08:20:17 PM »
The entire game i was wondering where the fuck is the fishing pond

70 hours in I decide to read the fishing magazine i picked up 40 hours back..

New location unlocked

Lol :'(

Some character events can unlock new locations without needing magazines. Ryuji invited me to go fishing early 30.

Boredfrom

« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2017, 09:27:27 PM »
Can't decide if I'm liking the story as much as 3 or 4. It's really good and gets into some dark, kind of deep shit as Persona tends to do. 3 definitely felt more epic since it was more of a literal end of the world thing with Nyx and whatnot. I think I like the story in 5 more than 4 though.

I'm only in September, so we'll see how it ends.

I like Persona 4 story more only because it feels more personal. But I like Persona 5 story better than 3 because it doesn't feel like the hamfisted melodrama than sometimes P3 devolved into.