Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2179418 times)

OathToOrder

Re: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...
« Reply #18240 on: October 28, 2017, 01:59:45 AM »
 :drudge There's someone named Ladyboy on RE. Slipped through or what? :drudge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/combofiend-has-left-capcom.1929/page-2#post-140302

Profile says that they are female.

El Babua

« Reply #18241 on: October 28, 2017, 01:59:54 AM »
That PUA shit does more or less work though
Just opening your mouth, engaging other people and not being a fucking weirdo works too.

No faux-magician illusionist persona required.

Gotta neg them bitches to get some tang breh.

Bamelin

« Reply #18242 on: October 28, 2017, 02:02:40 AM »
uhhh... where, exactly, are the GamerGate bros on this site? I haven't seen one.

Bremlin is an idiot passionate trump supporter.  :doge

:doge

agrajag

« Reply #18243 on: October 28, 2017, 02:04:51 AM »
That PUA shit does more or less work though
Just opening your mouth, engaging other people and not being a fucking weirdo works too.

No faux-magician illusionist persona required.

And they need more rules like not walking in on someone in the shower naked. Some people needed that and the manual failed them!

But how else are you going to show the women you are not a mark?

Bamelin

« Reply #18244 on: October 28, 2017, 02:07:43 AM »
Look at this thread:

CNN: First charges filed in Mueller investigation

LOOK AT IT.

Almost 3 hours old, and 87 fucking posts??!?! And a chunk of those are simply questioning if the thread is even allowed!!!

Jesus tapdancing Christ. I'm fucking stunned at how hard and fast GAF fell.

:ohhh

437 posts on Era.

If I wasn't  perma banned on GAF I'd post on Defence force.  Sadly (or maybe ironically?) this is the story of GAF.  Even those who would defend it are banned.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:12:07 AM by Bamelin »

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #18245 on: October 28, 2017, 02:07:54 AM »
Opened my set with a choke opener / neg / kino combo on my wife.  Subcommunicated all knids of great shit about myself with a DHV or 2 and had her begging me for dick by the end of the night.

I think I recognize some of those words you said. Nouns, verbs...I think there are also prepositions there.

Bamelin

« Reply #18246 on: October 28, 2017, 02:11:18 AM »
PUA.

:kobeyuck

I wouldnt put Red Pill Theory in the same category as PUA bullshit. Red Pill is basically trying to get men to better themselves and know their worth.

Agree

« Reply #18247 on: October 28, 2017, 02:11:51 AM »
PUA.

I wouldnt put Red Pill Theory in the same category as PUA bullshit. Red Pill is basically trying to get men to better themselves and know their worth.

Agree

I for one am shocked.

Bamelin

« Reply #18248 on: October 28, 2017, 02:12:38 AM »
PUA.

Agree

I for one am shocked.

Your not :)

« Reply #18249 on: October 28, 2017, 02:13:56 AM »
PUA.

Agree

I for one am shocked.

Your not :)

:gurl

OathToOrder

« Reply #18250 on: October 28, 2017, 02:14:27 AM »
BAMELIN!
 :bolo

Spill the beans on Sony astroturfing on GAF, Mr. Bitch approved PlayStation MVP.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #18251 on: October 28, 2017, 02:14:31 AM »
I have an account on resetera now.

But you assholes here at the bore will always be my true online home.

« Reply #18252 on: October 28, 2017, 02:14:52 AM »
Wow Era is at almost 20,000 members.

It was at 11,000 just a few hours ago...

Bamelin

« Reply #18254 on: October 28, 2017, 02:17:20 AM »

neogaf is still profitable?

I dunno, it's gotta be, I'm sure he made plenty off all those ad networks, the viglinks, the amazon referrals... etc

I get geeked when someone buys something using my amazon referral :x

I think he can still salvage GAF.

One, he can clear all the bans and invite people like Dennis back who were willing to pay for GAF gold not so long ago. Sure, many will not care now, with Raclette around. But it's a show of good will, like a clean slate for himself and for everyone else.

Two, he can open the registration. He's literally costing himself money right now by making it harder for people to sign up, when the site is hurting for activity.

Three, hire some new mods, maybe even give them a symbolic salary, to ensure loyalty and that they do a good job. I see he already has some new mods, although I doubt he's paying them. He could even give someone like Messofanego modship, as a show that GAF is still down with social justice. He doesn't seem as threatening as someone like subpar spatula who is just a toxic fuck and would drive people away.

He could invite Ted Danson back, with a lot of fanfare. He could open and sticky a thread: "open discussion on women's issues, featuring Ted Danson." You know, stroke his ego a little bit to entice him to come back.

Other such attention grabbing fuckery and GAF could easily pay his bills for a few more years if he plays his cards right.

He needs to open the site registration up.  Immediately.

Secondly make it clear the Social Studies Warrior stuff is done.  Thats a clear way to seperate GAF from reset.

That's it.
Edit:  holy shit a I'm a junior.  Never thought I'd be back here again

Edit 2: fuck I'm drunk.  Still on the bore

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #18255 on: October 28, 2017, 02:17:26 AM »
BAMELIN!

Spill the beans on Sony astroturfing on GAF, Mr. Bitch approved PlayStation MVP.

I KNEW IT!

I knew the username sounded familiar.

YEAH MR. PLAYSTATION MVP, SPILL IT!  :punch

« Reply #18256 on: October 28, 2017, 02:21:39 AM »
One time, I made an OT for a game that I had pre-ordered the physical collector's edition for. A rep for the publisher on the site liked my work, so he gave me a digital code for the game so I could play it a few days early. I was the first to platinum the game (before its release date), canceled my preorder and never picked it up.

No regrets.  :success

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 03:19:16 AM by The Legend of Sunblade »

« Reply #18257 on: October 28, 2017, 02:21:48 AM »
It at 12,000 12 hours ago and is at 17,300 now. 

LOL weird exageration.
:trumps

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #18258 on: October 28, 2017, 02:23:11 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252903268&postcount=71

Rins is such a dedicated troll, you have to give it credit. It'll move to Resident Evil soon though. There's hardly anyone to egg on left on GAF, except maybe that 40 year old guy obsessed with Trump. Whatever his name is. Totally blanking on it. He's as irritating as a pimple on your taint, though.

edit: rpgcrazy is who I'm thinking of.

Bamelin

« Reply #18259 on: October 28, 2017, 02:23:26 AM »
BAMELIN!

It was a volunteer program.  It just so happens I'm slick with words.  I linked GAF staff with the community manager, the tag was history.

With that said I was emailing them a shitload of GAF threads regarding Sony.  The Community managers and Boyles were all awesome.  But in the end I was just a peon in the wheel.

agrajag

« Reply #18260 on: October 28, 2017, 02:28:32 AM »

LOL weird exageration.

don't mind him, he's just here to hype up resetera constantly

OathToOrder

« Reply #18261 on: October 28, 2017, 02:30:12 AM »
BAMELIN!

It was a volunteer program.  It just so happens I'm slick with words.  I linked GAF staff with the community manager, the tag was history.

With that said I was emailing them a shitload of GAF threads regarding Sony.  The Community managers and Boyles were all awesome.  But in the end I was just a peon in the wheel.

What do you mean by GAF staff? say the names. Was Bitch one of them?

I knew it, fucking SonyGAF.

« Reply #18262 on: October 28, 2017, 02:31:22 AM »

LOL weird exageration.

don't mind him, he's just here to hype up resetera constantly

I gotta earn that Soros money somehow.
 :rejoice

« Reply #18263 on: October 28, 2017, 02:34:19 AM »
Don't confuse for astroturfing what can be easilly explained with blind corporate apologism, which GAF was rampant with for every company.  :wag

H.I.V.E.

« Reply #18264 on: October 28, 2017, 02:34:47 AM »
BAMELIN!

Didn't you feel cheap and disgusting afterwards?

« Reply #18265 on: October 28, 2017, 02:36:09 AM »
BAMELIN!

He supports trump that's a default state of being.

Bamelin

« Reply #18266 on: October 28, 2017, 02:42:37 AM »
BAMELIN!

To be VERY clear Sony gave me nothing.  No info, no shit to drop on GAF, NOTHING.  My background at the time, I was doing reviews for an Xbox360 site.  Flights to LA, San Fran, all over the US.  The site I worked with (now defunct) was on metacritics.  After leaving the site in the new gen I loved the PS4.  I was pissed re Microsofts apparent move to online microtransactions via online bullshit so I jumped trains.

With that said Sony never gave me inside scoops ... all I was doing was let them know about threads that directly affected the brand.   And I did it free, without them asking, out of love for the direction they were heading.   At the start of this gen Sony was doing shit right.  I linked with their community team, and tried to represent them on GAF. 

Edit: to give sony credit they DID care what GAF was saying imho.

OathToOrder

« Reply #18267 on: October 28, 2017, 02:45:22 AM »
BAMELIN!

To be VERY clear Sony gave me nothing.  No info, no shit to drop on GAF, NOTHING.  My background at the time, I was doing reviews for an Xbox360 site.  Flights to LA, San Fran, all over the US.  The site I worked with (now defunct) was on metacritics.  After leaving the site in the new gen I loved the PS4.  I was pissed re Microsofts apparent move to online microtransactions via online bullshit so I jumped trains.

With that said Sony never gave me inside scoops ... all I was doing was let them know about threads that directly affected the brand.   And I did it free, without them asking, out of love for the direction they were heading.   At the start of this gen Sony was doing shit right.  I linked with their community team, and tried to represent them on GAF.

AAJAJAJAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #18268 on: October 28, 2017, 02:45:42 AM »
BAMELIN!

:scust
reckt

Bamelin

« Reply #18269 on: October 28, 2017, 02:47:01 AM »
BAMELIN!

AAJAJAJAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(Image removed from quote.)

Years ago bro.

And looking back I regret nothing.  They wanted direct freedback imho they got it.

The TAG on GAF was all done by pm.  Pmed a mod with direct contact info to a senior Sony Community manager contact info, tag followed shortly afterwards.

To be fair to GAF having direct contacts on the board wasn't a bad thing.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:52:11 AM by Bamelin »

« Reply #18270 on: October 28, 2017, 02:50:41 AM »
LOL, people were so bizarrely eager to slob Sony's knob and act like they were some good guy friends of gamers.

Hilarious that when they anounced their counter to MS's plan of always online, and had that corny video of them showing "here's how you give a game to a friend" they were the ONLY console manufacturer charging for "online passes".. designed to make it so they got $10 from anyone who bought a used game or borrowed a game.  That system was still in place they day they made that announcement, and they quietly canceled it the next day.

Which is a good thing of course, but the absolutely pathetic gamers who worshiped them was just bizarre.  "4 da gamerz!"

Ironic given the fact they won't let EA access on or cross platform play. :doge

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #18271 on: October 28, 2017, 02:54:13 AM »
but but EA Access is a bad value
reckt

agrajag

« Reply #18272 on: October 28, 2017, 02:54:46 AM »
I shilled for free and got nothing out of it other than the satisfaction of being loyal to a brand  :doge

H.I.V.E.

« Reply #18273 on: October 28, 2017, 02:55:42 AM »
BAMELIN!

Right you did it for free and for nothing in return. That is damn cheap and disgusting. I feel dirty for just asking.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #18274 on: October 28, 2017, 02:57:00 AM »
Some fucking gamers man. I mean...fuck. I know it isn't just gamers tho (Disney freaks, etc) but Sonyfilth and Nthings just love the taste of corporate cock.
reckt

« Reply #18275 on: October 28, 2017, 03:00:25 AM »
I shilled for free and got nothing out of it other than the satisfaction of being loyal to a brand  :doge

It's not the endgame shilling that matters, it's the friends you made along the way.

Bamelin

« Reply #18276 on: October 28, 2017, 03:02:09 AM »
BAMELIN!

Right you did it for free and for nothing in return. That is damn cheap and disgusting. I feel dirty for just asking.

At the Time I was a true believer.  Even sold all my 360 stuff ... I was pissed as were many of usof their online plan for the xbox1.

But yeah the mvp program was for true believers, of which at the time I was one of them.  I believed in their product direction, believed that their direction was a much better future than the microtransaction online horror offered by Microsoft.

Was I wrong?  We beat back the online only future by another 5 years,

But it's coming, shit it's coming.

« Reply #18277 on: October 28, 2017, 03:03:31 AM »
BAMELIN!

At the Time I was a true believer.  Even sold all my 360 stuff ... I was pissed as were many of usof their online plan for the xbox1.

But yeah the mvp program was for true believers, of which at the time I was one of them.  I believed in their product direction, believed that their direction was a much better future than the microtransaction online horror offered by Microsoft.

:snoop
A life full of mistakes.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #18278 on: October 28, 2017, 03:04:42 AM »
Thank god this fool is here to make my life seem so much better.
reckt

« Reply #18279 on: October 28, 2017, 03:05:28 AM »
Thank god this fool is here to make my life seem so much better.

I now see why he's a "true believer" in trump too. Probably for similar "reasons".

Bamelin

« Reply #18280 on: October 28, 2017, 03:06:06 AM »
BAMELIN!

:snoop
A life full of mistakes.

No regrets.  Online was always the future, a shitty one at that.  We beat it back for 5 years, allowing gamers to continue to be able to sell their shit at Gamestop, or trade their shit with friends.  That was what I fought for with zero regrets.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #18281 on: October 28, 2017, 03:08:58 AM »
This fools keeps digging that hole :neogaf
reckt

« Reply #18282 on: October 28, 2017, 03:09:11 AM »

No regrets.  Online was always the future, a shittybone at that.  We beat it back for 5 years, allowing gamers to continue to be able to sell their shit at Gamestop, or trade their shit with friends.  That was what I fought for with zero regrets.

H.I.V.E.

« Reply #18283 on: October 28, 2017, 03:10:08 AM »
BAMELIN!

Thanks for saving us all if but only for another day sir knight  :salute

You should have just bough a PC instead.

Bamelin

« Reply #18284 on: October 28, 2017, 03:10:40 AM »

No regrets.  Online was always the future, a shittybone at that.  We beat it back for 5 years, allowing gamers to continue to be able to sell their shit at Gamestop, or trade their shit with friends.  That was what I fought for with zero regrets.

ZERO REGRETS.

The online future blows, with zero title to what you rightfully own.  Thank god we delayed that future another gen.

Bamelin

« Reply #18285 on: October 28, 2017, 03:11:57 AM »
BAMELIN!

I've switched to PC.  Smite GAF :)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #18286 on: October 28, 2017, 03:12:34 AM »

ZERO REGRETS.

The online future blows, with zero title to what you rightfully own.  Thank god we delayed that future another gen.

Luddite butthole.
serge

« Reply #18287 on: October 28, 2017, 03:12:40 AM »

H.I.V.E.

« Reply #18288 on: October 28, 2017, 03:13:14 AM »
BAMELIN!

I've switched to PC.  Smite GAF :)

I buy all my games digital  :doge

Bamelin

« Reply #18289 on: October 28, 2017, 03:14:52 AM »

Say what you want hunter, 5 years ago I was a hero.   Yeah old man at clouds, but at the time shit was serious.   Now we all know where everything is heading with online liscense but at the time the fight was real, pushing back today to tomorrow.

« Reply #18290 on: October 28, 2017, 03:17:24 AM »

Say what you want hunter, 5 years ago I was a hero.   Yeah old man at clouds, but at the time shit was serious.   Now we all know where everything is heading with online liscense but at the time the fight was real, pushing back today to tomorrow.

:hans1 :donot

H.I.V.E.

« Reply #18291 on: October 28, 2017, 03:19:04 AM »

Pills Here

« Reply #18292 on: October 28, 2017, 03:23:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-statement-on-engaging-members-past-conduct.1984/#post-141594

Hey friendos.

Thanks so much for making ResetEra a thriving community in a mere two days. With hundreds of threads in both gaming and off-topic, your passion for games and your pure enjoyment of discussion is clear for everyone to see. It’s honestly a privilege to build this all with you.

With that said, I wanted to take this chance to make something clear. Among completely new faces, a large number of us migrated here from elsewhere. Relationships built up, hostilities sometimes built up, reputations may or may not have been made with other members, developers, or otherwise. There’s history with many.

However, this is ResetEra.

We’re not bringing baggage with us. Everyone gets a fresh start and should be treated with respect, courtesy, and fairness. If someone is conducting themselves within the confines of the TOS, having hurt no one, do not treat them differently for perceived history from outside this forum. Engage each other as you normally would. We have a chance to form a community that’s comfortable for everybody.

Tl;dr - Just be nice to each other, yeah?

Aww... We're all welcome.

ResetEra is actually a good place and as of right now, far better than GAF was.

I'll wait and see, purely because that most of the people that made GAF such a shit hole are actually at Resetera.

Bamelin

« Reply #18293 on: October 28, 2017, 03:30:36 AM »

You did it bro!  You stopped technology from advancing that would have allowed for physical copies of games to stay relevant longer.

Meanwhile the vast majority of people like you online likely turned around and immediately went all digital this generation lol.

I was just a solidier in the war.  We held back the tide for another 5 years allowing people to sell their shit at GameStop, trade with friends, etc.   online licesnses was always the future a shitty one at that, but the PS4/xbox1 gen we WON for gamers, for individual ownership.  That's what I fought for, it's over now, but we delayed the shit coming for 5 years.

Pills Here

« Reply #18294 on: October 28, 2017, 03:30:42 AM »
BAMELIN!

You're a mess  :goty2

Rise

« Reply #18295 on: October 28, 2017, 03:32:37 AM »

You did it bro!  You stopped technology from advancing that would have allowed for physical copies of games to stay relevant longer.

Meanwhile the vast majority of people like you online likely turned around and immediately went all digital this generation lol.

I was just a solidier in the war.  We held back the tide for another 5 years allowing people to sell their shit at GameStop, trade with friends, etc.   online licesnses was always the future a shitty one at that, but the PS4/xbox1 gen we WON for gamers, for individual ownership.  That's what I fought for, it's over now, but we delayed the shit coming for 5 years.
:heh  :crowdlaff

Bamelin

« Reply #18296 on: October 28, 2017, 03:33:51 AM »
I was just a solidier in the war.  We held back the tide for another 5 years allowing people to sell their shit at GameStop

MS's plan included being able to continue to sell your games at GameStop.

Read it again, or ignore it again.

We all knew where ms plan would take us.  To where we are today ... but 4 years ago.

Make no mistake the war fought at the start of this gen was for individual rights.  It's the reason Sony won this gen.

Bore Expert

« Reply #18297 on: October 28, 2017, 03:35:12 AM »
Funny shit.

Next we’ll find out that the people with “bish checked” tags were just Best Buy door greeters that really loved Sony.

:success

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #18298 on: October 28, 2017, 03:35:12 AM »
I got an Xbox One for free and I didnt have to do shit but play videogames LUL

fat

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #18299 on: October 28, 2017, 03:35:14 AM »

Thank you for keeping Gamestop alive. Every time I have to go into one of those places it’s like injecting freebased Curb Your Enthusiasm cringe into my balls. Killing Gamestop justifies the all digital future by itself.
serge