Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174642 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
It's all fun and games on ERA now but just wait until the Redditors and 4chan go after everyone's favorite journalists with death threats for peddling bullshit.

Of which these idiots are fully aware by now
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/951161579839639554

What abomination is that.... is that your average resetera hugbox member? 

Leadbelly

I think I want this to be my avatar.

Purely as homage to the great Hansel.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
can we get Owen Wilson's image from zoolander added as a smiley?

Himu

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3099193/
Pepe should cry, and then blow his fucking brains out. trash racist meme characters in this glorious thread should be ban worthy

:snoop

IYKYK

paprikastaude

ooh boy, jolly Nintendo memes in the banner. This such a jolly place. See, you can have so much fun without being discriminating.

paprikastaude

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3100445/
Quote from: SweetNicole, post: 3100445, member: 15
We've decided we want to contain the insanity in this thread. We're going past 200 / 400 pages. Buckle your seat belts!

Jansen

Never let Nintendumbs run anything ever

Vertigo

Hansel has to be a mod sanctioned troll. He/she/they/them/it pushes the line on nearly every single post and nary a warning let alone a ban.

Reset Mods playing favorites already and which imbecile made BronsonLee a mod?

:hhh

Himu

Hansel owns.
IYKYK

Leadbelly

Purely as homage to the great Hansel.

We get it, you're hansel. Now shut the fuck up.

Is this a ploy to find out if I am hansel? I'm not Hansel. Okay?

Anything else you want to know while we're at it?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:08:30 PM by Leadbelly »

Jansen

From the moment reeeee went live there were mod favorites. BCT and the trans community really have to push ala himuro in order to get ban't

Leadbelly

Sounds like something he would say.

lol

I don't have the patience to keep up that pretence. Although, I did briefly entertain the thought of being Gretal. I would have been his sex crazed sister who would turn up and tell hansel to, "lighten up, sweetie".

"How about some sweet incest pussy? you know you want it!!"

Vertigo

We have our trap thread for the day. Lets see who's gong to take the bait and get 'warned'

Quote from: Ralemont, post: 3102476, member: 37354
Just to make sure people are reading the article, here's the exchange:

“I’m a woman, right,” said Willoughby. “Forget about any ‘t’s, or anything in front of it. So, on that score, you would date me, wouldn’t you?”

“Not if you told me you was trans,” Ginuwine admitted.

So yes she sexually harrassed him and that's way worse, but pertaining to the content of the discussion so far, it does seem like he wasn't attracted to her because he knew she was trans. And while I agree that this is his right as a person with control over his own body, it's along the same lines as someone who doesn't want to date a black person because they are black. If you and to what degree you find fault with that (or not) you should find fault with this.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3102476/
 :mindblown

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:30:13 PM by Vertigo »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
It's all fun and games on ERA now but just wait until the Redditors and 4chan go after everyone's favorite journalists with death threats for peddling bullshit.

If you read Karl Marx and watch CNN long enough that is what you will turn into.
🤴

Jansen

Link is fucked vertigo

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
We have our trap thread for the day. Lets see who's gong to take the bait and get 'warned'

Quote from: Ralemont, post: 3102476, member: 37354
Just to make sure people are reading the article, here's the exchange:

“I’m a woman, right,” said Willoughby. “Forget about any ‘t’s, or anything in front of it. So, on that score, you would date me, wouldn’t you?”

“Not if you told me you was trans,” Ginuwine admitted.

So yes she sexually harrassed him and that's way worse, but pertaining to the content of the discussion so far, it does seem like he wasn't attracted to her because he knew she was trans. And while I agree that this is his right as a person with control over his own body, it's along the same lines as someone who doesn't want to date a black person because they are black. If you and to what degree you find fault with that (or not) you should find fault with this.

R&B singer Ginuwine sparks outrage for not kissing trans co-star

:mindblown

"Don't let anyone tell you what to do with your own body! Except if you're a straight male."

Jansen

Thread locked before it could reach its full potential :(

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

A real piece of shit.
https://kotaku.com/xbox-one-presenter-humiliated-me-on-stage-says-transge-1421596988

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

A real piece of shit.
https://kotaku.com/xbox-one-presenter-humiliated-me-on-stage-says-transge-1421596988

What a disgusting person. She'd fit right in at Era.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
I will say almost that whole first page seemed uncharacteristically sane.

Prob why it was locked.  Paints a trans person in a negative light and would've generated a ton of valid bans based on their past judgments.  Whole first page are candidates.
Uncle

Himu

There is a massive issue with this line of argumentation. It's really problematic to shame people for their sexuality.

Saying you're not attracted to trans people in itself isn't a transphobic statement. I'm barely attracted to white dudes. I simply do not find them attractive. I wouldn't call someone inherently racist for thinking black women aren't attractive either. What matters in these cases is the context of the statement being made. "I don't find trans people attractive". Okay, fine. That's much different from,"Trans people are disgusting and I don't find them attractive."

Ginuwine seems to have acted like a gentleman about all this. She definitely sexually harassed him.
IYKYK

stufte

I will say almost that whole first page seemed uncharacteristically sane.

Prob why it was locked.  Paints a trans person in a negative light and would've generated a ton of valid bans based on their past judgments.  Whole first page are candidates.

I had a Era bannable post ready to go but they locked it before I could post it. Something about how I can absolutely choose not to date a trans person because they're trans. Deal with it, etc.

stufte

"I don't find trans people attractive". Okay, fine. That's much different from,"Trans people are disgusting and I don't find them attractive."

"Women are disgusting and I don't find them attractive" - Some gay guy

Problematic, or nah?

paprikastaude

Link is fucked vertigo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/r-b-singer-ginuwine-sparks-outrage-for-not-kissing-trans-co-star.15516/

Edit:

Dookakke dox: https://www.resetera.com/threads/r-b-singer-ginuwine-sparks-outrage-for-not-kissing-trans-co-star.15516/#post-3101846

This really is dangerous territory. SweetNicole has already made it clear that not being sexually attracted to trans people is transphobia.

That's what I was reminded of too. Better lock it up before anyone questions the hypocrisy  :lol

Himu

"I don't find trans people attractive". Okay, fine. That's much different from,"Trans people are disgusting and I don't find them attractive."

Problematic, or nah?

Problematic because it becomes misogynistic in that gay guy sorta way where they describe vaginas as ugly sorts of things, or where they start to refer straight couples as "breeders". Even fun, campy gay phrases like "fishy" are fucked up when you think about it because they are based around the idea that vaginas are fishy, stinky orifices. You can find something unattractive and not be nasty about it. I see it no different than calling gays fudge packers.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

Problematic, or nah?
My blaze of glory will be when I ask the fairies if they want to fuck Donald Trump and if not they're FAT SHAMING and FATPHOBIC  :doge

It will be glorious.
🤴

Acosta

And there goes the lock!

I doubted it could be possible but Resetera has managed to make a more stupid, reactionary and restricve offtopic than Neogaf. Bravo.

kingv

If I met Laura Kate dale on the street I’d be uncertain what gender she was too.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendoera-what-if-the-real-direct-is-the-friends-we-made-along-the-way.13513/

270 page thread of Nintards hyping themselves up for an announcement of a direct that never comes.

Nintendo, not even once.

18k posts in 10 days. I see the full nintard crew moved to ratratata.

STFU Sonypony, it's 23k now :umad

paprikastaude

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendoera-what-if-the-real-direct-is-the-friends-we-made-along-the-way.13513/

270 page thread of Nintards hyping themselves up for an announcement of a direct that never comes.

Nintendo, not even once.

18k posts in 10 days. I see the full nintard crew moved to ratratata.

STFU Sonypony, it's 23k now :umad

How many of these posts ask why the faux insiders in their mod/admin team and "friends of rera"-list were full of shit once again?

Billy Big Bollocks

I actually wouldn't mind if there was more proactive locking like that, but more even handed though obv.  The size of GAF and era was not always conducive to good browsing of threads, with hundreds of people posting the exact same thing page after page.

But it's blatantly been locked that early because a transwoman said something not great, as opposed to someone who it has been deemed acceptable to show disdain for.

Himu

Stuffte are you really asking if it's okay to call specific kinds of people disgusting if you don't find them attractive just because you're not attracted to them? What if I called white men disgusting because I'm not attracted to them? Would that be okay? (That's not why I'm not attracted to white men, just giving an example).
IYKYK

Cravy

Hansel has to be a mod sanctioned troll. He/she/they/them/it pushes the line on nearly every single post and nary a warning let alone a ban.

Same one who will make Bobby a mod.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3046506/
This user is banned for this post (3 days): Sexism argumentation.
I'm not the one saying it. I'm just saying that we shouldn't be selective in which women we listen to. Amy Henning, for example, said the game industry was a wonderful place of opportunity where she never experienced harassment or discrimination. She said "I may just be oblivious, and if so that tactic has worked for me" and that the internet was making the industry seem like a more sexist place than it was. It is the internet rhetoric which was keeping young women out of gaming, not the industry itself. I've seen Henning crucified for saying that, but you know, what if she has a point?

When I worked at Treyarch in the early 00's, they employed a handful of women that were all in positions of power. Project lead, lead artist, head of HR, technology lead. They would all have lunch together (which my wife was invited to a few times) and talk about women in the game industry. They complained mostly about a lack of women and not having more women to talk to, and not about harassment or discrimination. But this was about 15 years ago. The dialogue around women in the game industry was very different back then.

I don't think the industry suddenly became more sexist. I really don't. I just think that there has been a shift in the political landscape over the past decade, where before people would look at the lack of women in the game industry and arrive at one conclusion, while now they look at the exact same lack of women in the game industry and arrive at a different one. The problem hasn't changed, just the explanation of it - and the current explanation has a zero percent chance of actually solving the problem. If anything, the prevalence of sexism claims is leading to less women in the industry and fewer women in computer science.

Amazing.

"The tech industry. Gross.  :yuck"

"I actually work in the industry and it's not that bad in my experience.  :larry"

"DISSENT?? DESCENT!! "

:dead

stufte

Stuffte are you really asking if it's okay to call specific kinds of people disgusting if you don't find them attractive just because you're not attracted to them? What if I called white men disgusting because I'm not attracted to them? Would that be okay? (That's not why I'm not attracted to white men, just giving an example).

Nah, I just like the debate(*see: argument). I don't think anyone should be nasty to anyone else.  :-*

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Girls are gross and have cooties.

stufte

Girls are gross and have cooties.

Middle school boys are the most problematic things on this earth.

tummyfat

Ted Danson ingratiates himself with the herd

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3106920/

Vertigo

Quote from: Mighty Chin, post: 3106037, member: 18805
Lynch Him

:crazy

etiolate

believe women is a nonsense stance to take

as is disbelieve women

They are not deities seeking your faith. You listen to women. They report a crime and the appropriate people investigate.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Statistically false allegations rarely happen so the unlucky few are just fucked. It's better to ruin the lives of a few innocents than tarnish the movement with skepticism.

:ussrcry

Vertigo

Same one who will make Bobby a mod.

His definitely angling for a mod spot.

Statistically false allegations rarely happen so the unlucky few are just fucked. It's better to ruin the lives of a few innocents than tarnish the movement with skepticism.

I'm actually scared.

FStop7

Anyone who says something like this deserves to have their life ruined.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

Not sure if sincere, but I seem to be great at coaxing people into saying really dumb stuff.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
I like how people are allowed to preemptively judge anyone because hey, this isn't a court room we don't have any actual power etc. but then anyone who dismisses the allegation is instantly the reason why victims don't speak up.
So does the public opinion have power or not? Pick one

tummyfat

I love that the Michael Douglas thread is acting flabbergasted over people suggesting evidence is needed and saying it doesn't matter because Resetera is just a powerless internet forum when the first post in the thread is literally calling for the formation of a lynch mob

EDIT: Weird

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Leadbelly

Quote from: Mighty Chin, post: 3106037, member: 18805
Lynch Him

:crazy

Reading the posts in this thread I do wonder if at any time in their lives this argument will click:

Well the difference is I could say you sexually harassed me, and your career would be destroyed based on one persons words.

I'm not saying ignore them, but believing everyone at face value has it's issues too.

And bobby's post:
Educate me on how the off-topic side of a gaming forum is practically indistinguishable from a court of law.

A mere accusation will destroy your life in a multitude of ways, but heh, it's not a court of law, so nothing to worry about. The thing is though, this isn't entirely true either. Creating a culture where the accuser must always be unquestionably believed could affect the accused right to a fair trial. You are colouring the accused with guilt before the case has even started. You simply cannot guarantee it would not leak into proceedings especially in high profile cases.

If we were to talk about the lynching of black people accused of raping white women in the South, lets say in the 1930s, they would get it. Of course the black person is guilty. Of course the white woman is telling the truth. ;)

Himu

I could have sworn on GAF you made a thread about cutting all white people out of your life, but then made a post in a dating thread about only dating white men.

I definitely cut white people out of my life. That was a mistake propelled by hatred and bigotry. I never said I only dated white men, though. You must have gotten me mixed with someone else. I don't find white men attractive at all, and even had an argument in BCT about this because they're attracted to every race under the sun while I'm mostly about niccas.
IYKYK

Himu

I know for a fact I would never say I only date white men and anyone who remotely knows my taste in men knows you're saying straight up ducktales rn.

IYKYK

stufte

Ducktales you say?

Himu

Get off my cheeseburger dick, Stro. You keep acting like a man baby regarding me. What is your problem?
IYKYK

Himu

Ducktales you say?

There can only be one.

IYKYK

Himu

He's white, and wants to get on that cheeseburger dick.

IYKYK

Tokyosandblaster

I know for a fact I would never say I only date white men and anyone who remotely knows my taste in men knows you're saying straight up ducktales rn.
what does straight up DuckTales right now even mean?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
TheBore : Good enough white men.  :pitbull
ὕβρις

etiolate

518 pages for anticipation