Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2179508 times)

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
Re: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...
« Reply #20940 on: November 02, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »
As an ex-mod, I’d be insulted by an Xmas gift. The closest equivalent for me would be, say, a Feast for the First Night of the Prophet and His Bride gift. Or if it has to be in December, a gift on the date of The Annihilation of the Saint. We’re not all Xtians.

As someone who was raised a catholic, I'm insulted when people type Xmas.  It's Christmas.  If you can't spell it right, you shouldn't celebrate the holiday.  So I hope you don't.
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/12/the-x-in-xmas-doesnt-take-the-christ-out-of-christmas/

:thinking

Rahxephon91

« Reply #20941 on: November 02, 2017, 04:51:19 PM »
Wow this forum drama is a little ridiculous.

Rocky

« Reply #20942 on: November 02, 2017, 04:51:31 PM »
As an ex-mod, I’d be insulted by an Xmas gift. The closest equivalent for me would be, say, a Feast for the First Night of the Prophet and His Bride gift. Or if it has to be in December, a gift on the date of The Annihilation of the Saint. We’re not all Xtians.

As someone who was raised a catholic, I'm insulted when people type Xmas.  It's Christmas.  If you can't spell it right, you shouldn't celebrate the holiday.  So I hope you don't.

To be completely honest, I would be typing it out but I’m on a cell phone. No disrespect to your deeply evil religion.

It's okay, Jesus and I both forgive you.

Mortimer Brewster

« Reply #20943 on: November 02, 2017, 04:51:39 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Beefsoda already precarious mental state has been worsened now that he has lost his ability to ban people. Now all he has in his life is nightly binge eatings at the Cracker Barrel.

tummyfat

« Reply #20944 on: November 02, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »

Beefsoda already precarious mental state has been worsened now that he has lost his ability to ban people. Now all he has in his life is nightly binge eatings at the Cracker Barrel.

*not the restaurant.

**an actual barrel filled with crackers.

Averon

« Reply #20945 on: November 02, 2017, 04:52:51 PM »

I dont believe he has the self-control to step away forever. He'll be back under a new name on ResetERA, which may be best for everyone.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #20946 on: November 02, 2017, 04:52:59 PM »

To be completely honest, I would be typing it out but I’m on a cell phone. No disrespect to your deeply evil religion.

And in the words of maybe the current Prophet...

serge

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #20947 on: November 02, 2017, 04:53:10 PM »
Feeling really unsafe here right now. There are hundreds of resetti doodoo heads googling "who is ted danson?" trying to find my personal information, mocking me for posts i made on gaf. demi pls protect your members with a warm embrace.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Rocky

« Reply #20948 on: November 02, 2017, 04:53:59 PM »
As someone who was raised a catholic...
  :goty2

What's wrong with being raised a catholic?

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/12/the-x-in-xmas-doesnt-take-the-christ-out-of-christmas/

Well, I admit  that I never knew that.  I guess I learned something today hehe.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #20949 on: November 02, 2017, 04:54:03 PM »

We see you, resetera.

Jansen

« Reply #20950 on: November 02, 2017, 04:54:11 PM »
Why so many people here again?

They are here to bare witness to the beautiful hate machine

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #20951 on: November 02, 2017, 04:54:12 PM »
All 3 Godfather blurays in 1080p finally finished downloading and now prime cross-forum fuckery

It's not even Friday

Himu

« Reply #20952 on: November 02, 2017, 04:54:49 PM »
Besada claims of harassing but started all of this drama not only due to his words in the leaked discord pic but also his rant on twitter talking about how Reset mods are risking users safety.

How does he get away with this? Does he think he won't be on the list of users? How it what he's said not counting as harassing Reset users? After all, we *are* Reset users. And he's harassing us off site.
IYKYK

Dennis

« Reply #20953 on: November 02, 2017, 04:54:53 PM »
I was going to post this in the now closed thread on ResetEra so I will post it here instead in case anyone from that site is reading here.

"The ResetEra admins and moderators have handled things exceptionally well in my opinion. No unnecessary overreaction or drama."

And I mean it. I hope they continue not falling prey to those who are trying to stir up drama  ::)

meeb

« Reply #20955 on: November 02, 2017, 04:55:42 PM »

xmas xmas xmas

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #20956 on: November 02, 2017, 04:55:56 PM »
You are blocked from following @GAF_besada and viewing @GAF_besada's Tweets. Learn more

https://twitter.com/StormChamber00/status/926154738068082688

I just wanted to help him out is all  :neogaf

Did he delete his--

And..... besada's twitter is gone again

:neogaf

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #20957 on: November 02, 2017, 04:57:29 PM »
I think in light of besada's and other twitter users' midlife crisis actions in recent weeks and the whole missing christmas gifts we never got to the bottom of, it's best to remember the moral of the Boy Who Cried Wolf: That you should never tell the same lie twice

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #20958 on: November 02, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
Much respect to the ResetEra mods; such a difference when compared to NeoGAF.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #20959 on: November 02, 2017, 04:57:53 PM »
Peter Cetera, she may be your Himu, but she'll always be OUR Queen

:bolo
que

Jansen

« Reply #20960 on: November 02, 2017, 04:57:57 PM »
As someone who was raised a catholic...
  :goty2

What's wrong with being raised a catholic?

Well, I admit  that I never knew that.  I guess I learned something today hehe.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #20961 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:02 PM »
I was going to post this in the now closed thread on ResetEra so I will post it here instead in case anyone from that site is reading here.

"The ResetEra admins and moderators have handled things exceptionally well in my opinion. No unnecessary overreaction or drama."

And I mean it. I hope they continue not falling prey to those who are trying to stir up drama  ::)
I think it said temporarily locked. Someone must be writing something.
每天生气

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #20962 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »

Neither should you TBH, since the date was most likely made up anyway.

Himu

« Reply #20963 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »
Did y'all screen shot Besada's tweets just in case he and his friends try to argue we harassed them today when he was originally the person who made the tweets claiming reset mods do not care for their users' safety?
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #20964 on: November 02, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »
He ate it?

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #20966 on: November 02, 2017, 05:00:45 PM »
He ate it?
he's coming for your ass next

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #20968 on: November 02, 2017, 05:01:01 PM »
He ate it?

How many bans are you going to aim to rack up before your perm? Going to go for 30 this time?
serge

Rise

« Reply #20969 on: November 02, 2017, 05:01:17 PM »
Did y'all screen shot Besada's tweets just in case he and his friends try to argue we harassed them today when he was originally the person who made the tweets claiming reset mods do not care for their users' safety?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #20970 on: November 02, 2017, 05:01:27 PM »
Wait, I'm not sure I understand this off-site harassment stuff on ResetEra.

If someone posts "excelsiorlef is a doo-doo head" and underneath it says "Dennis likes this," does that get him banned?
Uncle

nappy

« Reply #20971 on: November 02, 2017, 05:01:31 PM »
Much respect to the ResetEra mods; such a difference when compared to NeoGAF.

I want to agree, but goddamn--being able to call people slurs like "coon" and "Uncle Tom" with impunity just because you're "on the right side of the history" is the very shit that made GAF as toxic as it was.

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty

Himu

« Reply #20973 on: November 02, 2017, 05:02:37 PM »

Bless up :rejoice
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #20974 on: November 02, 2017, 05:03:36 PM »
so besada had a twitter meltdown?

if you're an outsider reading: Bobby or one of his cronies doxxed people here and that's why his name and image are censored here. People here don't doxx others because nobody on the other forums is important enough to doxx and nobody here is into doxxing. You're thinking of kiwifarms. If, like besada, you get made fun of on the internet then that's probably because everyone outside of GAF hated GAF. You should have picked that up when everyone was celebrating its demise on social media. That community has some really awful people. Devs talked about GAF doxxing them after having a hate thread for them. Look inward.

Of course, everyone on the bore loves me so perhaps I am not the right person to talk about internet hatred.

thisismyusername

« Reply #20975 on: November 02, 2017, 05:03:49 PM »

Jesus Christ, what a whiny loser. Here's a tip: Nobody liked you, Besada. If this means the mods "threw you under the bus" to protect their site from being infected by you, then by all means: the "hate site" won in giving them a hard push on the wheel to sail over your wave. (caused by you jumping into the pool, you fatass)

if you're an outsider reading: Bobby or one of his cronies doxxed people here and that's why his name and image are censored here. People here don't doxx others because nobody on the other forums is important enough to doxx and nobody here is into doxxing. You're thinking of kiwifarms. If, like besada, you get made fun of on the internet then that's probably because everyone outside of GAF hated GAF. You should have picked that up when everyone was celebrating its demise on social media. That community has some really awful people. Devs talked about GAF doxxing them after having a hate thread for them. Look inward.

Also, this. We clown Etoliet because he's a loser, but he's completely right in this case. Nobody here doxx's. Ya'll are thinking of other sites (voat, OA, ...) and should probably look there before screaming bloody murder about "dem alt-right borians" without even looking at the entire board that shows 1) we aren't alt-right and 2) we don't doxx.

So fuck off, in other words.

dridru

« Reply #20976 on: November 02, 2017, 05:04:42 PM »
This forum stuff seems to be some important shit to some people. It's people talking about video games right? Why is everyone getting upset and acting like there is something meaningful going on?

Himu

« Reply #20977 on: November 02, 2017, 05:06:10 PM »
Also, note. I extended an olive branch with reset. Reset admin and came over and reassured us. Things were fine.

Then Besada makes that crazy tweet storm above accusing ill will (RIP) of Reset staff. Then the drama blew up.

So we were fine. Who is to blame for all of this?

IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #20978 on: November 02, 2017, 05:06:49 PM »
This forum stuff seems to be some important shit to some people. It's people talking about video games right? Why is everyone getting upset and acting like there is something meaningful going on?
eh, i get it. some folks see it as a community or an escape from their awful lives or the shit they have to deal with daily. some folks use online forums to be who they can't or talk about what they can't in their real lives. nothing wrong with that. the weirdness comes in when they become possessive of it and demand things be done to THEIR WILL.

but yeah, i understand treating a forum as an escape or an online home.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #20979 on: November 02, 2017, 05:07:08 PM »
He ate it?

How many bans are you going to aim to rack up before your perm? Going to go for 30 this time?

I won't get banned again anytime soon. I just don't like Besada slandering people (and blocking me on twitter). I'll be good.
:yeshrug

thisismyusername

« Reply #20980 on: November 02, 2017, 05:09:15 PM »
imma email u this dick and see what you do about it

hm, that was a fast transition to a new page. oh well.

You can e-mail me dick anytime, bb.  ;) :-*

Himu

« Reply #20981 on: November 02, 2017, 05:11:13 PM »
I'm telling y'all, Rowlf is legit. He is my nicca.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #20983 on: November 02, 2017, 05:11:44 PM »
Props to Resetti mods for that.

Obeseda still a bitch tho

thisismyusername

« Reply #20984 on: November 02, 2017, 05:12:02 PM »
Rowlf seems like a good mod.

Too bad I'll never sign up for GAF 2.0 while Beefsoda, BishopTL, and the BCT members are all there/mods. :doge

At least Blackace seems to have his own splinter forum to where he doesn't need to drive traffic at GAF 2.0. :rejoice

Rocky

« Reply #20985 on: November 02, 2017, 05:12:16 PM »

Neither should you TBH, since the date was most likely made up anyway.

It's the day we celebrate the birth of Christ.  And that's what I do on that day.  I don't even get presents on Christmas anymore.  I tell people not to get me anything.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #20986 on: November 02, 2017, 05:13:00 PM »
um why does the Bore have to be the Jets in this analogy
Uncle

Dennis

« Reply #20987 on: November 02, 2017, 05:13:12 PM »

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #20988 on: November 02, 2017, 05:13:18 PM »
some folks use online forums to be who they can't or talk about what they can't in their real lives.

FF7 is TRASH. I HATE all FF7 fans!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

K

« Reply #20989 on: November 02, 2017, 05:13:30 PM »
ResetERA are showing that they won't be GAF 2.0 by taking their own stance and running their own site in a fair manner.

Respect where it's due. :doge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #20990 on: November 02, 2017, 05:14:09 PM »
Glad ResetEra seems pretty sane, maybe some of you sad sacks will find something better to do now

spoiler (click to show/hide)
lol yeah, right. Just stay in this thread plz
[close]

Aeptia

« Reply #20991 on: November 02, 2017, 05:14:28 PM »
Phoenix vindicated  :preach

Dennis

« Reply #20992 on: November 02, 2017, 05:15:35 PM »
ResetERA are showing that they won't be GAF 2.0 by taking their own stance and running their own site in a fair manner.

Respect where it's due. :doge

Yup. Feels like they were at a small crossroad. Do things the old GAF way or be their own new thing.

Pills Here

« Reply #20993 on: November 02, 2017, 05:15:36 PM »
I am gravely concerned about this thread though. It is clear to me and others that the olive branch given to the bore was not taken in good faith and that the users from there are attempting to worm their way into a community that they have despised for years.

I just want people to feel safe here.

Gravely concerned  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Take it up with Big Bessie, he initiated the infantile drama because he has a chocolate chip on his shoulder over... nothing? He and Bish have proven themselves to be detrimental to GAF and a large part of that forum going to shit, s/he should be "gravely concerned" about them and the rest of the personality cult members fucking up resetera, not this place.

Rocky

« Reply #20994 on: November 02, 2017, 05:16:24 PM »

Amazing response AAA+

Yes, well said by Rowlf.  He seems to be a pretty good and fair Admin, actually.  Though demi is AOAT!  :D

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #20995 on: November 02, 2017, 05:16:28 PM »
Besada's last stand was more of a wet fart. And of course he deleted everything less than 90 mins later. Hope it was worth it, buddy.
 :nope
He's been whining about the Bore on GAF for years, of course he had to try and stir some shit on his way out the door. Now he's completely ostracized from the community while nefarious boritos infest ResetEra. :omg

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas. Maybe Malka will send you a fruitcake in the mail for your years of dedicated service.  ;)

SmokyDave

« Reply #20996 on: November 02, 2017, 05:16:32 PM »
Well, I enjoyed watching Nick Frost Santa grow gradually obsessed with xmas presents. The rest was pretty magnolia.

On Resetetera, the posters seem like a mixed bag, but the mods so far seem genuine enough. Good luck to ‘em.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #20997 on: November 02, 2017, 05:17:23 PM »
being Roman Catholic instead of glorious Orthodox

:neogaf

kingv

« Reply #20998 on: November 02, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »
the adder out here insulating himu is a coon/uncle tom, calling for bans, and saying they don't stand for people playing a game of "i'm not touching you" while doing that exact thing themselves and not being punished for it at all? truly it is the new neogaf

Yeah, it’s pretty bullsht adder didn’t catch a ban for that and dude catches a ban for saying fuck Besada.

Anyway, now I know why I could never figure out what gender excelsiorlef was from their posts.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #20999 on: November 02, 2017, 05:19:39 PM »
KILLS: amir0x, evilore/NeoGAF, Bobby, Besada

Hillary starting to worry about her high score being challenged.

:doge