Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174769 times)

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #14100 on: February 05, 2018, 05:04:58 PM »
Meanwhile on Neogaf:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/revisiting-when-the-left-turns-on-its-own-from-back-in-june-2017-and-healing-neogaf-off-topic-in-2018.1460712/page-8#post-253177352

Which required this response from an admin who totally is not Evilore.

Evilore offered explanations for why things happened the way they did. He's apologized for the way the forum became. He's since taken several actions to help ensure this forum gets back on track. He's not omnipresent or all knowing, he's human and makes mistakes and is doing what he can. I don't know what else anyone could reasonably expect him to do but I can tell you that berating someone trying to set things straight helps no one.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your vacation from this forum. Perhaps you should have seen that coming with your astounding hindsight vision.

:lol :lol :lol

agrajag

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #14101 on: February 05, 2018, 05:08:54 PM »
Meanwhile on Neogaf:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/revisiting-when-the-left-turns-on-its-own-from-back-in-june-2017-and-healing-neogaf-off-topic-in-2018.1460712/page-8#post-253177352

Evilore offered explanations for why things happened the way they did. He's apologized for the way the forum became. He's since taken several actions to help ensure this forum gets back on track. He's not omnipresent or all knowing, he's human and makes mistakes and is doing what he can. I don't know what else anyone could reasonably expect him to do but I can tell you that berating someone trying to set things straight helps no one.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your vacation from this forum. Perhaps you should have seen that coming with your astounding hindsight vision.

Evilore? Who is Evilore? My name is Bryler Mlaka.

Himu

« Reply #14102 on: February 05, 2018, 05:10:10 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/askphilosophy/comments/7vgtod/can_animals_consent_to_sex/

Can animals consent to sex?

To me is obvious that animals can consent to sex ( indeed I would say that they consent to each other ) but then people make the comparassion to children, which I think is no way the same situation but I cant quite explain why.
So, what do philosophers have to say about bestiality and zoophilia that goes beyond aesthetical disgust?[

:kobeyuck
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14103 on: February 05, 2018, 05:17:24 PM »
Meanwhile on Neogaf:

So Thug1, Shower Overlord interacts with the guy and he doesn't get banned...but then some "random mod" comes in and does it instead?
:neogaf
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 05:23:03 PM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #14104 on: February 05, 2018, 05:21:45 PM »
Man, Kingdom Come has the mods fired up.

Considering how much the game aims for realism, I wonder if the "put out" stat for women will vary depending on who they are and what their status is
User banned 7 days: Misogyny

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4183935/

Also sounds like they're planning something

Please remain civil while engaging in this thread. We will make clear our policy on Kingdom Come at a later time.

Got another announcement of an announcement.

I am stepping into this thread to clarify a few things.

We won't be banning discussion on this game.

Discussion on all aspects of the game, including the political beliefs of the creator(s) can be discussed in this thread. We won't be banning people for that.

We are working on a clear policy on controversial games such as this one that we can apply not only to this game, but future games like it. We will communicate this policy to you, the community, when it is finished.

Please get this thread back on topic. If you have questions, please PM them to me rather than continuing to derail this thread.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4197693/

Tasty

« Reply #14105 on: February 05, 2018, 05:22:13 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/askphilosophy/comments/7vgtod/can_animals_consent_to_sex/

To me is obvious that animals can consent to sex ( indeed I would say that they consent to each other ) but then people make the comparassion to children, which I think is no way the same situation but I cant quite explain why.
So, what do philosophers have to say about bestiality and zoophilia that goes beyond aesthetical disgust?[

:snoop

agrajag

« Reply #14106 on: February 05, 2018, 05:22:38 PM »
Evilore has clearly denutted himself (but not demodded)

agrajag

« Reply #14107 on: February 05, 2018, 05:27:44 PM »
Why do they need so many official policies, are they the church of scientology?

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #14108 on: February 05, 2018, 05:29:50 PM »
I'm glad we got some mod direction on Red Dead Redemption 2 (which I will not talk about) but can we get some clarification on Kingdom Come?  Can I be banned if it shows up on my steam wishlist or if someone catches me playing it?

The Bore mods are the best. Thank you for allowing me to make this post. Love this community. Please don't hurt me. Thanks.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14109 on: February 05, 2018, 05:34:52 PM »
I'm glad we got some mod direction on Red Dead Redemption 2 (which I will not talk about) but can we get some clarification on Kingdom Come?  Can I be banned if it shows up on my steam wishlist or if someone catches me playing it?

The Bore mods are the best. Thank you for allowing me to make this post. Love this community. Please don't hurt me. Thanks.

Go buy something wholesome like an issue of Hustler.  Don't get caught with that Kingdom Cum Come smut.
:ufup
ど助平

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14110 on: February 05, 2018, 05:39:19 PM »
TheBore: Our trans members were trans before it was cool. And our homo-eroticism 100% real and unironic.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 05:43:50 PM by I'm a Puppy! »
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14111 on: February 05, 2018, 05:41:01 PM »

Look, I'm just sayin that if you saw the way that cat looked at me, you wouldn't be asking about whether animals can consent or not. Just sayin' :trumps
que

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #14112 on: February 05, 2018, 05:41:02 PM »
Meanwhile on Neogaf:

Evilore? Who is Evilore? My name is Bryler Mlaka.

He couldn’t even avoid using the snarkass last line. Wow.

J Tourettes

« Reply #14113 on: February 05, 2018, 05:43:23 PM »
Honestly, I really don't see anything racist or especially transphobic in those tweets. Racism I can see if you flagrantly ignore all context, but transphobic? Are trans people really so fragile that a stupid joke about helicopters triggers the majority of them, then it is no wonder so many people in the LGBT community want to exile the T.

Also! Poland is a great country. The women there have some of the biggest tits on Earth, statistically speaking.

I found them to be bigger in Hungary.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14115 on: February 05, 2018, 05:49:18 PM »
BEEG RUSSIAN TEE-TEES   :doge

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/26/big-boob-map-biggest-boobs-world-breast-size_n_1456565.html

Making the Light Red be second-smallest and Dark Red be the biggest is so dumb, it makes me doubt the veracity of this map.
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #14116 on: February 05, 2018, 05:50:35 PM »
Not surprisingly Sweet Nicole shuts down the subnautica thread once people start discussing the firing and how resetera had a part in that. Fucking disgusting.

Sound like that will attract a lot of developers to sign to the site.

tuna_love

« Reply #14117 on: February 05, 2018, 05:59:12 PM »
replacing the f1 grid girls with children seems like an idea resetera would approve of

Boredfrom

« Reply #14118 on: February 05, 2018, 06:09:46 PM »
replacing the f1 grid girls with children seems like an idea resetera would approve of

except they're actual, 3d children, not anime children, so i doubt they're too excited about it

Amirox dude...

nudemacusers

« Reply #14119 on: February 05, 2018, 06:11:02 PM »
BEEG RUSSIAN TEE-TEES   :doge

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/26/big-boob-map-biggest-boobs-world-breast-size_n_1456565.html
Sadly due to the rising obesity rates worldwide beeg teetees usually just means hambeast  :-X
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14120 on: February 05, 2018, 06:20:49 PM »
As the individual in question is no longer working on the game, this thread appears to have run its course.

Good fucking grief  :lol :lol :lol

Raist

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #14122 on: February 05, 2018, 06:50:05 PM »
As the individual in question is no longer working on the game, this thread appears to have run its course.

Good fucking grief  :lol :lol :lol

Might as well have written: since we successfully got this guy fired it's time to move on to the next target

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14123 on: February 05, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »
*shrug*

What the guy chose to say online got him fired. 

Not my style to boycott or complain but shit happens.

Number of controversial words I've said online associated with my real name: 0
Career:  Healthy
You post on the bore. It's only a matter of time until Benji doxxes you.
que

Raist

« Reply #14124 on: February 05, 2018, 07:05:23 PM »
*shrug*

Whatever you say Cerium.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #14125 on: February 05, 2018, 07:26:38 PM »
Don’t post in gender threads guys, Jesus.

There’s so much pleasant shitposting you can do in other threads.

That's like saying don't post in threads on reee.  All their threads are transgender, even if they don't all start out that way.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14126 on: February 05, 2018, 07:54:34 PM »
Don’t post in gender threads guys, Jesus.

There’s so much pleasant shitposting you can do in other threads.

That's like saying don't post in threads on reee.  All their threads are transgender, even if they don't all start out that way.

even if they don't all start out that way

those threads didn't suddenly change, they were ALWAYS trans threads, even if they weren't comfortable sharing it early on
Uncle

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14127 on: February 05, 2018, 07:56:29 PM »
Do we need to be exposed to the thoughts of every moron that watched the super bowl?
User Warned: Thread whining

What an Orwellian society they've foisted upon themselves.
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #14128 on: February 05, 2018, 08:03:42 PM »
Meanwhile on Neogaf:

So Thug1, Shower Overlord interacts with the guy and he doesn't get banned...but then some "random mod" comes in and does it instead?
:neogaf

totes not a sock puppet account for evilore

El Babua

« Reply #14130 on: February 05, 2018, 08:16:21 PM »
*shrug*

I think trying to get someone fired is some weak shit, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over this guy considering the stuff he posted.  :yeshrug

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Of course, this isn't gonna help him reconsider and most likely have him harden those stances.  :doge
[close]

Rahxephon91

« Reply #14131 on: February 05, 2018, 08:20:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/moderation-i-thought-we-were-supposed-to-be-better-than-the-old-land-here.21349/

Mods help!!!
I like how the thread replies are pretty much "shut up, don't discuss this. The forum is perfect".

I don't agree with the "problems with moderation should be voiced in private" thing. It kind of goes against the idea of transparency and it's hilariously ironic that resetera doesn't get that.  You should be able to voice problems with the staff and you should be able to do it publicly so the staff is held accountable. Doing it this way leads to the staff seemingly having more power. "said something about the mod team, well here's a warning!". Ok well I guess as a user I'm now less inclined about saying it and it's not like if I do it in public the staff is under more obligation to face the challenge. It's quite funny how the staff is already turning into what they disliked about Gaf.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #14132 on: February 05, 2018, 08:43:13 PM »
Personally I wanna see this on Reset.

(Image removed from quote.)

You found excelsiorif's twitter account!
sigh

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #14134 on: February 05, 2018, 09:51:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/moderation-i-thought-we-were-supposed-to-be-better-than-the-old-land-here.21349/

Mods help!!!

dumb thread to make but damn there are so many users ready and willing to ride mod cock

Hey now, that's very disrespectful – you have no idea if SweetNicole is pre-op or post-op.

Bore Expert

« Reply #14135 on: February 05, 2018, 09:59:46 PM »

Mods help!!!

dumb thread to make but damn there are so many users ready and willing to ride mod cock

Hey now, that's very disrespectful – you have no idea if SweetNicole is pre-op or post-op.

Lobotomy? Post-op

:success

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #14136 on: February 05, 2018, 10:01:49 PM »
 :reeeee

:lol :lol :lol :lol

This made my night, thank you
🍆🍆

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #14137 on: February 05, 2018, 10:04:53 PM »

Mods help!!!

It's so weird to see blame space there just trolling along like he always did.  The vibe at Reset doesn't feel like it fits him at all.
Uncle

SG-17

« Reply #14138 on: February 05, 2018, 10:33:53 PM »
I have a feeling that problem posters are tagged and their posts highlighted to mods in some fashion to check over (I'm not familiar with what Xenforo can do) or a bunch of the professionally offended trawl for posts to target.

« Reply #14139 on: February 05, 2018, 10:36:19 PM »
Is there a reason for the whole keep problems with the site/mods to pm?

I mean besides “we don’t wanna be held accountable publicly”.

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #14141 on: February 05, 2018, 10:44:16 PM »
Congrats to Excelsiorlef on becoming the first RE poster to hit 10,000 posts. Her incredible work ethic got her to this point in just 103 days. Her average (as of this post), comes out to about 97 posts per day. Lettuce salute the saddest person on on Reset Era.

(Image removed from quote.)

i can't even begin to imagine what this creature looks like IRL

10k of straight up whining and thought policing. Holy fuck

hampster

Zzz

Rman

« Reply #14143 on: February 05, 2018, 10:50:28 PM »
zomgbbq used to post in ERA. Reading his comments on GAF, I don't understand why he would post in ERA. Place became old GAF, along with its militancy moderation rather quickly.

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #14144 on: February 05, 2018, 10:52:12 PM »
Has Lime's posting privileges been revoked?

clothedmacuser

« Reply #14145 on: February 05, 2018, 11:10:19 PM »
Another reason to hate Tarentino, the most overrated director of our times.

I'll never forget how he whitewashed slavery in his racist movie "Django".

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4198345/

It gets better from there.
sigh

etiolate

« Reply #14146 on: February 05, 2018, 11:12:32 PM »
Golden Pigeon is a doozy

shosta

« Reply #14147 on: February 05, 2018, 11:16:08 PM »
You don't understand that when you make a story, you can do whatever you want in the way you tell that story. Why Django need to be bought by a white man to achieve is vengeance ?
Because when you make a story, you can do whatever you want in the way you tell that story.
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #14148 on: February 05, 2018, 11:18:11 PM »
Has Lime's posting privileges been revoked?
Just disingenuous bait post-er I mean thread making privileges... I’m sure said poster will still fully and fruitfully engage in the heightened discourse of resetera even though they cannot create provocative threads and leave them immediately.

I mean you know it’s bad when even the mods are clued into it.  :o
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #14149 on: February 05, 2018, 11:37:24 PM »
That's good enough for me. I now realize how funny those replies from people were who asked him/her/it to create a post about that Kingdom game if s/he/it was so triggered about the whole Vavra thing. :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #14150 on: February 05, 2018, 11:42:28 PM »

Mods help!!!
imo when your board reaches that size there should always be a 'help' subforum where users can bring up moderation and board issues in public for all to see and you should generally assign your jr. mods to clean those toilets to get used to the forum and they can call in smods or admins if needed. If you're asking to discuss moderation in private, you're kinda implying you're knowingly doing fucked up shit.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #14151 on: February 06, 2018, 12:10:36 AM »
At this point, I'm just waiting for this to happen:

After careful review, ResetEra staff would like to announce the following:

Please do not post on this forum or anywhere else on the Internet as it may be offensive to others.  We can all get along if we in fact do not post.  Let's make this best forum out there.
keep up the good work

shosta

« Reply #14152 on: February 06, 2018, 12:31:47 AM »
I won't take it as an insult. Parents teach their children. My faith is true, and I will teach them that.

Jedi are not real. Christ and his church are the most real things of all.

I understand why those corrupted by our morally relativistic and broken culture find it shocking when anybody holds to eternal truths. I actually feel bad for you...
And I pity your children, to the point where I wonder if we should alert the mods. Especially considering your threats to physically drag your children to church against their will.
每天生气

« Reply #14153 on: February 06, 2018, 12:51:54 AM »
I won't take it as an insult. Parents teach their children. My faith is true, and I will teach them that.

Jedi are not real. Christ and his church are the most real things of all.

I understand why those corrupted by our morally relativistic and broken culture find it shocking when anybody holds to eternal truths. I actually feel bad for you...
And I pity your children, to the point where I wonder if we should alert the mods. Especially considering your threats to physically drag your children to church against their will.
Then the mods use the verified email and credit card info to dox reach out in concern for the children with a call to CPS. All to enlighten the wicked Xtian.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #14154 on: February 06, 2018, 12:53:17 AM »
The mods have a dedicated SWAT team made up of forum tough guys they can deploy.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #14155 on: February 06, 2018, 01:04:03 AM »
Quentin Tarantino’s 2003 defense of Roman Polanski rediscovered online
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4210112/

In 1977, Polanski was charged with drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl. He later pled down to unlawful sex with a minor. Before sentencing, Polanski fled to Paris and has stayed in France since then.

Co-host Robin Quivers reminded Tarantino that the 13-year-old girl had been fed drugs and alcohol, but he said that didn’t matter.

“She wanted to have it. She dated the guy,” he said.

“And by the way, we’re talking about America’s morals, not talking about the morals in Europe and everything."

I wonder if that Morrigan post about 70's culture will be brought up?   

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3107812/
sigh

TwEE-N-Toast

« Reply #14156 on: February 06, 2018, 01:10:55 AM »
The director of the game at one point posted a picture of him wearing an edgelord t-shirt, which set off the reee alarms. There already was a thread in which someone insinuated that buying the game means that you support the oppression of minorities and women (even though the thread creator himself didn't even know what the director allegedly did/said).

The dude literally harassed and terrorized women and minorities and people here want to gaslight and obfuscate his bigotry. He is a fucking Gamergater, how can you even remotely view Vavra in anything but a negative and critical light? What the hell is going on with people caring so little about the victims and pain inflicted by him and his followers?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3472927/

J Tourettes

« Reply #14157 on: February 06, 2018, 01:16:05 AM »
zomgbbq used to post in ERA. Reading his comments on GAF, I don't understand why he would post in ERA. Place became old GAF, along with its militancy moderation rather quickly.

He only joined reset as quite a few of us ex britgaffers joined to see if it would really change. A few months later and the majority of us are already banned  :lol

The ban message to him from totally not evilore for that post on gaf simply said 'cunt

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #14158 on: February 06, 2018, 01:33:13 AM »
PLEASE REMAIN CIVIL AND DON'T POST ABOUT RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2, A GAME THAT CELEBRATES WESTERN EXPANSION AND SUBJUGATION OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLES, UNTIL THE BORE MODERATION STAFF HAS MADE CLEAR OUR POLICY AT A LATER TIME.

Someone should bring this up on Era

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #14159 on: February 06, 2018, 01:34:18 AM »
I'm uncomfortable posting in the same thread as someone who identifies as Rarewaregender.

Pre or post microsoft though

Both.

Gross