Author Topic: #latestagecapitalism  (Read 356355 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: #latestagecapitalism
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2018, 05:57:43 AM »
Tweet during a medical emergency brehs.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2018, 09:52:49 AM »
I don’t even understand it.
©@©™

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2018, 06:21:05 PM »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2018, 10:08:27 PM »
Tesla might legitimately go out of business.

It would take some time but it’s a real possibility that they have to liquidate.

This whole thing reminds me of a story I read about Steve Jobs running Nexxt computer (or however it was spelled).

The company was going out of business and he’s trying to figure exactly which Pantone shade of purple to trademark for the paint on the assembly line.

speaking of

https://twitter.com/tsrandall/status/991821775280529408

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2018, 12:46:33 AM »
Ah yes the Neverthink app, me and the wife saw this and were just "smh"

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2018, 10:33:04 AM »
https://www.google.com/search?q=lockheed+martin+stock+price&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Lockheed Martin shares are taking a beating since the prospect of war with NK is dissipating.  :cac
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2018, 10:46:25 AM »
Trump hurting small business owners. :(
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2018, 03:24:36 PM »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2018, 04:22:25 PM »
Neverthink app sounds rad for gettin lit and watching some tubes, sry not sry

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2018, 01:56:13 PM »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »
Prolly, y?

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2018, 03:05:20 PM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2018, 10:19:39 PM »
you snitched yet, filler?
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2018, 01:29:24 AM »
i'm no (((wrath)))  ::)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2018, 03:56:19 AM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »
i'll nnever doubt good emperor again :doge

jorma

« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2018, 02:07:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/998926829829394432

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/google-dont-be-evil-code-conduct-removed-alphabet-a8361276.html

In the news later this year:
The camera reported 2.209 burglaries in florida, and half of them matched with this man who is now wanted for questioning:

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2018, 03:32:37 PM »
Gross, look at those huge nipples.
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2018, 05:02:22 PM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2018, 05:53:20 PM »
Now free speech is sacrosanct.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2018, 06:34:49 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2018, 10:52:56 PM »
Context:
-My insomnia and general sleep issues over the last couple of months
-Constantly needing to work from home due to illness or exhaustion.
-Regularly working 10+ hour days
-Brain fog + being forgetful/slow/spacing out
-Not getting tasks done in a timely manner (right before 5pm) most days (Scrum/Agile [a productivity system designed for left brained CS majors developing software in the 90s...] or whatever has been a nightmare)
-Expressing the need to take a break from work to my Creative Director but, at the same time, feeling like I can't because I'm the only full-time production designer on staff since the other one quit a couple of years ago to have a cushy job as a "Graphic Communications Coordinator" at a private Christian school. Also, I have 6 years of professional experience under my belt and I know all our systems & client's quirks better than a temp designer or design intern would.
-We have more work/clients on retainer than ever before.

There's probably some stuff I'm forgetting but that's the gist of it.

Also, no designer in their right mind with 6 of experience or my skill level would work for "peanuts" ($33K~ a year) like I am. So I'm secure in that regard. They would demand $40K to $45K or more. Also, we just hired two new managerial peeps to help out with scrum and close something called an "AGI gap"? And I can't really ask for a raise until we close that gap... Basically we work too slow and we're not profitable because of it. But I'm already whipping up website concepts at lighting speed I can't imagine working fucking faster than I already am.

And sure you might say, "you idiot. find another job." but that would involve building a portfolio from scratch (since most of my client work is sub par imho) and moving to a large city (which I don't have the resources to do right now). So I'm kinda trapped.

Maybe this "sabbatical" will give me time to finally flesh out that portfolio...

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2018, 11:59:27 PM »
The bad part about working from home is that you have to install your own suicide nets.
©@©™

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2018, 01:16:58 AM »
I keep a notebook of things I see in my professional travels that I might use for material in a book someday that I update intermittently and tonight I updated it with this but thought it would also be appropriate for this thread:

"Note from taxpayer with personal tax documents: '[Current year] is going to be a great year; I will be working 3 jobs.'"

Also, to sort of poop on the general conceit of this thread, somewhat recently it came to my attention that Jeff Bezos's stepdad (who initially capitalized the comically evil online Wal-Mart) has his own "Fidel took my slaves :'(" story. :lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2018, 07:45:19 PM »
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-25-being-the-boss-of-dragon-age

We're upstairs at Zero Zero, a pizza and pasta place just a 10-minute walk from the begging mothers and the babies they cradle who sit on the sidewalks that connect the buildings that host GDC, the world's largest gathering of video game developers, a place thousands come to share, to learn, to network, and, occasionally - although I sense through gritted teeth - talk to press people such as me.
...Uh. :doge

« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2018, 09:48:52 AM »
the "If you don't give consent, we will still show you ads." popup on eurogamer is the real #latestagecapitalism

Corporal

« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2018, 02:57:34 PM »
It's crazy what kind of bloat gets added to some pages. Thank you, GDPR, for at least scaring the bejeezus out of some companies. I shall enjoy the "EU experience" of pages everywhere, for however long it takes them to weaselword their way around the protection.

https://twitter.com/fr3ino/status/1000166112615714816?s=09
Because of #GDPR, USA Today decided to run a separate version of their website for EU users, which has all the tracking scripts and ads removed. The site seemed very fast, so I did a performance audit. How fast the internet could be without all the junk! 🙄

5.2MB → 500KB
They went from a load time of more than 45 seconds to 3 seconds, from 124 (!) JavaScript files to 0, and from a total of more than 500 requests to 34.

Opening the USA today site.

US experience:

EU experience:

time to fire up those VPNs, m'gents.

Sigh... Two years coming, many more years in planning, and so many of these fools just now start to vet their sites and services for GDPR compliance. Speedy and efficient, that private sector, isn't it?  :doge
!list

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2018, 03:22:04 PM »
GDPR irritates me because I read it as GDR every time it's in an email subject line and get excited about der DDR being popular again only to discover it's some fucking nerd shit when I open it. :ussrcry

jorma

« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2018, 04:34:21 PM »
GDPR irritates me because I read it as GDR every time it's in an email subject line and get excited about der DDR being popular again only to discover it's some fucking nerd shit when I open it. :ussrcry

Meanwhile in DDR: GDPR ist die Titten, mann.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2018, 03:54:11 PM »
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2018, 03:55:18 PM »
fake
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2018, 10:51:24 PM »
I have more than $100 in my bank account for the first time in a year

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2018, 01:18:23 AM »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2018, 01:24:58 AM »
they're playing a bit fast and loose with the definition of 'honestly' there

Kara

« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2018, 01:44:25 AM »

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

jorma

« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2018, 04:19:43 PM »
Not sure which is worse, being on the xbox support team and waking up monday finding out you've been laid off, or being on the xbox volunteer team and finding out that you do what used to be paid work but you are instead being compensated with toys...

edit: ok i know what is worse, you can always find a new job, but your self esteem? That's harder to replace.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2018, 04:36:23 PM »

I read it as CDPR and open it thinking it's Cyberpunk 2077 news.
^_^

team filler

• filler
  • filler

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2018, 10:26:59 PM »
Neverthink app sounds rad for gettin lit and watching some tubes, sry not sry

Couldn't you just like...go to youtube and do the same thing?

if they're actually curating content, this would be a real step up for most people. really, your agency in choice is pretty limited. you are being directed through a series of recommendations and social cues.

looking at what is most popular on spotify/youtube i think it's clear "choice" leads people to making terrible decisions.
◕‿◕

Kara

Kara

« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2018, 07:35:44 PM »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2018, 07:41:31 PM »
That actually makes the most sense.

shosta

« Reply #171 on: June 01, 2018, 08:23:18 PM »
It made sense to me, too, but then I looked into it and that's inconsistent with previous research on life expectancy vs. political leaning so... inconclusive.
每天生气

Kara

« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2018, 08:37:09 PM »
I posted for the headline and the ad, not the headline. :maf

Kara

« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2018, 12:29:12 PM »

shosta

« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »
wait till that account starts spamming jacobin's inbox with pictures of dead Chinese kids
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2018, 09:17:50 PM »

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2018, 09:48:42 PM »
best part is the developer's justification:

We wanted to break the stigma of being homeless, and thus we developed a realistic simulator that will allow people from all ages and incomes to feel the heartbreak that is the day to day life of the impoverished and cognitively maligned. The game is an opus to every human being that has fallen through the cracks of society, only to be abused and subsequently forgotten by a world which values wealth above humanity. It is our sincere hope that this game will open the eyes of many to the ongoing oppression of their fellow humans, who are all too often met with a blind eye.

you're not fooling anybody breh

Kara

« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2018, 09:57:58 PM »
wait till that account starts spamming jacobin's inbox with pictures of dead Chinese kids

It was founded by Zbigniew "who cares about The Taliban, muh Soviets" Brzezinski so I'd hope it wouldn't try.

Or is this a PRC - US thaw joke because that's also applicable with Big Zbigniew.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩