Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174685 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3180 on: November 17, 2017, 03:44:42 PM »
Why the fuck is punching nazis alienating a large portion of any audience?

Doesn't that group of people claim that they aren't nazis?

Strange.

:lawd

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #3181 on: November 17, 2017, 03:59:57 PM »
They're ignored because Fuck Trump Voters. If they're too deluded into thinking Anti-Nazi, Anti-Fascist, and Anti-White Nationalist content is divisive or targeted against them then they need to look at their own lives a bit.

Yes, the slogan Make America Nazi-free again, just SCREAMS it has nothing to do with Trump and his supporters. Please people, stop pretending the campaign wasn't trying to stir up shit.

Optimus

« Reply #3182 on: November 17, 2017, 04:06:02 PM »
I dislike SJ Ws but I didn't went to overly defend Donald Trump. Thought it probably has more to do with me be a Mexican.

Or it might have something to do with you being a logical person. Not all people who dislike SJ Ws were dumb enough to support Trump just to spite them.

Unless you subscribe to the idea that all gamers anti SJ W are Trump supporters, most gaming population will care less about the marketing being opportunistic of the political climate, and this probably has more to do with being yet another fumble from Bethesda in marketing a single player game in the last two years.

While I don't think most gamers are Trump supporters I do think that most gamers are sick and tired of being preached at about politics by holier than thou assholes. You don't have to be a Trump supporter to think that the particular marketing campaign was obnoxious.

« Reply #3183 on: November 17, 2017, 04:18:35 PM »
 :lol being shocked that communists dont buy things

Novid

« Reply #3184 on: November 17, 2017, 04:31:39 PM »
im the only dude that gets banned here and rentacenter.

shit i must be ye of the wayward souls

Optimus

« Reply #3185 on: November 17, 2017, 04:40:22 PM »
It's a game about nazis invading America; a plot that was surely decided upon well before it became an aspect of modern politics.

They then included a few relevant jokes in their ads. 

I think it was a bad idea, but I still think anyone who was annoyed or offended by this is pretty laughable.    But predictable that people would, hence bad idea.

I'm offended by the idea of exploiting our desperate and fucked up political situation to sell a fucking product.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #3186 on: November 17, 2017, 05:02:04 PM »

I gotta hear this one. Spill it bro

Boredfrom

« Reply #3187 on: November 17, 2017, 05:02:29 PM »
I dislike SJ Ws but I didn't went to overly defend Donald Trump. Thought it probably has more to do with me be a Mexican.

Or it might have something to do with you being a logical person. Not all people who dislike SJ Ws were dumb enough to support Trump just to spite them.

Unless you subscribe to the idea that all gamers anti SJ W are Trump supporters, most gaming population will care less about the marketing being opportunistic of the political climate, and this probably has more to do with being yet another fumble from Bethesda in marketing a single player game in the last two years.

While I don't think most gamers are Trump supporters I do think that most gamers are sick and tired of being preached at about politics by holier than thou assholes. You don't have to be a Trump supporter to think that the particular marketing campaign was obnoxious.

I will concede you this: the marketing campaign was obnoxious. I agree with that. But this is in par with Video game marketing and I suspect a lot of people will find easy to digest if is obnoxious against certain obnoxious president and the most toxic part of his supporters.

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #3188 on: November 17, 2017, 05:09:57 PM »
Guys:

Don't be a caricature
Be a reseteerraaa

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3189 on: November 17, 2017, 05:11:25 PM »
We must be conscious of what we contribute to, and how to counteract, one of gaming’s most infamous buzzwords: toxicity.

I ask this community to please be aware of what we’re contributing to. All of our posts are building blocks. They are energy into the zeitgeist of gaming. We shape and morph and reconfigure our forum with tens of thousands of prodding fingers every day. This place is a living and breathing beast that should not contribute to the stereotypes and commonalities that poison our hobby. Do not succumb to the temptations of old habits. Learn to let go, let incidents be isolated, and do not burden yourself or the community with the residue of acrimony.

Post about what you love and treat your fellow member with compassion.

Don’t be a caricature.

Be a Resettler.

Solidarity, 1932 by Kathe Kollwitz. (recolored Purple) Expressionism.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3190 on: November 17, 2017, 05:14:17 PM »
 :dayum

kingv

« Reply #3191 on: November 17, 2017, 05:15:48 PM »
Should have made the marketing campaign “wolfenstein II will make you it’s bitch”.

Anyway, I agree on release timing, in general. I feel like I’m those months where there are few games releasing there is always some game that gets a ton of exposure and high fives just on account of when it came out.

Like Nioh, or Nier Automata. Games that are good but would have been overshadowed in november or October.

benjipwns

« Reply #3192 on: November 17, 2017, 05:16:15 PM »
I was thinking of this recently. I strongly agree, though I also have a sense of foreboding that as member numbers go up, the early sense of respect and turning over a new leaf will be replaced in part, especially when award and announcement shows start coming up. In particular I'd love to see contentful posts talking about The Game Awards instead of short, cynical comments complaining or picking apart every detail when that show happens. I don't expect that to happen, but if it does that would be amazing.

Speaking generally, I think tribalism is perhaps the biggest harmful thing to discussion and community. I suppose it's baked into human nature. On the most extreme level, you have things like Republican voters defending even the most evil people and actions, willing to pay any price because someone is on their team. On trivial levels, you have things like "people who eat pineapple on their pizza don't deserve respect", or insults suggesting only people who eat a certain candy bar are acceptable, or the classic console wars. Some of these things are intended as jokes, but it becomes widespread and creates the same sort of atmosphere that we briefly avoided.

Here are some examples that may sound trivial and condescending, but I think would actually be beneficial to keep in mind in the coming months:
  • Some people may enjoy Battlefront 2. EA can also have anti-consumer business practices. These things are not mutually exclusive, and the people who enjoy the game do not need to be attacked.
  • Some people may enjoy [any given high profile game]. Other people may not enjoy the same game. Neither of these groups needs attacked, nor should they need to band together and defend themselves. It is OK for different people to like different things. That makes for a varied community.
  • Some people may like certain DC movie(s). Some DC movie(s) may have poor critical and/or audience consensus on average. These things are not mutually exclusive. It is OK to like different things. It is not cool to attack someone and say they should or shouldn't like a movie.
  • This applies to movies in general, but it shows up in particular with DC. It is OK to discuss DC movies. It is OK to discuss Marvel movies. It is probably not a good idea to treat any given movie on either side as an argument point for an external DC vs. Marvel competition (or Sony vs. Nintendo, or whatever other competition / tribal thing is in mind). They can exist on their own merits and demerits, and some people may even watch both.
  • On the off-topic front, some people may enjoy different pizza toppings, restaurants, food products, cooking styles, or condiments than you. These people should be allowed to live and not judged as somehow doing things wrong because another person's culinary preferences are more correct. It is not a competition.

Note that I didn't even get into stuff like Trump supporters. Racism and the neonazi movement are obviously far more serious than any of the above, yet even with such simple things like the above, we sometimes fail to treat people with respect, or jump into arguments like things are an us vs. them competition.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #3193 on: November 17, 2017, 05:17:22 PM »
man some people really need to step away from the computer and go outside once in a while
bent

benjipwns

« Reply #3194 on: November 17, 2017, 05:21:07 PM »
It's pretty beautiful this thread even exists in the first place. The fact we're even reflecting on how we engage each other on the internet. The fact we desire a civil and thoughtful community and want to strive towards that. It's not a discussion that would occur on many other forums.

benjipwns

« Reply #3195 on: November 17, 2017, 05:22:17 PM »
Guy is describing his posting on a forum as his lifesyle. Dude go 3D print some friends and get the fuck off the net for a while,
I am also a cynical person. More than cynical, miserable. Every day I wake up and write a suicide note. Then I crumple it up and eat it for breakfast because my pain is my only sustenance. I am that hardcore miserable.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #3196 on: November 17, 2017, 05:23:36 PM »
Finale Firework must be eating himself up over not being picked as a mod on ResetEra.

I also caught this gem by a former neogaf moderator.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-second-letter-to-resettlers-or-but-the-future-refused-to-change.6684/page-2#post-1080682
the gaf groupthink and flavour of the month facist modship contributed to its downfall
Thanks for calling me and my friends fascists, you fucking dimwit

Boredfrom

« Reply #3197 on: November 17, 2017, 05:24:17 PM »
We must be conscious of what we contribute to, and how to counteract, one of gaming’s most infamous buzzwords: toxicity.

I ask this community to please be aware of what we’re contributing to. All of our posts are building blocks. They are energy into the zeitgeist of gaming. We shape and morph and reconfigure our forum with tens of thousands of prodding fingers every day. This place is a living and breathing beast that should not contribute to the stereotypes and commonalities that poison our hobby. Do not succumb to the temptations of old habits. Learn to let go, let incidents be isolated, and do not burden yourself or the community with the residue of acrimony.

Post about what you love and treat your fellow member with compassion.

Don’t be a caricature.

Be a Resettler.

Solidarity, 1932 by Kathe Kollwitz. (recolored Purple) Expressionism.

There is something heartbreaking about this being mainly because
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Battlefront II Lootboxes
[close]

Like, I seriouls thought this was about Offtopic still being a cesspool or mods encouraging SJW trolling in game threads.

etiolate

« Reply #3198 on: November 17, 2017, 05:24:57 PM »
USER WAS WARNED FOR THAT POST  :drudge

etiolate

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

agrajag

« Reply #3202 on: November 17, 2017, 06:01:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-second-letter-to-resettlers-or-but-the-future-refused-to-change.6684/page-2#post-1081213

much feelings caught with that post

Suspect use of the word flourish

Duckroll tends to forget that people bought into the ideology wholesale in fascist societies as well.

Jansen

« Reply #3203 on: November 17, 2017, 06:35:20 PM »
Duckroll was an obnoxious cunt on gaf even before he was a mod. It's funny to see him try to act like a decent user.

benjipwns

« Reply #3204 on: November 17, 2017, 06:47:31 PM »
at least he has of yet not turned out to be both a fascist and a pedophile unlike other former GAF moderators

benjipwns

« Reply #3205 on: November 17, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »
does ERA condone throwing urine on fascist pedophiles? :thinking

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3206 on: November 17, 2017, 07:02:27 PM »
Pedophiles are people too, and trapped within the corrupted US justice system all because privledged adults won’t let them near their privileged children. ERA has a policy of welcoming with open arms any and all underrepresented minorities.

Unless You’re Colin Moriarty. Even if he comes out as a pedophile, he’s still not welcome.

Novid

« Reply #3207 on: November 17, 2017, 07:25:04 PM »

I gotta hear this one. Spill it bro

got banned from rentacenter for mansplainin...

benjipwns

« Reply #3208 on: November 17, 2017, 07:46:14 PM »
I don’t think it’s the type of game that’s designed to blow the doors off in sales.

It also only had 2 days of sales in the charts.
It looks like the prior game only sold around 2-2.5 million copies total.

Also, if vgchartz is to be believed (which I find is often "accurate enough" years after the fact to get a ballpark figure and will often be close to more valid sources) the prior game actually did most of its sales in Yurop except on the Xbox One. Like the Xbone version sold 53-47 Global-US. PS4 version apparently sold 70-30 Global-US, with 55% of sales being Yurop and Japan. Their probably garbage PC numbers have the same split. (Though they say only half a million PC copies were sold, Steam has 1.8 million owners of the game. So must be retail only, and definitely not the years of sales, it's been like $5 a bunch recently.)

ThePhantomBlot

« Reply #3209 on: November 17, 2017, 08:02:30 PM »
I also caught this gem by a former neogaf moderator.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-second-letter-to-resettlers-or-but-the-future-refused-to-change.6684/page-2#post-1080682
the gaf groupthink and flavour of the month facist modship contributed to its downfall
Thanks for calling me and my friends fascists, you fucking dimwit
It really needs to stop blowing my mind how tone deaf some (not all) of the ex-GAF mods seem to be in regards to how GAF handled itself these last few years. Interestingly, roboleon was warned for that post.
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Clockwork5

« Reply #3210 on: November 17, 2017, 08:21:41 PM »
LOL, still if that offends you as a Trump voter you have fucking problems.  Donald Trump claiming a rally that was literally held by white supremacists had "many fine people" should be what bothers you. 

It's Trumps fault that he is associated with Nazis, it's not JUST because he has neo-nazi supporters;  if you voted for him that should piss you off and you shouldn't be mad at the marketing.

Can you not be bothered by both? Frankly I don't give a shit about US politics. They are all crooks. However, to say someone can't be bothered by both being associated with Nazis as well as disappointed in the person they voted for is literally "us or them" SJ W bullshit to the highest degree.

benjipwns

« Reply #3211 on: November 17, 2017, 08:29:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1080870/
Quote from: Finale Fireworker
What I am really trying to say is what YOU are saying. My problem isn’t with a fun megathread of people posting memes and extreme comments like the sky is falling. I’m talking about doing so while preventing the broader problems I discuss. It is perfectly possible and reasonable to have space for both. I think that’s generally what we have right now.

The issue comes from the meltdown (and we’re starting to focus too much on the semantics of what a meltdown is, which wasn’t my intention) determining how other threads will go before they even begin. In the past, for example, we reached a point where we simply could not have a thread about anything related to Mass Effect because multiple arguments that were only tangentially related would overtake whatever the original topic was. An incident resulted in a prolific poster leaving the forum permanently.

We need to be able to contain and isolate our “meltdowns” and let other discussions carry on as normal. As our forum passes 30,000 members and over a million posts, I want to remind the burgeoning community that we all own what we post here and we all own the board. I want us to continue to be careful and conscious and keep the general vibe of the forum as positive and insightful versus negative and vitriolic. I felt the time to bring this up was just after our first big news story that would steer conversations for the foreseeable future.

Does that make more sense?
Somebody better tell Cerium.

benjipwns

« Reply #3212 on: November 17, 2017, 08:31:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1097295/
Maybe we could use a regular forum health check? I don't know what the metrics could be (qty of warning/ban vs nb of posts per period for example) but communicating to all the Reseters how their forum is going is a starting point. After all, it's hard to keep track of all the discussions and potential incidents on all threads. Maybe my memory is failing me but I remember reading a mod post at the beginning telling they were entertaining the thought of a newsletter or something like that.
Oh god, students from my old methods class post on ERA. We're going to have to go over dependent variables yet again aren't we.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3213 on: November 17, 2017, 08:36:50 PM »
LOL, still if that offends you as a Trump voter you have fucking problems.  Donald Trump claiming a rally that was literally held by white supremacists had "many fine people" should be what bothers you. 

It's Trumps fault that he is associated with Nazis, it's not JUST because he has neo-nazi supporters;  if you voted for him that should piss you off and you shouldn't be mad at the marketing.

Can you not be bothered by both? Frankly I don't give a shit about US politics. They are all crooks. However, to say someone can't be bothered by both being associated with Nazis as well as disappointed in the person they voted for is literally "us or them" SJ W bullshit to the highest degree.

They could call out the person that makes himself associated to nazis, specially since is not a celebrity or artist, but a public official.

etiolate

« Reply #3214 on: November 17, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »
All I'm saying is imagine what Reststopera could be if we just made it even more pure.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #3215 on: November 17, 2017, 09:01:43 PM »
Last night I jotted down GAF and Reset post counts.

Tonight I checked them -- in that time, GAF got 1,360 posts. Reset got 33,642.

To keep his word, Malka has 2 weeks to launch the new GAF. With those numbers, why bother?
Fish<

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3216 on: November 17, 2017, 09:07:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1097295/
Maybe we could use a regular forum health check? I don't know what the metrics could be (qty of warning/ban vs nb of posts per period for example) but communicating to all the Reseters how their forum is going is a starting point. After all, it's hard to keep track of all the discussions and potential incidents on all threads. Maybe my memory is failing me but I remember reading a mod post at the beginning telling they were entertaining the thought of a newsletter or something like that.
Oh god, students from my old methods class post on ERA. We're going to have to go over dependent variables yet again aren't we.
You missed the best part of that, which was the call for a publication highlighting infractions against the spirt of the revolution forum. A little too on the nose.
每天生气

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #3217 on: November 17, 2017, 09:14:58 PM »
It's a game about nazis invading America; a plot that was surely decided upon well before it became an aspect of modern politics.

They then included a few relevant jokes in their ads. 

I think it was a bad idea, but I still think anyone who was annoyed or offended by this is pretty laughable.    But predictable that people would, hence bad idea.

I'm offended by the idea of exploiting our desperate and fucked up political situation to sell a fucking product.

Do you remember 9/11 or bush era shit at all?  :lol :lol ::)

But poking fun at white supremacists, literal facists? Thats tote tote fucked up!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:23:33 PM by mormapope »
OH!

Clockwork5

« Reply #3218 on: November 17, 2017, 09:25:52 PM »
They are all crooks. However, to say someone can't be bothered by both being associated with Nazis as well as disappointed in the person they voted for is literally "us or them" SJ W bullshit to the highest degree.

Huh?

Of course they could be bothered by it; and if they are they should speak out against the person that caused the association.

But, they don't do that in the US.  Instead they play the victim; victim of what exactly?  Having voted for someone they refuse to speak out against and then being associated with that persons politics apparently.

I don't see how this is remotely us vs. them; if I voted for someone and then continued to support them I'd expect people to associate me with that person's politics.

Who are they? How do you know which ones they are? How do you know what they are for or against?

This notion that everyone who voted for Trump is a frenzied fan of his and sticks up for him every time he says something stupid is again, disingenuous. Look at his approval polling ffs.

Just because they related to a stupid slogan and are not pleased that there is an insinuation that supporting that stupid slogan makes them a Nazi, does not mean they support the fucks in Charlottesville.

Again, I don't really care. I just call out "everyone is a Nazi" bullshit when I see it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:30:42 PM by Clockwork5 »

benjipwns

« Reply #3219 on: November 17, 2017, 09:34:28 PM »

Do you remember 9/11 or bush era shit at all?  :lol :lol ::)
I thought the WWF went a bit far in their "darker and edgier" direction at the time:

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3220 on: November 17, 2017, 09:43:09 PM »
Nazi is being thrown around so often it's losing it's power. People should stop comparing and calling everyone a nazi.

Clockwork5

« Reply #3221 on: November 17, 2017, 10:06:33 PM »
Again, I don't really care. I just call out "everyone is a Nazi" bullshit when I see it.

Making fun of Donald Trump's slogan because he failed miserably at distancing himself from literal neo-nazis is not the same as "everyone is a nazi bullshit."

It's pretty easy to distance yourself from it;  "I voted for that guy but that's fucked up."

Which sure, maybe some are thinking and saying.. anectodtally literally never saw anything like that.  He had a 60% approval rating among his voters at the time and for the most part you didn't see or hear a lot from detractrs.  You have his loud mouth base who defends and deflects endlessly and people not really willing to say much at all.  That's my experience at least.

Nazi is being thrown around so often it's losing it's power. People should stop comparing and calling everyone a nazi.

I agree, it's fucking dumb, and you'll never see me participate in that crap.
But you just did.

It's transparent.

You can continue this conversation but I'm done, l honestly don't wish to appear to support that idiot or the fools who voted for him.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:12:06 PM by Clockwork5 »

benjipwns

« Reply #3222 on: November 17, 2017, 10:33:38 PM »
He quiot iterally called a group of nazis fine people.   He's a fucking moron.
Maybe he was comparing them to nihilists.

AHA, CHECK AND MATE.

kingv

« Reply #3223 on: November 17, 2017, 11:50:27 PM »
I don’t think it’s the type of game that’s designed to blow the doors off in sales.

It also only had 2 days of sales in the charts.
It looks like the prior game only sold around 2-2.5 million copies total.

Also, if vgchartz is to be believed (which I find is often "accurate enough" years after the fact to get a ballpark figure and will often be close to more valid sources) the prior game actually did most of its sales in Yurop except on the Xbox One. Like the Xbone version sold 53-47 Global-US. PS4 version apparently sold 70-30 Global-US, with 55% of sales being Yurop and Japan. Their probably garbage PC numbers have the same split. (Though they say only half a million PC copies were sold, Steam has 1.8 million owners of the game. So must be retail only, and definitely not the years of sales, it's been like $5 a bunch recently.)

Bethesda games apart from Elder scrolls and fallout feel like they kind of AA’ish space in today’s market. Everyone calls Wolf II or EW2 a bomba because it didn’t sell 4 million copies, but I’m guessing they are trying to make games that pay out closer to 1-2 million sales. I’m guessing both of those games will ballpark out somewhere around there by middle of next year.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3224 on: November 18, 2017, 12:18:08 AM »
Which one of you made this post?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1104851
serge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3225 on: November 18, 2017, 12:21:43 AM »
"Gender neutraling"

:stop

benjipwns

« Reply #3226 on: November 18, 2017, 12:24:05 AM »
When are any of these guys going to face charges? When will the face of Weinstein's victims be featured on the cover of a major publication? One of the reasons I look at this differently than a lot of people, is that these people are not being treated the way Cosby was, and I believe that is by design.
:lawd

benjipwns

« Reply #3227 on: November 18, 2017, 12:25:16 AM »
When over 97% of sexual assault cases are true, you don’t say: “Almost always belive the woman,” you say “Belive the woman.”
Wow, that's like prosecutor running for DA level conviction numbers.

daemon

« Reply #3228 on: November 18, 2017, 12:41:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/german-court-rules-kuwait-airways-is-allowed-to-ban-israelis.6692

Antisemite GAFERA is alive and well.

holy shit, lots of mental gymnastics olympic athletes in that thread

When over 97% of sexual assault cases are true, you don’t say: “Almost always belive the woman,” you say “Belive the woman.”

So, 97% of the cases are true, despite their most used argument being "believe women, because there normally isn't any proof to it". Classic bullshit. I can understand saying: don't just say the woman made it up because there's no proof, but don't call the other party guilty without proof either. Both things are asshole things to do without any backing from the legal system to begin with.

Clockwork5

« Reply #3229 on: November 18, 2017, 01:18:24 AM »
For the sake of factuality, here is the Washington Posts fact check on that figure.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/12/09/the-truth-about-a-viral-graphic-on-rape-statistics/?utm_term=.c4595e1049a3

Tldr: none of it is accurate. Of those cases which involve an actual police report the falsely accused is closer to 10%. Which is still high enough to lend credence to those women who report their sexual assault to law enforcement imo.

Percentages are a tricky thing though, anyone could be part of the 10% or 90% which is why we rightfully provide the accused with a presumption of innocence.

« Reply #3231 on: November 18, 2017, 01:58:50 AM »
ResetEra, where the mods are transparent

Yet hang out in private discords with community members who lobby for extended bans and insult members in ways that would get anyone banned on the site itself, and brag about banning in the discord but won't claim it on the actual site.

:neogaf

I sometimes think "hey, I want my name in purple too!" and then I look out the window and realize neither it nor a red name mean shit.

Ex-GAF mods are coming off as petty whiny bitches and their butthurt is the sole reason I read anything on the new hugbox while on the can.

Whiny bitches.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3232 on: November 18, 2017, 02:31:42 AM »
I'm so confused. Isn't this Lena Dunham chic supposed to be some hugggge feminist bitch? I've never thought she was talented, like most women writers aren't :teehee but wow on the "she's trash" posts.

Everyone is gross or trashy to these high and mighty people. How did they ever reach such transcendence?

TVC15

« Reply #3233 on: November 18, 2017, 03:10:49 AM »
I'm so confused. Isn't this Lena Dunham chic supposed to be some hugggge feminist bitch? I've never thought she was talented, like most women writers aren't :teehee but wow on the "she's trash" posts.

Everyone is gross or trashy to these high and mighty people. How did they ever reach such transcendence?

She says immensely stupid things regularly. She’s a case where no side would want her.
serge

nudemacusers

« Reply #3234 on: November 18, 2017, 03:14:04 AM »
Plus she’s ugly
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #3235 on: November 18, 2017, 03:18:12 AM »
It’s also interesting how quickly the honeymoon period has ended, and we’re back to posting half-baked twitter hottake threads and single-word “gross” “problematic” responses. Maybe moderation isn’t the problem after all  :doge

Meanwhile gaf looks like an abandoned imageboard. Going to be full or porn referral links soon.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3236 on: November 18, 2017, 03:19:34 AM »
Plus she’s ugly

is she bi?

Serious question: Who is going to hire women after this? 1 allegation no matter how frivolous, exaggerated or flat out unproven can crush your entire career, business.... be ready for a huge uptick in male executive assistants jobs.

Clockwork5

« Reply #3237 on: November 18, 2017, 03:33:15 AM »
Am I the only one who is a bit shocked at the general tone of the Lena Dunham thread on ResistEra? I figured it would be the mental gymnastics olympics. Surprising to see so many posters come out with like this hidden but now it's okay to show my hatred for her. Post after post of "garbage person".

For the record: Garbage Person.

TVC15

« Reply #3238 on: November 18, 2017, 03:38:09 AM »
Am I the only one who is a bit shocked at the general tone of the Lena Dunham thread on ResistEra? I figured it would be the mental gymnastics olympics. Surprising to see so many posters come out with like this hidden but now it's okay to show my hatred for her. Post after post of "garbage person".

For the record: Garbage Person.

A little bit? People definitely were more prone to defending her when her book came out and right wing media put a hit on her for being a pedo, but now like 50% of resetera appears to be willing to agree with that. I’m guessing her most recent guffaw, about not being seen as a sex object by some specific celebrity, was the breaking point, maybe?
serge

Clockwork5

« Reply #3239 on: November 18, 2017, 03:40:48 AM »
Plus she’s ugly

is she bi?

Serious question: Who is going to hire women after this? 1 allegation no matter how frivolous, exaggerated or flat out unproven can crush your entire career, business.... be ready for a huge uptick in male executive assistants jobs.

Serious Answer: non-rapists.

I truly believe the vast majority of the women of the MeToo movement are probably being honest. The fact that most all of the men involved are like "Yeah I did it. Sorry." (with the exception of Tyler Malka) should lead you to that conclusion. Meanwhile there are hundreds of millions of women who don't get raped who go to work every day and are happy that they don't have to get raped to keep their job. Perspective, dude.