Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2176148 times)

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
Those besada tweets are hilarious  :lol dude is like 50 and is sending insults to politicians over the internet. This dude is still a forum moderator after this?

And his tweets read like youtube comments   :doge

He's still a moderator after literally having his corrupt ways exposed

Only way he's getting removed at this point is being caught with CP or worse, talking back to Evilore  :doge

agrajag

Considering he's an IRL Mr. Creosote he already vomits profusely.

Shuri

I mean...  :doge

There are so many threads in neogaf, pages upon pages of people rightfully condemning internet bullying, toxic behaviors, twitter wars.

No matter what side or opinions, its just terrible to participate in this. It brings nothing to the table. It’s just negative.

Neogaf prides itself as a place that is free of this kind of attitude.. but there you have the most active mod doing the same thing on Twitter.

:mindblown

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
We've got glorified e-janitors/baby sitters tweeting grade school level insults to politicians like it matters calling people "sad sacks"...it's all fucked up  :lol

Nabbis

• oops
I can kinda understand why some of those other assholes are so into Neogaf oppression Olympics. I just don't get what a 50 year old white guy is doing there...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:15:59 PM by Nabbis »

FStop7

Barking angry tweets at trump's twitter account is apex slacktivism.  you might as well shout into the toilet.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Barking angry tweets at trump's twitter account is apex slacktivism.  you might as well shout into the toilet.

He is.  :doge
©ZH

agrajag

I can kinda understand why some of those other assholes are so into Neogaf oppression Olympics. I just don't get what a 50 year old white guy is doing there...

His obesity classifies him as disabled, so check your privilege at the door mister.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
343 Rescinds Job Offer to Halo Community Member Over Forum Post

A reminder to everyone to be civil in their criticism. "No one at 343 deserves their job" is an awful thing to say; unfortunate for him, but understandable on 343's part.

You know what else is pretty awful? Releasing a completely broken game a few weeks before Christmas to capitalize on a black friday sale, and in the process, fucking over hundreds of thousands of people.

The post in question:

Fucking no lies detected. Company should have been sued out of existance after the MCC debacle. But muh multi-million dollar corporation backed by muh mulit-billion dollar corporation.
Fish<

Vertigo

Lol someone set him right up.

But you have to be naive as fuck to think that kind of comment would stand once HR/management saw it.

Your dream job in tattters.

nachobro

• Live Más
you might as well shout into the toilet.
well yeah, he still posts on neogaf

Vertigo

I was reading other comments this guy had made about Halo and 343 and wow  :lol

FStop7

That's a petty as fuck move by 343, tbh. 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
I don't have a problem with 343

:yeshrug

Shuri

MCC pretty much killed the franchise. A freaking compilation managed to do this.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
But you have to be naive as fuck to think that kind of comment would stand once HR/management saw it.

:confused

I'm pretty sure HR saw it. And even if they didn't, it's a pretty dick move to go "oh, btw, you're not hired after all lol" when the person is in the process of moving. At least pull them aside go "yo, your shit isn't accepted here. Delete that or be fired." and wait for them to fuck up somewhere else.

That said, if FyreWulf is right: Into the bushes with this dude, and there's no reason 343 couldn't have found that AFAIK if they're all up in the community.

seagrams hotsauce

Guess Gary Whitta would have been making the right move when he purged his GAF history to prevent Lucasfilm from shitcanning him for badmouthing SW. Instead they just shitcanned him for being a hack

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
how the hell is stinkles still employed then?

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: NeoGAF Gaming-Side Laff-A-Lympics Megathread
« Reply #498 on: September 26, 2017, 04:52:48 PM »
Thread title needs less BR.
©ZH

zomgee

• We've *all*
Guess Gary Whitta would have been making the right move when he purged his GAF history to prevent Lucasfilm from shitcanning him for badmouthing SW. Instead they just shitcanned him for being a hack

i cant stop laughing at this
rub

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
You have demi tho

imagine having as exquisite taste in men as me
fat

Boredfrom

Quote from: besafa
There's a difference between posting negative commentary and being an asshole. Saying, "I think X did a bad job and I think they could improve it by Y" is fine. "X is fucking moron and they should all be fired," is not fine.

Part of the problem is you have a generation of people who grew up somehow believing they could say any repugnant thing they wanted online without ever being challenged. Someone changes your sniper rifle? Threaten to kill their children! Someone makes a game you don't like? Threaten to rape them!

That sort of behavior is unacceptable here and any other place with even minimal standards, much less a place of employment where they have no problem finding less obnoxious replacements.
Not only does besada regularly openly insult people, (he literally called me a "complete fucking moron" a couple hours ago :lol ,)  but saying that 343, the company that purposefully hired a staff that was disintrerested/hated the sole franchise they had to work on, should have their staff cleaned out isn't the equivalent of saying people should be raped or murdered, as dumb as the statement might be.

Guy was stupid for openly posting that months before he was hired, especially if they could trace it back to him, though.

Then again, being a neogaf mod is not exactly a real job, as much as Besada whishes it to be...

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
There's a difference between posting negative commentary and being an asshole. Saying, "I think X did a bad job and I think they could improve it by Y" is fine. "X is fucking moron and they should all be fired," is not fine.

Part of the problem is you have a generation of people who grew up somehow believing they could say any repugnant thing they wanted online without ever being challenged. Someone changes your sniper rifle? Threaten to kill their children! Someone makes a game you don't like? Threaten to rape them!

That sort of behavior is unacceptable here and any other place with even minimal standards, much less a place of employment where they have no problem finding less obnoxious replacements.
Not only does besada regularly openly insult people, (he literally called me a "complete fucking moron" a couple hours ago :lol ,)  but saying that 343, the company that purposefully hired a staff that was disintrerested/hated the sole franchise they had to work on, should have their staff cleaned out isn't the equivalent of saying people should be raped or murdered, as dumb as the statement might be.

Guy was stupid for openly posting that months before he was hired, especially if they could trace it back to him, though.

Then again, being a neogaf mod is not exactly a real job, as much as Besada whishes it to be...

Evilore and Amir0x paying him "under the table" if you know what I mean...  :teehee

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
Uh, can we get back  to fun stuff

But this is fun  :cody

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.

Evilore and Amir0x paying him "under the table" if you know what I mean...  :teehee

On second thought  :donot

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
Re: NeoGAF Gaming-Side Laff-A-Lympics Megathread - We all like 343 here.
« Reply #505 on: September 26, 2017, 06:48:55 PM »

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #506 on: September 26, 2017, 06:49:33 PM »
the star trek discovery thread on gaf is ramping up... basically if you thought it was shit there must be *hidden reasons* as to why

::)

agrajag

« Reply #507 on: September 26, 2017, 07:21:15 PM »
Quote from: Z3M0G
I just learned that PR is a US territory...

:neogaf

Does Trump know?

:trumps

Does US media know?

:comeon

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #508 on: September 26, 2017, 07:36:39 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1439055

I was happier when I was a virgin

There are better things to do than reproduce all the time, despite what every single one of your hundreds of millions of ancestors believed

:girlaff

Funny how self-proclaimed fighters for social justice actively promote and participate in shaming virgins and those who live at home. Can't we all come up with something new?

Losing your virginity is nothing special tbh. But it's still kinda odd if you're in your mid 20s+

Fake it till you make it if it bothers you.

Yeah, I find it disappointing how prevalent it is to equate sex with self worth, including here on GAF.

Really, outside of anything to do with performing sex acts, which is the only place where this sort of thing is actually relevant, it shouldn't matter at all. There's this bizarre attitude surrounding sex that makes it feel like some kind of compulsory, mandatory activity that everyone must go through at some point, and it's just ridiculous. The whole thing is ridiculous. It's not nearly amazing or transformative enough an experience to warrant the kind of weight so many cultures place on it.

And PLEASE PLEASE don't continue with any thought that having had intercourse will change your life in any way.

I'm an addict with a Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering, and this has led to me being in MANY MANY situations where my brain overcomes logic. I have a ridiculously beautiful wife (you can image search my my old GAF posts if you're so inclined)

:ego

It is a bit hard to deal with at the age of 32, fortunately i am isolated enough from the society to not have to hear people mention it. I swing between fatalism, trying to keep hope, and overthinking things.I try to focus on thingsi can control and feelings and people cannot be

The egoic mind will always, always, always find a game to continue it's perpetuity of lack. If it's not "I haven't fucked" it's "I haven't fucked X people" or "I haven't fucked in X way" or "I haven't fucked in X time" or "I lack this" or "I lack that" where the game is played now beyond the topic of the "filling the less-than me" void which will never, ever be filled because on an intrinsic level, one is never lacking. Ever.

It is deeply hard for that sense of self-realization to soak in, as we avoid it. We care too much to accumulate, to look outside, to acquire, instead of inquire into the nature of thought, the feeling of lack, and the empty games of filling it up. It's all distractions, and what is most tragic is, by and large, we have succeeded in this regard than arguably more than anything our species has done with our limelight in the universe.

:derp

Some minds will be blown alongside jizz when they'll get to nut in a partner.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #509 on: September 26, 2017, 07:38:08 PM »

Does Trump know?

:trumps

Does US media know?

:comeon

Did Seth Rich know? :hans1
©@©™

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #510 on: September 26, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »
Quote from: GhaleonEB
My MO online is, "don't be a jerk". Most of GAF's rules can be boiled down to this, FWIW. It may require some self-censorship (particularly for jerks) but I'd argue that' a good thing. We should all take a moment to consider if we're meeting a minimum level of basic decency with our discourse.

:lol you work volunteer with a guy who tweets shit like this  :lol

https://twitter.com/GAF_besada/status/911808951016181761

https://twitter.com/GAF_besada/status/912040735402323969

https://twitter.com/GAF_besada/status/911809100454989824

https://twitter.com/GAF_besada/status/912498613175058433

https://twitter.com/GAF_besada/status/912157596278251520

https://twitter.com/GAF_besada/status/912140794936602624
Fish<

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #512 on: September 26, 2017, 08:15:39 PM »
Quote from: GhaleonEB
My MO online is, "don't be a jerk". Most of GAF's rules can be boiled down to this, FWIW. It may require some self-censorship (particularly for jerks) but I'd argue that' a good thing. We should all take a moment to consider if we're meeting a minimum level of basic decency with our discourse.

:lol you work volunteer with a guy who tweets shit like this  :lol

you don't even have to go off-site to find examples of why this statement is full of shit

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #513 on: September 26, 2017, 08:18:05 PM »
FUCK em all. My people need all the help they can get. Never mind they are Americans. Probably see them as second class citizens because they aren’t a state.

:thinking

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2017, 08:18:49 PM »
do you think Besada reads this thread?

also why doesn't Steve Youngblood post here anymore? Is it because the other mods told him he was on thin ice for his fraternization?

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #515 on: September 26, 2017, 08:20:49 PM »

also why doesn't Steve Youngblood post here anymore? Is it because the other mods told him he was on thin ice for his fraternization?

Of course he does. He even has an account here  :lol

Youngblood only posts for PR purposes these days  :doge

thisismyusername

« Reply #516 on: September 26, 2017, 08:53:20 PM »

Serious post: I seriously didn't know PR was a territory of the US. It's never explained in US history/geography/social-studies classes. If I never looked it up on Wikipedia, I wouldn't have known.

I highly doubt Trump knows PR is under his purview. I'm sure some advisers have explained, but he'd be like "really? You're just pulling my leg" since (speaking anecdotally) I don't really know ANYONE that takes a trip to PR in the US.

Dennis

« Reply #517 on: September 26, 2017, 09:00:19 PM »

Serious post: I seriously didn't know PR was a territory of the US. It's never explained in US history/geography/social-studies classes. If I never looked it up on Wikipedia, I wouldn't have known.

Are you fucking serious right now? I am not  American and even I know PR is a US territory.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #518 on: September 26, 2017, 09:01:09 PM »

Of course he does. He even has an account here  :lol

Youngblood only posts for PR purposes these days  :doge

At least somebody cares about Puerto Rico.
©@©™

thisismyusername

« Reply #519 on: September 26, 2017, 09:02:53 PM »

Are you fucking serious right now? I am not  American and even I know PR is a US territory.

100% serious. PR is/was never mentioned in school. Most American's don't give a shit about the rest of the world, so outside of nightly news-casts about certain stories (terrorism, mainly) it's like "well, that sucks. Oh well, back to the Kardashians."

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #520 on: September 26, 2017, 09:03:22 PM »
Why is Besada talking about tiny, shriveled dicks when he hasn't seen his since the Carter administration?
🍆🍆

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #521 on: September 26, 2017, 09:32:08 PM »
Why is Besada talking about tiny, shriveled dicks when he hasn't seen his since the Carter administration?

he's seen tiny dicks, just not his own  :doge

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #522 on: September 26, 2017, 10:26:57 PM »

:whew
que

daemon

« Reply #523 on: September 26, 2017, 11:27:57 PM »
so guy places a (series of) driveby average internet post and loses his 343 appointed job. Meanwhile stinkles foams up his mouth with posts that are cringeworthy constantly and is still on the top of it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:34:58 PM by daemon »

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #524 on: September 26, 2017, 11:46:51 PM »

Ok yeah. No. Those are called cocktail wieners or pigs in a blanket. To his credit, they are delicious.

thisismyusername

« Reply #525 on: September 27, 2017, 12:26:36 AM »
lmao. Seems like any other random "chat with hot grills" site to me. :doge

daemon

daycru

« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2017, 12:54:08 AM »
Stinkles ruined Halo
Besada is a whale and also probably a child molester
Etc

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #528 on: September 27, 2017, 01:02:59 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439175
(Image removed from quote.)
 When you see it
 :holeup

If that's real we should all respect him and his lived events that led him to furrydom (which has existed throughout history, the pagans would wear animal faces) but if it's supposed to be a call out to "cheeseburger surprise" memes on GAF then he should be forced to apologize.
sigh

nachobro

• Live Más

jorma

« Reply #530 on: September 27, 2017, 01:09:44 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1439175
(Image removed from quote.)
 When you see it
 :holeup

Seems to be an obvious cheeseburger surprise joke for the new gaf era, yeah? Furries are the new bottom bitches in town.. :doge

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #531 on: September 27, 2017, 03:07:54 AM »
I highly doubt Trump knows PR is under his purview. I'm sure some advisers have explained, but he'd be like "really? You're just pulling my leg" since (speaking anecdotally) I don't really know ANYONE that takes a trip to PR in the US.

He had a (failed) golf there. It's also home to many a tax loophole. I'm certain he has some familiarity with it.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #532 on: September 27, 2017, 04:57:30 AM »
Politics   :paul

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #533 on: September 27, 2017, 05:20:37 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=250160033

He attacked a waay smaller dog out of nowhere, how brave, doubt he cares though...

:derp :what
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #534 on: September 27, 2017, 05:29:05 AM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=250152407

Don't ever talk to me or my waifu again !
ὕβρις

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #535 on: September 27, 2017, 05:35:47 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #536 on: September 27, 2017, 05:42:10 AM »
This has to be a parody thread or something.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438476

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #537 on: September 27, 2017, 06:53:04 AM »
Hi

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #538 on: September 27, 2017, 07:32:37 AM »
^that .swf page is the only reason I'll ever miss flash