Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2147426 times)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3000 on: November 16, 2017, 02:11:01 PM »
This Al Franken stuff is all a big nothingburger.

If this allegation came out 2 years ago, no one would even give it much press. But because of the current atmosphere with recent allegations, it's given a different weight.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3001 on: November 16, 2017, 02:15:50 PM »
I think if there was sexual assault going on, Franken wouldn’t want a photographer around. Do you think Franken did the sexual assaulting then called in the photographer to document the occasion with a shitty joke photo? Or do you think he did the photo and then had the photographer leave the room and do the sexual assaulting? Whether there was pre or post photo groping or none at all, she uses this photo as primary evidence that she was groped when it absolutely proves nothing aside from Franken being shitty at funniness. It proves she has an issue with exaggerating, possibly with honesty.

I don't completely disagree with you in the sense that I wouldn't necessarily consider the photo grounds for resignation; however, where you see the photo calling the character of the alleged victim into question, I see the photo calling the character of Franken into question, since he is the one joking about sexual assault and using a sleeping soldier as his prop.

What the photo says about Franken is that he makes shitty, immature jokes. Something we already knew. I don’t think there’s a correlation between shitty jokes and real sexual assault. (Although, give that a few weeks, the way things are going...)

What her interpretation to the photo says is that she is prone to exaggerating or dishonest (I’d guess the former), neither of which helps her other, more damaging claim.

Anyway, Franken worked on SNL for like 15 years and this is the worst thing that’s come out about him? He must be the most boring man alive.
Honest question, do you find the fact that she is unconscious in that photo bothersome? Because for me it takes that situation from a 2 to a 8 on the "Creepy Raper" scale.

I mean, the whole photo and joke is shitty, but her being asleep isn’t a factor. That’s typically when you take these types of joke photos. At least she didn’t wake up with a dick drawn on her face.

Now please, stop making me cape for pre-good Al Franken.
serge

Clockwork5

« Reply #3002 on: November 16, 2017, 02:22:46 PM »
I mean, the whole photo and joke is shitty, but her being asleep isn’t a factor. That’s typically when you take these types of joke photos. At least she didn’t wake up with a dick drawn on her face.

Now please, stop making me cape for pre-good Al Franken.

I guess. Maybe my knee jerk reaction of "Resign Bitch!" was a bit much... maybe. But he will be under a microscope from here on out and if nothing else comes to light, fine. At this point though, he is one misstep away from being exiled from the progressive movement.

If only Amirox had used the "It was only a picture" defense.

:letsfukk

Clockwork5

Clockwork5

« Reply #3004 on: November 16, 2017, 02:55:23 PM »
Now its Sly.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/report-sylvester-stallone-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-teen-in-1986.6529

What a day.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry for the triple post. Im starting to feel like Benji
[close]

Rocky

« Reply #3005 on: November 16, 2017, 03:18:33 PM »
Now its Sly.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/report-sylvester-stallone-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-teen-in-1986.6529

What a day.

Sorry for the triple post. Im starting to feel like Benji
[close]

Doesn't say she was forced into it though.  It says she was handed the keys.  She could have said no.

agrajag

« Reply #3006 on: November 16, 2017, 03:20:20 PM »
She was forced to have sex with the bodyguard it says.

altright

« Reply #3007 on: November 16, 2017, 03:20:31 PM »
I think if there was sexual assault going on, Franken wouldn’t want a photographer around. Do you think Franken did the sexual assaulting then called in the photographer to document the occasion with a shitty joke photo? Or do you think he did the photo and then had the photographer leave the room and do the sexual assaulting? Whether there was pre or post photo groping or none at all, she uses this photo as primary evidence that she was groped when it absolutely proves nothing aside from Franken being shitty at funniness. It proves she has an issue with exaggerating, possibly with honesty.

I don't completely disagree with you in the sense that I wouldn't necessarily consider the photo grounds for resignation; however, where you see the photo calling the character of the alleged victim into question, I see the photo calling the character of Franken into question, since he is the one joking about sexual assault and using a sleeping soldier as his prop.

What the photo says about Franken is that he makes shitty, immature jokes. Something we already knew. I don’t think there’s a correlation between shitty jokes and real sexual assault. (Although, give that a few weeks, the way things are going...)

What her interpretation to the photo says is that she is prone to exaggerating or dishonest (I’d guess the former), neither of which helps her other, more damaging claim.

Anyway, Franken worked on SNL for like 15 years and this is the worst thing that’s come out about him? He must be the most boring man alive.

Franken is a massive asshole who I just agree with politically. I don't think the people who have worked with him on SNL that like him are a majority.

Lol at the Eli Roth thread. Fucking Jordan Peele is the best horror director with black stepford wives about microaggressions by white liberals. No one will care about this movie in a few years.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:25:17 PM by altright »

Rocky

« Reply #3008 on: November 16, 2017, 03:25:06 PM »

Yeah, but it sounds like she went willingly with Stallone.  Sounds like she was pretending to be older than she was and got more than she bargained for.  It was 80s Vegas after all. 

ModernBoxes

« Reply #3009 on: November 16, 2017, 03:25:40 PM »
Weinstein had a whole treasure trove just waiting to be accused to unleash.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #3010 on: November 16, 2017, 03:26:19 PM »
Some furry PMed me, telling me how nice my avatar is on Reset. Considering reporting for harassment and unwanted sexual advances. 

TVC15

« Reply #3011 on: November 16, 2017, 03:27:41 PM »

Yeah, but it sounds like she went willingly with Stallone.  Sounds like she was pretending to be older than she was and got more than she bargained for.  It was 80s Vegas after all. 

She was forced to give Stallone head when the bodyguard came in

De Luca then entered the bedroom and the victim was forced into giving both men oral sex, the report reads. De Luca also had vaginal sex with her, the victim said.

Following the alleged sexual assault, the victim said Stallone threatened her to keep quiet about the incident. He told her that if she said anything, they would have to “beat her head in,” the Daily Mail reports.

Ouch at the last part.
serge

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3012 on: November 16, 2017, 03:36:11 PM »
Could have just bought some hookers or something, it's not like Vegas has no supply. That's essentially the damning part of these allegations to me, these celebrities had money and fame for people to form a line for them yet they still chose to do these things.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3013 on: November 16, 2017, 03:39:16 PM »
Franken was an Air America host at the time of this, not even an active politician let alone a sitting Senator.

The accuser is also a former Hannity panel member.

AND OF FILIPINO DESCENT.

Case closed.

Rocky

« Reply #3014 on: November 16, 2017, 03:40:12 PM »

She was forced to give Stallone head when the bodyguard came in

De Luca then entered the bedroom and the victim was forced into giving both men oral sex, the report reads. De Luca also had vaginal sex with her, the victim said.

Following the alleged sexual assault, the victim said Stallone threatened her to keep quiet about the incident. He told her that if she said anything, they would have to “beat her head in,” the Daily Mail reports.

Ouch at the last part.

Yeah, but it says first she had sex with Stallone and it didn't sound forced. 

It happened almost 40 years ago just like most of these allegations now coming out.  Kinda convenient since it will probably be harder to get any evidence otherwise.  I'd bet money most of these "victims" are just looking for a quick payout and not feeling harassed at all.

Clockwork5

« Reply #3015 on: November 16, 2017, 03:40:41 PM »
one interesting thing from this story is there is no mention that the victim came forward about this recently.

I wonder if news sources are just digging through the police records of the past 50 years looking for celebrities.  I mean, i can't blame them if they are.

Yeah, but it says first she had sex with Stallone and it didn't sound forced. 

It happened almost 40 years ago just like most of these allegations now coming out.  Kinda convenient since it will probably be harder to get any evidence otherwise.  I'd bet money most of these "victims" are just looking for a quick payout and not feeling harassed at all.
I don't think that is the case here.  Im not even sure if anyone knows who she is.

TVC15

« Reply #3016 on: November 16, 2017, 03:41:19 PM »
Neither of the men climaxed but the teen said Stallone asked her if she 'wanted to see come' and then he ejaculated in front of her, the report said.

serge

Rocky

« Reply #3017 on: November 16, 2017, 03:43:05 PM »
one interesting thing from this story is there is no mention that the victim came forward about this recently.

I wonder if news sources are just digging through the police records of the past 50 years looking for celebrities.  I mean, i can't blame them if they are.

Yeah, it does mention a police report.  But not whether it was filed back then or recently.

TVC15

« Reply #3018 on: November 16, 2017, 03:45:15 PM »
The biggest WTF is why did Stallone need a bodyguard? He was a man-monster.
serge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3019 on: November 16, 2017, 03:48:08 PM »
who wouldnt want to watch their bro give a young succulent female the hot snausage? shits hot man
fat

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #3020 on: November 16, 2017, 03:48:18 PM »
It happened almost 40 years ago just like most of these allegations now coming out.

TVC15

« Reply #3021 on: November 16, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »
Stallone, if you’re reading this, I can make you cum.

...what do you think his dick looks like after like decades of steroid abuse? Demi, this is likely a fit body with one of those tiny 400 pound man dicks you love.
serge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3022 on: November 16, 2017, 04:04:31 PM »
:kobeyuck

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3023 on: November 16, 2017, 04:23:11 PM »
"Ethnostate" is the word of the week on Era.
ὕβρις

« Reply #3024 on: November 16, 2017, 04:27:08 PM »
Hey look, mod sanctioned character design shitposting.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-2-preview-embargo-up-impressions.6229/

Morrigan said: ↑
Character designs are part of a game's content and are fair game to discuss and criticize.

If you don't care about that -- fine. You don't have to engage with posts that criticize the character designs. You can even use the ignore feature to this effect. But you don't get to try to stifle discussion or criticism by whining that "it's tiresome". Maybe the critics find your dismissals tiresome, too. Maybe they think it's tiresome to be called "trolls" or "children" for daring to criticize the rampant sexualization in a genre they otherwise enjoy. Maybe the mods find your backseat modding about what belongs in a thread and what doesn't tiresome, too. Think about that.

Furthermore, nothing stops you from talking about gameplay, graphics, music, or whatever. Since this thread is about general impressions of the game (and not, say, strictly about the music, or combat), any aspect of game content is fair game.

Discuss the game, any part of the game, and stop insulting each other. Thank you, carry on.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #3025 on: November 16, 2017, 04:30:42 PM »
How tiresome
que

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3026 on: November 16, 2017, 04:32:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1027530

Oh Patrick dear summer child. With this crowd, you have to be a perfect 10 on every occasion.

:drudge  :nsfw :drudge

[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #3027 on: November 16, 2017, 04:39:51 PM »
How tiresome
Maybe the critics find your dismissals tiresome, too. Maybe they think it's tiresome to be called "trolls" or "children" for daring to criticize the rampant sexualization in a genre they otherwise enjoy. Maybe the mods find your backseat modding about what belongs in a thread and what doesn't tiresome, too. Think about that.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #3028 on: November 16, 2017, 04:58:40 PM »
The biggest WTF is why did Stallone need a bodyguard? He was a man-monster.

He said because everyone thought he was Rocky or Rambo every jock would want to wrastle him to prove they were just as tough.
sigh

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3029 on: November 16, 2017, 05:23:53 PM »
Not to sound crazyyy here but that PM wasn't too far off. :dayum

In terms of America the LGBT community have 'come up' a lot faster. WAY faster. Why? Dave Chapelle even made a joke about it , saying the LGBT community made so much headway that they need to chill before they face a serious backlash.

good god you're dumb

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3030 on: November 16, 2017, 05:23:55 PM »
The Al Franken defense force has been called to action.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1037634/
Come on. The guy was a fucking comedian, he took a stupid gag photo which was very common at the time. Does he really need to be burned at the cross? This shit is getting out of hand. Chris Rock's joke is going to hit fucking HARD when people do actually stop hiring women to do anything  :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #3031 on: November 16, 2017, 05:26:03 PM »
Hey look, mod sanctioned character design shitposting.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-2-preview-embargo-up-impressions.6229/

Morrigan said: ↑
Character designs are part of a game's content and are fair game to discuss and criticize.

If you don't care about that -- fine. You don't have to engage with posts that criticize the character designs. You can even use the ignore feature to this effect. But you don't get to try to stifle discussion or criticism by whining that "it's tiresome". Maybe the critics find your dismissals tiresome, too. Maybe they think it's tiresome to be called "trolls" or "children" for daring to criticize the rampant sexualization in a genre they otherwise enjoy. Maybe the mods find your backseat modding about what belongs in a thread and what doesn't tiresome, too. Think about that.

Furthermore, nothing stops you from talking about gameplay, graphics, music, or whatever. Since this thread is about general impressions of the game (and not, say, strictly about the music, or combat), any aspect of game content is fair game.

Discuss the game, any part of the game, and stop insulting each other. Thank you, carry on.

Kind of telling that she used "trolls and children" given how much she derailed threads in Gaf. Didn't she and another member of the resetera staff were complaining about the South Park game in the review thread while admitting no intention to buy it?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3032 on: November 16, 2017, 05:33:33 PM »

In terms of America the LGBT community have 'come up' a lot faster. WAY faster. Why? Dave Chapelle even made a joke about it , saying the LGBT community made so much headway that they need to chill before they face a serious backlash.

good god you're dumb

Holy shit I actually read some of the shit you wrote after this and I have to correct myself. You're actually really really fucking dumb, like, it takes skill to be noticeably stupid in this thread, but you did it homie. Stop PMing Himu on reset you idiot

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3033 on: November 16, 2017, 05:37:32 PM »

good god you're dumb

Holy shit I actually read some of the shit you wrote after this and I have to correct myself. You're actually really really fucking dumb, like, it takes skill to be noticeably stupid in this thread, but you did it homie. Stop PMing Himu on reset you idiot
If you didn't grasp that i was only speaking to certain parts of that guy's crazy ramble then you can't read.

Did you just got off work? did someone grope you? Cool down little guy. Drink a beer.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3034 on: November 16, 2017, 05:41:46 PM »
In terms of America the LGBT community have 'come up' a lot faster. WAY faster.

LMAO. Speaking as a ghey: No. Please learn your history before you say stupid shit like that.

Spoiler: Just because we're able to get SkeletorGHEY.gif married doesn't mean there's not other issues that America/et. al. have problems with. Spoiler: I can still be fired if I openly state I'm gay in my state. So fuck you if you think "you've got it better because you're gay, not like us darkies!" is a valid thought. It's a total "what about"ism.

Basically, every minority has issues in all nations of the world and to step on one because "you have it better" (which isn't even true) is dumb Seagrams is right.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #3035 on: November 16, 2017, 05:46:34 PM »

LMAO. Speaking as a ghey: No. Please learn your history before you say stupid shit like that.

Spoiler: Just because we're able to get SkeletorGHEY.gif married doesn't mean there's not other issues that America/et. al. have problems with. Spoiler: I can still be fired if I openly state I'm gay in my state. So fuck you if you think "you've got it better because you're gay, not like us darkies!" is a valid thought. It's a total "what about"ism.

Basically, every minority has issues in all nations of the world and to step on one because "you have it better" (which isn't even true) is dumb Seagrams is right.

Main reason why the "Progressive Stack" is a HUGE amount of horse shit.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3037 on: November 16, 2017, 05:47:38 PM »

I'm sure there's a lot of black people that would argue otherwise, especially lately when you have Bruce Jenner run someone over and then shortly after be receiving a standing ovation just for growing tits   :rofl :rofl :rofl

But i don't care to argue it because i'm not a resetgaffer and i don't actually give a fuck. You offended by that? Again, i don't give a fuck.  :teehee

TVC15

« Reply #3038 on: November 16, 2017, 05:50:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pee-stream-splitting-into-multiple-parts.6534/#post-1046344

What an asshole. Before I got to the last line, I was having visions of Exodust fucking me and pulling out and jizzing a load of cum with tangled up daddy long legs in it into my face and mouf.
serge

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #3039 on: November 16, 2017, 05:50:34 PM »
Could have just bought some hookers or something, it's not like Vegas has no supply. That's essentially the damning part of these allegations to me, these celebrities had money and fame for people to form a line for them yet they still chose to do these things.

A lot of the "appeal" to the perpetrators of sexual assault is the power aspect.  Bill Cosby was the number 1 TV star and comedian, not to mention a multi millionaire from endorsements.  He was a regular guest at the Playboy mansion and could have consentually fucked any number of women.  But it wasn't about getting his nut off, it was about treating the women like shit and having them being unable to do anything about it.

BTW I'm sure Cosby also did similar shit to pros in Vegas.  It's just that most of them are afraid to speak up when your average john does shady shit, much less a big celebrity. ]

etiolate

« Reply #3040 on: November 16, 2017, 05:51:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pee-stream-splitting-into-multiple-parts.6534/#post-1046344

What an asshole. Before I got to the last line, I was having visions of Exodust fucking me and pulling out and jizzing a load of cum with tangled up daddy long legs in it into my face and mouf.

If it makes you feel any better, other posters are recommending he stick a q-tip up his urethra.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #3041 on: November 16, 2017, 05:57:02 PM »
Got my first warning at Resetera  :goldberg
Drunk

TVC15

« Reply #3042 on: November 16, 2017, 06:04:10 PM »
Found this while looking for a sounding rod to recommend that dude.

http://a.co/ekOZbkA

The unexplored rainforests of the Amazon basin are full of species unknown to science. Unfortunately for young biologist Jonah, one of those species is intent on making itself known to him, whether he wants it to or not. Half fish, half man, it only has one thing on its mind...

This 3,700 word story contains explicit scenes involving urethral play, sounding, and one very insistent shifter.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:08:33 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3043 on: November 16, 2017, 06:32:48 PM »

good god you're dumb

If you didn't grasp that i was only speaking to certain parts of that guy's crazy ramble then you can't read.

Did you just got off work? did someone grope you? Cool down little guy. Drink a beer.

lol you suck @ this. you suck in general prolly tho

CurseoftheGods

• just hanging around, being shitty
« Reply #3044 on: November 16, 2017, 06:35:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1027530

Oh Patrick dear summer child. With this crowd, you have to be a perfect 10 on every occasion.

(Image removed from quote.)

:drudge  :nsfw :drudge

[close]

was this posted on resetera?

FStop7

« Reply #3045 on: November 16, 2017, 06:41:15 PM »

Come on. The guy was a fucking comedian, he took a stupid gag photo which was very common at the time. Does he really need to be burned at the cross? This shit is getting out of hand. Chris Rock's joke is going to hit fucking HARD when people do actually stop hiring women to do anything  :doge

Bro, he stuck his tongue in her mouth while she was asleep.

Edit: I must have misheard about the kiss, apparently it was a separate thing from the sleeping photo. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:08:14 PM by FStop7 »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #3046 on: November 16, 2017, 06:47:16 PM »

Bro, he stuck his tongue in her mouth while she was asleep.

I thought that was while she was rehearsing with him for a skit (where they were supposed to kiss)? He pretended to grab her boobs while she was asleep.

Trurl

« Reply #3047 on: November 16, 2017, 06:58:22 PM »
I thought he just took that picture while she was asleep and that the kiss happened during a rehearsal.

My instinct is to think that both people are being honest with their memories of the kiss.  I certainly don't want to kiss Al Franken and could see my memory of it getting worse with time.  On the other hand if you're Franken and you do something horrible like that I can see your memory drifting to make the kiss less of a big deal.

And of course the whole premise of the bit sounds really shitty.  Many male comedians ogle beautiful women for laughs and it always strikes me as gross.  For example I love Conan but he always makes me cringe when he hits on his guests.

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #3048 on: November 16, 2017, 07:10:58 PM »

Gross.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #3049 on: November 16, 2017, 07:20:16 PM »

:confused

what did he mean by this

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3050 on: November 16, 2017, 07:23:27 PM »

A lot of the "appeal" to the perpetrators of sexual assault is the power aspect.  Bill Cosby was the number 1 TV star and comedian, not to mention a multi millionaire from endorsements.  He was a regular guest at the Playboy mansion and could have consentually fucked any number of women.  But it wasn't about getting his nut off, it was about treating the women like shit and having them being unable to do anything about it.

BTW I'm sure Cosby also did similar shit to pros in Vegas.  It's just that most of them are afraid to speak up when your average john does shady shit, much less a big celebrity. ]

Power is a good explanation, but this was also a much more sex-negative era when Paul Reubens was shunned and ruined his career for jacking it in a porn theater.  Stallone was probably followed by fans and media everywhere and could've ruined his rep too if he was seen picking up a call girl.  Maybe easier to just convince one of those fans to come up to the hotel room and tell them to keep quiet.

Also when I looked up Reubens on wikipedia

Bill Cosby defended Reubens, saying, "Whatever [Reubens has] done, this is being blown all out of proportion."
Uncle

FStop7

« Reply #3051 on: November 16, 2017, 07:24:53 PM »

what did he mean by this

The suicide of Zack Snyder's daughter, I guess?  Seems like a reach.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #3052 on: November 16, 2017, 07:27:24 PM »

what did he mean by this

never heard about that but I guess that makes sense

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #3053 on: November 16, 2017, 07:29:34 PM »
what you people aren't realizing is that due to the rise of the marginalized groups means that the earnest nature of all things to be considered in having to do with the circumstances of the reality in which we occupy is that the thing is that most people are in their own bubble of thoughts and prejudices and that is due to the government related facilities producing operations and the like a finger pointing at the moon is not the moon but a signpost and that is the thing that is happening in this is that people mistake the finger for the moon because of the situation presented to them by the glow in the dark governmental agencies brought forth from despair to rid the world of problematic nations but turned around to deal with problematic citizens and in doing so cause the realization that these are all machinations of a state apparatus to crush any and all opposition to their goal which is the takeover and subjugation of the entire world and the people that inhabit it regardless of race, colour, or creed.

:doge
[close]

Himu

« Reply #3054 on: November 16, 2017, 07:41:04 PM »

That isn't good enough for them.

They argue that you can see a skin color, that you can hide being lgbt. Except this ignores that being forced hide who you are is definition one of oppression and that there's trans people out there who get clocked regularly and deal with heavy shit on the regular. It's just bullshit.

"LGBT rights have progressed faster than race rights"

Meanwhile, here in reality land.

40% of Homeless Youth Are LGBT in America.

In many states you can lose your job for being LGBT.

And I'm skipping out on Thanksgiving and Christmas this year just like other lgbt people do during this time because my family is not accepting. I've lost my family but I can get married.

I'm so privileged.

What do I do with all these privileges?!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 08:15:24 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3055 on: November 16, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »
I feel like if you had to rank LGBT in order of opression, it'd be TGLB.

parallax

« Reply #3056 on: November 16, 2017, 08:33:20 PM »
Christ on a cracker at that PM. And folks wonder why I'm leery toward blacks. :doge

not really.

benjipwns

« Reply #3057 on: November 16, 2017, 08:34:19 PM »
I feel like if you had to rank LGBT in order of opression, it'd be TGLB.
wow at all the groups you didn't even think were human enough to rank their relative oppression

MangoMadness

« Reply #3058 on: November 16, 2017, 08:34:56 PM »
The thing is that societal norms have changed so much in the past few years that you could find something damming from the past of almost any public figure.

That's what I was trying to say.  Franken's behavior would've been looked at as "lol he was a comedian you prude" just a decade ago.  Just two decades ago, the president of the United States slept with a young intern, and the intern was the one who got the most vitriol and shaming, while the president was largely viewed by pop culture as a lovable horndog.

Perhaps the lack of privacy that Gen Z is growing up with will force them to live up to high standards right from the jump.  But all the previous generations have grown up with the idea that you need to be a bastard sometimes to get ahead in life.  I'm not excusing it, and I'm glad that #MeToo is making such a clear statement that predatory behavior is no longer acceptable.  I've never been okay with that kind of behavior.  But the culture largely was okay with it, and even encouraged it by making sexual domination such a core facet of masculinity.

Jansen

« Reply #3059 on: November 16, 2017, 08:35:25 PM »

what did he mean by this

I honestly don't blame the mods for banning on that comment especially since he was canis lupus on gaf.

https://archive.fo/v1znq