Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2178856 times)

BadAss2961

Re: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...
« Reply #21120 on: November 02, 2017, 06:48:10 PM »
So Besada unraveled less than two weeks into no longer being an internet forum moderator.  :mjcry

tummyfat

« Reply #21121 on: November 02, 2017, 06:48:33 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Why is he standing next too a giant vagina full of xmas presents?
Those are the mods presents.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM THOUGH?

Dennis

« Reply #21122 on: November 02, 2017, 06:49:02 PM »
Why is he standing next too a giant vagina full of xmas presents?

What? They don't have Christmas vaginas in your country?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21123 on: November 02, 2017, 06:49:21 PM »
Feels good being on the alt-right side of history

Boredfrom

« Reply #21124 on: November 02, 2017, 06:49:42 PM »
BR (or buddy) send my boss an email about me. We lol'd a bit about it over beer.

Welp, I guess some of the rumors of Gaf ex mod team are actually true. Dont be surprised if they try to harass other users in Twitter.

Averon

« Reply #21125 on: November 02, 2017, 06:52:22 PM »
Why are all these ex-GAF mods trying to start drama? Seeing them trying to weasel their way into influencing Era moderation is pathetic. And when they don't get their way, they feign "concern" and imply their safety is at risk. Such blatant emotional manipulation.

Valhelm

« Reply #21126 on: November 02, 2017, 06:52:59 PM »
let's take our bets -- what are the odds reset era goes alt-right before gaf?

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #21127 on: November 02, 2017, 06:53:53 PM »

9000 to 1

maybe over.

Aeptia

« Reply #21128 on: November 02, 2017, 06:55:16 PM »

Labor :bolo

Pills Here

« Reply #21129 on: November 02, 2017, 06:55:54 PM »
Stormfront gets shut down...

...and resetera opens....

Hmm.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #21130 on: November 02, 2017, 06:56:11 PM »
I hope this doesn't count as doxxing as I'm not posting any names. But if I had a sister like this...

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #21131 on: November 02, 2017, 06:56:24 PM »
Stormfront gets shut down...

...and resetera opens....

Hmm.

Hm indeed.

Pills Here

« Reply #21132 on: November 02, 2017, 06:58:38 PM »
I hope this doesn't count as doxxing as I'm not posting any names. But if I had a sister like this...

Is that Besada?  :o

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #21133 on: November 02, 2017, 06:59:57 PM »
This cross forum drama that just exploded is a little extra.

They grown. We grown. Act grown.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

Having said that, GAF is absolutely dead! I haven't seen the thread tab "threads last updated yesterday" on the mobile site climb up to the first page of OT ever, until today.
Unzip

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #21134 on: November 02, 2017, 07:00:49 PM »
What? They don't have Christmas vaginas in your country?
Of course we do but my upstanding Christian nation has the decency to blur or pixilate them in pictures, not leave them flapping and exposed for the children to see.  :maf

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #21135 on: November 02, 2017, 07:01:38 PM »
Now that Besada is deflated we don't have to talk about him anymore. BORING
fat

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #21136 on: November 02, 2017, 07:02:59 PM »
Besada will come back to twitter in a few days. "I thought I was done but..."

Boredfrom

« Reply #21137 on: November 02, 2017, 07:03:15 PM »
Did y'all screen shot Besada's tweets just in case he and his friends try to argue we harassed them today when he was originally the person who made the tweets claiming reset mods do not care for their users' safety?

Ghostlighting is more difficult when you dont have any form of power, eh Besada?

Why are all these ex-GAF mods trying to start drama? Seeing them trying to weasel their way into influencing Era moderation is pathetic. And when they don't get their way, they feign "concern" and imply their safety is at risk. Such blatant emotional manipulation.

There is a lot of past bad behavior that the ex-GAF mods are are afraid of suddenly surfacing. Thought Resetera seems to care less about this, is most probably that people like Besada or Bish would prefer that the GAF-Reset community didnt now. They are counting that the old tactic of "shame and shit talk people" will sway some mods or users to believe them unconditionally, thought that would be difficult given that they dont have any real power anymore.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #21138 on: November 02, 2017, 07:09:14 PM »
No, TVC wanted it IIRC. But he didn't give a reason. If he put it forward because of that, he truly is playing 4D chess post-GAF.

I just want to say I did not request it because of this. I requested it because of my Ted Danson obsession and I wanted all that attention to go to a worthy individual.
serge

MIMIC

« Reply #21139 on: November 02, 2017, 07:12:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/inside-hillary-clinton%E2%80%99s-secret-takeover-of-the-dnc.3470/page-15

You mean to tell me that the same shitty, nasty, toxic, stifing opinions that were echoed back and forth on GAF found their way onto Resetera???  :o No way!

PoliGAF is awful and will continue to be awful, no matter where their home is. But instead of banning political discussion on GAF, I would just ban certain USERS, since there is always a select few that don't know how to act.

Novid

« Reply #21140 on: November 02, 2017, 07:13:03 PM »
Lurkers please white list TheBore !

I don't know why but that goofy Anita pic warms my heart everytime I see it  :lol

could really use a dislike button rn

She's a cutie  :-*

go find the xvideos vid of her and think she a cutie then. she a oc slut like the rest of them. At least Kim and her sisters had some class.

E-DuB

« Reply #21141 on: November 02, 2017, 07:14:40 PM »

Having said that, GAF is absolutely dead! I haven't seen the thread tab "threads last updated yesterday" on the mobile site climb up to the first page of OT ever, until today
It’s wild how most of the new threads will get, like, 15 replies while the other site has multiple posts per minute

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #21142 on: November 02, 2017, 07:15:12 PM »
why does 85% of the reset threads I click on say they are closed

wtf?

Valhelm

« Reply #21143 on: November 02, 2017, 07:16:19 PM »
This cross forum drama that just exploded is a little extra.

They grown. We grown. Act grown.

I'm getting too old for this shit.

Having said that, GAF is absolutely dead! I haven't seen the thread tab "threads last updated yesterday" on the mobile site climb up to the first page of OT ever, until today.

egg on my face

I thought two, three days afterward Gaming-side would be pretty much back to normal

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21144 on: November 02, 2017, 07:18:50 PM »

I don't know why but that goofy Anita pic warms my heart everytime I see it  :lol

go find the xvideos vid of her and think she a cutie then. she a oc slut like the rest of them. At least Kim and her sisters had some class.
Why do you hate sluts, breh? They are my favorite

« Reply #21145 on: November 02, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »
Well this was quite the read.

And hey look Era peeps were good after all.  :doge

Himu

« Reply #21146 on: November 02, 2017, 07:19:17 PM »
So uhhh...with his trial tomorrow, I've been thinking about it and I think we were wrong to assume to accused all of the gaf staff for caping for Ami. Just like how it's wrong they label us all as alt right/Nazis because of mere association of the more disgusting posters here, it's probably not good to label all former gaf mods as harboring a defense force for Ami. I admit we said some harsh shit. After the Waypoint article i think understand their mindset more in that process, and I understand that many thought of leaving the staff at that point. At this point is spoiled mil. You know if you went up against Evi, he would have banned them even if they're staff. We've established what happened to countless gaf mods over the years and I understand trying to stick around and convince EviLore how wrong it is to save the community you moderate for free.

I know lots of people got banned here for mentioning the Ami thing after the gag order came so it's not easy, but I'm not convinced at this point that most of the staff had ill intentions and given that gaf didn't have transparency and we didn't know who banned who - and that we can only guess - it's probably not good to lump all of the former staff into a giant pile. The fact that most of the former gaf staff (sans Besada) have settled nicely post-gaf and are absolutely fine no longer being mods anymore shows they did care about the community.

But, for both our parts, communication has been poor and we've made bad assumptions both ways.

:idont

I can admit when I'm wrong.
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #21147 on: November 02, 2017, 07:20:05 PM »
Can we PLEASE just get back to the gay subtext?
que

Risible

« Reply #21148 on: November 02, 2017, 07:20:55 PM »
Come for the shit posting, stay for the non-stop references to Demi's love for large men.

TVC15

« Reply #21149 on: November 02, 2017, 07:21:14 PM »
Jesus, Himu. You’ve gone soft. I need you all bitched up again. It’s hotter. Tempestuous Himu is where it’s at.
serge

nampad

« Reply #21150 on: November 02, 2017, 07:23:47 PM »
Damn, I just spent over an hour reading all that forum drama.  :holeup
I should write a book about it. :shaqc

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #21151 on: November 02, 2017, 07:26:37 PM »
Amir0x trial is tomorrow finally? #HYPE

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #21152 on: November 02, 2017, 07:28:51 PM »
So uhhh...with his trial tomorrow, I've been thinking about it and I think we were wrong to assume to accused all of the gaf staff for caping for Ami. Just like how it's wrong they label us all as alt right/Nazis because of mere association of the more disgusting posters here, it's probably not good to label all former gaf mods as harboring a defense force for Ami. I admit we said some harsh shit. After the Waypoint article i think understand their mindset more in that process, and I understand that many thought of leaving the staff at that point. At this point is spoiled mil. You know if you went up against Evi, he would have banned them even if they're staff. We've established what happened to countless gaf mods over the years and I understand trying to stick around and convince EviLore how wrong it is to save the community you moderate for free.

I know lots of people got banned here for mentioning the Ami thing after the gag order came so it's not easy, but I'm not convinced at this point that most of the staff had ill intentions and given that gaf didn't have transparency and we didn't know who banned who - and that we can only guess - it's probably not good to lump all of the former staff into a giant pile. The fact that most of the former gaf staff (sans Besada) have settled nicely post-gaf and are absolutely fine no longer being mods anymore shows they did care about the community.

But, for both our parts, communication has been poor and we've made bad assumptions both ways.

The diff is when etoilet or Dennis gets arrested (Whichever comes first) we'll be like "yeah, those guys were jerks."
Instead of

Oh that and no one at the bore tries to shut anyone up. Well, with the exception of Creepy Stalker, and let's be honest, that probably saved someone's life.
Like I've said several times there's really largely no beef with any former or current mods. But when someone sets themselves up as the arbiter as to who is good and bad (oh noes! Kids!  you isn't safe!!) then be prepared to be called out on it.
que

tummyfat

« Reply #21153 on: November 02, 2017, 07:28:55 PM »
Not a trial. Just a hearing to allow him to plea out. We could still have to wait even longer if the dumb motherfucker actually takes this to trial.

stufte

« Reply #21154 on: November 02, 2017, 07:29:46 PM »

A GAF styled OT would be hilarious.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #21155 on: November 02, 2017, 07:30:12 PM »
Oh. Well I am sure when the time comes, there will be a lot of understanding of how the photos of nude children, were purely none sexual and therefor legal.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #21156 on: November 02, 2017, 07:31:45 PM »

:iface

Boredfrom

« Reply #21157 on: November 02, 2017, 07:32:33 PM »

By this logic, Im not convinced most of the past GAF mod team were not aware how shitty it looked the stuff with Amirox or the shit ass behavior of Besada (any talk about that was also a enforced instant ban). I will give credit to the Resetera team for sticking on their guns and following their own politics of "leaving the past behind", but is telling they decided to go with a clean team and that Besada or Bishop are acting passive agressive about it.

TVC15

« Reply #21158 on: November 02, 2017, 07:33:11 PM »
I still can’t believe he told police he had “many fetishes.” If I ever find myself in a position where I have to admit that to police, I’d be suicide by copping.
serge

« Reply #21159 on: November 02, 2017, 07:34:05 PM »

Pour one out for the man who'd rather get mad about us laughing at his poor decisions rather than the birdfruits who have been digging dirt on him for months

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #21160 on: November 02, 2017, 07:34:26 PM »
Quote from: Cindi Mayweather
After the Waypoint article i think understand their mindset more in that process, and I understand that many thought of leaving the staff at that point. At this point is spoiled mil. You know if you went up against Evi, he would have banned them even if they're staff.

Sorry but, so fucking what?

Trurl

« Reply #21161 on: November 02, 2017, 07:41:53 PM »
Not a fan of ridiculing people for their weight. I also remember liking Besada in his pre-mod days so it's sad to see see how things turned out.

Still, this my favorite forum.

Maybe he should post here and see what it's about when he's chilled
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:46:04 PM by Trurl »

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #21162 on: November 02, 2017, 07:47:55 PM »
I'd like to take a moment and admire the user moblin. He's been a member for years, and he's absolutely committed to not posting a single post, yet fully utilizing his constitutional rights to like posts.

:salute
Unzip

nudemacusers

« Reply #21163 on: November 02, 2017, 07:51:37 PM »
It’s pretty much the equivalent of voting for Jill stein.

Moblin :ufup
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

tummyfat

« Reply #21164 on: November 02, 2017, 07:52:20 PM »
Not a fan of ridiculing people for their weight. I also remember liking Besada in his pre-mod days so it's sad to see see how things turned out.

Will never happen. He's an ideologue and we are all the enemy

Also, he's fat.

Rocky

« Reply #21165 on: November 02, 2017, 07:57:30 PM »

Will never happen. He's an ideologue and we are all the enemy

Also, he's fat.

I think you mean (he's fat)

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #21166 on: November 02, 2017, 07:57:35 PM »

I don't think cum tributes count.  :doge

Unless the vid is hidden under some generic title.  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21167 on: November 02, 2017, 07:58:19 PM »
moblin :rejoice

ResettiEra :obama

Nintendo :lawd

these new juniors :nope

Marhunchy

« Reply #21168 on: November 02, 2017, 08:02:25 PM »

I don't think cum tributes count.  :doge

Unless the vid is hidden under some generic title.  :doge

you really went and searched  :hhh

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #21169 on: November 02, 2017, 08:05:07 PM »
I want Besada to post here so I can ask him why the hell he permed me even though I only had 3 bans in 7 years.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #21170 on: November 02, 2017, 08:12:48 PM »
This guy is making long, informed posts on the causes of The Civil War and is getting nothing back but drive by shit posts.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/448409/

GAF is alive!
sigh

nudemacusers

« Reply #21171 on: November 02, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »
I want Besada to post here so I can ask him why the hell he permed me even though I only had 3 bans in 7 years.
prob cuz u suck
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #21172 on: November 02, 2017, 08:26:26 PM »
I think we've found Benji's Peter Cetera alt.
que

nudemacusers

« Reply #21173 on: November 02, 2017, 08:27:56 PM »
Hmm just noticed my bae rude posts on recetera :leon :rejoice :checkit
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

kingv

« Reply #21174 on: November 02, 2017, 08:28:58 PM »
So the forum rumble was called off?  I wrapped a chain around a bat for nothing.

Looks like it's back on...

Cindi called out, based on what somebody on some other forum said with absolutely no details or receipts, which is some BS.  Cindi not feigning any knowledge about doxing, just said that the Bore hasn't.  It's one word against another, and no proof.

BCT extremely angry to see mods extending an olive branch

That BCT thread is pathetic. Everyone has “hidden agendas” and is “clever” like there is some secret video game forum off-topic racist conspiracy or something.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #21175 on: November 02, 2017, 08:31:04 PM »
I'd like to take a moment and admire the user moblin. He's been a member for years, and he's absolutely committed to not posting a single post, yet fully utilizing his constitutional rights to like posts.

:salute

You know the Bore will implode if (s)he comes in and posts POP-GAF/ATRL speak in a thread and then vanishes. Never to return. Kinda like a yeti...

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #21176 on: November 02, 2017, 08:40:41 PM »
I just saw moblin like, then unlike that post. He's sentient?
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #21177 on: November 02, 2017, 08:43:23 PM »
moblin, I love you and I will always love you, even if your first post is to come out as a Taylor Swift or Beyoncé or Carly Rae Jepsen loser fan. You’re still my son.
serge

Nervousxtian

« Reply #21178 on: November 02, 2017, 08:44:35 PM »
I'm actually pleasantly surprised that resetera seems to be doing quite well.    GAF is dead, there's almost no point in it staying around..  I thought reset was going to be lord of the flies and it's pretty much just GAF 2.0 without the absolute shit mod team.     Maybe because there's so many mods, no mod feels like they are all powerful like you had at GAF.   

The color scheme is still horrible.

Also fuck Besada for acting like the Bobby Roberts stuff was actual harrassment. 

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #21179 on: November 02, 2017, 08:47:10 PM »
I'm actually pleasantly surprised that resetera seems to be doing quite well.    GAF is dead, there's almost no point in it staying around..  I thought reset was going to be lord of the flies and it's pretty much just GAF 2.0 without the absolute shit mod team.     Maybe because there's so many mods, no mod feels like they are all powerful like you had at GAF.   

The color scheme is still horrible.

Also fuck Besada for acting like the Ted Danson stuff was actual harrassment. 

there were plenty of mods at gaf but most of them were dickheads/narcisstic sociopaths