Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2194498 times)

etiolate

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #17100 on: February 19, 2018, 02:20:47 PM »
Could someone quote that slab of text some more?

Thanks.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #17101 on: February 19, 2018, 02:28:32 PM »
It's pretty crazy and dumb that Tyler likens ResetEra to an enema, ResetEnema.
After all the other material that we've created.

Reminds me of the time when Trump came up with one great nickname after another and Clinton would come out and say: "Dangerous Donald"

:doge
🤴

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #17104 on: February 19, 2018, 02:42:35 PM »
I'll explain Tyler with one little anecdote.

Many years ago, I hung out in the gaf IRC room. The mods and regulars hung out there, too. During one of Evilore's little anger spouts, I told him that too much of his identity and life revolved around the forum. I said if he really had the money he claimed to have then he should go out, get away and take a vacation.

So he went out... and traveled the world... to meet up with GAF people.

He had good money but not the type to finance what he seemed to be doing, ie traveling around the world with models and shit. Best believe those chicks have moved on. I just wonder if he saved or invested anything. Something tells me no.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #17105 on: February 19, 2018, 02:45:15 PM »

Many years ago, I hung out in the gaf IRC room. The mods and regulars hung out there, too. During one of Evilore's little anger spouts, I told him that too much of his identity and life revolved around the forum. I said if he really had the money he claimed to have then he should go out, get away and take a vacation.

He had good money but not the type to finance what he seemed to be doing, ie traveling around the world with models and shit. Best believe those chicks have moved on. I just wonder if he saved or invested anything. Something tells me no.
He mentioned he wanted to retire. So I guess he saved some money on the side

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Who am I kidding he probably snorted it all and then had to pay private detectives to hide the material he stashed for Amir0x
[close]
🤴

Jansen

« Reply #17107 on: February 19, 2018, 02:50:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-you-use-a-death-note.24400/

how many unhinged psychos post on era? stay tuned

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17108 on: February 19, 2018, 02:52:09 PM »
Quote from: ResetERA
I would just write "white people"
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Bore Expert

« Reply #17110 on: February 19, 2018, 02:55:46 PM »
Surely Thug1 would have filed a police report for getting roofied by the Scientology Sex Cult, right?

« Reply #17111 on: February 19, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »
100% legitimate real true death threats, I knew resetera was full of goobergrumps!!!

paprikastaude

« Reply #17112 on: February 19, 2018, 03:03:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/game-sack-the-youtube-retro-show-where-sega-and-nintendo-fans-review-games.2113/page-2#post-4714697

GameSack is a Youtube channel where these two guys just upload footage of talk about retro games.  That's it...nothing remotely offensive.  Guess they made a mistake by dropping the Alpha-bomb in their latest video:

Quote from: chalkitdown, post: 4687759, member: 8054
**AlphaOmegaSin WARNING**

Decent episode otherwise.
Quote from: Morfeo, post: 4705981, member: 6249
Really disappointing that they have something to do with a guy like him. But yeah, otherwise a decent episode.
Quote from: Fercho, post: 4714285, member: 30544
I'm very sad that they are friend with that cringie dirt bag AlphaOmegaSin. Don't know if unsub or not. Really enjoy their videos :s

To note, all they did in their latest video is name-drop the guy, like "hey I bought these games when I was shopping with AlphaOmegaSin."  And I made the mistake of asking why they hate him so much.

Quote from: Mr-Joker, post: 4714575, member: 3815
Dude's a gamergate and is one of those people who belittles anyone who complain about controversial topic, like racism in gaming in gaming as Social Studies Warrior.

He is not a nice man.
Quote from: Nappael, post: 4714697, member: 1849
Yeah, he is a full on gamergater and proud of it.
Quote from: FormatCompatible, post: 4714754, member: 959
If you don't want to give Alphaomegasin any clicks, Shaun did a video about Cuphead that features the guy creating a fake outrage on the spot about the game. That's the kind of content you can expect from aos.

[MEDIA=youtube]_-P9_oUV9Gw[/MEDIA]

I haven't watched one of his videos in a couple of years, but the only thing I remember about him is him talking about Social Studies Warrior-lord-Sarkeesian, so maybe that's what they're all uppity about?  When I looked it up, I found this.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/alphaomegasin
Controversy
Anita Sarkeesian

On January 25th, 2015, media critic Anita Sarkeesian from Feminist Frequency posted a tweet on Twitter about ‘angry YouTubers’ that strawmans & slanders her, using a photo of AlphaOmegaSin ranting about disagreeing with her as one of the examples. AlphaOmegaSin made another rant video[8] of Anita Sarkeesian calling her out from her Twitter account.
NeoGAF

Internet discussion and video game forum NeoGAF are unhappy that AlphaOmegaSin, a good friend of James Rolfe and Mike Matei was in Cinemassacre’s James & Mike Mondays video because of his support for GamerGate. A thread on Reddit’s KotakuInAction[9] was submitted about NeoGAF trying to get James’ attention to demand him to blacklist AlphaOmegaSin for being a ‘Gamergater’.

Jesus christ.  :lol ::)

Someone please drop this bomb the next time reee praises Classic Game Room:

Jansen

« Reply #17113 on: February 19, 2018, 03:08:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4717379/

Quote from: woman
Yes. I would kill racists and rapists.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #17114 on: February 19, 2018, 03:11:14 PM »
I’d kill the people responsible for fucking up my DoorDash/UberEATs/Postmates order every time it happens. I’d be very impulsive with my killing. Everyone that makes me feel something I even marginally dislike would die.
serge

etiolate

« Reply #17115 on: February 19, 2018, 03:14:25 PM »
wait

their username is actually woman

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #17116 on: February 19, 2018, 03:18:12 PM »
The premise of the article is basically since we eat caged chickens we shouldn't blame others for eating cats and dogs. This is like how republicans think, but taken to l extreme on the other political side - devoid of critical thinking. The very act of eating is barbaric, no matter what. Yes, absolutely the cattle we eat must be kept under humane conditions. I think humans realized over time that you can breed cattle for a hundred different things: Milk, eggs, cheese, wool, meat, and even use cow poop as fuel/wall material. Dogs are different than cattle not only in emotional intelligence, but also empathy and loyalty and breeding such intelligent creatures just to eat them is cruel. You can train a dog to dial 911 when someone's in danger. Good luck doing that with a chicken. So we just eat dumb animals? Maybe, but thats how it always has been. People historically resorted to eating cats and dogs when there was a famine or siege, not as a delicacy.

What stupid, thoughtless comment. You can train a chicken to beat a human at tic tac toe.

And yet whenever I try to teach my dog chess she just bites the pieces like a fucking idiot, no matter how badly I punish her.

agrajag

« Reply #17117 on: February 19, 2018, 03:43:40 PM »
    They actually aren't more savvy. They don't create their own tools, just exploit other systems/tools/networks to upend the order in their favor. They can't actually build movements like #metoo. Because that involves being inclusive and tolerant.   

Boredfrom

« Reply #17118 on: February 19, 2018, 03:51:15 PM »
    They actually aren't more savvy. They don't create their own tools, just exploit other systems/tools/networks to upend the order in their favor. They can't actually build movements like #metoo. Because that involves being inclusive and tolerant.   

That stuff is pretty whisful thinking, I have seen people exploit social networks for political gain way before the current Rusia shitstorm.

etiolate

« Reply #17119 on: February 19, 2018, 04:00:02 PM »

Money or no money right now, the fake e-celeb life is over for him.

For all the shit I give him, part of my view upon him is that he cultivated that gaf/reset crowd for its attractiveness to advertisers. There's been various signs that the #resist lunatics are of interest or use to corporate marketing. They don't buy anything, but they sure do make a ton of noise and do free advertising for a product. Considering the site's shrinking alexa, I figured that angle is what he was going for to keep up a life with little real work and plenty of extravagance.

Now that market group is gone, so his opening up to criticizing that group is likely an attempt to get the market that does buy stuff. The money in the business is going to look at the financial success of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, look at the negative press it got, and probably want that audience. They'll still use the resist crowd, because their lunacy actually drives sales for what they hate, but they will also target the actual buying market.

Though I doubt Evilore can attract the same crowd he had just shat on for years. Who knows. That's just my very cynical view of why GAF and Reset are how they are. It's always money.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #17120 on: February 19, 2018, 04:07:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-people-in-toronto-are-doing-the-black-panther-greeting.24341/

corny af
Who cares? Let them have this

Like nerds going around saying May the Force be with you to others... but you know...actually culturally empowering and significant

Okay...

nudemacusers

« Reply #17121 on: February 19, 2018, 04:10:14 PM »
Yikes at all the advocates of broad murder in that thread... but then again they’re soft college millennials for the most part so it’s not too threatening.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Boredfrom

« Reply #17122 on: February 19, 2018, 04:12:49 PM »
The Kingdom Come game was succesfull because it was a good game (by Eurojank standards) and the controversy was transparently manufactured.

Boredfrom

« Reply #17123 on: February 19, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »
Yikes at all the advocates of broad murder in that thread... but then again they’re soft college millennials for the most part so it’s not too threatening.

The thread is hilarious, is like reading a bunch of edgy teenegers.

Sami cracks me up with this.

Except for the tyrants who both directly and indirectly murder millions because your morals are more important than stopping them

lol

nudemacusers

« Reply #17124 on: February 19, 2018, 04:26:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/4720274/

Jesusland gets all the nukes and like 90% of the bombers, I guess.  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #17125 on: February 19, 2018, 04:32:29 PM »
There’s just so many problems in the US. Deep rooted problems that go back to the civil war. I think there are distinctly two America’s and that if we do not find a way to bridge a gap soon, the current path we are on will be unsustainable.

At the root of it, is racism. But there’s climate change, immigration, gun control, healthcare... the list goes on and on.

This cunt really does think everything revolves around oppression. It's no wonder most of these fucks live in a trailer or a dumpster.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17126 on: February 19, 2018, 04:38:51 PM »

And the north gets to keep Donald Trump, while we get Co-Presidents Bill and Hillary.
©@©™

Jansen

« Reply #17127 on: February 19, 2018, 04:48:50 PM »
 resetERA
-Where admitting you'd murder people is okay-

No warnings. No bans. Just murder.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #17128 on: February 19, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »

Oh, it’s a Cream thread. No wonder there’s little thought put into it.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #17129 on: February 19, 2018, 04:54:41 PM »

Then he wanted to come stay at my place but I told him he couldnt.

lol
What

Bore Expert

« Reply #17130 on: February 19, 2018, 04:58:11 PM »
One of the admins (& the guy who asked me to help run it pre-launch) blocked me for this tweet & the convo that followed

Good thing I turned him down I guess

An atmosphere that protects bad actors & shitposters leads to a community only suitable FOR bad actors & shitposters

:bobby was asked to help run Ree? Just think of what could have been

:lucas

I think it's not even a question: They ABSOLUTELY set this place up as more-or-less an apology TO malicious & whiny contributors who got kicked out of the community once already.

It's set up almost *entirely* to appeal to (and seek approval from) shitposters.

If that’s the case, why does Ree keep banning you guys? 
:idont

Averon

« Reply #17131 on: February 19, 2018, 05:01:01 PM »
Has anyone here actually met Tyler in person in one of the GAF meetup? Is he as creepy as he appears?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #17132 on: February 19, 2018, 05:19:09 PM »
How do you tell if you're gay or straight if you're blind from birth?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #17133 on: February 19, 2018, 06:14:29 PM »
How do you tell if you're gay or straight if you're blind from birth?
By feeling tits, dick, and puss.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #17134 on: February 19, 2018, 06:22:19 PM »
Has anyone here actually met Tyler in person in one of the GAF meetup? Is he as creepy as he appears?

Met him twice. He was actually pretty cool in person, for the most part.

So you kept the bathroom door open, huh?  :doge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

nudemacusers

« Reply #17136 on: February 19, 2018, 06:30:55 PM »
:drudge https://www.resetera.com/posts/4723497/ :drudge
This wouldn’t happen at Olive Garden, where you’re family :trumps
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #17137 on: February 19, 2018, 06:43:48 PM »

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #17139 on: February 19, 2018, 06:53:44 PM »
LionPride fills me with human pride

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #17141 on: February 19, 2018, 06:56:06 PM »

Is Taco Bell employee now an identity politics category?

Ps. Thanks Nate for getting the best warning yet.
serge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #17142 on: February 19, 2018, 06:56:57 PM »
You actually caught a warning :dead

FStop7

« Reply #17143 on: February 19, 2018, 06:57:32 PM »
Mr. YUM! Brands draws a lot of water in this town, Lebowski.

EightBitNate

« Reply #17144 on: February 19, 2018, 06:58:07 PM »
Ive been behaving so well, too.

There have been literally been threads devoted to the discussion of all cops being corrupt, but stereotype one fast food worker...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #17145 on: February 19, 2018, 07:03:30 PM »

There have been literally been threads devoted to the discussion of all cops being corrupt, but stereotype one fast food worker...
They're commies Nate.
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #17146 on: February 19, 2018, 07:13:44 PM »

ree probably has more fast food workers than cops.

etiolate

« Reply #17147 on: February 19, 2018, 07:13:47 PM »
We need a Sneak King movie for better representation of the fast food employee.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

EightBitNate

« Reply #17149 on: February 19, 2018, 07:16:59 PM »
Quote from: LionPride
I'm black

Like I don't like, I don't trust, I don't fuck with the police

I'll treat them with respect, but fuck em

This was yesterday btw

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #17150 on: February 19, 2018, 07:17:15 PM »
Someone get sloppy steve on the phone.  :doge

I'm black

This was yesterday btw
You should've said you're black
🤴

Jansen

« Reply #17151 on: February 19, 2018, 07:17:39 PM »

:/

You try to call out a racist and get dog piled. Smh.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4725229/

lionpride has been banned for posting like that before but he just can't help himself

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4469274/

guess there's no worries when you have daddy slayven protecting that ass

EightBitNate

« Reply #17152 on: February 19, 2018, 07:20:40 PM »
Someone get sloppy steve on the phone.  :doge

I'm black

This was yesterday btw
You should've said you're black

I’m Palestinian. If that’s not the ultimate oppression card then I don’t know what is.

Bore Expert

« Reply #17153 on: February 19, 2018, 07:21:30 PM »
I'm black

This was yesterday btw

Why you gotta bring up old shit? Lionpride was probably a dumb teenager when he posted that.

paprikastaude

« Reply #17154 on: February 19, 2018, 07:35:09 PM »
I’m Palestinian. If that’s not the ultimate oppression card then I don’t know what is.

That's not prominent enough in reee's US-dominated world view, sorry.

« Reply #17155 on: February 19, 2018, 07:45:48 PM »
Who wants to step up and enjoy the same kind of success KindaFunny found after firing Colin to appeal to this crowd?

Averon

« Reply #17156 on: February 19, 2018, 08:02:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trolls-are-posting-fake-claims-of-being-assaulted-at-showings-of-black-panther.23815/page-6

It is a major historical event.

No. It really isn't.

The numbers don't lie.

Last 100 years or so.. in no specific order:

WW1, WW2, Moon landing, Internet, Assassinations of world leaders, 9/11, Atomic energy and weaponry, etc.

Don't care what the numbers say, it's not a major historical event.

Let's get a grip people. Or at least minimize the hyperbole.

IN YOUR OPINION. Your opinion isn't fact.

Since the numbers don't fit into your limited worldview, you will ignore them. That is your choice. However, your choice doesn't dictate reality.

Sorry.

Works of art can be historic events.

What exactly was hyperbole on my part? I listed a couple major historical events of the last 100 years.

Illest1 is trying his hardest to get them off the hyperbole, but they ain't having it.

And now you got the not-so-subtle implication that he's a racist.

You know why. Though (s/he)'s gonna act all offended now.

The guy can't win and will eat a ban if he doesn't bow out.

EightBitNate

« Reply #17157 on: February 19, 2018, 08:20:41 PM »
Cerium is a good dude

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #17158 on: February 19, 2018, 08:21:30 PM »
I'm extremely sympathetic to works of art being historic events but sucking Disney's cock can never be one.
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #17159 on: February 19, 2018, 08:22:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trolls-are-posting-fake-claims-of-being-assaulted-at-showings-of-black-panther.23815/page-6

It is a major historical event.

No. It really isn't.

The numbers don't lie.

Last 100 years or so.. in no specific order:

WW1, WW2, Moon landing, Internet, Assassinations of world leaders, 9/11, Atomic energy and weaponry, etc.

Don't care what the numbers say, it's not a major historical event.

Let's get a grip people. Or at least minimize the hyperbole.

IN YOUR OPINION. Your opinion isn't fact.

Since the numbers don't fit into your limited worldview, you will ignore them. That is your choice. However, your choice doesn't dictate reality.

Sorry.

Works of art can be historic events.

What exactly was hyperbole on my part? I listed a couple major historical events of the last 100 years.

Illest1 is trying his hardest to get them off the hyperbole, but they ain't having it.

And now you got the not-so-subtle implication that he's a racist.

You know why. Though (s/he)'s gonna act all offended now.

The guy can't win and will eat a ban if he doesn't bow out.

i like how they are trying to paint that poster as someone raining on their parade instead of him correctly pointing out that it is not a major historical event.