Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2176729 times)

zepblackstar

If Bobby Roberts wanted to build himself up as an actual brand in the filmworld, he wouldn't spend so much time trying to get validated on Gaf.

But his insane jealously of others around him more successful is great.

daycru

Bobby Roberts is easily the most fascinating character in all of GAF. The ego, the insecurity, the fake black. Very intriguing guy, would watch a prestige drama based on his life.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Yeah what a bunch of losers that didn’t go to prom

😰

I went to prom both years. And the first year I actually went with a girl:patel

I went twice. First time was with a thicc busty brunette where we grinded and danced to NYC style hard house, that was pretty cool. Second was with the girl I was dating at the time, I was a sophmore in college and so I flew back up to Buffalo to see her, the relationship was nearing the end of its life though so it was pretty awkward, I didn't know any of her friends and the music wasn't nearly as good.
^_^

I went to my junior prom with two girls, danced the night away. Senior prom I went with a girl I was totally in love with and she didn't like dancing so we basically just sat there while I contemplated my life decisions. I thought I was going to marry that girl.  :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
and his insistence on using "the Wild West days of the internet" to talk about shit in the mid to late 2000s.

lmao. How old is he? The Wild West of the internet died in 1999.

TwEE-N-Toast

What ever happened to LKBAP? He was one of the OG virtue signalers on GAF but I haven't seen him post in forever. Maybe I e simply gotten better at avoiding him? Last I remember seeing of him, he seemed like he was actually starting to feel a little hung over from all that socially justicey brown liquor. Did even he have enough of GAF?

These are the things I think of when I have sightly more than usual regular brown liquor. Can I get some pity likes?

edit: HA! Take THAT, word filter!

Gaf became to fanatic for him and he ran away, the fucking coward. But he just came back. It's good to see him back in action.

These new kids can learn a lot from him.

Are you an ol refuge from Joystiq? I've been trying to figure out where I know the name. 

Tasty

Yeah what a bunch of losers that didn’t go to prom

😰

I went to prom both years. And the first year I actually went with a girl:patel

Brehs even I want to a prom with a girl, and I'm gay as fuck.

WaveRacer 64

What ever happened to LKBAP? He was one of the OG virtue signalers on GAF but I haven't seen him post in forever. Maybe I e simply gotten better at avoiding him? Last I remember seeing of him, he seemed like he was actually starting to feel a little hung over from all that socially justicey brown liquor. Did even he have enough of GAF?

These are the things I think of when I have sightly more than usual regular brown liquor. Can I get some pity likes?

Gaf became to fanatic for him and he ran away, the fucking coward. But he just came back. It's good to see him back in action.

Are you an ol refuge from Joystiq? I've been trying to figure out where I know the name.

He/she/they got butthurt over being banned and stopped posting, either that or a mod alt that is no longer in use. I saw a post recently in the PDP messo thread I think.

bluemax

https://twitter.com/VancouverTim/status/912019031271469056

The original twitter thread is pretty good and I agree with it, but there was a part of me that smh at this one.
NO

samfish

• Cereal mispeller

Haha, yep thats me.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437885

"this is goatse. pls don't load and just ban."

edit: and it's gone... I tried to archive but it got taken down

anyway someone posted goatse.. an account from 2005

lol  :doge

Vertigo

Lol of all the ways to account suicide, you do something as lame as that.  :lol

Was worth it to see the outrage from some of the posters though.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

The original twitter thread is pretty good and I agree with it, but there was a part of me that smh at this one.

I agree with bish?  ???

VomKriege

• Do the moron
I'll never understand people who save on food. Especially prepackaged precooked one. It's literally what you're made of.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=226647674

Are you seriously getting free pizza? You know your abusing the system and thus stealing from a company right?

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=226699389
ὕβρις

Dennis

I agree with bish?  ???

But............Bish helped make the forum bad...... :(

He was part and parcel of the culture that has made GAF less than it was 8 years ago when I joined.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437885

"this is goatse. pls don't load and just ban."

edit: and it's gone... I tried to archive but it got taken down

anyway someone posted goatse.. an account from 2005

lol  :doge

It's like someone in a coma for the last 15 years woke up and had an urge to shitpost, and this was the result.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
I'll never understand people who save on food. Especially prepackaged precooked one. It's literally what you're made of.

Are you seriously getting free pizza? You know your abusing the system and thus stealing from a company right?

Ugh. I’d rather eat Arbys than Papa John.
serge

Dennis

The Bore seems like a pizza dipping-sauce crowd tbh  :yuck

seagrams hotsauce

Ugh. I’d rather eat Arbys than Papa John.

Lol @ gaf's unrelenting corporate sycophancy for even a shitbag like Papa John

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249803175

Seen this posted on Twitter, Harry's review of Urban Legend (1998) and not that I want to pile on, but how was this tolerated as film criticism?

Not that the review is not horrible, but reading remarks like that or those of Bobby Roberts earlier leave me dumbfounded, as if "film criticism" was run like an actual industry with mandatory standards or some entity monitoring who gets to have a paying gig.
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
The Bore dips their crust into the coke.
sigh

zomgee

• We've *all*
The Bore dips pizza into the trash cans at Taco Bell
rub

TVC15

The Bore dips their crust into the coke.

Diet Coke. I’d rather have sex with a woman than drink regular Coke. Or are we talking about cocaine? I’d have sex with a woman for cocaine to dip my pizza in.
serge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

AKA the kitchen.

TVC15

Does anybody have any cocaine?
serge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Dennis

If I did do you think I would be browsing this thread?

TVC15

If I did do you think I would be browsing this thread?

Yes, even moreso than now.
serge

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Palmer Luckey announces that he has a new company
So you're totally okay with Nazis then.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249811656&postcount=100

Too remind everyone what Palmer Luckey did was fund this billboard.

And he also did this.

I ask, what is the greater crime.
sigh

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
This is like a gamergate thread without the bans, holy shit.

:lol
Fish<

daemon

This is like a gamergate thread without the bans, holy shit.

:lol

it's actually about ethics in virtual reality

daemon

I agree with bish?  ???

You can talk when you make a game that doesn't destroy a franchise. I don't know if i'd even want to disclose working on that turok game.

edit: came wrong. I meant he can say that stuff when he actually is part of a decently developed game.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:22:22 AM by daemon »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

He actually popped up in an outrage of the week thread after nearly a year absence from the forum and posted something like "holy shit you people have lost your minds while I was gone" somebody linked it on here.

I don't know if he ever worked his way back in with the new mob that runs OT or anything though. Adjusted his views properly, etc.

Bobby Roberts is easily the most fascinating character in all of GAF. The ego, the insecurity, the fake black. Very intriguing guy, would watch a prestige drama based on his life.
Okay, but you would watch a prestige drama that he wrote and directed and starred in?

Because I'm only seeing this working if we grant him all that to get the definitive cut, and then like I or Atra (or both of us) step in and edit it afterwards for normal human consumption.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249803175

Seen this posted on Twitter, Harry's review of Urban Legend (1998) and not that I want to pile on, but how was this tolerated as film criticism?

Not that the review is not horrible, but reading remarks like that or those of Bobby Roberts earlier leave me dumbfounded, as if "film criticism" was run like an actual industry with mandatory standards or some entity monitoring who gets to have a paying gig.
It's even worse than that, Harry's review in 1998 would have been something he posted on his website and was only paid attention to within circles that came off of newsgroups. He didn't "ascend" until the dot com boom made him into the normal media's "INTERNET GUY" they'd bring on for that specific role and it'd be a few more years before he was anything but an ascended newsgrouper/forum poster/fanboy/etc. (I mean, to the guy's credit, he's never really tried to be more than that, but I mean in terms of how the rest of the industry treated him.) That was how he wound up on Ebert's show after Siskel died and they were rolling through a different guest host every week until they decided on Roeper and he was one of the LOOK, FROM THE INTERNET!!! guys they brought on along with a few other "outside the published film critics" people they tried.

But he's always been more of an internet presence, I don't believe he's ever published outside Aint It' Cool News? Maybe a brief syndicated run as a test in those free papers every city has like Bobby Roberts works for?

Ain't It Cool News was launched in 1996, and its name is attributed to a quote from John Travolta's character in the film Broken Arrow.[2] Knowles began surfing the Internet while recovering from a debilitating accident in 1994. He spent a lot of time in newsgroups exchanging gossip and rumors about upcoming films, eventually creating his own Web site as part of his Internet hobby. A principal offering was Knowles's colorful movie reviews, but the primary distinction from other sites was the (ostensible) insider news articles. Production Assistants, people in the industry, secretaries and other behind-the-scenes folk would submit news such as casting decisions, scripts and release dates, though Knowles himself has admitted that in the beginning, some of the articles from these alleged "spies" were his own work generated from scouring the newsgroups.

The website garnered national attention in 1997 with the release of Batman & Robin. Knowles posted several negative reviews from preview screenings.[4] When the film performed poorly at the box office, studio executives complained that it had been sabotaged by the leaks to the Internet.[5] However, negative reviews from other, more traditional media confirmed what Knowles had posted.

According to an April 5, 2013 article in The Hollywood Reporter, Knowles' site made $700,000 per year in revenue in its early 2000s prime.[14] However, by 2013, traffic had dwindled and ad revenue had dropped to the low six figures.[14] The Hollywood Reporter also noted that Knowles owed $300,000 in back taxes to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service by that point and that the inability of AICN to adapt beyond a dated 1990s web template, being outpaced by newer sites and its continuing difficulty generating the scoops and headlines it was known for in its prime.[14]

benjipwns

You can talk when you make a game that doesn't destroy a franchise. I don't know if i'd even want to disclose working on that turok game.
That's a bit unfair, Turok was the second reboot attempt of a (gaming) franchise that never really existed outside the N64. And it sold well enough to get a sequel greenlit.

Turok: Evolution from the previous gen, six years prior, did even worse both critically and commercially and helped finally send Acclaim into bankruptcy.

Propaganda Games, post bish (who left before Turok finished btw), went on to do the weirdly coincidentally named Tron: Evolution before Disney decided to ditch the industry and cancelled their Pirates of the Caribbean open world game along with the Turok sequel.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

I agree with bish?  ???

AFAIK, Stufte hasn't. Though,  he didn't make Ghost Recon classic (read: the FPS one) and instead made Ghost Recon 2 (read: the third person one) so who cares what he thinks? :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm still waiting for a photo of Stufte, tbh bb.
[close]

daemon

That's a bit unfair, Turok was the second reboot attempt of a (gaming) franchise that never really existed outside the N64. And it sold well enough to get a sequel greenlit.

Turok: Evolution from the previous gen, six years prior, did even worse both critically and commercially and helped finally send Acclaim into bankruptcy.

Propaganda Games, post bish (who left before Turok finished btw), went on to do the weirdly coincidentally named Tron: Evolution before Disney decided to ditch the industry and cancelled their Pirates of the Caribbean open world game along with the Turok sequel.

I know, I was a bit harsh. I just find him so petty in all regards and it got the better of me.

FStop7

The Bore rejects baka gaijin fast food.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

benjipwns

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1437831

:mindblown

These people literally did not discover flag totemism until Trump? And it's all about hating minorities of the moment? And apparently white people actually opposed the flag when Obama was in office?

Oh hey, there's Liu Kang Baking A Pie! We were just chattering about him. One of the more reasonable responses so far too.

vs:

They don't like it when minorities assert their right to a dignified existence.

Not much more to it than that.
MLK-white-moderate.jpg
They only want acts of "free speech" for white nationalists, and generally just men.
"I want to shit on minorities speaking out but I don't want to explicitly say I have no respect for their race, so I'll make an appeal to authority."
It's not about the flag, it's about racism and wanting to put people in their place.
It’s quite simple. They are racists
there is no perspective, its dog whistle racism wrapped in blind nationalism, on par with jingoism. There is no real argument for such things. Paramount to "if you dont like everything about how America operates even if its bad, get out"

Its the exact same shit that was propagated during the civil rights era. We have the documents to prove that. the libel that was thrown at MLK about how America's freedoms even allowed black people to exist in the condition they did at that time instead of far worse
Certain people are upset because they lost grandparents, parents, siblings, and children in wars fought under that flag. That's all it is. It has nothing to do with BLM or minorities.
No.
It has nothing to do with flags. It's like bigots hiding behind religion to justify their vile opinions on the lbgtq community-- pure cowardice.
Quote from: NoblesseOblige
I don't try to understand the perspective of idiots.

all of which may be true for some people, but this debate over the flag worship didn't start this week kiddos
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_Protection_Act
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_Desecration_Amendment

benjipwns

No you just did what the right does and simplified a complex situation where we are right as the left as a completely easy issue which it isn't .

Edit : IMO yes the left should be held to a higher standard than the right . We have the moral upper ground and should keep holdin it . If we're dirty like them we lose that and the moral upper ground matters . The fact that I as a left leaning person am willing to listen to one from the right but he/she isn't matters . That's what makes me better
Yo your above the fray holier than thou bs is wearing real thin. Its not a real complex situation. Situations like this only get complicated once people start deflecting from the main issue with their own bs instead of addressing the main issue because they are either too uncomfortable or do not really want to address the main issue in the first place. Its why instead talking about having real criminal justice reform and accountability the main issue in the first place the conversation has shifted towards bs like people getting caught up in their own feelings about people kneeling and whether its disrespecting the flag.
:hitler

benjipwns

woah woah woah, somebody with an account needs to get in there and fix this thread, not a single person has posted this picture yet:

or this one:

benjipwns

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249897033&postcount=1911
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249896418&postcount=1904

Does The Bore have a policy regarding banning bad cops for being bad cops? Time for a ToS update if not.

No, this idea isn't targeted at a single, lone Bore poster who is the only poster the definition could possibly fit, how could it be. Why would you think that. Who would ever. I'm offended at the insinuation.

I just feel like this needs to a forum where we can be free from the threat of anyone who could turn out to be bad police. That's all.

benjipwns

it's times like the last four posts where the bore needs more christopher dorner's

FatalT

it's times like the last four posts where the bore needs more christopher dorner's

:holeup

cityhunter

"Doctor cupcakes" huh? Been seeing more and more of these dumbass naming convention just to show the world what a special unique snowflake they are in this world of copycats and trend followers. Also saw "Godzilla's left toe" or something similar on the forum as well. I have more respek for xXxMLGBongHitzAnal420xXx then that shit. Not like it's a new phenomenon but still get a small eye roll from me time to time lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
"Doctor cupcakes" huh? Been seeing more and more of these dumbass naming convention just to show the world what a special unique snowflake they are in this world of copycats and trend followers. Also saw "Godzilla's left toe" or something similar on the forum as well. I have more respek for xXxMLGBongHitzAnal420xXx then that shit. Not like it's a new phenomenon but still get a small eye roll from me time to time lol

Would have liked the post if you were named Nicky Larson's Johnson.
ὕβρις

WaveRacer 64

Does The Bore have a policy regarding banning bad cops for being bad cops? Time for a ToS update if not.

No, this idea isn't targeted at a single, lone Bore poster who is the only poster the definition could possibly fit, how could it be. Why would you think that. Who would ever. I'm offended at the insinuation.

I just feel like this needs to a forum where we can be free from the threat of anyone who could turn out to be bad police. That's all.

Besada is doing gods work, including banning cops, the power trip on that guy is off the chain like you kids say.

WaveRacer 64

A pepperoni pizza and a bucket of dipping sauce please.

nudemacusers

Dude should be banned for having a cerny avatar in 2017
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron

Japan PM Shinzo Abe calls for snap election

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249932847

Why are politicians allowed to do this

Because their constitution says so ?
ὕβρις

benjipwns

Given the Democrats and US citizens inability to do anything about him, wouldn't surprise me at all if trump rips the constitution after the end of his 8th year as president and says that he's just gonna re-write it and give himself a 3rd, 4th, 5th, infinite term as preside- scratch that, SUPREME RULER of these UNITED States of America.

Oh USA, what a pickle you're currently in.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
Some people really need to get a fucking grip
bent

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Given the mods and Bore posters inability to do anything about him, wouldn't surprise me at all if benji rips up the TOS at the end of his 8th year of posting and says that he's just gonna re-write it and give himself 3rd, 4th, and 5th alts.

Oh Bore, what a pickle you're currently in.
©@©™

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.

Oh wow. Shame he ultimately helped contribute to Gaf's degradation

benjipwns

Yesterday I had to deal with this mindset.

Wife’s birthday and I spent it with her side of the family. Her father is really pissed about the flag thing.

I tried to explain how no rights are being violated or rules being broken and that Trump has no say on the NFL because the owners for the most part seem to support the players.

Tell him they are afforded the right to do so by the constitution and I get the usual “I don’t care”.

As expected since listening to crap like Hannity I was told in my own home “Oh god another fucking bleeding heart liberal.”

Then he points to me, looks to the family and says “He’s exactly what fucking wrong with this country.”

I almost lost it. Had to go in the basement. Minutes later he left the house and went home.

Right before that he went into the “shit like this is only a problem if you’re black!”, to which I had to promptly state “You don’t speak like that in my house.”

Trying to raise my daughter to be better than that.

I always knew he was a bit racist, but he was raised that way and for the longest time he kind of just kept it to himself. However this shit stain in office has normalized it yet again and he is acting in a way I haven’t seen in the 12 years I’ve known him.

We’ve never went at each other like we did yesterday.

FStop7

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=249956958

Thread lasted 6 whole posts until :jared

Funny to see GhaleonEB jump in there.  Anyone with a red name on GAF should keep their fucking yap shut when it comes to this topic.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:34:57 AM by FStop7 »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I find it slightly amusing that this dude's surname is Weiner

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
It is pretty funny tbqh.
©@©™

benjipwns

you're pretty funny tbqh