Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2192573 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY
« Reply #19740 on: February 28, 2018, 09:48:20 PM »
Lawrence Krauss got #metoo'd?   :stop

I guess i'm not surprised. Nerd gets a bit of fame, uses that fame to try and pull chics. I doubt anything he did was actual harassment though.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #19741 on: February 28, 2018, 09:50:54 PM »
Someone should post the "threads like this show ERA isn't the progressive forum I thought it was" complaint in that Oprah thread. Nobody will know what exactly you're complaining about.

Clockwork5

« Reply #19742 on: February 28, 2018, 09:51:39 PM »
The Oprah cult is terrifying enough already.

Please God, do not tell her to run for president. Please.

venereology

« Reply #19743 on: February 28, 2018, 09:57:38 PM »
but what if we all get cars

Shuri

« Reply #19744 on: February 28, 2018, 09:58:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dailybeast-alex-jones-accused-of-sexual-harassment.26477/

ResetERA.com moderation "B-Dubs" caught protecting  Alex Jones in strange decision.

Dailymail is questionable most of the time, but they did break the Porter abuse story.  It seems that  B-Dubs, ResetERA.com moderator did not read the actual sources linked, as it contain scanned court documents, lots of comments from legitimate lawyers, several interviews from past infowars employees, and statements from Alex Jones and his own father who pretty much confirmed some of the accusations, such as the alleged homophobic environment,

Very strange turn of event..

BisMarckie

« Reply #19745 on: February 28, 2018, 10:14:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/frozen-director-gives-glimmer-of-hope-elsa-could-get-a-girlfriend.26275/

7 pages of sperging out about the sexuality of a character in a Disney(Lucasfilm?) movie for children. :derp

Jansen

« Reply #19746 on: February 28, 2018, 10:36:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dailybeast-alex-jones-accused-of-sexual-harassment.26477/

ResetERA.com moderation "B-Dubs" caught protecting  Alex Jones in strange decision.

Dailymail is questionable most of the time, but they did break the Porter abuse story.  It seems that  B-Dubs, ResetERA.com moderator did not read the actual sources linked, as it contain scanned court documents, lots of comments from legitimate lawyers, several interviews from past infowars employees, and statements from Alex Jones and his own father who pretty much confirmed some of the accusations, such as the alleged homophobic environment,

Very strange turn of event..

i hope you get junior'd for complaining

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19747 on: February 28, 2018, 10:45:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/frozen-director-gives-glimmer-of-hope-elsa-could-get-a-girlfriend.26275/

7 pages of sperging out about the sexuality of a character in a Disney(Lucasfilm?) movie for children. :derp

User Banned (24h): For framing inclusivity efforts as less-white representation instead of more-diverse representation. There is a meaningful semantic distance between advocating for "more diversity" and "less white men."
©@©™

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #19748 on: February 28, 2018, 10:55:38 PM »

User Banned (24h): For framing inclusivity efforts as less-white representation instead of more-diverse representation. There is a meaningful semantic distance between advocating for "more diversity" and "less white men."

I appreciate this warning.

nudemacusers

« Reply #19749 on: February 28, 2018, 11:03:40 PM »

User Warned: Disingenuously appropriating another forum’s moderation tools and framing progressive inclusivity efforts in bad faith.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #19750 on: February 28, 2018, 11:44:27 PM »
Could someone explain what “posting in bad faith” means besides “having an opinion the site doesn’t agree with”?

Looking for genuine answers.
It's an evolution of these posters slowly decaying the meaning of the term "trolling" when they were on GAF. It's an accusation that you don't actually mean what you're arguing you're just trying to set people off for laughs or hate site cred or whatever.

And it's well known that you're doing this because literally nobody could actually hold those positions, it's figuratively literally impossible, so by posting them you're not in good faith presenting an actual counterargument to their arguments you're simply and deliberately trying to erode the standards of the community for nefarious ends.

But if one were to actually hold that position, to be posting...ingenuously, that's even worse.  Either you're playing some sort of devil's advocate/riling people up, or you honestly believe those things.  Resetera moderators always try to give users the benefit of the doubt by assuming the best about them - it's more likely you're goofing around than truly racist and sexist.  Honestly it's quite charitable of them.
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #19751 on: February 28, 2018, 11:48:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5055675/

Should have known better than to point out the double standard of mocking people who claim god literally speaks to them in support of Trump, but who also defend Oprah for literally expecting god to speak to her.

Or as they call it on Resetera, "trolling".

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19752 on: February 28, 2018, 11:53:25 PM »
I refuse to like your post about Rhodes, colonizer. I will ironically like your post about me liking your post though  :-[

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19753 on: February 28, 2018, 11:56:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/oprah-if-im-supposed-to-run-for-president-god-has-to-tell-me.26305/page-9
Oh, she’s a nutter. Abort.
User Warned: Equating religious belief with mental illness.
  :whoo

Lol let’s see someone in that trans thread say they’re against it for religious purposes.
(Christian)Religion is pretty low on the oppression totem so it's not hard to imagine what would happen.

Bonus hot take: People who wait from signs from god and/or believes in the literal word of religious text are nutters and should be called out.

venereology

« Reply #19754 on: March 01, 2018, 12:31:30 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #19755 on: March 01, 2018, 01:13:37 AM »
aaronology going to work as hard for Queen Oprah as he did Queen Hillary i see

jorma

« Reply #19756 on: March 01, 2018, 01:23:55 AM »
The Oprah cult is terrifying enough already.

Please God, do not tell her to run for president. Please.

Stupid Yuropean here and please please please run for president because god personally told you so, Oprah. That would be amazing and also probably ensure that the next US election is as entertaining and WTF? as the last one!

And then the internet would have four years to figure out how to top that shitshow. If Trump wins in 2020 and turns out to not be literally Hitler and respects his term limit they could have Brianna Wu (d) vs Chelsea Manning (alt-r) in 2024. Only your imagination is the limit!

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #19757 on: March 01, 2018, 01:25:47 AM »
Wise business decision. He's probably burned through the Correct the Record money by now. Who knows who much cash Oprah will be throwing around.
 :money

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19758 on: March 01, 2018, 01:33:33 AM »
You know how people have this 'Id marry/do that guy/girl for money' person in mind when talking about that(or maybe i'm the only one and just weird). Oprah is that person for me, and I'd hit it/marry for $2million bux as that's what I feel I can live on comfortably for the rest of my days.

Bonus
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bill Gates at $3.1 million  :rash
[close]

« Reply #19759 on: March 01, 2018, 01:49:50 AM »
Michael Moore accurately predicted Trump would win.
He also predicted years ago that Oprah would win in a landslide if she ever ran for president.

Fuck it, why not? 
 :-\

« Reply #19760 on: March 01, 2018, 01:51:58 AM »
You know how people have this 'Id marry/do that guy/girl for money' person in mind when talking about that(or maybe i'm the only one and just weird). Oprah is that person for me, and I'd hit it/marry for $2million bux as that's what I feel I can live on comfortably for the rest of my days.

Bonus
[close]

Michael Moore or Donald Trump?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19761 on: March 01, 2018, 01:55:06 AM »

Bonus
[close]

Michael Moore or Donald Trump?
:-X :-X :-X

Moore, no one would care and I wouldnt become a scandal celeb.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #19762 on: March 01, 2018, 01:55:52 AM »
"Samurai Jack season 5 disappointment is one of the worst feelings I have faced in my life"
每天生气

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #19763 on: March 01, 2018, 01:57:30 AM »
Branu caught a week ban in that SA thread, hours after it was locked.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5041240/

User Banned (1 Week Pending Review): History of Defending/Advocating Violence.

and was the only ban in that thread.

O-o-o-oooo-ooooovertuuuuuurned.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19764 on: March 01, 2018, 01:58:06 AM »
"Samurai Jack season 5 disappointment is one of the worst feelings I have faced in my life"
a) Go out and face some adversity
b) Samurai Jack's last season was the best season, fuck off!
c) fuck you cunt.

which reetard is this?

shosta

« Reply #19765 on: March 01, 2018, 02:01:41 AM »
It was shuri
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19766 on: March 01, 2018, 02:04:52 AM »
Shuri meet me on a hill bae, we're doing this!

shosta

« Reply #19767 on: March 01, 2018, 02:05:52 AM »
It wasn't shuri
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19768 on: March 01, 2018, 02:24:02 AM »
I hate you mom.

Tasty

« Reply #19769 on: March 01, 2018, 02:28:58 AM »
Jack s5 would have been much better if Ashi was killed off in her initial battle with Jack. :trumps

And also I wish it had more episodes but not much could have been done with that.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #19770 on: March 01, 2018, 03:51:29 AM »
woke

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #19771 on: March 01, 2018, 03:57:36 AM »
Deep fake and bad faith witnesses. It never happened and you'll get an actionable warning if you bring it up in public mister !
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #19772 on: March 01, 2018, 04:43:46 AM »
Gotta admit... I'm curious. I suppose in the grand scheme of things budgeting something out to investigate this wouldn't cost that much. I don't think anyone is expecting Mueller to check this out personally, otherwise all it would take is a bomb in the interrogation room to "send a message".

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5048512/

:hans1

Not an expert on international criminal law or politics, but it seems unlikely that the US government can extract a Russian citizen from from a jail Thailand legally...

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5060895/

Ooooh man, don't be a downer.
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #19773 on: March 01, 2018, 05:33:57 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

The [/user] tag was also removed by a mod (no new editing note).

Anyone gonna PM this to Cerium? =]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #19774 on: March 01, 2018, 05:35:19 AM »
I want to collect all this hypocritical mod decisions and bullshit and post it in a huge thread in Etc on Era.

Unless something changes in the way they moderate the forum, I don't really feel like going back there except showcase how hypocritical the mods and admins on Reeeeeeeeeeee are.

Shit is just pathetic to be honest.

They are moderating in bad faith
What

benjipwns

« Reply #19775 on: March 01, 2018, 06:17:59 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #19777 on: March 01, 2018, 08:20:55 AM »
I want to collect all this hypocritical mod decisions and bullshit and post it in a huge thread in Etc on Era.

Unless something changes in the way they moderate the forum, I don't really feel like going back there except showcase how hypocritical the mods and admins on Reeeeeeeeeeee are.

Oh please. You’re just saying that because you’re banned.

kingv

« Reply #19778 on: March 01, 2018, 08:45:54 AM »

Oprah is basically Democratic Trump. She frightens me, because I can easily see the same demographic groups that broke hard for Hillary to break just as hard or harder for Oprah. But whereas Hillary actually was qualified to run for President, and had a set of experience well-suited to sit in the Oval Office, Oprah has none.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19779 on: March 01, 2018, 09:05:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5054195/

Quote from: Ventara
You know, I really hoped we left these demeaning Vita jokes behind on Gaf, but I see it's just gonna be the same here.

Those VNs that you guys make fun of, do you think that the PS4 doesn't get just as many? Or that the XB1 or WiiU were popular enough in Japan to have them most of them ported?
:uguu

That collection
:crazy

Weird way to stealth brag about your vidya collection.  Why does he have doubles of so many of them?

Maybe sell some of shit off and go buy a decent bed.  :doge
ど助平

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #19780 on: March 01, 2018, 09:20:36 AM »
If the feds come and confiscate a game he has backups duh
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:31:38 AM by zomgee »
rub

kingv

« Reply #19781 on: March 01, 2018, 09:27:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5054195/

Quote from: Ventara
You know, I really hoped we left these demeaning Vita jokes behind on Gaf, but I see it's just gonna be the same here.

Those VNs that you guys make fun of, do you think that the PS4 doesn't get just as many? Or that the XB1 or WiiU were popular enough in Japan to have them most of them ported?
:uguu

That collection
:crazy

Weird way to stealth brag about your vidya collection.  Why does he have doubles of so many of them?

Maybe sell some of shit off and go buy a decent bed.  :doge

You never wanted a MINT UNOPENED copy of Lumines? That shit is going to be worth a fortune one day.

tummyfat

« Reply #19782 on: March 01, 2018, 09:53:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5066660

In a thread about a Pakistani court ordering the names of people who left Islam.

Anyway, I mean...Islam is the state's national religion. If a sovereign nation wants to persecute its people because of apostasy, who are we to judge?

At least their religion is an actual religion. Here in America, we worship (gun) violence.

It's ok they might kill you for leaving Islam because at least you're not worshipping (gun) violence like those Americans

FunSlower

« Reply #19783 on: March 01, 2018, 09:56:02 AM »

that would require effort

and honestly, everyone knows this

don't waste your time

tummyfat

« Reply #19784 on: March 01, 2018, 09:57:16 AM »
User Banned (Length Pending): Transphobia / Disingenuous Argument / Whataboutism

Sometimes it's like they know we make fun of them for these ban messages and throw out a greatest hits just for us

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #19785 on: March 01, 2018, 10:03:20 AM »

In a thread about a Pakistani court ordering the names of people who left Islam.

Anyway, I mean...Islam is the state's national religion. If a sovereign nation wants to persecute its people because of apostasy, who are we to judge?

At least their religion is an actual religion. Here in America, we worship (gun) violence.

It's ok they might kill you for leaving Islam because at least you're not worshipping (gun) violence like those Americans

That's not even the best part.

User Warned: Use of a racial slur.
My Paki friends left for this very reason. Not that they were Qadiani, but that the country is taken over by radical islam.

Which is fucking sad.Because Paki people are amazing.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5063908/

We don't allow racial slurs to be posted on the forum. The warning was to let both the poster and those that read this thread know that.

:doge :doge :doge

I guess Lionpride's days are numbered.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19786 on: March 01, 2018, 10:11:50 AM »
Neogaf seems to have an 8chan problem. Wapo:
That same conspiracy was pushed and liked by dozens of new members here over the past week, in part as illustrated in this thread (some of these same posters have since deleted the 8chans pictures they posted once the “kek” flags and other anti Semitic symbols in them were pointed out but the posts, absent these pics, are otherwise the same) https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-speech-that-sparked-a-revolution.1461151/

CONSPIRACY THEORIES
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #19787 on: March 01, 2018, 10:26:54 AM »

That's not even the best part.

User Warned: Use of a racial slur.
My Paki friends left for this very reason. Not that they were Qadiani, but that the country is taken over by radical islam.

Which is fucking sad.Because Paki people are amazing.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5063908/

We don't allow racial slurs to be posted on the forum. The warning was to let both the poster and those that read this thread know that.

:doge :doge :doge

I guess Lionpride's days are numbered.

Nah, nicca. He's black, don't you know? He's safe to use that word! (GO ON AND SAY IT! I KNOW YOU WANT TO CALL ME IT!, oh wait... that was another BCT poster)

benjipwns

« Reply #19788 on: March 01, 2018, 10:27:21 AM »
User banned (duration pending): justifying religious persecution by a sovereign nation
The "sovereign nation" flourish is a nice touch on this one. People can get banned anywhere, okay? They come to ResetERA for the atmosphere and the attitude. Okay? That's what the flair's about. It's about fun.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19789 on: March 01, 2018, 10:30:12 AM »
Paki as a slur has limited use, like it only works if you're a chav in London shouting at a shop owner for being a shop owner, the rest of the non British influenced world is blissfully unaware of it.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19790 on: March 01, 2018, 10:33:51 AM »
It just kind of clicked with me how many, and how specific English slurs get lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #19791 on: March 01, 2018, 10:38:44 AM »
If I'm right in assuming their former empire as the reason, they might have the most diverse set of slurs.

tummyfat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19793 on: March 01, 2018, 10:58:17 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/hi-lets-talk-about-off-topic-and-each-other.1461052/page-3#post-253193582
Quote from: GamingEnthusiast, post: 253193872, member: 717789
Quote from: Vinsanity., post: 253189495, member: 102776
Dude, Tyler.  This site needed to excise a ton of garbage, and it is a better place for it.  I'm on the other site as well, and OT there is a complete rotten cesspool of political echoing.  You either believe what they believe, or you get completely dogpiled until a mod warns or bans you.  I avoid posting in OT threads there, it is a complete mess...and the mods are having to constantly babysit every political thread.  There are so many mod bans with the stated reason as "disingenuous posting" that it isn't even funny.  That is their fallback crutch for anyone that doesn't agree with the masses...they must be "posting disingenuously".

It's the exact same dogpile that happened here to you.  You either agreed with the masses and left NeoGAF to join the echo chamber on another site...or you're obviously a monster if you stay here.  It's sad really..
Check out my post about Resetera on the introduction to Gaf thread.
Tyler, this may be one of the greatest and most honest posts ive seen on any gaming forum and it fucking sucks what happened to you and the ungratefulness of that community who chose to execute you through trial by public opinion. Horrible to say the least and even if this site doesn't have as much traffic as before, there's still this sense of calmness and sensibility that isn't common anymore on gaming forums. ResetERA is a site that deceived me and I chose to go against it and its mods because of their facade. Looking forward to becoming a full member of GaF so that I can make some good threads.

Gets called out for all his trolling (on another forum) and then...

GamingEnthusiast
Banned

:neogaf

He's here on the Bore, right?  :lol
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #19794 on: March 01, 2018, 11:22:07 AM »
:donot no summons pls

Edit man gaf2 is ugly, and not charming ugly like this place.

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19796 on: March 01, 2018, 11:27:40 AM »
ugly like this place.
Doesnt need to be, but I've kinda accepted it just has to be. Dressing us up for the ball would be like putting lipstick on an obese giraffe

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #19797 on: March 01, 2018, 11:32:56 AM »
The chinese are raughing

And licking their chops

The most offensive thing about this is that you didn't get your racism right. It's the Japanese that can't say the L. Chinese can't say R.

What a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #19798 on: March 01, 2018, 11:35:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5071492/

Thread successfully derailed.
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!