Poll

Animal Crossing?

For
20 (76.9%)
Against
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 12:02:39 AM

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp - All of Triumph's Hate and Himu's Love  (Read 19098 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp - All of Triumph's Hate and Himu's Love
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2017, 10:01:42 PM »
Oooh log in bonuses, I’m a sucker for light obligations

Add me up 24758882600

Neato. I'm 3392 7307 397

Himu

« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2017, 10:04:14 PM »
I'm level 4 and pretty bored to be honest. Well, I put more time into this than I did happy home (which sucked) and it was free soooo

Just looking forward to AC Switch.
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2017, 10:06:00 PM »
Also don't waste your Leaf Tickets on the Tom Nook chair. The fat fuck just sleeps all day on your campsite
Thematically, Tom Nook consistently exists on the sweat of other laborers.

Tasty

« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2017, 11:05:06 PM »
Level 13. Bought $8 in Leaf Tickets but switched apps so I was charged but it's not in my account. :maf

Gonna file a help ticket... and buy $8 more.

Tasty

« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2017, 11:06:26 PM »
Happy Home was even less of a game than this. At least with this there's (out of place) gamification.

HHD was like taking the minimap out of WoW and making it its own game. /zeropunctuation

Tasty

« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2017, 11:56:38 PM »

Deep discounts on fish, bugs, and fruit at my market. 8)

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2017, 12:43:47 AM »
And not a doggone Squid in sight :'(

Also was your purchase wasn't across separate OS's homie :x

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2017, 01:50:56 AM »
Simple request, can you remove the spaces in the friend codes from your sheet? It registers the spaces as a number on iOS so it eats up the last two numbers. Idk, just a little annoying having to go back and check again when fixing.

Himu

« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2017, 12:43:56 PM »
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2017, 03:35:01 PM »
All names and codes so far are in the OP.

Tasty

« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2017, 07:51:03 PM »
Fixed the OP for Val.

Got my 200 tickets I paid for. :rejoice (There's a "Finalize Incomplete Purchase" button at the bottom of the Leaf Ticket dialog.)

Got to level 16. :rejoice

Leveling up an amenity to level 3. :rejoice

Tasty

« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2017, 08:04:14 PM »
Holy shit you can get mad Bells in the MyNintendo screen. Just got 1000 silver AC coins or whatever for various "missions."

100 coins = 5000 bells

I just got 50,000 fucking bells. :o

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2017, 10:56:42 PM »
Hell yeah!

I just hit level 20. Has anyone figured out the fucking quarry works lol :noah

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2017, 11:17:08 PM »
how do you level up friends in the camp? seems like you can barely ever do requests so all I've n doing is taking to them for gifts every few hours
pcp

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2017, 11:21:01 PM »
how do you level up friends in the camp? seems like you can barely ever do requests so all I've n doing is taking to them for gifts every few hours

Talk to them, craft amenities. New amenities give all animals on your camp a big XP boost.

TBH if you wanna level up one animal hard it's probably best to kick them off your camp, and use a calling card and request cards in one of the other spots. Using the cards also provides a good amount of XP. 

I've noticed once animals hit level 7 or so they'll start asking for rarer stuff (eg a horned beetle, bass fish) and giving better bonuses and gaining more XP. I have heaps of rare fish stashed away for the higher levels lol. I also have a blowfish for sale for 15 grand lmfao (it was the games RRP for the fish)

Tasty

« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2017, 12:23:09 AM »
You have to level up your amenities to get them higher than level 7. You start at T1 and can increase to T3, which will let you level villagers up to 20.

Has anyone figured out the fucking quarry works lol :noah

Once a day you can invite people to "help" you with the quarry. If five of them do, you get into it without paying leaf tickets. If this happens, the people who "helped" you each get 100 bells. If you fail to get 5 and enter the quarry, then the people who did help you will get 10 bells.

When you invite someone to help, a shovel will displayed on your entry in the friends list screen. That will tell the person they can click on you and "help" you.

You can also pay 20 leaf tickets once a day to enter. So I think at max you can only ever enter the quarry is twice a day.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2017, 12:54:51 AM »
Cool, thanks. Ive "helped" a few peeps with the shovel icon. Makes sense

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2017, 12:05:59 PM »
Wish you could put more types of things in the market box like clothes or furniture! Y’all are flying through the levels, think I’m only level 10 still

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »
Holy shit you can get mad Bells in the MyNintendo screen. Just got 1000 silver AC coins or whatever for various "missions."

100 coins = 5000 bells

I just got 50,000 fucking bells. :o

This is a hot tip, thx

Tasty

« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2017, 12:55:59 AM »
Hit level 20, working on my second T3 amenity, and cleared all stretch goals except for the kiddie furniture one.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2017, 01:42:25 AM »
Jeez y’all bingin, I’ve played a lot I feel like and I’m at level 12 maybe? Got some rarer fishies and bugs in my box and also 6 squids goin for as cheap as they sell

Tasty

« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2017, 02:16:35 AM »
Yes. This game has been my life this Thanksgiving break.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2017, 02:22:19 AM »
I’m working on my 8th camper then I’m just gonna grind bells, materials and levels until I have enough stuff to actually plan out my camp and camper

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2017, 08:01:24 AM »
Just hit level 24, I'm in it too deep

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »
I'm almost level 26

A few musings and tips:

The ultra-rare stuff seems pretty useless atm as I haven't had a single request from any animal for a football fish, jewel beetle, koi, etc. I figure the requests will come once an animal get above level 10 (my amenity for level 15 for the "cool" animals is crafting atm). So currently theres a bunch of these rare creatures at exorbitant prices clogging up peoples market boxes. I'm sandbagging all the rares I get in my inventory and not listing them for the time being.

The "medium rare" items (bass, snapper and horned dynastid) have been requested relatively often for me, so it's a good idea to list these. The animals give 1k bells for each of these when requested (plus +3 XP and crafting loot), so you can sell excess of these for 1k each or a little less for a more enticing sale.

To complete requests efficiently I've been keeping my stock of common items at around 5 apiece. So to supplement this I've been buying tons of incidental stuff from peoples Market Boxes when their avatar is hanging out at one of the resource gathering locations, so its a good idea to keep a variety of common stock listed so people like me can scoop it up!

I bought lots of underpriced stuff off Andrex yesterday, you need to charge more! I'll often pay several hundred bells for a common item i need if I need it to complete a request for an animal that's rights there.

Also I burned through all my calling cards and request tickets while grinding up friendship levels. Calling cards are a whopping 30 LEAF TICKETS each to purchase. Really pricey.

I made the sucker mistake of buying the KK Slider chair, turns out if you have that and the Tom Nook chair on your campsite, only one of them will appear at random. Terrible. Feel a bit ripped off by these premium items but the collector in me had to have them
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:37:09 PM by The Sceneman »

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2017, 05:33:20 PM »
Hit level 20, working on my second T3 amenity, and cleared all stretch goals except for the kiddie furniture one.

Whats the deal with the "lovely chair" one? It's one of the couple I have left

Tasty

« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2017, 06:58:51 PM »
I bought lots of underpriced stuff off Andrex yesterday, you need to charge more! I'll often pay several hundred bells for a common item i need if I need it to complete a request for an animal that's rights there.

1. I want to be the first stop for people looking for a specific item. ;) Building a "brand name" here. (And it seems to be working! I've been rotating out 60-80% of my inventory these past couple days, and I have 12 slots. :o)

2. I want all my items to sell. Once it's in the box, I can't replace its spot without completely losing it. So yeah, them selling at all is imperative.

It's all pure profit anyways, so 10-50 bells over the in-game price is completely fine for me.

Tasty

« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2017, 06:59:32 PM »

You have to craft the original version of the chair (white), then eventually it'll let you craft the second version (pink) which uses the first as one of its materials.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2017, 07:04:05 PM »

You have to craft the original version of the chair (white), then eventually it'll let you craft the second version (pink) which uses the first as one of its materials.

Thanks!  :D

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2017, 02:11:38 AM »
Just hit level 27

So addicted to this damn grind

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2017, 02:22:20 AM »
I also put up lotsa cheap stuff I don't need because I want to help others, which is why I try to sell them in packs of 3 at 100 bells if I have enough. I use the Market Place too a lot to buy stuff, although I find lately that most just sell coral and horned dynastids. Really wish it was easier it browse though. Would've been neat with a search function that filtered out friends who doesn't have it in their boxes. Or put up orders, that'd be real fucking neat, so we can also check who needs what at which price, and sell to them while they're not even there.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2017, 02:37:41 AM »
Yeah another annoying thing is the fact you only see four items for sale in the friends list :(

The Game is still new and they'll hopefully improve the UI and processes for buying and selling

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2017, 05:20:17 AM »
One thing I've noticed I have heaps of friends and other avatars appearing with Japanese names written in kana (could be due to my region/timezone? I'm in New Zealand). Thankfully I'm a weeb who can read kana. You folks in the US getting japanese players and friend requests?

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2017, 05:54:15 AM »
Everyone is, the game is extremely popular among Japanese (females especially). I'm actually really surprised only 1 Japanese person on my FB friendlist plays this game, I've got tons of (Japanese) friends, they were also obsessed with Miitomo when it was new.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
yar

Himu

IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2017, 06:06:24 PM »
Chairs in a row seems like a good way to quickly go through all your campers tbh 🤔🤔🤔

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2017, 10:43:15 PM »
oh my God please tell me there's an easy way to get more cotton. everything now needs like 30-90 pieces be I'm getting one or two pieces from the occasional request. this is annoying as hell.
pcp

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2017, 11:12:41 PM »
Certain animals give specific materials I think. The higher the animal's friendship level the more stuff they yield. I've had animals give out like 6 cotton fairly regularly. You'll be sweet if you keep leveling the animals.

Also you can get piles of materials from the My Nintendo tab, cash in your missions and go wild. Heaps of good free stuff in the My Nintendo

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2017, 01:44:26 AM »
https://animalcrossingpocketcamp.gamepedia.com/Cotton

From gifts, requests, and friendship level ups for:

Agnes, Bitty, Bud, Maggie, Rex, Roald, Tex

It's also rewarded at the quarry sometimes, so you can ask to lend a hand anytime, and they won't be deleted during cycles if you don't enter, so you can wait until it says cotton to enter if you get 5 helping hands before it shows up.

I always say it's more important to use the Nintendo Points for materials, not bells. It's ridiculously easy to get bells, you can even shake fruitless trees and bells might fall out.

Tasty

« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2017, 03:12:51 AM »
I'm always lacking bells but that's because I'm constantly crafting new shit, or I'm blowing it at the market to complete my catalog.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2017, 03:57:02 AM »
Just hit level 30

That was the final Google Play achievement. I wonder what the level cap is?

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2017, 08:35:40 AM »
Google Play has achievements?

I'd be 30+ but I missed a whole day and many hours already. Hate that leveling up feels a little competitive. :lol

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2017, 05:48:16 PM »
Lol sorry, it's mainly me self-flagellating for playing this game such an ungodly amount. I'm crafting amenities like a madman currently, trying to ensure I get to raise the level caps on animals before they max out. Yeah, Google Play has achievements, you can view them from the "misc" tab in the large main menu

Word on the street is that some people have maxed animal's friendship levels but they've never asked for the rare items, and those rare fish and bugs currently have no use. Guess we gotta wait for an update or something. edit: according to this thread https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/225791-animal-crossing-pocket-camp/76023587 someone claims they have had a request for a football fish... I'm hanging on to my inventory just in case

My next campsite project is gonna be a post-apocalyptic gladiator ring with Tom Nook as arbiter. Gotta craft a few more items first
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:40:18 PM by The Sceneman »

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2017, 06:04:43 PM »
I found this player's guide while researching the rare fish/bug requests. https://www.imore.com/animal-crossing-pocket-camp-tips-and-tricks

Some really good tips and strats here

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #167 on: November 28, 2017, 06:39:13 PM »
I'm always lacking bells but that's because I'm constantly crafting new shit, or I'm blowing it at the market to complete my catalog.

Same, I'm constantly blowing cash on stuff I don't want, just to collect it. I need to save 10k to craft Cherry's special sports car right now. Apparently you get hooked up with consumables (ie. request tickets) and 10XP for completing an animal's special crafting request

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2017, 12:02:40 AM »
Just hit level 30 (Image removed from quote.)

That was the final Google Play achievement. I wonder what the level cap is?

Holy shit, Scenester, you even compulsively gather Google Achievements?  :o

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2017, 03:44:22 AM »
Haven't really put in enough time to be able to sell a lot of useful stuff without being affected when there's a new cycle. So now I've decided to think of my own needs before selling my stuff to others. :lol

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2017, 04:44:24 AM »
I've decided to only list things if I have more than 10, as it suuucks when you get hit with several animals all with 3x squid requests (seems to happen a lot)

I got a good shop set up but my prices are perhaps a little high, I'm doing 100 bell 2packs mostly. Not too much merchandise shifting. I'm gonna lower my prices on subsequent listings. One of the japanese players on my friends roster runs a tight ship with 60 bell 2 packs. I'm always buying off her and giving kudos!

Gonna burn some leaf tickets to help construct Tom Nook's Thunderdome soon
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:59:13 AM by The Sceneman »

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2017, 09:57:29 AM »
Fuck, it took me 32 levels to realize you don't have to tap inside the Tap! bubble when catching butterflies or fishing. Game changer. :rofl

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2017, 11:38:28 AM »
what if I don't want to be friends with some of the animals because they're ugly
pcp

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2017, 12:42:18 AM »
what if I don't want to be friends with some of the animals because they're ugly

Good point lol. Theres a pretty ugly monkey which has turned up for me recently. I dont like him.

I'm level 35 and each request cycle now has calls for snappers, black bass and horned dynastids. This is awesome as these requests pay out 1k bells and good amounts of crafting materials. I'm pretty much crafting what I want now with no issues with resouces

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2017, 02:54:31 AM »
Holy smokes, a whole bunch of timed Christmas goals just went up (looks like xmas day is the expiry date). A lot of new stuff to craft with a new candy cane resource, and leaf tickets up for grabs too!

Edit: The goals are really easy and half of them give you more candy canes to help complete the other ones. Animals are giving out candy canes on top of their normal stuff. Basically free leaf tickets up for grabs here. I'm not really a fan of the xmas trappings myself. Still, free shit!

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:14:01 AM by The Sceneman »

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2017, 09:00:44 AM »
Free Santa hat :uguu

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2017, 02:28:09 PM »
Fuck, I already have most of the Christmas stuff. :doge

Really helped going to the Quarry, since it gives canes.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2017, 02:38:13 PM »
I did the quarry and it gave me 3700 bells, no canes  :'( Oh well, theres 24 more days lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2017, 03:14:11 PM »
Where do you guys get all this free time 😯I’m still level 17 just plugging along

« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2017, 05:17:39 PM »
Just downloaded this today and I'm adding everyone in this thread

plucas - 64064659386