Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2150601 times)

Boredfrom

Alexmexico may need to get his priorities straight...

I'm ticked off at American news channels right now. At least 120 dead in the southern neighbor because of the deadliest earthquake in 32 years and it has been barely a footnote. They'd rather continue talking about whatever shit Trump is in now. When there was a terrorist attack in France with a dozen dead CNN and Fox News went all over that shit for a fucking week and reporting on site!

I'm sorry. It's sorta irrational anger but I can't help but feel there's a definite bias when covering bad shit happening in Europe vs, in this case, Mexico.

:doge

I dunno man, we didn't cover Texas hurricane 24/7 and the capital is not in total chaos (thought people are scared).

Fox News whining about the liberal media's negative response to Trump's UN speech. I just can't anymore. At least Cooper at the top of his show paid lip service to the earthquake. The Five on Fox hasn't.

Seems that you will probably get more useful news right now in the local stations here in Mexico, they may tell you how you can help than whining about US media perceived slights.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:53:15 PM by Boredfrom »

Himu

Persona 5 was so bad that I have no interest in playing an rpg for five years

Go to bed.

Straight trash.
IYKYK

Boredfrom

Si esta el caso de que algunos paisanos Gaffers que visiten The Bore y no tengan acceso a una mejor cobertura del temblor por vivir en el extranjero , el periódico Milenio tiene una buena cobertura en su sitio web de lo que acontece: http://m.milenio.com/

agrajag

The Bore mods thinking the new GAF thread isn't going to turn to shit like the last one  :gurl

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
The Bore mods thinking the new GAF thread isn't going to turn to shit like the last one  :gurl

Just ignore any post with more that 500 words.

The same way we ignore all the racism going on.   :goty2
sigh

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Well now it has. Well done!

El Babua

So I read the last pages of the VOAT trash thread.

Yeesh, y'all are extremely mad online.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
We all know a Bobby Roberts.  A guy who feels that he's supposed to be destined to make it but doesn't.  Over time he only gets more and more bitter when it becomes obvious even to him that it's not going to happen.  All those years of being an expert on something is now totally wasted.  Yet he refuses to let it go so he only gets more bitter and lashes out until he fucks off somewhere forever.

I wonder what his dark Milkshake Duck secret is. I guess for him we should call it a Devin Farachi secret.
serge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️

Lol they don't think that

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
We all know a Bobby Roberts.  A guy who feels that he's supposed to be destined to make it but doesn't.  Over time he only gets more and more bitter when it becomes obvious even to him that it's not going to happen.  All those years of being an expert on something is now totally wasted.  Yet he refuses to let it go so he only gets more bitter and lashes out until he fucks off somewhere forever.

I wonder what his dark Milkshake Duck secret is. I guess for him we should call it a Devin Farachi secret.

He prefers Arby's to Taco Bell

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️

He prefers Arby's to Taco Bell
That sick fuck:oreilly

TVC15

My long-awaited statement on this situation:

The Bore is a discussion forum; the whole point is to disseminate information and debate it, on civil terms, in an atmosphere that encourages healthy skepticism, fact-checking and credible sourcing, challenging preexisting worldviews, shitposting, and talking points and biases by providing a platform for a diverse audience to contribute, etc. And yes, the site does lean loose butthole, because it is inclusive and thecoli-based and has way too much hate speech. But while there are core values associated with this place, there's no point in discussion without providing a framework that allows for multiple perspectives to engage with each other like cracked-out, thirsty prostitutes.

I mention all this because, particularly for those couple hours yesterday when anyone trying to operate in good faith within the aforementioned parameters set up for this place ended up going full flipper baby en masse, the Shitty Other Forum thread suddenly became unrecognizable to me some 10 or 11 years after we set this cornhole of the forum up. The place kinda turned into what this Voat place sounds like: with everyone who tried to contribute to the normally questionable discourse systematically going full Milo, the remaining members either stayed silent or radicalized up, and we were left with a squad of polarized “moderately loose buttholes” unwilling to have a conversation with anyone about issues, repeating the same talking points in every post to each other in a self-righteous echo chamber, newly confident that any non-conformity would be driven out or otherwise made to disappear. This was not just ostracizing people attempting to challenge reductive, exclusionary "with us or against us" polarized rhetoric, either (and that should absolutely be challenged), but also anyone even trying to have a conversation within that radicalized bubble. People were driven out, character assassinated, labeled traitor for "not sounding like etoilet enough," or for not being entirely on board with ostracizing non-binaries for the same reasons.

There's nothing righteous, informed, or progressive about that. It's just a sanctimonious, vitriolic, self-destructive circle jerk that drives out the kind of people most valuable to discussion: not the "retweet my Side and quote it in yells or else you're The Enemy" people, but the people engaging on each individual issue with critical thought and an open mind, willingness and capacity to perform independent investigation into the materials initially presented, come to an independent conclusion and present it, and to allow the same from folks who have made similar effort but with different credible sources or different justifiable conclusions than your own.

World isn't binary, folks. Hyper-partisan, radical, binary, "us or them" environments with constant purity tests demanding adherence to the pre-established talking point of the hour breeds ignorance, intolerance, hate, and self-destruction.

This is why we talk about things. This is why diversity of background/ethnicity/orientation/culture is important within an environment like a campus or a message board: not just as an outcome better representing the diversity of the population it's pulling its membership body from, but critically for the diversity of perspective that results from that intense microcosm you've built, and the insight and nuance of thought it can bring to each participant when they share an appropriately moderated space and each have a fair voice.

That's why we talk about things.
serge

agrajag

snip

Wow, that is some both-sides bullshit, you alt-right Bernie-bro nazi, mods help!

On the serious, that's a good post. Unfortunately there are people who will completely miss the message and even applaud your post without realizing that it applies to them as well, not only the other guys.

agrajag

Here we go again.

clothedmacuser

I only talk about racism when it allows me to blame another person of doing it.

Edit: Not accusing anyone here of doing that.  It was more of a comment directed at NeoGaf.   Hmm, maybe you should all ignore this post.

Or, as Enzom would say, "Why would you take offense at me calling you a racist if you aren't one?"
sigh

agrajag

(Image removed from quote.)

Edit: Not accusing anyone here of doing that.  It was more of a comment directed at NeoGaf.   Hmm, maybe you should all ignore this post.

Or, as Enzom would say, "Why would you take offense at me calling you a racist if you aren't one?"

shut up honkie

clothedmacuser

shut up honkie

You are just calling me that because my Grandpa fucked a goose.
sigh

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Wait no seriously what the fuck happened
püp

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.

Suppressed feelings bubbling over  :doge

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
Fish<

clothedmacuser

Internal flashpoints.
sigh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Someone should tell him to buy a studio mic, build a nice soundproof booth and do a podcast or something, shoot for your dreams Bobbert Rodgers, stop shitting up an unrelated forum with your bitter tears.

daemon

David H. Wong has a wikipage and Bobby Roberts doesn't.  Guess how Rob Rob feels about that?

the only thing that manlet deserves is an encyclopedia dramatica page.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Suppressed feelings bubbling over  :doge
tbh, i'd rather let this place get a bit uncomfortable now and again, everyone should post their stupid ass ideas so they can get called on them.  Otherwise we'd just have white supremacists like Exodust running around here befriending us all before revealing his true self when it's too late :(

parallax

David H. Wong has a wikipage and Bobby Roberts doesn't.  Guess how Rob Rob feels about that?

Quote from: Bobby Roberts
Yeah, but you changing your name for that purpose makes at least some sort of sense.

Pargin is a white man from Illinois using an Asian pen name primarily to lecture minorities and their allies on "the right way" to discourse with racists, sexists, and homophobes, a methodology apparently based on his proximity to, and relationships with, backwoods dipshits he used to know when he grew up.

I went to look up the entry on how he arrived at that name, and why he kept it, and noticed the wiki had already been updated:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249323697&postcount=2885

It's since removed that last line.  But sure you just noticed that Robby Bobert.

:iface

Whatever, who wants a wiki page anyway?  That's for fake writers with publicists, not underground Star Wars and Ghostbusters: Answer the Call advocates.

wait, is the the same david wong that wrote the sci fi books?

TVC15

John Dies at the End, dude.
serge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️

Yeah who imploded? I seriously will not read through that thread but gotta know

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
The old thread ran its course. It was becoming oversaturated with discourse commonly found on NeoF@G.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
If we don't point out how stupid the neodorks are, then who will?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
The need of (some) people to view everything through the lens of entertainment is fucking hilarious btw.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
The need of (some) people to view everything through the lens of entertainment is fucking hilarious btw.

Reminds me of Anakin's gleeful remark "Now this is podracing". Prescient movie in hindsight.
ὕβρις

SantaC

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249402765

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249403374

:crybaby

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249403623

Right, but no one forced Sony and Nintendo to follow.
I blame the consumers for not even lifting the finger.

:mindblown
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

cityhunter

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249377586
 :success

what kind of fucktard thinks like this? A thread about a racing game demo. "Oh~ good time to inject some of my dumbass social commentary in there to get my online street creds and circle jerk session about how "socially aware" I am".

fucking dumbass motherfuckers.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Socially unaware you mean, think he's got a ban incoming for that one.

archie4208

Re: NeoGAF Gaming-Side Laff-A-Lympics Megathread
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2017, 06:51:16 AM »
The Switch is p good now I kind of understand why the ninbots want everything ported to it. 

Persona 5 on Switch would be  :rejoice

Persona is trash, Switch already getting SMTV and thus its superiority is known.
 :whew

Persona is cool. Persona 5 is trash, though.
Persona 5 had the best waifus and that's the most important part.  :lawd

spoiler (click to show/hide)
best waifu is still Rise in 4 :uguu
[close]

Kawakami best girl fite me

FatalT

SmokyDave

Modbot should've closed the old thread. It would've been poetic.

Raist

Again I'm not talking about automatic EU membership for Catalonia I'm merely stating no European can be automatically stripped of their EU citizenship.

That guy has been on a roll in the Catalonia thread :lol

Tasty

Internal flashpoints.

Does that mean we're in the Bore version of the New 52? :thinking

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
think this place is fine to be honest. decent spread of opinion with some iffy stuff that never quite hits the edges of the loony spectrum. as long as you're not an out and out cunt i reckon you wouldn't feel out of place saying your piece here.

TVC15

Lol Bobby's hateboner for James Cameron is hilarious.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435320

Cameron announces Linda Hammilton's return, talks about how male action stars continue to get those roles into their 50s and 60s, but there really aren't examples of that for women. Bobby spends 3 pages bringing up women over 50 in action roles who previously never were in action roles as examples of how James Cameron is a LIAR and needs to be CORRECTED for the RECORD. It reveals that Bobby Roberts sees himself as a bearer of truth. A revealer of truth. A vanguard of truth. This while implying that Robin Wright was an action star still getting main character action roles in movies at 50, instead of being a side character with 10 lines who dies in the first 30 minutes and people were surprised she got cast in an action role.

:bobby

He's definitely had sex with animals or children or something. Or child animals.
serge

TVC15

Cameron announces Linda Hammilton's return, talks about how male action stars continue to get those roles into their 50s and 60s, but there really aren't examples of that for women. Bobby spends 3 pages bringing up women over 50 in action roles who previously never were in action roles as examples of how James Cameron is a LIAR and needs to be CORRECTED for the RECORD. It reveals that Bobby Roberts sees himself as a bearer of truth. A revealer of truth. A vanguard of truth. This while implying that Robin Wright was an action star still getting main character action roles in movies at 50, instead of being a side character with 10 lines who dies in the first 30 minutes and people were surprised she got cast in an action role.

I mean, aren't we doing the same exact thing to Bobby Roberts?

:six:

Robin Wrightberts?
serge

nudemacusers

He's definitely had sex with animals or children or something. Or child animals.
What metric do we use anyway? Animal years or people years?

Asking for a friend ofc
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

FStop7

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=249380187#post249380187

The thirst is REAL.  I promise you that Racist Nurse isn't gonna fuck you no matter how hard you fight for her on a video game forum, bruv.

Raist

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Bobby Roberts staying one step ahead in the oppression olympics

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
WTF happened in the old thread? Jesus.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

New members plus old members catching feels, making long posts that nobody bothered to read, and generally just slinging poop everywhere. The thread was coming up on a year old anyway, which is generally when these get flushed down the memory hole.
dog

TVC15

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435518

[close]

[close]
serge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
DIGITAL BLACKFACE
[close]

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
DIGITAL BLACKFACE
[close]

DIGITAL BOBBYFACE
[close]

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
People are too nice to say it, but Himuro and Benjy-san ruined the last thread.

::pulls pin and runs away::

stufte

At least it wasn't me.  :whew

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
God I wish the other thread weren't locked. I have some very very relevant observations about the Jews that I feel you need to hear. Now I have to talk about gaming side?!

Raist

At least it wasn't me.  :whew

There's always a first :yeshrug