Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5906009 times)

bdoughty

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| You ain't slick
« Reply #40440 on: October 23, 2018, 08:04:50 AM »
It's fun to go back a decade. I will never forget some of the responses to my thread about a Historically Black College Football game being created.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/black-college-football-experience-announced.187494/

Lot's of shame, some of those names seem familiar, a few from here too.   :doge

Im well aware that there are black college schools... randy moss?

Anyways, i never felt right about that neither...

:dolezal

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #40441 on: October 23, 2018, 08:17:19 AM »
Dear Autistic Screeching:

:umad

Propagandhim

« Reply #40442 on: October 23, 2018, 08:19:10 AM »
It's fun to go back a decade. I will never forget some of the responses to my thread about a Historically Black College Football game being created.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/black-college-football-experience-announced.187494/

Lot's of shame, some of those names seem familiar, a few from here too.   :doge

Im well aware that there are black college schools... randy moss?

Anyways, i never felt right about that neither...

:dolezal

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/black-college-football-experience-announced.187494/#post-7698778

:comeon

It's ok.  Joe Molotov is on the left and it was 11 years ago.   He gets the nicca pass.

This is BULLSHIT. If someone made a game about All white football players the game would get banned day one, you make a game about Black players and its 'A-OK'.

Fuck that shit, I'm going to make a football game that has both Black and White players playing on the same field. I know, its a risky idea but God Dammit I'm a dreamer.

Future gator.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 08:24:29 AM by Propagandhim »

bdoughty

« Reply #40443 on: October 23, 2018, 08:29:16 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40444 on: October 23, 2018, 08:33:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdp-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/page-41#post-14096199

Yesterday, we posted a tweet containing a trending hashtag as a pun. The tweet was neither intended as a malicious attack, nor as a comment to the ongoing social debate.

GOG should focus only on games. We acknowledge that and we commit to it.
This is 100% a dogwhistle to Gamergate.

Yup, fuck CDP.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdp-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/page-41#post-14096250
They apologized for a gater dogwhistle tweet...with a gater dogwhistle tweet. LMAO.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdp-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/page-41#post-14096264
it would be much better if they said nothing
with saying "focus only on games" and calling the recent movement a debate as if the other side has a point worth debating, they're basically saying to the gamer gate crowd "we got you"

:confused

GAMERGATE Y'ALL, NEVER FORGET

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #40445 on: October 23, 2018, 08:42:29 AM »
Insert NPC meme here

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40446 on: October 23, 2018, 08:43:55 AM »
Meanwhile in non political lmao reeeera
https://www.resetera.com/threads/loyal-playstation-owner-ps1-ps2-ps3-psp-psvita-and-ps4-psvr-ps4-pro.76485/

I hope you all sympathise with me on this but I feel cheated and totally disgusted that Sony have treated me like what I am about to tell you.

I have had a PSVR and it has only recently gone out of its warranty. I have had no problem with it up till recently but now after much dissecting of the problem I find out that my PSVR processor box is kicking the PSVR headset out.

The red light comes on as soon as I press the button to switch to PSVR, this then turns the headset off and everything goes black.

I reported this firstly to the helpline and got a response that it would cost me 175.00 for a direct repair due to being out of warranty now, this for just the processor box, NOT the headset or anything else seems diabolical to ask after spending so much on PSVR to start off with.

I have reported this now also direct to Jim Ryan and even John Kodera as I was so disgusted from the helpline response that given I am a very loyal customer they could sort this for a modest fee as I can buy the whole of the PSVR set up now for just 199.00.

I must stress I don't want it done for free but for that price to just repair I feel disappointed to say the least.

I am now considering on selling everything I own PlayStation and giving him the link to see I am.

I have tried one last time to see if I can get a more mutual fee they will charge before deciding my next actions.

I have had dealings with Nintendo and these are so much better and have even followed up to see how my equipment in now working.

I am very disappointed I had to report this but it seems that this is a very common fault and I think PlayStation should address this and not just charge their loyal customer base an astonishing amount to put things right.

:crowdlaff :girlaff :umad

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40447 on: October 23, 2018, 08:44:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdp-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/page-41#post-14096199

It's so pedantic, everything has to be worded with so much precision or you're suddenly trash

"oh they used the word DEBATE like there's anything to DEBATE here, they should have said 'nor as social commentary' instead!"
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40448 on: October 23, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdp-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/page-42#post-14096495
People are too sensitive these days. You all act like CDPR as a company must have some agenda against trans when more than likely this was just one of their social media guys making a dumb joke. I dont think I could even classify it as "mocking", more like they were just trying to ride on the back of a trending hashtag. Making a big deal out of nothing just because people love drama.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Junior phase account dismissing concerns over transphobia; ignoring modpost

you ain't slick Junior

Propagandhim

« Reply #40449 on: October 23, 2018, 08:49:07 AM »

Yesterday, we posted a tweet containing a trending hashtag as a pun. The tweet was neither intended as a malicious attack, nor as a comment to the ongoing social debate.

GOG should focus only on games. We acknowledge that and we commit to it.
This is 100% a dogwhistle to Gamergate.

Yup, fuck CDP.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdp-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/page-41#post-14096250
They apologized for a gater dogwhistle tweet...with a gater dogwhistle tweet. LMAO.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdp-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/page-41#post-14096264
it would be much better if they said nothing
with saying "focus only on games" and calling the recent movement a debate as if the other side has a point worth debating, they're basically saying to the gamer gate crowd "we got you"

They're all so fucking crazy.  They're encoding secret dog-whistle messages in their apologies.   :lol

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #40450 on: October 23, 2018, 08:55:21 AM »
Glad to see Danny o'Dwyer has had time to really grow as a person

Averon

« Reply #40452 on: October 23, 2018, 09:01:18 AM »
Digging up 8 year old tweets to try to get an outrage mob going is so typical of ResetERA. It's so petty and out-of-the-fucking-blue to do. As much as they want to deny it, ERA is addicted to getting outraged, often over the pettiest of reasons. They like it more than playing videogames, watching Disney movies, or saying "fuck Trump/GOP." It is their bread and butter nowadays.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:44:27 PM by Averon »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40454 on: October 23, 2018, 09:09:28 AM »
Shen Long is Tupac
spoiler (click to show/hide)
because he's dead
OR IS HE?
[close]
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #40455 on: October 23, 2018, 09:10:34 AM »
Digging up 8 year old tweets to try to get an outrage mob going is so typical of ResetERA. It's so petty and out-of-the-fucking-blue to do. As much as they want to deny it, ERA is addicted to getting outraged, often over the pettiest of reasons. They like it more that playing videogames, watching Disney movies, or saying "fuck Trump/GOP." It is their bread and butter nowadays.
FACT CHECK: That is something Resetti would NEVER do

8 year old tweets posted with zero context would be thin material for a thread even if the archive links weren't apparently sourced from hate sites / movements
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14092721/

Assuming that person is on the right side of history of course :doge

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #40456 on: October 23, 2018, 09:14:04 AM »
Digging up 8 year old tweets to try to get an outrage mob going is so typical of ResetERA. It's so petty and out-of-the-fucking-blue to do. As much as they want to deny it, ERA is addicted to getting outraged, often over the pettiest of reasons. They like it more that playing videogames, watching Disney movies, or saying "fuck Trump/GOP." It is their bread and butter nowadays.
FACT CHECK: That is something Resetti would NEVER do

8 year old tweets posted with zero context would be thin material for a thread even if the archive links weren't apparently sourced from hate sites / movements
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14092721/

Assuming that person is on the right side of history of course :doge

I love how there's suddenly context needed for dropping the n-word

The same people were cool with a teen being charged for quoting rap lyrics.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #40457 on: October 23, 2018, 09:18:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/loyal-playstation-owner-ps1-ps2-ps3-psp-psvita-and-ps4-psvr-ps4-pro.76485/

I hope you all sympathise with me on this but I feel cheated and totally disgusted that Sony have treated me like what I am about to tell you.

I have had a PSVR and it has only recently gone out of its warranty. I have had no problem with it up till recently but now after much dissecting of the problem I find out that my PSVR processor box is kicking the PSVR headset out.

The red light comes on as soon as I press the button to switch to PSVR, this then turns the headset off and everything goes black.

I reported this firstly to the helpline and got a response that it would cost me 175.00 for a direct repair due to being out of warranty now, this for just the processor box, NOT the headset or anything else seems diabolical to ask after spending so much on PSVR to start off with.

I have reported this now also direct to Jim Ryan and even John Kodera as I was so disgusted from the helpline response that given I am a very loyal customer they could sort this for a modest fee as I can buy the whole of the PSVR set up now for just 199.00.

I must stress I don't want it done for free but for that price to just repair I feel disappointed to say the least.

I am now considering on selling everything I own PlayStation and giving him the link to see I am.

I have tried one last time to see if I can get a more mutual fee they will charge before deciding my next actions.

I have had dealings with Nintendo and these are so much better and have even followed up to see how my equipment in now working.

I am very disappointed I had to report this but it seems that this is a very common fault and I think PlayStation should address this and not just charge their loyal customer base an astonishing amount to put things right.

Can't stand people like this. Just because you bought things doesn't mean you are entitled to free stuff. This isn't a punch card from a sub shop.
©ZH

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #40458 on: October 23, 2018, 09:19:05 AM »
Thronebreaker's presentation. :lawd How I've missed the Witcher world.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40459 on: October 23, 2018, 09:51:13 AM »

:dead

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #40460 on: October 23, 2018, 09:53:00 AM »
It seems, to me, that all those claiming to boycott a particularly developer weren’t gonna buy from them anyways.

Finally playing through Witcher 3 and it’s so good. :lawd

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40461 on: October 23, 2018, 09:58:04 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:dead

Era in a nutshell:
spends $20 to say "fuck those guys", not $20 on something to help those other guys

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #40463 on: October 23, 2018, 10:26:59 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/black-college-football-experience-announced.187494/#post-7698778

:comeon

It's ok.  Joe Molotov is on the left and it was 11 years ago.   He gets the nicca pass.

I'm not racist, some of my best friends have met a black person.
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #40464 on: October 23, 2018, 10:40:44 AM »
Dear Autistic Screeching:

:umad

Oh wait, so this is different than that Gwent game that I never played?

kingv

« Reply #40465 on: October 23, 2018, 10:44:01 AM »

Can't stand people like this. Just because you bought things doesn't mean you are entitled to free stuff. This isn't a punch card from a sub shop.

I do think $175 to repair that box is outrageous, though.

But Sony also has the worst customer service of the big 3 console companies, so I guess you shouldn’t be surprised.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #40466 on: October 23, 2018, 10:57:45 AM »
It seems, to me, that all those claiming to boycott a particularly developer weren’t gonna buy from them anyways.

Finally playing through Witcher 3 and it’s so good. :lawd

or..

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #40468 on: October 23, 2018, 11:02:39 AM »
Game looks horrible, can't believe anyone would play that garbage.
每天生气

Borealis

« Reply #40469 on: October 23, 2018, 11:02:43 AM »
Oh wait, so this is different than that Gwent game that I never played?

Yeah, it's a lengthy singleplayer campaign using Gwent mechanics.

nachobro

• Live Más

Borealis

« Reply #40471 on: October 23, 2018, 11:10:13 AM »
Don't usually supply total basket-case posts, but I can't:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/14101328/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40472 on: October 23, 2018, 11:13:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-hero-academia-one%E2%80%99s-justice-will-not-get-an-english-dub-for-its-western-release.76426/page-2#post-14087275
Quote from: Chie Satonaka91, post: 14087275, member: 10889
Please include Academia in the OTs title. Bamco being weird about the name shouldn't bleed into ERA's OT.

THE NAME OF THE GAME IS "MY HERO ONE'S JUSTICE"
:kinison

:expert
[close]
ど助平

venereology

« Reply #40473 on: October 23, 2018, 11:18:41 AM »
GOG thread tripping over itself trying to redefine doxxing in a way that the mods (who for once are doing a good job, weird) will approve of

"but the information is publicly available!"

you know, because most doxxing comes from secret elite hacks into government databases or something

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40474 on: October 23, 2018, 11:19:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-you-buying-cyberpunk-2077.76506/

That poll result backfire  :lol

closed with
We don't need to do this right now.
:birb

I like how it's OK to buy a used copy- So it's OK to play the game made by people you think are bigots or whatever as long as you don't pay them directly?
:huh
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 11:23:35 AM by bork »
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40475 on: October 23, 2018, 11:19:48 AM »
ὕβρις

Borealis

« Reply #40476 on: October 23, 2018, 11:21:14 AM »
The absolute state of this mass :lol, pleading with mods to doxx any individuals they can find.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40477 on: October 23, 2018, 11:21:54 AM »

If I got a support ticket saying "please keep all my money for nothing in return" I'd say "Cheers!" too

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #40478 on: October 23, 2018, 11:22:10 AM »

:gamergate

emoticon justified

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #40479 on: October 23, 2018, 11:22:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-you-buying-cyberpunk-2077.76506/

That poll result backfire  :lol

closed with
We don't need to do this right now.
:birb

Name and shame the secret Alt-Right bigots that voted yes. This is your chance to clean house, Resetera! :bolo
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40481 on: October 23, 2018, 11:27:11 AM »
GOG thread tripping over itself trying to redefine doxxing in a way that the mods (who for once are doing a good job, weird) will approve of

"but the information is publicly available!"

you know, because most doxxing comes from secret elite hacks into government databases or something

they're removing links, not warning or banning people for doing it, even though "internet detective work" is one of the few actual written down and clearly defined rules the site has

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40482 on: October 23, 2018, 11:31:27 AM »
Man, I'm really glad all these year old empty accounts finally found a topic they are so invested in!

Talk about being engaged!

:putin
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #40483 on: October 23, 2018, 11:31:59 AM »
The real kicker is this (a response back in 2016 when someone called CDPR sexist)

CDProjekt RED, company of 370 employees, a lot from around the world, many women (brilliant and talented) but also minorities: gay, transsexual (we might have been one of the few companies who had transsexual lead), all treated equally with only respect and support.
But we`re called sexist for showing a boob or panties. Really?
We always aimed to tell stories about people. And there are people with boobs and people with panties. Sometimes both.
https://www.gamezone.com/news/cd-projekt-red-employee-responds-to-sexist-accusations-from-the-chinese-room-3436560/

Boycott those monsters!

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40484 on: October 23, 2018, 11:38:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdp-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/page-52#post-14102320

Harassing shitty people leads to no good because it legitimises harassment as a method of silencing people who's opinions you don't like.
Which might be good for actual shitty people but it's going to show the shitty people they can use it to silence non-shitty people.
I think we're better than that.
Disagree, it worked with the Charlottesville march where many lost their jobs and without the internet’s help many who assaulted people would have never been found.

Yes, these seem like the exact same thing

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40485 on: October 23, 2018, 11:40:09 AM »
The real kicker is this (a response back in 2016 when someone called CDPR sexist)

CDProjekt RED, company of 370 employees, a lot from around the world, many women (brilliant and talented) but also minorities: gay, transsexual (we might have been one of the few companies who had transsexual lead), all treated equally with only respect and support.
But we`re called sexist for showing a boob or panties. Really?
We always aimed to tell stories about people. And there are people with boobs and people with panties. Sometimes both.
https://www.gamezone.com/news/cd-projekt-red-employee-responds-to-sexist-accusations-from-the-chinese-room-3436560/

Boycott those monsters!

I don't think actual statements or facts can disprove the no doubt scientifically backed solid opinion on the sociology of the "Eastern European gaming scene".
:expert
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40486 on: October 23, 2018, 11:41:04 AM »
ど助平

shosta

« Reply #40487 on: October 23, 2018, 11:41:13 AM »

best Gate
每天生气

Averon

« Reply #40488 on: October 23, 2018, 11:41:28 AM »
ResetERA: We want to doxx...for the right-side of history!

After years of advocating against doxxing, we finally get what really grinds ResetERA gears about it: The doxxing was aiming at the "wrong target." Otherwise, doxxing is not only fair, but a moral imperative for people they deem "bad."

FStop7

« Reply #40489 on: October 23, 2018, 11:41:30 AM »
Imagine letting one rando social media douche control your life.

Not to say they aren’t full of shit.  They’ll buy Cyberpunk and whatever else CDPR releases.

Drainage

« Reply #40490 on: October 23, 2018, 11:43:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/la-confidential-holy-shit-racism-sexism-spoilers.76360/

This 90's movie about the 50's doesn't satisfy my social justice vengeance boner lust! Holy shit!

You'd think for the 4k re-release they could at least digitally remove Kevin Spacey like that other movie he was in. Problematic as fuck.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40491 on: October 23, 2018, 11:43:38 AM »

best Gate

At least that gate was catered and gave out refreshing beverages to all

shosta

« Reply #40492 on: October 23, 2018, 11:46:51 AM »
wrong cult, but maybe heaven's gate should have had kool-aid, too.
每天生气

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40493 on: October 23, 2018, 11:49:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdp-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/page-53

“i wonder how many account deletion requests they have to get before they realize they need to put out a better response.“

More than the few dozen that reee will generate, I’m sure.
Oi Oi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #40494 on: October 23, 2018, 11:53:06 AM »
I like how it's OK to buy a used copy- So it's OK to play the game made by people you think are bigots or whatever as long as you don't pay them directly?
:huh
of course, that's why these people always make sure to say "its okay to enjoy problematic media" so they can have their cake and eat it too.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40495 on: October 23, 2018, 11:54:05 AM »
Those Poles should maybe take a page or ten on the subject of Oppression and Resistance from anime figurines collectors and sore losers at Tekken.
 :reeeee :snob
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40496 on: October 23, 2018, 11:58:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/la-confidential-holy-shit-racism-sexism-spoilers.76360/

This 90's movie about the 50's doesn't satisfy my social justice vengeance boner lust! Holy shit!

You'd think for the 4k re-release they could at least digitally remove Kevin Spacey like that other movie he was in. Problematic as fuck.

OK, done.  New and improved REEEEEElease.

ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #40497 on: October 23, 2018, 12:00:36 PM »
Now replace Danny Devito with Always Sunny era Danny Devito.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40498 on: October 23, 2018, 12:03:53 PM »
Now replace Danny Devito with Always Sunny era Danny Devito.

ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #40499 on: October 23, 2018, 12:04:38 PM »
sold :lol
©@©™