Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174387 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3360 on: November 19, 2017, 02:18:00 AM »
Same old gaf

Kosma,

Your actions in this message (A Second Letter to Resettlers; or "But The Future Refused to Change") are not appropriate:
Less rules and modship is the key

all opinions if civil should be welcome

the gaf groupthink and flavour of the month facist modship contributed to its downfall
We cannot allow users to be abusive, overly aggressive, threatening, or to "troll". This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3361 on: November 19, 2017, 02:20:59 AM »
I knew Cindi's thread was doomed as soon as excelsiorlef appeared. No surprise that sweet nicole locked it either. That one and Morrigan seem to be going for the new Bish and Besada titles.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3362 on: November 19, 2017, 02:24:35 AM »
haha i got a warning from this morrigan for stating an opinion  :lol

I didnt realize resetera was already on that gaf level of “only mod approved opinions allowed”

Himu

« Reply #3363 on: November 19, 2017, 02:30:14 AM »
I'm fine with the ban. It was deserved and I went too far. I just wish I could have made that post. I don't like my intentions being assumed although it was understandable. I'm definitely the hard on people but actually big softie type which doesn't communicate well online unfortunately. Tough love is a bitch but I could have handled it better. :fbm
IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3364 on: November 19, 2017, 02:32:20 AM »
I'm fine with the ban. It was deserved and I went too far. I just wish I could have made that post. I don't like my intentions being assumed although it was understandable. I'm definitely the hard on people but actually big softie type which doesn't communicate well online unfortunately. Tough love is a bitch but I could have handled it better. :fbm

Cindi, can I get some tummy rubs for my correct ban prediction?

Plz, Cindi. Shitty week. Bless papa.
serge

Clockwork5

« Reply #3365 on: November 19, 2017, 02:33:52 AM »

I didnt realize resetera was already on that gaf level of “only mod approved opinions allowed”
I mean it was inevitable when the mods of the new place were the members which would PM the mods of the old place for perceived wrong think.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3366 on: November 19, 2017, 02:35:15 AM »

Nah, screw that place.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3367 on: November 19, 2017, 02:38:39 AM »
lmao you got banned already from the promised land? even i lasted longer girl  :yuck

agrajag

« Reply #3368 on: November 19, 2017, 02:39:44 AM »
some of you have stockholm syndrome when it comes to online forums  :ufup

TVC15

« Reply #3369 on: November 19, 2017, 02:39:52 AM »
Can somebody give me some fucking e-tummy rubs? I’m desperate for some affection here!
serge

Clockwork5

« Reply #3370 on: November 19, 2017, 02:40:16 AM »
You were being honest and a bit brave with your honesty. Did you deserve the dog piling? Sure, people disagreed with you (I don't.) Did you deserve a ban for "transphobia"? Lol, no.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3371 on: November 19, 2017, 02:45:43 AM »

I mean it was inevitable when the mods of the new place were the members which would PM the mods of the old place for perceived wrong think.

I guess, I honestly didnt keep up at all with who launched resetera

TVC15

« Reply #3372 on: November 19, 2017, 02:49:05 AM »
Fuck you guys and Cindi. I’m going to give myself a Pine-Sol enema.
serge

daemon

« Reply #3373 on: November 19, 2017, 02:49:34 AM »

Big Brother was right, I shouldn't have had an opinion of my own. I now welcome the sweet embrace of death.

Clockwork5

« Reply #3374 on: November 19, 2017, 02:50:48 AM »

I guess, I honestly didnt keep up at all with who launched resetera

I'm envious. I don't know why I get all wrapped up in this bullshit. I'm trying to keep a healthy distance from RE now. I just lol from a distance.

Clockwork5

« Reply #3375 on: November 19, 2017, 02:52:04 AM »

Big brother was right, I shouldn't have had an opinion of my own. I now welcome the sweet embrace Nicole of death.
FTFY

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3376 on: November 19, 2017, 03:00:20 AM »
Can somebody give me some fucking e-tummy rubs? I’m desperate for some affection here!
PnP? I'll put a shard of crystal meth up your ass and show you my version of pin the tail on the donkey  :smug

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3377 on: November 19, 2017, 04:17:21 AM »
That post got likes? You nasty asses  :-*

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3378 on: November 19, 2017, 04:32:48 AM »
Don't rob 6 year olds the chance to practice their reading. They might become overly reliant on voice acting.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1142617/
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3379 on: November 19, 2017, 05:37:58 AM »
This honestly reads like a troll post by an account dedicated to muckraking against liberal politicians more than a serious person's opinion.

I'm not saying that's what you are, but your reaction is the dream of right-wing whataboutists everywhere. It looks like Russian copypasta. Being so obsessed with removing him from power is just... Odd.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1141629/

Not saying you're a cunt but you are virtually indistinguishable from one !
ὕβρις

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #3380 on: November 19, 2017, 06:25:07 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3381 on: November 19, 2017, 06:31:44 AM »
This reads exactly like both sides nonsense. You're justifying the suffering of millions just to try and hold your nose above the stink.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1066834/

It's fine dude, but realize that while you burn someone to the ground over an accusation that may not have happened and a really poor joke, the alternative is literally driving a million more nails into the crosses of a million more innocent people. But as long as your morals get by squeaky clean, I guess they don't matter

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1066694/

:iface
LITERAL CRUCIFIXION

Lmao, and there it is, “both sides are the same.”

Funny how the ones trying to make themselves out like saints are often so politically clueless. Society under a Dem admin is irrevocably and dramatically different, and you know that. If you don’t, start reading up on history.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1066811/

Something something eating themselves.

Then a few pages later...
- Isn't that the same shit the GOP does ?
- What ? No no no. Are you both siding now ? We don't do that on ERA.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:41:35 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3382 on: November 19, 2017, 08:06:03 AM »

it's so dumb that this woman did this to Al Franken. I don't understand her goal in all this other than bring attention to herself. He apologized, she immediately accepted, what was the point?? Watching ResetGaf eat each other though
:fabulous

EDIT: wait, this bitch works for Fox sports? Has appeared on Hannity and the Red Eye? And Reset still went with the bait?  Worse, democrats took this bait? The media? my god dems are such fucking pussies.
:neogaf
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:12:58 AM by Assimilate »

nudemacusers

« Reply #3383 on: November 19, 2017, 08:48:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1145689/

Having actually met the person in question there are not enough roll eyes on the planet. And good luck to any president unceremoniously sacking a 4 Star whose been around for ages for not executing a nuke strike lol. But I’m sure not-gaf has it all figured out.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3384 on: November 19, 2017, 09:33:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1145689/

Having actually met the person in question there are not enough roll eyes on the planet. And good luck to any president unceremoniously sacking a 4 Star whose been around for ages for not executing a nuke strike lol. But I’m sure not-gaf has it all figured out.

Wow how do you sleep at night with the blood of millions of literal nuclear nails shoved into billions of people every minute.
ὕβρις

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3385 on: November 19, 2017, 09:47:38 AM »
Eh, queen you were 100% right. Some people just can't handle the truth.
que

Himu

« Reply #3386 on: November 19, 2017, 10:30:05 AM »

You said before that you know trans women who agree with me? What do they say about it?
IYKYK

Dennis

« Reply #3387 on: November 19, 2017, 11:34:40 AM »
I like how you get a notification if someone quoted you and replied to your post.

I'm like "Huh? Someone noticed me!" :gladbron

It was senpai.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3388 on: November 19, 2017, 12:33:34 PM »
Eagerly anticipating sloptimus' full-throated defense of Russell Simmons in the wake of the money-grubbing, fame-hungry scofflaw Terry Crews airing him out

Clockwork5

« Reply #3389 on: November 19, 2017, 12:36:36 PM »
I like how you get a notification if someone quoted you and replied to your post.

I'm like "Huh? Someone noticed me!" :gladbron

I wish you could like posts on RE.

"EA Sucks. I hate Lootboxes. Wont somebody think of the children?"

:like Derrick01 and 29,754 more people like this

« Reply #3390 on: November 19, 2017, 12:42:50 PM »
next time you're in an argument, just ask if they use a tumblr/salon as their source of info, you'll either get a more reasoned discussion or a complete meltdown

Boredfrom

« Reply #3391 on: November 19, 2017, 12:45:56 PM »
Who would knew that Morrigan and Slayven would be crappy mod choices?

Clockwork5

« Reply #3392 on: November 19, 2017, 12:48:07 PM »

Its almost like they put the KGB in charge after the fall of the Kremlin.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #3393 on: November 19, 2017, 12:57:47 PM »
I didn't finish watching the video Cindi posted at ERA, and I totally see where she's coming from, but I support non-binary gender-queer people. I personally don't view them as trans at all. In fact most of my non-conforming friends are cis in same sex relationships.

I don't fully get it. I don't practice it. I get how it can super annoying and confusing to straight people. But at the end of the day, binary representation is a social construct. I get how frustrating it is for a trans man/women who worked so hard to play by the rules. But if the current trend continues, the future is without rules. The most the lines are blurred, and maybe if this crazy tumblr generation continue doing what they're doing, maybe people will be too exhausted even think about it, and maybe some day you can be whatever goddamn person you want to be without having to explain yourself.

But then again maybe future president Bannon will bring the apocalypse and every queer and/or person of color will die at the hands of neo-nazis.

Who knows. Who cares. Live and let live until you die.
Unzip

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #3394 on: November 19, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »
Um, I just made a post above discussing himus thread, and it's showing up as blank. Is something being censored?
Unzip

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3395 on: November 19, 2017, 01:02:21 PM »
There’s some broke shit goin on with the site with links or someshit — not censorship

Clockwork5

« Reply #3396 on: November 19, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »
Um, I just made a post above discussing himus thread, and it's showing up as blank. Is something being censored?

Did you [url] the link? that happened to me the other day. I thought you guys wanted me to leave :fbm

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #3397 on: November 19, 2017, 01:06:54 PM »
Typing "binary" followed by "representation" wipes the whole comment. Cool.
Unzip

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3398 on: November 19, 2017, 01:09:50 PM »
did himu get banned for saying that if you have a schlong and a beard you shouldnt pee in the ladies bathroom?

because if so i agree

etiolate

« Reply #3399 on: November 19, 2017, 01:10:25 PM »
The bobby bobberts censor has gone mad!

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #3400 on: November 19, 2017, 01:11:54 PM »
Seems like it. But let's go back to criticizing GAF and ERA's thought police.
Unzip

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3401 on: November 19, 2017, 01:13:08 PM »
Yeah playing around with it, seems like b [anything] y r[anything] blanks your shit. That’s uh, not great

kingv

« Reply #3402 on: November 19, 2017, 01:16:00 PM »

Morrigan at least tries to sound reasonable in posts.

And I think she is moderately decent looking.

And slayven tries to sound literate.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3403 on: November 19, 2017, 01:16:36 PM »
I mean in the end its their community so if they want to extremists, thats their right i guess

Its just funny its so specifically fine tuned to some sexual and racial things

Other leftists ideals are not enforced, like you can safely say you eat meat and drive a diesel suv, that wont get you banned (even though it kills thousands of human beings now and down the road) but if you say something like himu you get banned  :lol

kingv

« Reply #3404 on: November 19, 2017, 01:17:08 PM »
Typing "binary" followed by "representation" wipes the whole comment. Cool.

Actually... that is a good censor choice.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #3405 on: November 19, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »
Trump's America :american

Bannon/Spencer 2020 :american
Unzip

agrajag

« Reply #3406 on: November 19, 2017, 01:25:26 PM »
binary representation

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3407 on: November 19, 2017, 01:36:17 PM »

You said before that you know trans women who agree with me? What do they say about it?
Pretty much the same as you. They abhor the "man in a dress" thing. They view it as people playing at trans to get attention. They're like "If you had dysmorphia you'd put in the effort to be passable."
que

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3408 on: November 19, 2017, 01:37:02 PM »
Yeah playing around with it, seems like b [anything] y r[anything] blanks your shit. That’s uh, not great
And it wipes the whole post so you can't even quote post to see the shit. I get that the meme was getting a little out of hand but protecting the feelings of some sniveling lil nerd doesn't seem like something worth literally breaking the site over

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3409 on: November 19, 2017, 01:40:07 PM »
I don't know why a word filter would have this effect. We have plenty that work without issue.

zepblackstar

« Reply #3410 on: November 19, 2017, 01:41:07 PM »
Eagerly anticipating sloptimus' full-throated defense of Russell Simmons in the wake of the money-grubbing, fame-hungry scofflaw Terry Crews airing him out

I said gwaddamn

:gladbron
https://twitter.com/terrycrews/status/932276034388467712

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #3411 on: November 19, 2017, 01:45:49 PM »
btw has anyone heard from TVC 15? i just want to make sure he's ok

Clockwork5

« Reply #3412 on: November 19, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
The self driving car thread...

Smh at those saying it would have been preferable if Jeremy Clarkson had been killed.

:snoop

Edit: the link was killing my post. Automation is a mistake, confirmed.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3413 on: November 19, 2017, 02:04:55 PM »

Maybe I missed something, but it was for the post here?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-discussion-non-binaries-and-the-trans-debate.6928/page-5#post-1139309

"User has been banned for 24h for transphobic content." 

"Transphobic content"...from a trans woman? 
:huh
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 02:09:03 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

etiolate

« Reply #3414 on: November 19, 2017, 02:05:19 PM »
You're not a real bore member unless you have bobby dysphoria.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 02:12:53 PM by etiolate »

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #3415 on: November 19, 2017, 02:18:10 PM »
Anyhow, I didn't finish watching the video Cindi posted at ERA, and I totally see where she's coming from, but I do support non-binary, gender-queer people. I personally don't view them as trans at all. I mean they aren't, by definition. In fact most of my non-conforming friends are cis and in same sex relationships.

I don't fully get it. I don't practice it. I get how it can super annoying and confusing. But at the end of the day, binary (fuck the censor) representation *is* a social construct. Asking people to present one way or the other *is* a form of policing. Making an effort to pass one way or the other *is* ultimately a way blend into ages old social norms constructed by straight people.

I get how frustrating it is for a trans man/women who worked so hard to play by the rules. But if the current trend continues, the future is without rules. The lines are getting increasingly blurred, and if this crazy tumblr generation continue doing what they're doing, then maybe everyone will be too exhausted even think about it. Maybe some day you can be whatever goddamn person you want to be without having to explain yourself.

But then again maybe future president Bannon will bring the apocalypse and every queer and/or person of color will die at the hands of neo-nazis.

Who knows. Who cares. Live and let live.

It's what LBGT people wanted, but now that they're starting to get the traction they fought for, are seriously going to oppress a new wave of thought? Who gets to decide "this is it. Current definitions are set in stone. No more new rules. Can't have more."?

It's so ironic.
Unzip

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3416 on: November 19, 2017, 02:23:34 PM »
I read through some of that thread.  There is no reason for Himuro to have been banned for it.  This is yet another "I (or we) don't agree with you, so I'm banning you" action by a mod that echoes NeoGAF.  I can understand locking the thread, citing things going nowhere, but the ban was not justified. 

Unless it goes against the TOS, people should not be banned for having an opinion, no matter how much you disagree with it or how "wrong" it is.  I don't get why this is so hard for moderators to understand.  Ban the the troublemakers and trolls...not legit posters.
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3417 on: November 19, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »

it's so dumb that this woman did this to Al Franken. I don't understand her goal in all this other than bring attention to herself. He apologized, she immediately accepted, what was the point?? Watching ResetGaf eat each other though
:fabulous

EDIT: wait, this bitch works for Fox sports? Has appeared on Hannity and the Red Eye? And Reset still went with the bait?  Worse, democrats took this bait? The media? my god dems are such fucking pussies.
:neogaf
dumb ass bitch

etiolate

« Reply #3418 on: November 19, 2017, 02:41:25 PM »
oh dear

Kristoffer dropped a cult of domesticity in there. That would fall under the "blame Europeans for something we see across time and other cultures" category.

You can't argue gender as a social construct and argue the biological female brain trans angle at the same time. It's two conflicting arguments being presented together under the same umbrella. It just can't work long term without some serious brainwashing. Cindi is right to be concerned about this, because the problems it will create are more likely to damage her than that non-conforming dude in a blue wig.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3419 on: November 19, 2017, 03:14:36 PM »
For a bunch of postgender beings they sure act like a bunch of simple binary bitches.

I can't take this whole concept seriously, sorry.