Author Topic: EDGELORDUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds is the tits  (Read 71797 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: EDGELORDUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds is the tits
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2017, 05:53:12 PM »
I think a lot of pp got caught in the blue + fighting while moving. It happens sometimes. The circle just ends up on the other side of where most of the players went type deal. It's always a shitshow when you get down to like the 5th circle and theres 40 ppl still alive. At that point you just gotta send a prayer up to RNGesus and try to put yourself behind as many ppl as possible.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2017, 05:20:52 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

benjipwns

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2017, 10:44:17 AM »
most brilliant plan with worst execution possible?

benjipwns

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2017, 11:36:59 AM »
most brilliant plan with worst execution possible?

Squad Goals

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2017, 03:16:52 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2017, 06:38:27 PM »
I wanna play with you toku. But you're so far away, and I can't get online when you are. :(

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2017, 08:06:44 PM »
I mostly play late nights. Anywhere from 10pm to 3AM EST don't know what that converts to for you.

EDIT: This guys stream is good, he talks about what he's trying to do etc as well which can help:

https://www.twitch.tv/chocotaco
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:43:36 PM by toku »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2017, 10:26:31 PM »
Yeh that timezone is no good for me, as it's early morning→noon. :doge Maybe once I move to Europe.

benjipwns

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2017, 03:30:49 PM »
i stayed in the plane until it forced me out just to see what happens if you stay in it...then immediately deployed my parachute and held down so i was taking ages to hover down at lowest possible speed

by the time i landed the number was already down to 65, eventually the blue wall of energy passed me by because the zone was way on the entire other side of the map

but! then i found a motorcycle and was bookin it, and this point i was just flyin to the center of the zone like screw all of ya'll as people took pot shots at me and dudes were fightin each other in places they'd never make it to the zone in time on foot, as i just flew past through the middle of em

then i got to just past the center of the zone and there was a big ol house with all the doors closed! and i was like jackpot! they'll come to me!

as i got off the motorcycle i hadn't come to a complete stop and died from "falling"

#11 :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2017, 03:35:45 PM »
my only kill so far was this guy hidin prone in this guard shack thing, but his rifle barrel was sticking out clipping through the door and i could see down on him from the windows of it...so i went around went prone myself like five feet from the door, lined up my shot so it was on his barrel, set the rifle to full-auto and just unloaded through the door :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
GOOD GAME

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:53:28 PM by toku »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2017, 01:42:53 PM »
I'm having too much fun with duo and squad to bother doing solo again, unless someone's watching my stream because of how lonely and extra stressful it is. :lol

Voice chat + duo is the perfect combo.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2017, 02:51:25 PM »
Duos really is the sweet spot i think. I won a squad game last night, 3 of us lasted until the very end which was a first for me  :lol. Which is kinda my problem with squads, fire fighting just so much more dangerous when you have to worry about shit like "okay where are the rest of their mates?" then you kill their squad but you're still like "wait was that the same squad though? Or did i murder some wandering third party?"

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2017, 06:32:47 PM »
Squad is risky, yeah. But lots of fun nonetheless. Lots of advantages and disadvantages.

Also I've probably made like 5 people buy this game. :lol

G The Resurrected

« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2017, 04:37:28 AM »
I found a group of Aussie streamers that have taken me on as a 4th for their squad. It's seriously a different beast playing in a squad. The game is night and day between squads and solo. I had 140 hours of solo and it's so intense, yet now that I'm playing squad it's like nothing.  :lol

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2017, 12:52:36 PM »
Duos really is the sweet spot i think. I won a squad game last night, 3 of us lasted until the very end which was a first for me  :lol. Which is kinda my problem with squads, fire fighting just so much more dangerous when you have to worry about shit like "okay where are the rest of their mates?" then you kill their squad but you're still like "wait was that the same squad though? Or did i murder some wandering third party?"

If they get knocked down it means they still have teammates to revive them.

If they just straight die it means none of their team remains.
___

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2017, 01:13:08 PM »

If they get knocked down it means they still have teammates to revive them.

If they just straight die it means none of their team remains.

I know, my point is that squads is always tense because you can never be certain how many enemies you're engaging currently. In a way that is not there in duos and solo.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2017, 04:23:37 PM »
dog

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2017, 11:19:29 PM »
 :lol Too late to include this apparently
https://clips.twitch.tv/EasyDrabKumquatDxAbomb

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2017, 08:53:29 AM »
I found a group of Aussie streamers that have taken me on as a 4th for their squad. It's seriously a different beast playing in a squad. The game is night and day between squads and solo. I had 140 hours of solo and it's so intense, yet now that I'm playing squad it's like nothing.  :lol

Hows the lag? Squad is incredible
itm

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2017, 12:26:22 PM »
Had an annoying round. Did super well early on, found good loot. Got the drop on several people. First was a standard *wait behind a door* as someone runs through a house. Second was after I discovered a car in the middle of a valley as a trap and skirted around until I found the bastard who laid it. Third was a quick headshot to someone that just got unlucky and passed infront of me. The final was a sniper far off that I out snipped which felt really good.

THEN I realized I had forgotten the face of my father and lost track of the circle and because it was a late circle I didn't have enough time to do anything and just friggen died in the blue.
nat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

G The Resurrected

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2017, 03:46:22 PM »

What lag? There was none and we used discord to talk. It was amazing! It has some of the best netcode I've seen in a long time.

benjipwns

« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2017, 03:48:54 PM »

TorchJackie15 hours ago
I don't play this type of games. It soakes up the worst parts of the gaming community.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2017, 05:25:15 PM »
One-hit-kill with an M16A4 on a level 2 helmet? I'm calling BS on that.
dog

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2017, 03:15:56 AM »

What lag? There was none and we used discord to talk. It was amazing! It has some of the best netcode I've seen in a long time.

Are they playing on US servers not Oceania or vice versa? I've had a little bit of lag on the asian servers, which is fine because they're a lot lower skilled
itm

G The Resurrected

« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2017, 11:25:08 AM »
We've been playing on Ocea/Asia and US servers without any issues.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2017, 02:15:26 AM »
This game has the weirdest bugs. First game I've owned on steam that's pretended to uninstall itself after a restart

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2017, 03:15:31 AM »
The best glitch is when the environment glitches while you're outside a building with people in, then it lets you see how many are there and exactly where they're standing. It once happened to me while I was death spectating my duo partner, about to enter a building with people inside on the second floor. lol

benjipwns

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2017, 08:55:12 AM »
in the one giant bomb stream, none of the buildings or the other building material like objects (fences, etc.) loaded in for vinny so he could see through literally everything, but he also needed to be led around the walls and fences and stuff by someone else :lol

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
That's happened to me a bunch of times at the very start of matches. Really helpful in duos lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2017, 04:43:09 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2017, 11:40:49 PM »
Given its meteoric and seemingly unstoppable success at this point, it's hard to believe PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has been around for just four months. Perhaps harder to comprehend still—it's now sold over five million copies.

Developer Bluehole is yet to announce this officially, however, as reported by VG24/7, Steam Spy data suggests somewhere around 5.1 million people now own the battle royale-inspired, last-person-standing shooter.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2017, 01:39:17 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2017, 01:59:52 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2017, 11:42:01 PM »
3 chicken dinners in a row, s/o 2 asian servers

https://streamable.com/plevi
https://streamable.com/pab7q

in my defense i wasn't squad leader and didn't pick the server matchmaking setup

:P

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2017, 01:57:14 AM »
Wow, gj. I don't even play there since I always duo with my NA friend. Or I try to solo on AS but it's been a while since I did solo. Thinking of it, I always get very far there, but I dunno. Have you only done squad on AS?

Like in Overwatch, the Asian servers are waaaaay more competitive and the people have no chill. It's tougher  to push, but your own team will also do better. I should play more solo maybe (my usual duo partner isn't comfortable with me streaming us since we talk on Discord, so I haven't been able to stream in a while). Aka I do wanna do more solo. lol #ButtRamblings

benjipwns

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2017, 02:11:05 AM »
i realized doing duo (haven't yet been able to see enough friends online and ready to do a group...always used to have this problem with l4d2 too it felt like) i way prefer dying first so i can watch my friend bumble around

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2017, 02:12:13 AM »
ive only played on NA until today

I've been meaning to do more solos too

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:39:52 AM by toku »

benjipwns

« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2017, 02:16:02 AM »
gary whitta on the one giant bomb podcast said he found himself watching streams of people after a couple rounds of playing and then it'd be like an hour later because he'd get transfixed :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
too bad this hadn't come out before he wrote book of eli amirite :doge
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2017, 02:23:58 AM »
Ha, somebody was thinking, they put Battle Royale up on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/647020/Battle_Royale_Unrated_Directors_Cut/

SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends August 1

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2017, 03:05:17 AM »
Ha, somebody was thinking, they put Battle Royale up on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/647020/Battle_Royale_Unrated_Directors_Cut/

SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends August 1
It's region blocked here. ???
Can you screenshot the page for me?

benjipwns

« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2017, 03:29:55 AM »
It's just the movie:
In this uncensored and unrated Director's Cut of the cult classic, a group of ninth-grade students from a Japanese high school have been forced by legislation to compete in a Battle Royale. The students are each given a bag with a randomly selected weapon and a few rations of food and water and sent off with three days to kill each other until one survives - or they all die. The story focuses on a few of the students and how they cope. Some, like the psychotic Kiriyama or the hyper-sexual Mistuko, decide to play the game. Others, like Shuya, Noriko, and Kawada, try to find a ways to get off the island without violence. But as the violence increases and the numbers fall, can Shuya and his classmates survive?

Himu

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2017, 03:39:08 AM »
someone explain this game in a paragraph
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2017, 03:46:27 AM »
you are dropped on a quite large island with your clothes or lack of them with 99 other players, you scavenge for everything, weapons, armor, ammo, other clothing, vehicles, etc. at intervals a circle is created that is the "play area" and then another circle constricts towards this, if the second circle passes you (seen on screen as like this big blue wall of energy) you start taking damage per second, as people die and time elapses the main circle constricts further and further (as does the damaging blue circle) until there is only one person alive. third/first person shooter is the combat, which is closer to ARMA than CoD in design.

oh, should note one thing that really works for the game, when you die, you can instantly run again, you don't have to wait out the "round" or anything
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:54:46 AM by benjipwns »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2017, 04:02:57 AM »
someone explain this game in a paragraph
Never watched Battle Royale? It's that. But without "starter packs", you have no weapons at first and have to loot for them. First come first serve. The circles Benji mentioned are made to force people to move so people can't camp for long, and eventually you end up facing the last players alive.

It's a great game, definitely worth a try. I've never really played this kinda game before and didn't even check it out until a few weeks ago because I assumed I wouldn't be into it.

benjipwns

« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2017, 04:19:35 AM »
it's a game built out of a basic simple core mechanic and everything else is more or less just an effect of that (it started as an ARMA 3 mod so a lot of the "extra" is because that stuff was already in the game like vehicles or whatever) more than it is specifically designed, the circle thing is just so that matches don't last forever and you aren't going all over these miles of islands looking for someone, it ramps up the tension and forces encounters in a game in which even when you're good and stacked you really don't want encounters (i've had plenty of instances where me and a dude will start something and both try to escape the situation rather than hunt the other down)

check a lot of the streamable/twitch links to clips posted in this thread, they're short clips but you do really get a grasp of the scope of it and the highs and lows

if there is some youtube gamer you really like, find a video of them playing it, especially if it's not an informational/review/blabberfest video but like just recorded from a stream or something

like if you like giant bomb, the stream they posted to their youtube channel is better than the quick look because they're just playing rather than vinny trying to explain how it works to alex, and like stuff just happens and that's how the game is best represented (though there is some of that in the QL, they're trying more to show specific things and so on)

and obviously the dunkey video for high level MLG play

archnemesis

« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2017, 06:19:13 AM »
Will this go up in price when it leaves early access?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2017, 06:26:11 AM »
won 8 chicken dinners today  :lol some highlights:
https://streamable.com/76e80

as far as streamers go i really like this guy:
https://www.twitch.tv/chocotaco/videos/all

very informative as he gives comentary on why he's doing what he's doing etc. Idk what his rank is now but he's usually floating around the top for NA.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2017, 06:44:56 AM »
What the hell. What's your secret?

benjipwns

« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2017, 06:52:04 AM »
Will this go up in price when it leaves early access?
Who knows when that will be? At E3 he said the game was basically "feature complete" already from what they originally intended to create (which is why the Early Access message says it was going to be out in six months), but they also intend on continuing to expand the team and the game.

I'm not sure exactly how Early Access works in terms of the business side of the equation, like look at Day-Z or BeamNG.drive. Day-Z seems to be regressing even.

That said, the Early Access details say:
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“The game will remain to be at the current price even after Early Access.”
They've sold over five million copies at ~$30 so I'm sure they don't feel the need to up it.

benjipwns

« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2017, 06:56:10 AM »
video reminds me of minor thing i found out, you're right handed in the game so you can shoot around stuff like corners to the right easier than left

no more left-handed tyranny of counter-strike

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2017, 07:35:31 AM »
PUBG subreddit currently shitting it's pants because, shocker, there's gonna be crate and key

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2017, 08:30:38 AM »
PUBG subreddit currently shitting it's pants because, shocker, there's gonna be crate and key
Oh god no, not the ~MICROTRANSACTIONS~

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »

Now hit Subredditdrama.

Good thing I didn't buy this. :-* (Mostly because I'm a cheap-ass)