Author Topic: E3 thread of new games like Skyrim and Skyrim VR  (Read 75065 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: E3 thread of new games like Skyrim and Skyrim VR
« Reply #780 on: June 13, 2017, 08:01:59 PM »
It kinda got lost in the shuffle, but I really like the new Code Vein trailer:

dog

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #781 on: June 13, 2017, 08:28:41 PM »
Now i see why Nintendo murdered AM2R with such quickness, so it doesn't overshadow their own effort :lol

Also that Mario trailer was :lawd

The demo, not so much but i still have some interest in it (which is saying a lot since i don't care for 3d Mario games).

E3 on a whole was alright at best since no company had something to be called the best conference but there are at least 1 game from each that i'm interested in.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:34:24 PM by Purple Filth »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #782 on: June 13, 2017, 08:34:37 PM »
It kinda got lost in the shuffle, but I really like the new Code Vein trailer:

that raw uncut weeb shit

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #783 on: June 13, 2017, 08:41:56 PM »

yooooo
püp

Boredfrom

« Reply #784 on: June 13, 2017, 08:46:08 PM »
XB2 seems so tonally different from the first, it feels a lot more bog standard anime than XB1 did. Seems like a new combat system as well. And the sword chick has the weirdest boobs.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is looking pretty good!

(Image removed from quote.)

I'm not upset by this. :doge

Dude even as a JRPG-starved GameCube kid I knew that game was trash, lol. I still have nostalgia for it but yeah...

Wasn't this a Dreamcast game first? I feel like there were two JRPGs on the Cube that came from the DC and I owned both on DC.

I love WayForward, but I'm glad they arent doing it.

I know people who work at Wayforward, you wouldn't want them working on it.

imagine if nintendo announced the new smash with a nice-looking trailer, then quietly said it was outsourced to the guys who made Playstation all-stars

Last I checked that studio barely existed and only made mobile games so that would be kinda hard to do. Not that that gets in the way of your point completely.

Xenoblade X was also tonally different from the original until the second half when more parallelisms with the original become more obvious.

I don't doubt Xenoblade 2 will have some twists that make it less like a regular JRPG but the character designs makes it like it was from a Idea Factory RPG and the setting is nowhere as interesting or creative like OG Xenoblade and X.

Tasty

« Reply #785 on: June 13, 2017, 08:54:13 PM »
ITT: fandrex gonna fandrex, nothing new

ITT: fandrex was right, nothing new :umad

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #786 on: June 13, 2017, 08:55:07 PM »
no one is mad, gentle child
pcp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #788 on: June 13, 2017, 09:03:38 PM »
ITT: fandrex gonna fandrex, nothing new

ITT: fandrex gonna blatantly fanboy out instead of critically think about why a shit tier studio developing a game is a bad thing

HURR HURR GUYZ HEY LOOK YER GETTIN A NEW METROID AREN'T YOU GRATEFUL???

Seriously. You are like, the most garbage of garbage tier posters. Sure, Lager gonna Lager, etoilet gonna be a contrarian fuckstick that thinks he's way smarter than he actually is, but you're just. the. fucking. worst.
yar

Tasty

« Reply #789 on: June 13, 2017, 09:10:56 PM »
Your hate sustains me. :rejoice

Plus the fact that Nintendo won E3 and Switch is a huge hit. :jawalrus

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #790 on: June 13, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »
andrew there are times to special fellow and times not to special fellow
püp

bluemax

« Reply #791 on: June 13, 2017, 09:21:34 PM »
So Kojima spent the last two days doing nothing but retweeting cosplays and tshirts and something about a concert but no real information about his game.
NO

Boredfrom

« Reply #792 on: June 13, 2017, 09:26:19 PM »
So Kojima spent the last two days doing nothing but retweeting cosplays and tshirts and something about a concert but no real information about his game.

That sounds more like usual Kojima Twitter. Didn't he said beforehand that His game was not going to be there?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #793 on: June 13, 2017, 09:28:43 PM »

Honestly it's probably better for everyone if he does that than make games
yar

Boredfrom

« Reply #794 on: June 13, 2017, 09:52:05 PM »

Honestly, MGSV proves he can make games and the "failed film director" label is kind of BS.

Freyj

« Reply #795 on: June 13, 2017, 10:00:08 PM »
I was wrong about the Switch and Odyssey looks / sounds incredible.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #796 on: June 13, 2017, 10:00:35 PM »
can't rush art

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #797 on: June 13, 2017, 10:04:38 PM »

That sounds more like usual Kojima Twitter. Didn't he said beforehand that His game was not going to be there?

Correct. Something with Dorito Pope tomorrow.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #798 on: June 13, 2017, 10:06:28 PM »

Honestly, MGSV proves he can make games and the "failed film director" label is kind of BS.

All MGSV proves is that he works best when constantly poked with a stick and not left to his own devices
yar

Boredfrom

« Reply #799 on: June 13, 2017, 10:11:02 PM »

All MGSV proves is that he works best when constantly poked with a stick and not left to his own devices

???

If anything MGSV is polished to insane degree (outside the story department lol) that is obvious that he was just not doing cutscenes even before Konami unleashed its wrath.

thisismyusername

« Reply #800 on: June 13, 2017, 10:50:09 PM »
Watching this Devolver archive: What the hell did I miss?

Valkyrie

• Good Christian

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #802 on: June 13, 2017, 11:25:04 PM »
Watching this Devolver archive: What the hell did I miss?
Greatness to the level of Konami extreeeeeeeeeeeme, no even beyond

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #803 on: June 13, 2017, 11:41:27 PM »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #804 on: June 13, 2017, 11:45:20 PM »
Omg
püp

bluemax

« Reply #805 on: June 14, 2017, 12:35:26 AM »

Wasn't MGSV the most divisive game in the 3d series?
NO

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #806 on: June 14, 2017, 12:53:28 AM »

Yo whaaaat? Dude proved he could "make games" like three decades ago. They're not all perfection and some of them have aged like shit, but I loved my time with MGS1-3, ZOE and ZOE 2, and the little I've played of Snatcher. MGV is the strongest argument in favor of the "failed director" label - he called in a Hollywood actor to replace Snake, it's littered with overwrought, Nolanesque-portentous cutscenes, and holy fucking shit at the soundtrack licensing

I think "wannabe hollywood director" is more apt than failed. Honestly though I would love to see an actual movie he had a hand in than an actual game at this point. It would be a disaster, but I'm fascinated by the idea of a movie made by a guy who's entire creative history is the sum total of his influences, like some kind of bizarro Tarantino
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 12:59:24 AM by seagrams hotsauce »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #807 on: June 14, 2017, 01:12:27 AM »
People always spout weird hyperbole when it comes to Kojima

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #808 on: June 14, 2017, 01:46:52 AM »
MGS4 will always be terrible and Kojimas worst game, almost tanked him and a franchise. Peace Walker is a good mobile game, average as fuck console game. But its not nearly as offensively bad like MGS4.

MGS1 is still the coolest and has the most together story, best localization and voice acting in the series. Solid Snake never got better as a character, his peak started and ended with mgs1.

MGS2 is really weird and hard to recommend at this point, it takes some appreciation for shit that isnt related to gameplay, a product of its time to put it another way. The pacing is fucking terrible, a lot of the gameplay feels like a demo for mechanics of the game.

MGS3 is still great, corny and pacing issues, but great.
OH!

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #809 on: June 14, 2017, 02:10:41 AM »
I never played MGS4 so I won't comment on it, but I'll take everyone on earths word that it sucked.

MGS1: I played the fuck out of the demo of this, and it was the first time my decade-older brother saw me playing anything that he was actually into. He bought it on release day, and we played the shit like lunatics. The story is out there, but somehow even with an inhumanly emaciated psychic and a crazy Hulk clone surviving a tank attacked by grenades only to get eaten by birds later, my immersion wasn't ruined. It's like, sure, we're going over the top here, but the cold war conspiracy angle was over the top but in line with the tone of the overall game

MGS2: Okay, this game is super fun and really pretty and all, but wait, what? Liquid's arm is on Ocelot now and it's controlling him? Whatever, let's move on. "Laugh and grow fat!" uh, okay. "This chick is bulletproof? Oh shit, why?!" Oh... magnetic field technology. "Immortal gay vampire? Fighting my other brother who is also the president? Nine billion metal gears at the end?!" At this point I realized this motherfucker was loonietunes, but the game was a lot of fun so whatever

MGS3: Oh, the first boss is a maniac covered in bees, the survival system is dope and hilarious, the villain is some straight-up B-movie video lunacy, and it's still really fun to play. Oh, you can beat The End by setting your clock forward? Why let me play through this multiple times, killing him with a sniper, then knocking him out with the sleepdart, then shaking him down for his tags and the Moss Camo and eventually knocking him out via stamina for the Mosin Nagent. Bet the last boss won't be as good as this! (it isn't, at all)

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #810 on: June 14, 2017, 02:13:25 AM »

Also MGS1 was the best MGS games. Both MSX2 games are worth playing, with MGS1 being a 3D MG2 remake much like Ocarina is to Link To the Past.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #812 on: June 14, 2017, 02:55:13 AM »
Wait, is that really Dante's in-game model?

Jesus Christ.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #813 on: June 14, 2017, 03:00:39 AM »

Also MGS1 was the best MGS games. Both MSX2 games are worth playing, with MGS1 being a 3D MG2 remake much like Ocarina is to Link To the Past.

I challenge you to find a gif of white people doing a handshake of similar complexity

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #814 on: June 14, 2017, 03:33:04 AM »

I challenge you to find a gif of white people doing a handshake of similar complexity

I could dig through finals footage to find his shake with Kyle Korver, but that would mean admitting that you can't have two white guys doing a handshake of similar complexity without three Ks between them

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #815 on: June 14, 2017, 07:38:27 AM »
What a coincidence, this article just popped up on GAF http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1391336  :lol

What a bunch of shitheads.   :-\
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #816 on: June 14, 2017, 11:30:01 AM »
http://tay.kinja.com/cryteks-hunt-showdown-looks-insanely-ambitious-1796082743

was this shown/leaked/details anywhere?

EDIT: Gameplay after E3? Interesting, didnt see this anywhere till today.

Boredfrom

« Reply #817 on: June 14, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »

Wasn't MGSV the most divisive game in the 3d series?

Dunno if you could say as a whole that given that most people admit the gameplay is good. But storywise, is probably the most divisive.

People complain about Jack Bauer in MGSV but MGSIV is probably worse in self indulgence in both story and gameplay.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #819 on: June 14, 2017, 04:16:57 PM »
From an interview of Mojang's CEO regarding cross-platform play.

We're tying everything together with Xbox Live. So you log in with Xbox Live ...

Even on Switch?

Yes. (Laughs) That's pretty unique as well! But everyone that's in on this, all the platform holders, have been pretty pragmatic and understanding of that what we're trying to do is create a good experience for the players. We needed a good system to connect everyone, and Xbox Live is a good system.

Starting to make sense why Sony said "nope" :lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #820 on: June 14, 2017, 04:41:03 PM »
Well, saying "no" to that would make just as much sense for Nintendo, but they chose to play nice instead.

thisismyusername

« Reply #821 on: June 14, 2017, 04:46:22 PM »
Well, saying "no" to that would make just as much sense for Nintendo, but they chose to play nice instead.

Of course they did. Who the hell would buy Rocket League/Minecraft on the system if they couldn't play with their friends? :lol Same reason I'm laughing at Sony, why would anyone play that version if they can't guarantee they can play with their friends no matter the platform?

thisismyusername

« Reply #822 on: June 14, 2017, 04:51:31 PM »
What a coincidence, this article just popped up on GAF http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1391336  :lol

Bigly, if true.

Glad Konami has nothing of value for me anymore.

Bet the last boss won't be as good as this! (it isn't, at all)

:comeon

It was a CQC skill test and you can't lie that entire scene wasn't gorgeous to slam her ass down in.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #823 on: June 14, 2017, 04:56:04 PM »

I think Sony and Nintendo aren't exactly in the same relative position vs. MS in terms of online users.
Not to mention that Nintendo doesn't give two fucks about online. They were probably relieved they won't have to do anything for Minecraft.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #824 on: June 14, 2017, 04:58:19 PM »
Since reading about the cross compatibility stuff yesterday and remembering how quick ms was to jump on twitter to put the ball in sony's court, I assumed it was bullshit like going through Live, Also Nintendo wouldn't care because they hardly have a structured network and account architecture.

Tasty

« Reply #825 on: June 14, 2017, 05:09:43 PM »

Nintendo's online accounts are barely functional. They tried harder with the Wii U which is saying a lot. They probably DGAF.

Edit- Basically what Momo said.

thisismyusername

« Reply #826 on: June 14, 2017, 05:18:34 PM »
Seems more like MS restructuring their model away from dedicated consoles to something more like a living room gaming PC now that the Steam Machine didn't take. Wouldn't be surprised if the XBox becomes more like a videogame DVD player than an actual console with exclusives 5 years from now(implying that they technically aren't there already).

If they dropped UWP and just did this for their PC ports going forward (X-box Live play for free on the PC version, cross-play across consoles and PC for titles that make sense), I don't think a lot of PC folks would be throwing a tantrum about it.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #827 on: June 14, 2017, 05:37:40 PM »
Let me know when it will run Steam and I might get one
yar

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #828 on: June 14, 2017, 05:49:15 PM »
andrew there are times to special fellow and times not to special fellow

True, and only non-spergs can understand that difference.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #829 on: June 14, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »
speaking of special fellow

MH for Switch isn't coming out in the US :neogaf
püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #830 on: June 14, 2017, 06:37:58 PM »

Based Capcom, trolling Andy :rejoice
yar

thisismyusername

« Reply #831 on: June 14, 2017, 06:41:07 PM »
Let me know when it will run Steam and I might get one

Really, the best move for MS would be to allow their stuff on Steam AND have it be cross-play X-box Live should the person choose to play that way. It'd be the best of both worlds for them, benefit those that want a bigger playerbase (see: Rocket League, Tekken for examples of bigger playerbases that benefit/could've benefitted from cross-play) while allowing PC folks to ignore the "OMG X-BOX LIVE DRM" 'drm' fiasco.

I do feel if MS went full-on with merging the PC as the console (as they did with the original X-box) in reverse, a lot of the consumer base wouldn't really mind insofar as getting more games and getting Japanese developers and perks like Cross-play in addition.

thisismyusername

Tasty

« Reply #833 on: June 14, 2017, 07:28:09 PM »

Based Capcom, trolling Andy :rejoice

I don't fuck with spinoff shit like X/XX and World :trumps

Tasty

« Reply #834 on: June 14, 2017, 07:31:10 PM »

After my special fellow flameout desperately hoping Capcom would bring Tri G and vanilla MH4 outside Japan in a timely manner I have no preconceptions or starry-eyed hope regarding their MH localizations. If it comes out, it comes out. If it doesn't, fuck 'em.

archie4208

« Reply #835 on: June 14, 2017, 07:48:52 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #836 on: June 14, 2017, 07:59:35 PM »
Lol yeah I know, was a bad joke. :P

Completely lines up with the 4chan rumor despite GAF fighting against it (mostly cause some of the leaker's personal theories about why things were happening didn't match 100%.)

Looking forward to Portable 5th on Switch. ^_^

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not looking forward to the localization not being confirmed for a year and a half though. :goty2
[close]

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #837 on: June 14, 2017, 09:56:10 PM »
jokes

sure
dur

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #838 on: June 15, 2017, 03:10:36 AM »
https://twitter.com/GrandAcademia/status/874735867075719169
for some reason when i read this in my head i heard it in the law and order opening guy's voice

thisismyusername

« Reply #839 on: June 15, 2017, 11:24:52 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MvC3/comments/6h2vt3/former_capcom_intern_here_i_can_explain_why/

Delicious Fan Fiction. Must eat.

But then why do the Marvel characters also look like garbage?

I do believe you skipped over this part: Delicious Fan Fiction. ;)