Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2146418 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6540 on: December 13, 2017, 07:09:31 PM »
What was done to OJ was a travesty of justice.

Greater travesty then getting off for a murder he clearly committed?

Greater travesty than fathering Khloe Kardashian?
serge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #6541 on: December 13, 2017, 07:42:13 PM »
O.J. served his time  :hitler

What was done to OJ was a travesty of justice.

No one trying to get his own property back from a bunch of thieves and who wasn't even personally carrying a weapon should have served nine fucking years.

I just glanced and the avatar, and for a second I thought this was a timu post and I was like "Why is timu defending a black guy?"  :sabu
©@©™

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #6542 on: December 13, 2017, 07:58:23 PM »
:beli  ::)

etiolate

« Reply #6545 on: December 13, 2017, 09:22:23 PM »
It's very hard for them to admit they don't know the truth, so they just virtue signal over the entire mess.

altright

« Reply #6546 on: December 13, 2017, 09:37:39 PM »
Will every post-election now have white women bashing? They're not going to stop voting Republican. Reset sure loves finding groups to hate.

Jansen

« Reply #6547 on: December 13, 2017, 09:58:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2104626/

Quote from: Ilovehotmoms
Was that member really banned for calling a  pedophile a coward ?

Not a good look

Jansen

« Reply #6548 on: December 13, 2017, 10:21:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2106072/

Quote from: Rmagnus
coward
ˈkaʊəd/
noun
a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.
I would say lacking the courage to endure the fallout of all the shit he has done makes him a coward. I fail to see any word besides coward can be use in this situation. Perhaps your command of English is better and you can enlighten me.

:salute

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #6549 on: December 13, 2017, 10:55:11 PM »
I just checked the post count for a 20 minute span.

NeoGAF = 5 posts
Reset = 563

Things are looking up!

:aweshum
Fish<

Bravotyler

« Reply #6550 on: December 13, 2017, 10:57:07 PM »
Quote from: Celestine
White women were a mistake.

I’m a white woman.

etiolate

« Reply #6551 on: December 13, 2017, 11:02:42 PM »
The return of original sin in the form of white skin.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #6552 on: December 13, 2017, 11:07:44 PM »
Some people have no sense of tact. Etiolate's right, some of these people need a Johari window and some self reflection.
每天生气

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #6553 on: December 13, 2017, 11:49:29 PM »
Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t been posting much. I got a job and don’t have time to post on internet forums much.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #6554 on: December 13, 2017, 11:58:03 PM »
Hey guys. Sorry I haven’t been posting much. I got a job and don’t have time to post on internet forums much.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6555 on: December 13, 2017, 11:58:21 PM »
:snob

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #6556 on: December 14, 2017, 12:08:07 AM »
Haha thanks

Jansen

« Reply #6557 on: December 14, 2017, 12:24:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2107810/

Quote from: LabouredSubterfuge
I think the bolded is problematic.  I of course understand the sentiment but what you're saying simply cuts off conversation and debate.  When very, very bad people kill themselves because of what they might have done, do we restrict ourselves to saying "RIP Thoughts & Prayers" because saying "It's probably for the best he's dead" might negatively affect other people with suicidal thoughts?  I can see the argument but where does one draw the line?  This does feel like a very extreme example, I'd add.

I can't believe people still fall for this dudes schtick

Clockwork5

« Reply #6558 on: December 14, 2017, 02:12:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2107810/

Quote from: LabouredSubterfuge
I think the bolded is problematic.  I of course understand the sentiment but what you're saying simply cuts off conversation and debate.  When very, very bad people kill themselves because of what they might have done, do we restrict ourselves to saying "RIP Thoughts & Prayers" because saying "It's probably for the best he's dead" might negatively affect other people with suicidal thoughts?  I can see the argument but where does one draw the line?  This does feel like a very extreme example, I'd add.

I can't believe people still fall for this dudes schtick
That entire thread is a mess. There really shouldn't be much to say; he is dead, it is an awful outcome for everyone involved and one can only hope that they can all find closure.

But no. Virtue signals start crossing paths and the "I'm glad he is dead" crowd clash with the "Stop normalizing suicide!" advocates and before two pages you have a nightmare Remedial Ethics 101 level discussion.

"Okay class, a real shitbag kills himself. Is it ethical to celebrate his death?"

Debating weather or not it is moral to celebrate the suicide of a pervert is such a strange and fruitless endeavor.

daemon

« Reply #6559 on: December 14, 2017, 02:25:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2076698/

User banned (one week, length pending review): Transphobic rhetoric and disingenuous sourcing.

:doge :doge :doge

shosta

« Reply #6560 on: December 14, 2017, 04:29:18 AM »
Gay mod calling out nonsense:

The problem with finding a biological explanation for sexual orientation is that it goes against what social studies have shown, i.e. that sexual orientation is a social construct.
I wonder how much confirmation bias happened on that research.
What kind of terrible flat-earther "studies" are you looking at. The whole "oh there are no intrinsic differences and everyone's a blank slate" thing is nonsense.
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #6561 on: December 14, 2017, 04:30:54 AM »

So.... are they suggesting they can identify and eventually 'fix' 'the gay'?

Am I off base on getting an ominous feeling from this?
Nope, that's what's happening. If this crock of shit went viral, gay people that have an older brother are gonna get berated for it and told that they wouldn't be gay if "they were born first harr harr." It's just gonna make things harder for gay people.
stay safe
每天生气

Bore Expert

« Reply #6562 on: December 14, 2017, 05:06:48 AM »
I hope evilore sues Reset for stealing the shit he originally stole.

Word is the neogaf flag mounted atop Mount Kilimanjaro is flying at half staff right now. Half staff representing evilore’s current number of employees.

:rollsafe

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6563 on: December 14, 2017, 06:15:05 AM »

So.... are they suggesting they can identify and eventually 'fix' 'the gay'?

Am I off base on getting an ominous feeling from this?

nudemacusers

« Reply #6564 on: December 14, 2017, 07:23:48 AM »
Gay mod calling out nonsense:

The problem with finding a biological explanation for sexual orientation is that it goes against what social studies have shown, i.e. that sexual orientation is a social construct.
I wonder how much confirmation bias happened on that research.
What kind of terrible flat-earther "studies" are you looking at. The whole "oh there are no intrinsic differences and everyone's a blank slate" thing is nonsense.
Just because someone has a Nintendo gaming property as an avatar does not make them gay. it’s a huge indicator, but not quite a sure thing.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6565 on: December 14, 2017, 09:28:57 AM »
This might come close to the Titanic expedition fundraiser:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/recreating-flynn%E2%80%99s-arcade

Please contribute to my GoFundMe so I can recreate Flynn's Arcade from Tron!

https://www.gofundme.com/flynns-classic-tron-arcade

In my basement on my personal property. I just need to hit $75,000.
rub

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6566 on: December 14, 2017, 10:02:04 AM »
But Flynn's Arcade has already been reproduced. At Disneyland. By Disney. :snoop

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #6567 on: December 14, 2017, 10:27:36 AM »
Gaf has now stolen the 'warning' system from Resetera.
 :lol :lol :lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=253104108&postcount=473

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6568 on: December 14, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »
Too bad there's only Tyler and his six alts having a conversation.

Himu

« Reply #6569 on: December 14, 2017, 11:25:39 AM »
How in the fuck is it legal for Disney to do all this?
IYKYK

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6570 on: December 14, 2017, 11:29:54 AM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #6571 on: December 14, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »

Media consolidation and no net neutrality. Surely mega corps have the consumers best interest at heart.
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6572 on: December 14, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »
This supreme court verdict, brought to you by Disney's Hulu (Faster on Verizon™). Try it free for 14 days!
©@©™

Leadbelly

« Reply #6573 on: December 14, 2017, 12:06:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2076698/

User banned (one week, length pending review): Transphobic rhetoric and disingenuous sourcing.

:doge :doge :doge

"If you don't find Caitlyn Jenner attractive you're an even bigger bigot".

Transphobic rhetoric and disingenuous sourcing. That's quite an incredible excuse for a ban

In terms of the 'disingenuous sourcing', that story is something else. lol
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40446396

I guess what that mod means by disingenuous is that it was a woman, who I guess identifies as a woman, pretending to be a man so that she can fuck a woman with a prosthetic penis.

If she identified as a man on the other hand, I guess everything would have been alright then. In fact the victim would have been in the wrong and actually a transphobic bigot. Just let that sink in... lol

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #6574 on: December 14, 2017, 12:29:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/psa-star-wars-fans-avoid-reddits-front-page-no-spoilers.11151/

:gddr5 :gddr5 :gddr5

Imagine giving this much of a shit about spoilers for a kids movie.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #6575 on: December 14, 2017, 01:16:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/psa-star-wars-fans-avoid-reddits-front-page-no-spoilers.11151/

I can’t, but I also haven’t seen any spoilers because I don’t read Reddit. Best of both worlds :rejoice
©@©™

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #6576 on: December 14, 2017, 01:24:35 PM »

Just wait until they push through further copyright extension laws.
serge

Leadbelly

« Reply #6577 on: December 14, 2017, 01:26:33 PM »
I just want to add something: I don't like fake breasts. There is something really off-putting by the fact they are not real. Even when they are done well, there is something slightly off about them. It is something I simply can't get past.

Now I am just talking about breasts here...

Himu

« Reply #6578 on: December 14, 2017, 01:31:03 PM »
I just want to add something: I don't like fake breasts. There is something really off-putting by the fact they are not real. Even when they are done well, there is something slightly off about them. It is something I simply can't get past.

One thing men will never experience is the amazing feeling of running a shower head with a nice water spread over your tits in the morning. It feels so good and sensitive.
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #6579 on: December 14, 2017, 01:33:48 PM »
Why do people keep saying stuff like "voting matters" in the net neutrality thread, if I remember correctly the talks of the repeal has been in the works since Obama.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6580 on: December 14, 2017, 01:35:50 PM »
Obama was the one who pushed for it in the first place, though?
dog

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6581 on: December 14, 2017, 01:37:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/accused-molester-rep-dan-johnson-commits-suicide-on-bridge-in-mt-washington.11060/

bububut era is better than the shell it emerged from!!!!!

From an article about that guy:

Stepp grew troubled by another component of the church: the weekend parties at Pope’s House.

“The first night I went up there I was like, ‘Wow… never seen a church like this before,” Stepp said.

Bikers, booze and, occasionally, bare breasts. A part-time tattoo parlor with a costume party featuring zombie nuns in short skirts.

Law enforcement saw some of this, too. State and local Alcoholic Beverage Control officers cited Johnson and the church three times between 2008 and 2015 for unlicensed alcohol sales.

Apparently, I've been going to the wrong church. :ohhh
dog

Boredfrom

« Reply #6582 on: December 14, 2017, 01:40:22 PM »

True, but I swear that I heard how was talked like the end of the world if Net Neutrality gets compromised way before 2016. Feels like a permanent corporative push that will always be there with or without republicans in power.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #6583 on: December 14, 2017, 01:45:49 PM »

I mean it's not hard to imagine people caring about one of the biggest movies ever...

Leadbelly

« Reply #6584 on: December 14, 2017, 01:47:51 PM »

One thing men will never experience is the amazing feeling of running a shower head with a nice water spread over your tits in the morning. It feels so good and sensitive.

Well, the breasts and nipples are erogenous zones for women. This also adds to the reasons why men are attracted to breasts. To touch and fondle them is sexually stimulating to women. The reason I bring this up is because of the pseudo-scientific bullshit you get in social studies classes about it being nothing more than a social construct. There was a thread on GAF about this that I remember.

Boredfrom

« Reply #6585 on: December 14, 2017, 01:53:35 PM »
What I mean, is that repealing net neutrality is Corporate America in its fullest and I cannot see either Trump or Hillary caring about this. The FCC guy may have been apointed by Trump, but it feels that there was a serious internal push way before him.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6586 on: December 14, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »
The FCC didn't have the votes to nix net neutrality with Obama in office, but they do with Trump [FCC has five seats, no more than three can be from the same party]. For what it's worth, the two Dem commissioners voted against this.
dog

Himu

« Reply #6587 on: December 14, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »

Well, the breasts and nipples are erogenous zones for women. This also adds to the reasons why men are attracted to breasts. To touch and fondle them is sexually stimulating to women. The reason I bring this up is because of the pseudo-scientific bullshit you get in social studies classes about it being nothing more than a social construct. There was a thread on GAF about this that I remember.

this also explains why i like giving blow jobs
IYKYK

Boredfrom

« Reply #6588 on: December 14, 2017, 02:28:04 PM »
The FCC didn't have the votes to nix net neutrality with Obama in office, but they do with Trump [FCC has five seats, no more than three can be from the same party]. For what it's worth, the two Dem commissioners voted against this.

That sounds rigged as hell. But yes, then is truly Trump administration fault. Never mind. Thanks for the info.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #6589 on: December 14, 2017, 02:29:05 PM »
Sam Harris blows, it's cool when pedophiles throw themselves off bridges, and fake tits should be judged on a case by case basis

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #6590 on: December 14, 2017, 02:33:07 PM »

From what I understand, Obama put Pai in the driver's seat, and Trump gave him the keys  :yeshrug

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #6591 on: December 14, 2017, 02:51:27 PM »

Meh;  perfect fake breasts are awesome.  You'll get over the weird mental block if you have enough fun with fakes. 

Bad fakes suck, but so do bad real breasts.

let's settle this in the nsfw thread please with evidence
rub

SmokyDave

« Reply #6592 on: December 14, 2017, 03:04:59 PM »

Fucking hell, I’m legitimately triggered. Gonna need some unfeasibly large and perfectly round therapy.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6593 on: December 14, 2017, 03:11:27 PM »

Meh;  perfect fake breasts are awesome.  You'll get over the weird mental block if you have enough fun with fakes. 

I'm sorry but I just can't get past them. I understand that some people can, like you, and that is perfectly fine, but me personally, I can't. It is something about the way they sit when a woman lies on her back, and the way they move when bouncing. In a way, it is like the uncanny valley effect. I notice the subtle differences.

I was mentioning it in context of why a lot of men simply can't get past the fact a transgender woman used to be a man. Especially when they still have a penis, whicch is kind of what they were speaking about in that thread. If some men can, well that is perfectly fine as well. I wish them all the best in their relationship. To judge those that can't as bigots, however, is something else.

And the person who said Sam Harris blows. As I have mentioned before, whatever he says there is usually a coherent and well reasoned argument behind it. I find it funny actually because the clip I posted was the one where he mentions how the Left get caught up in what people think rather than how people think. This is exactly what people do to Sam Harris. All they are concerned about is what he thinks. What they do not acknowledge or give him credit for is the fact that there is usually a well-reasoned argument behind what he thinks.

That said, Douglas Murray's comments on transgenderism was the reason I posted that clip. I thought they were salient to the arguments made in that thread.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6594 on: December 14, 2017, 03:18:05 PM »

Fucking hell, I’m legitimately triggered. Gonna need some unfeasibly large and perfectly round therapy.

lol

I do actually remember you are okay with them from your GAF days.

Himu

« Reply #6595 on: December 14, 2017, 03:18:48 PM »
I shouldn't be surprised that a large videogame forum would be full of corporate cocksuckers, but the RE thread on Disney acquiring Fox is all kinds of disgusting.

This is the nerd culture I was talking about the other day on Reset.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #6596 on: December 14, 2017, 03:21:38 PM »
OMG CUM. GOING TO CUM. NERD CUM. SPIDER-MAN AND MR. FANTASTIC AND IRON MAN IN THE SAME MOVIE EVEN THOUGH DISNEY PRACTICALLY NOW OWNS ALMOST ALL VISUAL MEDIA. CUM. CUM. CUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I'm a nerd taco. CUM.

"Wait, why don't you like nerds and nerd culture? Would you like to buy a Funko Pop?"

5 hours later

"Net Neutrality rescinded by FCC?! Capitalism is so evil!"
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #6597 on: December 14, 2017, 03:29:36 PM »
Outside of neuroscience Sam Harris is a dumbass on top of also an asshole.
IYKYK

Leadbelly

« Reply #6598 on: December 14, 2017, 03:32:20 PM »

And the person who said Sam Harris blows. As I have mentioned before, whatever he says there is usually a coherent and well reasoned argument behind it. I find it funny actually because the clip I posted was the one where he mentions how the Left get caught up in what people think rather than how people think. This is exactly what people do to Sam Harris. All they are concerned about is what he thinks. What they do not acknowledge or give him credit for is the fact that there is usually a well-reasoned argument behind what he thinks.

That said, Douglas Murray's comments on transgenderism was the reason I posted that clip. I thought they were salient to the arguments made in that thread.

People don't like Sam Harris because he comes off like an asshole, not because what he says is or isn't logical or well thought out.

Maybe. I recall a thread about Sam Harris on GAF where someone made a lengthy post  outlining all the things Sam Harris had said. It was very much about what he said, without grasping the reasoning used to arrive at those conclusions. It is not simply because they think he acts like an asshole for some people.

Himu

« Reply #6599 on: December 14, 2017, 03:41:49 PM »
I shouldn't be surprised that a large videogame forum would be full of corporate cocksuckers, but the RE thread on Disney acquiring Fox is all kinds of disgusting.

This is the nerd culture I was talking about the other day on Reset.

I mean sure it's cool that we might get Galactus and Dr. Doom done justice(MCU's track record with villains means probably not, though) and we might see the X-Men actually dressed up as the X-Men but that shit is small compared to everything about this deal.

Fox is a notoriously shitty studio, nobody is stanning them, but why the hell would anyone want Disney to own most of entertainment unless they're jizzwailing shills? oh my god I made a Star Wars reference, have to clap now.

Really, though. All these dorks are thinking about is more MCU. What we see is another avenue in an already oversaturated and uncreative industry bought out by possibly the most notorious franchise milker out there and these fuckers are gobbling it up.

What aren't you doing this, Exodust?

What kind of nerd (tm) are you?
IYKYK