Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2147872 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Nabbis

• oops
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3121 on: November 17, 2017, 08:25:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1031365/
 :doge

I don't believe that shit happened, why would you post it on resetti? Or does OP believe that the site shares leftist ideals in class structure? :neogaf

I never knew people can bend over so much for some rich kid on the internet though.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3122 on: November 17, 2017, 08:30:36 AM »
I dunno the guy comes out as a prick to be honest. He was asked a favor by an acquaintance, the least he could do is to take time writing a mail to give advice and explain why her profile is a hard sell.
:yeshrug
ὕβρις

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3123 on: November 17, 2017, 08:34:48 AM »
I only play solo too. I try to play online but it’s not fun unless someone is next to you in the room.

But then, I’m happy I’m a dinosaur. I wear it like a badge of honor. Fucking millennials.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3124 on: November 17, 2017, 08:44:29 AM »
On another note, are people putting their housing address on resumes now? That just seems reckless.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1043746/

:confused
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3125 on: November 17, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »
Eh, some recruiters share CVs among their network of pals, so if you're the type of person that people would want to fuck with it may be a good precaution, cant hurt at least.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #3126 on: November 17, 2017, 09:42:14 AM »
Now its Sly.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/report-sylvester-stallone-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-teen-in-1986.6529

What a day.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry for the triple post. Im starting to feel like Benji
[close]

Doesn't say she was forced into it though.  It says she was handed the keys.  She could have said no.

Says TheBore.com user "Rocky".  :thinking
©ZH

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3127 on: November 17, 2017, 09:43:02 AM »
Eh, some recruiters share CVs among their network of pals, so if you're the type of person that people would want to fuck with it may be a good precaution, cant hurt at least.
If you applied via snail mail it's imbossible to leave out unless you have a PO box or delivered it yourself. In Germany, it'd go straight into the trash either way for not adhering to convention. It's still recommended to include a recent picture, too.

I'm old enough to have been taught to include my parents' names. :hitler

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3128 on: November 17, 2017, 09:45:06 AM »
If you applied via snail mail it's imbossible to leave out unless you have a PO box or delivered it yourself. In Germany, it'd go straight into the trash either way for not adhering to convention. It's still recommended to include a recent picture, too.

what's with the picture thing? that seems wrong.

kingv

« Reply #3129 on: November 17, 2017, 09:46:18 AM »
As someone who hires a lot, I would say most people put addresses on their resume and pretty much everyone at least says what city they live in.

I worked at a medium size company and we don’t offer relocation for most positions, so it tends to be an important factor for hiring. Like I’m not going to hire someone from TX or CA for an internship for a position 1000 miles away because they would be on the hook for relocation and TS just probably not going to happen.

Trurl

« Reply #3130 on: November 17, 2017, 09:51:55 AM »
As does the parents' name. Reminds me of how glad I am to live in a classless society.  :usacry

Rocky

« Reply #3131 on: November 17, 2017, 09:58:06 AM »
Now its Sly.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/report-sylvester-stallone-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-teen-in-1986.6529

What a day.

Sorry for the triple post. Im starting to feel like Benji
[close]

Doesn't say she was forced into it though.  It says she was handed the keys.  She could have said no.

Says TheBore.com user "Rocky".  :thinking

And ironically I use that username because that was my nickname in high school, which I attended in the 80s.   :lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3132 on: November 17, 2017, 09:58:36 AM »

"First impression," basically. Like a preview to the interview. If your position requires you to wear a suit, wear one in the picture, etc. To show you know what the fuck you're doing.

Personally, I think it's all nonsense. Most likely they just want to know if you're obese or whatever. Customer facing positions are probably screened for ugly people as well.

Very useful if you're a dentist and have a type. :shh
https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article106157943/Die-wohl-blondeste-Zahnarztpraxis-Deutschlands.html

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3133 on: November 17, 2017, 10:15:22 AM »

I'm sure horror stories happen and I wouldn't include it in a CV on a public platform obviously, but it seems weird to not include it if you're applying to a company. At that rate, your phone number or email might also be a liability.
ὕβρις

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #3135 on: November 17, 2017, 10:17:15 AM »
would absolutely not put my address on a cv/resume. Wtf, prospective employers only need to know where your are currently situated, not exactly where you live.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #3136 on: November 17, 2017, 10:44:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-second-letter-to-resettlers-or-but-the-future-refused-to-change.6684/  :nsfw

Finale Firework decides to pull out his dick and start masturbating.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3137 on: November 17, 2017, 10:55:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-second-letter-to-resettlers-or-but-the-future-refused-to-change.6684/  :nsfw

Finale Firework decides to pull out his dick and start masturbating.
Guy is describing his posting on a forum as his lifesyle. Dude go 3D print some friends and get the fuck off the net for a while,

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #3141 on: November 17, 2017, 11:11:11 AM »
Jeenus at all the posters in the NPD thread blaming Wolf II's weak sales to the alt-right.

I looked through four pages of boring chatter because of this post. Link the posts fuck  :gun

:point

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1059459/

There are a couple in the same vein prior to that post.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:16:07 AM by Pepinappe »

blaze

« Reply #3142 on: November 17, 2017, 11:12:21 AM »
They are babies.

Less rules and a more laxist moderation is exactly what we need if we want this place to turn into another 4chan with shitty memes where minorities are the butt of all the jokes.
We don't need a discussion about whether or not we think we allow marginalized groups should be allowed to live or not.

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #3143 on: November 17, 2017, 11:14:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1078745/

Didn't they say the same thing about GAF before it went haywire?  :huh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3144 on: November 17, 2017, 11:20:57 AM »
Glad that group of cunts have self contained tbh, if only they could take the 'social media is my life' crowd with them, that would be great.

Bravotyler

« Reply #3145 on: November 17, 2017, 11:30:42 AM »
Every time a game gaf likes bombs they just say "they didn't market it!" as a reflex excuse. Wolfenstein II got plenty of marketing, I guess they're just in shock that the tweets taking jabs at Trump/alt-right (far from a niche market) didn't compel millions of people to drop $60 on something.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3146 on: November 17, 2017, 11:38:06 AM »
Is wolfenstein even a good game? Any of you play it? all i've ever heard about it is some twitter controversy stuff.

blaze

« Reply #3147 on: November 17, 2017, 11:45:50 AM »
The first game was very good. Enjoyable single player campaign, little to no fluff and a surprisingly good story. World building was excellent. Worth playing. Second seems to be very similar.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3148 on: November 17, 2017, 11:48:44 AM »
Wolfenstein 2 is great. Story and characters are fantastic. Combat is challenging. It's damn good.
nat

kingv

« Reply #3149 on: November 17, 2017, 11:53:55 AM »
I think it’s good but not great. Doom 2016 is, IMO, quite a bit better. It does have some cool set pieces though. One you are in a building that is being elevated in the sky, but it starts getting dropped and the whole map shifts around you. It’s pretty cool.

Overall, It’s about as good as the last Wolfenstein game. I don’t think it’s the type of game that’s designed to blow the doors off in sales.

It also only had 2 days of sales in the charts.

Overall, Shadow of War didn’t deserve its spot. It’s about as by the numbers of a sequel as is possible. I didn’t hate it but nor did I love it. It’s very much like playing the first game.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3150 on: November 17, 2017, 11:56:12 AM »
Doom is definitely a better game, no doubt.
nat

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3151 on: November 17, 2017, 12:01:24 PM »
Just checked and I actually own Wolfenstein the first order, should probably play it after im done binging on Punisher.

venereology

« Reply #3152 on: November 17, 2017, 12:01:35 PM »
Wolfenstein 2 is great. Story and characters are fantastic. Combat is challenging. It's damn good.

both of these are true. but yeah you certainly can't blame marketing budget on wolf not selling well. but i'd also wager you can't blame the alt-right with a straight face either.

blaze

« Reply #3153 on: November 17, 2017, 12:18:52 PM »
I’m bad at first person shooters so I didn’t love the doom demo. I’ll go back to it one days

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3154 on: November 17, 2017, 12:20:15 PM »
Wolfenstein TNO is great, Wolfenstein II is half great.

It's two games in one. After a great intro it starts out as a bizarre political commentary and you will find some of the weirdest shit you've ever in games.
At some point a Ginger Scotsman is called out as a WHITE FASCIST PIG by another polygon form. It was quite something.  :doge

Halfway through it seems like someone said: "Enough of this shit, let's kill some Nazi's" and it actually turns good.
However they cut a whole bunch of gameplay mechanics and simplified some things.
It has some moments that are better than the first game but overall the first game was a more complete and balanced package.
🤴

FStop7

« Reply #3155 on: November 17, 2017, 12:52:19 PM »
Is wolfenstein even a good game? Any of you play it? all i've ever heard about it is some twitter controversy stuff.

No.  The shooting sucks and the story is stupid.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3156 on: November 17, 2017, 01:01:51 PM »
Duckroll was quick to hit that report button  :doge
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-second-letter-to-resettlers-or-but-the-future-refused-to-change.6684/page-3#post-1082867

Explaining how opinions vary and you might not like everyone is enough to get you warned apparently.

In the spirit of togetherness soon Tyler will be welcomed through the gates /sarcasm
🤴

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3157 on: November 17, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »
I think it’s good but not great. Doom 2016 is, IMO, quite a bit better. It does have some cool set pieces though. One you are in a building that is being elevated in the sky, but it starts getting dropped and the whole map shifts around you. It’s pretty cool.

Overall, It’s about as good as the last Wolfenstein game. I don’t think it’s the type of game that’s designed to blow the doors off in sales.

I'd say it's better if only for the absolutely bonkers story. That and it isn't plagued by the terrible end boss of TNO :maf

Nola

« Reply #3158 on: November 17, 2017, 01:09:44 PM »

both of these are true. but yeah you certainly can't blame marketing budget on wolf not selling well. but i'd also wager you can't blame the alt-right with a straight face either.

I'm sure someone can try and sell it to me, but I just never understood why publishers don't spread their releases out more. Or why a company would be shocked their game under-performed when you release at the tail end of the busiest two months in gaming.

I would of bought Wolfenstein had several other games not came out within weeks of Wolfenstein. I already play a lot less than I used to so I am just backlogging Wolfenstein til I can get it on Steam sale or something. Some of the luke warm reviews aren't helping either.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3159 on: November 17, 2017, 01:30:07 PM »

I'm sure someone can try and sell it to me, but I just never understood why publishers don't spread their releases out more. Or why a company would be shocked their game under-performed when you release at the tail end of the busiest two months in gaming.

I would of bought Wolfenstein had several other games not came out within weeks of Wolfenstein. I already play a lot less than I used to so I am just backlogging Wolfenstein til I can get it on Steam sale or something. Some of the luke warm reviews aren't helping either.

I feel like you nailed it. It's a good game, but a better release timing could have given it a chance for more sales. Release it in September or August!
rub

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #3160 on: November 17, 2017, 01:37:52 PM »
Every time a game gaf likes bombs they just say "they didn't market it!" as a reflex excuse. Wolfenstein II got plenty of marketing, I guess they're just in shock that the tweets taking jabs at Trump/alt-right (far from a niche market) didn't compel millions of people to drop $60 on something.

And maybe gamers weren't that excited that the marketing dumbfucks are exploiting a fucked up political situation for sales. Shocking that their classy technique didn't pan out.

venereology

« Reply #3161 on: November 17, 2017, 01:45:36 PM »
that's cute if you think most "gamers" actually put that much thought into anything

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3162 on: November 17, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
Wolfenstein has sold about 200k on Steam, so it's probably doing okay.
dog

Optimus

« Reply #3163 on: November 17, 2017, 02:08:18 PM »
that's cute if you think most "gamers" actually put that much thought into anything

I'm analyzing a thought process that only happens subconsciously in most people's minds, marketing afterall is mostly about subconsciously influencing consumers.  Obviously their divisive marketing campaign didn't work as well as they hoped.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3164 on: November 17, 2017, 02:23:08 PM »

I'm analyzing a thought process that only happens subconsciously in most people's minds, marketing afterall is mostly about subconsciously influencing consumers.  Obviously their divisive marketing campaign didn't work as well as they hoped.

"Divisive"

agrajag

« Reply #3165 on: November 17, 2017, 02:28:09 PM »
These gross divisive marketing campaigns trying to create a rift between us and the nazis

counterhit

« Reply #3166 on: November 17, 2017, 02:31:09 PM »
Wolfenstein would've sold better if Bethesda had put boots on the ground in the rust belt and not just call Nazis bad on twitter all day.

Optimus

« Reply #3167 on: November 17, 2017, 02:38:27 PM »
These gross divisive marketing campaigns trying to create a rift between us and the nazis

Except that they definitely made comparisons to our current political system and they definitely didn't target just nazis. And in case you want to tell me that that's only what they were really talking about then they're not very bright, are they? Because they should have predicted that other groups being called nazis that are definitely not nazis would think they're targeting them with this marketing campaign.

In fact I'd even call it disingenuous on your part to act as if the specific marketing campaign is only targeting nazis.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:44:59 PM by Optimus »

Boredfrom

« Reply #3168 on: November 17, 2017, 02:42:22 PM »
If I need to guess, it probably more to do with how mismanaged Bethesda marketing team seems to be these days than the overall theme of the marketing of wolfestein. Not mention that this season there is a lot of great games competing. I, personally, prefer to pay full price for Mario Odyssey than Wolf NC, probably doesn't help that Bethesda games have price drops.

Except that they definitely made comparisons to our current political system and they definitely didn't target just nazis.

That tends to happen when the president says that "there is fine people" in a nazi protest.

Optimus

« Reply #3169 on: November 17, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »

Except that they definitely made comparisons to our current political system and they definitely didn't target just nazis.

That tends to happen when the president says that "there is fine people" in a nazi protest.

So you agree then that the marketing campaign is divisive. Like it or not that fucking idiot has a lot of supporters and is definitely not a Nazi. His political persona is that of an ignorant racist blowhard that shitposts on twitter like a 14 year old boy, but yeah, not a nazi.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3170 on: November 17, 2017, 02:59:49 PM »

So you agree then that the marketing campaign is divisive. Like it or not that fucking idiot has a lot of supporters and is definitely not a Nazi. His political persona is that of an ignorant racist blowhard that shitposts on twitter like a 14 year old boy, but yeah, not a nazi.

He may not be Nazi but he is content with getting supported Ted Danson. If he prefers to appease his supporters over act like a empathic person, then I cannot blame people for callin him a Nazi.  Last time I checked, the whole Charletsonville response was considered a big political misstep.

(lol Ted Danson auto edit)

FStop7

« Reply #3171 on: November 17, 2017, 03:03:49 PM »
Wolf 2 opens with

a flashback of your father "forcing" you to shoot your own dog as some kind of twisted character building exercise
[close]

It's edgelord poop.

Optimus

« Reply #3172 on: November 17, 2017, 03:18:20 PM »

He may not be Nazi but he is content with getting supported Ted Danson. If he prefers to appease his supporters over act like a empathic person, then I cannot blame people for callin him a Nazi.  Last time I checked, the whole Charletsonville response was considered a big political misstep.

(lol Ted Danson auto edit)

He wants the vote of the far-right which makes him an amoral piece of shit, still not a Nazi though. His supporters also range from contrarians who are sick of SJ W nonsense, people who (rightfully) hate trade agreements and desperate middle class whites to, well, actual fucking nazis. Putting them all in the same category as "nazis" is dumb, extremely dangerous and short-sighted, just like this marketing campaign.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3173 on: November 17, 2017, 03:22:23 PM »
wow theres actually people discussing whether Wolf or doom is better

Lul

Doom, no question
fat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3174 on: November 17, 2017, 03:23:57 PM »
wow theres actually people discussing whether Wolf or doom is better

Lul

Doom, no question

dont think there's any actual discussion bout that. we're all pretty in agreement that Doom is better. Wolf2 is still pretty great tho.
nat

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3175 on: November 17, 2017, 03:25:32 PM »
I find it fascinating when people think alienating a core group of your audience will get you sales.  :doge

When were the majority of shooter fans not white dudes? Half of them are probably from middle America  :lol
Reminds me of this whole NFL debacle. There's a crap ton of Trump voters that are NFL fans, i'd even say most NFL ticket holders are probably Trump voters . Why is this completely ignored?

Boredfrom

« Reply #3176 on: November 17, 2017, 03:30:38 PM »
I dislike SJ Ws but I didn't went to overly defend Donald Trump. Thought it probably has more to do with me be a Mexican. I can respect people voting for Trump for most reasons you posted above, but at this point is becoming increasingly silly to watch people defending all his bullshit. Unless you subscribe to the idea that all gamers anti SJ W are Trump supporters, most gaming population will care less about the marketing being opportunistic of the political climate, and this probably has more to do with being yet another fumble from Bethesda in marketing a single player game in the last two years.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #3177 on: November 17, 2017, 03:30:43 PM »
They're ignored because Fuck Trump Voters. If they're too deluded into thinking Anti-Nazi, Anti-Fascist, and Anti-White Nationalist content is divisive or targeted against them then they need to look at their own lives a bit.
nat

Boredfrom

« Reply #3178 on: November 17, 2017, 03:33:11 PM »
I find it fascinating when people think alienating a core group of your audience will get you sales.  :doge

When were the majority of shooter fans not white dudes?

Since when is that the white shooter fan has problems in killing Nazis?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3179 on: November 17, 2017, 03:40:50 PM »

When were the majority of shooter fans not white dudes?

Since when is that the white shooter fan has problems in killing Nazis?
Never, but the marketing was pretty shit. That one line with the whole "you're a white guy" or whatever it was.

They're ignored because Fuck Trump Voters. If they're too deluded into thinking Anti-Nazi, Anti-Fascist, and Anti-White Nationalist content is divisive or targeted against them then they need to look at their own lives a bit.
Not what i meant. I meant why doesn't the media acknowledge the truth of the matter. The backlash is hardly to do with the "disrespecting the troops" and more to do with the fact that most fans don't give a flying fuck about Kalin Kapernick and whatever he has to say.

Same with this Roger Moore situation. The media is trying to guilt trip potential voters into not voting for him. They shouldn't have to be guilt tripped into it. There's a disconnect. These people DON'T GIVE A FUCK. Until you understand why they have such a huge distaste for democrats, or how they're manipulated into having an unjust opinion of the other side you'll never win them over.