Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174672 times)

BadAss2961

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10920 on: January 18, 2018, 10:09:54 PM »
They should have just sent up a donation page and call it a day. The group of people who don’t want ads will just use Adblock. The group of people who genuinely want to help the site was just limited to giving $4 a month. It’s terrible for everyone involved

I PMed similar suggestions to admins months ago, including just a donation cork board where you pay what you want to have an image be posted on a virtual cork board for a week to make things fun. They asked for them, they asked for PMs, but I didn’t even get a reply.

Like the monthly plan is Reddit Gold pricing, and maybe that’s acceptable as a proven forum, but going for that tier from the start limits them and makes little sense.

I even suggested a java bitcoin minor like some sites use, as an opt-in option. 2 mods I talked to, one who no longer is a mod, thought they were great ideas, but I still never got a reply back from an admin.

I’ll see what happens later in February. I always want to give people the benefit of the doubt, at least I try to. The truth of the matter is, there are a lot of good people on that community.
Just a donation page would've been a legitimate 'for the community' type of move, but the plan was always to get money. All cynics could see the hustle coming from a mile away when Tyler got coup'd (that shit was organized lol). The Reset team is about to make some pretty good coin off a community that's always had a lot of impressionable, desperate, and vulnerable people.

Can't really hate though since I would've done the same thing... I don't know if I would've had the balls to offer a subscription plan with charges like i'm running Playstation Network, but I would've hustled.

Announcing the plan only like 9 hours in advance was also suspect. GOP taking notes on how to rush a bill.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #10921 on: January 18, 2018, 10:11:23 PM »
Huelen, who is your favorite ERA member besides Cindi and who is your least favorite
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #10922 on: January 18, 2018, 10:16:14 PM »
why do I keep reading these comics

I need a new game to play.

Also, I love the moral of the last one "The furry community accepts me for who I truly am, someone who has to dress up and pretend to be something else to fit in."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:21:46 PM by etiolate »

Pwnz

« Reply #10923 on: January 18, 2018, 10:30:40 PM »
Some of this era moderation is getting beyond ridiculous. That energy could be better served with angry github open source code reviews.

Boredfrom

« Reply #10924 on: January 18, 2018, 10:35:55 PM »
Seems that the moderation team is taking cues from Gaf regarding time zones.

Hot Slice

« Reply #10925 on: January 18, 2018, 11:00:10 PM »
Huelen, who is your favorite ERA member besides Cindi and who is your least favorite
Well...

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:05:39 PM by Hot Slice »

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #10926 on: January 18, 2018, 11:02:42 PM »
^ holy shit thats huelen?

Hot Slice

« Reply #10927 on: January 18, 2018, 11:03:31 PM »
And woke as fuck. I'm them, and that’s good. I will never not be them, and that’s not bad. There’s no one I’d rather be, than me. Yeah, that flows better.

How y’all doing? I respect you fellow iPad user.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10928 on: January 18, 2018, 11:06:16 PM »

Also, I love the moral of the last one "The furry community accepts me for who I truly am, someone who has to dress up and pretend to be something else to fit in."

sigh

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #10929 on: January 18, 2018, 11:06:57 PM »
For whatever reason, threads I make or even participate in get a lot, and I mean a LOT of views. Why would I aid in any money making for an unproven community currently in a state of flux. I will wait, see what happens after the honeymoon period is officially over to see if decent people outweighs bullies. Until then, I think I made a first...

https://pastebin.com/NFybrnby
[/hide]

Threads you make get a lot of views, but you're quitting the forum for a month because no one responded to your star trek xmas thread. You are one special egg huelen

Hot Slice

« Reply #10930 on: January 18, 2018, 11:09:27 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

daemon

« Reply #10931 on: January 18, 2018, 11:09:46 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #10932 on: January 18, 2018, 11:10:48 PM »
And woke as fuck. I'm them, and that’s good. I will never not be them, and that’s not bad. There’s no one I’d rather be, than me. Yeah, that flows better.

How y’all doing? I respect you fellow iPad user.

Glad to see you’ve joined us, brother. I gotta ask though; why do you continue to post as Lime?

agrajag

« Reply #10933 on: January 18, 2018, 11:13:14 PM »
Huelen do you support President Trump?

Hot Slice

« Reply #10934 on: January 18, 2018, 11:14:50 PM »

Glad to see you’ve joined us, brother. I gotta ask though; why do you continue to post as Lime?
I've been lurking for years, and y'all made a good impression on me in October, so I drop by every few weeks or so. As far as online communities go, /sthg/ is my main home. Been a 4Chan regular for a dozen years. It’s sad, and amazing at the same time that it’s overall th beset, most accepting community I have ever been in.

As for Lime, I am not Lime. I have no idea who the heck Lime is. I still think Lime is a troll. I have never made any alt accounts for any community, period. I always try to follow TOS because posting in communities is a privilege, not a right.
Huelen do you support President Trump?
Not particularly. Like most every other candidate in the 2016 election, Democrat, republican, or 3rd party with the exception of like maybe 2 people period (one of which was Canadian, lol), I carefully considered all of them (why not? More people to force myself to make an informed decision about). Didn’t end up voting for him at any rate, and I don’t see why people are so obsessed over it; I’m an independent.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:23:41 PM by Hot Slice »

agrajag

« Reply #10935 on: January 18, 2018, 11:24:14 PM »
I vaguely remember you sticking up for Trump a lot early last year and getting a lot of shit for it on GAF

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10936 on: January 18, 2018, 11:32:23 PM »
Huelen not sure if you had seen discussion earlier, during the shift from gaf to reset there was a pastebin going around that was allegedly written by you and strongly implying that you were Lime all along.

But then a little bit later Lime got doxxed and appears to be real and not a troll.

I assume it was someone trying to delegitimize Lime and get them on a progressive watchlist.
Uncle

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10937 on: January 18, 2018, 11:34:37 PM »
Why are we just letting Heulen post on The Bore like that's a perfectly normal thing?
dog

agrajag

« Reply #10938 on: January 18, 2018, 11:34:57 PM »
Uhh that didn't disprove Lime being a troll

agrajag

« Reply #10939 on: January 18, 2018, 11:35:23 PM »
Why are we just letting Heulen post on The Bore like that's a perfectly normal thing?

Seems rather benign tbh

Hot Slice

« Reply #10940 on: January 18, 2018, 11:35:48 PM »
I vaguely remember you sticking up for Trump a lot early last year and getting a lot of shit for it on GAF
I am an independent and open-minded, and I never vote based on party affiliation, so I considered everybody minus 2 or so candidates. Of course I talked about musing candidates like everyone else. I really wanted Sanders though, not gonna lie about that, but lots of people wanted him too. Hell, I wanted Sanders to win so much that for a week or so, I became a Democrat just to vote him in the primaries. I guess I’m... odd to politics? Honestly, don’t know, don’t care any more. I have realized not everything is for everyone, and if politics aren’t for me, so be it.

Huelen not sure if you had seen discussion earlier, during the shift from gaf to reset there was a pastebin going around that was allegedly written by you and strongly implying that you were Lime all along.

But then a little bit later Lime got doxxed and appears to be real and not a troll.

I assume it was someone trying to delegitimize Lime and get them on a progressive watchlist.
I have no idea about that. I can’t control what people think, but I don’t troll and I certainly don’t doxx. I have no clue who Lime is. All I will say is that they were immediately the first person I put on my ignore list on ResetEra.
what is normal any more? After the drama and shit we’ve all seen over the years, am I right? I drop by every few weeks, but I can leave if Demi and the rest feel it would be better that way. After all, I respect this forum. I have stated prior that I am a fan of free speech-ish forums, which is part of the reason why I respect this one.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:41:17 PM by Hot Slice »

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #10941 on: January 18, 2018, 11:35:59 PM »
Cause we apparently need Huelen to help us learn our Furry and Cuck lore. :doge
que

kingv

« Reply #10942 on: January 18, 2018, 11:36:45 PM »
Who the fuck is Huelen? Like why would we know him/her/zim, other than being doxed as Lime?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10943 on: January 18, 2018, 11:37:50 PM »
Uhh that didn't disprove Lime being a troll

I guess not but they were sure going out of their way to keep up appearances on the off-chance they got doxxed.
Uncle

agrajag

« Reply #10944 on: January 18, 2018, 11:39:02 PM »
I say we trade Assimilate for Huelen, send his ass to Era

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10945 on: January 18, 2018, 11:39:19 PM »
After reading that narcissistic delusion, I'm so glad you were banned.
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10946 on: January 18, 2018, 11:39:46 PM »

Probably the same as Chappelle at that time: "Give him a chance."

Edit: Answered.

thisismyusername

« Reply #10947 on: January 18, 2018, 11:41:07 PM »

At least it isn't Novid or Creepy Stalker.

Huelen is basically:

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10948 on: January 18, 2018, 11:43:00 PM »
:dead

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10949 on: January 18, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »
huelen is okay by me cause he's (they're?) wacky and a star trek fan. but if you call the new movies 11, 12, or 13 i'm gonna lose my shit so just don't do that and we're cool.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10950 on: January 18, 2018, 11:57:28 PM »
Huelen can suck my dirty hog bareback

etiolate

« Reply #10951 on: January 18, 2018, 11:57:55 PM »

holy shit

why is he peeking in the window? :lol

schlurp schlurp

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #10952 on: January 19, 2018, 12:07:44 AM »

holy shit

why is he peeking in the window? :lol

schlurp schlurp

https://www.ohjoysextoy.com/cuckolding/

Just try to resist.
sigh

etiolate

« Reply #10953 on: January 19, 2018, 12:19:14 AM »
These comics are amazing.

Going to get a lot of use out of this.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #10954 on: January 19, 2018, 12:27:07 AM »
Have they made a comic about Soyboys yet?  :doge

etiolate

« Reply #10955 on: January 19, 2018, 12:29:22 AM »
https://www.ohjoysextoy.com/puppyplay-alex-reeder/

"Some folks call it pup space -- which is a form of subspace!"

:badass

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #10956 on: January 19, 2018, 12:43:51 AM »
Keep posting Huelen, you are a national treasure. God bless you.

Tasty

« Reply #10957 on: January 19, 2018, 01:08:26 AM »
Hey Huelen,

Post outside this thread.

Don't be one of those people.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Citizen

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #10958 on: January 19, 2018, 01:14:51 AM »
There is a massive quality decline in Tarantino's work after Jackie Brown.

SIS  :respect

JB might be his best overall movie but I can totally understand why it's so underrated. It's actually grounded compared to the rest.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #10959 on: January 19, 2018, 01:17:30 AM »
ResetEra is back up.

:whatisthis

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Was tempted to name that emoticon "Resetera."  :doge
[close]

Meanwhile, Ad/ublock remain undefeated  :dead

thisismyusername

« Reply #10960 on: January 19, 2018, 01:34:39 AM »
But for real: Clowning aside, I don't mind Huelen posting here. Just so long as he keeps his creepy Sonic fandom to himself.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10961 on: January 19, 2018, 02:33:57 AM »
ResetEra is back up.

[close]

$40 a year?! :rofl
dog

jorma

« Reply #10962 on: January 19, 2018, 04:16:18 AM »
I wouldn't even pay that much to shitpost about resetera on here...

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #10963 on: January 19, 2018, 06:25:12 AM »
I wouldn't even pay that much to shitpost about resetera on here...

I don't even know how i got into this hobby.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #10964 on: January 19, 2018, 06:36:41 AM »
The best part of Era Clearasil or whatever is called is that Evilore is prob hating on it so hard that he didn't do that shit.

Isnt Huelen that Nintard?

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #10965 on: January 19, 2018, 07:34:16 AM »
Y'all are sleeping on that Finale Fireworker thread.

The only defense I really have is that P.T.’s gender study is about men - particularly fathers. It’s easy to give P.T. the benefit of the doubt with a feminist reading because there’s no conclusion. It’s all set up and exposition and it doesn’t have the opportunity to transform into a different statement. Taking P.T. at face value, the game is very critical of toxic masculinity and punishing towards patriarchal constructs. But it’s very possible this perspective could have shifted or been muddled in a longer game with a more explicit story.

A game that attempted to absolve the main character, for example, would have been pretty problematic. With just P.T., we have a main character who’s an insidious, but human, villain. A game that tried to cast this same character as a hero wouldn’t have been successful and sent some grisly signals.

But we don’t really know. Maybe this would have been more of a Del Toro story than a Kojima story and it wouldn’t have had any of the issues contemporary Kojima projects have.

That guy isn't autistic.  It honestly reads like someone who is schizophrenic and/or a meth addict.

Huelen's threads on GAF were dumb autistic verbal diarrhea but at least they're not pushing a political/social agenda, so whatever.  I'd rather see more threads about freaking out how the Geek Squad "ruined" your ipad by touching it than post #65475 why Dave Chappelle is a literal real life Nazi.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10966 on: January 19, 2018, 07:44:31 AM »
ResetEra is back up.

[close]

$40 a year?! :rofl

What About Ad Block?

We hope that you will consider whitelisting us. We've gone to great lengths to ensure that our ads will be safe, unintrusive, and inoffensive. That said, we will not ban you for using an ad blocker. Just try not to brag about it; that's rude not just to us but also to the paying subscribers.

Taking bets on when the first ban for mentioning adblock happens.
ど助平

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #10967 on: January 19, 2018, 07:55:16 AM »
How is it rude to the paying subscribers? The money they give is a donation, if they gave a shit about ads they'd just use adblock for free and save $40.

If anything not being able to talk about Adblockers is rude to me, the typical user.

paprikastaude

« Reply #10968 on: January 19, 2018, 08:13:24 AM »
"We hope that you will consider whitelisting us."

:shaqc

Coax

« Reply #10969 on: January 19, 2018, 08:31:13 AM »

Era, we need to talk: 'whitelist' vs 'blacklist' problematic terminology

Where's the parody thread urges topic when you need it.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10970 on: January 19, 2018, 08:34:39 AM »
that's true why is the "white" list the good one
Uncle

paprikastaude

« Reply #10971 on: January 19, 2018, 08:46:18 AM »
And where's the yellow list!?

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #10972 on: January 19, 2018, 08:57:27 AM »
Only AsiaERA gets to yellowlist the site

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10973 on: January 19, 2018, 09:03:25 AM »
All lists are blacklists when you're blind
Uncle

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #10974 on: January 19, 2018, 09:17:24 AM »

Era, we need to talk: 'whitelist' vs 'blacklist' problematic terminology

Where's the parody thread urges topic when you need it.

I have a mail filtering appliance that used to use terms whitelist and blacklist.

It's block/safelist now.
rub

FunSlower

« Reply #10975 on: January 19, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »
What up HUELEN

Can you find a way to bring HolyBaikal back?

Also so what was the skinny on Lime? Was zhe actually based outside of America, or in the Midwest like zhe claimed both ways? What was the actual truth?

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #10976 on: January 19, 2018, 09:21:16 AM »
huelen is okay by me cause he's (they're?) wacky and a star trek fan. but if you call the new movies 11, 12, or 13 i'm gonna lose my shit so just don't do that and we're cool.

A “Star Trek fan” who considers the Abramsverse the best Trek ever?

:donot
MMA

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #10977 on: January 19, 2018, 09:36:18 AM »
Huelen can you please explain to me — in exacting detail — why Sonic should not have green eyes?

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #10978 on: January 19, 2018, 09:39:00 AM »
Huelen can you please explain to me — in exacting detail — why Sonic should not have green eyes?

It's blue arms, get it RIGHT
rub

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10979 on: January 19, 2018, 09:45:02 AM »
What up HUELEN

Can you find a way to bring HolyBaikal back?

Also so what was the skinny on Lime? Was zhe actually based outside of America, or in the Midwest like zhe claimed both ways? What was the actual truth?
Are you asking thebore.com for assistance in doxxing a member of another forum?
Uncle