Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 564346 times)

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2018, 04:15:36 PM »
Yeah I guess you're right. There's never any sexism in any critical anyalsis and dislike of anything. It dosent exist. Sexism dosent exist.

No man, sexism IS EVERYWHERE. You think people make fun of trash movies because they're trash? NO, SEXISM. You think people don't like spinach because it doesn't taste good? NO, SEXISM. You think men breathe because they need it to live? NO SHITLORD, IT'S SEXISM.
So how do you go from "some people have probably critized something with a sexist views sometimes "  to "everyone must do that 100% of the time".

Oh that's right. Because you are a dumb mother fucker. I'll be sure to add number values so that your dumbfuck self understands we're not talking in absolutes.

Because morons like you think that everything is sexism as proven by your distinguished mentally-challenged theory here.

And for the rest of you, I haven't even played Xenoblade you idiots. You know with what I'm very familiar with? Fucking Twilight, I've watched all of them. It's fucking cancer.

Boredfrom

« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2018, 04:17:57 PM »
What the fuck the Last Jedi and Free! Has to do with Twilight?
Because his point is that sexism dosent exist and that no male has ever brought a sexist view to criticizing  any works and that every criticism has come from unbiased point of view and to suggest otherwise even a little bit is stupid.

Despite having something like The Last Jedi kind of show that's not true.

But the Last Jedi seem to deserve criticism regardless of a crazy MRA doing a stupid NoFemales Cut.

BisMarckie

« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2018, 04:18:10 PM »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2018, 04:20:29 PM »
Yeah I guess you're right. There's never any sexism in any critical anyalsis and dislike of anything. It dosent exist. Sexism dosent exist.

No man, sexism IS EVERYWHERE. You think people make fun of trash movies because they're trash? NO, SEXISM. You think people don't like spinach because it doesn't taste good? NO, SEXISM. You think men breathe because they need it to live? NO SHITLORD, IT'S SEXISM.
So how do you go from "some people have probably critized something with a sexist views sometimes "  to "everyone must do that 100% of the time".

Oh that's right. Because you are a dumb mother fucker. I'll be sure to add number values so that your dumbfuck self understands we're not talking in absolutes.

Because morons like you think that everything is sexism as proven by your distinguished mentally-challenged theory here.

And for the rest of you, I haven't even played Xenoblade you idiots. You know with what I'm very familiar with? Fucking Twilight, I've watched all of them. It's fucking cancer.
Actually you dumb fuck I don't and never said that. But your to much of an edge lord dumb fuck to slow down in your race to be a peice of shit. I never said the reason people dislike twilight is solely because of sexism. I said it probably plays an aspect. An unbalanced would imply that there's plenty of criticism that dosent. But your too much of a stupid duck who ends to shut down any complaint to realize that no one here was doing that.

You sound like a ResetEra mod.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2018, 04:21:46 PM »
Because his point is that sexism dosent exist and that no male has ever brought a sexist view to criticizing  any works and that every criticism has come from unbiased point of view and to suggest otherwise even a little bit is stupid.

But the Last Jedi seem to deserve criticism regardless of a crazy MRA doing a stupid NoFemales Cut.
Yes and I've said that before. In the previous forum. But it would be stupid to ignore the views that come from that angle and act like that dosent existing. Which is what his dumbfuck wants you to do.

Boredfrom

« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »

Yes and I've said that before. In the previous forum. But it would be stupid to ignore the views that come from that angle and act like that dosent existing. Which is what his dumbfuck wants you to do.

The problem is that the work itself is also pretty sexist and the fandom has the reputation of not aknowledging it. Is weird that Ellis suddenly feels like people have been unfair to the franchise because sexism  when the books are also infamous because of it or that being YA books somehow excludes them of criticism.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2018, 04:27:59 PM »
2 is easily the worst Xenoblade but there's no reason to get all worked up about it

The combat system is less fun to play than X but it's got a vastly better story and better explorable areas than X.

I think they were wise to keep the party grounded because you develop more of an attachment to the lay of the land, where stuff is, travel is more significant etc.  I remember more of the world in 2 than X.  The last couple zones of X are a blur of blue-white and black-red where you just fly from point A to point B.

But yeah.  Story was great.  Voice acting better than X, interesting characters and twists, and music a return to form too.
Uncle

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2018, 04:30:20 PM »
Come one, Optimus and Rahxephon, there's no need to hate each other. Let's talk about something you both like and find some common ground, yeah?

Pussy. Do you both like pussy?

Everybody like this post if you like pussy.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2018, 04:31:07 PM »
Also why bring up Transformers?

How did you miss who you were talking to
Uncle

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2018, 04:32:29 PM »
The goddamn map is awful enough that it really made the exploring and navigating a pain in the ass. Plus I disliked the battle system enough that I eventually gave up on the game so I can't really speak to the story. VA I will 100% agree is better than X. Also it has KOS-MOS and excellent anime titties so maybe it's more of a wash that I thought.

XBC is still the god though :preach

jorma

« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2018, 04:33:41 PM »
It was kind of a shitty post.

True, but people are starting to being apologetic with Twilight because “sexism between liking trash”.
Im not going to lie combined with the avatar and the dudes defending of Pyra I kind of assume he's one of those....My bias.

But as for your Twilight comment I think it was that nostalgia girl critic that put up a good video about it. Maybe twilight is crap, but male nerds do treat plenty of things that are for women with much vitriol while praising the latest shounen anime or whatever other lame male centric crap there is. There is  unbalance in how these things are viewed I think and while I wouldn't say it's some malicious sexism, I think it is there. Twilight was dumb. Xenoblade 2 is also dumb and features a a dude getting 2 waifus. Women are allowed to like dumb shit just as I'm allowed to ducking love shit like Gundam Wing.

It's funny I'm watching Gundam Wing again and it's a stupid show, but I remember people giving Relena shit probably because she was the girl in a boy show character. She's the only ok character in the show honestly.

I don't give a fuck about Twilight. But I doubt it's anything people should be embarrassed about liking.

Women shit on things they don't like, men shit on things they don't like. Progressives shit on things they don't like, and so do conservatives. And then they all praise things they do like, and try to pretend that their shit is much better than everyone elses shit.

Maybe people should chill a bit and let people enjoy what they want, but i don't see the imbalance here.

This dude clearly knew what he was talking about.

Boredfrom

« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2018, 04:35:12 PM »
2 is easily the worst Xenoblade but there's no reason to get all worked up about it

The combat system is less fun to play than X but it's got a vastly better story and better explorable areas than X.

I think they were wise to keep the party grounded because you develop more of an attachment to the lay of the land, where stuff is, travel is more significant etc.  I remember more of the world in 2 than X.  The last couple zones of X are a blur of blue-white and black-red where you just fly from point A to point B.

But yeah.  Story was great.  Voice acting better than X, interesting characters and twists, and music a return to form too.

While I agree that is better than X, I think the level design takes a nose dive after  a while. The final zone is a pretty shitty dungeon, worse than anything in X.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2018, 04:36:43 PM »

Actually you dumb fuck I don't and never said that. But your to much of an edge lord dumb fuck to slow down in your race to be a peice of shit. I never said the reason people dislike twilight is solely because of sexism. I said it probably plays an aspect. An unbalanced would imply that there's plenty of criticism that dosent. But your too much of a stupid duck who ends to shut down any complaint to realize that no one here was doing that.

The fact is that distinguished mentally-challenged fellows like you see identity politics everywhere, you think normal people are like you and their opinion is always influenced by that. No, Twilight was made fun of because it's complete trash and popular which is the perfect combination people love to hate, end of story. I'm done here.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2018, 04:37:19 PM »
The goddamn map is awful enough that it really made the exploring and navigating a pain in the ass. Plus I disliked the battle system enough that I eventually gave up on the game so I can't really speak to the story. VA I will 100% agree is better than X

It's fair, you gotta play what you enjoy.  One of my friends gave up around chapter 3 because of the battle system too, it's not for everyone.

I was drawn into the story right from the start though.  Another thing that did the game a service was having an actual main character instead of "you" being a blank slate who doesn't talk.  And having more than 2 developed characters.  X fell so flat on that front.*  I didn't hate it while playing it but 2 made me rethink it a bit.

* it fell flat on a couple other fronts too  :doge :doge
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2018, 04:39:48 PM »
X was such a garbage game. It felt like an alpha build. Where as Xenoblade 2 at launch was easily a beta build.
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2018, 04:39:54 PM »
Nah, the setting of Xenoblade X was also pretty spectacular and the characters were under utilized in the main plot as their individual quests are pretty good.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2018, 04:43:13 PM »

The fact is that distinguished mentally-challenged fellows like you see identity politics everywhere, you think normal people are like you and their opinion is always influenced by that. No, Twilight was made fun of because it's complete trash and popular which is the perfect combination people love to hate, end of story. I'm done here.
]Dude fuck off and die. You don't know shit about me you garbage fuck who should die.  I don't fucking see identity politics anywhere. I'm not a fucking resetera extreme liberal at all and I've made plenty of posts here to that fact you dumb fuck. But no you have to jump down anyone throat to prove whatever shit you insecure fuck here needs in order to get off.

But what I do know is fucking nerds like to hate on shit that doesn't pander to them and get incredibly defensive about it.

For someone who probably thinks they are a logical moderate or at least someone who doesn't jump to conclusions you sure fucking proved yourself to be a dumb fuck today. I did'nt say any of the shit your fucking saying, but whatever. I hope you die in a fire you piece of shit.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2018, 04:45:23 PM »

Buncha god damned queers

Boredfrom

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2018, 04:47:26 PM »
* it fell flat on a couple other fronts too  :doge :doge
:doge :doge :doge :doge

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #261 on: March 08, 2018, 04:50:08 PM »
I dunno she lived that life for years before being "outed" and losing her job, and then no one would hire her. To say she's just doing it for for money and attention seems odd because had it never been brought to the attention of the media, presumably she'd have lived out the rest of her life as a black woman working for the NAACP. The whole story of how she became "black" is pretty hilarious, as she got accepted to Howard because she was doing African American art and "sounded black on the phone", so the admissions office assumed she was black until she showed up  :lol

So, she studied African art, went to a HBCU, and spent her entire adult life being a civil rights activist before actually working for the NAACP. All this years before anyone in the wider stage knew her name or anything about her. I don't think she was pretending to be black or identifying as black for the money and fame all those years.

In a few years when someone who was already famous comes out as identifying as a different ethnicity, they'll be labeled a hero.
I've been reading this discussion and I've been getting annoyed by it. Race and ethnicity are different, and also by their nature vague concepts. Race is genetic, hereditary lineage. If you are not born black, you will never be black. Period. Ethnicity is more complicated but can be thought of as a shared cultural group (and you can define broad and specific ethnicities too). When ethnicities become associated with races it's due to 1) immigrant communities arriving and 2) society structuring itself racially, such as with slavery or apartheid.

I am a second generation Filipino, but if you said I wasn't ethnically American, I'd be pretty mad about it. I sure as hell am not anything else. Some people might prefer to be labelled in a more specific ethnic category, and for good reason, like African Americans. If Rachel Dolezal has lived the life she says she does there's a good argument that she's pretty close to being culturally African American. The rub, for black people, is that she'll never 1) have that history of being descended from slaves, which is a FOUNDATIONAL element of the African American identity and 2) she doesn't experience the same discrimination black people do because she's white. Also there's the issue of being deceptive. So there's a struggle there that doesn't show up in most other places in the world for someone's ability to identify culturally with a new ethnicity.

But anyway, you don't have to wait for heroic representation of this. Schools in the US have been assigning The Poisonwood Bible for a while and one of the white protagonists chooses to live as a Congolese and identifies as Congolese for the remainder of the novel. It's already being taught in schools!

Also how long has it been since Dances with Wolves?
每天生气

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #262 on: March 08, 2018, 04:53:39 PM »
please close this
rub

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #263 on: March 08, 2018, 05:12:39 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #264 on: March 08, 2018, 05:41:25 PM »
please close this

This letter represents a long-overdue rebuke to an infelicific and neo-iniquitous Officer Zomgee. If you disagree with my claim that there's a distinction to be made here, then read no further. None but the foolhardy can deny that I know what we're going to get if we let him divert our attention from serious issues. We're going to get more empty words, more hollow promises, and more shallow exhortations from Zomgee and his devotees. What we're not going to get is an admission that Zomgee doesn't care about freedom as he can neither eat it nor put it in the bank. It's just a word to him. He spouts a lot of numbers whenever he wants to make a point. He then subjectively interprets those numbers to support his ideologies while ignoring the fact that I believe I have found my calling. My calling is to deal stiffly with fickle gomerals who reduce us to acute penury. And just let him try and stop me.

Zomgee has been showing us a gross miscarriage of common judgment. This outrageous conduct indicates to me that I am aware that many people may object to the severity of my language. But is there no cause for severity? Naturally, I think that there is because he is the type of person that turns up his nose at people like you and me. I guess that's because we haven't the faintest notion about the things that really matter such as why it would be good for Zomgee to produce culturally degenerate films and videos. While perhaps offensive to some readers, only a direct quote can fully convey the diversivolent nature and content of Zomgee's barbs: “Attention, foot soldiers! Your orders are to manipulate the public like a puppet dangling from strings, and to do so at any cost.” The implications of this are obvious. To spell it out, though, if today we don't provide information and inspiration to as many people as possible, then tomorrow we'll have to put up with Zomgee trampling over the very freedoms and rights that he claims to support.

There are two related questions in this matter. The first is to what extent Zomgee has tried to represent Heaven as Hell and, conversely, the most wretched life as paradise. The other is whether or not no one has a higher opinion of Zomgee than I, and I think Zomgee is a litigious worrywart. I look with horror at his vilipensive opinions and can't help but think that Zomgee's inimical roorbacks are a locomotive of nosism. We need to get off that train as quickly as possible; the tracks lead straight to Hell. Personally, I, for one, would much rather be on a train in which the passengers recognize that I frequently wish to tell Zomgee that he receives most of his knowledge from “Quislingism for Dummies”. But being a generally genteel person, however, I always bite my tongue.

Zomgee turns his back on those who have been the most loyal to him. But don't take my word for it; ask any distasteful chowderhead you happen to meet. He pompously claims that children don't need as much psychological attentiveness, protection, and obedience training as the treasured household pet. That sort of nonsense impresses many people, unfortunately. It is quite common today to hear people express themselves as follows: “I am starting a grassroots campaign with the sole purpose of stopping Zomgee.” The best advice I can give to a group is to fight oppression. It's that simple. However obscene the national picture already is, his favorite trick is to take something irrelevant out of context and repeat it over and over again until it is cited as established fact. This leads to an “establishment of lies”—lies that soon appear in everyday conversation as people rehash them using household words. His goal is for people to quickly lose their ability to see that we can disagree with him without being disagreeable. For instance, I would like to politely disagree with some of Zomgee's crotchets by pointing out that his brethren actually believe the bunkum they're always mouthing. That's because these kinds of perverted plunderers are idealistic, have no sense of history or human nature, and they think that what they're doing will somehow improve the world before you know it. In reality, of course, Zomgee should think about how his stances lead obstinate potheads to create widespread psychological suffering. If Zomgee doesn't want to think that hard, perhaps he should just keep quiet.

I want to thank Zomgee for his plaints. They give me an excellent opportunity to illustrate just how self-pitying Zomgee can be. He likes to imply that he has the right to undertake extrajudicial reprisals against his competitors. This is what his ballyhoos amount to, although, of course, they're daubed over with the viscid slobber of brown-nosing drivel devised by his fellow travelers, who are legion, and mindlessly multiplied by frowsy bourgeoisie. Guess what? In a recent tell-all, a former member of Zomgee's confederation writes that “wherever Zomgee works, he leaves behind an underlying infrastructure of sleaze, corruption, incompetence, and greed”. Those are some pretty harsh words even when one considers that Zomgee is immovably entrenched in his unprincipled philosophical positions. To cap that off, Zomgee posits his polemics as anti-mercantalism. In reality, though, they're not anti-mercantalism at all but rather post-mercantalism. That is, they're a step beyond mercantalism in that Zomgee uses them as an excuse to supplant national heroes with cheeky wackos.

So, why do Zomgee's peons want to ingratiate themselves with Zomgee? I guess it just boils down to the question: Isn't Zomgee the incompetent, stupid control freak who recently wanted to impede every diplomatic, security, and social priority on which our government needs to focus its efforts? I apologize if my answer is perceived as ignotum per ignotius, but what I'm about to say can't be understood unless one realizes that the law is not just a moral stance. It is the consensus of society on our minimum standards of behavior. The concept of risk includes the relationship between the consequences and probability of an event. If the consequences of an event are extremely negative, such as the devastation resulting from Zomgee implementing a philopolemical parody of justice called “Zomgee-ism”, then you want the probability of the event occurring to be vanishingly small, as close to zero as possible. Unfortunately, the likelihood of Zomgee inciting and provoking is so high that one can't help but conclude that there are many roads leading to the defeat of his plans to lay the foundation for some serious mischief. I avow that all of these roads must eventually pass through the same set of gates: the ability to solve our problems over a negotiating table instead of resorting to the battlefield.

It would be bad enough if Zomgee's serfs were merely trying to prosecute, sentence, and label people as grungy, dirty hedonists without the benefit of any evidence whatsoever. But their attempts to let cynical menaces serve as our overlords are just plain inattentive. While I am not attempting to argue openly in favor of any particular position, Zomgee might have been in a lethargic state of autointoxication when he said that anyone who resists him deserves to be crushed. More likely, perhaps, is that directing your attention in some detail to the vast and irreparable calamity brought upon us by Zomgee may be a costly endeavor. Nevertheless, the price of doing nothing is far greater. That's why I proclaim that knowledge is the key that unlocks the shackles of bondage. That's why it's important for you to know that Zomgee once wrote a document whose sole purpose was to argue that it's treasonous to rub his nose in his own hypocrisy. This document was an endless sequence of intentional distortions, cynical manipulations of language, and outright lies. It served no purpose other to get people thinking about how Zomgee wants to let short-sighted bezonians run rampant through the streets. You know what groups have historically wanted to do the same thing? Fascists and Nazis.

By my word, it is a universally acknowledged truth that I urge you to join me in my quest to fight sordid despots. It's also true that words fail me in describing my pure distaste for his personal attacks and stuporous, stinking tricks, but that'll have to be a subject for another letter. Zomgee maliciously defames and damagingly misrepresents everyone and everything around him. There's a word for that: libel. He hates people who create bridges between marginalized people and then extensions outward to broader constituencies. He wants such people nabbed, grabbed, and thrown out of the country.

Zomgee has long been preventing people from thinking and visualizing beyond an increasingly psychologically caged existence. This is the day that such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would obscure my main message, but Zomgee once tried to convince a bunch of us that people don't mind having their communities turned into war zones. Fortunately, calmer heads prevailed, and a number of people informed the rest of the gang that some slimy beguilers propose appeasing Zomgee by letting him discredit legitimate voices in the clericalism debate. Personally, I allege that letting Zomgee enjoy his life's ambition at everyone else's expense is not the best course of action. A much better approach is for us to analyze his methods of interpretation in the manner of sociological studies of mass communication and persuasion. And that's what writing this sort of letter is all about. It's a way to take vengeance on Officer Zomgee as being the fomenter of what is a universal plague throughout the civilized world.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #265 on: March 08, 2018, 05:47:16 PM »
Come one, Optimus and Rahxephon, there's no need to hate each other. Let's talk about something you both like and find some common ground, yeah?

Pussy. Do you both like pussy?

Everybody like this post if you like pussy.
:exxy :exxy :exxy :exxy
ど助平

jorma

« Reply #266 on: March 08, 2018, 05:50:04 PM »
I do like pussy, and i did NOT read any of that WoT. I wonder if zomgee will feel compelled to do so. Or if he likes pussy. Oh well.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #267 on: March 08, 2018, 05:50:35 PM »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #268 on: March 08, 2018, 06:03:31 PM »
Have you guys noticed how much black people on ERA hate Jennifer Lawrence? 

Is that just a ERA thing or a black thing?
sigh

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #269 on: March 08, 2018, 06:07:33 PM »
maybe you did deserve that perm
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #270 on: March 08, 2018, 06:09:51 PM »
Have you guys noticed how much black people on ERA hate Jennifer Lawrence? 

Is that just a ERA thing or a black thing?

Uncle

Bravotyler

« Reply #271 on: March 08, 2018, 06:30:12 PM »
When people shout about how there was 8 years between Brawl and Smash 4 as if that's equivalent to the development time of the latter and you realize even the pessimistic Nintendo fans are morons

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #272 on: March 08, 2018, 06:33:25 PM »

Squirrel Killer

Disclaimer: I know jack shit about guns
« Reply #273 on: March 08, 2018, 08:56:55 PM »
Sorry to do this to you guys as it looks like the gun bill discussion died down, but since I worked 12 hard years on my poli sci degree, you're going to get this whether you like it or not...

Quote from: riotous
This artcile is utter bullshit though.

Read the actual bill:

https://cicilline.house.gov/sites/cicilline.house.gov/files/images/Assault_Weapons_Ban_of_2018.pdf

It clearly does NOT define a semi-automatic pistol as an assault weapon.  it lists the definition of a semi-automatic pistol, amending the existing definition in an already existing law.

It lists semiautomatic assault weapon separately, and specifies that they are referring to rifles.

It then never mentions "semi-automatic pistol" again; only referring to regulating what they clearly describe as rifles:

‘‘(v)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import,
    17 sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting
    18 interstate or foreign commerce, a semiautomatic assault
    19 weapon.

There is nothing in that bill that bans the sale of pistols or shotguns as far as I can tell.  They simply amended the definition of those weapons;  which are then probably referred to by other laws (like background check laws.) (my emp)
So I read the actual bill (well part of it, ain't got time for no 126 pages, even if most of it is just listing various guns,) and I think there might be a misunderstanding here...

You're right that it amends the definitions of weapons, but in Sec 2 (A) (2), it adds a new paragraph (Paragraph 36) to Section 921(a) of title 18, which defines a "semiautomatic assault weapon" as:
  • subsection (A) is "semiautomatic rifle blah blah blah..."
  • subsection (B) is "semiautomatic rifle yada yada yada..."
  • subsection (C) is "parts that make a semiautomatic rifle cooler"
But here comes the important bits:
  • subsection (D) is "A semiautomatic pistol with any of five features that I don't know anything about"
  • subsection (E) is "A semiautomatic pistol that holds a lot of bullets"
  • subsection (I) also has a long list of pistols that are also included in case (D) and (E) somehow missed them

That is clearly defining certain semi-automatic pistols as assault weapons.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #274 on: March 08, 2018, 09:06:36 PM »
I'll be keeping my eyes on you, pal.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #275 on: March 08, 2018, 09:09:02 PM »
since I worked 12 hard years on my poli sci degree
whoops lol amirite

nudemacusers

« Reply #276 on: March 08, 2018, 09:11:27 PM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

clothedmacuser

Re: Disclaimer: I know jack shit about guns
« Reply #277 on: March 08, 2018, 09:13:41 PM »
Sorry to do this to you guys as it looks like the gun bill discussion died down, but since I worked 12 hard years on my poli sci degree, you're going to get this whether you like it or not...

So I read the actual bill (well part of it, ain't got time for no 126 pages, even if most of it is just listing various guns,) and I think there might be a misunderstanding here...

You're right that it amends the definitions of weapons, but in Sec 2 (A) (2), it adds a new paragraph (Paragraph 36) to Section 921(a) of title 18, which defines a "semiautomatic assault weapon" as:
  • subsection (A) is "semiautomatic rifle blah blah blah..."
  • subsection (B) is "semiautomatic rifle yada yada yada..."
  • subsection (C) is "parts that make a semiautomatic rifle cooler"
But here comes the important bits:
  • subsection (D) is "A semiautomatic pistol with any of five features that I don't know anything about"
  • subsection (E) is "A semiautomatic pistol that holds a lot of bullets"
  • subsection (I) also has a long list of pistols that are also included in case (D) and (E) somehow missed them

That is clearly defining certain semi-automatic pistols as assault weapons.

Well they should be banned.  Do you want this happening on our streets!

Squirrel Killer

Bad on Guns, Bad for Kids

PaidForByThePeopleForLovingSquirrels
sigh

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #278 on: March 08, 2018, 09:16:38 PM »
Nah, the setting of Xenoblade X was also pretty spectacular and the characters were under utilized in the main plot as their individual quests are pretty good.

X had some of the most interesting worlds to explore in all of gamedom, unfortunately the cinematics weren't all there and the battle system was needlessly complex. Xeno 2 improves on the battle system and pacing, but still introduces its own series of flaws (field skill checks, QOL/gatcha, environments not as grandiose as the original or X). I think the original is still my favorite of the series, probably more so since we were in RPG famine for a good few years before its arrival.
^_^

FStop7

« Reply #279 on: March 08, 2018, 09:19:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/major-north-korea-announcement-coming-at-7pm-eastern-update-offer-for-direct-talks-in-nk.28249

Either there are a bunch of trolls in this thread or there are people so stupid that I can't comprehend how they've survived in this world long enough to figure out how to turn a computer on.  They should have randomly walked into traffic or stuck their tongues into light sockets by now.

benjipwns

« Reply #280 on: March 08, 2018, 09:23:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/major-north-korea-announcement-coming-at-7pm-eastern-update-offer-for-direct-talks-in-nk.28249

Either there are a bunch of trolls in this thread or there are people so stupid that I can't comprehend how they've survived in this world long enough to figure out how to turn a computer on.  They should have randomly walked into traffic or stuck their tongues into light sockets by now.
Apparently, it's either nuclear war that kills us all or an immediate 1 to 1 meeting that includes the President. No other options exist in this binary world. No other officials can go, no backchannel talks, no previous PERMANENT actions that show good faith. If you disagree, you hate world peace.

You really are a fool aren't you? They made a propaganda movie years ago that predicted this very thing to their brainwashed citizens. You endear Kim to his people in a way that even his old man could never have achieved (he got a photo with Clinton years later). Any hope of an actual uprising by the people themselves is reduced in a significant way. Stop and think for a second.

What happens if it becomes conventional wisdom that we were completely played? How does that make other countries like Russia less likely to fuck with us?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
At least he's appropriately named "Airing of Grievances" :doge
[close]

Squirrel Killer

Re: Disclaimer: I know jack shit about guns
« Reply #281 on: March 08, 2018, 09:35:12 PM »
Squirrel Killer

(Image removed from quote.)
Bad on Guns, Bad for Kids

PaidForByThePeopleForLovingSquirrels
That little fucker is a child of the corn, we would cheer his death.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #282 on: March 08, 2018, 09:44:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5355628/

:reeeee

Bans so far

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5358243/
User Banned (24 hours): Insulting users about mental capacity

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5358526/
User Banned (3 days): Repeated trolling across threads, ignoring warning

I like how Frozen Prince chimed in till he realized he was out of his sphere.
sigh

Bore Expert

« Reply #283 on: March 08, 2018, 09:54:45 PM »
Perhaps a moment of silence for The Farter is in order...

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a fart in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the Ree set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kiddo
Your farts burned out long before
Your legend ever did

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #284 on: March 08, 2018, 10:02:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5355628/

:reeeee

Bans so far

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5358243/
User Banned (24 hours): Insulting users about mental capacity

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5358526/
User Banned (3 days): Repeated trolling across threads, ignoring warning

I like how Frozen Prince chimed in till he realized he was out of his sphere.

Wow, people seem legit mad about these possible peace talks. Who gives a fuck if Trump takes credit.

benjipwns

« Reply #285 on: March 08, 2018, 10:14:26 PM »
Wow, people seem legit mad about these possible peace talks. Who gives a fuck if Trump takes credit.
Next you'll telling us not to get upset if the economy does better, people get healthier and live longer lives, pollution reduces significantly, incidences of hate decrease, etc.

Look at the big picture and what truly matters here, all of these things could mean bad things for the Democrats electoral chances in the future! Then we won't be able to achieve true success.

Like turning Texas blue again!

BisMarckie

« Reply #287 on: March 08, 2018, 10:28:30 PM »

:stop :six:

Stop normalizing him

nudemacusers

« Reply #288 on: March 08, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-atlantic-the-womens-march-has-a-farrakhan-problem-antisemitism-read-op.28189/

interesting thread. notably since you have progressive posters, some of whom ceaselessly disparaged anyone coming within sniffing distance of purchasing kingdom come downplaying the <<<problematic>>> nature of a woman's march leader openly broadcasting support for louis farrakhan and dog whistling support for his antisemitism.  :doge
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #289 on: March 08, 2018, 10:32:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pages-53-61-of-the-direct-thread-are-embarrassing-splatoon-2.28303/

fucking nintards :rofl
It was good stuff for Squid fans. But tonally, it doesn't work for a big announcement event. It should have been a mid day announcement on Twitter, with a press release and whatnot. Doesn't work for 10 or so minutes in a direct.

I like Splatoon. This isn't about the game's merits. It's about what belongs in an announcement event and what doesn't.

benjipwns

« Reply #290 on: March 08, 2018, 10:32:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-atlantic-the-womens-march-has-a-farrakhan-problem-antisemitism-read-op.28189/

interesting thread. notably since you have progressive posters, some of whom ceaselessly disparaged anyone coming within sniffing distance of purchasing kingdom come downplaying the <<<problematic>>> nature of a woman's march leader openly broadcasting support for louis farrakhan and dog whistling support for his antisemitism.  :doge
MOD EDIT: As this thread moves forward, don’t get personal and stay civil.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #291 on: March 08, 2018, 10:33:15 PM »
Seriously if Trump gets known as some sort of peacemaker I think his ego will need to keep playing that up and he might be less likely of starting a war with anyone later.
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #292 on: March 08, 2018, 10:34:55 PM »

:lawd

which of u guys have the same enemies as jesus

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #293 on: March 08, 2018, 10:38:35 PM »
the jews?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #294 on: March 08, 2018, 10:38:40 PM »
Was Judas Jesus's enemy?  Because if so then he is my enemy but he is long dead and undoubtedly lived an incredibly shitty life in that time period so I win
Uncle

BisMarckie

« Reply #295 on: March 08, 2018, 10:38:42 PM »

I for one do not care much for Pontius Pilatus, a problematic imperialistic colonizer.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #296 on: March 08, 2018, 10:39:07 PM »
Pharisees outchea :hitler
bent

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #297 on: March 08, 2018, 10:39:48 PM »
You: "Well Jesus hated the publicans and pharisees and saducees because they loved money and the law more than their fellow man"
Me, a Conservative intellectual: "The jews!"
que

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #298 on: March 08, 2018, 10:40:38 PM »
 :rollsafe

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #299 on: March 08, 2018, 10:42:15 PM »

I for one do not care much for Pontius Pilatus, a problematic imperialistic colonizer.

He was ok, he did everything he could to try to get Jesus off the hook and was pleading with the crowd like "ok seriously guys you would rather free a murderer than this philosophy major"
Uncle