Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5904171 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #22620 on: July 23, 2018, 02:24:18 AM »
but still i'm not feeling it, this doesn't have the same appeal without any kind of ZattMurdock potential
but benji, there's always:
Quote from: Chumley
Reading is hard when you're trying to shift the blame away from the guy making racist jokes.
Is that you, Weird Mike?

benjipwns

« Reply #22621 on: July 23, 2018, 02:26:31 AM »
Quick reminder: While it is possible for people to grow and change and ask forgiveness, that does not mean that everyone is required to forgive. The role of hate groups in this incident should not be overlooked, but simply feeling that Gunn’s tweets were unforgivable does not make someone a member or sympathizer of said groups.

agrajag

« Reply #22622 on: July 23, 2018, 02:28:04 AM »
It seems like Al Franken's fall from grace was ages ago.

benjipwns

« Reply #22623 on: July 23, 2018, 02:30:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mesut-%C3%96zil-leaves-german-national-team-read-op.57109/page-6#post-10677226
Temporarily locking this thread while we review the health of the discussion.
ooh bad precedent to set

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22624 on: July 23, 2018, 02:31:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyts-maggie-haberman-has-a-huge-trump-problem.57194/

But but vilifying the press ? Though I understand Era is more concerned with Kotaku, one of the most recognizable voives against the alt right.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #22625 on: July 23, 2018, 02:31:44 AM »
User Warned: Inflammatory generalizations
The crowds will 100% erupt in cheers. At this point they might as well give him a MAGA gimmick.
WWE fans are puerile. You're not wrong.

congrats to the writers on putting together this post, but don't you think a ban would have improved it?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22626 on: July 23, 2018, 02:31:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mesut-%C3%96zil-leaves-german-national-team-read-op.57109/page-6#post-10677226
Temporarily locking this thread while we review the health of the discussion.
ooh bad precedent to set

It's dead, Jim. All over the board, in fact.
ὕβρις

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #22627 on: July 23, 2018, 02:34:02 AM »
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #22628 on: July 23, 2018, 02:34:08 AM »
User banned (2 Weeks): Conspiracy theories. Ban extended after review.
i think that's the first in a long time i've seen the review result actually being mentioned

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22629 on: July 23, 2018, 02:35:37 AM »
Because the NYT is no longer in the business of journalism. It wasn't lucrative enough for them.
("Access journalism" isn't journalism. You're a de facto PR arm.)

It's getting hard to navigate into what is Verafied and what is not acceptable.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #22630 on: July 23, 2018, 02:35:46 AM »
Proud of the time I got Chumley to put me on ignore. Thread starts here.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2018-ot4-sweetheart-this-is-watergate-goodbye.36254/page-86#post-7074730
You’re one of the few who don’t see Haberman for what she is. Have fun in the bubble.

benjipwns

« Reply #22631 on: July 23, 2018, 02:36:29 AM »
("Access journalism" isn't journalism. You're a de facto PR arm.)
EXCLUSIVE FIRST SCREENSHOTS OF SPLATOON 3 POSTED BY NINTENDO

agrajag

« Reply #22632 on: July 23, 2018, 02:40:40 AM »
i think that's the first in a long time i've seen the review result actually being mentioned

that's some hard-hitting investigative journalism, benji

shosta

« Reply #22633 on: July 23, 2018, 02:41:35 AM »
You’re one of the few who don’t see Haberman for what she is. Have fun in the bubble.
I see you horsefuckers and come straight at you. That is not a bubble.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I really love that he tried to use that slate article as proof that others saw Haberman for "what she is", but when you read it, which I wasted my time doing, it was actually a compliment of how good she is at access journalism and how many people misunderstand what she does. Like Chumley does. He didn't even read it! :lol
[close]
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #22635 on: July 23, 2018, 02:52:20 AM »
I grew up in a time when politicians could sink each other with a scandal
in the United States? Even "a dead girl or a live boy" didn't apply to a recent Speaker of the House.

benjipwns

« Reply #22636 on: July 23, 2018, 02:54:32 AM »
There is very nearly nothing I would not say to get this man out of office.
How many divisions does Speevy have?

benjipwns

« Reply #22637 on: July 23, 2018, 02:55:52 AM »

that's some hard-hitting investigative journalism, benji
User was banned for: vilifying journalism

shosta

« Reply #22638 on: July 23, 2018, 03:00:01 AM »
How is that Gunn thread still going?
I honestly wouldn't blame the entire Guardians cast for  to work on the project under a different director. Put Disney's PR face to the proverbial fire. It's not like they need the money.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #22639 on: July 23, 2018, 03:02:34 AM »
Yeah, why would actors not take on the world's largest media corporation over a director change? It's not like they need the money.

benjipwns

« Reply #22640 on: July 23, 2018, 03:04:17 AM »
Plus fuck the hundreds of crew members who would be working on a multi-hundred-million dollar blockbuster amirite?

Solidarity! (Not in the Polish strategy game sense.)

benjipwns

« Reply #22641 on: July 23, 2018, 03:58:04 AM »
I would delete my Twitter if I didn't use it to shit talk and insult Trump with him being unable to block on me.
you know who else did this...Dennis Amir0x

benjipwns

« Reply #22642 on: July 23, 2018, 04:01:01 AM »
shosta is wrong, the Gunn thread is continuing to produce quality discussion on page 108 even without ZattMurdock
Could this lead to actors/writers/etc. leaving Twitter en masse, not even as a form of protest, but just to not deal with the alt-right shitlord brigade?
I actually wonder if it would be possible to sue Twitter for damages, especially as a combined effort. Jack gives free reign to these lying assholes time after time and the evidence is pretty clear that the platform he's given them has been used to spread harassment and threaten jobs.
All Celebrities should leave Twitter.

We should all leave Twitter.

Western government’s should step in. It’s compromised by a foreign state and extremist groups trying to abuse, harass and manipulate. Social media needs to be regulated so every user is verified, traceable and accountable - and it needs to be run by a body wise to the tactics of extremist political / hate groups and foreign agencies.
Calling for stronger moderation and protection isn’t the same “level of control” as authoritarian China or North Korea, what a cretinous thing to say. Our democracy is literally in crisis right now and social media is one of the greatest tools of our enemies.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22643 on: July 23, 2018, 04:07:51 AM »
double mexican reminds me of that racist 4 panel sonic the hedgehog comic where robotnik/eggman calls the fish a double hotdog

link?
go to know your meme and search for angry robotnic, scroll to the images where the bottom right panel is light red/pink

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22644 on: July 23, 2018, 04:11:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-truth-in-taiwan-by-cjayride-cj-is-going-back-to-america.57144/page-2

Moditburo still haven't decided if the official line is "culturally insensitive and rude foreigner" or "victim blaming".
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #22645 on: July 23, 2018, 04:50:51 AM »
now i didn't read the details as the video was bad and the explanation on ERA was even worse in actually explaining why this is even a thing...look, death threats aren't cool, but public figures getting them is normal throughout human history, it's just the cost of sending them has dropped as has the cost of what it takes to become a public figure, which also drops the probability of them actually meaning anything, and usually these "death threats" are like comments on their videos or twitter or shit which i have a hard time taking seriously as an old man who received death threats many times online over a decade ago back when people actually e-mailed them even if their name and school or whatever was in the e-mail address

and for people who live online, ERA is irrationally paranoid about "doxxing", "online harassment" and "death threats" to where it's all DEFCON 1 immediately, even when the person makes themselves a total public figure online that probably would have used to assume this is what they'll get by default

they think a bot scraping the forum is stalkers targeting people for sinister motives, when the forum already provides the same function for users posts and it's not even protected as well as on NeoGAF.com

i guess my point is only people posting in favor of littering should be actioned and it should be severe, they should receive a PMed death threat and if they're an eraclear member it should replace the ads with one

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22646 on: July 23, 2018, 05:27:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/superman-wears-michael-avenatti-pajamas-to-bed.57201/

Not sure if I want that in someone when it comes to longer term power. But it's fun to watch him make people squirm. I could see maybe supporting a ticket with him as VP

He's a real like-able personality. Would not want him to seriously run for office, but it's hard to deny his appeal, which as we know, can win just about anything over any other quality.

Maybe VP.

:insane

With how much the alt-right loves digging up shit I think we’d have known by now.

Oh, you sweet summer child...
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #22647 on: July 23, 2018, 05:50:39 AM »
Only a few people in that thread even seem to know what his profession is. And nobody mentions that he's bankrupt and owes millions of dollars in fees to clients and partners from just the current cases against him.

But why not, he's on TV a lot and bashes Trump! We don't even need any primaries.

benjipwns

« Reply #22648 on: July 23, 2018, 05:56:09 AM »
I prefer a scenario like a Bob Iger/Mark Zuckerberg/Howard Schultz/Andrew Cuomo/Terry McAuliffe/Eric Holder/John Kerry primary for largest possible ERA lulz though.

PogiJones

« Reply #22649 on: July 23, 2018, 06:04:13 AM »
Regarding victim blaming. It's crazy to me that so many people can't see the difference between saying someone did something bad and saying someone did something dumb. Just today, I was talking to my 5 year old son about how I left my car unlocked and my radio got stolen. I asked him if he knew the difference between bad choices and dumb choices. He nailed it. He said I made a dumb choice by leaving my car unlocked, and whoever stole the radio made a bad choice by stealing it. He's five, and he understands that pointing out someone's dumb choice isn't an attempt to alleviate guilt and moral culpability from the bad actor. Yet so many adults cannot grasp the concept that a five year old intuitively knows.

benjipwns

« Reply #22650 on: July 23, 2018, 06:14:33 AM »
*looks up child services' number*

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22651 on: July 23, 2018, 06:31:52 AM »
Only a few people in that thread even seem to know what his profession is. And nobody mentions that he's bankrupt and owes millions of dollars in fees to clients and partners from just the current cases against him.

But why not, he's on TV a lot and bashes Trump! We don't even need any primaries.

Does he even have a political platform or just expanded on his policy views ? That some ERA patrons are "endorsing" him is hilarious. For all we know the guy could have Bernie bro leanings or even worse, "moderate" ones.

"This is it, the first presidential debate... Candidate Avenatti, you go first : What's your stance on China ?"
"Thank you. For too long the traitorous yellow man has been stealing our precious bodily fluids. Xi Jinping would have until my inauguration to abide to the unjust treaties and accept opium trade otherwise the ICBMs will leave their silos thee minute I am sworn in."
"President Trump ? Your response ?"
"STORMY DANIELS IS A LIAR !"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 06:45:05 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Bananas

« Reply #22652 on: July 23, 2018, 06:57:54 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-naughty-dog-agenda-robingaming.1463523/page-19

Just watched the vid for the first time. Yeah, I'll not be buying any more Naughty Dog crap. I've been playing vidya since I was 5 years old, and I never cared if there was a woman, gay or black guy in a game, and then they shove an agenda in my face and scream at me that I'm an embarrassment when I see it? Yeah.....no.

SJWs indeed.

Reading GAF nowadays is a fascinating experience.

benjipwns

« Reply #22653 on: July 23, 2018, 07:06:01 AM »
should have included the username:
idontlikeusernames
TIMU ain't slick

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22654 on: July 23, 2018, 07:06:18 AM »
Sony Playstation studios = SJW gaming studios

:lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/japanese-politician-says-using-tax-on-lgbt-citizens-is-unproductive-because-they-dont-have-children.57209/

Waiting for the first brave Risottors to suggest homophobia is a western export or something.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #22655 on: July 23, 2018, 07:10:09 AM »
Does he even have a political platform or just expanded on his policy views ? That some ERA patrons are "endorsing" him is hilarious. For all we know the guy could have Bernie bro leanings or even worse, "moderate" ones.

"This is it, the first presidential debate... Candidate Avenatti, you go first : What's your stance on China ?"
Avenatti is smart enough to just ignore the non-journalist piece of shit asking that gotcha question and just insult and bash Trump to his stupid orange cheeto face, Trump will get so mad and try to have him killed proving he's crazy and a dictator and the voters will wake up and order Treason Trump and his traitorous family to prison and James Gunn back to direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 :american

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22657 on: July 23, 2018, 07:13:48 AM »
Here we go again:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/calls-for-boycott-as-racist-trevor-noah-clip-resurfaces.57185/

It's truly interesting how many people have made a 180 on digging up shit from the past (when it fits their cause). It's not even confirmed whether the alt-right was involved in this in any form.

I dunno how we realistically reduce his entire worth as a comedian to a single joke. He's got a rather large body of work that isn't racially insensitive.

Michael Richards is going to be so happy to hear that
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 07:25:51 AM by HaughtyFrank »

SmokyDave

« Reply #22658 on: July 23, 2018, 07:47:59 AM »
Here we go again:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/calls-for-boycott-as-racist-trevor-noah-clip-resurfaces.57185/

It's truly interesting how many people have made a 180 on digging up shit from the past (when it fits their cause). It's not even confirmed whether the alt-right was involved in this in any form.

I dunno how we realistically reduce his entire worth as a comedian to a single joke. He's got a rather large body of work that isn't racially insensitive.

Those absolutist kids were always going to end up hoisted with their own petards. I’d like to pretend that it might teach them temperance, and to remember that the tools you use can be used against you, but I seriously doubt the capacity for such introspection exists amongst those that believe themselves to be morally unimpeachable.

Ah well, fuck ‘em.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22659 on: July 23, 2018, 08:04:37 AM »
It's not even confirmed whether the alt-right was involved in this in any form.

To some, it doesn't matter. If they can profit from it, it's the same as if they're involved and if they're involved, it's the same than orchestrating it. In the end it all comes down to whether the ERA Xatrician class thinks the controversial personality has protected status or not this particular day which of course means it's often messy, vague and arbitrary.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 08:12:53 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

jorma

« Reply #22660 on: July 23, 2018, 08:21:53 AM »
Here we go again:

I think people are prone to forget that these people don't live in the same reality as the rest of us; they are fighting a war against literally Hitler to preserve the republic from a fascist coup - one forum post at a time.
Forgiving allies for some bad jokes in the past isn't much to ask in these circumstances, is it? Especially if the jokester just happens to produce movies they really really like.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22661 on: July 23, 2018, 08:33:24 AM »
If he can take down Trump he should be the next AG just as a thank you.

Man at this point unless Michelle Obama decides to run, this guy is my top pick.

:stop
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #22662 on: July 23, 2018, 08:46:27 AM »
The alt-right are digging up old tweets to take people down  :gddr5

This is evil and outrageous :gddr5

Cause we did it first, it's OUR thing :crybaby
[close]

Bananas

« Reply #22663 on: July 23, 2018, 09:24:55 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/japanese-politician-says-using-tax-on-lgbt-citizens-is-unproductive-because-they-dont-have-children.57209/

Waiting for the first brave Risottors to suggest homophobia is a western export or something.

I don't get what you are trying to say.

Also if they plan to tax only those who have children there will be little people to tax in Japan very soon.  :doge

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #22664 on: July 23, 2018, 09:51:43 AM »
should have included the username:
idontlikeusernames
TIMU ain't slick

Not me, though.
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22665 on: July 23, 2018, 10:08:28 AM »

I don't get what you are trying to say.

Also if they plan to tax only those who have children there will be little people to tax in Japan very soon.  :doge

GAFERA posters has a tendency to handwave problematic stuff in Nippon (or Asia) by blaming it on Western colonialism.

Also the title is confusing : it's not about exempting people with no children of tax, it's limiting public spending to their benefit.
ὕβρις

marrec

« Reply #22666 on: July 23, 2018, 10:54:57 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-naughty-dog-agenda-robingaming.1463523/page-19

Just watched the vid for the first time. Yeah, I'll not be buying any more Naughty Dog crap. I've been playing vidya since I was 5 years old, and I never cared if there was a woman, gay or black guy in a game, and then they shove an agenda in my face and scream at me that I'm an embarrassment when I see it? Yeah.....no.

SJWs indeed.

You know what, I may start posting on GAF again just to troll all these new wastoids. It won't be the same without Devo there to help tho :(

agrajag

« Reply #22667 on: July 23, 2018, 10:59:49 AM »

SJWs indeed.

You know what, I may start posting on GAF again just to troll all these new wastoids. It won't be the same without Devo there to help tho :(

Narrator: "trolling" in this case refers to *incoherently screeching*

marrec

« Reply #22668 on: July 23, 2018, 11:10:27 AM »

SJWs indeed.

Narrator: "trolling" in this case refers to *incoherently screeching*

I'm sorry to hear your literacy isn't improving I hope you can get the help you need and eventually are able to read just as well as everyone else :(

agrajag

« Reply #22669 on: July 23, 2018, 11:12:33 AM »
Marrc don't make you humiliate you like I did last time.

"Things that trigger me are grammatically incorrect."

:crybaby

Dumb piece of shit.

marrec

« Reply #22670 on: July 23, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »

Dumb piece of shit.

You only humiliated yourself  :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22671 on: July 23, 2018, 11:16:34 AM »
It's nuts the extent that their crafted/enforced worldview leads to these moments of extreme cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy

I don't mind a little hypocrisy now and then, that's human, but this is seemingly baked into their worldview and causing major breakdowns every other day

At what point do you examine your beliefs, methods, philosophy
Uncle

agrajag

« Reply #22672 on: July 23, 2018, 11:19:11 AM »

Dumb piece of shit.

You only humiliated yourself  :lol

That's not what the public record shows, you delusional cretin.

marrec

« Reply #22673 on: July 23, 2018, 11:20:36 AM »
It's nuts the extent that their crafted/enforced worldview leads to these moments of extreme cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy

I don't mind a little hypocrisy now and then, that's human, but this is seemingly baked into their worldview and causing major breakdowns every other day

At what point do you examine your beliefs, methods, philosophy

Should be some kind of internal audit once you start castigating your opponents for doing the exact same thing you've been doing and once "allies" start becoming victims.

That's not what the public record shows, you delusional cretin.

:heyman :heyman :heyman

agrajag

« Reply #22674 on: July 23, 2018, 11:23:08 AM »
But then again, you probably enjoy the humiliation, because you are a cuck.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22675 on: July 23, 2018, 11:30:57 AM »
I love the word filter

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #22676 on: July 23, 2018, 11:37:25 AM »
Anyone catch kristoffers ban message?

Also, fuck anyone who gets offended by stand up comedy.

Dont like it? DONT BUY A FUCKING TICKET
:O

jorma

« Reply #22677 on: July 23, 2018, 11:49:03 AM »

SJWs indeed.

and by trolling you obviously mean "finding a better audience for my cheeseburger jokes"

you aint slick, we see you

Dennis

« Reply #22678 on: July 23, 2018, 12:04:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/r-kelly-releases-19-minute-song-i-admit-talks-about-everything-aaliyah-tape-sex-cult.57242/

Now I admit that I got some girls that love me to pull they hair (they hair)
Now I admit that they love me to talk dirty when I pull they hair (they hair)
Some like me to spank 'em
Some like to get branded

And of course there are people stanning for him in that thread.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22679 on: July 23, 2018, 12:07:35 PM »
(they hair)
©@©™