Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174643 times)

bdoughty

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7860 on: December 28, 2017, 08:15:59 PM »
Waiting for ResetEra thread. Jesus is real!

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #7861 on: December 28, 2017, 08:18:55 PM »
what the fuck

Himu

« Reply #7862 on: December 28, 2017, 08:20:06 PM »
"white supremacist signal"

after showing a little cute black kid marching for Jesus

:rofl

I want to hug that little cutie!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7863 on: December 28, 2017, 08:22:42 PM »
That poor dude :fbm Is he okay?
IYKYK

bdoughty

« Reply #7864 on: December 28, 2017, 08:24:49 PM »

The truck was not injured, so all is good.

Found the lead up.  The cheering.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 08:29:01 PM by bdoughty »

Himu

« Reply #7865 on: December 28, 2017, 08:27:32 PM »
:( He doesn't deserve to be paralyzed or something the rest of his life because of this tom foolery.

I'm not shocked this happened in Portland. Place is liberal/leftist hell on Earth. One of my trans friends lived in Portland and has so many bad stories of the queer community there. :fbm
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #7866 on: December 28, 2017, 08:30:59 PM »
Oh, that's Patriot Prayer Group. I will never understood AntiFa focusing on them. They created a riot in the bay area when Patriot Prayer tried to have an event. The last Berkeley event they shut down was that Prayer Group. I don't get it.

Sometimes it's tough to tell a joke from real anitfa. I thought that video was a set up, but they do protest that group. Sorry that kid got hit by a truck. I told them to watch out for the red menace.

bdoughty

« Reply #7867 on: December 28, 2017, 08:32:31 PM »
:( He doesn't deserve to be paralyzed or something the rest of his life because of this tom foolery.

Himu

« Reply #7868 on: December 28, 2017, 08:34:22 PM »
This entire thing feels like a set up. I feel like I'm being worked.

I think they protest them because Patriot Prayer is pro-Trump? I didn't know the group either so I just assumed they were protesting Christianity, which is such an anti-fa thing to do.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #7869 on: December 28, 2017, 08:42:58 PM »
As far as I know, it's a pro-America Christian group based around various Churches from the west coast area. Normally AntiFa travels in larger numbers, but maybe they're on the down low due to recent legal trouble.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7870 on: December 28, 2017, 08:46:19 PM »
A one man black bloc is pretty sad

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7871 on: December 28, 2017, 08:53:02 PM »
I had someone in this country tell me I don't count as latin because I am white passing. What the hell? I wanted to shake her so hard!

Wow, I can't even at this objective call to violence. Typical alt-right to get so defensive over someone gently trying to help you be woke.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2580504/

I mean if we're at making sweeping generalizations, you Americans -on GAFERA- really seem fond of those labels. These threads always end up with terms being challenged (often by those they supposedly apply to) and the response seems invariably to move the goalposts to weird US centric racial overtones territory rather than to concede they're a bit pointless.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/2583662/

Quote from: Strangelove77
Quote from: Strangelove77
Wow, this went places.
I took OP’s definition at its easiest and most basic of US-influenced terms - brown person with dark hair who speaks Spanish. That’s it. That’s the overall term a ton of people use so that’s what I assumed.
Obviously I don’t agree fully with it since it’s technically wrong, but that’s what it is to a lot of American people and at the end of the day I don’t see why it’s offensive to anyone.

I dont know but assuming all south Americans are brown skinned with dark hair is a bit lol my Colombian born and raised Co worker is white and he's a ginger.

So it probably wouldn’t count to the op. It’s wrong, but I think that’s what he’s narrowed it down to. That’s the representation he’s asking for because it’s the least popular. Game publishers dislike it so much that they’ll throw people a bone by giving their characters a Spanish name and country of origin but still have them be white and speak perfect American English. That’s not what the op wants. It’s an obvious cop out by publishers and that’s what bothers him.

:what :confused :stop

This is the OP, BTW, you really have to stretch it to read it like that :

I haven't played many games in my life but...
I can't think of a single hispanic videogame character. Let alone one that's famous. Is there a famous hispanic video game character? Which one is the most well known? How long will it take for there to be some representation if there isnt? How much does the race/heritage of a character really matter when it comes to marketing sales? I'm full of questions today.
ὕβρις

zepblackstar

« Reply #7872 on: December 28, 2017, 09:07:22 PM »

Hip injury was the last word.

and yes, he got hit by a red van.

bdoughty

« Reply #7873 on: December 28, 2017, 09:46:38 PM »
Hip injury was the last word.

and yes, he got hit by a red van.

That was a small truck (with a camper shell), if he was hit by a van it would have been a bit more serious as his head would not have had a buffer zone.

How does one find such information about the injury? Is there some sort of Anifta website that has an Injury Report like the NFL?  Will he be put on the IR? Will be available for the next rally?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7874 on: December 28, 2017, 09:47:31 PM »
What with Brogulls ending, I’m going to try to talk Cindi into making a comic inspired by it for big Patreon bucks. I’m thinking a little twinky possum having wild sex with a buff snow crab. What do you guys think?
serge

kingv

« Reply #7875 on: December 28, 2017, 09:54:38 PM »
A few pages back people were defending Cornel West, a widely supportive figure of the ridiculous BLM, and OWS. Two horribley run and organized political activist groups that failed miserably.  b bu bu but he's a harvard professor :omg

You can agree with somebody on some things or in general but not necessarily be co-signing every statement they have ever made. Like I think Cornel West was largely right about Obama, and is largely right about Not being able to truly separate racism from wealth inequality and make meaningful progress in addressing it.

I also think both ows and BLM are kind of jokes, even if I agree with many of their goals.

Clockwork5

« Reply #7876 on: December 28, 2017, 10:59:56 PM »
What with Brogulls ending, I’m going to try to talk Cindi into making a comic inspired by it for big Patreon bucks. I’m thinking a little twinky possum having wild sex with a buff snow crab. What do you guys think?
I'll need to know the following bits of info:

What are each of their self prescribed sex AND gender identities.
Will there be any non-white Hispanic representation?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #7877 on: December 28, 2017, 11:37:13 PM »

I’m very open to working with Cindi on these things so that she’s comfortable working on it. Whichever character ends up being mine would be Hispanic.  I’d like to keep it gay if possible.
serge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7878 on: December 28, 2017, 11:49:58 PM »

Man that's a pansy version of the one I saw that gave me nightmares as a kid

Uncle

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7879 on: December 28, 2017, 11:56:02 PM »
A few pages back people were defending Cornel West, a widely supportive figure of the ridiculous BLM, and OWS. Two horribley run and organized political activist groups that failed miserably.  b bu bu but he's a harvard professor :omg

You can agree with somebody on some things or in general but not necessarily be co-signing every statement they have ever made. Like I think Cornel West was largely right about Obama, and is largely right about Not being able to truly separate racism from wealth inequality and make meaningful progress in addressing it.

I also think both ows and BLM are kind of jokes, even if I agree with many of their goals.
Yeah you can agree with somebody on some things, but i've never once seen him say anything worthwhile, ever. I enjoy watching Bill Maher and he tends to have decent guests on there at times but every single goddamn time Cornel West comes on i fucking gringe, i gringe for Bill, I gringe for the audience, I gringe for the left.

Has the guy ever come out and said he was wrong about not supporting Hilary? Or does he still believe voting for the lesser of two evils is pointless?

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #7880 on: December 29, 2017, 12:15:22 AM »

Yeah you can agree with somebody on some things, but i've never once seen him say anything worthwhile, ever. I enjoy watching Bill Maher and he tends to have decent guests on there at times but every single goddamn time Cornel West comes on i fucking gringe, i gringe for Bill, I gringe for the audience, I gringe for the left.

Has the guy ever come out and said he was wrong about not supporting Hilary? Or does he still believe voting for the lesser of two evils is pointless?
How about Adam West? Does he make you cringe?

agrajag

« Reply #7881 on: December 29, 2017, 12:46:02 AM »
no he makes him gringe

Clockwork5

« Reply #7882 on: December 29, 2017, 01:32:49 AM »

I’m very open to working with Cindi on these things so that she’s comfortable working on it. Whichever character ends up being mine would be Hispanic.  I’d like to keep it gay if possible.

Oops. I thought you were having a joke about something I obviously knew nothing about. My bad.

User Warned: Why would you make such a stupid comment about something you know absolutely nothing about. Not everything is a joke you stupid fucking goose.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7883 on: December 29, 2017, 02:48:06 AM »
All that talk of BLM being finished but I thought the last Best of the Worst was fine.
ὕβρις

kingv

« Reply #7884 on: December 29, 2017, 04:52:15 AM »
I don’t think Hillary lost because Cornel West didn’t support her.

I didn’t support her really, even in the general, even though I knew I would vote for her. She was a shitty candidate, even if she was very qualified and can hold that L without having to drag every other politician or pundit that’s ever said something unkind about her down with her. Cornel didn’t make her have the likability and personality of a paper bag.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #7885 on: December 29, 2017, 08:56:32 AM »
One time I grabbed my wife’s panties by the butt hinge and yanked them right up into her minge — oh boy, you should have seen her gringe. She gringed SO hard when I took my finge and put it in her klinge. Again she gringed and gringed and gringed.

Himu

« Reply #7886 on: December 29, 2017, 09:23:43 AM »
One time I grabbed my wife’s panties by the butt hinge and yanked them right up into her minge — oh boy, you should have seen her gringe. She gringed SO hard when I took my finge and put it in her klinge. Again she gringed and gringed and gringed.

:confused
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7887 on: December 29, 2017, 09:32:12 AM »
i too like green eggs and ham

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Rman

« Reply #7889 on: December 29, 2017, 09:52:27 AM »
Looks like RE still has a hate boner for CAH lol. Accusing them of Alt-Right dog whistling. Do these guys know that CAH were big Hillary supporters?  We need a bingo card. 

« Reply #7890 on: December 29, 2017, 09:58:49 AM »
I'm enjoying Resetera getting angry at the cancelled Rockstar game called Whore of the Orient. Them naughty words in the title are just too much.

are they mad about Whore or Orient? or both?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7891 on: December 29, 2017, 10:17:09 AM »
A bit of both, I think. The thread is still going.

Even got people calling out Resetera for being pathetic, since they would be the only ones that'd give a shit about that.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7892 on: December 29, 2017, 10:22:22 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2&a=73
Quote from: Thug1, Shower Overlord
We're making the last round of preparations for our forum platform upgrade/migration, and should be ready to go live by approximately the end of December (or first week of January otherwise). This update will bring a wealth of modernizations and quality of life improvements to the site, both at launch and ongoing. It'll be in beta initially and not fully polished, but getting live sooner rather than later will allow us to focus purely on the new platform, iterate weekly, and respond to user feedback as we go. Core features like https and post notifications will be live right away, and the ongoing iteration will be mostly about getting the site layout looking and feeling comfortably NeoGAFfy as well as developing additional new features.

Accounts and posts will absolutely carry over, so no worries there. There are just a few things to take note of:

-Your avatar will not be saved and must be re-uploaded after the update. If you'd like to keep using your current avatar, just make sure to save it somewhere externally before the update.

-If your username happens to have a comma (,) in it, the comma will be converted to a period (.). Bear that in mind when you attempt to log in post-update and replace any commas in your username credential with periods. This is not common. Other non-alphanumeric characters in usernames should not be affected.

-She's bi.

NeoGAF will go down for approximately 12-24 hours in order to convert our enormous database to the new platform, and we'll let you know the specific time window for that when we're ready. We'll also get into more details about the feature list, current and planned, as soon as we go live.

Thanks.

:woody
ど助平

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #7893 on: December 29, 2017, 10:23:13 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2&a=73
So what it took for Evilore to get off his ass and finally upgrade was to lose a majority of the user base and half his traffic.

:foodcourt

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7894 on: December 29, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »
Shots fired at bish

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=253142412

Who is Bill O Rights? And finally, locked by the elf.

Bill O Rights is EviLore.

ModBot is EviLore.

EviLore is EviLore.
MMA

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #7895 on: December 29, 2017, 11:11:54 AM »
'half his traffic'

that's generous as fuck breh
Are you calling me a liar? Do you know who I am? I have over 5000 hours volunteering for the democratic party of shitposting under my belt and my sources are legit.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I pulled "half" out of my ass, I have no idea how hard GAF's traffic dropped tbh. :-*
[close]

Himu

« Reply #7896 on: December 29, 2017, 12:25:42 PM »
Looks like RE still has a hate boner for CAH lol. Accusing them of Alt-Right dog whistling. Do these guys know that CAH were big Hillary supporters?  We need a bingo card. 

CAH? Congenital adrenal hyperplasia?
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7897 on: December 29, 2017, 12:27:31 PM »

They should take a look at the guy's twitter for a good laugh.

Cards Against Humanity, Cindi.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #7898 on: December 29, 2017, 12:27:31 PM »
Cards against humanity, I assume.

Edit: beaten
MMA

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #7900 on: December 29, 2017, 12:34:30 PM »
36 hours after posting a sticky about a very long awaited forum upgrade, and the topic, which is visible at the top of every sub-forum, has a whopping 3,800 views.

Also, given Malka's technical prowess in web development, expect a disaster of a launch and probably a full-on rollback to NeoGAF 1.0

Fish<

Himu

« Reply #7901 on: December 29, 2017, 12:37:13 PM »
Revive your party member then you scrub. Why wouldn't you want to revive them anyways? Revival means one more party member, which means a stronger team to be the boss.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7902 on: December 29, 2017, 12:41:10 PM »
Anyways hasn't CAH been considered "problematic" by liberals for a while now?
IYKYK

agrajag

« Reply #7903 on: December 29, 2017, 01:07:38 PM »
https://twitter.com/mlonpolitics/status/945809389692342272

I'm not saying rape is fine, but...

Wasn't the stated reason for most of his accusers to prevent him from holding public office?

Rman

« Reply #7904 on: December 29, 2017, 01:15:28 PM »

Nope.  It's a game that's demographic is liberal yuppies.  You won't find CAH being played at a church potluck in the Bible Belt. 

I've only seen pushback on the game on old GAF and now RE.  Quite the special community lol.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #7905 on: December 29, 2017, 01:24:08 PM »
CAH is a pretty mediocre game cause it gets old real fast, but lol at ResetEra getting angry at a bunch of Jews telling jokes about Jewish people.

Himu

« Reply #7906 on: December 29, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »
CAH is a pretty mediocre game cause it gets old real fast, but lol at ResetEra getting angry at a bunch of Jews telling jokes about Jewish people.

To be fair, South Park did the same and they now seem to regret it because they realize not all people know they're joking. Potentially dangerous territory.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7907 on: December 29, 2017, 01:41:46 PM »

Nope.  It's a game that's demographic is liberal yuppies.  You won't find CAH being played at a church potluck in the Bible Belt. 

I've only seen pushback on the game on old GAF and now RE.  Quite the special community lol.

I see. I've personally never played it. No one at my family would fuck with some of the stuff I've seen from that game. Honestly the game looks disgusting.

This is the backlash I speak of. I guess it was minimal?

https://www.dailydot.com/via/cards-against-humanity-problems/

https://www.spin.com/2016/10/cards-against-humanity-isnt-the-problem-your-social-circle-is/
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7908 on: December 29, 2017, 01:45:39 PM »
Shots fired at bish

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=253142412

Who is Bill O Rights? And finally, locked by the elf.

Bill O Rights is EviLore.

ModBot is EviLore.

EviLore is EviLore.

Somebody said that Kagari's name was red for a minute, and after it was pointed out, it went back to normal.  :doge
ど助平

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #7909 on: December 29, 2017, 01:53:25 PM »
How the fuck do you spend a YEAR working on a forum upgrade, and then still launch in "beta" with only core features?  :lol

ResetEra launched in a fucking weekend, but Malka spent ~7,600 hours working on GAF 2.0 and can't even launch properly, or even provide a date.

:neogaf
Fish<

Himu

« Reply #7910 on: December 29, 2017, 02:00:48 PM »
Yeah it's not just Jewish people telling jokes about Jewish people, they are selling these "jokes" as a game. 

Not that you can't think that's perfectly fine, but it's not the same as merely joking.

I sometimes take self pot shots too. I call myself shim for example to laugh at myself. I understand the compulsion to laugh at yourself to build yourself up.

How the fuck do you spend a YEAR working on a forum upgrade, and then still launch in "beta" with only core features?  :lol

ResetEra launched in a fucking weekend, but Malka spent ~7,600 hours working on GAF 2.0 and can't even launch properly, or even provide a date.

Reset has programmers and an actual staff. What does EviLore have? Does he still have any coders?
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7911 on: December 29, 2017, 02:08:48 PM »
The one card that wins any round in Cards Against Humanity is "African American Hitler". Even the most "disgusting" things in that game seems kinda tame compared to the shit me and my friends come up with during one of our movie evenings.

I also feel sad for people that actually get offended by a dumb game that has "A game for terrible people" written on the tin. It's like the people that got angry at that dumb Hatred game.

They would love the music by Anal Cunt.

Rman

« Reply #7912 on: December 29, 2017, 02:10:43 PM »

He's been on DOS for ages and now is uprading to Win 95 basically.  RE had a fresh start so no migration needed.  My thing, why did he take so damn long and now what forced his hand was the losing his entire userbase basically.

Himu

« Reply #7913 on: December 29, 2017, 02:26:43 PM »
The idea that he will get his userbase back by upgrading the software is delusional. Dude should have stepped down as owner by Saturday evening of the Neogaf revolt.
IYKYK

Jansen

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #7915 on: December 29, 2017, 02:44:49 PM »
People getting angry at Micheal Pachter saying that the samurai game by Sucker Punch lacks appeal. The first comment calls him a racist for some reason.

The Pachter sections of this video are the only thing I can think about when I hear his name.

Himu

« Reply #7916 on: December 29, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »
The idea that he will get his userbase back by upgrading the software is delusional. Dude should have stepped down as owner by Saturday evening of the Neogaf revolt.

What does that even mean though?

He is the sole owner of the site;  "stepping down" for whom exactly? 

Trying to sell it immediately MIGHT have been his best option, but that kind of crap takes time... and as time wore on, the problem with the forum and it's exodus-ing userbase got worse and worse.

Honestly he's still likely making good money from it due to the great SEO and history of 10's of millions of posts indexed by google that bring traffic in;  his best bet is to try to stick it out long term and rake in money while he still can.

That's what I'm saying. What is there to get? He should have sold the site as soon as his staff left in great numbers. Evilore retire bitch, right? Step down as in, sell your stake and distance yourself from the site.

Honestly, there's a lot he could have done.

Rather than shutter discussion he should have addressed the site about the accusations during the work week. Instead, he tried to censor people talking about it and made a half assed (and very much delayed) statement.

He could have done a lot of things and he did everything wrong.

There was a period when he could have sold neogaf to someone and get maybe a couple hundred thousand for it and cashed out after the accusation came to light, but he let it sit and stew and now his site is probably worth a nickel.
IYKYK

Jansen

« Reply #7917 on: December 29, 2017, 03:03:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2628728/

Quote from: pewpewtora, post: 2628728, member: 34170
I fucking hate this trend where calling something, "too japanese" is seen as valid criticism. fuck outta here with that bullshit. I mean did he see Nioh and how well that game did? How about Nier Automata?
"Too Japanese" seems like a "not enough white people" complaint.

the weebs are mad as shit and theyre not gonna take it anymore!!!  :gddr5

Averon

« Reply #7918 on: December 29, 2017, 03:22:40 PM »
Evilore did not even need to sell the joint. Give the day-to-day operations to Timan or Gromph, stop posting, sit back and enjoy the continued ad revenue. But Evilore was far to egotistical for that. He also may have need to pay an actual salary to Timan or Gromph if he was not already.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #7919 on: December 29, 2017, 03:42:44 PM »
CAH blows cuz it's edgelord madlibs, not cuz it's actually offensive. It's fisher price my first dark humor for plebs who've evidently never heard a Carlin record