Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174314 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15840 on: February 13, 2018, 09:05:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/phil-spencer-positive-changes-at-e3-for-2018-speculation-thread.22960/page-4#post-4486635

MS fanboy loses it when Phil Spencer-chan gets criticized.  :lol
You all want your DAMN games? Guess what, it takes time to create new games. 2-3 years at least. He cannot produce games out of his ass at last minute and have them ready for E3 or 2018 release.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15841 on: February 13, 2018, 09:20:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/phil-spencer-positive-changes-at-e3-for-2018-speculation-thread.22960/page-4#post-4486635

He’s right tho. Name one thing Phil has fucked up besides games. BC, Game Pass, Play Anywhere are all dope initiatives. And new games take years to develop. We should only *now* be getting the games Phil OK’d. Phil’s a good guy.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15842 on: February 13, 2018, 09:44:30 PM »
Oh oh oh so he calls out blame space by name and say he misses him?

What about Dennis? Not even a shoutout for saving PC gaming in 2009-2010? That was a rough patch but I got us through it and now PC gaming is thriving.

All the great fashion threads and advice over the years and I don’t even get a line.  :(

And what about old Transhuman? Who has a story to share about a time I brightened up their lives?

FUME5

« Reply #15843 on: February 13, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »
Oh oh oh so he calls out blame space by name and say he misses him?

What about Dennis? Not even a shoutout for saving PC gaming in 2009-2010? That was a rough patch but I got us through it and now PC gaming is thriving.

All the great fashion threads and advice over the years and I don’t even get a line.  :(

And what about old Transhuman? Who has a story to share about a time I brightened up their lives?

Blame told you he loved you, what more do you want.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15844 on: February 13, 2018, 10:17:26 PM »
Blame told you he loved you, what more do you want.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #15845 on: February 13, 2018, 10:32:08 PM »

He’s right tho. Name one thing Phil has fucked up besides games. BC, Game Pass, Play Anywhere are all dope initiatives. And new games take years to develop. We should only *now* be getting the games Phil OK’d. Phil’s a good guy.

Why does this matter? I like BC, don't care much about play anywhere and Game Pass is fine but nothing something I'm excited about. I'm into videogames and I'm in it for the games, there are none. "New games take years to develop" rings hollow when MS cancelled a bunch of games and have gone on longer droughts than drought king Nintendo at this point. I don't care about the business model nor do I care for services for playing games when there aren't any new and interesting games to play. It's not that hard to understand.

Almost all of your complaints are specific to things you don't like and things you won't use. If you're going to criticize the CEO of a company for his poor performance, you should at least look at it with respect to what most fans want, not to what you want personally.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15846 on: February 13, 2018, 10:32:49 PM »
Why do you think #OscarsSoWhite was a thing?
And then the Oscars tried to correct this by giving Oscars to unworthy films/people because they were black lol and the trend continues with nominations for "Get Out'  :lol :lol :lol :lol
Watching Peele walk around with this fucking smugness like he's a serious film director now is too much  :mueller

etiolate

« Reply #15847 on: February 13, 2018, 10:40:42 PM »
P.P.S. someone get blame space back. I miss blame space.

Nola

« Reply #15848 on: February 13, 2018, 10:57:47 PM »
Why do you think #OscarsSoWhite was a thing?
And then the Oscars tried to correct this by giving Oscars to unworthy films/people because they were black lol and the trend continues with nominations for "Get Out'  :lol :lol :lol :lol
Watching Peele walk around with this fucking smugness like he's a serious film director now is too much  :mueller

Ah yes, the Oscars, the place we used to all be able to take solace in knowing they would never allow to be nominated or award undeserving films or performances. How can the image of the Oscars ever recover now that they have sullied their reputation by putting uppity tripe like Jordan Peele alongside such scrupulously chosen nominees and winners like Crash, Shakespeare in Love, The English Patient and Sean Penn's incredible performance in I Am Sam?

You're right, I just don't think there is any coming back from this.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #15849 on: February 13, 2018, 11:02:53 PM »
I'm going to see black panther this weekend. Where do I get my "I'm so woke" shirt?
que

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15850 on: February 13, 2018, 11:11:13 PM »
Ebay?

etiolate

« Reply #15851 on: February 13, 2018, 11:14:04 PM »
I'm going to see black panther this weekend. Where do I get my "I'm so woke" shirt?

Ted Danson.com/store

speaking of

Those Patreon subscribes of Quinn's are going to go way up. Guaranteed.

It's the Colin Moriarty playbook.

Even when you lose, you get paid.

Edgy "libertarian" white supremacists are pretty flush with disposable income as it turns out

Feeling better about not having any sort of presence at PurpleGAF after learning their 2 biggest traffic contributors are a legit hate site & a "too insipid/chickenshit to even manage legit hate site status" hate site.

Traffic is traffic, I guess. And Ads are ads.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
que

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #15853 on: February 13, 2018, 11:23:31 PM »

Why does this matter? I like BC, don't care much about play anywhere and Game Pass is fine but nothing something I'm excited about. I'm into videogames and I'm in it for the games, there are none. "New games take years to develop" rings hollow when MS cancelled a bunch of games and have gone on longer droughts than drought king Nintendo at this point. I don't care about the business model nor do I care for services for playing games when there aren't any new and interesting games to play. It's not that hard to understand.

Almost all of your complaints are specific to things you don't like and things you won't use. If you're going to criticize the CEO of a company for his poor performance, you should at least look at it with respect to what most fans want, not to what you want personally.

Seems like I and others personally want games. The videogame industry is what it is because of games. And what Phil Spencer is primarily failing at is games.

What do you expect out of game enthusiast forums? Of course everybody on them wants some DAMN games as the PositiveGamer put it.

My criticisms is not for the features at all, you dingus. It's that the features are cool but it's all moot if I'm not getting new games out of it. And I can criticize him for failing at what most fans want, and that's games. Have you been dumb, deaf and blind this entire time? Why do you think Xbox is so far behind? Why do you think Sony is doing so well? And why do you think Nintendo have a lot of momentum going right now? Two out of the three options have a lot of exclusive games coming out and crushing the buildings. Just because you're a Microsoft fanboy doesn't mean that the corporate stooge you're rallying behind is infallible.

I mean if you care about exclusives these days (:heh at that), you have a point. But if you're third party like PC gamers, X-box isn't doing that bad on that front. The only major problem is: If I can get it on PC, why would I get it on X-box? Which is partly why Spencer and whats-his-face-CEO put their shit under UWP to try to get PC gamers into their ecosystem. Meanwhile: :kobeyuck at that and having to bend over backwards to pirate Forza Horizon 3 just to not give MS money for that bullshit sandbox (good for security, terrible for gaming) app initiative.

Ted Danson.com/store

speaking of

Those Patreon subscribes of Quinn's are going to go way up. Guaranteed.

It's the Colin Moriarty playbook.

Even when you lose, you get paid.

Edgy "libertarian" white supremacists are pretty flush with disposable income as it turns out

Feeling better about not having any sort of presence at PurpleGAF after learning their 2 biggest traffic contributors are a legit hate site & a "too insipid/chickenshit to even manage legit hate site status" hate site.

Traffic is traffic, I guess. And Ads are ads.

You just know he reads us because we're the only folks giving him attention now a days.

benjipwns

« Reply #15854 on: February 13, 2018, 11:36:09 PM »
we offered him the world and boundless love and he felt the need to wage war against us

it really shows you the difference between those who care about people like Yum! Brands and those who only want to use them for their own short term gains

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15855 on: February 13, 2018, 11:43:40 PM »
I'd honestly put Bobby on ignore the second he signs up, you guys are weird to want that poison on here, I actually enjoy our movie discussions, even the shitty Star Wars thread.

benjipwns

« Reply #15856 on: February 13, 2018, 11:56:18 PM »
I'd honestly put Bobby on ignore the second he signs up, you guys are weird to want that poison on here, I actually enjoy our movie discussions, even the shitty Star Wars thread.
never said i wanted him here, just to love him from afar knowing he's too good for us, like Bob Avakian and his new synthesis

but he lowers himself to us, and further, that can't be a forum totem

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15857 on: February 13, 2018, 11:58:34 PM »

Ah yes, the Oscars, the place we used to all be able to take solace in knowing they would never allow to be nominated or award undeserving films or performances. How can the image of the Oscars ever recover now that they have sullied their reputation by putting uppity tripe like Jordan Peele alongside such scrupulously chosen nominees and winners like Crash, Shakespeare in Love, The English Patient and Sean Penn's incredible performance in I Am Sam?

You're right, I just don't think there is any coming back from this.
  It still held some shred of credibility. It's only gotten worse and i think it's about done. It doesn't matter anymore.

I own an Xbox and use it, I don't hate it. But that's particularly my point. Why even own an XBox? There's really no point to buying one. As opposed to Steam, Switch and PS4 where at the very least there is a variety of exclusives you could be into.
Christ, this place really is just Ree Lite

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15858 on: February 13, 2018, 11:59:48 PM »
You either have a bunch of friends on xbox already or you're a dumb cunt if you buy an xbone.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #15859 on: February 14, 2018, 12:01:15 AM »
You either have a bunch of friends on xbox already or you're a dumb cunt if you buy an xbone.
Or just maybe you don't give a fuck about your single player weaboo hack slash or uncharted clone. :omg

Nola

« Reply #15860 on: February 14, 2018, 12:01:17 AM »

I own an Xbox and use it, I don't hate it. But that's particularly my point. Why even own an XBox? There's really no point to buying one. As opposed to Steam, Switch and PS4 where at the very least there is a variety of exclusives you could be into.

Honestly, the only reason I am considering getting an Xbox is because of friends on the system.

Other than that I agree on this point here. I have a PS4 and a PC and I don't feel like I really miss anything games wise not having an Xbox. Any game Xbox has I'd rather on PC anyways for obvious performance reasons. I am thankful though with what Microsoft has done opening up their games to PC(the few they have).

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15861 on: February 14, 2018, 12:04:28 AM »
Or just maybe you don't give a fuck about your single player weaboo hack slash or uncharted clone. :omg
No, you definitely have to be a dumb cunt

etiolate

« Reply #15862 on: February 14, 2018, 12:07:59 AM »
Mr Danson now hangs out solely on twitter

where all the good, decent people are

tuna_love

« Reply #15863 on: February 14, 2018, 12:30:36 AM »
i got an xbox x to play skate 3 and i am what you might call a 'dumb cunt'

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15864 on: February 14, 2018, 12:38:34 AM »
Depends, answer the following
- Do you own an XBOX360 or PS3?
- Do you own a modern PC
- Do you own a PS4
- Do you own a Switch

thetylerrob

« Reply #15865 on: February 14, 2018, 12:42:29 AM »
Skate 2 was much better so yes you are a dumb cunt

benjipwns

« Reply #15866 on: February 14, 2018, 12:43:43 AM »
Skate 3 you couldn't play on any of those but a 360, and with the way they've handled the 360 and even Xbox BC, I'd totally be on board for an X, especially if I want console gaming.

Though I still wouldn't give up my big black box, a 360 would go just fine if I had one and I wasn't the type to keep the stuff.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15867 on: February 14, 2018, 12:45:31 AM »
The questions lead to more benji, trying to setup a baseline inventory to try and trace the logic

tuna_love

« Reply #15868 on: February 14, 2018, 12:50:27 AM »
- Do you own a modern PC
- Do you own a PS4
- Do you own a Switch
i got a pc and a switch

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #15869 on: February 14, 2018, 12:59:23 AM »
The proof is always in the pudding and the PS4 is outsellig the xbox 3:1

After the 360s early succes this was Microsofts game to lose and they certainly seemed to make wrong deciosions for almost a decade now it seems

In the last few years while Sony was still pumping out games Xbox had nothing, and they continued to have little on Xbox One

It doesnt help Xbox is solelt focussed on Murica of course

thisismyusername

« Reply #15870 on: February 14, 2018, 01:01:59 AM »

I don't want him here either, and for the record: I said the "hero worship" of him was creepy as fuck and that we didn't need the :bobby emote a year or two back.

But really: He thinks we're doxxers or other bullshit because he can't seem to wrap his head around some of you hero-worshipping him despite him being an asshole. So... :yeshrug Whatever. Hopefully he never comes around because I don't want to have to scroll past his insufferable condensing bullshit tone for Disney movies.

tuna_love

« Reply #15871 on: February 14, 2018, 01:04:06 AM »
The proof is always in the pudding and the PS4 is outsellig the xbox 3:1

After the 360s early succes this was Microsofts game to lose and they certainly seemed to make wrong deciosions for almost a decade now it seems

In the last few years while Sony was still pumping out games Xbox had nothing, and they continued to have little on Xbox One

It doesnt help Xbox is solelt focussed on Murica of course
the best game on xbox one is skate 3, kinda sad

thisismyusername

« Reply #15872 on: February 14, 2018, 01:06:17 AM »

Exactly this, I think Exodus is ignoring the segment that simply don't give a fuck about console exclusives (I'm in that boat, mostly. Only Uncharted on PS3-4 is the only thing that would get me to buy a PS4 when they're nearly out the door). If I never built a PC (or had the inclination to do so) and was only playing third parties on a console? What fucking difference does it make between X-box and PS at that point beyond where you're friends (if you give a shit about that) are playing?

X-box isn't doing bad because of the drought, that's a minor blip. It's doing bad because it's first fucking impression was horrible. "Online-only-DRM" was the kiss of death for the console and why the PS4 surged ahead. Not exclusives.

Nintendo's resurgence is only because of the hybrid focus AND exclusives (Zelda being able to be played on the shitter with a less cumbersome tablet than the Whimsy-U) were solid enough to make the hybrid approach be sell-able to attach third parties (which blows my mind since Nintendo was looking to have a third-party fall off cycle again) to get that system's mojo selling near or past the PS4.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #15873 on: February 14, 2018, 01:08:16 AM »
I speak for people who aren't basic fuckwits. If you identify with people solely on their skin color then that's your own racist life approach.

I mean the argument here is that a rich, wealthy prince with a hidden city that supplies him strange super hi tech shit and an army at his disposal is finally a relatable character for American black kids because he's African.

Sorry but that's a point of view for dumbasses.
You know... this is a good point.
每天生气

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #15874 on: February 14, 2018, 01:16:12 AM »

:neogaf

I have fond memories of my Xbox 360, despite 2 of them burning out and the disc drive failing on the 3rd, because of the games. MS dropped the ball on software this generation. It's ok to admit. Canceling an exclusive Kamiya game is just the icing on the shit cake.

It really only takes a few really good exclusives to justify a console purchase for me and MS still couldn't do it 4+ years into the generation. For all the shit we give Nintendo, Switch managed it in 7 months in by the time Odyssey released.

:yeshrug

agrajag

« Reply #15875 on: February 14, 2018, 01:20:51 AM »
I had a 360 and I liked it

benjipwns

« Reply #15876 on: February 14, 2018, 01:27:12 AM »
I had a 360 and I liked it
mods help

pls lock thread and make extended statement on acceptable posts on the forum

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #15877 on: February 14, 2018, 01:41:59 AM »
Tyler is now giving away steam games "out of pocket" to try to safe GAF  :lol

Meanwhile, only one thread had been posted in in the last hour on Off-Topic and that was 27 minutes ago.
Fish<

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #15878 on: February 14, 2018, 01:42:24 AM »
People identifying with Black Panther or whatever ots called is like me identifying with the Witcher

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #15879 on: February 14, 2018, 01:43:55 AM »
Gaf deserved to die ages ago, and how the fuck is this thread so active? Other forums suck ass but we don't need to spend all our time obsessing over that fact.
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #15880 on: February 14, 2018, 01:45:13 AM »
Thats very insensitive of you to say, neogaf actually murdered me in the digital realm

We are all victims here

Victim shaming is not cool

Mooodssss

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #15881 on: February 14, 2018, 01:46:24 AM »
I committed suicide there ages ago, fuck that place. :maf
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #15882 on: February 14, 2018, 01:50:25 AM »
They drove you to suicide poor Trent

shosta

« Reply #15883 on: February 14, 2018, 02:11:42 AM »
I used to love satire and it used to be my favorite kind of humor, but after listening to the Satire Paradox on the Revisionist History podcast, I just can't enjoy it anymore.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #15884 on: February 14, 2018, 02:27:00 AM »
Tyler is now giving away steam games "out of pocket" to try to safe GAF  :lol
can i become a gaf admin if i dump also all my extra bundle keys there instead of in random batches here?

i promise to not let Dennis back ever, or freenudemacusers, though freenudemacusers2 seems like a promising future poster of value

also for my hilarious secret admin meme name i want "safe moist as dudes" and my personality type will be promoting the great history of NeoGAF.com like the GamePro issue, and that documentary, and the time Amir0x er....wait nobody even knows who that was...um the time that it was a top five referrer for Hillary Clint...er nevermind, um, oh! the samuel l jackson memes about bish banning people those were so... oh...um...hrmm...hey hey Thor 2: The Dark World! Thanos! right?!? Thanos! plus we gotta win back DUDEBRO! plus oh man how about we organize the OTs again, promote the real soul of video gaming, the true community builders, the Official Thread posters, forums can be fun! fun will be mandatory! unlike other forums, which we shouldn't ever name, because they're unfun.

now let's have some fun, get out there and get some game industry people fired or at least deny them some awards, make NeoGAF.com relevant again! get the press sneak fuck back over here, and the creative director of the Halo franchise to discuss the important issues of our day! see! fun! industry names! fun!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15885 on: February 14, 2018, 02:34:46 AM »
- Do you own a modern PC
- Do you own a PS4
- Do you own a Switch
i got a pc and a switch

You have too much money, but you're excused  :yeshrug

benjipwns

« Reply #15886 on: February 14, 2018, 02:36:40 AM »
I used to love satire and it used to be my favorite kind of humor, but after listening to the Satire Paradox on the Revisionist History podcast, I just can't enjoy it anymore.
this is good satire

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #15887 on: February 14, 2018, 02:37:52 AM »
The "I believe in Phil Spencer" shtick is still hilarious to this day.
Dude is as useless as Mattrick but gets a pass because he wears tshirts with Indy studios logos instead of a suit and says yes to everything :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #15888 on: February 14, 2018, 02:45:47 AM »
MG: I think we’ve forgotten what real satire is in the West. That’s real satire. It uses a comic pretense to land a massive blow.

The first A Wonderful Country sketch I ever saw was from 5 years ago. It was done right at the time when liberal Israelis began to despair about the direction of their government under Benjamin Netanyahu. The sketch I saw is styled in the manner of a government funded documentary, a kind of promotional video for a new educational initiative in the schools. It’s set in a classroom full of adorable kindergarten students, seriously adorable, a warm and very compelling teacher’s at the front the room.

The teacher says, “Today, kids, we will talk about peace. Who can tell me what we need to have peace?” Then, the kids start to mouth every cliché that the Israeli right wing uses to justify not negotiating with the Palestinians, opposing a 2 state solution, or ignoring world opinion and continuing to build settlements in the occupied territories. A truly cute girl with curly hair says, “What peace? Who will we make peace with? There’s not even anyone to talk to on the other side.” The teacher replies, “That’s right, Lolly. There’s no one to talk to.” Another adorable girl says, “I used to be a lefty, but then I got disillusioned.” The teacher asks, “So why is the world angry at us?” A little boy says, “Our problem is PR.” And then he repeats it. The teacher turns to the camera, “We don’t want them to grow up ignorant; we teach them geography from a young age.” She points to Israel on a globe, “Here is our tiny little Israel in the Middle East. Who knows what we call the rest of the world?” And the children chant in unison, “Anti-Semitic!”

It’s hard to explain a comedy sketch if I can’t show it to you, though you can always pause and go see the whole thing at revisionisthistory.com., and it’s doubly difficult to explain comedy from another country, but believe me when I say the kindergarten bit is hilarious. I laughed out loud.

MS: We tried to put it in this situation where kids in, in kindergarten are learning it. And you see how bleak it is, how sad it is to raise a generation with no hope and that’s exactly the ideology of Netanyahu. Things are only going to get worse, all the world is against us, we are alone in the world, we have to build a fortress around us and pray for God to save us. It’s not in our hand, there’s nothing we can do and that’s it for the rest of your life, kids.

MG: I said I laughed out loud the first time I saw that sketch, but the second time I saw it, I didn’t laugh at all.

Can someone read this sketch the wrong way like Steven Colbert got read the wrong way? Could some viewers think this sketch satirizes left wing Israeli thinking? Maybe, but I think the intentions are pretty plain; they’re not hard to decode. We have children mouthing the absurd, dead end arguments of adults. And if laughter is normally the great distractor, the laughter dissipates awfully quickly here. Satire works best when the satirist has the courage not just to go for the joke.

The teacher says, “Do you wanna play ‘nobody gets to preach to us about morality’?” The kids shout out, “Yes! Yes!” The teacher pulls out a tambourine and starts chanting. “The Italians.” One little girl chants back, “They collaborated with the Nazis in the Holocaust.” The teacher chants, “The French.” A child replies, “Vichy regime.” Teacher, “The Turks!” “Massacred the Armenians.” Teacher, “Norwegians.” And the kids say, “Killed all the salmon.” Teacher, “So, what do we tell the world?” Kids in unison, “Don’t preach to us about morals.”

The kids are waving their fist in the air at this point, shouting in unison. There is courage in that sketch, unlike Saturday Night Live on Sarah Palin, which is comedy done without any courage at all.

If there’s a lesson to the 10 episodes of this first season of Revisionist History, it’s this: that nothing of consequence gets accomplished without courage. You can’t educate the poor without making difficult choices, without giving up some portion of your own privilege, you can’t be a great basketball player without being willing to look stupid, you can’t heal your church without sacrificing your own career, you can’t even drive a car properly unless you’re willing to acknowledge that you sometimes make mistakes, stupid, involuntary, dumb mistakes. The path to a better world is hard. Is that depressing? I don’t think so. I think what’s depressing is when we ignore everything history is trying to tell us.
wait...what's the paradox again? is this "Malcom Gladwell" character part of the satire too? is that the paradox? i'm so confused

shosta

« Reply #15889 on: February 14, 2018, 02:52:28 AM »
Best wishes from your lovely host. What are your plans for today, ERA?
FUCK. EVERYTHING.

FUCK.
每天生气

Raist

« Reply #15890 on: February 14, 2018, 02:54:38 AM »
Locking this at OP's request.

We'll decide the best course of action for future threads of a similar nature.

And so the Spencer thread ended. The hell? :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #15891 on: February 14, 2018, 02:56:13 AM »
oh jeez you didn't even mention what thread that's in, it's for the Politico article about the immigrants auction website
I used to love satire and it used to be my favorite kind of humor, but after listening to the Satire Paradox on the Revisionist History podcast, I just can't enjoy it anymore. The article title looks like something I would read on the onion.

If we're going to allow "legitimate" news websites to post terrible proposals at least punch up, not down. I want to see an opinion piece proposing a modern day robin hood scheme of stealing all the money from the42 peoplewho own half the world's wealth and giving it to the rest of us. I mean there's only 42 of them right and over 7 billion of us. Doesn't that sound like a better plan Sofia?
i reaaaalllly like the "If we're going to allow ... websites to post..." phrasing even more than asking for the "[satire to] punch up, not down" when it's not satire in the first place

benjipwns

« Reply #15892 on: February 14, 2018, 02:57:39 AM »
excelsiorlef
Resettlement Advisor
Female
Profile Page
yasss queen slay

benjipwns

« Reply #15893 on: February 14, 2018, 02:58:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4520005/
User was banned for 3 days for this post: Attempting to derail the topic with conspiracy theories.

People are clearly pushing a grudge-agenda against the NYT because of their Clinton hit pieces (or piece). There is a criticism to be had against their editorial “neutral but complicit” line, but I think it is also fair to say that people are over antagonizing the NYT when they are one of the strongest anti Trump allies out there.

Good on them for firing her though. Being an explicit white supremacist is not just a “dumb” character flaw.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #15894 on: February 14, 2018, 03:00:44 AM »
I speak for people who aren't basic fuckwits. If you identify with people solely on their skin color then that's your own racist life approach.

I mean the argument here is that a rich, wealthy prince with a hidden city that supplies him strange super hi tech shit and an army at his disposal is finally a relatable character for American black kids because he's African.

Sorry but that's a point of view for dumbasses.
You know... this is a good point.
:mynicca :rejoice

Raist

« Reply #15895 on: February 14, 2018, 03:17:37 AM »
excelsiorlef
Resettlement Advisor
Female
Profile Page
yasss queen slay

That's 93.83 post per day

3.91 posts per hour

1 post every ~15 mins. For 4 months. Assuming 24/7 activity.

If we assume an average of 8h of sleep/eating etc, that's a post every 10 mins.

Bore Expert

« Reply #15896 on: February 14, 2018, 03:39:26 AM »
Now that Lionpride is on the disabled list, excelsiorelf will have to post twice as much garbage to fill in for him

benjipwns

« Reply #15897 on: February 14, 2018, 03:57:53 AM »
I was sitting in a waiting room earlier today and watched a guy decide to break the silence in the room after a Black Panther commercial came on the TV to tell everybody how "wrong it is that there's a black super hero."
He continued his rant, saying garbage about black history month and how its "shoved down our throats" and at that point somebody told him to shut up.

Black Panther is triggering racists hard right now.
That man's name? Abraham Lincoln.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15898 on: February 14, 2018, 05:16:28 AM »
protip as in you're a pro in racism?  :shaq

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #15899 on: February 14, 2018, 05:53:00 AM »
Speaking as someone who lives in South Carolina, Stro’s assessment is accurate.