Author Topic: E3 thread of new games like Skyrim and Skyrim VR  (Read 75062 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: E3 thread of new games like Skyrim and Skyrim VR
« Reply #600 on: June 12, 2017, 10:15:57 PM »
Original Xbox BC won E3
i realized a few months ago that mine is still sitting under my tv while the PS2 and Wii hardware from that gen got put away at some point long ago because i can emulate everything else basically flawlessly now

that and dreamcast basically, just needed the emulators, and if MS is going to take care of xbox for us 8)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #601 on: June 12, 2017, 10:16:23 PM »
i'm still confused about the sotc remake. it looks like the exact same game! they coulda changed it up at least a little seeing how the original is barely 10 years old.
pcp

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #602 on: June 12, 2017, 10:17:34 PM »
i'm still confused about the sotc remake. it looks like the exact same game! they coulda changed it up at least a little seeing how the original is barely 10 years old.

there are actual detailed textures in the game now

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #603 on: June 12, 2017, 10:18:25 PM »
Destiny 2 trailer was the best part of the show. Even though I cant play any of it, it still made me cum
fat

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #604 on: June 12, 2017, 10:23:22 PM »
Once again, the real winners of E3 are "people that don't give a shit about video games, you know, like video game publishers"
yar

Rahxephon91

« Reply #605 on: June 12, 2017, 10:23:48 PM »
Well Arkham Knight was garbage so I'm actually starved for a good Arkham game this gen..

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #606 on: June 12, 2017, 10:24:36 PM »
the best part about this e3 is knowing i can spend the rest of the year playing old cheap games i missed out on
pcp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #607 on: June 12, 2017, 10:25:15 PM »
Hopefully Nintendo delivers... I'll be happy with more of Xeno 2 and Mario Odyssey. Though if that Sin and Punishment 3 rumor is true, zomg megaton.
^_^

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #608 on: June 12, 2017, 10:27:12 PM »
Well Arkham Knight was garbage so I'm actually starved for a good Arkham game this gen..

:'( I loved Arkham Knight.
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #609 on: June 12, 2017, 10:27:27 PM »
MvCI Chun-Li

MvC3 Chun-Li

ど助平

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #611 on: June 12, 2017, 10:35:15 PM »
Monhon World is like CoD for Nintendo Wii.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #612 on: June 12, 2017, 10:36:56 PM »
god dammit ive got blue balls

where was the new tomb raider? the resident evil 2 remake? hell where was anything that looked different from what we're already playing now??
pcp

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #614 on: June 12, 2017, 10:43:33 PM »
no one is rushing to download a fucking MvC story demo; sorry Capcom
pcp

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #616 on: June 12, 2017, 10:59:10 PM »
couldn't they have just announced shenmue and ff7 again to get all the howling walruses in the audience flopping around in their seats?

Tasty

« Reply #618 on: June 12, 2017, 11:01:19 PM »
Monhon World is like CoD for Nintendo Wii.

:dead

Tasty

« Reply #619 on: June 12, 2017, 11:02:28 PM »
I was just thinking, I definitely liked the Nintendo Switch conference in January more than any of the E3 conferences  :lol

:lol And that's when they had fuck all for a launch lineup outside Zelda and dumped the $300 price on everyone. :lol

Nintendo's gonna deliver hard tomorrow :lawd

spoiler (click to show/hide)
They're not gonna deliver shit :goty2
[close]

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #620 on: June 12, 2017, 11:18:27 PM »
we already have that on 360

Not with X-link Kai/LAN support across three generations (X-box, 360, XB1X). Not with possibly new titles (DOA2U. :wag :wag), Crimson Skies being one.

MechAssault being another maybe.

JSRF finally being able to be played in HD. :rejoice

thisismyusername

« Reply #621 on: June 12, 2017, 11:21:43 PM »
MvCI Chun-Li

(Image removed from quote.)

MvC3 Chun-Li

(Image removed from quote.)

JESUS CHRIST. (Still catching up)

REmake 2 is probably cancelled.

Don't you even fucking say that. That's the only goddamn thing from Capcom I have an interest in anymore. (That and a 3 Remake, then Capcom can truly die as far as I'm concerned)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #622 on: June 12, 2017, 11:29:26 PM »
Marvel demo is up on J-PSN.  Max downloaded it and is streaming it now: https://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood

It's story mode only with some fights vs. the CPU.  It's also almost 6GB, so no way I'm gonna play it tonight with shitty PSN download speeds.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #623 on: June 12, 2017, 11:31:45 PM »
Marvel demo is up on J-PSN.  Max downloaded it and is streaming it now: https://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood

It's story mode only with some fights vs. the CPU.  It's also almost 6GB, so no way I'm gonna play it tonight with shitty PSN download speeds.

Not on PC = PC second-class citizens for another time. Truly inspiring me to look past your lack of X-men, Capcom. Truly.

Capcom shouldn't make fighting games anymore. They don't know how.

Fuck Ono.

No hate, but clearly SF4 was a fluke.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #624 on: June 12, 2017, 11:32:20 PM »
Real talk: 2017 already had better games than like, any recent year I can remember.

Granted it was just two of them (Zelda and Persona 5) but whatever, take what you can get.

The next year and a half or so looks shit for big releases, for sure.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #625 on: June 12, 2017, 11:36:16 PM »
I'll get RE7 when it's like, $15 on a Steam sale.

tbh video games can get fucked, they had a good run but meh

Wake me up when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #626 on: June 12, 2017, 11:42:49 PM »
Yup. I was excited for Zelda and P5, but I'ma special fellow out bigly when Cyberpunk releases. Game will be the tits.

SAVE US BASED CDPROJEKT RED, WE AREN'T WORTHY OF YOUR MAGNIFICENCE
yar

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #627 on: June 13, 2017, 12:13:33 AM »
fat

thisismyusername

« Reply #628 on: June 13, 2017, 12:13:35 AM »

I haven't played Until Dawn (I need to since Rami Malek is in it, but no PS4 still). But this looks interesting. And the fact they're making it into a "collaborative movie" makes it more engaging than David Cage's jank. If they knock it out of the park, this could possibly be a game-changer, IMO.

[close]

I know nobody here besides me cares, but Mina No Golf is always a good quick little party game, IMO. It does something most other Arcade Golf titles don't get (for me anyway) and the online change up might be nice. BUT: I already have it on the VEETOR and PS3. So I'm not exactly needing the new online and doesn't compel me to get a PS4.

[close]

:rejoice :rejoice :preach :preach But ya'll already know I'm an Uncharted stan. So I'm hyped for this. Though I still need a PS4 for Uncharted 4 proper. :-\

[close]

Days Gone: I can see why ya'll think this is a Last of Us clone, but personally: This has better gameplay (just from this demo) than the Last of Us. Like, I think The Last Of Us is ND's weakest entry out there. Mostly because their gameplay is trying to mesh Uncharted with Stealth and doing it badly. Here, you actually (just from this gameplay demo) have stealth options in regards to messing about with the Sandbox. Whereas in the Last of Us, you could maybe stealth past some sections, but 90% of them were set-pieces so you had to fight eventually. Fuck. That. But given that Bend copied Uncharted for the portable outing, it's probably going to be a solid Last of Us. Who knows, nothing that entices me to buy a PS4, but it might be worth checking out.

[close]

Finally, I can go on a date with Prompto! :preach

Anyway, Spiderman: Yeah, I can see where the Arkham Clone comparison/opinion is coming from. But you know what? Fuck it: It could be good to have Marvel's answer to that series. I'm not a Spiderman fan, but I'd play it maybe.

For me, this E3 was pretty lackluster.

I'd say:

+Bloodstained (if it works out it's graphics, even then will get for more Metroidvania)
+A Way Out
+Hidden Agenda (when I get a PS4 at the end of the gen or a decent sale on the Pro)
+Uncharted 4 and it's Expansion (^)
+Life is Strange: Prequel when it's $5-10 on Steam
+ AssCreed: Origins in a year when it's like $30 or so on Steam sale because I'm a tremendous figgurt for the series.

? The Last Night
? REmake 2 (but this wasn't at E3)
? Metro: Exodus
? The Evil Within 2, but definitely not this year. Will be a pretty hard sale on Steam for me.
? Cyberpunk by CD Project Red (but this wasn't at E3)
? Gwent support, maybe, depending on the direction this goes
? X-box OG back-comp but if it's X-box only, that'll be a hard "woah, excuse me WTF R U DOIN'" at MS because fuck buying a console just for that. ;__;

-Conferences flatout sucked because they were mostly predictable
-Not a lot that makes me go "OMG OMG OMG must buy" besides like 3 titles
-Still not dropping UWP by MS despite it being a pretty dismal failure that's hurting their PC initiative.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:22:34 AM by thisismyusername »

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #629 on: June 13, 2017, 12:18:19 AM »
Quality of games has been really fucking good for the past two years.  Exclusives stopped mattering last gen imo. Japanese support for pc and steam was non existent for a lot of last gen. Completely different now.
OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #630 on: June 13, 2017, 12:23:37 AM »

Seriously, are the only 2017 games two expansions?

And yeah, i really want REmake 2 as well. But looking at Shenmue 3 and FF7R, games already shown with footage, possibly never coming out and REmake 2 never being shown has me questioning that it even exists. I'll just put it out of my brain till I actually see a release date.

Speaking of RE: Where the hell is that Not A Hero DLC?
There's Knack 2, Everybody's Golf, and Gran Truismo. Yes not very exciting outside of GT. Still, if you like UC, Lost Legacy looks like a really good expansion.

Still, they've been busy. 2017 did have Horizon, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Wipeout, and MLB.

Where as MS will just have Crackdown 3, Forza Motorsport 7 and Halo Wars 2.

(retail games obviously)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #631 on: June 13, 2017, 12:33:39 AM »
thismyusername: UC4 is a snoozefest, Until Dawn is legit great

wrath: like rax says look st the whole year, sony launched two big new ips on their platform already
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:38:03 AM by Premium Lager »

benjipwns

« Reply #632 on: June 13, 2017, 12:39:30 AM »
Looking at those final Xbonex1OneX specs I can't imagine how hard they're going to keep testing the waters on pushing the original out of the picture.

bluemax

Re: E3 thread of there will be disappointment.
« Reply #633 on: June 13, 2017, 01:06:53 AM »
This PC conference :rofl

There's been some decent games announced.

I mean, that's subjective, but I mean the cringe that the show is squirting out is effortless.

Cringe goes without saying at these things. Only way to avoid it is to not talk.

Man, Sony's was bad. This is what happens when they do well and don't give a fuck. Trailers for Ames that have been announced. A trailer for a game that's being re released for the second time. Mvc looks like ass. No third party exclusives. Not a single mention of the ps4 pro.

You forgot PSVR! They spent multiple minutes showing a bunch of confusing PSVR stuff. Super Massive is making TWO PSVR games.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 01:19:18 AM by bluemax »
NO

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #634 on: June 13, 2017, 01:50:34 AM »
The conferences have been pretty mediocre overall. MS was ok but they showed mostly a bunch of 3rd party stuff and indie games, I'll buy most of those on PC. lol at $499. Sony had too many games from last year's e3. They can't show Detroit, Days Gone or Spider-man next year at e3 2018, just get those games out the door already FFS.

Where in the FUCK is the Itsuno game Capcom?

The only really cool surprise for me this year was SotC remake, unless Nintendo brings the fire.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #635 on: June 13, 2017, 02:20:15 AM »
Housemarque delivering again.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #636 on: June 13, 2017, 03:03:33 AM »
Games I am interested in in some form

Spiderman
Gran Turismo Sport
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Strange Brigade
Everybodys Golf
Ni No Kuni 2
Destiny 2
Shadow of the Colossus
Monster Hunter World
Days Gone
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Horizon: Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds
God of War
Skull & Bones
Sea of Thieves
Far Cry 5
Anthem
State of Decay 2
The Last Night

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #637 on: June 13, 2017, 03:30:12 AM »
Dad of War looks nuts. Day 1. Really hope they make the traditional March launch.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #638 on: June 13, 2017, 04:08:02 AM »
Sorry Wrath didnt read the whole thread buddy

Havent even played Nioh and Horizon yet  :-\

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #639 on: June 13, 2017, 04:09:55 AM »
Where is the Division 2 btw?

benjipwns

« Reply #640 on: June 13, 2017, 04:46:37 AM »
they're selling the first one for $20 this week on uplay, first time it's fallen that far on PC

and they probably have some of the people working on skull and bones or whatever

next year probably and watch dogs 3 i would assume? man, they really do have a whole shit load of open world franchises they just churn out stuff for don't they  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #641 on: June 13, 2017, 04:48:28 AM »
oh, they're trying to attach it to the Siege model of yearly content: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-divisions-year-two-expansion-plan-dooms-it-to-a-slow-death/
The first expansion, which is due this summer, will be focused on an event system that uses modifiers to play the existing content in different ways. Or, in other words, grinding the same missions for cosmetic rewards and achievements. It will also introduces a ‘loadout’ system, which will be hugely welcome given what a pain in the hole it is to swap builds in which all of your weapons and armour have multiple mods attached. But that’s a quality of life feature, and one that The Division should have shipped with. A loadout feature is not content in itself.

What players categorically won’t be getting in the first expansion are more story missions, despite being what the community has been crying out for. And more surprisingly, they won’t be coming in the second expansion either. “We can’t really deliver story missions that will fit into the RPG aspects of the game in a simple way,” Gerighty told the Ubisoft blog. “So we’re not going to be doing the classic main mission type of thing, but narrative content is something that we are definitely looking at.”

i guess they're actually working on Avatar games, fuck i keep forgetting that series supposedly exists:
From Massive’s point of view, the cost of continuing to service a game of this kind with new story content would be, well, massive. It’s pretty unusual for developers to create that kind of material outside of paid DLC drops. Which effectively tells us one of two things: Either the bulk of the studio is now working on the new Avatar project, despite Gerighty and Ubisoft’s insistence that Avatar will have no bearing on the Division. Or the rest of the team are busy making The Division 2, because they clearly aren’t all still working on the first game.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #642 on: June 13, 2017, 04:49:09 AM »
Most hyped for Destiny 2, but God of War and SotC looks quite neat. I need to buy a PS4 when I can though apparently. :doge

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #643 on: June 13, 2017, 06:03:05 AM »
I'm not expecting to see anything from The Division 2 before 2019 tbh.
oh, they're trying to attach it to the Siege model of yearly content: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-divisions-year-two-expansion-plan-dooms-it-to-a-slow-death/
Yeah Season 2 stuff is pretty light.

I assume the the vast majority of the team is working on Avatar now.  I have a hard time believing Massive is developing Division 2 alongside Avatar but I'd be a happy to be wrong. 

benjipwns

« Reply #644 on: June 13, 2017, 06:21:13 AM »
The one problem with figuring out what Ubi is going to actually do is they split everything across so many studios that they can have studios that are working on literally every game. I think Ubisoft Reflections was working on every game they had in development except Assassin's Creed (but including Just Dance) at one point even though their main title was The Crew.

Even Massive has been drafted to work on AC and Far Cry and Red Storm which had always been the Tom Clancy studio didn't do Siege because they worked on Far Cry 3 and 4 instead after Patriots was cancelled.

Siege itself has Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Barcelona, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Kiev, Ubisoft Chengdu, and Ubisoft Shanghai all listed as studios. Which is kinda nuts.

thisismyusername

« Reply #645 on: June 13, 2017, 07:10:07 AM »

No where, currently. Skeleton team on the first one (we may get Central Park, that's about it for support for the next year) while they work on their Avatar/James Cameron joint thing.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #646 on: June 13, 2017, 07:56:12 AM »
I guessed this when I saw the pan of the photo of The Sanatorium, but they just said The Inpatient is a prequel to Until Dawn.

Not sure why this game needs Lore, but

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/06/12/the-inpatient-announced-for-ps-vr-set-60-years-before-until-dawn/
fat

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #647 on: June 13, 2017, 08:19:28 AM »
Sony's E3 MO: We bring you last year's announcements and release them next year.

What a boring-ass conference. No wonder they had to get Shit du Soleil to do some mediocre performance art.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #648 on: June 13, 2017, 09:27:47 AM »
Well thats still the best tactic out of the 3  :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #649 on: June 13, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »
Nah, the best tactic is to show a bunch of BS trailers that don't feature actual in game footage of stuff that's still years away.

Obvs that's only in years where there's no new hardware to show off.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #650 on: June 13, 2017, 09:49:57 AM »
Man, that Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer... Sigh. What are you doing, Ubisoft? (Nice music though.)

And since it's been in a couple trailers again: fuck the Wilhelm scream. Let it die already.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #651 on: June 13, 2017, 10:21:33 AM »
I'm in for a XboneX for a couple of reasons:

1) $499 ain't shit
2) I already have a 4K TV begging for content
3) I miss playing Madden
4) I'll need something to play Red Dead 2 in 4K day 1
5) Other shit that is slipping my mind rn
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:10:30 AM by Brehvolution »
©ZH

Coax

« Reply #652 on: June 13, 2017, 10:24:14 AM »
And since it's been in a couple trailers again: fuck the Wilhelm scream. Let it die already.

Last memorable ones I've heard were Nier Automata's wild kamikazi robot screams.

:delicious

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #653 on: June 13, 2017, 11:02:38 AM »
Most hyped for Destiny 2, but God of War and SotC looks quite neat. I need to buy a PS4 when I can though apparently. :doge
Kinda bummed that i need to install battle.net again, but oh well

Tasty

« Reply #654 on: June 13, 2017, 11:10:55 AM »
Is it just me or does Spider-man look way too much of an Arkham ripoff? Do people really care about combat and stealth in a Spider-Man game?

Also way too many QTEs and scripted sequences.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #655 on: June 13, 2017, 11:20:29 AM »
well if copying arkham is what it takes to get a good spiderman game, go nuts
fat

Tasty

« Reply #656 on: June 13, 2017, 11:24:30 AM »

Spider-Man 2 was fantastic and didn't rip off Arkham so :idont

Like when the 8 minute gameplay trailer has zero free-roam web slinging and is mostly combat and QTEs, I'm just sitting here and going :confused

Combat heavy focus worked out so well for Web of Shadows, right? :larry

Arkham works for Batman because that's his character. Not sure it works when applied to Spider-Man. It's like if there was an X-Men game starring Professor X and it was some kind of kart racer.

Wait that could be amazing actually...

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #657 on: June 13, 2017, 11:28:22 AM »
That Spiderman looks pretty much like infamous to me

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #658 on: June 13, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »

Spider-Man 2 was fantastic and didn't rip off Arkham so :idont

Like when the 8 minute gameplay trailer has zero free-roam web slinging and is mostly combat and QTEs, I'm just sitting here and going :confused

Combat heavy focus worked out so well for Web of Shadows, right? :larry

Arkham works for Batman because that's his character. Not sure it works when applied to Spider-Man. It's like if there was an X-Men game starring Professor X and it was some kind of kart racer.

Wait that could be amazing actually...

What are you talking about?  What they showed fit Spider-Man perfectly and showed off stealth, Spider-gadgetry, combat, QTEs, and slinging.  Why would they show "free roam web-slinging" in a video like this?  It was meant to be a full-blown action sequence and it worked great.  The whole thing was seamless from start to finish.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #659 on: June 13, 2017, 12:00:39 PM »

I’m basically just expecting Mario Oydssey, Splatoon, Pokken, FE Warriors, Xenoblade 2 (+delay) and maybe if we’re lucky SMT5.

If I get excited once in this 25 minute presentation, I’ll be pleasantly surprised.