Author Topic: E3 thread of new games like Skyrim and Skyrim VR  (Read 75063 times)

Tasty

Re: E3 thread of new games like Skyrim and Skyrim VR
« Reply #720 on: June 13, 2017, 01:27:07 PM »
No, it's Mercury Stream.  Hype completely deflated now.

Did you guys suddenly forget Nintendo worked with Grezzo and fucking Tantalus to port three major Zelda games and they all turned out excellently?

Did you forget the trainwreck that Retro used to be before Nintendo straightened them out?

It'll be fine. You guys were jizzing over the footage in the trailer and the gameplay on the livestream right now looks fine. It's Metroid. It's a remake. It's Nintendo. It's going to be pretty hard for MSteam to fuck it up.

Man, it's Metroid 2. I can just play AM2R.

OK? Then play AM2R. Not seeing the issue here.

Metroid fans are so fucking dumb. :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #721 on: June 13, 2017, 01:27:18 PM »
Sony's conference for sure had the most games I actually want to play, but Devolver Digital had the best show by far. Also, always reminded you guys grew up with Nintendo so you love their bullshit more naturally. Grew up with SEGA on this side of the world, my inner fanboy died with the Dreamcast :'(

A bunch of us are Segatards too(myself included). We just don't cling to playground beefs like some of you :doge
There's nothing to cling too, which is my point. If I was still fanboying for SEGA I'd have a hateboner for Sony. My point/observation is mostly that for all the gamers my age only Nintendo has survived since back then (MS and Sony are too new) so they are the only people late twenties early thirties with an unbroken fanboy lineage, and you can really see it in the nostalgia and way people cheer for crap no other company can get away with.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #722 on: June 13, 2017, 01:27:30 PM »
Metroid's back. Trailer looked pretty good. Never heard of this MercurySteam guy, so whatevs. :yeshrug
dog

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #723 on: June 13, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »
i mean it being outsourced to anyone already meant it wasn't gonna be as good as zero mission. but the focus on the counterattack in the video makes me worry this'll be a combat-heavy game instead of exploration-based.

whatever; i don't know shit about it and I'm just freaking out right now.
pcp

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #724 on: June 13, 2017, 01:29:38 PM »
  • Bethesda
  • Nintendo
  • Ubisoft
  • MS
  • EA
  • PC Game Show
  • Sony
Friend, did you not see our lord and savior Devolver Digital?

Tasty

« Reply #725 on: June 13, 2017, 01:31:08 PM »
whatever; i don't know shit about it and I'm just freaking out right now.

Clearly.

etiolate

« Reply #726 on: June 13, 2017, 01:31:47 PM »
It is curious that Nintendo didn't reach out to the various devs that have done a Metroid clone right.

FStop7

« Reply #727 on: June 13, 2017, 01:32:50 PM »
Me at home: "Oh, here's that Rabbids+Mario game.  I bet it's going to be a weak platformer with a collection gimmick similar to all of those licensed LEGO games.  They haven't even shown any kind of combat."

Ubi dude on stage: "OK, now we'll show you the combat.  This is a turn based tactical combat game and here's how you can do a double jump off of one of your teammates to flank an enemy and finish him with a melee attack.  Oh and there are skill trees and loot."

*monocle drop*

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #728 on: June 13, 2017, 01:32:58 PM »
I love WayForward, but I'm glad they arent doing it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #729 on: June 13, 2017, 01:33:12 PM »
lmao nintendo haters that are actually nintendo lovers
dog

Tasty

« Reply #730 on: June 13, 2017, 01:33:17 PM »
When the Metroid trailer started I was REALLY expecting Federation Force 2 and now I kinda wish we had got it instead. It's clear Metroid fans just like to bitch and moan about everything no matter what. Franchise should have stayed dead. #WorseFans

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #731 on: June 13, 2017, 01:34:57 PM »
Speaking of weird shit, whatever happened with that Lost Planet spinoff, Ex-Troopers, did it come out?

etiolate

« Reply #732 on: June 13, 2017, 01:37:34 PM »
Andy doesn't like Metroid games.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #733 on: June 13, 2017, 01:41:06 PM »
Let's be honest, not many people do (in proportion to other nintendo games), judging by the sales

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #734 on: June 13, 2017, 01:41:56 PM »
It's going to be pretty hard for MSteam to fuck it up.

Don't worry; they'll be up to that challenge.  :-\

Set your expectations low.
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #735 on: June 13, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »
Speaking of weird shit, whatever happened with that Lost Planet spinoff, Ex-Troopers, did it come out?

yeah, it came out on 3ds years ago. only in Japan.
pcp

Rahxephon91

« Reply #736 on: June 13, 2017, 01:42:56 PM »
so .hack//G.U. is getting a PS4 HD "remake".

Man there's just so many jrpgs I want this gen.

Tasty

« Reply #737 on: June 13, 2017, 01:43:41 PM »
Then why obsess over what fans think of new announcements? Why give a shit? Nearly everyone in this thread went "oh Mercurysteam? that sucks" and he thinks people just want to bitch for no reason.

It's just the same shit every year.

"WHEN METROID"

Here's a Metroid game.

"IT'S NOT PRIME 4 IT SUCKS!!!!"

Here's Prime 4.

"WHERE'S THE GAMEPLAY!!!!"

Here's a Metroid II remake.

"Oh hey that looks great! Day one! ...Wait a second I DON'T LIKE THE DEVELOPER!!!!! METROID IS DEAD!!!"

Goddamn at least F-Zero fans shut the fuck up once in a while.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #738 on: June 13, 2017, 01:43:47 PM »
Just force dearest Andy to play castlevania mirror of fate, if his soul survives he will understand

Tasty

« Reply #739 on: June 13, 2017, 01:44:39 PM »
so .hack//G.U. is getting a PS4 HD "remake".

Man there's just so many jrpgs I want this gen.

OK so that's three games I want for PS4.

Might be time to pony up and get a Slim.

etiolate

« Reply #740 on: June 13, 2017, 01:45:22 PM »
someone get Sakamoto a cheeseburger or two

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #741 on: June 13, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »
This classic fits perfectly.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #742 on: June 13, 2017, 01:48:35 PM »

I feel like we're watching two different livestreams. This looks like a perfectly fine Metroid game. Sakamoto is on the couch and likely in some kind of directorial or producer role. Nintendo has a great batting average when it comes to working with outside developers on first-party IPs. They're even doing a special edition with a music CD.

It was CRYSTAL clear when the first gameplay was shown for Mirror of Fate how terrible it would be. On the flipside you guys were creaming yourself over the Metroid trailer until someone mentioned the dev. Come on.

It's like saying you hate Coke but then choosing it in a blind taste test.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #743 on: June 13, 2017, 01:49:11 PM »

yeah, it came out on 3ds years ago. only in Japan.

PS3, too.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #744 on: June 13, 2017, 01:49:51 PM »

I don't even
dog

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #745 on: June 13, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »
You guys should be watching the Nintendo Treehouse stream, they just showed 20-30 minutes of it. It looks really good and before that they were showing off 20 or so minutes of Super Mario Odyssey which also looks really good.
Boo

etiolate

« Reply #746 on: June 13, 2017, 01:52:03 PM »
Let's be honest, not many people do (in proportion to other nintendo games), judging by the sales

This is the general problem. It's not that the series sells poorly. It just doesn't sell to the kiddos, so it doesn't reach obscene Mario levels of sales. I think it has a reputation as being harder than their other franchises, but it's not really any harder over the lifespan of the series. It's still a profit turner though and popular.

So you have a successful, well selling series that is always in danger of vanishing because of out of proportion standards of sales. And it represents some of the best games in all of gaming, let alone Nintendo's catalog.

Silly TV ANAOLOGY TIME:  It's Nintendo's Mad Men/Sopranos, but Nintendo got used to being an American Idol/Everybody Loves Raymond sort of company. They aren't a HBO company. Andy is an American Idol customer, so he doesn't get the concern over standards and lineage, or just plain existing and being appreciated.

Tasty

« Reply #747 on: June 13, 2017, 01:52:28 PM »
You guys should be watching the Nintendo Treehouse stream, they just should 20-30 minutes of it. It looks really good and before that they were showing off 20 or so minutes of Super Mario Odyssey which also looks really good.

That would get in the way of complaining so clearly they won't do it.

Who needs facts and gameplay when we have feelings?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #748 on: June 13, 2017, 01:53:25 PM »
I miss pre full-inafune western dick licking Lost Planet :(
Lost Planet 2 online was some of the craziest MP fun I had, no-one else but a handful of Japanese people play it anymore and they are stupid good :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #749 on: June 13, 2017, 01:54:41 PM »

I feel like we're watching two different livestreams. This looks like a perfectly fine Metroid game. Sakamoto is on the couch and likely in some kind of directorial or producer role. Nintendo has a great batting average when it comes to working with outside developers on first-party IPs. They're even doing a special edition with a music CD.

Castlevania Mirror Of Fate also looked like it would be a perfectly fine Castlevania game--  I even liked the demo enough to buy it. 

It was a trainwreck in the end, though.  You haven't played one of their festering turds games so you don't understand.  They killed Castlevania.  Now they're going to go take a shit on Metroid.  I hope it turns out well, too.  But I am setting my expectations really, really, really, low.  If they come through, great.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #750 on: June 13, 2017, 01:55:17 PM »
You guys should be watching the Nintendo Treehouse stream, they just should 20-30 minutes of it. It looks really good and before that they were showing off 20 or so minutes of Super Mario Odyssey which also looks really good.

Kind of like complaining that Spider-Man doesn't have stuff based on 8 minutes of footage, lolamirite

LOL at "feelings."  People are shitting on this because they played or heard about shitty games from a shitty developer. Has nothing to do with Nintendo or Metroid or whatever.
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #752 on: June 13, 2017, 01:56:20 PM »
imagine if nintendo announced the new smash with a nice-looking trailer, then quietly said it was outsourced to the guys who made Playstation all-stars
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #753 on: June 13, 2017, 01:57:08 PM »

Kind of like complaining that Spider-Man doesn't have stuff based on 8 minutes of footage, lolamirite

I was actually more complaining about what it DID have, lol. Cause I know when it's daylight and I'm in a bright red-and-blue jumper I want to stealth it up like Batman.

Also: at least I watched eight minutes of gameplay. Instead of a short trailer and hearing the developer and then flying off the handle. :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #754 on: June 13, 2017, 01:57:14 PM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #755 on: June 13, 2017, 01:58:32 PM »
imagine if nintendo announced the new smash with a nice-looking trailer, then quietly said it was outsourced to the guys who made Playstation all-stars
Weren't there rumours of a new PSASBR (whatever the fuck the acronym was)? so glad that shit didnt pop up :lol

Tasty

« Reply #756 on: June 13, 2017, 01:58:53 PM »

I was proven wrong when they brought Tecmo Koei into the mix for Smash 4 so I probably wouldn't mind.  :yeshrug

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #757 on: June 13, 2017, 02:01:00 PM »
Lost Planet was pretty good back in the day. Never played the sequels.

What happened to that franchise? It seemed set up to be Capcom's big thing last gen but sorta disappeared near the end of it and hasn't been mentioned since. Or if it has, it wasn't seen as a big announcement for whatever reason.

i think lp2 underperformed and lp3 bombed really hard
pcp

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #758 on: June 13, 2017, 02:01:13 PM »
Lost Planet was pretty good back in the day. Never played the sequels.

What happened to that franchise? It seemed set up to be Capcom's big thing last gen but sorta disappeared near the end of it and hasn't been mentioned since. Or if it has, it wasn't seen as a big announcement for whatever reason.
Outsourced to a western dev that went full DMC/Castlevania on it. Capcom/Inafune chasing 10 million sellers ruining games. I mean I guess LP1 and LP2 were completely different so there wasnt much form to go on, but both were good games, unlike the third. 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #759 on: June 13, 2017, 02:04:15 PM »
LP2 was interesting but idk if I'd call it a "good" game. I was a huge fan of the first one though. Felt like a modern take on Contra at the time.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #760 on: June 13, 2017, 02:05:52 PM »
Lost Planet didnt do too bad
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/resi-is-capcoms-most-successful-ip
Last I checked LP2 shipped 1.5 million, Capcom were chasing insane goals back then 

etiolate

« Reply #761 on: June 13, 2017, 02:10:09 PM »
Valfaris

indie games showing trailers without gameplay? smh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #762 on: June 13, 2017, 02:10:39 PM »
LP2 was interesting but idk if I'd call it a "good" game. I was a huge fan of the first one though. Felt like a modern take on Contra at the time.

I had a lot of fun with it and re-played it multiple times.  You had to play co-op for it to be really good though.  I also liked the multiplayer versus, even though it had balance issues.

Then came LP3 and EX Troopers.  I skipped the former and the latter did nothing for me.  I remember people playing EX Troopers in 2-4 co-op and enjoying it, but I couldn't get it into it.  It was like LP, minus the mech suits, for kids or something.
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #763 on: June 13, 2017, 02:14:16 PM »
Welp, looks like Spencer went full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

"PS4 Pro is competing more with Xbone S than Xbone X tbh brehs"
"I'm not a fan of paid for exclusive content"
"We are investing in first party like for realz this time but y'know I've been so busy with hardware stuff :("

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #764 on: June 13, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »
LP2 was legit in coop, there was just one mission that ran waaaaay too long, the versus was super, super fun.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #765 on: June 13, 2017, 02:18:13 PM »
Welp, looks like Spencer went full distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

"PS4 Pro is competing more with Xbone S than Xbone X tbh brehs"
"I'm not a fan of paid for exclusive content"
"We are investing in first party like for realz this time but y'know I've been so busy with hardware stuff :( "

discount Vince Vaughn strikes again.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #766 on: June 13, 2017, 02:31:06 PM »
LP2 was legit in coop, there was just one mission that ran waaaaay too long, the versus was super, super fun.

Unlocking everything kinda sucked until people figured out that you could play a certain stage over and over again to get everything fairly quickly.  :)
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #767 on: June 13, 2017, 02:36:49 PM »
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is looking pretty good!

Raist

« Reply #768 on: June 13, 2017, 02:52:19 PM »

Raist

« Reply #769 on: June 13, 2017, 03:11:46 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #771 on: June 13, 2017, 04:06:42 PM »
I played Lost Planet 3 - its way better than Lost Planet 2
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #772 on: June 13, 2017, 04:34:36 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I'm not upset by this. :doge
dog

Tasty

« Reply #773 on: June 13, 2017, 04:38:21 PM »

Dude even as a JRPG-starved GameCube kid I knew that game was trash, lol. I still have nostalgia for it but yeah...

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #774 on: June 13, 2017, 05:04:03 PM »
It's a Metroid II remake.  :o

lmao. Nintendo turning AM2R lemons into lemonade. I mean that's all well and good, but they're too late on that. :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
At least they're doing another 2D Metroid though. Now if they'd give me a NEW one...
[close]

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #775 on: June 13, 2017, 07:04:47 PM »
ITT: fandrex gonna fandrex, nothing new

Also, Cultural Appropriation Hat Mario looks dope as fuck
yar

bluemax

« Reply #776 on: June 13, 2017, 07:23:53 PM »
XB2 seems so tonally different from the first, it feels a lot more bog standard anime than XB1 did. Seems like a new combat system as well. And the sword chick has the weirdest boobs.

Dude even as a JRPG-starved GameCube kid I knew that game was trash, lol. I still have nostalgia for it but yeah...

Wasn't this a Dreamcast game first? I feel like there were two JRPGs on the Cube that came from the DC and I owned both on DC.

I love WayForward, but I'm glad they arent doing it.

I know people who work at Wayforward, you wouldn't want them working on it.

Last I checked that studio barely existed and only made mobile games so that would be kinda hard to do. Not that that gets in the way of your point completely.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:29:13 PM by bluemax »
NO

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #777 on: June 13, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »

I've been down for this since last year, hope it reviews well.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #778 on: June 13, 2017, 07:31:33 PM »
ITT: fandrex gonna fandrex, nothing new

Also, Cultural Appropriation Hat Mario looks dope as fuck

Holy shit. This is my new favorite thing.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #779 on: June 13, 2017, 07:38:52 PM »