Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174464 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15900 on: February 14, 2018, 06:14:50 AM »
Im from Poland, AMA

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #15901 on: February 14, 2018, 06:27:23 AM »
Is it possible to have a Pole on a pole match?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #15902 on: February 14, 2018, 06:33:09 AM »
Have you considered returning to the elective monarchy of the Commonwealth?

jorma

« Reply #15903 on: February 14, 2018, 06:53:29 AM »
Is it true that strippers cling on to you on a daily basis?

tuna_love

« Reply #15904 on: February 14, 2018, 07:22:40 AM »
whats the deal with you guys and having death camps

venereology

« Reply #15905 on: February 14, 2018, 07:33:25 AM »
I speak for people who aren't basic fuckwits. If you identify with people solely on their skin color then that's your own racist life approach.

I mean the argument here is that a rich, wealthy prince with a hidden city that supplies him strange super hi tech shit and an army at his disposal is finally a relatable character for American black kids because he's African.

Sorry but that's a point of view for dumbasses.
You know... this is a good point.

...kids are kind of dumbasses, so what. let them be happy to see a good guy that looks like them.

etoilet the kind of dude to slap a lollipop out of some kids hand and talk down to him explaining how he fancies himself an internet intellectual  :snob

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15906 on: February 14, 2018, 07:39:28 AM »
Lollipops are pure sugar and will spoil your dinner
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15907 on: February 14, 2018, 07:42:50 AM »

:whatsthedeal :whatsthedeal :whatsthedeal :whatsthedeal :whatsthedeal :whatsthedeal :whatsthedeal :whatsthedeal :whatsthedeal :whatsthedeal
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:47:40 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

Shuri

« Reply #15908 on: February 14, 2018, 08:09:37 AM »
Wait, Lionpride isn’t actually a troll account from someone here?

:dead

Boredfrom

« Reply #15909 on: February 14, 2018, 08:41:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4520005/
User was banned for 3 days for this post: Attempting to derail the topic with conspiracy theories.

People are clearly pushing a grudge-agenda against the NYT because of their Clinton hit pieces (or piece). There is a criticism to be had against their editorial “neutral but complicit” line, but I think it is also fair to say that people are over antagonizing the NYT when they are one of the strongest anti Trump allies out there.

Good on them for firing her though. Being an explicit white supremacist is not just a “dumb” character flaw.

That Kirblar thread being made after getting called out was just a huge coincidence.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #15910 on: February 14, 2018, 08:49:14 AM »
Why do you guys hate juice so much

Because we had the most juice once and we are just fed up now

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #15911 on: February 14, 2018, 08:49:45 AM »
Is it possible to have a Pole on a pole match?

Idk but we can have pole positions

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #15912 on: February 14, 2018, 08:50:35 AM »
Have you considered returning to the elective monarchy of the Commonwealth?

Im pretty sure this is where the country is heading now, by popular demand

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #15913 on: February 14, 2018, 08:51:58 AM »
Is it true that strippers cling on to you on a daily basis?

No

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #15914 on: February 14, 2018, 08:53:16 AM »

Saying that will be a criminal offence soon punishable by 3 years in prison

Its German death camps in Poland

This is very important to Polacks

Marhunchy

« Reply #15915 on: February 14, 2018, 08:57:05 AM »

i know that people kinda love to rag on the dude, but he's what? 18?

he's got that healty post teen hubris

thetylerrob

« Reply #15916 on: February 14, 2018, 09:05:04 AM »
We're just trying to get him to focus on his studies.

« Reply #15917 on: February 14, 2018, 09:09:42 AM »
The proof is always in the pudding and the PS4 is outsellig the xbox 3:1

After the 360s early succes this was Microsofts game to lose and they certainly seemed to make wrong deciosions for almost a decade now it seems

In the last few years while Sony was still pumping out games Xbox had nothing, and they continued to have little on Xbox One

It doesnt help Xbox is solelt focussed on Murica of course

Pretty much.
I've owned every relevant console (Wii U doesn't count) since the NES era except the XBone and Saturn.
My "main" console from each gen followed by the second/third used
NES
SNES, Genesis
PS1, N64
PS2 , GameCube, Xbox (probably the closest to parity for me this gen)
360, PS3, Wii
PS4, Switch (pretending Wii U didn't happen and switch sorta fits here)

I'm actually interested in an XB1X, but not until that price comes way down.  But, by the time that happens I may just wait for the XB2X or whatever assuming it's backwards compatible.
There just isn't much in the way of compelling exclusives and it's hard to justify buying in at a high price this late in the generation when it seems they can't get any real momentum.

It's always been about the games.  Then the hardware. Then the price (unless we start talking ridiculously high prices)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #15918 on: February 14, 2018, 09:14:04 AM »
At least xbox has that Platinum dragon game and Crackdown 3.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #15919 on: February 14, 2018, 09:34:12 AM »

That got cancelled

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15920 on: February 14, 2018, 09:35:41 AM »

That got delayed
Uncle

nudemacusers

« Reply #15921 on: February 14, 2018, 09:38:41 AM »

Never understood the weird beef (?)...  plus he’s kinda cute nohomo
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #15922 on: February 14, 2018, 09:45:10 AM »
I'd like to thank Purple Filth and Uncle for explaining the joke. I also want to thank my mom and dad, I couldn't have done it without you guys. Hugs and kisses to all my fans!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15923 on: February 14, 2018, 09:48:38 AM »
I'd like to thank Purple Filth and Uncle for explaining the joke. I also want to thank my mom and dad, I couldn't have done it without you guys. Hugs and kisses to all my fans!
Reynard the fox is proud, son.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #15924 on: February 14, 2018, 09:48:45 AM »

You still have people who think the Xbox is a online only console so i wasn't taking any chances  :jawalrus

Marhunchy

« Reply #15925 on: February 14, 2018, 09:50:21 AM »

but

:pause

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #15926 on: February 14, 2018, 09:54:02 AM »

You still have people who think the Xbox is a online only console so i wasn't taking any chances

Reminds me of people complaining about 3DS games not working on the DS. "I don't care about the 3D, it should work without the 3D on regular DS."

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #15927 on: February 14, 2018, 09:54:44 AM »
Tyler is now giving away steam games "out of pocket" to try to safe GAF  :lol

Meanwhile, only one thread had been posted in in the last hour on Off-Topic and that was 27 minutes ago.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-giveaways-free-stuff-rewarding-top-contributors-and-new-avenues-for-indie-game-exposure.1460970/post-253185387

:thinking

Awesome. I love how Tyler didn't give a shit about the users untill we all left. Too little too late @EviLore

Perma incoming?

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #15928 on: February 14, 2018, 09:58:47 AM »
Thread: This forum stopped me from killing myself. I think it's worth keeping.

Thug 2:
Well, that's a truly depressing thread bump to read through.

Do you know who set all the policies and structures and built this place from the ground up and placed special emphasis on issues like depression here (because "you-know-who" has it)? Do you know who dropped whatever they were doing and stayed up all night personally *many* times over the years after being notified of a suicide note left by a gaffer, immediately rushing to determine their location so that local emergency services could be sent to them wherever they were in the world to try to save them from self-harm? You know who shared his personal details on here knowing that it'd all be obsessively archived by weirdos on the internet forever, but didn't mind the cost if sharing those first-hand experiences and advice given about life and depression and weight loss and numerous other struggles could help people in his community make it through to the other side of whatever they were facing?

The guy you were all trying to figure out the fastest way to throw overboard the instant you heard word of an alleged personal scandal.

Happy Valentine's.

:ego :ego :ego

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/this-forum-stopped-me-from-killing-myself-i-think-its-worth-keeping.1451556/page-2#post-253185351

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #15929 on: February 14, 2018, 10:00:49 AM »
Jesus he's really gone the deep end :neogaf

"I SAVED LIVES YOU UNGRATEFUL ASSHOLES"
ὕβρις

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #15930 on: February 14, 2018, 10:02:16 AM »
He's a woke teen and very active poster. Ticking two boxes, with an added noise multiplier. If he'd been an overzealous mod, a Ninthing and owned loli body pillows, he'd have been reviled as the antichrist.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #15931 on: February 14, 2018, 10:04:04 AM »
User was banned for 3 days for this post: Attempting to derail the topic with conspiracy theories.

People are clearly pushing a grudge-agenda against the NYT because of their Clinton hit pieces (or piece). There is a criticism to be had against their editorial “neutral but complicit” line, but I think it is also fair to say that people are over antagonizing the NYT when they are one of the strongest anti Trump allies out there.

Good on them for firing her though. Being an explicit white supremacist is not just a “dumb” character flaw.

That Kirblar thread being made after getting called out was just a huge coincidence.

Funny how suggesting that some people might have a grudge is a ban-worthy conspiracy theory

thisismyusername

« Reply #15932 on: February 14, 2018, 10:05:03 AM »
Exactly this, I think Exodus is ignoring the segment that simply don't give a fuck about console exclusives (I'm in that boat, mostly. Only Uncharted on PS3-4 is the only thing that would get me to buy a PS4 when they're nearly out the door). If I never built a PC (or had the inclination to do so) and was only playing third parties on a console? What fucking difference does it make between X-box and PS at that point beyond where you're friends (if you give a shit about that) are playing?

X-box isn't doing bad because of the drought, that's a minor blip. It's doing bad because it's first fucking impression was horrible. "Online-only-DRM" was the kiss of death for the console and why the PS4 surged ahead. Not exclusives.

Nintendo's resurgence is only because of the hybrid focus AND exclusives (Zelda being able to be played on the shitter with a less cumbersome tablet than the Whimsy-U) were solid enough to make the hybrid approach be sell-able to attach third parties (which blows my mind since Nintendo was looking to have a third-party fall off cycle again) to get that system's mojo selling near or past the PS4.

I honestly think the whole argument is horseshit.  Xbox One's initial launch certainly hurt it but what's keeping it where it is is the lack of good exclusive games. I agree that people mostly buy next gen consoles for third party games they already like (COD, Fifa, and what have you) but exclusive games absolutely help push hardware in the long run. When most people looking into buying a game console, nerdlinger or casual, hardware matters but ultimately they wanna know where the best games are and what has the most games. PS4 wins that one.

Unless it's something like Final Fantasy (which was Sony exclusive back in the day), I have never heard anyone going "oh, I can't wait for Halo/Forza/Uncharted/BingBingWAHOO to come out and buy the <insert console name here>!" They generally will buy it when 1) it has the features and (generally third party) games they want and 2) is at a price they can afford.

I don't buy that exclusives alone are what sell people on the consoles. Maybe if they are Halo "Superfans" (are there any left for that series? :doge ) or something of the like.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #15933 on: February 14, 2018, 10:08:17 AM »
Lmao @ the 'woe is me' shit tacked on at the end there. Dumb as fuck because a) lol @ his self-proclaimed martyrdom and b) it's not even accurate, the people who are still on the board clearly don't have a problem with his rapey antics  - they're the ones who stuck with him, and what do they get? Being targets of showerthug's victim complex, of course

tummyfat

« Reply #15934 on: February 14, 2018, 10:08:42 AM »
The only reason he even got in that shower is that he thought she might kill herself in there!

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #15935 on: February 14, 2018, 10:12:13 AM »
I got a motherfucking warning and it was 3 paragraphs of why I was wrong.

Reviewed by multiple mods? Fuck no, that shit is inappropriate. If you disagree with my post, contribute to the thread, don't send it to me in a warning that I am forced to acknowledge accepting.

The mods are out of control
:O

thisismyusername

« Reply #15936 on: February 14, 2018, 10:16:02 AM »
The only reason he even got in that shower is that he thought she might kill herself in there!

(She'd di)

nudemacusers

« Reply #15937 on: February 14, 2018, 10:37:57 AM »
Thread: This forum stopped me from killing myself. I think it's worth keeping.

Thug 2:
Well, that's a truly depressing thread bump to read through.

Do you know who set all the policies and structures and built this place from the ground up and placed special emphasis on issues like depression here (because "you-know-who" has it)? Do you know who dropped whatever they were doing and stayed up all night personally *many* times over the years after being notified of a suicide note left by a gaffer, immediately rushing to determine their location so that local emergency services could be sent to them wherever they were in the world to try to save them from self-harm? You know who shared his personal details on here knowing that it'd all be obsessively archived by weirdos on the internet forever, but didn't mind the cost if sharing those first-hand experiences and advice given about life and depression and weight loss and numerous other struggles could help people in his community make it through to the other side of whatever they were facing?

The guy you were all trying to figure out the fastest way to throw overboard the instant you heard word of an alleged personal scandal.

Happy Valentine's.

:ego :ego :ego

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/this-forum-stopped-me-from-killing-myself-i-think-its-worth-keeping.1451556/page-2#post-253185351
Technically he didn’t name himself... could amirox be redeemed?!? :o
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

SG-17

« Reply #15938 on: February 14, 2018, 10:53:36 AM »

Yeah, he admitted he was 18. Kind of obvious by his complete lack of ability to make constructive posts.

« Reply #15939 on: February 14, 2018, 11:15:42 AM »

Yeah, he admitted he was 18. Kind of obvious by his complete lack of ability to make constructive posts.

Ehh sure he has a bunch of short and quick responses, but he's ok in my book.

He's not totally insufferable like that SG-17 guy that used to post on Neogaf

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #15940 on: February 14, 2018, 11:29:31 AM »
LionPride is a young ass, dumb ass punk that needs the taste slapped out of his mouth  :pacspit

Tasty

« Reply #15941 on: February 14, 2018, 11:30:06 AM »

(She'd di)

Early contender for Post of the Year.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15942 on: February 14, 2018, 11:57:30 AM »

Can’t believe I’m saying this, because I pretty much despise Melkr, but what an absolutely bullshit ban.

GAF was never this bad. The only improvement is short ban durations instead of the default being a month for the tiniest infraction.

"Here on resetera we don't have a bias against the NYT, we are impartial. Also you banned for questioning that, bitch"

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #15943 on: February 14, 2018, 12:01:03 PM »
The name resetera was always too uncomfortably similar to that 'press reset' campaign poolygon ran, strangely fitting that they turned out to be the poolygon of forum websites on the internet

Tasty

« Reply #15944 on: February 14, 2018, 12:11:41 PM »
The name resetera was always too uncomfortably similar to that 'press reset' campaign poolygon ran, strangely fitting that they turned out to be the poolygon of forum websites on the internet

Polygon got better tho, maybe RE will too? :idont

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Tasty

« Reply #15946 on: February 14, 2018, 12:22:10 PM »
Polygon got better tho

eh

Then went from being a complete fucking joke to being bland as fuck, I'd call that an improvement.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #15947 on: February 14, 2018, 12:28:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4536080/

Quote from: PositiveGamer, post: 4536080, member: 11841
Quote from: me
2/3rds of the booths to be devoted to recycled Crackdown 3 displays
Thats not a bad thing. You should market what you want to sell, especially if it got an overhaul this year.

I feel I'm being played here :jeanluc
:9

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #15948 on: February 14, 2018, 12:32:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4535529/
All platforms are easy to manipulate. You could pay qualified individuals to manipulate Resetera if you so desired.

:putin
Uncle

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #15949 on: February 14, 2018, 12:44:53 PM »
I have tabs of reset/gaf in my browser and I rarely ever click them. I may as well just close them for good.
©ZH

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #15950 on: February 14, 2018, 01:03:04 PM »
Tyler is now giving away steam games "out of pocket" to try to safe GAF  :lol
can i become a gaf admin if i dump also all my extra bundle keys there instead of in random batches here?

i promise to not let Dennis back ever, or freenudemacusers, though freenudemacusers2 seems like a promising future poster of value

also for my hilarious secret admin meme name i want "safe moist as dudes" and my personality type will be promoting the great history of NeoGAF.com like the GamePro issue, and that documentary, and the time Amir0x er....wait nobody even knows who that was...um the time that it was a top five referrer for Hillary Clint...er nevermind, um, oh! the samuel l jackson memes about bish banning people those were so... oh...um...hrmm...hey hey Thor 2: The Dark World! Thanos! right?!? Thanos! plus we gotta win back DUDEBRO! plus oh man how about we organize the OTs again, promote the real soul of video gaming, the true community builders, the Official Thread posters, forums can be fun! fun will be mandatory! unlike other forums, which we shouldn't ever name, because they're unfun.

now let's have some fun, get out there and get some game industry people fired or at least deny them some awards, make NeoGAF.com relevant again! get the press sneak fuck back over here, and the creative director of the Halo franchise to discuss the important issues of our day! see! fun! industry names! fun!
This is the biggest burn of anything I've ever seen in my entire life.  :doge
🤴

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #15951 on: February 14, 2018, 01:06:51 PM »

No, that would be that dude Shuri.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15952 on: February 14, 2018, 01:06:59 PM »
I have tabs of reset/gaf in my browser and I rarely ever click them. I may as well just close them for good.

I still have tons of bookmarked Neogaf threads, mostly threads that are movie suggestion lists and the like. I got some really good suggestions for shit to watch over the years from Gaf, there's stuff I would never have seen if it weren't for some users desire for other people to enjoy those shows or movies as much as they did.

https://mobile.twitter.com/houstonbred/status/947914355554836480/video/1

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #15953 on: February 14, 2018, 01:17:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4538530/

I am a member of GamerGate. I am willing to have a discussion about GamerGate, the gaming community, game journalism, white supremacy, harassment, or anything else. I feel like GamerGate has been incorrectly maligned and is the victim of a smear campaign by the very group of journalists it was originally created as a response to. There are a lot of misconceptions that I feel like I could clear up in a discussion. I will respectfully listen and respond, though I will not always agree or see eye to eye on particular subjects. And where we agree, it's possible that I may disagree on the extent to which we agree. But I will guarantee a civil discussion, at least on my end, in which no rules will be broken and all participants are treated with dignity and respect.

The responses to this should be well reasoned and civil I'm sure.

*EDIT* aaaannnnd banned!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:21:54 PM by stufte »

etiolate

« Reply #15954 on: February 14, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »
Due to his loneliness, I think Evilore should get a pet. A cat or a dog. Probably a doggo.

like this

spoiler (click to show/hide)
(shi be)
[close]

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #15955 on: February 14, 2018, 01:20:33 PM »

Someone send him a link to Thebore for when he gets banned

Raist

« Reply #15956 on: February 14, 2018, 01:21:31 PM »

I am a member of GamerGate. I am willing to have a discussion about GamerGate, the gaming community, game journalism, white supremacy, harassment, or anything else. I feel like GamerGate has been incorrectly maligned and is the victim of a smear campaign by the very group of journalists it was originally created as a response to. There are a lot of misconceptions that I feel like I could clear up in a discussion. I will respectfully listen and respond, though I will not always agree or see eye to eye on particular subjects. And where we agree, it's possible that I may disagree on the extent to which we agree. But I will guarantee a civil discussion, at least on my end, in which no rules will be broken and all participants are treated with dignity and respect.

He banned.

etiolate

« Reply #15957 on: February 14, 2018, 01:24:02 PM »
Not even a ban message. The fury was immediate.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #15958 on: February 14, 2018, 01:25:20 PM »
Member banned (permanently): Admitting to be a member of a hate group and openly advocating for it. Persistant downplaying of racism, sexism, homophobia etc.

Gamergate is just as much of a "hate group" as resetera is. I can't stand GGers, they're annoying and petty as fuck, but calling them a hate group is disingenuous as hell. Also that thread is fucked.

Raist