Author Topic: Maybe the real NeoGAF was the friends we made along the way...  (Read 2271388 times)

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
I'll buy some cinematic AAA pos and then just go back to playing Stardew or Rimworld or Grim Dawn. I'm currently playing Tooth & Nail and Redeemer (twin stick brawler/shooter where you're a monk who gave up violence until violence comes to your monastery).
reckt

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1450701

World record of largest Zelda related merch

I bet she's never played or even beat a Zelda game.

As a massive Zelda fan, thats wife material right there.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Shuri

I can’t believe that the mods are sticking around  :-\

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
I can’t believe that the mods are sticking around  :-\

Yeah, I'm shocked.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not really.
[close]

parallax

Looks like I missed a lot of Evilore drama yesterday. I am not at all surprised by these new allegations. Evilore has always been a creepy chump. He's desperate to be something he is clearly not. But Evilore should be a known quantity at this point. Him deleting threads and banning poly for merely being mentioned should not be surprising. Who should get more shit are the forum users and mods who are aware of these allegations yet continue to look the other way.

If the mods had any integrity--and truly believed the pro-women, progressive principles they claim to hold--they would resign their modship. How many times have they and other forum users lit into people who had much flimsier sexual misconduct allegations hurled at them? They had no problems then showing their disgust and harshly banning/dogpiling anyone who thought differently. Now, they are strangely quiet. I guess having that red name trumps everything else.

As much shit as we give Bobby Roberts for being a smug asshole, at least he tore into Evilore, directly addressing his creepy sexual behavior with women. Even if it was all a temper tantrum, Bobby Roberts have shown more integrity than the mods. It is so pathetic  :lol

did he do this on gaf, or twitter?

Averon

Looks like I missed a lot of Evilore drama yesterday. I am not at all surprised by these new allegations. Evilore has always been a creepy chump. He's desperate to be something he is clearly not. But Evilore should be a known quantity at this point. Him deleting threads and banning poly for merely being mentioned should not be surprising. Who should get more shit are the forum users and mods who are aware of these allegations yet continue to look the other way.

If the mods had any integrity--and truly believed the pro-women, progressive principles they claim to hold--they would resign their modship. How many times have they and other forum users lit into people who had much flimsier sexual misconduct allegations hurled at them? They had no problems then showing their disgust and harshly banning/dogpiling anyone who thought differently. Now, they are strangely quiet. I guess having that red name trumps everything else.

As much shit as we give Bobby Roberts for being a smug asshole, at least he tore into Evilore, directly addressing his creepy sexual behavior with women. Even if it was all a temper tantrum, Bobby Roberts have shown more integrity than the mods. It is so pathetic  :lol

did he do this on gaf, or twitter?

Bobby did it on Twitter after getting upset after getting his latest ban. So him popping off at Tyler was a way to soothe his bruised ego. But even if that's the case, at least he said something. And he wasn't cowardly being ambiguous about who he was talking about. That is far more than what you can say about the mods. That someone like Besada is silent on Tyler's misconduct and alleged misconduct--and possibly helping cover it up--says it all, really. They have shown that they prioritize their mod status that their progressive principles. It makes all their talk about sexism, feminism, and women's rights insincere.

Oblivion

He has had BJJ as part of his identity for a looonnng time.  I *think* he's claimed achieving a blue belt way back.  I don't recall any posts of him hitting purple belt or greater.

Wait, apparently I had my belt rankings all mixed up. For some reason I thought a blue belt was either the one before, or the penultimate belt before black belt. Considering a black belt takes FOREVER to get, I figured reaching a blue belt was pretty impressive. But it turns out that it's the first one you get after starting off as White belt. It's basically the martial arts equivalent of an associate's degree.  :neogaf

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
I remember him being creepy as fuck with a member of the gaf tinychat community as well, meeting her a few times and then turning nasty when she rejected him. Then there was the ass grabbing... and the anti-monitor stuff.. and the leaking of nudes of someones girlfriend way back in the day. So no surprise there. Just seems like a socially awkward creep in general by all accounts.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:55:45 AM by Mr Gilhaney »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Was HUELEN the real hero, the real human being all along ? :ohhh
ὕβρις

Dennis

Huelen was too pure for this world GAF

Dennis

seagrams hotsauce

HEULEN is an underrated character. I miss her and terrisus

Switters

I miss terrisus

:donot

Terrisus was a sentient case of lukewarm caffeine free diet rootbeer that was always following you around.
troll

seagrams hotsauce

He was such a weirdo though. He'd always weirdly brag about how his wife would never fuck him

seagrams hotsauce

who cares? not like you're not using adblock anyway

Oblivion

57 guests right now  :o

all these lurker fruitcakes leave once the juicy gaf drama is over. Always happens. They're too addicted to gaf to give it up

Tbf, this also applies to the regulars here as well.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
 :ufup

Oblivion

As for how popular/powerful Evilore/Gaf is...

I've been on the forum for over 12 years now (holy shit  :fbm ) and I've worked at several game developers and know lots of gamers, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I literally have not met a single person who knew what GAF was. I don't say that to criticize necessarily, but to question how that works. Gaf is, at the very least, quite popular with mainstream video game news outlets, with many consistently plugging the site when some major story breaks out. But there's this weird disconnect between it being acknowledged by the gaming media, but ignored by the public. You don't have to be a hardcore gamer to know who IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku and hell even Polygon are, but nobody (at least in my experience) has any clue what gaf is. It's somewhat fascinating, actually.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
NeoGAF mods, why the fuck do you volunteer for this creep?
Fish<

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
sunk cost fallacy.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Was sad about being perma banned yesterday after 5 years, but at least I didn't get banned for being freinds with a girl that Evilore allegedly sexually harassed the way Polyh3dron did.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Well it would seem sorta hypocritical to ban swathes of people for wrongthink but then be just fine of someone accused of doing some pretty awful things. I can understand for the mods that aren't on constant crusades and are just trying to do a good job (Cyan) and those that don't care / do a bad job (that youngblood tyrant) but others like besada? yeah....:hitler
que

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Was sad about being perma banned yesterday after 5 years, but at least I didn't get banned for being freinds with a girl that Evilore allegedly sexually harassed the way Polyh3dron did.
you should hear about that time EviLore banned a girl for refusing his advances

VomKriege

• Do the moron
I'm repeating myself from yesterday but really having some money to pay the service of a lawyer and a mob of online readers who could, even without being directed, take action against a perceived slander is already a position of privilege. I can understand someone being intimidated by those prospects, especially since you're unlikely to "win" anything or prove it conclusively beyond some doubt.

I mean... Imagine three offshot internet communities and hundreds of readers suddenly scrutinizing you and your words, having super strong opinions about it and maybe receiving messages from strangers even if innocuous. A lot of normal people would be thrown off and under pressure by this alone.
ὕβρις

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Thankfully he has the confidence that can only come from having fought 1,000 fights!
que

FStop7

Thankfully he has the confidence that can only come from having fought 1,000 fights!

is jerking off really a “fight”?

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
I consider very time I masturbate a battle
dur

cityhunter

is jerking off really a “fight”?

Undisputed 5 second knock out champ right here for the 5000th time this year bby

CyclopticTendencies

I remember him being creepy as fuck with a member of the gaf tinychat community as well, meeting her a few times and then turning nasty when she rejected him. Then there was the ass grabbing... and the anti-monitor stuff.. and the leaking of nudes of someones girlfriend way back in the day. So no surprise there. Just seems like a socially awkward creep in general by all accounts.

Is it true that Amirox printed out that leaked nude picture, jizzed on it, and put the pic online? I remember reading that once but I don't know if I ever saw proof.

Himu

Is it true that Amirox printed out that leaked nude picture, jizzed on it, and put the pic online? I remember reading that once but I don't know if I ever saw proof.

Yes it is.

It was, as Bobby would say,"the Wild West days of the Internet".

Also of note, is that the nudes were traded for a mere PSP.
IYKYK

SushiKii

This thread makes me glad I never registered at GAF.

zomgee

• We've *all*
Forums were a mistake.

Hell this stuff has been apparent since the days of newsgroups.
rub

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
As for how popular/powerful Evilore/Gaf is...

I've been on the forum for over 12 years now (holy shit  :fbm ) and I've worked at several game developers and know lots of gamers, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I literally have not met a single person who knew what GAF was. I don't say that to criticize necessarily, but to question how that works. Gaf is, at the very least, quite popular with mainstream video game news outlets, with many consistently plugging the site when some major story breaks out. But there's this weird disconnect between it being acknowledged by the gaming media, but ignored by the public. You don't have to be a hardcore gamer to know who IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku and hell even Polygon are, but nobody (at least in my experience) has any clue what gaf is. It's somewhat fascinating, actually.

Not surprising in the slightest.  It's a 'little' video game message board.  Most people have moved on and post stuff on much bigger social media platforms than boards.  If anyone is going to know of any kind of message board-like site, it's going to be reddit.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Everybody needs a place where they can lord over others and pretend their superior to them. Makes them feel accomplished in a world where they accomplished nothing.

Really the only reason that I continue to put up with you jokers, to be honest.
dog

nudemacusers

Everybody needs a place where they can lord over others and pretend their superior to them. Makes them feel accomplished in a world where they accomplished nothing.

Really the only reason that I continue to put up with you jokers, to be honest.
Lord over me, daddy :noah
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
So this is where we all washed up. And we even have smileys now.  :doge
🤴

Himu

I fucking LOVE the hypocrisy of gaf, its staff, its users. Being banned for WRONG THINK and seeing them navel gaze over the most political trite while you're not allowed to talk about how the owner is a serial harasser or how Amirox, one of its most prolific users, is a convicted pedophile without fear of banning or account deletion. One HINT that Poly is the one that took the screen cap that shows Evi-chan is a disgusting man and he's banned without saying a word. Just because his name is mentioned. But, these people continue to go about their ways on their awful website talking about MILKSHAKE DUCKS. :lol

If it weren't so hilarious it would be considered completely disgusting.

Pedogaf ring is probably real at this point.
IYKYK

agrajag

Youtuber Hbomberguy dismisses and gaslights an employee
(The whiny, terrible YouTuber that GAF constantly promotes by virtue of him being liberal)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1450926
Can a mod fix the title of thread? I hit enter on accident. It should say dismisses harassment claims and gaslights employee. Or just put Milkshake Duck
(Image removed from quote.)

This is really not a good look for him and trying to shutdown discussion will (obviously) lead to the Streisand effect.

Shutting down discussion?? Why that's unheard of, especially on a site like NeoGAF.com  :doge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
The sweeping usage of milkshake duck is appropriate because first and foremost it says you fucked up, you trusted other people.

Himu

Someone explain the term milkshake duck. First of all, why is it called milkshake duck?
IYKYK

agrajag

cheesburger aardvark

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
Someone explain the term milkshake duck. First of all, why is it called milkshake duck?

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/741904787361300481
nat

VomKriege

• Do the moron
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/milkshake-duck

Meanwhile, Twitter user @Xythar tweeted a screenshot of user @9_volt88 reacting to the news about the game, noting “This is the fatest Milkshake Duck I’ve ever seen take place IRL” (shown below). Additionally, a post titled “‘The Last Night’” (Milkshake Duck incarnate)" was created on NeoGAF.[4] Also that evening, GaintBomb senior editor Alex Navarro tweeted “we are now milkshake ducking at speeds heretofore unseen by man.”[5]

ὕβρις

Himu

Even after that tweet it's still dumb. :lol Like, why is a duck drinking milkshakes?
IYKYK

Himu

(Image removed from quote.)

are they mtf or ftm

oops sorry, forgot this wasn't one of my anti-sjw trans groups
IYKYK

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
It's just dumb. That's it. It's a memey way to describe a hypocrite.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/arts/milkshake-duck-meme.html

“Just fyi I am 100 percent for never letting it go when a developer participated in Gamergate” she tweeted. (Before you click, know that Ms. Quinn’s Twitter handle currently includes an obscenity.)

Oh NYT you and your quaint, old fashioned middle class modesty.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/877835272750211073

:rofl
FUCKING ACADEMICS OUT TO GET US !

“I’ve created a monster,” Mr. Ward responded.

I guess for once NeoGAF did play a part in creating something popular. Though it's weird the term was thrown around in June but clearly saw intoxicating use in the last few weeks for some reason.
ὕβρις

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
I swear Neogaf is the only site still talking about GG.
reckt

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Also it would seem the meme is explicitly about meteoric internet viral sensations seeing their fortune turn on a dime almost instantly, which means most gaffers are using it wrong for long established celebrities falling off their pedestals.

I swear Neogaf is the only site still talking about GG.

Well and Gators themselves. Though you're right they often don't use the label very much these days.
ὕβρις

agrajag

I was watching JRE clips on youtube the other day, and Joe Rogan was using the word gross. You know, in the GAF way.

:trigger

agrajag

Also it would seem the meme is explicitly about meteoric internet viral sensations seeing their fortune turn on a dime almost instantly, which means most gaffers are using it wrong for long established celebrities.

Of course an alt-reich gamergator like you would let details get in the way of being on the right side of history. To atone for your sins, you must go and punch ten nazis.

benjipwns

Also it would seem the meme is explicitly about meteoric internet viral sensations seeing their fortune turn on a dime almost instantly, which means most gaffers are using it wrong for long established celebrities falling off their pedestals.
hey buddy some of us have already been making jokes about that for over a week
America's Dad saying most of the right things.

Don't be a milkshake duck Tom Hanks.
Milkshake Duck is an internet slang term referring to a representation of a viral internet star who is briefly adored by the public prior to the discovery of their distasteful or offensive past.
Definitely sounds like Tom Hanks, viral internet star for playing David S. Pumpkins on hit internet channel Saturday Night Live.

etiolate

so wait

Evilore was the "my sister was assaulted" post?

http://archive.is/tKRxo

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
so wait

Evilore was the "my sister was assaulted" post?

http://archive.is/tKRxo
That avatar is a crop of a pic satirizing the situation. I doubt someone who was concerned about their sister would chose that of all things.

The again, you're not saying they are sincere. Nevermind.

benjipwns

He has nothing to make amends for.

He did nothing wrong, and his game looks cool.

Drama for drama's sake by distinguished mentally-challenged fellows.
AHA! GOTCHA! So you finally admit the market fails!