Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174273 times)

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #5820 on: December 06, 2017, 10:37:37 AM »
Gotta make sure they bubble wrap all the sharp angles, you know

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #5821 on: December 06, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1783423/
Quote from: Guy who wants Palestinian Children to Die
Curse of Osiris is shallow and the main campaign is a drag, but to call Bungie "lazy" is inaccurate and insulting. It also makes you seem like a really shitty person.
I like how he just implies someone else is shitty instead of saying it.  You're 100% Prime vERAfied breh. There is no reason to tiptoe around, you're not going to get a warning or banned. :lol

agrajag

« Reply #5822 on: December 06, 2017, 10:50:46 AM »
Isn't calling someone a shitty person a personal attack? Or is that OK as long as you're on the right side of history and chose the right hills to die on?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #5823 on: December 06, 2017, 11:01:11 AM »
I just noticed Slayven's custom tag.

"You probably post about me on another board."

:lol
每天生气

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #5824 on: December 06, 2017, 11:03:45 AM »
Isn't calling someone a shitty person a personal attack? Or is that OK as long as you're on the right side of history and chose the right hills to die on?

As long as you're either a moderator, a verified person, or a community resettler; the rules do not apply to you on ResetEra.

agrajag

« Reply #5825 on: December 06, 2017, 11:04:06 AM »
We also post about Huelen too. He's in great company.

shosta

« Reply #5826 on: December 06, 2017, 11:09:08 AM »
she
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #5827 on: December 06, 2017, 11:12:50 AM »
Wait, Slayven is a girl?  :mindblown

agrajag

« Reply #5828 on: December 06, 2017, 11:13:10 AM »
Stop doxxing Shosto.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5829 on: December 06, 2017, 11:13:50 AM »
OP getting this angry about the movie is humorous
I wish I could muster such rage about anything

The user was warned for this post. Don't diminish a fellow user's opinions in such a condescending and dismissive way.

::)

The user was warned for this post. Don't diminish a moderator's opinions in such a condescending and dismissive way.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1773095/

This is why I don't bother posting there. What's the point of discussing someone's clearly wrong opinion if even light ribbing isn't allowed. Like, I wouldn't be capable of posting in that thread without stating how ridiculous his read was.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #5830 on: December 06, 2017, 11:20:33 AM »
You also wouldn't be capable of posting without discussing your sphincter/bowel movements.

paprikastaude

« Reply #5831 on: December 06, 2017, 11:22:14 AM »
Let's be real. They might not hand out longer bans that frequently, but these constant ultra-finicky warnings give the place an even more restricting and stupidly backward feel than gaf in its prior state.

blaze

« Reply #5832 on: December 06, 2017, 11:34:45 AM »
the warnings in that three billboards thread are pathetic. It's all morrigan too. Mess.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5833 on: December 06, 2017, 11:38:04 AM »
You also wouldn't be capable of posting without discussing your sphincter/bowel movements.

Let me just get this out of the way right now: I've been eating too much beef lately.
serge

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #5834 on: December 06, 2017, 11:38:44 AM »
don't make us warn you again
rub

shosta

« Reply #5835 on: December 06, 2017, 11:39:58 AM »
is that a verafied threat
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #5836 on: December 06, 2017, 11:45:20 AM »
is that a verafied threat

Verrit code: 0156878905

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #5837 on: December 06, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »

You just earned yourself a warning, mister

Please note that the color red is exclusively reserved for Moderators and Administrators when they are posting in an official capacity. Misusing red text will result in a warning.

blaze

« Reply #5838 on: December 06, 2017, 12:01:20 PM »

You just earned yourself a warning, mister

Please note that the color red is exclusively reserved for Moderators and Administrators when they are posting in an official capacity. Misusing red text will result in a warning.
lmao holy shit

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5839 on: December 06, 2017, 12:01:54 PM »
the warnings in that three billboards thread are pathetic. It's all morrigan too. Mess.

When I read this I thought "I hope he's not talking about me"

Oops

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5840 on: December 06, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »
you were pretty pathetic in there too

agrajag

« Reply #5841 on: December 06, 2017, 12:06:58 PM »

The user was warned for this post. Don't diminish a fellow user's opinions in such a condescending and dismissive way.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5842 on: December 06, 2017, 12:07:55 PM »
jokes on you, i didn't even read the thread :smug

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5843 on: December 06, 2017, 12:08:15 PM »

unless they're being a fuckface
©@©™

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #5844 on: December 06, 2017, 12:12:13 PM »

Red is reserved for moderators. Don't make us take your crayons.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #5845 on: December 06, 2017, 12:23:47 PM »
Look upon the power of my color, ye peasants and despair!

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #5846 on: December 06, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »
Extra Warninger
rub

agrajag

« Reply #5847 on: December 06, 2017, 12:45:29 PM »
Look upon the power of my color, ye peasants and despair!

user was warned for color shaming in bad faith.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5848 on: December 06, 2017, 12:46:35 PM »
What's with you guys changing both avatar and username at the same time. It's confusing as fuck.

You know you can click on a user name and see previous aliases, right? 
:itagaki

Wait, sorry:

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5849 on: December 06, 2017, 12:47:56 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
ど助平

agrajag

« Reply #5850 on: December 06, 2017, 12:52:49 PM »
What's with you guys changing both avatar and username at the same time. It's confusing as fuck.

Wait, sorry:

:mindblown :ohhh

Jansen

« Reply #5851 on: December 06, 2017, 01:06:07 PM »

etiolate

« Reply #5852 on: December 06, 2017, 01:08:38 PM »

The user was warned for this post. Don't diminish a moderator's opinions in such a condescending and dismissive way.

DO NOT LAUGH AT THE ANIMALS

ZOO RULES

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #5853 on: December 06, 2017, 01:28:55 PM »

DO NOT LAUGH AT THE ANIMALS

ZOO RULES

Well, it is pretty inhumane to make fun of mentally challenged people. Stop it, seriously.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5854 on: December 06, 2017, 01:30:59 PM »
Heh, I think it's fair for the FAQ to say that, you need a way for moderators to signal when they're making official communications (plus standing out and being legible) and most boards do that in some capacity, generally an association of color and typeface plus prefacing with something like "As a mod...".

They really seem to love it tho.
ὕβρις

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #5856 on: December 06, 2017, 01:36:33 PM »
The age of Xbox is over.

Jansen

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #5858 on: December 06, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »
The age of Destiny 2 haters is over.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #5859 on: December 06, 2017, 01:43:03 PM »

Wait, sorry:

:leon

blaze

« Reply #5860 on: December 06, 2017, 01:43:11 PM »
Heh, I think it's fair for the FAQ to say that, you need a way for moderators to signal when they're making official communications (plus standing out and being legible) and most boards do that in some capacity, generally an association of color and typeface plus prefacing with something like "As a mod...".

They really seem to love it tho.
idk wouldn't most just post like a normal person and throw a MOD NOTE post # in the title, first post? That's generally what I see in other places.

But yeah they fact they do it so much is crazy.

zomgee

• We've *all*
rub

Raist

« Reply #5862 on: December 06, 2017, 01:44:16 PM »

shosta

« Reply #5863 on: December 06, 2017, 01:46:00 PM »
I remember a political party that had offensive paintings removed
每天生气

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #5864 on: December 06, 2017, 01:47:10 PM »
Democrats?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #5865 on: December 06, 2017, 01:59:13 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nyc-museum-refuses-remove-controversial-painting-girl-230117969.html

If only she was a 10000 year old dragon.

Can't fool me Boticelli with this poor excuse for your Venus.

If "dreamy, possibly suggestive poses of fully clothed young woman who may or may not be in her late teens" are problematic, we're gonna have to pull a lot of displays in world biggest museums...
ὕβρις

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #5866 on: December 06, 2017, 02:24:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1783423/
Quote from: Guy who wants Palestinian Children to Die
Curse of Osiris is shallow and the main campaign is a drag, but to call Bungie "lazy" is inaccurate and insulting. It also makes you seem like a really shitty person.
I like how he just implies someone else is shitty instead of saying it.  You're 100% Prime vERAfied breh. There is no reason to tiptoe around, you're not going to get a warning or banned. :lol

I dont think he ever said “I want Palestinian children to die”. That pic was photoshopped and passed off as real.

shosta

« Reply #5867 on: December 06, 2017, 02:26:05 PM »
Would anyone here stay quiet if they were sexually assaulted by a prominent Democrat?
I'm not a woman, but it would highly depend on which Democrat it was, and how bad the experience was.

I would let them know personally that in the current climate they are seriously endangering their career, though.

Each person must make their own choice, of course.
for the party
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5868 on: December 06, 2017, 03:05:52 PM »
I would let them know personally that in the current climate they are seriously endangering their career, though.
I think the FBI would call this blackmail.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5869 on: December 06, 2017, 03:08:45 PM »
USER WAS WARNED FOR MISUSING TEXT FORMATTING OPTIONS

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5870 on: December 06, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »
Would anyone here stay quiet if they were sexually assaulted by a prominent Democrat?
I'm not a woman, but it would highly depend on which Democrat it was, and how bad the experience was.

Each person must make their own choice, of course.
for the party

bros
party before hoes man

party before shawties
©@©™

blaze

« Reply #5871 on: December 06, 2017, 03:16:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-trailer-for-steven-spielbergs-the-post.4700/

every time i click on the poster it gets bigger, it just crashed chrome on me.

shosta

« Reply #5872 on: December 06, 2017, 03:20:55 PM »
One good thing about the warning system is you can tell what posters abuse the shit out of it when you see the pattern of everyone they argue with ends up with a warning in every topic. You know which protected posters to ignore and not engage with even easier. It's a feature!
I mean that's one way to spin a feedback system that overencourages moderation
每天生气

Raist

« Reply #5873 on: December 06, 2017, 03:36:52 PM »
So I tried playing Zelda Botw in my mind - ( no switch )

Quiet room, and I started to know it's possible - it was a good 10-15 min
but it was possible.

Now, I'm wondering if someone else could try it.
I played Eventide Island and I was able to get two spheres in their place before I lost concentration.

I believe the game is either very well designed or I played that level so many times that I eventually was able to recreate the whole scene in my mind.

I know this sounds crazy
and I event tried playing Vanquish or Final Fantasy XV using my mind only
but I couldn't do it.

:insane

Odrion

« Reply #5874 on: December 06, 2017, 03:46:41 PM »
tbh if i've been recently playing tetris my mind will occasionally drift off into playing a game of it.

i guess that's probably not the same as that tho
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:51:41 PM by Odrion »
._.

Clockwork5

« Reply #5875 on: December 06, 2017, 03:59:02 PM »

but it was possible.

I played Eventide Island and I was able to get two spheres in their place before I lost concentration.

I believe the game is either very well designed or I played that level so many times that I eventually was able to recreate the whole scene in my mind.

I know this sounds crazy
but I couldn't do it.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5876 on: December 06, 2017, 04:31:26 PM »

but it was possible.

I know this sounds crazy
but I couldn't do it.

nintendo :rejoice

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #5877 on: December 06, 2017, 04:52:29 PM »

but it was possible.

I know this sounds crazy
but I couldn't do it.

link dammit
sigh

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #5878 on: December 06, 2017, 04:53:21 PM »
Forget about virginity, that shit is the new barometer for Wizardry.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #5879 on: December 06, 2017, 04:56:09 PM »

but it was possible.

I know this sounds crazy
but I couldn't do it.

link dammit

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playing-zelda-botw-with-your-mind-only.9878