Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174325 times)

etiolate

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #11581 on: January 21, 2018, 10:31:51 PM »
No, my life is over

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #11582 on: January 21, 2018, 10:40:02 PM »
When Brianna Wu comes out 40 years from now on her death bed I better get unbanned.

agrajag

« Reply #11583 on: January 21, 2018, 10:45:19 PM »
Wait so pointing out that a transgender person is transgender is a transphobic, banable offense? :lol

agrajag

« Reply #11584 on: January 21, 2018, 10:46:06 PM »
Also wtf is deadnaming

Boredfrom

« Reply #11585 on: January 21, 2018, 10:47:21 PM »
Wait so pointing out that a transgender person is transgender is a transphobic, banable offense? :lol

She has not come out, being fair. Then again, she plans to run for public office.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #11586 on: January 21, 2018, 10:47:22 PM »
Also wtf is deadnaming

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/deadname

"To refer to someone who has changed their name by their previous name."

So basically: calling Caitlyn Jenner "Bruce Jenner" would be deadnaming.

agrajag

« Reply #11587 on: January 21, 2018, 10:49:01 PM »
Could one of you change your avatar?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #11588 on: January 21, 2018, 10:50:05 PM »
Nope. :-*

I'm not sure how Transhuman thought that post was gonna fly. I am surprised they went straight for a perma instead of like a month or something.

Are you really surprised? Isn't Sweet Nicole transgender? Or she's really supportive of that cause.

Boredfrom

« Reply #11589 on: January 21, 2018, 10:56:12 PM »
Nope. :-*

I'm not sure how Transhuman thought that post was gonna fly. I am surprised they went straight for a perma instead of like a month or something.

Are you really surprised? Isn't Sweet Nicole transgender? Or she's really supportive of that cause.

Wu burned a lot of good will. Look that Trojita called her a moron without repercussion.

Old Gaf was done with her before the Exodus. So is surprising that people still shill for her as someone make a thread about a interview with her a week ago.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #11590 on: January 21, 2018, 11:01:34 PM »

She has not come out, being fair. Then again, she plans to run for public office.

From what I understand, ideally a trans person should not have to call themselves trans, or would not want to have to identify as trans.  They feel like their gender and want to be referred to as their gender.  Saying you're trans puts an asterisk on that and then you're expected to get into fights and be an activist and have certain opinions and all that.

So I understand wanting to avoid all that.  But I have a feeling if her career goes any further it's going to be harder and harder to deny it, and Reset is going to ban a lot of people for posting public knowledge.  People will be like "it's great to have another trans ally in public office" and they'll have to act all shocked and appalled and ban every time, for progressive positive posts.
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #11591 on: January 21, 2018, 11:05:12 PM »

Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11592 on: January 21, 2018, 11:08:03 PM »

Well honestly I expected to get get warned for posting off-topic, because Brianna Wu being trans has nothing to do with Chelsea Manning, but I felt a need to address what excel said. I didn't think I was being transphobic in the least. She was correcting Trojita for correctly stating that Wu is trans. I'm pretty sure Trojita is trans too (they were pretty active on trans thread on gaf?) so her instructing Trojita to ignore what is public record because Wu wished it weren't is just insane.

Excellsior's post that I was labelling Wu trans based on appearance is super fucked up. I don't know if that was her being disingenuous to get me banned, or just her leaping to extremes.

agrajag

« Reply #11593 on: January 21, 2018, 11:10:21 PM »
I thought trojita was a little dog

agrajag

« Reply #11594 on: January 21, 2018, 11:12:47 PM »
I don't care what she wants to identify as, in a conversation about her with other people you should be able to call a spade a spade without tiptoeing around it. It's ridiculous.

Boredfrom

« Reply #11595 on: January 21, 2018, 11:17:35 PM »

Well honestly I expected to get get warned for posting off-topic, because Brianna Wu being trans has nothing to do with Chelsea Manning, but I felt a need to address what excel said. I didn't think I was being transphobic in the least. She was correcting Trojita for correctly stating that Wu is trans. I'm pretty sure Trojita is trans too (they were pretty active on trans thread on gaf?) so her instructing Trojita to ignore what is public record because Wu wished it weren't is just insane.

Excellsior's post that I was labelling Wu trans based on appearance is super fucked up. I don't know if that was her being disingenuous to get me banned, or just her leaping to extremes.

She wanted you banned, she used the “is a GG conspiracy” so people didn’t comment further. Some Gaf mods and users used to post on an anti-GG subreddit where Wu was mod for a short period (until kicked out).

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11596 on: January 21, 2018, 11:32:07 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Stewart have to be the most overhyped "young female celebrities" ever. Though I have to admit, Shake it Off is a great song, Lawrence was great in Winter's Bone, and.... something positive about Kristen Stewart.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #11597 on: January 21, 2018, 11:33:41 PM »
Does this mean you can be banned for homophobia for implying (joking or not) Lindsey Graham(?) is homosexual because of the way he speaks?
bent

hampster

« Reply #11598 on: January 21, 2018, 11:57:05 PM »
Kimishima's Nintendo Switch is truly the most diverse platform.
The setup:
(Image removed from quote.)

Of all the switch stuff I've seen over the past year, this pic is the most appealing

Sitting up in bed is for suckers, I want one of these
Zzz

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #11599 on: January 22, 2018, 12:01:15 AM »
Does this mean you can be banned for homophobia for implying (joking or not) Lindsey Graham(?) is homosexual because of the way he speaks?

Depends on if they're particularly mad at Lindsey Graham at that moment for something he said or voted on, or if someone just sort of brings it up out of the blue. If it's the former, there is no gay stereotype joke that is over the line. You can imply that he wears leather assless chaps and sucks dick in truckstop bathrooms as he bug-chases across America and you wouldn't get banned.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11600 on: January 22, 2018, 12:01:25 AM »

It's more like being accused of being homophobic for referring to Peter Thiel as a gay man right after Gawker reported he was gay. Outing people is a douchey thing, but once it's on the public record, insisting people pretend they don't know is so fucked.

(The situations arn't completely analagous as Thiel insists it wasn't a closely guarded secret he was gay, but it definitely wasn't something that had been touted to the public before the Gawker article)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11601 on: January 22, 2018, 12:27:03 AM »
are we done with Transhuman's living wake yet
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #11602 on: January 22, 2018, 12:30:37 AM »
He's channeling his inner Dennis

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #11603 on: January 22, 2018, 12:41:51 AM »
Discussing LGBT on REoGaf  :wag

agrajag

« Reply #11604 on: January 22, 2018, 12:45:28 AM »
Meanwhile ShowerGAFFE has posts from early December on the first page of OT  :neogaf

agrajag

« Reply #11605 on: January 22, 2018, 12:56:06 AM »
 GAF is a gator forum now, much like Stormfront, 4chan and thebore.com  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #11606 on: January 22, 2018, 12:56:17 AM »
GAF itself is gonna be the new Opa/Bore/NeoFeg/etc., full of bitter banned people from the more popular board. That's so fucked up. :lol

Himu

« Reply #11607 on: January 22, 2018, 01:02:25 AM »
lmao at gaf becoming a place for people to bitch about being banned from Era. That's fucking hilarious. :lol
IYKYK

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #11608 on: January 22, 2018, 01:11:09 AM »
Yeah. At least have the decency to get banned from both and come to thebore to bitch like I did.

Himu

« Reply #11609 on: January 22, 2018, 01:11:35 AM »
I can just imagine EviLore trying to tell the masses of gaf to not shit on Era.

"Guys, guys! Don't badmouth Reset Era. I hate them too but we can't make this site about that!" or whatever. :lol
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #11610 on: January 22, 2018, 01:14:05 AM »
Does Evi even post anymore lol?

nudemacusers

« Reply #11611 on: January 22, 2018, 01:18:57 AM »
Things will turn around when the new forum software launches q1 2017
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #11612 on: January 22, 2018, 01:19:55 AM »
In other news freenudemacusers1’s gaf account does not yet appear to be approved
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #11613 on: January 22, 2018, 01:24:35 AM »
Word is that Dennis is alive and well. One wife, two kids. Works in insurance brokerage. He does pub trivia every Monday with his two friends, Dex and Terry. Sometimes he wonders what it would have been like to stay at the bore, but those thoughts don't last long. He just put a down payment on a new car. His daughter is four. She wants to be an astronaut someday. His son is six. He just learned how to program.

"Dennis," his wife calls. He walks into the room.
"What is it?"
"I found this in one of the drawers. Do you know what this is?" She hands him the picture.
"Oh, nothing," he laughs, "Just old memories."

每天生气

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #11614 on: January 22, 2018, 01:33:41 AM »
Dennis is a cuck.

Cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck.

agrajag

« Reply #11615 on: January 22, 2018, 01:36:01 AM »
Ah, that's my boy Hemingway. I'll never forget the time he went rogue and we had to bust him out from a prison in an undisclosed Central American country during Clinton's Powder Wars. The boy could shoot a haji's head clean off from a thousand yards, the best sharp shooter I've ever met. No wonder the CIA recruited him for mercenary work during his teens. They only paid us in training and ammo. Great guy. Strong as a horse. A little unstable though, I always knew he had a few screws loose. That really takes me back.

daemon

« Reply #11616 on: January 22, 2018, 01:48:00 AM »
It's crazy that GAF is becoming a place to shit on ERA. Really fucking ridiculous. :lol

full of nazis, right wings and gators, what do you expect?  :doge

daemon

« Reply #11617 on: January 22, 2018, 01:55:22 AM »
It's crazy that GAF is becoming a place to shit on ERA. Really fucking ridiculous. :lol

full of nazis, right wings and gators, what do you expect?  :doge
It was a shitpost based on these posts
lmao at gaf becoming a place for people to bitch about being banned from Era. That's fucking hilarious. :lol
GAF itself is gonna be the new Opa/Bore/NeoFeg/etc., full of bitter banned people from the more popular board. That's so fucked up. :lol
:doge :doge :doge

I was following the shitpost, like my master taught me.

Now the real question is:

if ERA is neogaf and neogaf is now thebore, then thebore is voat and voat is... what?

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #11618 on: January 22, 2018, 03:18:03 AM »
That's not how that works. Someone isn't trans just because you think they look it.

I never said or implied that and I think it's disgusting excelsior did. When Gawker said Peter Thiel was gay, the public knew Peter Thiel was gay. It didn't just suddenly become true when he acknowledged it.

There's a fucking Medium article talking about Brianna Wu being trans, do I just pretend the public record doesn't exist?

Permed too. Wow.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/chelsea-manning-cautionary-tale-of-not-chilling-with-alt-righters-if-you-want-plausible-deniability.17945/page-8
Wow. 

This isn't a good look.

To be fair, you were posting in bad faith. I always knew you were a secret GamerGater/Alt-Righter/Russian sympathizer. Not surprised.

Cheeseburger Shark. I'm literally shaking.

Bad optics. I guess that's the hill you wanted to die on.

Bye.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11619 on: January 22, 2018, 03:18:53 AM »
Why did this thread blow up overnight. What have you guys done.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #11620 on: January 22, 2018, 03:27:56 AM »
Quote from: excelsiorlef
Manning is literally just an embodiment of chaos.
:lol :lol :lol

Literally

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11621 on: January 22, 2018, 03:59:06 AM »

Literally

Guess it sounds better than "for real".
ὕβρις

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #11622 on: January 22, 2018, 04:14:09 AM »
Why isn't anyone talking about clear-era? Only 39.99 for ad free reset era!

Premium quality ads for everyone else...

Cerium money train begins

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11623 on: January 22, 2018, 04:38:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3596563/

ERA explains anarchism. :expert
Added bonus : just below a few posts of blowing their gasket over Bannon claiming he borrowed some ideas to Lenin.

Getting boogie vibes here

:noooo
ὕβρις

Raist

« Reply #11624 on: January 22, 2018, 05:31:24 AM »

Literally

:ohhh

Raist

« Reply #11625 on: January 22, 2018, 06:25:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3598418/

Define "white Swedes" please.

:lol

Himu

« Reply #11626 on: January 22, 2018, 06:44:48 AM »
FYI anarchism isn't the belief in full on anarchy. It's more like a belief in communalism more than anything else.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:34:45 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11627 on: January 22, 2018, 07:34:38 AM »
FYI anarchism isn't the belief in full on anarchy. It's more like a belief in communialism more than anything else.

Thank you but I think I'll rather take my opinion from worldwide esteemed and the modern day Agora that is ResetERA.
:snob
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #11628 on: January 22, 2018, 07:41:42 AM »
Wait, Brianna Wu is not Transgender?

I... Hmmm, ok

Edit: of course she can identify as whatever she wants, or not be out either, but a bit weird that Excel instantly implies that only some GGer would think that

Himu

« Reply #11629 on: January 22, 2018, 09:39:39 AM »
FYI anarchism isn't the belief in full on anarchy. It's more like a belief in communialism more than anything else.

Thank you but I think I'll rather take my opinion from worldwide esteemed and the modern day Agora that is ResetERA.
:snob

Okay. :fbm
IYKYK

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #11630 on: January 22, 2018, 10:45:02 AM »
Everyone is trans and not at the same time. Transsexual mechanics etc.

Leadbelly

« Reply #11631 on: January 22, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »

Well the word most fitting is 'ironic'. I've never seen an example of irony more fitting in my life. lol

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #11632 on: January 22, 2018, 11:00:46 AM »
Wait, Brianna Wu is an attack helicopter?!
que

Leadbelly

« Reply #11633 on: January 22, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »

His other posts in that exchange:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3598606/

Lol what the hell. "Nordic blood"? What am I even reading.

And here it comes...

We all know what he's actually trying to ask. Come on. Please teach me how I'm not a white Swede even though I'm white and a Swedish citizen. Talking about "blood" is straight up nazi shit and I'm not having it.

The guy was simply asking whether the increase in violence was due to immigrants or native swedes. Yet, it seems even asking the question gets greeted by huge suspicion.

"He said 'white swedes'. What he really means is the pure Aryan race and that everyone else are sub-humans".

The best thing to do is to not even respond to people like that.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #11634 on: January 22, 2018, 12:17:39 PM »
The likelihood of Kevin Spacey and John Travolta being gay was an acceptable thing to discuss for years (and was confirmed true for the former). There's nothing wrong with being gay ofc. The shocked responses at implying Wu is trans really give offs a weird signal. Don't they *want* more trans people with power? Is there controversy about things like that because it implies Wu isn't a very convincing looking trans woman?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #11635 on: January 22, 2018, 12:22:17 PM »
Is there controversy about things like that because it implies Wu isn't a very convincing looking trans woman?
probably considering how hideous Wu is.

EightBitNate

« Reply #11636 on: January 22, 2018, 12:26:57 PM »
Is there controversy about things like that because it implies Wu isn't a very convincing looking trans woman?
probably considering how hideous Wu is.

Yeah that's probably why people make the assumption but I'm just trying to get into the heads of those who are appalled at the assumption.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #11638 on: January 22, 2018, 12:31:02 PM »

His other posts in that exchange:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3598606/

Lol what the hell. "Nordic blood"? What am I even reading.

And here it comes...

We all know what he's actually trying to ask. Come on. Please teach me how I'm not a white Swede even though I'm white and a Swedish citizen. Talking about "blood" is straight up nazi shit and I'm not having it.

The guy was simply asking whether the increase in violence was due to immigrants or native swedes. Yet, it seems even asking the question gets greeted by huge suspicion.

"He said 'white swedes'. What he really means is the pure Aryan race and that everyone else are sub-humans".

The best thing to do is to not even respond to people like that.

I mean it may just have been clumsiness but qualifying it as "white Swedes" is weird and potentially charged. Using "Swedes" (or the more precise "Swedish citizens") was as meaningful and served the exact same purpose without any racial tones. The whole "native X" (for instance over here it's often "Français de souche", "souche" being a tree strain and to be understood if translated as "roots") is, without any doubt, used as an euphemism in xenophobic rhetoric in Europe and it muddies the water of a perfectly fine legal & simple definition of whether you hold citizenship or not. AFAIK, for most European countries, the vast majority of legal citizens will have been born and raised there.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:35:55 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

EightBitNate