Author Topic: Celebrity Sexual Harasment Apocalypse Thread  (Read 122082 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Celebrity Sexual Harasment Apocalypse Thread
« on: November 09, 2017, 01:53:39 PM »
List of fallen people grows larger, much like mass shooting we need an OT to stay on top (with consent) of who dun what

Cosby / dead
Weinstein / dead
Spacey / dead but he is now gay
Seagal / under siege

whos next?

agrajag

Re: Celebrity Sexual Harasment Apocalypse Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 01:54:52 PM »
you forgot

Dustin Hoffman
Roman Polansky
Danny Masterson

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 01:56:04 PM »
Dustin Hoffman?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 01:57:31 PM »
Gonna be Louis CK today.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 02:08:37 PM »
I'm surprised that Bryan Singer hasn't gotten dusted yet.
dog

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 02:13:15 PM »
Mariah Carey

agrajag

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 02:13:51 PM »
Charlie Sheen?

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 02:15:47 PM »
Bowser

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 02:18:11 PM »
Chris Hardwick

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »
Rich dudes groping women, im shocked.

samir

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »
Tyler Malka

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 02:50:39 PM »
Maybe that's why his netflix comedy thing had some unfunny bit about surpressed gay tendencies or whatever that crap was. Gonna pull a Keyser Soze.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 02:54:36 PM »
It’s almost like he foreshadowed this with his comedy, always calling himself a POS, saying he’s famous for now but not to worry it will all come crashing down etc etc

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »
Christopher Plummer is only one old man, guys, slow up a little bit.
dog

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »
Don't worry everyone, it's okay. He's actually gay as well.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 03:00:05 PM »
The story says he always asked before doing it. The dude just has a kink and these women are shaming him. Shame on them. This is almost as bad as that awful, untalented woman trying to go after David Cross.

serge

TVC15

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 03:18:13 PM »
Really, if asking to masturbate in front of someone is “sexual misconduct,” about 3/4ths of the regulars here could accurately accuse me of it. That headline is libelous.
serge

Himu

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 03:24:09 PM »
I really liked Louis. Disappointed. He seemed such a good guy. Prayers for his victims.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 03:26:23 PM »
This is why he should have gone the Jim Norton route and just laid out his entire sexual history in his act. Then he wouldn't have a bunch of nobodies trying to make their name off of him

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 03:27:40 PM »
According to the article, Louis reached out to two of the victims and apologized for his actions. (many years after the incidents).

Was it because of guilt? Or because he finally had a career worth protecting? Hard to say, but I find it interesting that most of these incidents happened in the window of time where his career was at a low point and his marriage was falling apart.

I'm not really ready to bury this guy and lump him in with the Wiensteins of the world. Unless more people come out and say he's been doing this his whole adult life.

Trurl

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2017, 03:28:41 PM »
Louis CK probably thought masturbating in front of people would be funny.  You have to give comedians room to test things out.

Trurl

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 03:31:22 PM »
Christopher Plummer is only one old man, guys, slow up a little bit.
I'm hoping that Christopher Plummer ends up being the greatest monster of all.

TVC15

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 03:31:36 PM »
Really, what’s the acceptable way to masturbate in front of a woman and not have it be misconduct? Does there need to be a countersigned contract? Do lawyers need to be involved? An Outlook invite?

The funny thing about this is that I like Tig better than Louis, so my natural inclination would be to take her side, but this seems to be a nothingburger so far. I like Louis as a standup, but not Louis the auteur. I find his show really hit and miss and up its own butt sometimes.
serge

samir

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 03:31:48 PM »
Louis CK always comes of as a piece of shit so I wouldn't be surprised.

Funny guy though.

TVC15

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 03:36:35 PM »
Holy shit look at this NY Times-worthy sexual misconduct in today’s Mary Worth!

serge

ToxicAdam

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »
Aldo never would've jacked off on Mary Worth.

TVC15

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 03:43:22 PM »
Aldo never would've jacked off on Mary Worth.

With one hand on the wheel and the other on a bottle, he couldn’t have even if he wanted to.
serge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 03:46:42 PM »
According to the article, Louis reached out to two of the victims and apologized for his actions. (many years after the incidents).

Was it because of guilt? Or because he finally had a career worth protecting? Hard to say, but I find it interesting that most of these incidents happened in the window of time where his career was at a low point and his marriage was falling apart.

I'm not really ready to bury this guy and lump him in with the Wiensteins of the world. Unless more people come out and say he's been doing this his whole adult life.

Tig Notaro said there was an "incident" a couple years ago which would keep him from ever working with her in the future. The NYT story doesn't even mention Jen Kirkman. People in comedy have been tweeting about how widespread his reputation was (including a guy who said he heard about it at Second City in 2014-15).

What are the odds that this article represents all the stories?

Personally, I don't think "the incidents were mostly concentrated in a 5-7 year period" is that exculpatory. YMMV I guess.

TVC15

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 03:46:45 PM »
why do they draw the eyes so small

baka foreigners

Probably because we don’t like our women to look like young children.
serge

etiolate

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 03:48:03 PM »
Think of the female comics for which he didn't masturbate. Boy are they going to have hang-ups.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 03:48:40 PM »
Really, what’s the acceptable way to masturbate in front of a woman and not have it be misconduct? Does there need to be a countersigned contract? Do lawyers need to be involved? An Outlook invite?
A "yes"?  :badass

kingv

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 03:50:16 PM »
Really, if asking to masturbate in front of someone is “sexual misconduct,” about 3/4ths of the regulars here could accurately accuse me of it. That headline is libelous.

I wonder if this issue isn't so much that he has his kink but that even after they declined watching him bust a nut HE FUCKING DID IT ANYWAY.

I mean they were in his hotel room.

Leave? :doge

Kind of /s, but whatever, he apologized without beinprompted so...  :idont

TVC15

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2017, 03:50:19 PM »

Tig Notaro said there was an "incident" a couple years ago which would keep him from ever working with her in the future. The NYT story doesn't even mention Jen Kirkman. People in comedy have been tweeting about how widespread his reputation was (including a guy who said he heard about it at Second City in 2014-15).

I’m guessing they excluded mentioning Jen since she said she wasn’t talking about Louis, even though many people still think she was.
serge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2017, 03:52:48 PM »
Louis just needed a chaturbate account

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2017, 03:54:26 PM »
lol @ the fanbabies

He's a creep, accept it already

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2017, 03:54:52 PM »
Kirkman was talking about him. Her clarification was that it had not happened to her personally, and she was talking about being aware of the reputation and factoring it in on whether to work or tour with him.

https://www.avclub.com/jen-kirkman-sets-the-record-straight-on-louis-ck-and-th-1818543488

TVC15

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2017, 03:55:24 PM »

I wonder if this issue isn't so much that he has his kink but that even after they declined watching him bust a nut HE FUCKING DID IT ANYWAY.

I mean they were in his hotel room.

Leave? :doge

Kind of /s, but whatever, he apologized without beinprompted so...  :idont

Some of the women said they did decline, but the story is unclear on whether he did his act.

The two in the first paragraph say they laughed off his invitation and he did it anyway so it’s unclear as to whether they consented. Typically poorly written, hyperliberal, probably intentionally obfuscatory NY Times article. Even if he did do something wrong to these wonen, the article is too unclear to tell.
serge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2017, 03:56:54 PM »
The part where he apologizes for shoving someone into a bathroom when that's not what he did to her.

:kobeyuck

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2017, 04:03:26 PM »
The part where he apologizes for shoving someone into a bathroom when that's not what he did to her.

Wasn't that one of the rumors? That he forced someone into a bathroom and made them watch him masturbate?

TVC15

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2017, 04:03:56 PM »

Let he who can remember everyone they ever assaulted and what precisely they did to them cast the first stone.
serge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2017, 04:06:09 PM »

The funny thing about this is that I like Tig better than Louis, so my natural inclination would be to take her side, but this seems to be a nothingburger so far. I like Louis as a standup, but not Louis the auteur. I find his show really hit and miss and up its own butt sometimes.

Are you seriously going to bat for someone that has a kink, is told "no that makes me uncomfortable" and then proceeds to do it anyway in front of the person that declined? :doge

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2017, 04:08:06 PM »
Don't think his career is ruined based on the nytimes article. The only part where I feel he crossed the line is masturbating over the phone, in the others he asked if it was okay and reacted accordingly.

The Aspen stories needs some more details cause the rumored one (Louie stood near the door and refused to let them leave until he finished) is far worse than what was written in the article.

He definitely has a problem with masturbating and should seek some kind of professional help for it, but these antics are nowhere near the level of Weinstein and Spacey, at least for now.

TVC15

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2017, 04:10:27 PM »

Are you seriously going to bat for someone that has a kink, is told "no that makes me uncomfortable" and then proceeds to do it anyway in front of the person that declined? :doge

(Uh, for one, I should probably make it clear I’m arguing in bad faith for fun. This is gross)

I think the article is deliberately unclear about whether he proceeded upon getting a decline, from what I recall. I think the article isn’t well written.
serge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2017, 04:15:47 PM »

(Uh, for one, I should probably make it clear I’m arguing in bad faith for fun. This is gross)

I think the article is deliberately unclear about whether he proceeded upon getting a decline, from what I recall. I think the article isn’t well written.

(As long as we're clear on that.)

The article shouldn't need to be told a hard no. When someone laughs awkwardly like "are you serious?" and then you proceed to do it and they're clearly uncomfortable by it to the point you apologize? Yeah, that's clearly crossing a line and there is no defending that.

I got nothing against him having an exhibitionist kink, but when folks are clearly uncomfortable by it and you apologize (privately) but then proceed to do it to others instead of confiding in them, seeing if they're into that, and then making a deal of popping it on them maybe in the future? Nope, no defense.

TVC15

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2017, 04:19:43 PM »

(As long as we're clear on that.)

The article shouldn't need to be told a hard no. When someone laughs awkwardly like "are you serious?" and then you proceed to do it and they're clearly uncomfortable by it to the point you apologize? Yeah, that's clearly crossing a line and there is no defending that.

I got nothing against him having an exhibitionist kink, but when folks are clearly uncomfortable by it and you apologize (privately) but then proceed to do it to others instead of confiding in them, seeing if they're into that, and then making a deal of popping it on them maybe in the future? Nope, no defense.

The incident in the first paragraph (the one I believe you’re referring to) is one of the ones I think needs more clarity. “They thought it was a joke and laughed it off.“ This makes their exact response unclear. It’s shitty writing on the Times part.
serge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2017, 04:23:01 PM »
You motherfucker, my people skills aren't good enough for this shit. :noah

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2017, 04:25:21 PM »
I’m disappointed this Louis CK news is overshadowing my blatant slander of Chris Hardwick

ToxicAdam

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2017, 05:06:46 PM »
None of these dudes have actually been charged though. Categorising them as dead, lmao. Sure it's damaging to their psyche and reputation but ultimately they remain rich old men, more than half the world doesnt give a fuck, and i imagine having their dirty laundry aired for all to see will eventually result in some level of self-actualization and relief. Hell, I bet Weinstein is getting off on his ability to manipulate the system to more-or-less get off scott free (hopefully not true), and i would bet good money Louis will stroke one out while reading the NYT story.   

I’m disappointed this Louis CK news is overshadowing my blatant slander of Chris Hardwick

I dont know her
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 05:16:11 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

TVC15

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2017, 05:07:09 PM »
Gotta say, I was hoping the Louis reveal would be more than just attaching names to the stories that have been floating around. I was hoping for something like getting Rosie O’Donnell pregnant in the 80s and forcing her to get an abortion at gunpoint, with the experience causing her to turn gay and gain weight from stress eating. That story would have made people feel bad about making fun of her weight for years.
serge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2017, 05:12:03 PM »
This makes that new movie of his pretty mind-boggling.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2017, 05:12:27 PM »
wait the ck movie is about woody allen?

you can't make this shit up huh

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2017, 05:18:25 PM »
Considering the last sexual scandal in the comedy world was Bill Cosby being the most prolific rapist in American history, Louie jerking off in front of people after asking is not going to hurt him. In fact, I expect him to joke about it on stage and everyone will have a giggle and move on.

No way. I don't think it'll kill his career but there's no way this just goes away - not now. If he's smart he acknowledges it by being honest and apologizing and goes away for awhile.
nat

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2017, 05:24:52 PM »

Can't help but find this kind of hilarious. Masturbation is going to happen in the morning.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2017, 05:33:43 PM »
I like the old CK stuff enough to ignore him forcing women to participate in his weird fetish, then again I'm a certified pervert, I can't even imagine the utterly disgusting and sick shit that would come out about me if I were a hollywood big wig, shit probably revolting enough to earn me an Icon status on the bore.
Drunk

etiolate

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2017, 05:37:17 PM »
Maybe Louis can take a note from Spacey and admit to this and having gone blind.