Author Topic: Monster Hunter World is out please dress your cat appropriately  (Read 40447 times)

Akala

• Easy Victor
Re: Monster Hunter World Beta is up
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2017, 10:38:00 AM »
I tried it last night and kinda liked it.

Corporal

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2017, 11:06:15 AM »
1. Yeah, we have glorious auto-resizing embedding tech on this here forum. :doge It's interesting how it works differently when you have a reply open (i.e. in the live thread preview area below).

2. Jumping styled ANYTHING in MHX was OP as fuck. You could roll into so many attacks, launch off them, and deliver a small but decent counter hit to the monster even with the supposedly slow and heavy weapons - while safely in the air, where barely any monster attacks reach. Flying monsters usually still have a tail or something similar hang down you you'll launch off to knock them out of the sky, which robbed them of much of their threat. Add the riding mechanism for even more risk-free damage. Felt unbalanced as fuck. Between that, the lack of 4U style story and wobbly 30fps, MHX ain't exactly my favourite.

3. I'm secretly a fan of MHTri underwater combat though. Sure, it was unwieldy and annoying and kinda barely fun, but it felt so very different while requiring an entire new set of skills. I know most people hated it though, and it's not like I can't understand their rage.

4. Sorry for all the derails and OT stuff. Please, more MHW impressions. Me, I still think the tracking/resource/etc glowing bug swarms are over the top. But that's just from watching some random streams.

Edit: 2.1. Plus, prowler mode was just unhinged. Unlimited utilities and basically invincible. LEL.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:10:57 AM by Corporal »
!list

Himu

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2017, 12:03:22 PM »
yeah a lot of that stuff looks cool but also looks to make you too agile to the point of becoming invincible. looks like it was done specifically to target those feggits who say MH is clunky or whatever
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2017, 12:10:12 PM »
What I don't understand, is, like the Destiny 2 beta, why don't they allow the character creator?  Wouldn't they like to factor that in when gathering beta info?  Shit's pretty stupid.  Character creators are a key selling point for some. 

Rahxephon91

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2017, 12:10:14 PM »
The fucking animation and attention to detail in this game is amazing.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2017, 02:39:58 PM »
What a massive fucking improvement over the previous games.

I guess it helps the series was stuck in the handheld ghetto for so long, lol.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2017, 05:32:01 PM »
Im fine if you dont like MH, but the problem with the argument is that what a lot of people new coming to series have a strong disliking to a lot of repeated aspects, turn out to be what a lot of the people who do like the game, love about it. It's a catch 22. Even for me, when I first got the og monster hunter on ps2, it took me sometime getting into it, there is a steep learning curve. But when it clicks, it makes a lot of sense.

I missed the beta, I dont own a ps4, but will be buying a ps4 to play with irl mates. Im assuming y'all be playing on ps4 then?

I'm not going to lie.

I'm going to miss the charm of the mh of old.

Tasty

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2017, 06:51:27 PM »
I play Great Sword so I understand the clunky complaints a little, even if they completely miss the mark on why it makes the game more fun, not less.

Switters

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2017, 09:28:55 AM »
Where do I find the beta on PSN? I'm a plus member and I can't find it no where.
troll

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2017, 09:40:35 AM »
beta is over now sorry
pcp

Switters

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2017, 09:50:34 AM »
 :snoop 
troll

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2017, 11:32:31 PM »
Here's some facts:

1. As an MonHun expert I know what I'm talking about.
2. I played 100 hours of MonHun 2 on my iphone using touch controls. Essentially, I have mastered Monster Hunter and its gameplay/controls because I'm not a shit gamer.
3. Haters of MonHun are scrubs.
4. These scrubs should stick to Souls games or w/e.

I have no idea why people think MH is clunky. And more often than not it means they've played it for maybe ten minutes.
:expert

FWIW, I literally copy-pasted your own text after the colon for this emoticon.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2017, 12:09:19 AM »
Sorry, that was dickish.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2017, 08:27:09 AM »
but also funny
pcp

Himu

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2017, 09:36:06 AM »
I do not give a shit and regret nothing
IYKYK

Corporal

« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2017, 07:25:02 PM »
I do not give a shit and regret nothing
Words to live by. 8)
!list

paprikastaude

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »
Demo reupload Next beta on the 22nd, PS+ not needed.

Himu

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2017, 11:40:35 AM »
Here's some facts:

1. As an MonHun expert I know what I'm talking about.
2. I played 100 hours of MonHun 2 on my iphone using touch controls. Essentially, I have mastered Monster Hunter and its gameplay/controls because I'm not a shit gamer.
3. Haters of MonHun are scrubs.
4. These scrubs should stick to Souls games or w/e.

I have no idea why people think MH is clunky. And more often than not it means they've played it for maybe ten minutes.
:expert

FWIW, I literally copy-pasted your own text after the colon for this emoticon.

Forgot about this because I was drunk the other night I think but this was a clear reference to Demi and him always calling himself a _______ expert. It was done tongue in cheek.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2017, 11:59:58 AM »
Quote from: Himu
I have no idea why people think MH is clunky.

The camera.
The controls.

Is it REALLY that hard to understand?

Note: Since the beta is not on PC (way to give Steam-ers confidence on the port not having a rootkit, Capcuck), I don't know if they have MASSIVELY improved it for western folks or not (since folks here seem to think that's the case) but I gave the series 2-3 tries on PSP (even rebuying the goddamn thing after selling it) and the two reasons above turned me off the series massively.

I'll stick with PSO/PSU/PSP.

Himu

« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2017, 12:05:23 PM »

The camera.
The controls.

Yup.
IYKYK

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2017, 07:21:49 AM »

The camera.
The controls.

Note: Since the beta is not on PC (way to give Steam-ers confidence on the port not having a rootkit, Capcuck), I don't know if they have MASSIVELY improved it for western folks or not (since folks here seem to think that's the case) but I gave the series 2-3 tries on PSP (even rebuying the goddamn thing after selling it) and the two reasons above turned me off the series massively.

I'll stick with PSO/PSU/PSP.

I loved PSU, the combat was basic as fuck compared to monster hunter. I will agree that for handhelds, monster hunter camera is fucking ABYSMAL, which is weird for me, because back on ps2 even though there was 2 sticks, the 2nd stick was used for attacks and L1 was used for camera reset like on modern day handhelds. However, later games in series on console made the camera free-roaming with the second stick like any other game and it works well.

As for your gameplay complaints, git gud, seriously. The flow of gameplay is not clunky, ESPECIALLY compared to PSU, its slower (depending on which wep tbf) yes, but that isnt synonymous with clunky. Steep hill to climb, but if you didnt consistently get your ass kicked maybe youd like the game better. Iduno.  :teehee

paprikastaude

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2017, 07:59:41 AM »
You can now focus the camera on the monster with a button press. Which is all you need practically.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:55:06 AM by Spieler1 »

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2017, 09:14:19 AM »
You can now focus the camera on the monster with a button press. Which is all you need practically.

:yuck

archie4208

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2017, 11:16:46 AM »
You could do that in MH4 and Gens.  ???

Tasty

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »
I think you could do that in 3U, too.

Himu

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2017, 11:36:45 AM »
Yeah it was a new feature in 3U called monster lock.

And idk. I've never had an issue with MH camera or controls. Like I said, I played the shit out of it with touch controls. To me it's fine.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2017, 12:14:41 PM »
I played Monster Hunter Tri with motion controls and d-pad camera because I didn't want to buy an extra controller  :yeshrug

I think you could do that in 3U, too.

The guy starting the point didn't play it since PSP.

Himu

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2017, 02:27:48 AM »
This is me playing hard mode.

It doesn't have the whole fight because for whatever reason Sony won't upgrade gameplay share  footage length. It's near the beginning but a bit past the start of the fight.

Impressions:

- it's monster hunter

- some weird control changes. I don't remember capture net being something you throw. I remember it being something you dig like floor traps. Could be wrong but that change cost me an early objective complete.

- there are more environmental traps but they seem so random. In this video you'll see me circling trees in the second area the monster goes to baiting it to break a tree. Breaking a tree makes the tree fall and then the monster gets caught in the branches. In this though nothing set that off even when the monster swung its head right into the trip. It just clipped, and it made no sense. So yeah, that's inconsistent or maybe I'm missing the right trigger.

- auto tracking the monster is a Monster Hunter sin. The appeal of MonHun is not only fighting the monster but literally HUNTING it. In this, they show a map and tell you the general vicinity where the monster is, and this feels like a sin because the game loop of MH is find monster, find a way to beat monster before time limit. If the monster runs off and can fly anywhere on the map, you have NO IDEA where the monster is on the map, and time is ticking. So you have manually tag it with paint so it'll drop paint on the ground so you can hunt it. Displaying a bunch of crap that makes it easier to find the monster is MonHun sacrilege. No Capcom!!! Don't appeal to people who like being told where to go in games. Those people are :trash :stop

- there are events like monsters fighting each other which gives you time to heal, lay traps, or kick its ass. Seems cool at the outset but when you replay the mission you realize how RANDOM it is. But the appeal of MH is not randomness, it is pre-planned strategy down to the last detail. There's a Wyvern or something that pops out and fucks my monster up near the end of the video that I have never seen before and it's just "WHAT".

- pretty graphics and nice aesthetic

- team long sword 4 lyfe

- apparently this is open world but really, it's just MonHun without screen transitions. So it's really the same shit.

I liked it a lot but some stuff is fucked up in an attempt to appeal to...whoever hasn't learned of MonHun and its steez yet that in some way detract from the traditional Monster Hunter experience. Than said, it's monster hunter, so it was still dope as all fuck.
IYKYK

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2017, 08:25:01 AM »
auto tracking is really a non issue. I dont really see the appeal of hunting monsters of earlier games, unless youre still fresh to the series, because once you know quests its simply a case of muscle memory which, for all intensive purposes, is the same thing.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2017, 09:35:24 AM »
auto tracking is why i like this better than the old monster hunters. it woulda been cool if they told you the general area or if there was clues to find, but instead it was just "here's a big map; run around til you find the boss." that shit was boring as hell.
pcp

paprikastaude

« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2017, 09:48:18 AM »
Randomisation is good, so maybe it takes a little longer before the hunts start to feel mechanical and you seeing all the game's "strings".

Auto-tracking I assume will surely go away at high rank and I'll wait on how it's implemented in the final game. Maybe you still need to prepare the bugs first like paint balls. In the first trailer they would also highlight herbs and stuff, which is probably a good thing. I was getting sick of finding out which shitty plant texture had the items I needed (especially in tedious collecting quests).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:52:31 AM by Spieler1 »

Corporal

« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2017, 09:50:36 AM »
What.

I love how the old MH games forced you to either occupy an item slot with a Psycho serum or similar, or had one Hunter waste their armour setup on an equivalent skill instead on something useful for combat.

Well, OK, most of the time you'd just jog through the map and then ping when you found a monster that had run away after the paintball had worn off. After all, the maps were rather small, all things considered. And frankly, Paint balls would not wear off usually.

But still. This was a thing. You could spend precious armour skill slots or items on this. And on a vastly embiggened next gen map without loading screens and hopefully more luxurious monster retreat routes, this would be a bit more useful even.

Having it handed to you on a silver platter seems so... unexciting. No need for a gunner to occasionally switch to paintball ammo. Or a SNS hunter to throw one. One less thing to worry about in the heat of a battle.

I liked that aspect.
!list

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2017, 11:13:06 AM »
I'm going to be a cunt and just say it, you've not played enough to get to a point where everything you just said becomes completely irrelevant. Maybe final release wont be auto track as spieler suggested, and will cater to people who, like yourselves, enjoy the actual hunting part. However, in games old. The only time not using a paintball became a pain in the arse was if everyone in-quest completely dropped the ball and stopped paying attention, and even that was rare af.

I see MH as basically like instances, where all the focus is on the action combat and loot. The whole hunting aspect means nothing to me. I just like bouncing around the map in a fight because it keeps it fresh in a sense.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2017, 11:58:09 AM »
also i'd imagine that you'd be able to turn auto-tracking off, or that capcom would at least patch that in later
pcp

Corporal

« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2017, 12:31:38 PM »
Yer not being wrong, or being a cunt, noob. It's true that the tracking part was completely minuscule, especially the further you got in the game.

And I still enjoyed that the option existed. Can't help it. I was never a fan of grinding a certain quest to get a rare drop. Well, for the most part. Sometimes it's inevitable, for gameplay or fashion reasons. However, I'm more of a smell the flowers by the wayside kinda guy. Most of the time I'd run quests for a while, then look what I'd be able to craft, not the other way around. The loot stuff is definitely nice, but only secondary for me.

Oh well. We will see how the demo relates to the game. Personally, I hope the glowbugs are just a low rank/easy mode thing.

...well, not like it'll affect me. I think I'm unconsciously concern-trolling.
!list

Himu

« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2017, 12:45:37 PM »
I never said this was indicative of the final game. However, it's a demo. All I have go off on is the demo.

Ignoring that, it doesn't change the games actual structure. You start the demo with an objective. There is now some chick that tells you not only how to track to it with some major clue to look for, but also the general vicinity of the monster. Not only that, but she obtrusively pops up with a message now and then, voice acted and all, with info. It's annoying as fuck, takes me out of the game.

It's more like Monster Tell Me What To Do Please. It isn't Monster Hunter. You know, where you have scant details on the monsters location, use your brain, scout it, track it. It's some chick telling you where it is, a clue on how to find it, then you go to that location and follow some green shit.

I'm still interested in the game, but these concerns must be waived. It's like playing a Metroid with someone havig a regular message pop up. "The monster is weak! Now's your chance!" When before, you got everything you needed about the monster and its health status based on its animations and behavior.

Baby's first Monster Hunter. Frankly it's infuriating because Monster Hunter was already popular and was fine before. It fit a specific audience. If people did not like Monster Hunter before this, changing its DNA to make them feel powerful and accomplished by following a green light, is insulting to the fanbase. TBQH, those people can fuck off and Capcom need not appeal to them. There are other games for them to play without ruining Monster Hunter with their awful, awful taste.

So I have interest in the game but there's lots of :confused question marks here. I play games that do not tell me what to do. A part of the reason I love Monster Hunter is because it does exactly that and respects the players intelligence. If Monster Hunter no longer does that then I have zero interest in it going forward. The voice acting, obtrusive helper, handholding are all concerning and need to be addressed. I'm not sure if Capcom has said anything about any of this because I don't follow game news anymore unless it's a fighting game because fuck video games, but changing one of the few video game series that I actually like now is bound to piss me off.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:30:01 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2017, 12:49:01 PM »
Yer not being wrong, or being a cunt, noob. It's true that the tracking part was completely minuscule, especially the further you got in the game.

And I still enjoyed that the option existed. Can't help it. I was never a fan of grinding a certain quest to get a rare drop. Well, for the most part. Sometimes it's inevitable, for gameplay or fashion reasons. However, I'm more of a smell the flowers by the wayside kinda guy. Most of the time I'd run quests for a while, then look what I'd be able to craft, not the other way around. The loot stuff is definitely nice, but only secondary for me.

Oh well. We will see how the demo relates to the game. Personally, I hope the glowbugs are just a low rank/easy mode thing.

...well, not like it'll affect me. I think I'm unconsciously concern-trolling.

If the beta is stil up I will play normal monster difficulty later and show the whole thing so you can see it for yourself.
IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2017, 01:02:13 PM »
I got through the tutorials and all optimism I had for this was already gone. I'm not sure what it is about Monster Hunter I don't like, but I don't like it and this did nothing to change my mind.

It sure is pretty though.
NO

Tasty

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2017, 01:10:32 PM »
Surprised they didn't add a health bar tbh. This is really shaping up to be babby's first MH.

Which is ironic since I'm sure that's what people called Tri and 4. :P

Hoping the final game's great and makes MH get the attention it's always deserved. 🤞

Himu

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2017, 01:18:16 PM »
If they added a health bar :lol
IYKYK

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2017, 08:53:12 PM »
so, the beta was my first monster hunter experience and i loved what little of it i played

day one, on pc preferably

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2017, 05:26:32 AM »
Beat all the monsters on the first try. Even killed the fish thing in the second fight. Apparently it gives you some extra crap for the main game?

Team long sword 4 lyfe!

Bebpo

« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2018, 11:51:45 PM »
I tried the Monhun beta just now. Did the easy quest and normal quest. This is like the 3rd time I've attempted to play Monster Hunter, first being on PS2 on MH1 or 2, then on Wii with MH3. Never made it more than like an hour and wasn't feeling it so moved on to something else. Now I'm finally trying to learn what the appeal of the series is and give it a real shake.

So are the easy/normal "quests" basically representative of what the entire game is? Drop into an area -> find some tracks -> find your monster -> bash on it for 5 mins while dodging until it runs away -> chase it to the next area -> bash on it for 5 mins while dodging until it runs away -> chase it to the next area etc...

And along the chase, scripted events play out in each area like in the normal monster quest the 2nd area it gets into a battle with the swimming one then when it retreats to the next area there's another swimming one.

Then you beat your monster and grab the parts and then like use this to upgrade your equipment? So do you just keep redoing the same monsters over and over until you upgrade enough to get strong enough for the next monster?

I mean is there more to the game than that? Because I like the actual combat, feels pretty good though it's slower and weighty. Reminds me of playing Souls games with heavy weapons. But like I really don't know how I feel about the "monsters runs away and then you do fight again" mechanic. It's not even like in area 2 or 3 the monster seemed to get any new moves to dodge. Was just doing the same fight over and over dodging the same 3-5 moves and countering. Just feels like it'd get old real quick. So help me understand the appeal of the game.

Bebpo

« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2018, 03:36:50 AM »
Ok, so I tried again and did the 3rd quest (T-rex) and I ran out of the 20 min timer because I wasn't doing enough damage 1p. I guess this is where either upgrading or MP comes in. So I tried it again 4p Multiplayer w/random from around the world and it was pretty damn fun! Lotta crazy moments, cutting off body parts, dudes getting rushed. We beat it, but was still close with less than 5 minutes left even with 4 people attacking the T-rex.

Then tried the last quest elder dragon 4p multi again. Was a lot of fun, we did pretty decent and we got him up to a canyon where I kept doing the run halfway up a wall and jump off attack onto his back move and the other players would go NICE and then I'd down him and we'd hit him a lot. Eventually died, but was fun.

This was the first time I've had fun playing Monster Hunter since like it came out :lol, and it's all because of the Multiplayer. Without the rpg upgrading systems in the beta, I'm not sure if I'd dig the single player or if it'd get boring/feel like a grind. But the MP is really easy to jump into and matchmake and there's something about the chaos of 4 non-pro random people running around beating on a big monster that's really silly fun. Glad I pre-ordered this, will give it a real try and stick to MP for quests.

Himu

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2018, 04:59:44 AM »
In old MH you do not follow tracks like this. You find it yourself and have to actually "hunt" it (like tagging it so you can follow it across the map if it leaves trying to save its life, things like that). The core premise is doing missions (as you saw easy, normal, hard;etc) missions and looting the monsters and getting local items. Then you craft the shit to get new armor and weapons to survive against harder monsters. The appeal is free form and arcade like precision: you can tackle hunting your monster any damn way you see fit. Whether it's not even killing it and just capturing it in a  net. Or maybe you wanna trick it by throwing out food infused with sleep herbs that makes the mark fall asleep after eating it. Allowing you to fuck it up? Or maybe you like being tactical and enjoy planting bombs and traps for it to fall in. There's lots of options and the appeal is beating the monster YOUR way and then making yourself a cool armor out of it. Sometimes, you might want to take a monster out with your buddies. It's fun.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2018, 05:03:03 AM »
Here's an old thread I guess. It's short. I hope it shows why the game loop of MH is addictive and why it's appealing and fun.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=42044.0

Just re-read the thread. Gosh I loved MH2FU. I would KILL for a modern port to consoles or pc with online multiplayer. FU is easily my favorite MH. I still have NEVER played MH multiplayer. I haven't played 4 or X. Are those legit MonHun games?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:46:34 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2018, 12:21:54 PM »
4 Ultimate is a masterpiece. It's ugly as sin but fun as fuck.

Haven't played X/Gen.

Tasty

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2018, 01:02:59 PM »
Also bebps the monsters DO get different attack patterns in frenzy mode - basically when they're low on health or stamina.

But yes, aside from the RPG elements, that's "all there is to it." It's a string of arcade-esque boss battles with their own unique patterns and attributes.

You can buff yourself up but fundamentally, whether you can take down a monster is up to YOU and YOUR skill. (And in multiplayer, the skills of your party members too obviously.) It's a contest of actual gameplay skill, more old-school Castlevania than Call of Duty.

Corporal

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2018, 01:19:08 PM »
Seconding 4U. Preferably on a new3DS. Aim for 60fps...ish.

X is okay. Far less story oriented, setting-wise it's mainly a bunch of nostalgia laden revamped locations from old MonHans to cash in on those rose tinted glasses. Personally, it had the opposite effect. Been there, done that. Too many effects going off at times (ymmv). It does look nice though (outside a bunch of obvious asset recyclings). The newly introduced combat tweaks are nice, but not balanced enough - a good first try, but severely in need of more polish. Plus, the halved framerate. :-\ Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. Just, coming off 4U it feels odd.

Also, Prowler mode is another still half baked system that doesn't offer half as much choice as it was designed to - the tiny selection of skills that are obviously superior (and by a large margin!) severely disincentivise experimentation. Beyond that, it's kinda wonky: outside of a low damage output, everything else is cranked up to eleven. No need for farming or preparation, you have unlimited traps etc and are nigh invincible, you really need to fuck up to cart, especially since you can just (admittedly, slowly) dig into the ground to auto-evade almost all attacks.
!list

paprikastaude

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2018, 01:59:12 PM »
Monster Hunter X ended with an idol dance number. Series was that close going full low-tier otaku junk like Fire Emblem and MegaTen. Thank god MHW takes a big step back from all that shit. 4 annoyed me with the different buffs you needed for certain monsters, which just cluttered your inventory and didn't add much to the gameplay.

Himu

« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2018, 04:09:52 PM »
If I get 4U will someone play multi with me and pop my MH multi cherry? I have a new 3ds.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2018, 04:11:13 PM »
Monster Hunter X ended with an idol dance number. Series was that close going full low-tier otaku junk like Fire Emblem and MegaTen.

:oreilly

What? Huh? Please fully describe all of this fuckery. Also SMT is low tier otaku junk? Huh?
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2018, 04:13:04 PM »
It's been a while for me but I've been meaning to pick it back up again. Sure.

Bebpo

« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2018, 04:47:39 PM »
Watched some tutorial vids on MHW and some vids of players taking down monsters in different ways in the beta using the environment and items and traps and stuff. Was very helpful in seeing that there's more to it than just "keep punching the monster in the non-hard part while dodging for 10-20 mins". Pretty excited for the full game. I think one thing that's tough about the beta for new players is they give you like a million items and every weapon and everything right off the bat and I have no idea what most of this stuff does. Hopefully the main game has a more standard progression where you get a few new items/equip at a time and can learn how to use each thing.

paprikastaude

« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2018, 04:56:33 PM »
Monster Hunter X ended with an idol dance number. Series was that close going full low-tier otaku junk like Fire Emblem and MegaTen.

:oreilly

What? Huh? Please fully describe all of this fuckery. Also SMT is low tier otaku junk? Huh?

I.e. taking weird turns like SMT recently, regarding #Tokyo Sessions and SMT4:A.

Himu

« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2018, 05:14:13 PM »
Jesus Christ, Japan. Is nothing sacred? That fucking country.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2018, 05:29:54 PM »
:kobeyuck

Pretty glad I didn't get X/Gen.

archie4208

« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2018, 06:11:34 AM »
Took me 14 tries to solo the new monster in the beta.  Holy shit he's tough.

kingv

« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2018, 09:19:48 AM »
Tried to send lay this last night, and couldn’t find a match in 5 minutes so can’t comment on the multiplayer, but the single player seemed not amazing.

Isn’t that sort of odd for a beta to have matchmaking be dead? I was considering picking this up, but now I’m not as sure.

Bebpo

« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2018, 12:09:09 PM »
Weird. I wasn't having any trouble finding parties the night before.

Haven't played this since the one night I played, but been itching to play it again. I'm pretty excited for the full game and my first real MH experience!