Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2151305 times)

FStop7

God I wish the other thread weren't locked. I have some very very relevant observations about the Jews that I feel you need to hear. Now I have to talk about gaming side?!

You could become a Youtuber and do both

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
I thought the whole privilege olympics thing was a bit of a hyperbole from people on the sidelines having a giggle.

Apparently not.

I think you misunderstood the example.
Comparing two persons is enough, because if A > B and B > C, then A > C. If you can compare two, you can sort any number of persons by their privilege.

As for number of traits, having even MORE traits, makes ladder even LESS feasible, with core problem, again, remaining that privilege is not quantifiable.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
not gonna lie my girlfriend would probably wear that
püp

team filler

• filler
  • filler
so you can sag your pants without having your ass out

Raist

not gonna lie my girlfriend would probably wear that

So would mac I bet.

Dennis

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249480234&postcount=390

Guess who he is talking about. No really, give it a shot.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:bobby
[close]

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

mac, GAF needs you

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435746

(Image removed from quote.)
"latest fashion trend"

<name of designer I've never heard of>

Thus we have learned that mac has fallen off. Go back to your boot cut jeans and baggy tees, old person.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249482649

Quote from: RobertsBobby
To paint with a broad brush, a lot of the dudes involved with these blogs and such are super insecure. So when they accrue enough power/attention, their fragile egos can’t manage it. And maybe it comes with the territory of following pop culture media rooted in adolescence. I don’t know.

Nah, you hit on a lot of it in a lot less sentences than whatever I barfed up a few posts earlier.

That's basically 80-90% of it, really.

Are you trying to tell us something ?

At this point we can rename the board Boreby Roberts
[close]
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

mac, GAF needs you

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435746

(Image removed from quote.)
"latest fashion trend"

<name of designer I've never heard of>

Looks like your game is slipping :ufup
I have designers on my search filters you’ve never heard of  :bolo
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

zepblackstar

counterhit

Is dunking on Lime "serious stuff"?

zepblackstar

:goldberg
Essentially: Old man-children only got older and less successful/necessary, and that corrodes whatever product they were putting out. So either you quit doing it and find something worthwhile, or you keep chasing that diminishing high until you just burn out completely.

Or you just grind for whatever's left no matter what and become some sort of stooped, Gru-lookin type of cellar dweller for the sake of maintaining your collectibles habit.

Its the complete lack of self-awareness that is so funny.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
http://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/straight-black-men-are-the-white-people-of-black-people-1814157214

Straight Black Men Are the White People of Black People

:what :dunno :whoo :snoop

#insularity

Do I have privileges as a black man, over black women? No doubt. Can't deny it. That's the society we live in. Black women have it bad. But black women are also graduating from high school and college at higher rates than black men. They're also starting businesses at much higher rates than black men. They're the victim of fewer violent crimes than black men. They're less likely to be the victim of police brutality. I could go on and on. But I have no interest in playing Olympics of Oppression here. My point is that black men have been under direct assault for hundreds of years in this country. The benefits of black male privileges over black women play out larger in some areas, but overall? We're still in a ditch, and the idea that we are the biggest threat or obstacle to black women strikes me as a ludicrous assertion that pits two sets of people on a sinking boat against each other. Fuckouttahere.

I'd also point out this is a conversation that largely exists on the internet (specifically the black hole of tumblr/twitter), and the arguments being made just so happen to mirror those used by white racists against blacks. Raising the spectre of the violent, aggressive black man who is a threat to society.

zepblackstar

This is the end result of mostly blacktwitter feminists who have for years online have berated black men as the enemy. Its a ridiculous argument

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
This is the end result of mostly blacktwitter feminists who have for years online have berated black men as the enemy. Its a ridiculous argument

Woman is the distinguished black fellow of the world, fam.
©@©™

venereology

Is dunking on Lime "serious stuff"?

don't worry, Lime posts lots of bad Gaming threads too

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435749

Last edited by EviLore; Today at 02:41 PM. Reason: Not only pasted an entire long format feature, but also didn't bother to attribute it with quote tags. Impressive

:bolo

nudemacusers

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249482202&postcount=403 omg   :neogaf :heh :sabu :umad :girlaff :bobby

I wish this site afforded me cheap, easy power. :(
Did you ever hear 🙉🗣🙌 the tragedy 😱🙅🙍 of Darth Plagueis the Wise 🙌🤓🙌? It's not 🚫🛇🚫 a story 📖 the Jedi would tell you 👎🤐👎 It's a Sith 😈 legend 😰 Darth Plagueis was a Dark 👤 Lord of the Sith 😈 so powerful 💥💥💥 and so wise 🤓🙌🙏 he could use the Force ➰➿➰ to influence the midi-chlorians ⚧⚮⚧ to create life 🍆💦💦🐛🐼 He had such a knowledge 🤓 of the Dark 🕵 Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about ❤💛💚💙💜 from dying 👻👻👻 He became so powerful ✴✴✴ the only thing he was afraid of 🙈🙈 was losing his power ❌💥❌ which eventually of course he did 😣 Unfortunately, he taught 🗣 his apprentice 👥🙏👥 everything he knew 👓🙏 Then his apprentice 👥🙏👥 killed him 🔫😲😨👻💀👻🔫 in his sleep 🙈🙍😴 Ironic 😂😂😂😂😂 He could save others from death 🚫💀🛇 but not himself 👎👎👎🙅🙅🙅🔫🔫🔫
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Profound. 🤔
©@©™

daemon

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249482202&postcount=403 omg   :neogaf :heh :sabu :umad :girlaff :bobby

I wish this site afforded me cheap, easy power. :(
Did you ever hear 🙉🗣🙌 the tragedy 😱🙅🙍 of Darth Plagueis the Wise 🙌🤓🙌? It's not 🚫🛇🚫 a story 📖 the Jedi would tell you 👎🤐👎 It's a Sith 😈 legend 😰 Darth Plagueis was a Dark 👤 Lord of the Sith 😈 so powerful 💥💥💥 and so wise 🤓🙌🙏 he could use the Force ➰➿➰ to influence the midi-chlorians ⚧⚮⚧ to create life 🍆💦💦🐛🐼 He had such a knowledge 🤓 of the Dark 🕵 Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about ❤💛💚💙💜 from dying 👻👻👻 He became so powerful ✴✴✴ the only thing he was afraid of 🙈🙈 was losing his power ❌💥❌ which eventually of course he did 😣 Unfortunately, he taught 🗣 his apprentice 👥🙏👥 everything he knew 👓🙏 Then his apprentice 👥🙏👥 killed him 🔫😲😨👻💀👻🔫 in his sleep 🙈🙍😴 Ironic 😂😂😂😂😂 He could save others from death 🚫💀🛇 but not himself 👎👎👎🙅🙅🙅🔫🔫🔫

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

zepblackstar

guys.. our boy made it!

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41331702

he has something to pin to his twitter!

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
Re: NeoGAF Gaming-Side Megathread - Brought To You By Brachiosaurus Apatosaurus™
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2017, 08:53:08 PM »
guys.. our boy made it!

All the long-necked dinosaurs to choose from and you go with raptor?!   >:(
WDW

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Quote from:  NoblesseOblige
The same people who see him as this are the type to celebrate soldiers going into foreign lands to kill people who aren't a direct threat to our country. Somehow to them killing on foreign lands is more admirable than killing for your own freedom.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=249493812#post249493812

Compare the Nat Turner slave revolt to foreign military action, brehs.

and when told "can we not?" give this response

Can we not be daft?

Still better than noblesse posting, I don't know about this topic so I will not comment on it. 
sigh

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
guys.. our boy made it!

They also quote Nibel.

They clearly lurk on GAF.

daemon

mfw people talk about catalonia independence without knowing what we've been through the past 7 years.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX

daemon

mfw people talk about catalonia independence without knowing what we've been through the past 7 years.

Tbh I don't know enough about it to even opine on whether it's a good or bad decision, but you have people in that thread talking about how Madrid should "crush them economically" or shit like that. Just where does that animosity come from?

beats me. wafflecakes is a moron saying too many moronic things.

We're talking of a region that:

voted for a better pact called "estatut" only to be taken down by the remnants of our past dictatorship.
tried to do stuff like co-paying for medicine because some pharmacies had been without payment for 6 months due to spain not actually giving the money back (our actual money plus the solidarity deductions). Got outlawed by the central gov.
tried to get a better pact but just got laughed at by the central gov.
they also deemed a law we pushed against eviction to shift the balance towards the people and they somehow deemed it unconstitutional, despite the fact we saved corrupt banks with our tax money.

We're the biggest contributor to Spain no matter what the numbers say. Madrid is essentially contributing by handing better deals that no region can match. Somehow, Catalonia still manages to get many. And that happens because we're the underdog who keeps punching up.

However, my reason for independence is essentially this one:

Central goverment is touching the retirement and health money (seguridad social) to pay other stuff, and selling debt at a very dangerous rate. In about 10 years it will essentially collapse because they hollowed the pillars of the economy. Catalunya doesn't want that, we want to shape our future. And the fun thing is that our region would become so great with that surplus of money that we'd essentially have better social politics and much better infrastructure, which would as a side effect create an exponential growth. Then the other communities would be like: wtf, maybe we should do that too. And Madrid, which is actually a very poor region in its own merits would be essentially fucked.

Example: There's this electricity company called endesa. Since politicians have interests and vice-versa, the promotion of solar energy has been halted to a stop. Now imagine Andalucia went independent. They'd have control over those issues and would be able to be essentially the biggest EU solar park, thanks to having such a sun-driven region. Yeah, politicians could be corrupt and still do it, but by changing them in Andalucia, you'd fix the issue. You can't overpower in votes when you're just a region.

If you think about independence as a way to have better control of the needs of the region, playing it's strengths and weaknesses... it just makes a lot of sense. That, or having a federal type of goverment.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:44:44 PM by daemon »

clothedmacuser

Why do Nazis get free speech apologetics while BLM gets finger wags?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435857

I think you could rephrase that question, "Why do bad get support when their constitutional rights are violated but good people get finger wags when they don't tip?"

By constitutional rights I mean facing violence for "peacefully" protesting. Actually, if someone mugs you on the street is that a constitutional violation or is it a crime? 
sigh

daemon

Why do Nazis get free speech apologetics while BLM gets finger wags?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435857

I think you could rephrase that question, "Why do bad get support when their constitutional rights are violated but good people get finger wags when they don't tip?"

By constitutional rights I mean facing violence for "peacefully" protesting. Actually, if someone mugs you on the street is that a constitutional violation or is it a crime?

welll if someone mugs you you're essentially not undefeated after 1000 fights and because of that you're not a good fit for GAF. I believe that's way more important than an hypothetical constitutional rights violation honestly  :doge

Shuri

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1435878&page=3

Someone should tell those idiots that the pics they are showing are posted every week by some newbies to reddit and always debunked within moments -- the angle with the draped seats is the "hard cam" side. This is where they have all the cameras on cranes and all the tech stuff. That side is ALWAYS like this, this way they can have shit moving around without hiding  the views of people sitting there, or hitting them

You can see how the opposite size is full of people.

counterhit

guys.. our boy made it!

They also quote Nibel.

They clearly lurk on GAF.

Nibel is pretty big on twitter, even with people who are antagonistic towards GAF (which is most people who know about it).

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Bobby isn't tho. That is more than just a coincidence.

Nibel used to post here iirc.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:10:33 AM by Let's Cyber »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
we did it, bobby! we made it!

clothedmacuser

Rando click thread of the day

First quote
That’s pretty hilarious, but simultaneously if we’re going to start banning people for being dismissive as a result of a failed purity test, there’s gonna be many casualties.

then Beseda adds to that

Quote from: Beseda
We often ban people for shit posting in threads with single word dismissive posts. The user in question was fully aware of this, given they'd had similar bans in the past.

Also, next time you'd like to comment on moderation, send a PM to a mod, rather than violating the ToS by discussing it in a thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=249508674#post249508674

Remember when, in 2010, the mods openly talked about how the TOS didn't matter and they just banned people who were being dicks?  And now GAF is all about Law and Order and the TOS?

The TOS should just read, Expose mod hypocrisy = Ban.

sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
People are too nice to say it, but Himuro and Benjy-san ruined the last thread.

::pulls pin and runs away::
Exactly what I would expect from a vile and worthless coward. Completely spreads mistruths rather than acknowledging how I ruined at minimum the last two threads because nobody ever brings it up until after the fact. :bolo

That said, none from me:
Re: The Official Psychoanalysis GAF Thread
« Reply #42217 on: February 15, 2013, 03:54:04 PM »
Wow. Now the thread's a defense of Hitler.

Quote from: AWESOM-O on February 27, 2013, 04:20:19 AM
There is no "21st century" definition of loli. It is literally a sexualized little girl, and that is what it will always mean. It comes from a damn book about a man who fucks a 12 year old.

on March 02, 2013, 08:33:22 AM
Has the GAF population really changed in the last few years, or have I just grown tired of OT?  I lurked GAF for years and finally made an account because I wanted to participate in OT.  However, it seems like as soon as I did that the tone of the forum changed.  This new "Don't question if a thread is stupid or not" policy seems like icing on the cake and the number of distinguished mentally-challenged threads seemed to grow exponentially.

I'm not sure if it's me being an old man yelling at clouds or if it really has changed.

I think we're ultimately getting into pointless battle of semantics here, but I personally don't necessarily agree that blackface has a very specific set of requirements
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:45:56 PM by Steve Youngblood »

« Reply #43106 on: February 25, 2013, 07:32:48 AM »
Star Wars  ::)
2 good movies, 2 meh movies, 2 terrible movies, millions of insufferable fans. Even the "good" episodes feature simplistic plots, shallow characters, shitty dialog, and bad acting. If I were to give Lucas any credit, I'd say it's all a parody.

on February 20, 2013, 11:37:50 PM
Sounds to me like Evilore should fire Groomph and hire a proper sysadmin.

I think it's more like GAF needs an architectural review and overhaul if it's running on the kind of hardware described by Evilore.

I'll tell you, with my final breath. I came here with a simple dream: a dream of shitposting all threads. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here?

Quote from: Queen of Ice
« Reply #42700 on: February 19, 2013, 06:34:41 PM »
Shaka, let's talk about penis.
[close]

thread was even more chilling than I thought...no likes *shudders*
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1436025

There were no warning signs? No other options? That is inconceivably cruel of her, I am so sorry.

:comeon

I guess gaffers heart is in the right place, but it often spills into excessive territory ("they are not your friends, forsake all of your social circles and find new ones") without any impetus for reflection.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

I agree with the guy who said there's no 21st century definition of loli. Fucking pedophile gaffers. At least Amir0x is now banned.
You should see what he wrote about duckroll though.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249519390

Sorry to the people I offended with my inquiries, i'm just curious about the statistics surrounding people who get dumped out of the blue and if that person found someone else.

"Statistics"

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249526434

Not sure if you can take solace in the thought that some day she will rue the day she fucked up the relation and wished she could take things back. lets hope when this does, you moved on so you can give her a cold shoulder.

:kobeyuck
ὕβρις

benjipwns

Something doesn't add up. It couldn't have been perfect all this time and then out of nowhere with no warning signs she asks for a divorce. If this is how it was, at the minimum you had communicating problems for this to come out of nowhere.
ya think?

daycru

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1436088

Lots of weirdos upset about the Doom port on Switch. Switch is pretty much Wii U+ which itself was 360/PS3ish. Unless you're a complete idiot, why would you expect modern AAA games to run on Switch at 60 FPS?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

Lots of weirdos upset about the Doom port on Switch. Switch is pretty much Wii U+ which itself was 360/PS3ish. Unless you're a complete idiot, why would you expect modern AAA games to run on Switch at 60 FPS?

I mean, they got it to run at a stable 60 on base PS4 and even regular XBox One...

:thinking
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.

Because lazy devs.
©ZH

VomKriege

• Do the moron
thread got locked

thats weird even by gaf standards

Can't really blame the mods though because as I pointed earlier GAF "unconditional support" quickly veers in bitter and vicious assumptions and turns into dogpiling the absent party. Nothing of help to OP (who took the advice and bailed, sensibly) or anyone really. I mean last post before lock is :

OP, there is another guy.

She might convince you there is not, you might be convinced there is not, but there is.

It is very important you talk about it now.

Because right now she lives in a world of secrecy you are not a part of.

And that makes it easier for her. Because she has been there for a while.
Without you.

You need to be in the same place to actually talk.

Get her to tell you the truth.

Not saying it will fix anything, but it will make the next months easier to take.

Trust me.

:quark
ὕβρις

venereology

Raist

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1436025

There were no warning signs? No other options? That is inconceivably cruel of her, I am so sorry.

:comeon

I guess gaffers heart is in the right place, but it often spills into excessive territory ("they are not your friends, forsake all of your social circles and find new ones") without any impetus for reflection.

Remember when "She found new D, sorry brah" would have accounted for 49 out of the 50 first replies? Yeah.

Not entirely sure why it was locked either :lol

agrajag

Woman is the distinguished black fellow of the world, fam.

Women are the straight white man of the transgender.

Raist

I mean, they got it to run at a stable 60 on base PS4 and even regular XBox One...

:thinking

So there are still people out there believing that Switch is somewhere in between the Bone and the Quadruple?
Nintenstans never fail to impress me.

SantaC

Wasnt wii u weaker than ps360 era

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

SmokyDave

I just don't get it. I can only assume it comes from cheerleaders that don't actually own the system, or have any familiarity with Nintendo whatsoever.

I was well impressed that they were going to bother porting it at all. If the frame rate is even close to steady, regardless of the number, I'm fucking in.

You shouldn't buy Nintendo hardware and expect to have anything approaching comparable third party support. Waste of time. Just be glad that the thing is fucking cool, and doesn't seem to have any glaring omissions or flaws.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain

You shouldn't buy Nintendo

Problems solved
dur

Raist

Wasnt wii u weaker than ps360 era

CPU isn't even relotely in the same ballpark.
More RAM, but crazy OS footprint, and it's slow as fuck RAM.
More "modern" GPU, sure, but rather weak otherwise. Not helped by the above.
Not to mention the fact that this thing needs to feed two screens.

The WiiU tech threads on GAF were hilarious. Timeless classic example of the Nintendo hardware rollercoaster and eternal cycle.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
:gloomy PS3 budget gpu :gloomy
©ZH

Nabbis

• oops
A few more consoles and Nintendo's legacy will be crappy hardware instead of Mario. I have a Wii U, i like some of their games, but the consoles since 64 are a piece of shit.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
PD burned by Robby Bobby’s nemesis.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249574893&postcount=137

Quote from: SCULLIBUNDO
Whoever said Avatar won't make $1b worldwide is the new PheonixDark
serge