Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174744 times)

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6300 on: December 11, 2017, 01:01:39 AM »
Loose Change  :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6301 on: December 11, 2017, 01:09:54 AM »
"Both sidesing" has become as much a reductive catch-all statement as "whataboutism" or "bad faith."

The guy quite literally said "both sides" 2 posts before mine, so not sure why you are directing this at me.

Seemed pretty tongue-in-cheek to me, fully aware of the dumb history of the phrase.  Used to be that was the whole point of following up with an emoticon.

And regardless, what he said was true.  Reset is just the most evident place to see it.  I guess I assume most discussion along those lines in this thread is referring to the latest craziness from the past couple pages.  I kind of doubt the right are the ones clutching pearls about camel toe in PUBG.
Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6303 on: December 11, 2017, 01:46:42 AM »
great, more alt right youtube content
每天生气

daemon

« Reply #6304 on: December 11, 2017, 02:35:27 AM »
Smash windows/lightbulbs and leave bacon in a mosque -> 15 years (because it's a hate crime. Hilariously, that's the plea deal... like wtf)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/muslim-hate-crime-bacon-mosque-man-jailed-15-years-michael-wolfe-florida-a8098926.html

Livestream the kidnapping and lenghty torture of a disabled white devil man -> probation (not a hate crime apparently despite the explicit statements about him being white)
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/09/teen-charged-in-beating-disabled-man-broadcasting-it-on-facebook-live-gets-probation.html

I want to add, though, that the first guy gives me a neonazi vibe, but I haven't seen any info that suggests anything of the sort. He does have, though, numerous burglaries on records.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:08:39 AM by daemon »

Bore Expert

« Reply #6305 on: December 11, 2017, 03:58:44 AM »
This has aged like fine wine

:delicious :ryker

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6306 on: December 11, 2017, 06:31:16 AM »
The liberal media created Trump and they are reaping the rewards. How some of these SJW idiots don't see this is astonishing. Middle american white folks aren't to blame for this, not sure why no one can see that.

You market and feed garbage to these people for years, and then they turn around and vote for the guy you put in front of them for almost a decade ummmm.

At the end of these 4 years after everyone has lost their minds if a realization happened, if the irony was realized it could end up being the best thing to happen to american politics.

etiolate

« Reply #6307 on: December 11, 2017, 06:32:07 AM »
Because Trump went pro-Jerasulem, are we going to get a string of anti-jewzionism on Reset?

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6308 on: December 11, 2017, 07:13:15 AM »
I love the thumbnail.

Metal > Ice

Please hide all spoilers.
rub

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6309 on: December 11, 2017, 08:04:34 AM »
So about that other site...
Quote from: Hitman;253106896
Something seems real fishy about the way the neogaf replacement site was set up. Who started it? Who owns it? Are moderators from here now over there? How did it start so quickly after the controversy over here?

Does anyone else think that sites fishy or is it just me?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:34:32 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #6310 on: December 11, 2017, 08:04:38 AM »
All I know is that jet fuel isn’t hot enough to melt building, and Obama’s is a Muslim. You do the math!!!111

agrajag

« Reply #6311 on: December 11, 2017, 09:01:06 AM »
I love the thumbnail.

Metal > Ice

Metal > everything

\m/

FStop7

« Reply #6312 on: December 11, 2017, 09:25:15 AM »
Jet fuel can’t melt Tyler’s ears.

tummyfat

« Reply #6313 on: December 11, 2017, 09:32:11 AM »
If it’s bannable to subtly accuse someone of racism then Enzom should be very afraid

« Reply #6314 on: December 11, 2017, 09:58:50 AM »
Left Wing: Truthers. WRONG
Right Wing: Birthers. WRONG
Alex Jones: They're making the frogs gay. TRUE

this is reality, you have to accept it

jorma

« Reply #6315 on: December 11, 2017, 10:43:00 AM »
If it’s bannable to subtly accuse someone of racism then Enzom should be very afraid

I resent that, Enzom has never ever subtly accused anyone of racism. He would never do that.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6316 on: December 11, 2017, 11:00:38 AM »
enzom is about as subtle as a polar bear wearing a banana raincoat

SmokyDave

« Reply #6317 on: December 11, 2017, 11:13:42 AM »
Why don’t you admit what you’d really like to call him?

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #6318 on: December 11, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »
Quote from: Bill O'Rights
Can you please leave out any of the alleged details as they should not be discussed due to any potential legal ramifications in the background. Certain decisions were made with regards to the site that were necessary and the reasons will not be made public. Rest assured, they were not taken lightly but were necessary.

With regards to the software upgrades, we'd love to be able to just disregard the entire history of the site and not migrate it. However, there are technical challenges when migrating a large database cross platform with minimal downtime. We trust common sense will prevail when considering this, but the upgrades are now imminent.

Re: Forum avatars we are looking into. There does seem to be a inconsistent issue which is proving difficult to track down.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459360

:lol

1. Why the fuck is EviLore posting using another name?
2. Is EviLore going to sue that shower girl?
3. EviLore bragged about how fast he could import the database to new software... so...
4. Every avatar is broken right now, seems pretty consistent to me. Could be related to them being https, while NeoGAF is still running unsecured? Just a thought.

The ride never ends  :lol
Fish<

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6319 on: December 11, 2017, 11:57:06 AM »
enzom is about as subtle as a polar bear wearing a banana raincoat

rub

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6320 on: December 11, 2017, 12:05:45 PM »
He's probably trying to make googling him harder now.
If Evilore sues the girl (which he might) does that make him part of gamergate? But he said that gamergate was the reason GAF is dying. So Evilore set himself up to kill his own site.  :ohhh
que

paprikastaude

« Reply #6321 on: December 11, 2017, 12:46:01 PM »

Pachter!? LOL OPPOSITE!!!!! IMSOFUNNY

agrajag

« Reply #6322 on: December 11, 2017, 12:59:46 PM »
The Gamergate was coming cumming from inside the shower (she's bi).

Ftfy

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6323 on: December 11, 2017, 01:43:31 PM »
The liberal media created Trump and they are reaping the rewards. How some of these Social Studies Warrior idiots don't see this is astonishing. Middle american white folks aren't to blame for this, not sure why no one can see that.

Because it's a patently stupid idea;  he lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes, how is it that all those non-Trump voters weren't affected by this mystical "Durr he was on TV so much, what else was I supposed to do, NOT vote for him" affect?

People are responsible for who they vote for;  this is a far more nuanced topic than to just completely remove "blame" because the media covered Trump more.  Someone can argue that he was over-covered and it didn't help things but I still think that's too simple of an analysis.  WHY would basically only white Americans turn that coverage into votes?  What is it about "over covering" a blow-hard who brags about grabbing pussies that affected these people?

There's no question some racism is involved but pure racism isn't the reason he won. There's a lot of people out there that don't think he's a racist, that don't take anything he says at face value. There's also a lot of people that don't give a fuck about "black people" or any immigrants or people they deem need social welfare to survive. They simply do not care. Then there's the people that voted for him because he was a celebrity. If he wasn't such a dickwad he could have won the democratic vote at one point.

But yes the media was hugely responsible for this. I'd say it's the number 1 reason. People didn't get dumb overnight.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6324 on: December 11, 2017, 01:49:59 PM »
The liberal media created Trump and they are reaping the rewards. How some of these Social Studies Warrior idiots don't see this is astonishing. Middle american white folks aren't to blame for this, not sure why no one can see that.

Because it's a patently stupid idea;  he lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes, how is it that all those non-Trump voters weren't affected by this mystical "Durr he was on TV so much, what else was I supposed to do, NOT vote for him" affect?

People are responsible for who they vote for;  this is a far more nuanced topic than to just completely remove "blame" because the media covered Trump more.  Someone can argue that he was over-covered and it didn't help things but I still think that's too simple of an analysis.  WHY would basically only white Americans turn that coverage into votes?  What is it about "over covering" a blow-hard who brags about grabbing pussies that affected these people?

There's no question some racism is involved but pure racism isn't the reason he won. There's a lot of people out there that don't think he's a racist, that don't take anything he says at face value. There's also a lot of people that don't give a fuck about "black people" or any immigrants or people they deem need social welfare to survive. They simply do not care. Then there's the people that voted for him because he was a celebrity. If he wasn't such a dickwad he could have won the democratic vote at one point.

But yes the media was hugely responsible for this. I'd say it's the number 1 reason. People didn't get dumb overnight.

>Assuming people were ever not dumb

:girlaff
©@©™

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6325 on: December 11, 2017, 02:07:54 PM »

>Assuming people were ever not dumb

:girlaff
Yeah, that's the point. People were always gullible, and the liberal media, the progressive types, that always virtue signal their tolerance are the ones that exploited that gullibleness endlessly on a country wide scale. They fed into stupidity for decades.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6326 on: December 11, 2017, 02:15:39 PM »
There are tons of old people who just have Fox News up and running all day long.  They didn't even hear a lot of what Trump himself said, just a bunch of people going in circles about how his policies seemed so sensible and the best thing for America.  They downplay the pussy grabbing and amplify everything that sounded even mildly good.

Watching Fox News itself is probably a sign of gullibility but once it's the only thing you trust, I'm sure they try to shield you from the worst stuff their candidate says.

In other words anyone who heard everything Trump said, unfiltered, could probably realize what a douche he was.  But most of the die-hards got it filtered and served in a palatable way.

It's not a good excuse, but it's a more complete explanation than just focusing on what people thought of Trump himself.  They weren't given a picture of the real Trump and didn't go looking for one beyond Fox.
Uncle

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6327 on: December 11, 2017, 02:17:37 PM »
Yeah, that's the point. People were always gullible, and the liberal media, the progressive types, that always virtue signal their tolerance are the ones that exploited that gullibleness endlessly on a country wide scale. They fed into stupidity for decades.

Wut

What is it you don't understand? The media aims for the lowest common denominator instead of educating. TV (and slowly major parts of the internet) are for the stupid. They foster an environment where no one knows what is up or down. Add a deteriorating education system and you open the public up to someone like Trump.

EDIT: Out of everything harmful about Trump the pussy grabbing incident was actually one of the lesser issues for me personally. He was bantering about grabbing pussy with a douchebag host of a show, OK? A lot of male Trump types banter like that. And from what we've all learned the left has a TON of predator types that go far beyond 'locker room talk'.

That whole 'grab em by the pussy' turned around and bit liberals in the butt. Again, the virtue signaling types always end up being the biggest culprits. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:22:12 PM by Assimilate »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6328 on: December 11, 2017, 02:26:32 PM »
What is it you don't understand? The media aims for the lowest common denominator instead of educating. TV (and slowly major parts of the internet) are for the stupid. They foster an environment where no one knows what is up or down. Add a deteriorating education system and you open the public up to someone like Trump.

What the hell does this have to do with progressives?
liberals, so called "progressives" what would you like to call them? there's no question a majority of large media isn't conservative or republican in anyway.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6329 on: December 11, 2017, 02:29:01 PM »

I agree that there are multiple factors for why people voted for Trump. That is often the case. I am reminded however of an argument Brendan O'neill made about the pathologisation of people's views and opinions. So for example, having critical views of Islam can get you branded as an Islamophobe, i.e. you have an irrational fear of Muslims, you are mentally ill, etc. A high percentage of Trump voters had views critical of Islam. Now, the way some people on the Left treat people with views like this really isn't helpful. It is only going to create polarity. To a number of these people they don't see their views as racist yet they are being spoken of as if they're mentally and morally deficient in some way. That is only going to push people away. What's more, it gives the impression the Left is incapable of grappling with complex issues.

The thing is, in the words of Douglas Murray, an absence on one side creates something on the other. If one side says terrorism has nothing to do with Islam, you will create a movement that says, "Wait a minute! it has everything to do with Islam". The Obama administration chose not to brand Islamic Terrorism as 'Islamic' for example. Choosing not to name the issue can create contray forces. In other words, the public hear that it has nothing to do with Islam or notice the failure to mention Islam and are like, "what do you mean it has nothing to do with Islam. Why don't you mention it? We can see it with our own eyes". Then pops up Trump and he tells these same people it has everything to do with Islam. Islam is the problem. And of course there is more truth in what Trump was saying than what the Obama administration was saying. Thats not to say it's absolutely true, just that there is more truth in it. This is the danger.

You're right, there are multiple factors involved, but the Left's vilifying of the other side, of wholes swathes of people, and it's failure to address what are complex issues is definitely part of the reason in my mind.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:36:46 PM by Leadbelly »

OpinionatedCyborg

« Reply #6330 on: December 11, 2017, 02:30:01 PM »

I think the guy doing the voice over is Stanley Roberts, a reporter who has a "People Behaving Badly Segment." Example:

Maybe he'll do a story on Evilore.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #6331 on: December 11, 2017, 02:41:41 PM »
Isn't sinclair worth like three billion dollars? Let's not pretend like "the liberal media" has a stranglehold on the information people consume

Clockwork5

« Reply #6332 on: December 11, 2017, 02:47:35 PM »
Look, I think Trump is just as much of a joke as the next guy but let's not pretend the Clinton campaign wasn't a complete disaster and an embarrassment to the Democratic Party.

It is difficult for the media to cover a candidate who would go weeks at a time without a public appearance. The multiple Trump rallies per day weren't just for the crowds at the rallies. They gave the media a constant source of "election coverage" while Clinton was literally nowhere to be seen. I still cannot comprehend how arrogant and stupid her campaign team must have been

Leadbelly

« Reply #6333 on: December 11, 2017, 02:52:08 PM »
Has nothing to do with what Assimilate is talking about though lol.

Oh. Jumping into a conversation without fully grasping what it si about

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #6334 on: December 11, 2017, 03:00:59 PM »
Look, I think Trump is just as much of a joke as the next guy but let's not pretend the Clinton campaign wasn't a complete disaster and an embarrassment to the Democratic Party.

It is difficult for the media to cover a candidate who would go weeks at a time without a public appearance. The multiple Trump rallies per day weren't just for the crowds at the rallies. They gave the media a constant source of "election coverage" while Clinton was literally nowhere to be seen. I still cannot comprehend how arrogant and stupid her campaign team must have been
Wait, we CAN pretend. Someone just get Jack in here.
que

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #6335 on: December 11, 2017, 03:08:12 PM »

Has nothing to do with what Assimilate is talking about though lol.
Yes it does.

Your stupid comment of "what do you think sitcoms were like in the 80s" shows you don't even know what i'm talking about. Who the fuck is blaming the media for the last few years, or even a decade of stupidity? This has been going on for a long time.

He's claiming libruls somehow dumbed down the entire population using media.. lol.

Again, missing the point. You can't condemn entire groups of people while virtue signaling your bullshit when you're part of, if not one of the biggest factors on why Trump succeeded. Can you grasp that or not?

paprikastaude

« Reply #6336 on: December 11, 2017, 03:10:56 PM »

I find the GAF narrative of the growth of "neonazis" in the US odd, considering that Trump had a worse result than Romney - which would indicate the opposite. I thought it was pretty obvious that the fault for all this was that Hillary was so unappealing that she turned a majority of Obama supporters into nonvoters (especially among minorities). Recently a farleftwing party in my country literally died in the last elections because their only program was "the others are evil" without actually saying what they want to accomplish/what they are offering other than not being rightwing. Like duh rednecks are stupid, but you mustn't expect to gain votes just because. Maybe if she had a program like Bernie's :doge

Himu

« Reply #6337 on: December 11, 2017, 03:18:40 PM »
The best part of the "liberal media" accusation is that these people consider things like CNN "liberal". Basically, they equate anything not conservative as liberal. It's almost as bad as the people on gaf/era considering anyone who says Social Studies Warrior as alt right. Apparently regular ol NBC and WWE (which had Trump as part of its program at one point) are "the liberal media". Lol. I bet South Park is a part of the liberal media too!
IYKYK

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6338 on: December 11, 2017, 03:27:24 PM »
I think it's probably fair to label at least one major news network as being more left-leaning than others.  I would find it hard to believe that only Fox News has an agenda and all the rest are well-balanced and impartial.

I don't pay a ton of attention to the news so I wouldn't be one who could dole out those labels.  People like to point at stuff like Young Turks as being a counter-example to Fox but they don't have the clout and draw on that level.  I'm sure at least one of the big boys could be labeled the liberal counterpart to Fox.
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #6339 on: December 11, 2017, 03:43:36 PM »
MSNBC; but they are still owned by a mega-conglomerate who would be hard to label as liberal.  Pretty clear at the MSNBC level however they are biased. 

Fox is the one where it clearly goes all the way to the top, with ownership who not so secretly has the agenda of creating conservative leaning media all over the world.

I always thought that was weird because they also had some of the raunchier content on TV, and a lot of conservatives are supposed to be christians who presumably wouldn't watch that stuff.
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6340 on: December 11, 2017, 03:53:52 PM »
We solved the 2016 election, Right Wing Radicalization, Media, Liberals and all under 2 pages.
Keep them coming Bore Boys !
 :itagaki
ὕβρις

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6341 on: December 11, 2017, 04:37:50 PM »
I blame Gamergate.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6343 on: December 11, 2017, 04:46:27 PM »
I did date my age once...

...I didn't like it.  :doge :goty2

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6344 on: December 11, 2017, 04:50:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/1975443/
 :badass

AN OPEN LETTER TO MEN: WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT BLANK

STOP IT, OK? THANKS.

LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE
rub

Jansen

« Reply #6345 on: December 11, 2017, 04:52:21 PM »
 Stop careposting itt u bitches

Tired of scrolling so much on my phone

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6346 on: December 11, 2017, 04:53:02 PM »
Stop careposting itt u bitches

Tired of scrolling so much on my phone

AN OPEN LETTER TO BORE: WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT BLANK

STOP IT. NOW. THANKS.

LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE
rub

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6347 on: December 11, 2017, 04:54:06 PM »

younger women  :lawd

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #6348 on: December 11, 2017, 05:00:58 PM »

older women :lawd

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #6349 on: December 11, 2017, 05:01:27 PM »

They're just as immature as me.  :aah

Himu

« Reply #6350 on: December 11, 2017, 05:03:13 PM »
I think it's probably fair to label at least one major news network as being more left-leaning than others.  I would find it hard to believe that only Fox News has an agenda and all the rest are well-balanced and impartial.

I don't pay a ton of attention to the news so I wouldn't be one who could dole out those labels.  People like to point at stuff like Young Turks as being a counter-example to Fox but they don't have the clout and draw on that level.  I'm sure at least one of the big boys could be labeled the liberal counterpart to Fox.

No way dude. MSNBC is liberal as fuck. CNN is more moderate. Then there's Fox that's conservative. CNN being labeled liberal is hilarious.
IYKYK

Nola

« Reply #6351 on: December 11, 2017, 05:45:16 PM »

No way dude. MSNBC is liberal as fuck. CNN is more moderate. Then there's Fox that's conservative. CNN being labeled liberal is hilarious.

There honestly is no true liberal cable news network. MSNBC has center left commentators in prime-time, center-right moderates in the morning, but about the closest you are going to get to true liberalism or leftist journalism would be finding shows like Democracy Now or left-wing internet publications.

Easily one of the strongest successess of the conservative talk radio boom and the Fox News era, aside from finally capturing almost the entire mindshare of rural white males from the economic left(after winning them over on social issues with the Southern Strategy), was the successful negative marketing campaign that has re-structured the American zeitgeist into believing that the most prominent national news outlets that typically range at most from centrist to center left are not just liberal, but dishonestly so. Successfully poisoning the well for large swaths of Americans and driving many of those outlets to over-correct because of the appearance of bias those right-wing advocacy outlets manufactured. Which itself causes people on the left to not trust that media either because they see through the veiled attempts at placating their accusers(along with the corporate push toward more cost effective Fox style sensationalism and confrontational journalism). All of which continues to polarize and muddy the political discourse and erode trust.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:51:30 PM by Nola »

FStop7

« Reply #6352 on: December 11, 2017, 06:06:40 PM »

The way they handled Bernie Sanders was a disaster.  The grassroots momentum he helped create was a dream come true for the DNC. But they alienated his supporters rather than finding ways to embrace them.  I'm not saying that Bernie would have won, but there was genuine enthusiasm and engagement and that's something you don't see happen in politics very often.

Instead we got terrible "Hillary is my abuela" tweets and other cringeworthy, insincere "hey fellow kids" levels of "generating enthusiasm."

Thank god that shining white knight is here to defend those delicate little blossoms since they clearly have no thoughts or agency of their own.  GAF/ERA's brand of "respecting women" is as fucked up and patronizing as ever.  Remember when Opiate used to delete posts of shirtless guys in the GirlGAF thread because the ladies were clearly too weak to handle their feelings without his guiding hand?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:12:34 PM by FStop7 »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #6353 on: December 11, 2017, 06:33:01 PM »
Once again I find it hilarious that the most sexless people in society (RejectEra members) have the most to say about sex and relationships.
🍆🍆

nudemacusers

« Reply #6354 on: December 11, 2017, 06:44:44 PM »

Cougars :rejoice
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #6355 on: December 11, 2017, 07:11:49 PM »
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=253109200

:crowdlaff

Lmao would rather have 1000 modbots vs whatever sperglord nonsense this is.  :lol
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nola

« Reply #6356 on: December 11, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »

I appreciate the irony that in an attempt to white knight he implicitly rests part of his argument on another Victorian social norm - and arguably more relevant and condescending in terms of the whole patriarchy and empowerment issue - that men are the default pursuer and woman the pursued and men are the default decision-maker since for him they exclusively carry the weight of shifting this norm. How the woman feel on this whole decision by the author is not even considered.

etiolate

« Reply #6357 on: December 11, 2017, 08:13:28 PM »
What happened to the bully story on reset? Am I just not seeing it?

Leadbelly

« Reply #6358 on: December 11, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »
Thank god that shining white knight is here to defend those delicate little blossoms since they clearly have no thoughts or agency of their own.

I like how he preemptively dismissed that criticism without any real logic other than "well they are part of the same system."

It also speaks to the absurdity of the social constructionist mindset. You notice how 'attraction' doesn't even come into it. They are paired together because of the system not simply because they are attracted to one another.

It's as if we're just robots that are acting purely on the instructions handed down to us by society. Sometimes we're driven and swayed by emotion.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6359 on: December 11, 2017, 08:55:24 PM »
Actually there is a really weird irony to this. He talks about how older men dating younger women is accepted in society, but the truth is, it isn't really. It depends on how old and how young. So like a 50 year old man dating an 18 year old girl is generally looked down on.

If anything it's the other way around. What really makes a relationship between a 50 year old man and an 18 year old girl wrong outside of societal norms? After all an 18 year old girl is legally old enough to do porn in which she could end up fucking a bunch of 50 year old men. lol