Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174201 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13621 on: February 02, 2018, 07:46:41 AM »
Y’all should try kuemmerling.

:-X

Germanbore take the L.
Bitters were conceived as medicine, then marketed as digestifs. The only people I've ever seen drink it with gusto are middle aged women during Karneval. :I

You're the ones who adopted Jägermeister as something you chug at parties, so I suggest we just share that L and call it even. :doge

thetylerrob

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #13622 on: February 02, 2018, 08:12:44 AM »
All this talk of gin and no one expressed their love of the negroni?

(Image removed from quote.)

I'll will gladly drink these until I vomit on myself and pass out.
I would never drink something with such a problematic name. Irish car bombs are dope though.

nudemacusers

« Reply #13623 on: February 02, 2018, 08:57:23 AM »
Y’all should try kuemmerling.

:-X

Germanbore take the L.
Bitters were conceived as medicine, then marketed as digestifs. The only people I've ever seen drink it with gusto are middle aged women during Karneval. :I

You're the ones who adopted Jägermeister as something you chug at parties, so I suggest we just share that L and call it even. :doge
True, plus you gave us doppelbock so we good  :playa
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #13624 on: February 02, 2018, 09:09:09 AM »
Jägermeister came to greater international attention particularly through the work of Sidney Frank, who ran an American liquor import company. He promoted the drink at the youth and student market, as a drink for parties, a quite different niche to its traditional conservative brand position in its native market.[7] New York magazine quoted a market research firm as describing him as a 'promotional genius' for making "a liqueur with an unpronounceable name...drunk by older, blue-collar Germans as an after-dinner digestive aid...synonymous with 'party'."
:american

Jägermeister's ingredients include 56 herbs, fruits, roots, and spices, including citrus peel, licorice, anise, poppy seeds, saffron, ginger, juniper berries, and ginseng.[11] These ingredients are ground, then steeped in water and alcohol for 2–3 days. Afterwards, this mixture is filtered and stored in oak barrels for about a year. When a year has passed, the liqueur is filtered again, then mixed with sugar, caramel, and alcohol.
good god no wonder it tastes like it does

had never investigated the actual process before

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #13625 on: February 02, 2018, 09:14:43 AM »
Jägermeister  :lawd
bent

nudemacusers

« Reply #13626 on: February 02, 2018, 09:34:27 AM »
This is all I can think of when jagermeister is discussed

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

archie4208

tummyfat

« Reply #13628 on: February 02, 2018, 11:09:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rose-mcgowan-gets-into-argument-with-trans-woman-at-book-signing.20699/

What's the over/under on number of bans and warnings in this brand new thread?

agrajag

« Reply #13629 on: February 02, 2018, 11:28:45 AM »
Quote from: Ross62
These videos are.... problematic to say the least.

Close the thread, what more needs to be said?

agrajag

« Reply #13630 on: February 02, 2018, 11:30:43 AM »
but wait there's more!

Quote from: hydrophilic attack
sigh disappointing

another milkshake duck

agrajag

« Reply #13631 on: February 02, 2018, 11:33:23 AM »
Quote from: Chmpcalypse
Did she say or imply that trans women aren't women (untrue given the science, trans women are women)?

social science?

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13632 on: February 02, 2018, 11:34:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-onion-mocks-comic-book-readers-who-whine-about-diversity.20618/

4 pages and counting of people trying to justify the shit-hot writing that's been coming out of Marve for the last 3 years or so.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13633 on: February 02, 2018, 11:36:03 AM »
Thing about puritanism. It always turns on itself.
que

agrajag

« Reply #13634 on: February 02, 2018, 11:39:22 AM »
Mock a celebrity for having a "nervous breakdown" when getting heckled at a public event while having nervous breakdowns yourself when your favorite online forum shuts down brehs

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #13635 on: February 02, 2018, 11:42:19 AM »
I'm surprise Rose didn't suffer a broken arm from patting herself on the back so hard.
que

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #13636 on: February 02, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »

it's funny when people can't even express what's bad about it. All feelings, no logic.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13637 on: February 02, 2018, 12:02:23 PM »
As it was on GAF, that thread has started off with relatively sane, sensible replies.

But wait..!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rose-mcgowan-gets-into-argument-with-trans-woman-at-book-signing.20699/#post-4075944
KetKat has sniffed out the thread and is ready to derail this train. Can excelsiorlef be far behind?

nudemacusers

« Reply #13638 on: February 02, 2018, 12:05:35 PM »

it's funny when people can't even express what's bad about it. All feelings, no logic.
It’s just minimal effort post & run bait... had thought that reset staff would be better about sniffing those out; there’s a handful of poster who do it regularly. Pretty obviously so.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #13639 on: February 02, 2018, 12:12:58 PM »
Entertainers are just strippers with better PR. They are just as emotionally fucked up and will exhibit bizarre behavior in their personal lives. Yet we all act shocked when it happens.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #13640 on: February 02, 2018, 12:16:16 PM »
Entertainers are just strippers with better PR. They are just as emotionally fucked up and will exhibit bizarre behavior in their personal lives. Yet we all act shocked when it happens.

I dunno, i kinda expect them to be fucked up.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #13641 on: February 02, 2018, 12:19:19 PM »
You think Harvey ever made Rose McGowan do a strip show for him?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i am probably going to hell for that
[close]

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #13642 on: February 02, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »
Rose's point is this: women have to deal with sexual harassment from their teens all the way into adulthood. That's not something that most 65 year old men have ever had to deal with.

There's some shit that ciswomen deal with, and there's some shit transwomen have to deal with. Thinking their advocacy needs are identical is counterproductive.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #13643 on: February 02, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »
Rose's point is this: women have to deal with sexual harassment from their teens all the way into adulthood. That's not something that most 65 year old men have ever had to deal with.

There's some shit that ciswomen deal with, and there's some shit transwomen have to deal with. Thinking their advocacy needs are identical is counterproductive.

Reminds me of this picture:

Your problems are going to be simply different on how people perceive you. I imagine a transgender women that no one can identify as transgender has also a different set of problems than one where it's more obvious.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #13645 on: February 02, 2018, 01:00:42 PM »
So that’s a kinda vague title, but it’s intentional. What we are looking for is layered:

1. Games set in Africa - This is the most obvious one, but we are specifically not looking for games where the indigenous population is slaughtered by some non native influence. So no, Resident Evil 5 is not an acceptable answer.

2. Games with an African Main Protagonist - A little harder to fulfill as I want main protagonists. I will accept games with custom characters IF AND ONLY IF said custom character creator has viable African features in it. I will also require pictures of said characters as proof of making a viable African protagonist, specifically showing hair, nose, etc.

3. Games made by African Developers - they do exist after all

4. Games that could be set in Africa - Two acceptable answers. First, games that frequently change settings that could have a viable entry in Africa; for example, Assassin’s Creed (don’t @ me about Origins) or Pokémon. Second, games that could be reconceptualized in an African aesthetic; for example a Metroidvania in Africa or a Devil May Cry in Africa.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-history-month-2018-african-games.20707/

Maybe it's just me, but putting down this many hard rules for a thread is kind of funny.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #13646 on: February 02, 2018, 01:04:23 PM »
How is this transphopic?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4078945/

Some mods just want to prove they're the fastest gunslinger in the west.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #13647 on: February 02, 2018, 01:05:47 PM »
If the games are the same quality as Nollywood and Ghallywood movies, I'm all for it. No budget, more charm than Hollywood movies.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️

Cravy

agrajag

« Reply #13650 on: February 02, 2018, 01:28:10 PM »
How is this transphopic?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4078945/

Everything is transphobic.

everything is sexist, everything is racist, everything is homophobic, and you have to point it all out to everyone all the time.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #13651 on: February 02, 2018, 01:43:45 PM »
No one cares beyond "thoughts and prayers". I don't even care to that point.

You can try and be the black sheep on social issues to inspire change but chances are you are destined to fail and just whine about it due to personal discomfort. Such a waste of energy.

« Reply #13652 on: February 02, 2018, 01:45:24 PM »
Marvel comics are doing fine you guys, they're great and they're selling well, everything that tells you otherwise is an alt right lie

Ignore the fact that singular manga outsell the entire output of marvel and DC comics IN THE WEST. Everyone knows manga is also an alt right creation

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #13653 on: February 02, 2018, 01:48:27 PM »
One Punch Man is my favourite Marvel.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #13654 on: February 02, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »
I feel like that quote is isolated out of a greater context, but i'm not going to buy a book to find out.

Her point is that cis feminism is different from trans feminism, which is not much different from saying black feminism is different from white feminism. Each has different focus points.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4079860/

Don't stack the landing, don't stack the landing.... -he stacked the landing.

Clockwork5

« Reply #13655 on: February 02, 2018, 01:54:35 PM »
Marvel comics are doing fine you guys, they're great and they're selling well, everything that tells you otherwise is an alt right lie

Ignore the fact that singular manga outsell the entire output of marvel and DC comics IN THE WEST. Everyone knows manga is also an alt right creation

Marvel still makes comic books?

Clockwork5

« Reply #13656 on: February 02, 2018, 01:56:26 PM »
I feel like that quote is isolated out of a greater context, but i'm not going to buy a book to find out.

Her point is that cis feminism is different from trans feminism, which is not much different from saying black feminism is different from white feminism. Each has different focus points.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4079860/

Don't stack the landing, don't stack the landing.... -he stacked the landing.

:lol :lol :lol

Clockwork5

« Reply #13657 on: February 02, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »
I think RE found their slogan.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4081574/

there are no good people, only bad people who haven't been found out yet

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #13658 on: February 02, 2018, 02:04:01 PM »
I think RE found their slogan.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4081574/

there are no good people, only bad people who haven't been found out yet

I actually agree. Probably far worse shits than Amirox hiding on that forum.

tummyfat

« Reply #13659 on: February 02, 2018, 02:16:03 PM »
Predictably, SweetNicole is going on a ban spree in that Rose McGowan thread

And now all the backseat mods are quoting posts they want banned
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:21:21 PM by tummyfat »

Clockwork5

« Reply #13660 on: February 02, 2018, 02:26:33 PM »
So the argument the trans woman made is,

A) Trans women are women too. How dare you say trans women are not like real women on Ru-Paul's show.

Rose's response is basically "I fight for all women."

But then the trans women backpedals and her argument changes to.

B) But trans women are not just women, we are different and must not be lumped together with cis women. We need to be specifically mentioned when talking about women's issues.

To which Rose responds by saying "I am not from your planet."

This is a crystal clear example of the Catch 22 when debating trans issues with the more militant wing of the trans movement (the wing which is the most vocal and has all but defined the trans movement in recent years.) When one treats them as a woman they claim they are different, face different challenges and have different needs than cis women (which I think is true) But when one stands up for a cause important to "Women" the transmilitants feel excluded and do not understand why a straight, cis, woman would not become their messenger or advocate.

Thier identity is so convoluted with intersectionalities that either A) they are legitimately beyond confused and cannot see their own identity is riddled with fallacies or B) they are arguing in bad faith.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:35:23 PM by Clockwork5 »

parallax

« Reply #13661 on: February 02, 2018, 02:29:01 PM »

keep pushing special snowflake lame duck characters that noone cares about, lame ass events that theyll eventually roll back on, and mishandle popular characters and be suprised when things start to tank.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13662 on: February 02, 2018, 02:37:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rose-mcgowan-gets-into-argument-with-trans-woman-at-book-signing.20699/page-5#post-4080798
I like how there's always some veiled reference to the great trans genocide.  :doge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rose-mcgowan-gets-into-argument-with-trans-woman-at-book-signing.20699/page-6#post-4082447
The second liberals as a whole care about transpeople on a level beyond being another vote they can use is the day I stop complaining about them. Til then? Nah.
Everyone hates the libruls
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:41:30 PM by Nintex »
🤴

nudemacusers

« Reply #13663 on: February 02, 2018, 02:44:45 PM »

Can someone ban tummyfat I get the impression he wants to be transphobic
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

tummyfat

« Reply #13664 on: February 02, 2018, 02:45:59 PM »

Can someone ban tummyfat I get the impression he wants to be transphobic
Demi would never ban tummyfat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13665 on: February 02, 2018, 02:49:26 PM »
The Gutter_Trash ban is one of legends.

He/she(?) says something like: "Well trans people don't have to suffer from male power abuse!!!"

Dogile of undecdided gendesr: "LIKE HeLL WE DoN'T!"

Gutter Trash: "I meant, not the power abuse from hetero-sexual males"

Dogpile of undecided genders: "What? Are you SAYING trans can't HETEROSUXAL?"

Nicole wacks with the ban hammer
🤴

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #13666 on: February 02, 2018, 02:49:55 PM »
The comic book industry has shrunk considerably in the last decade. If they suddenly decided to shift their focus back to traditional stories and away from the supposed "SJ W" type books that racists and white dudes on the net lampoon... they would still sell about the same.

So what you have are a bunch of whiny harassers on the internet yelling at and blaming women in the industry because they have to look at POC and queer characters now and it triggers them oh so much.
nat

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

etiolate

« Reply #13668 on: February 02, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »
or the s j w writing was cringe and comic fans have been looking at an assortmentt of superheroes for years and think turning Cap America into a nazi is gayer than Andy's alcohol cabinet

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13669 on: February 02, 2018, 02:57:57 PM »
The comic book industry has shrunk considerably in the last decade. If they suddenly decided to shift their focus back to traditional stories and away from the supposed "SJ W" type books that racists and white dudes on the net lampoon... they would still sell about the same.

So what you have are a bunch of whiny harassers on the internet yelling at and blaming women in the industry because they have to look at POC and queer characters now and it triggers them oh so much.
you're a parody of a poster dude.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #13670 on: February 02, 2018, 03:14:48 PM »
you're a parody of a poster dude.

If you think comics are bad because the writing is bad, that's whatever. that's completely subjective. but if you think comics are bad because SJ W vipers have infested the ranks and are trying to destroy it from within, you're a fucking idiot. I'm not claiming you're either, but those people DO exist and are the currently harassing creators and saying stupid shit like "stop putting politics in mah comix" when what they REALLY mean is "I hate women, blacks, queer people and they don't deserve time in my little hobby"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 03:20:23 PM by fistfulofmetal »
nat

etiolate

« Reply #13671 on: February 02, 2018, 03:21:18 PM »

son, it's trash

Aegis.exe

« Reply #13672 on: February 02, 2018, 03:22:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rose-mcgowan-gets-into-argument-with-trans-woman-at-book-signing.20699/page-5#post-4080798
I like how there's always some veiled reference to the great trans genocide.  :doge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rose-mcgowan-gets-into-argument-with-trans-woman-at-book-signing.20699/page-6#post-4082447
The second liberals as a whole care about transpeople on a level beyond being another vote they can use is the day I stop complaining about them. Til then? Nah.
Everyone hates the libruls

This is kind of the issue with ERA in a couple posts. Both of these things are legitimate issues, but it's kind of presented as some big persecution yelling point at all times when it's not appropriate I think.

SG-17

« Reply #13673 on: February 02, 2018, 03:22:26 PM »
All I can say anymore is LOL.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #13674 on: February 02, 2018, 03:24:10 PM »
lmfao, classic fistful. fuck off mate i'm not even going to bother talking with you if this is the poison you want to build a conversation on. 

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #13676 on: February 02, 2018, 03:29:58 PM »
You guys should read that new Squirrel Girl comic.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #13677 on: February 02, 2018, 03:34:25 PM »
lmfao, classic fistful. fuck off mate i'm not even going to bother talking with you if this is the poison you want to build a conversation on.

Give me a break. My post is quite literally directed at the people who are factually harassing creators because of their warped view on things. They poison the pot for everyone else. Same shit that happened in the video game industry during gamergate.
nat

etiolate

« Reply #13678 on: February 02, 2018, 03:38:23 PM »
STAWP HARASSSING ME FISTFUL

[MRA BULLSHIT, REQUEST FOR QUANTITATIVE DATA, VERIFYING CLAIMS, ASKING FOR EVIDENCE]

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #13679 on: February 02, 2018, 03:39:28 PM »

Give me a break. My post is quite literally directed at the people who are factually harassing creators because of their warped view on things. They poison the pot for everyone else. Same shit that happened in the video game industry during gamergate.

Gross.