Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5905897 times)

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| You ain't slick
« Reply #40320 on: October 21, 2018, 05:08:12 PM »
That sounds like every open world game, especially one that's 5 years old.

Nah, it's GTA5.

Boredfrom

« Reply #40321 on: October 21, 2018, 05:41:49 PM »
Is not like they needed GTA Online to keep the studio afloat to begin with. Is more surprising that the online is not the main priority for Red Dead 2.

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #40322 on: October 21, 2018, 06:26:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wtf-is-up-with-this-open-racism-towards-white-people.76135/

ruh-roh

I’m a straight white dude.

Fuck straight white dudes.

He's almost right. White people like him are the worst.

I always thought people didn't assign enough significance to the fact that Obama was elected twice after his pastor said:

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing "God Bless America". No, no, no, not God Bless America. God damn America — that's in the Bible — for killing innocent people. God damn America, for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America, as long as she tries to act like she is God, and she is supreme. The United States government has failed the vast majority of her citizens of African descent."

And after Hillary tried to use it against him:

"You don't choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend. I think given all we have heard and seen, [Wright] would not have been my pastor."

Obama won anyway because the majority of people can see the genuine elements of truth, and can see that Obama is not an insufferable, reactionary idiot.

But in the ensuing years we saw the rise of people like many at Reset. Insufferable, reactionary idiots who are probably spewing racist ideas because they're so thin skinned. "Fuck straight white dudes" is precisely what I would expect a thin skinned reactionary straight white dude to say when confronted with real world problems. While pretending to be helping, what they're actually doing is taking real issues that can be dealt with rationally, and turning them into racist gibberish that can't be. "I don't know how to deal with these legitimate issues so I'll just shit all over everything." It might make them feel better, but these "woke ally" racism spouts (the majority of whom are white) are a big part of the problem.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40323 on: October 21, 2018, 06:58:59 PM »
I feel like all the people who think even just spanking a child is abuse are white tbqadewh.

That isn't a white kids name.
Oi Oi

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #40324 on: October 21, 2018, 08:49:43 PM »
I would actually try playing GTA online if it didn’t run  below 20fps on OG PS4 and didn’t have long ass loading screens.

Wanted to make a new character but I forgot that it’s like a guarantee kick if you’re low level.

Load-> Join Lobby ->Kick->Load (x99)

:snore

Not playing it on Master Race and getting banned because Rockstar thinks  you're a hacker when someone else hacks and gives you a shit ton of money. :wag :wag :wag

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fuck them for not doing a Stories of San Andreas DLC pack.
[close]

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40325 on: October 21, 2018, 09:13:33 PM »
I would actually try playing GTA online if it didn’t run  below 20fps on OG PS4 and didn’t have long ass loading screens.

Wanted to make a new character but I forgot that it’s like a guarantee kick if you’re low level.

Load-> Join Lobby ->Kick->Load (x99)

:snore

Kicked for being low level what?

How do you even get kicked from public free for all lobbies?  And why would they do that?
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #40326 on: October 22, 2018, 12:03:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14048456/

I work my ass off and some ghetto trash cocksucker robs me.
I understand that you're just venting and straight people don't think twice about this stuff, but please do not use terms like 'cocksucker' as a means to insult someone who has upset you in some way. It is a derogatory slur that is considered offensive to many members in the LGBTQ community and while I'm sure you didn't mean to offend I feel it's important that you know this.

Again, best of luck to you and your situation

Dude gets robbed of all his stuff but oh won't someone think of the poor offended taco
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 12:35:34 AM by Jansen »

samir

« Reply #40327 on: October 22, 2018, 12:09:54 AM »

I understand that you're just venting and straight people don't think twice about this stuff, but please do not use terms like 'cocksucker' as a means to insult someone who has upset you in some way. It is a derogatory slur that is considered offensive to many members in the LGBTQ community and while I'm sure you didn't mean to offend I feel it's important that you know this.

Dude gets robbed of all his stuff but oh won't someone thing of the poor offended taco

best of luck to you

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #40328 on: October 22, 2018, 01:19:11 AM »
Is a Home Owner's Association that thing were a bunch of average people are given the power to exert just enough influence on their immediate surroundings, to "conserve the property value", but really they opted into the position so they can try to heal the hurt of knowing deep inside their existence has no sort of meaning?
are you trying out new bits in this thread?

benjipwns

« Reply #40329 on: October 22, 2018, 01:22:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/honest-thoughts-on-libertarians.76046/

Quote from: Neon Noir, post: 14009525, member: 8777
What are your thoughts on libertarians? I hate all conservative viewpoints but libertarians for some reason are especially gruelling. The absurdity, the insane dedication to upholding the most shitty values ever imagined, the inconsistency, it's essentially a giant cult dedicated to enforcing the worst aspects of humanity.
All kinds of people today call themselves “libertarians,” especially something calling itself the New Right, which consists of hippies who are anarchists instead of leftist collectivists; but anarchists are collectivists. Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet libertarians combine capitalism and anarchism. That’s worse than anything the New Left has proposed. It’s a mockery of philosophy and ideology.

I don’t think plagiarists are effective. I’ve read nothing by Libertarians (when I read them, in the early years) that wasn’t my ideas badly mishandled—that is, the teeth pulled out of them—with no credit given. I didn’t know whether to be glad that no credit was given, or disgusted. I felt both. They are perhaps the worst political group today, because they can do the most harm to capitalism, by making it disreputable. I’ll take Jane Fonda over them.

Because libertarians are a monstrous, disgusting bunch of people: they plagiarize my ideas when that fits their purpose, and denounce me in a more vicious manner than any communist publication when that fits their purpose. They’re lower than any pragmatists, and what they hold against Objectivism is morality. They want an amoral political program.

Please don’t tell me they’re pursuing my goals. I have not asked for, nor do I accept, the help of intellectual cranks. I want philosophically educated people: those who understand ideas, care about ideas, and spread the right ideas. That’s how my philosophy will spread, just as philosophy has throughout history: by means of people who understand ideas and teach them to others. Further, it should be clear that I reject the filthy slogan “The end justifies the means.” That was originated by the Jesuits, and accepted enthusiastically by the Communists and the Nazis. The end does not justify the means; you cannot achieve anything good by evil means. Finally, libertarians aren’t worthy of being the means to any end, let alone the end of spreading Objectivism.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #40330 on: October 22, 2018, 01:30:26 AM »
Is a Home Owner's Association that thing were a bunch of average people are given the power to exert just enough influence on their immediate surroundings, to "conserve the property value", but really they opted into the position so they can try to heal the hurt of knowing deep inside their existence has no sort of meaning?

Gross. I would never do that sort of fucking hackey joke on stage.

From what i've seen and read, HoA are horrible. It's like the end-game of gentrification.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #40331 on: October 22, 2018, 02:27:11 AM »

Dude gets robbed of all his stuff but oh won't someone think of the poor offended taco

Offended by the use of "cocksucker" but says nothing about the use of "ghetto."  Typical white feminism. 

https://www.resetera.com/posts/14051154
Almost 100% cerrainthis is an alt-account/troll account set up to make posts like this so it can be taken somewhere like Gar and pointed at as a post that highlights the Era mods and community for being over-zealous.

It ticks all the right boxes:

I don't agree with this,BUT...
Lists excuses for this...
"Disentitled opinion is pulled on!"
Lists a bunch of excuses for racism:
BUT I'm brown too!

The proglem is you needed with a blatant troll post and shows your hand completely, I'm sure that won't matter to your audience, though.

They still don't get why people make fun of Era.  It's not the hyper-offendedness.  It's them thumping their chests about being objective, logical, and promoting civil discourse when they are all poo-flinging, tribalist, solipsists. 

It's like if two forums existed for Flat Earthers.  One say "any person who disagrees with the premise that the earth if flat shall be banned."  The other one says "all facts, science, proofs, and discussion that attempts to prove the false notion the earth is round is allowed, just don't argue in bad faith or be disingenuous." 

Both ban anyone one arguing that the earth is round. Which one will you laugh at?  Which one will receive the trolls?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:59:21 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #40332 on: October 22, 2018, 03:19:07 AM »
Whichever one is bigger than Reddit and drives the industry conversation.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #40333 on: October 22, 2018, 03:48:27 AM »
Whichever one is bigger than Reddit and drives the industry conversation.

Yikes from me dawg

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #40334 on: October 22, 2018, 04:05:29 AM »
my new social media platform, bananahammocks.com is bigger than reddit

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #40335 on: October 22, 2018, 04:34:07 AM »

Dude gets robbed of all his stuff but oh won't someone thing of the poor offended taco

best of luck to you
old big balls brainchild

kingv

« Reply #40338 on: October 22, 2018, 09:22:59 AM »

Gross. I would never do that sort of fucking hackey joke on stage.

From what i've seen and read, HoA are horrible. It's like the end-game of gentrification.

They’re horrible when you want to paint your fence white and they tell you you can only paint it black, and bye it’s the wrong height/design/the slats are too far apart and you must actually terse it down.

They are great when you’re slack-ass neighbor hasn’t mowed his lawn in 2 months and thinks it’s cool to keep a rusted out truck on cinderblocks in his driveway.

They serve a purpose but sometimes aren’t worth it.

Worst HOA story I’ve heard was from my uncle. He lived in a townhouse that had a shared parking lot between the units. Well they got it in their head that they wanted to split the parking lot up into assigned spots, but split it up in a way that was against the local laws (basically they wanted to give people that had a garage less spots.

Well this is in NOVA so of course all the residents are evil soulless automatons l, and of course some of them are lawyers. Anyway, the HOA ended up bankrupting itself by defending itself from this lawsuit that they eventually lost, and then didn’t really communicate this to the residents until they just like stopped doing maintenance.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40339 on: October 22, 2018, 10:37:40 AM »
bork make a :gamergate with a skinhead and swastika plz. call it :REthread

Do it , bork! You coward!

You do it since you apparently got them mad photoshop skillzz.
:ufup
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #40340 on: October 22, 2018, 10:48:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-the-mcu-basically-an-avengers-miniseries-in-theatres.76223/

It took 10 years for these nerds to figure this out? :lol :lol :lol :lol
Quote from: incelsiorlef
It's a Buffy like concept... down to tone and the "Big Bad"

Standalone and episodic but with a serial undertone that builds towards an accumulative narrative climax.

The Avengers movies are like the main Big Bad episodes of any given Buffy season and Avengers 3 and 4 is arguably a Buffy like 2 part season finale
one of those times it's too bad tasty ignores this thread

kingv

« Reply #40341 on: October 22, 2018, 11:38:04 AM »
Buffy was better though.

:expert

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40342 on: October 22, 2018, 11:45:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-the-mcu-basically-an-avengers-miniseries-in-theatres.76223/

It took 10 years for these nerds to figure this out? :lol :lol :lol :lol
Quote from: incelsiorlef
It's a Buffy like concept... down to tone and the "Big Bad"

Standalone and episodic but with a serial undertone that builds towards an accumulative narrative climax.

The Avengers movies are like the main Big Bad episodes of any given Buffy season and Avengers 3 and 4 is arguably a Buffy like 2 part season finale
one of those times it's too bad tasty ignores this thread

This is the sort of deep insights about the film art I expect from geek experts. Truly Modern Day Renaissance Men.
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40343 on: October 22, 2018, 11:46:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-robbed.76209/
Quote from: Dr.Ifto, post: 14043607, member: 15647
worst thing to happen that is non physical is to be robbed. you feel so vulnerable, guilty, alone, and then depressed.  i had over 100 SNES games stolen from me once. was nearly almost destroyed mentally.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:56:48 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40344 on: October 22, 2018, 11:57:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-robbed.76209/page-8#post-14059221
Quote from: -PXG-, post: 14059221, member: 7103
It would be too hard to respond to every post. So I'll do my best here:

1) No, I don't have renter's insurance. I did the first year I lived here because I was paranoid. Once I figured I live in a quiet complex with families and retirees, I decided it was a waste of money. Guess I was wrong...
:mindblown :dead
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40345 on: October 22, 2018, 12:00:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-robbed.76209/page-7#post-14054044
Quote from: -PXG-, post: 14054044, member: 7103
Being a gaming enthusiast site, all of you understand.

My games are more than just material items. More than just expensive toys that I busted my ass to afford. They're memories. They're a means to escape and temporarily forget the troubles and monotony of reality.

For instance, I play Destiny 2. I play A LOT of Destiny 2. I have a lot of online friends, none of which know in person or live anywhere close to. That social interaction has now been severed. So that means no raids, no nightfalls, no Gambit, no PvP, no clanmates or friends at all until...who knows. Thank goodness I'm mostly "done" too. I just hope I don't miss any new secret discovery. I pride myself and work very hard in-game to be among the first to have or do whatever new thing(s) come out. I seriously don't wanna be left behind or have to catch up.

Destiny is basically my only social outlet besides work and seeing my parents once a week for dinner. So now, I dread coming back to a (violated) home that is virtually empty. No means to connect. No means to share my hobby and love for a game and community I love. No Red Dead Redemption 2 either. So all of the initial hype and neat little discoveries will likely be spoiled too. I'll get to play it, eventually. But it won't be the same.

My point is that for the time being, my life is literally going to be working, eating and sleeping. I already have no social life and barely make enough money to survive. Now I'm reduced to basically no means to take my mind off anything. No means to give myself a semblance of illusion of happiness and social connection with others. So after working all day, there's nothing to look forward to. I won't look forward to coming home, the one place where I'm supposed to feel safe. The one place I can relax and pursue what I want, even if it's just a little. That little bit was taken away.

:goty2
ど助平

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #40346 on: October 22, 2018, 12:25:15 PM »

My games are more than just material items. More than just expensive toys that I busted my ass to afford. They're memories. They're a means to escape and temporarily forget the troubles and monotony of reality.

For instance, I play Destiny 2. I play A LOT of Destiny 2. I have a lot of online friends, none of which know in person or live anywhere close to. That social interaction has now been severed. So that means no raids, no nightfalls, no Gambit, no PvP, no clanmates or friends at all until...who knows. Thank goodness I'm mostly "done" too. I just hope I don't miss any new secret discovery. I pride myself and work very hard in-game to be among the first to have or do whatever new thing(s) come out. I seriously don't wanna be left behind or have to catch up.

Destiny is basically my only social outlet besides work and seeing my parents once a week for dinner. So now, I dread coming back to a (violated) home that is virtually empty. No means to connect. No means to share my hobby and love for a game and community I love. No Red Dead Redemption 2 either. So all of the initial hype and neat little discoveries will likely be spoiled too. I'll get to play it, eventually. But it won't be the same.

My point is that for the time being, my life is literally going to be working, eating and sleeping. I already have no social life and barely make enough money to survive. Now I'm reduced to basically no means to take my mind off anything. No means to give myself a semblance of illusion of happiness and social connection with others. So after working all day, there's nothing to look forward to. I won't look forward to coming home, the one place where I'm supposed to feel safe. The one place I can relax and pursue what I want, even if it's just a little. That little bit was taken away.

Wow, that got super depressing fast. Still, someone should tell him not to define himself as a gamer because gamers are trash.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40347 on: October 22, 2018, 12:38:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-robbed.76209/page-8
Quote from: Chettlar, post: 14062915, member: 4628
Honestly this is part of why I'm hesitant to get a switch.  I need them to get cloud saves worked out.  Almost everything I have is backed up somewhere to some extent, even games without cloud saves like dark souls on steam with almost everything collected I emailed to myself.  I'm paranoid about being robbed, and unfortunately I can't afford insurance either.  I know eventually I could save up and purchase new consiles, but saves can take hundreds of hours to rebuild sometimes.

WTF is this?  I don't recall renters' insurance being that pricey.  And regardless, I'd pay for that before I went to buy more video games.

EDIT: Yup:
According to the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America, the average cost is only $12 per month, or $144 per year,
:mindblown
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40348 on: October 22, 2018, 12:40:23 PM »
WTF is this?  I don't recall renters' insurance being that pricey.  And regardless, I'd pay for that before I went to buy more video games.

According to the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America, the average cost is only $12 per month, or $144 per year,

They need some insurance shills to start talking about it in terms of snickers bars and how its like paying extra to enter the VIP lounge at a club instead of slumming it with the hoi polloi

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #40349 on: October 22, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »
I don't that's why I'm asking you.

Coward
[close]

Don't you dare sully my artwork with your shitty ideas.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #40350 on: October 22, 2018, 12:48:19 PM »

Coward
[close]

You guys are useless.

[close]

edit:

Coward
[close]

:umad

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #40351 on: October 22, 2018, 01:05:48 PM »
Derivative work. :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40352 on: October 22, 2018, 01:11:51 PM »

Coward
[close]

Raist did it, but gonna need Stufte to sign off on this. 
:trumps

Also don't care since Exodust is being a big meanie.
:umad
ど助平

Jansen

« Reply #40353 on: October 22, 2018, 01:13:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14045573/

Quote from: DigitalOp, post: 14045573, member: 33346
Jesus fucking christ, you're a grade A assclown.

You scream about NOBODY GIVES ME NUMBERS. People reply to you with some form of strategy and policy and common sense, and your response is SHOUT OUT THE SIDELINES WHILE ADULTS DO WORK

You moron, you haven't provided not one shit of data to back up your views either.... just scream and piss in the wind.

A lot of people are over cats like you. Just quit it and log off.

Only a warning?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:11:35 PM by Jansen »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #40354 on: October 22, 2018, 01:17:52 PM »
Quote from: Chettlar, post: 14062915, member: 4628
Honestly this is part of why I'm hesitant to get a switch.  I need them to get cloud saves worked out.  Almost everything I have is backed up somewhere to some extent, even games without cloud saves like dark souls on steam with almost everything collected I emailed to myself.  I'm paranoid about being robbed, and unfortunately I can't afford insurance either.  I know eventually I could save up and purchase new consiles, but saves can take hundreds of hours to rebuild sometimes.

It was either insurance or xbox live gold, bra

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #40355 on: October 22, 2018, 01:40:35 PM »
damnit Raist.

That's pretty good you bastard.  :lol
[close]

Raist

« Reply #40356 on: October 22, 2018, 01:54:20 PM »
 :-*

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40357 on: October 22, 2018, 02:10:44 PM »

Quote from: -PXG-, post: 14063620, member: 7103
My Switch and PS4 Pro are my most prized items I want returned. Getting my PS4 back would relieve a lot of stress. Then, I'd know my PSN account and Destiny characters are safe.

I keep checking Ishtar Commander (Destiny inventory app) to ensure my guardians and gear are secure. They are. My Destiny account is sacred, for those of you who know me. 3500+ hours of hard work. I don't know what I would do if that got fucked up. Who knows how or what Bungie does in the event people's accounts get compromised.

GET HELP.  Funny that he also posted this earlier:
My mother was right to tell me not to love someone or something too much
:lol
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:15:19 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40358 on: October 22, 2018, 02:11:41 PM »
damnit Raist.

[close]

Do you want it as an official emoticon? 
ど助平

stufte

« Reply #40359 on: October 22, 2018, 02:14:25 PM »
damnit Raist.

[close]

Do you want it as an official emoticon?

IDGAF, if you think people will use it, go for it.  :doge

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #40360 on: October 22, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »
:developer pls

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40361 on: October 22, 2018, 02:19:11 PM »
:rethread
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #40362 on: October 22, 2018, 02:19:39 PM »

stufte

« Reply #40363 on: October 22, 2018, 02:25:42 PM »
 :gamergate :rethread :gamergate :rethread

equality

:rejoice

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40364 on: October 22, 2018, 02:26:13 PM »

Quote from: -PXG-, post: 14063620, member: 7103
My Switch and PS4 Pro are my most prized items I want returned. Getting my PS4 back would relieve a lot of stress. Then, I'd know my PSN account and Destiny characters are safe.

I keep checking Ishtar Commander (Destiny inventory app) to ensure my guardians and gear are secure. They are. My Destiny account is sacred, for those of you who know me. 3500+ hours of hard work. I don't know what I would do if that got fucked up. Who knows how or what Bungie does in the event people's accounts get compromised.

GET HELP.  Funny that he also posted this earlier:
My mother was right to tell me not to love someone or something too much
:lol

I know they don't deserve devil's advocate but to be fair, I'm not exactly sure what a normal functioning adult should consider a prized possession they want back, if not something like a PS4

Family heirlooms?  The quilt my grandma gave me before she died?  I thought we were kind of past sentimental family artifacts as a society, with everyone dropping contact with family at the drop of a hat over politics

Are you suggesting that when your house is robbed nothing should be considered a prized possession?

I know, I know

Uncle

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #40365 on: October 22, 2018, 02:54:00 PM »
For anyone who finds PXG’s situation laughable, watch this video:

Propagandhim

« Reply #40366 on: October 22, 2018, 02:58:34 PM »

https://www.gofundme.com/republicattakslegowasstolen

$18,350 of $1,000 goal
Raised by 961 people in 16 days

:putin

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #40367 on: October 22, 2018, 03:02:05 PM »

https://www.gofundme.com/republicattakslegowasstolen

$18,350 of $1,000 goal
Raised by 961 people in 16 days

:putin

They closed the donation page but people are still trying to support him.

It’s easy to laugh at someone from behind a computer screen, but actually seeing someone’s sadness over losing something that matters to them is heartbreaking.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40368 on: October 22, 2018, 03:36:58 PM »
$18k? that’s like 2 or 3 LEGO sets.
Oi Oi

kingv

« Reply #40369 on: October 22, 2018, 03:43:23 PM »

Wow, that got super depressing fast. Still, someone should tell him not to define himself as a gamer because gamers are trash.

I think he needs to take a chill pill and think about how much harder this would be if he was a she.

Raist

« Reply #40370 on: October 22, 2018, 04:29:04 PM »

I want 5% of the bore's ad revenue.

:success :money

Wait.

Bore Expert

« Reply #40371 on: October 22, 2018, 04:54:27 PM »

I want 5% of the bore's ad revenue.

:success :money

Wait.

That’ll get you 3 Doritos locos tacos and a water.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40372 on: October 22, 2018, 04:56:42 PM »
The bore generates 60 doritos locos tacos??? :gladbron :phil
Uncle

Nuitangg

« Reply #40373 on: October 22, 2018, 05:00:31 PM »
That PXG dude needs to stop being a little bitch.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40374 on: October 22, 2018, 05:01:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/la-confidential-holy-shit-racism-sexism-spoilers.76360/

Thinks bad things happening to people in a film is approval for those things.
Oi Oi

Propagandhim

« Reply #40375 on: October 22, 2018, 05:04:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/la-confidential-holy-shit-racism-sexism-spoilers.76360/

Thinks bad things happening to people in a film is approval for those things.

I have tried giving this movie the benefit of the doubt as I was watching it, but some things just seem like complete oversight instead of satire.

What is the 'doubt' that he's referring to?

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40376 on: October 22, 2018, 05:11:09 PM »
"It’s not about the racism of the characters, it’s about how it’s handled by the filmmakers."

"Its focus is clearly on the dark mystery, rather than the massively problematic time it is set in."

OP wants an extra to look into the camera and tell the audience that the detectives are shitty people.
Oi Oi

Raist

« Reply #40377 on: October 22, 2018, 05:12:49 PM »
"It’s not about the racism of the characters, it’s about how it’s handled by the filmmakers."

OP wants an extra to look into the camera and tell the audience that the detectives are shitty people.

No, such movies should simply not even exist. Same for books.

Wait, that sounds familiar.

[close]

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40378 on: October 22, 2018, 05:13:02 PM »
Quote from: Francesco
My problem is not the characters. They can do those things, but the movie has to give them meaning. Even a reaction shot would suffice. Instead it’s like nothing happened.

Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #40379 on: October 22, 2018, 05:25:41 PM »

"Its focus is clearly on the dark mystery, rather than the massively problematic time it is set in."

When all you watch are sunday morning cartoons, everything else is problematic
:O