Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 6035613 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #22860 on: July 24, 2018, 12:50:37 AM »
The all forgiving shower elf still perm  banning due to the lightest of criticism, in a thread where he basks in the glory of how welcoming to all opinions his forum is

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/returning-member-after-a-long-absence-how-would-you-rate-the-overall-health-of-this-forum.1464012/post-253352599

Are you really surprised after his :ego level posts?

Jansen

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #22862 on: July 24, 2018, 12:51:35 AM »
When he is actively using his wealth and success to influence and pay for propaganda that downplays war crimes and is happy to use his status to encourage anti-LGBT views in a country that already struggles to understand this issue, yes? There is absolutely a need to stand up and say "I hope this guy does not live to 90 because he has already been given too much time in this world to do shitty things and the sooner he is deceased, the better it is for society." That is literally it. No one is asking for acts of violence or anything, just hoping that nature does us a solid and doesn't delay what will eventually happen anyway.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/10718847

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #22863 on: July 24, 2018, 12:57:07 AM »
Jeselnik's show was fucking TERRIBLE though.

I’ve never seen it. He’d have to water down his act so much that it wouldn’t be worth it, similar to the TV version of Talk Show the Game Show, which is shitty on TV but like the funniest thing ever live.

Yeah it's the same Andy Dice Clay shtick if he took Zoloft and found Jesus.  It's like the only joke was "this isn't funny but we are filming it, isn't that funny?"

I’m not saying he’s one of the greats or anything. He’s just fun to see if he happens to be on a showcase I’m already seeing. Or I’d perk up if I heard a segment from him on SiriusXM. I’m not sure what your “if he took Zoloft and found Jesus” criticism means.
serge

nudemacusers

« Reply #22864 on: July 24, 2018, 12:58:25 AM »
He’s not like dice clay at all  ???
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #22865 on: July 24, 2018, 12:59:12 AM »
Quote from: Tekken Champ Phoenix RISING
I mean, you're going to struggle with attracting folks who do not identify with the incel movement if the only real rule is to "not directly insult each other."

agrajag

« Reply #22866 on: July 24, 2018, 12:59:12 AM »
The all forgiving shower elf still perm  banning due to the lightest of criticism, in a thread where he basks in the glory of how welcoming to all opinions his forum is

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/returning-member-after-a-long-absence-how-would-you-rate-the-overall-health-of-this-forum.1464012/post-253352599

He probably banned that alt-right asshole for saying "females," not is that horrendous nazi-speak, it's also grammatically incorrect.

:crybaby

agrajag

« Reply #22867 on: July 24, 2018, 01:01:07 AM »
hey-o-hey

nudemacusers

« Reply #22868 on: July 24, 2018, 01:03:39 AM »
I got Stephen Wright x todd Barry x vampire vibes
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #22869 on: July 24, 2018, 01:05:16 AM »

He's completely in denial over the direction the forum has gone.

If he ever cracks 200 active users, his legacy will be hosting another the_donald.

There's even one dude in there who admits to posting in the Donald because it's more accurate than r/politics
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #22870 on: July 24, 2018, 01:11:25 AM »
The current era of NeoGAF will remembered and looked back on fondly in five years time by gamers. Mark my words.

The modern iteration of NeoGAF is about as close as you can get to a modern equivalent of the genuine gaming forums of the late 90s & early 2000s. Video games are currently the focus of this "gaming" forum (as they should be). There's a contingent of insane console tribalism (acceptable) and a few nutjob thirdwave feminists (unacceptable) infecting our ranks but I welcome their input as their insanity just highlights the fact that the rest of us are completely awesome.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #22871 on: July 24, 2018, 01:19:01 AM »
Also <3 Jeselnik. Amy Schumer was much funnier when they were dating and her material sounded suspiciously like a female version of Jeselnik’s.

https://mobile.twitter.com/anthonyjeselnik/status/1020783170738794497

I don't know, I hate hearing those sort of edgelord jokes. Not out of moral outrage, they're just usually passé. It's all about delivery.

(Image removed from quote.)

And Jeselnik knows how to deliver them! I’d never call him one of the greats, but I like his self-deprecating Dice delivery.

What about my delivery? Ravish me with praise please. Or lavish.

james

« Reply #22872 on: July 24, 2018, 01:27:07 AM »
I love how shower elf is simultaneously gushing about how he is reviewing over 1,000 perms by bish.... And  continuing the illusion that there was no way anyone could have known bish was banning OVER ONE THOUSAND ACCOUNTS.

How fucking blind do you have to be

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #22873 on: July 24, 2018, 01:54:22 AM »
Quote from: EviLore
Oh it's still slow in that sense, certainly. I don't have those numbers on-hand since it was on VB3, but we're talking 50,000+ posts per day last year. It's about 2k/day right now, but not that long ago we were at more like 500/day. There's serious momentum right now, and the projects I mentioned earlier will likely accelerate it.

:success
Fish<

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22874 on: July 24, 2018, 02:02:09 AM »
on orange gaf

:fbm

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22875 on: July 24, 2018, 02:40:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/swicht-docks-in-hotel-rooms-is-the-switch-popular-enough-to-be-worthy.57417

Nintardian's constantly in a land of delusion :sabu

"- Allo Front Desk, where is the dock for my Switch please ?"
"- The switch for the main lights would be by the door sir..."
"- Ah ah ah, you misheard, I want to dock my Nintendo Switch to play its awesome catalogue of games (including third party titles). I expected your establishment to have one of this in every room...
"- Nintendo, sir ? You mean the toy brand for kids ?"
"- :maf"
1st October 2017, Las Vegas, Mandala Bay
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22876 on: July 24, 2018, 02:44:59 AM »
Tell us how you really feel.

Hopefully mods can see through your bullshit and do us all a favour.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon-quest-composer-koichi-sugiyama-isnt-happy-just-being-a-war-crime-denier-is-anti-lgbt-too.57403/page-8#post-10722743

Ah the good faith discussion tactic of just accusing people of having an agenda and hoping the forum popo will assume you reached for a troll gun.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 04:48:50 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #22877 on: July 24, 2018, 02:45:16 AM »
I'm staying at a 5 star hotel on Friday August 3rd that says it has a video game console in the room. TV is also 65" so I'm kinda hoping it's a Ps4 Pro/X1.

I'll report back in here what it ends up being.
Poor soul, you’re getting a n64 with composite out.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #22878 on: July 24, 2018, 03:31:59 AM »
Man, what weird responses. Most hotels in urban center i used in my life had tv with cable tv included on the bill, no fees.
:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #22879 on: July 24, 2018, 03:36:57 AM »
Most hotels don't even furnish a phone charging dock.
Hotels dont have hdmi cables for laptops.
Most hotels don't even have Netflix on their TVs
In my experience, what hotels really need is an easily accessible HDMI slot, instead of one far behind a wall mounted TV that requires me to squeeze in my mobile phone to snap a picture from behind the TV to know where to shoot for.
:brazilcry

Maybe, but I was personally thinking more along the lines of public docking stations at bars, Japanese Arcades, or McDonalds play centers for the kids.
Maybe have one or two you can borrow from the reception
I was kind of amazed that no one ever built a Wii sensor bar into a TV during its heyday. Maybe if it supported HD output.

They could have even supported the Wii remote for TV remote operations, or built similar functionality into the standard TV remote.
A bit of a marketing push, and maybe some star points etc and it could have worked.
:miyamoto

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22880 on: July 24, 2018, 04:05:24 AM »
Travel so you can play a video game console at your destination, brehs.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22881 on: July 24, 2018, 04:06:54 AM »
I'm going to hong kong in 2 months, please suggest some 70 hour+ RPGS i can play to pass the time.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22882 on: July 24, 2018, 04:15:19 AM »
Rooting for death though? C'mon. How'd that solve anything?
Let me guess, you also think we should just talk to Nazis, right? Because violence never solves anything?

Well, for starters, he wouldn't be able to use his money and power to continue to actively hurt people. This isn't just some asshole who says bad shit. He's not just some internet troll or celebrity. This is a horrible man who uses his resources to actively do terrible things. His life's work has been about hurting others.

I'll cheer for his death all fucking day.

His removal from the world will literally stop his hatemongering and funding of hatemongering and war-crime denial. He will go from being a negative influence to no influence at all, a net gain. This would not be the case were he not doing current and active harm, but he is and continues to campaign in that direction.

It's sorta like how it'd be lucky if a dude trying to strangle you suffered a heart attack. Considering we have several LGBT folks on this board, I'm not surprised the sentiment swings that way. Hell, I'm anti-violence but I have to admit this guy kicking the bucket would be a good thing and as long as no one here is condoning violence against him (they don't seem to be) I can't disagree with the sentiment.

I'm glad that as a whole, this forum's pretty LGBT friendly. There's some bad apples here and there, but at least (as we can see in this thread) they get dealt with!

I'm anti violence but you know it would be pretty good if he died. Almost like literal self defense.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 04:49:09 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #22883 on: July 24, 2018, 04:37:32 AM »
I'm going to hong kong in 2 months, please suggest some 70 hour+ RPGS i can play to pass the time.
Shenmue II

benjipwns

« Reply #22884 on: July 24, 2018, 04:38:52 AM »

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #22885 on: July 24, 2018, 05:06:01 AM »

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22886 on: July 24, 2018, 05:10:58 AM »
This shit looks fake:

Would also go completely go against the stuff she's done recently that's more about reaching out to the enemy. RE was really pissed that she paid that Trump supporters medical bills.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 05:16:53 AM by HaughtyFrank »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22887 on: July 24, 2018, 05:28:49 AM »

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Thank you, I will create detailed 5000 word posts everyday detailing my progress, i'll need something to do while not playing games in this foreign country,

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #22888 on: July 24, 2018, 06:28:31 AM »

Theres no way that's not a troll

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #22889 on: July 24, 2018, 06:47:14 AM »
*Closes curtains to play switch*

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22890 on: July 24, 2018, 07:02:44 AM »
fuck the glare of the sun on my tv, jesus christ these tropical island paradises and their bullshit

benjipwns

« Reply #22891 on: July 24, 2018, 07:10:33 AM »
why is the lamp on? :thinking

jorma

« Reply #22892 on: July 24, 2018, 07:38:27 AM »
Yep, uncharted territory people. Its do or die, and america depends upon getting Gunn unfired. If you've never signed a petition before, this would be a good time to sign your first. If you have to choose between voting and signing this petition, well it's not exactly a hard choice.

Besides, you can sign the petition from your basement, no need to go outside.

benjipwns

« Reply #22893 on: July 24, 2018, 07:40:56 AM »
no no no, Crisis is a DC thing, not Marvel

paprikastaude

« Reply #22894 on: July 24, 2018, 07:42:29 AM »
Yep, uncharted territory people. Its do or die, and america depends upon getting Gunn unfired. If you've never signed a petition before, this would be a good time to sign your first. If you have to choose between voting and signing this petition, well it's not exactly a hard choice.

I didn't have time to vote in 2016 (was platinuming Mass Effect Andromeda by Electronic Arts), but I'll definitely support this cause. Time to STOP Trump, allies like Disney being targeted by gamersgate was the last straw for me tbh.

benjipwns

« Reply #22895 on: July 24, 2018, 07:50:39 AM »
Quote from: ZattMurdock
User banned (3 days): downplaying sexual harassment
Disney firing someone from your favourite movie franchise is not in any way bigger or more important than exposing decades of institutional misconduct and serious crimes. Are you mental?
What the hell is this? It's my opinion. #MeToo isn't a crisis, it's more like a long coming solution. This though? This is a crisis and I'd argue that it's bigger than #MeToo in the sense that it's weaponized outrage to aim against people in the spotlight that are outspoken against absurd things like Trump's presidency. #MeToo targets sexual predators and OF COURSE that it's more important than this, what I'm saying is that this is bigger because it targets everyone and it sets a dangerous precedent.
YOU CAN NOT SILENCE THE PEOPLES VOICES ERAMODS

TIME FOR A CHANGE.ORG PETITION TO UNBAN ZATTMURDOCK

benjipwns

« Reply #22896 on: July 24, 2018, 07:54:59 AM »
Quote from: Chumley
User banned (2 Weeks): Long history of hostility and accumulated infractions

Useful idiots of the alt-right or just straight up alt-right. I have no patience for either. Fuck them.
noooooo this is like the end of Infinity War where all our heroes are being taken out by Thanos, it's a literal holocaust worse than the Holocaust

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Chumley
Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
[close]

nudemacusers

« Reply #22897 on: July 24, 2018, 07:57:37 AM »
lol zatt. Reminds me of the typical Sony insider on gaf; just obsessively follows 10000000 twitter accounts and weaves narratives from scraps. The MCU’s thuway.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #22898 on: July 24, 2018, 07:58:49 AM »
I also like how he thinks this Alan horn guy went rogue and fired Gunn without the knowledge and support of the rest of the power structure at Disney  :lol
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #22899 on: July 24, 2018, 08:00:45 AM »
he was tricked by the alt-right!

the same alt-right that is now silencing voices who speak truth to power on ERA!

nudemacusers

« Reply #22900 on: July 24, 2018, 08:04:49 AM »
I respect you as an user and a valueable poster here on Era. What I'm saying is that from my personal experience, there's no way that anyone could predict the outcome of this, and the "Pratt is against Gunn's coming back" seems incredibly naive. This is about Disney higher ups. Now will they walk it back? I don't know. I still think that standing for Gunn is worth it tho. No hard feelings. <3
Lol. Three days ago this guy was 100 percent certain that this would all reverse itself on Friday’s shareholder meeting, the type of meeting where they discuss resetera insiders and online petitions.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22901 on: July 24, 2018, 08:12:22 AM »

Theres no way that's not a troll

That's Chittagong.  Dude is pretty wealthy and right now is living in hotels while his super-crazy new condo gets remodeled.
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22902 on: July 24, 2018, 08:15:27 AM »
no no no, Crisis is a DC thing, not Marvel
Crisis on infinite nerd baby bibs

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22903 on: July 24, 2018, 08:15:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-house-is-haunted.55977/

Quote from: Tapiozona, post: 10494716, member: 23446

2.      Our son slept upstairs in one of the bedrooms while our bedroom was downstairs on the opposite end of the house.  We had a baby monitor at night which would amplify when it heard noises and then go into quiet mode any other time.  One night I was getting ready to goto bed and I heard some heavy rustling and my son starting to get fussy, though not yet crying.  The monitor went into ‘loud’ mode and I listened to it very attentively figuring it was only a matter of time before he started to cry..as I listened I heard a loud and VERY distinctly clear “Shhhhhhhhhh” directly directly into the mic.  My son instantly got quiet and I ran as fast as I’ve ever run, my handgun with me thinking someone was in my son’s room.  When I threw the door open, he was sound asleep and nothing or no one was in the room.  After that he slept in our bed for the next month or so.

5.      The Push – A few months after the “Shhhhh” we moved our son back into his room.  When he was young he was very difficult to get to sleep so I had to stay near him until he was finally asleep every night.  The drawing below shows the layout of the upstairs, his room, my desk, and his crib.  Sitting in his room was fairly boring so eventually I moved to my desk just outside of it where I had line of sight between us.  One night I had the lights off minus my PC screen and all of a sudden the lights in his room flipped on.  I thought maybe he had climbed out of his crib since at this point we was able to do that on occasion.  Nope, he was sound asleep.  I figured maybe it was an electrical problem and went back to the computer.  No more than a few minutes later I felt a hard shove against the back of my chair.   I turned immediately thinking that once again, maybe he had climbed from his crib but nothing was there plus the force of the shove was well above anything he could have done.  THIS is when I was 100% convinced my house was haunted.

6.      As mentioned before, the downstairs of our house has a playroom which is directly across from our master bedroom.  On numerous occasions, toys randomly turn on by themselves.  This isn’t one or two toys but a variety of them.  Some which require switches to be turned on and others that require squeezing of particular areas.  These have ONLY happened at night while we’re sleeping or getting ready to and never during the day when we’re out and about in the house.

7.      The Touch – My wife and I were watching a movie with me sitting on the couch and her sitting on the floor with her back to the couch right next to me.  All of a sudden she turns to look at me and I give her a blank “What?” look.. shes immediately FLIPS out and jumps in the air yelling “That wasn’t you?  That wasn’t you????”.  Eventually she calmed down and told me she felt a hand pressed against the back of her head and run it’s fingers through her hair.  When she realized it wasn’t me she lost her shit.

8.      Footsteps in the attic – Our house has 2 attics, the one above the primary one story of the house and the second, smaller one, above the smaller upstairs.  This is by far the most common ghost type thing we experience in the house and it happens so often that we literally never notice it though it does freak the hell out of our guests and my son’s friends.  It normally happens in the evening and sounds exactly someone is walking through the first floor attic, towards the back of the house, normally directly over the living room.  The steps have weight to them and you can follow them as they progress across the room directly above us.  I’ve been in our attic so many times at this point thinking maybe some homeless person has taken residence up there but there’s nothing there.  Even if it was an animal (it’s not), the steps have way too much weight to them.  I’d say at it’s peak we heard the footsteps 3-4 times a week.  Now because we’re so acclimated to them I can’t even tell anymore except 2 days ago when I got home my wife was staring at the ceiling watching the steps progress across the room above her.

9.      The Conversation – One night I woke up and heard a very distinct conversation happening in my son’s playroom right across the living room from our master bedroom.  I coulnd’t make out words but it was loud and definitely coming from our house.  It sounded like a deep mans voice having a conversation except I couldn’t make out any words..just lots of Hur hum dum ber dum dum..Like a conversation at a party wehre you can clearly hear people talking but can’t make out the words.  I thought it could be someone outside but the second I got up and left our room it immediately stopped.  There’s no way it came from outside but I quickly ran out there incase the neighbors were having some sort of gathering.  Nope, pure silence and this was also 3 in the morning.

12.  The Door Shake – Referring to the upstairs diagram again my wife was in the bathroom (at this point that bathroom was finished and our downstairs one was under construction.  She was straightening her hair with my son taking a nap in his room, with the door closed, RIGHT next to the bathroom.  The door is literally 5 feet away from where she was standing.  All of a sudden the door starts to violently shake and she almost instantly goes to open it thinking my son had climbed out of his crib and was trying to open the door.  When she opens it, he was sound asleep.  There's also no way he could have shook the door in the manner it was.

[edit - adding one more and this one we saw with our eyes]
13.   My living room has shutters which we keep closed for privacy and because at night there's a light directly outside of them that blares into the TV if we keep it open. One night we were watching TV and slowly we could see the light coming in. We both turn and watch as a single louver on the shutter opens UP, against gravity.

:insane
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22904 on: July 24, 2018, 08:26:39 AM »
Forget the ghost story shit, the REEEEEEEEEEactions in that thread are way more insane.  28 pages of insanity.

Quote from: subpar spatula, post: 10531817, member: 8666
Oh wow. It's bigoted to ridicule stupid ghost beliefs? Not believing in ghosts is illogical?

Some of y'all are ignorant of reality. Like, the way y'all defend ghosts puts a real side-eye towards ya. You HAVE to be trolling at this point.
Quote from: Alice, post: 10532008, member: 29826
How did you even reach that illogical conclusion? That's silly.

It is bigoted to ridicule PEOPLE for believing in ghosts or entertaining the thought that ghosts exist. No one defends ghosts, why would anyone even, no one's attacked them so far.

I mean, really, we have people, in this very fucking thread going to the lengths of saying "If you believe in ghosts or entertain the thought that they could possibly be real, you deserve to be ridiculed" - These very same people are now complaining about how mean it is to be compared to Dawkins.

Come the fuck on.
Quote from: jviggy43, post: 10532102, member: 19879
Ghosts are serious business.
Quote from: Alice, post: 10532166, member: 29826
Harassment is serious business. No matter how much you try to downplay that sort of shit.

Quote from: Alice, post: 10532641, member: 29826
It's funny, because you completely lack any sort of perspective to what "your side" is doing to the people with the "Stupid beliefs", yet you reel back at every instance where I imply that your behaviour towards these people is, yes, indeed, pretty fucking messed up.

No one deserves to be insulted over esoteric beliefs, and if you think you should be immune to your beliefs being called stupid, you should extend the courtesy to others as well.

As for your questions:

1. I never said believing in ghosts is reasonable. I said believing in ghosts is NOT a reason for ridicule since it cannot be proven either way.
2. What does it matter that, or if ghosts affect our "view of reality"? That's got nothing to do with your "right" to insult people who believe in ghosts.
3. Ghosts have been very clearly defined by folklore, that's, obviously, the only model we have to go by. Just like "God" or whatever religious figures.
4. Belieiving something is "haunted" because of únexplainable events doesn't mean the user genuinely thinks it actually is a ghost, just that, at this minute, it's unexplainable. Several people have tried to talk to you about that point, you've ignored them all.
5. I never said that there are no happy/friendly ghosts. Strawman.

Maybe actually read the thread instead of being your usual condescending self. Page 1 alone is full of ridicule against the OP.
:whatisthis
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22905 on: July 24, 2018, 08:30:50 AM »
Quote from: Tapiozona, post: 10533357, member: 23446
Here's the update I promised with a couple stories from our other house.  I'm fine with people not believing me.  I'm not out for attention..hell I barely even post, let alone start new threads.  It's been fun finally getting this all out though.  Whether you believe me or not, everything is true and some of the experiences are absolutely impossible to explain away.  The strange this is that it's happened in both of our houses. If it is haunted..is it..me?

Oh, it's definitely you.

We purchased a small home which we converted into a vacation rental about a year ago.  It’s in a great area of Phoenix, near a big resort, hiking trails, the spring training venues, and lots of cool new restaurants.  The building is about 30 years old.  I did minor renovation to it when I first got it but overall spent most of the time buying décor and making sure it was fully stocked for the vacation renters.  I didn’t notice too much out of the ordinary at the time but in hindsight things tended to not be where I left them last.  Odds are I just forgot where I put them or left them in odd places…

During the peak season (winter and spring) most tenants are there for only 5 days.  It’s great because you don’t have to deal with long term renters who tend to complain about everything but at the same time I rarely hear from them so if there’s anything wonky about the place it’s news to me..Until early this summer when I got a renter for a month and a half straight.

Right off the bat they complained about hearing odd noises at night and she felt like someone was continually watching her.  Her husband worked and she was a stay at home wife.  She was bit cooky honestly…Here’s some of the random phone calls I got from her..

Her: Why are you watching me?

Me:  Uhh what

Her: There’s a camera on the wall and the red light is on..why are you watching me?

Me: Uhh what

(after this back and forth for a few minutes it dawns on me that she’s talking about the alarm motion detector sensor which has a small red led anytime it detects motion)

On another call, Sunday at around 11pm…

Her:  There’s a high pitch noise coming from the desk

Me: Is there a laptop or other electronic device on the desk

Her: No..We can’t pinpoint it but it’s definitely coming from around the desk

Me: Are you sure there’s nothing electronic?  Try shutting off the power to the house and see if you still hear it.  If you do, it’s likely not electronic.  Then try shutting off the water incase there’s pipes behind the wall

Her: Done, and it’s still there.  Did I ever tell you I think your home is haunted.  Either way, I need you to come out here tonight and help us with this, we can’t sleep (even though they couldn’t hear the sound from the bedroom)

Her: Ill tell you about it later but this could be that.  Here, talk to my husband

(after about 10 minutes on the phone with him I hear “OHHHHHHH” in the background.  It ended up being the husband’s watch which was running low on battery and apparently it made a high pitch noise to let you know.)

I’d gotten 3 other phone calls with her asking if I took her things.  Literally “Hi, did you take my electric toothbrush” and my usual “Uhhh what” response.  The lady was incredibly nice but a pain in the ass and called me about EVERYTHING.  Eventually she moved out and her last text to me was..

“Hey _my name_, We’re done!  Thanks again, loved your place.  Oh, and your ghost said goodbye! Lol” followed by “If I had to guess I’m fairly certain he’s Indian, probably has something to do with the land around the mtns”.

After she moved out I went to check on the place right after the cleaners came.  The front door to the has a keycode lock which I can control from an app and I change the codes after every tenant.  The back door uses a regular key.  The app lets me see when the door has been opened among other things.  Place looked good as new.  The next morning we were heading to San Diego for a short family vacation and I wanted to drop off some supplies for the next tenants.  When we got there I went to the front door and…DAMN.  The security latch (as shown) was engaged.

I never engage it because I also never carry the key and it locks me out but mistakes can be made and I probably did it without thinking.  The unit isn’t terribly large so we went to the side yard (my wife and kid) and looked through the window.  I ALWAYS open all of the shutters louvers I want to let as much light in as possible through the wall of windows, especially for new guests.  Sure enough, the security latch was engaged clear as day.  I called the house keeper asking if she had come by the night before and she told me no (I trust her, she’s a close friend).  I walked around the front of the place back to the sideyard, defeated, and my wife is looking at me like “uhhhhh” then tells me to look at the front door.

The security latch was now completely open.  The time between me trying the door, her verifying it was completely latched to her seeing it now unlatched was maybe 20-30 seconds.  I walked back around to the front with my wife and son in tow, opened the door and went in side.  My wife and I IMMEDIATELY notice that the outer shutters on both windows banking the fireplace/TV are suddenly closed.  These are the same shutters we just looked in less than 30 seconds before.  And it wasn’t one shutter or a single louver..it was 4 separate ones which we looked in just a few minutes before.

Here's a picture of the windows we looked in..the ones on the left.

This is the second time the security latch thing has happened.  The first time I just thought I was crazy and didn’t try pushing the door open enough (I did).  It unlocked itself a few minutes after I first tried.

Also, the place is FREEZING.  Thermometer showed 67 degrees…

This is Phoenix, in the middle of summer, it’s never 67 degrees.  I’m pretty sure the AC could probably pump it down that cold but not without some serious effort but the temp set on the thermostat was 80, exactly how I left it.  The AC was also not on even though the place was freezing.  It must have shut off right before we got inside because it doesn’t take long for a house to heat up in the AZ sun.

Wife and I didn’t say much about it but we both knew.  We were in a rush to get on the road to San Diego so did what we had to do, locked up, and left.

Fast forward 4 days, on our way back we stopped at the condo again.  I wanted to see if there was a problem with the AC because 67 is going to cost me a small fortune in electricity.  We got in normally and the AC was exactly where it was supposed to be but this time we noticed one thing which had changed…

There’s a small board which has plastic letters you can change out to display a message.  Normally it has the wifi login/password and a funny little message about Phoenix heat.  It sits on the desk (same one which the one lady thought was haunted because it made the high pitch noise), and 12 letters had ‘fallen’ off the sign onto the desk.  These letters don’t just fall off.  Because of the incident before we left for SD, I won’t lie and say my head went straight towards ghosts.  I called our house keeper once again and she hadn’t been there.  I could verify it through the app that no one had entered the house and the back door had the security lock engaged (as it always does).  I wish I would have taken a picture of that.  I looked to see if there was any kind of message but I couldn’t see anything unless it was cryptic.  I put the letters back and we left.  In hindsight, I wish I would have looked at the letters removed vs the letters which were left to see if they spelled anything.

picture of the desk..The letter board sits on it, leaning against the wall.

here's the exact letterboard...

I texted cooky tenant asking her if she had stories to share and I just received a text from the current tenant asking to chat..It’s probably about something minor but I’m kinda excited to find out now.

:insane :insane
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22906 on: July 24, 2018, 08:32:06 AM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22907 on: July 24, 2018, 08:34:47 AM »
biggest crisis of the literal century

It'll be taken care of in two weeks, tops.
©@©™

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #22908 on: July 24, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/secrets-ruining-game-pacing.57311/

"I hate optional secrets in a medium that stress exploration and discovery as one of its mechanics. I mean, I could ignore them but I won't, so I'll just whine about it instead."

:derp

I mean, I have OC tendencies but even I know that if it sours my gaming experience, that's on me and not the game.

james

« Reply #22909 on: July 24, 2018, 09:37:43 AM »
Here's the update I promised with a couple stories from our other house.  I'm fine with people not believing me.  I'm not out for attention..hell I barely even post, let alone start new threads.  It's been fun finally getting this all out though.  Whether you believe me or not, everything is true and some of the experiences are absolutely impossible to explain away.  The strange this is that it's happened in both of our houses. If it is haunted..is it..me?

Oh, it's definitely you.

We purchased a small home which we converted into a vacation rental about a year ago.  It’s in a great area of Phoenix, near a big resort, hiking trails, the spring training venues, and lots of cool new restaurants.  The building is about 30 years old.  I did minor renovation to it when I first got it but overall spent most of the time buying décor and making sure it was fully stocked for the vacation renters.  I didn’t notice too much out of the ordinary at the time but in hindsight things tended to not be where I left them last.  Odds are I just forgot where I put them or left them in odd places…

During the peak season (winter and spring) most tenants are there for only 5 days.  It’s great because you don’t have to deal with long term renters who tend to complain about everything but at the same time I rarely hear from them so if there’s anything wonky about the place it’s news to me..Until early this summer when I got a renter for a month and a half straight.

Right off the bat they complained about hearing odd noises at night and she felt like someone was continually watching her.  Her husband worked and she was a stay at home wife.  She was bit cooky honestly…Here’s some of the random phone calls I got from her..

Me:  Uhh what

Her: There’s a camera on the wall and the red light is on..why are you watching me?

(after this back and forth for a few minutes it dawns on me that she’s talking about the alarm motion detector sensor which has a small red led anytime it detects motion)

On another call, Sunday at around 11pm…

Her:  There’s a high pitch noise coming from the desk

Me: Is there a laptop or other electronic device on the desk

Her: No..We can’t pinpoint it but it’s definitely coming from around the desk

Me: Are you sure there’s nothing electronic?  Try shutting off the power to the house and see if you still hear it.  If you do, it’s likely not electronic.  Then try shutting off the water incase there’s pipes behind the wall

Her: Done, and it’s still there.  Did I ever tell you I think your home is haunted.  Either way, I need you to come out here tonight and help us with this, we can’t sleep (even though they couldn’t hear the sound from the bedroom)

Her: Ill tell you about it later but this could be that.  Here, talk to my husband

(after about 10 minutes on the phone with him I hear “OHHHHHHH” in the background.  It ended up being the husband’s watch which was running low on battery and apparently it made a high pitch noise to let you know.)

I’d gotten 3 other phone calls with her asking if I took her things.  Literally “Hi, did you take my electric toothbrush” and my usual “Uhhh what” response.  The lady was incredibly nice but a pain in the ass and called me about EVERYTHING.  Eventually she moved out and her last text to me was..

“Hey _my name_, We’re done!  Thanks again, loved your place.  Oh, and your ghost said goodbye! Lol” followed by “If I had to guess I’m fairly certain he’s Indian, probably has something to do with the land around the mtns”.

After she moved out I went to check on the place right after the cleaners came.  The front door to the has a keycode lock which I can control from an app and I change the codes after every tenant.  The back door uses a regular key.  The app lets me see when the door has been opened among other things.  Place looked good as new.  The next morning we were heading to San Diego for a short family vacation and I wanted to drop off some supplies for the next tenants.  When we got there I went to the front door and…DAMN.  The security latch (as shown) was engaged.

I never engage it because I also never carry the key and it locks me out but mistakes can be made and I probably did it without thinking.  The unit isn’t terribly large so we went to the side yard (my wife and kid) and looked through the window.  I ALWAYS open all of the shutters louvers I want to let as much light in as possible through the wall of windows, especially for new guests.  Sure enough, the security latch was engaged clear as day.  I called the house keeper asking if she had come by the night before and she told me no (I trust her, she’s a close friend).  I walked around the front of the place back to the sideyard, defeated, and my wife is looking at me like “uhhhhh” then tells me to look at the front door.

The security latch was now completely open.  The time between me trying the door, her verifying it was completely latched to her seeing it now unlatched was maybe 20-30 seconds.  I walked back around to the front with my wife and son in tow, opened the door and went in side.  My wife and I IMMEDIATELY notice that the outer shutters on both windows banking the fireplace/TV are suddenly closed.  These are the same shutters we just looked in less than 30 seconds before.  And it wasn’t one shutter or a single louver..it was 4 separate ones which we looked in just a few minutes before.

Here's a picture of the windows we looked in..the ones on the left.

This is the second time the security latch thing has happened.  The first time I just thought I was crazy and didn’t try pushing the door open enough (I did).  It unlocked itself a few minutes after I first tried.

Also, the place is FREEZING.  Thermometer showed 67 degrees…

This is Phoenix, in the middle of summer, it’s never 67 degrees.  I’m pretty sure the AC could probably pump it down that cold but not without some serious effort but the temp set on the thermostat was 80, exactly how I left it.  The AC was also not on even though the place was freezing.  It must have shut off right before we got inside because it doesn’t take long for a house to heat up in the AZ sun.

Wife and I didn’t say much about it but we both knew.  We were in a rush to get on the road to San Diego so did what we had to do, locked up, and left.

Fast forward 4 days, on our way back we stopped at the condo again.  I wanted to see if there was a problem with the AC because 67 is going to cost me a small fortune in electricity.  We got in normally and the AC was exactly where it was supposed to be but this time we noticed one thing which had changed…

There’s a small board which has plastic letters you can change out to display a message.  Normally it has the wifi login/password and a funny little message about Phoenix heat.  It sits on the desk (same one which the one lady thought was haunted because it made the high pitch noise), and 12 letters had ‘fallen’ off the sign onto the desk.  These letters don’t just fall off.  Because of the incident before we left for SD, I won’t lie and say my head went straight towards ghosts.  I called our house keeper once again and she hadn’t been there.  I could verify it through the app that no one had entered the house and the back door had the security lock engaged (as it always does).  I wish I would have taken a picture of that.  I looked to see if there was any kind of message but I couldn’t see anything unless it was cryptic.  I put the letters back and we left.  In hindsight, I wish I would have looked at the letters removed vs the letters which were left to see if they spelled anything.

picture of the desk..The letter board sits on it, leaning against the wall.

here's the exact letterboard...

I texted cooky tenant asking her if she had stories to share and I just received a text from the current tenant asking to chat..It’s probably about something minor but I’m kinda excited to find out now.

:insane :insane

Phoenix is known for having elevated paranormal activity

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #22910 on: July 24, 2018, 09:38:12 AM »
Yes, i too hate to play games any longer than necessary.

jorma

« Reply #22911 on: July 24, 2018, 09:54:44 AM »

I didn't have time to vote in 2016 (was platinuming Mass Effect Andromeda by Electronic Arts), but I'll definitely support this cause. Time to STOP Trump, allies like Disney being targeted by gamersgate was the last straw for me tbh.

That's the spirit! We'll stop these fascist goons in their tracks!

Remember folks, comedy is only offensive if ree don't like the comedian. Check in with your closest mod or community resettler if you aren't quite sure where you stand and want to avoid an unnecessary ban - they will tell you if you like him.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22912 on: July 24, 2018, 09:56:05 AM »
Gal Gadot does not deserve this sort of body shaming. I can’t even imagine the sort of bullying and prejudice she has experienced in life being a beautiful, successful woman. Jealousy at every corner. And to have her reduced and discarded because muscular women do it for you? You’ve crossed lines. Gal, if you’re reading this, I support you!
https://www.resetera.com/posts/10730576
 :iface

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22913 on: July 24, 2018, 10:00:18 AM »

Phoenix is known for having elevated paranormal activity

Something else about that post stands out:

Her: Done, and it’s still there. Did I ever tell you I think your home is haunted. Either way, I need you to come out here tonight and help us with this, we can’t sleep (even though they couldn’t hear the sound from the bedroom)

I’d gotten 3 other phone calls with her asking if I took her things. Literally “Hi, did you take my electric toothbrush” and my usual “Uhhh what” response.

:beavis
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #22914 on: July 24, 2018, 10:02:33 AM »
Yeah, I was disappointed we didn't get a bigger woman for the role as that was a rare chance to make that body type more "mainstream".

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22915 on: July 24, 2018, 10:23:19 AM »
Yeah, I was disappointed we didn't get a bigger woman for the role as that was a rare chance to make that body type more "mainstream".

:mouf

Where was that McCarthy/Feig team up this time around
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22916 on: July 24, 2018, 11:39:20 AM »
I did it!

I brought this thread to a screeching halt for an entire hour
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22917 on: July 24, 2018, 12:02:44 PM »
Yeah don't ever read any of Jason's review tbh. It's just bad. Like he is just crying and hating like a baby. Wish he would stop making reviews and stick to his books.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/10725643

User Warned: Personal attack

FStop7

« Reply #22918 on: July 24, 2018, 12:13:44 PM »
Pls do not ghost shame  :beetlejuice

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #22919 on: July 24, 2018, 12:19:56 PM »
Travel so you can play a video game console at your destination, brehs.

Ehh, what if you're traveling to some  bumblefuck area for like a wedding or for work? Or you need some time to kill while your girlfriend is getting ready?
^_^