Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2179000 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
But I mean, stand up comedians! When did they become paragons of virtue instead of sleazy yet lovable trash like Dave Attell? (Who I would believe if you said has never actually done anything non consensual to someone. I get that vibe about him.)

Insomniac :lawd
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
woah this dude has every episode

a favorite

benjipwns

this is highly disturbing

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
 Adding this to my "can't sleep, let's see what's on youtube" rotation.
©@©™

FStop7

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449801

Threads like this legitimately make me sad given the hostility toward health and fitness that dominates GAF.  Everyone in that thread needs to get the hell off of that site, for their own good.

benjipwns

meets "Billy" in this bar

Billy: "i started drinking gasoline"
Dave: *looks at camera* "yeah? why?"
Billy: "alcohol's bad for you man"
Dave: "oh you're a straight edger"
Billy: "oh fuck no, i have sex"
Dave: "oh ......what?"

:rofl

benjipwns

"Slavery is wrong everyone. Slavery is wrong." - Dave Attell

:delicious :american

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
That "scientific facts are social constructs" is mind boggling.
Especially when it's defended by the same type of folks who couldn't stop laughing and raging at Conway's "alternative facts".

Dennis

Especially when it's defended by the same type of folks who couldn't stop laughing and raging at Conway's "alternative facts".

I am working very hard not to be  :trigger by that thread.

benjipwns

This is why Verrit's authentication code system has been so important to our discourse.

benjipwns

If the referential used is the Earth, it's actually the Sun that orbits the Earth(as in the fixed point is the Earth).

Himu

People still believing that story about Louie even after the woman who told the story made multiple statements that it wasn't about him, yet no sites retracted the story, and GAF believes him to be a Weinstein level predator.

Yeah I read her correct them. Terrible.
IYKYK

benjipwns

A person’s response to hat sentence is a social construct.

ie: STEM students get pissy because it sounds like they are being criticized.
but this same subset of people hate postmodernism, they hate abstract art, they hate gender being different from sex, they hate syncretism, they hate multiculturalism.

they are like very intensely threatened by any kind of subjectivity or acknowledgement of bias. it's really weird.
i hate this boat

nudemacusers

The only social construct related to science is that being a STEM weenie will never get you laid.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

In short, if this dude woke up from his 50 minute nap to snap a picture of one slide without listening to anything after or before it, he's probably gonna fail that class.
Whoever posted that pic on social media should stop dicking around with their phone in class and listen to what their tutor is trying to teach them.
which the thread seems to be arguing is that everything is a social construct, making the slide a tautology and meaningless drivel that's a waste of time like all lectures

i'm not sure what they're arguing is the goal or alternative of noting this, is anthropology as a field just discovering the role of humans in science?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
People still believing that story about Louie even after the woman who told the story made multiple statements that it wasn't about him, yet no sites retracted the story, and GAF believes him to be a Weinstein level predator.

Jen Kirkman is such a "take no shit" type of women that when she initially made a statement saying he was a perv I believed it 100%.  Upon her clarification I had to reverse that and go to 0%.  In fact, the comedy industry is full of women who would not tolerate that kind of crap.  Heck, Tig Nataro is upset he's not addressing the rumor, not the fact he's done it.

My hot take?  He's a exhibitionist.  Sarah Silverman shares a story in her book about a game they would play.  One person would take off an article of clothing and drop it over the railing in the courtyard of their apartment.  They would continue doing this until they were naked and then they would run down the stairwell to gather their clothes and play the game again.  SS also says that while in line for brunch she said "look down," and when Louie did she shot a tiny amount of pee on to the sidewalk in front of him.  And good lord, the stories of the writing room at her show The Sarah Silverman Program where she talks about all the dicks Chealsea Peritti saw in the writing room.

nsfw https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-Qm3e7CYAAWafQ.jpg:large

I submit there is a gang of exhibitionist that have infiltrated the indie comedy scene.  That man (points), Louie CK is part of it and did indeed masturbate in front of female comedians he was dating or in a sexual relationship with.  This cabal of perverts must be dealt with less they poison the minds of our children.  I rest my case.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:03:57 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

benjipwns

the slide* seems to come from a part of the course where it discusses how disasters are generally only considered disasters because they happen where humans are and can be affected by them

i'd like to see at least the lit review supporting such a claim because this whole "anthropology" thing is starting to sound like a social construct to me

*not the one clothedmacuser posted above

nudemacusers

Sounds like an exclusionary boys club tbh
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

nsfw https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-Qm3e7CYAAWafQ.jpg:large

Wow, wtf.

That wasn't even the penis pic I was looking for.  I was looking for the one where Peretti left her hair clip behind and one of the producers clips it on his penis and sends her a pic asking if she was missing it.  Silverman features a picture of said message in her book and I she says it's Rob Schrab.    TV director of Parks and Rec and Community.  So Dan Harmon is also culpable.

It's strange I can't find the actual pic.  I'm usually fantastic at finding pictures of penis' online.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:50:16 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

nudemacusers

Sure, if you don't take into consideration women do similar gross things for the same reactions.
An aggreieved minority group modifying behaviors in order to successfully navigate an oppressive institution is hardly something to applaud
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

Sure, if you don't take into consideration women do similar gross things for the same reactions.
An aggreieved minority group modifying behaviors in order to successfully navigate an oppressive institution is hardly something to applaud

It's a community that pushes boundaries and are transgressors by definition. Men and women both do things that would be wholly unprofessional or disgusting in pretty much any other profession.
Sounds like a self-perpetuating safe space designed to shield participants from progressive perspectives.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

curly

• cultural maoist
hmm an industry that's overwhelmingly male that's part of the entertainment industry and whose most successful members are basically treated as gods (oh you can also laugh pretty much anything off as a joke)

doesn't sound like a breeding ground for sexual harassment

nudemacusers

It's a community that pushes boundaries and are transgressors by definition. Men and women both do things that would be wholly unprofessional or disgusting in pretty much any other profession.
Sounds like a self-perpetuating safe space designed to shield participants from progressive perspectives.

Of note, the only comedians that come out as rapists/sexual harassers are the ones who try to portray a squeaky clean image (Cosby) and guys that run "progressive" alt comedy rooms and turn out to be fucking creeps who abuse their position as being on the right side of the hill you're dying on.
Sounds like Harvey Weinstein should have taken up comedy.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

And plus gamergate
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Shuri

Please tell me more about the  lives of stand up comedians :snore

nudemacusers

Please tell me more about the  lives of stand up comedians :snore
Sorry if this discussion makes you uncomfortable. Probably better to enjoy the privilege of ignorance.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Dennis

The only games worth playing are single player games.

Himu

And you call yourself a PC gamer....
IYKYK

clothedmacuser

As an aside, here's a pic of my balls

:bobby
[close]

LOL, only one.  Like Hitler.
sigh

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Is Bobby free soon? I miss him.
serge

Boredfrom

hmm an industry that's overwhelmingly male that's part of the entertainment industry and whose most successful members are basically treated as gods (oh you can also laugh pretty much anything off as a joke)

doesn't sound like a breeding ground for sexual harassment

Oh, always come to this, doesn't it.

Originally Posted by Stinkles
Um rashomon is commonly used as a shortcut for unreliable narrators as it is the best known example of the idea. And the perspectives all have merit. None of them is “wrong” or a lie.

Are we really “both sides”-ing racism right now

Seriously, is GAF going to pretend to don't know what Rashomon is?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:26:26 AM by Boredfrom »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
I'm usually fantastic at finding pictures of penis' online.

Newsfeed, please.

(and send me some?)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
If there is a god Bobby will become a semi popular youtuber so you all can laugh at his opinions and I never have to hear them again.

clothedmacuser

The fact that he completely lacks any perspective that selecting *that* movie in the context of apologizing for possibly maybe, but definitely, making racist ass comments to an asian person shows how much of a dick this guy is and how he probably lacked the same perspective when he first met Charlyne.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252472725&postcount=294

David Cross is one of the most "Social Studies Warrior" comedians out there.  The fact that GAFer's insists that he selected the film (not flick) Rashomon to display how memories are different for the sole reason of being anti-asian is amazing.  These are people who clearly never saw the movie and only know it was made by someone with a Japanese sounding name. 

I was using the term Social Studies Warrior ironically to say David Cross attacks even the slightest hints of racism in his comedy.  He has beef with larry the Cable Man calling him PC.   I only point that out because using the phrase Social Studies Warrior unicronically is some ancient evil shit. 
sigh

tuna_love

:donot

thisismyusername

I pity the fools that never played Team Fortress 2 in it's prime.

clothedmacuser

I pity the fools that never played Team Fortress 2 in it's prime.

You mean TFC 1.5

True Gamer 
:smug
sigh

benjipwns

timu's new avatar, mods help

i need a dissociative episode where i become my adult father

Raist

Is Bobby free soon? I miss him.

I doubt he's coming back, even should he want to :lol

https://twitter.com/bobbyrobertspdx/status/920671581201842176

benjipwns

On gaf it’s gameplay > graphics. But in reality it’s graphics > gameplay.

benjipwns

to see what my fellow posters look like

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Also easier to spot jack's posts.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

Gameplay > Graphics every single time.

A lot of people do judge games' quality by their graphics though.
For the average GAF user, sure.

For the mouth-breather who is shopping at Walmart for fishing bait and diapers and has no idea what frame rate means... it is easier to sell that person a game with "Purdy graffiks" on the screen.
:dead

clothedmacuser

Slayven takes a body blow. http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=252475539  :lol

Slayven is Terrisus (who left after realizing he was a joke) without self-reflection.
sigh

benjipwns

Quote from: besada
Suggesting his possible memory problems stem from drug use is neither particularly controversial, nor is it an excuse for racism. Please refrain from making up stuff people didn't say. It's a shitty way to have a discussion. Not only didn't I excuse him, I explicitly said I believe Yi and that he said something racist and stupid.

We have altogether too much of this sort of bullshit going on around here, where people seem desperate to play gotcha rather than reading what was actually written. Cut it out.
:trigger :donot

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Raist

I am working very hard not to be  :trigger by that thread.

These idiots don't seem to see the difference between scientific facts themselves and the social or linguistic aspects of scientific facts.
But then again what can you expect from humanities majors and a bunch of philosophy 101 "experts".

The social aspect of general relativity comes from getting general relativity accepted as the dominant model in the physics community.

It's not about general relativity itself, it's about general relativity's relative place in human society.

:picard

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Is stinkles gaf’s milkshake duck. Yes. About time everyone else saw it. Already sent a message the the appropriate higher ups.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=252480198
ὕβρις

counterhit

(Image removed from quote.)

Yi's tweets about Cross are so bluntly outrageous (not to say they are not true) it reads like 4chan copypasta. eg:

I saw David Cross at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I saw David Cross at a comic convention in Los Angeles 5 years ago. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going "what's a matter? You don't speak English?? Ching-chong-ching-chong" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Gross. Norm-tier copypasta. Leper this filth.
serge

Raist

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450203

Why the fuck would you not DIY

[close]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:22:43 AM by Raist »

thisismyusername

Raist

If human went extinct, scientific facts as we understand them would cease to exist.

:ohhh

Man this thread sure is full of geniuses.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450203

Why the fuck would you not DIY

Apart from the Mac Pro line their products are not DIY repair friendly down to the engineering (at the very least of the shell), probably in part to funnel casual users back to their repair shops and squeeze them. Honestly I would have second thoughts fiddling with this type of device myself as a casual. But I'm sure there is plenty of tutorials to do so and it's perfectly feasible.
ὕβρις

Raist

I've swapped HDD in MBP several times. Took 10mins. :yeshrug

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Anyway, fuck Apple.
ὕβρις